Fae Courts The Spring's Rebirth (Coronation)

Threads open to all members of the Fae Courts group
If there was anyone who could read the Winter Queen like an open book, it was him. He correctly summised the nature of her look after Nairth's speech and elected to purposefully enjoy the evening before she sunk her teeth into his words and ran away with them. Asemir gave her a wane, knowing smile that would have bordered on fondness for her wit if they weren't both distracted by the sounds of drama.

He lingered at his seat beside Mab, slowly pulling it out as he absently watched over the heads of other attendants the situation unfold at Midir's table. Like many others this was a cause for concern. Unlike many others, Asemir had zero desire to step in on the Erlking's behalf. There simply was no need - Midir could handle himself with what looked to be a young and brash whelp.

"No," he replied to Mab and casually took his seat by her side, "may be one of Midir's upstart Hounds whining because he hasn't been titled ... speaking of hounds... Baenon," his gaze settled on the shuck, smile broadening, "how nice of you to show up," and he briefly flickered to Aster, "with Omnia Aster." He was supposed to have Ceilidh on his arm. What a peculiar turn of events.

“Lord Kor Aren, it is nice to see you outside of the court.”

"Indeed, you look lovely, Aster. I'm glad you could make it," his eyes dwindled down to the namecard where Baenon had sat her and widened as he spied Ceilidh's name there. He reached forward, pretending to adjust things for Aster, and gently tapped the card with a finger to magic her name there, instead. "Nothing to be concerned with. King Midir has has everything under control I'm sure."

Ameris Aster Tiernan Baenon Mab Midir

Last edited:
  • Smug
  • Sip
Reactions: Mab and Midir
“Of course, Baen, how dare someone make you speak without giving you a treat after.”

Baen scoffed at the jab but otherwise held his tongue. Honestly, if people gave him treats for talking he might be inclined to do it more often. Food and tea - so that was how Ceilidh got so many words out of him. As they arrived at the table and Aster gave her greetings, he pulled out her chair and directed her hand to its back so she could find her way into the seat on her own. After so many hundreds of years working as the Omnia's guide in Winter, these actions and gestures came naturally.

He was nothing if not committed to doing a job well.

The shuck did not miss the lingering question in Asemir's tone at his own greeting, "Given the Omnia was displaced from her duties this year at Winter, this seemed an appropriate alternative." Ceilidh had opted not to come and committed to that decision, claiming to have been swept up in a fresh muse and also busy with her student. When Aster had arrived ath is home in Winter this evening, he'd already undressed from being prepped to take Cece and settled in for a quiet night. The loss of which still presently persisted as discontentment in his chest. Or perhaps that was heartburn from not yet eating supper. His dark eyes then fell rather astutely on Mab and he offered her a respectable bow, "You Splendor."

Baenon opted not to compliment anyone, ever. It kept things uncomplicated. With that, he looked down to Aster, eyes briefly glancing Asemir's sly touch of magic on the namecard with a raised brow, and touched the woman on the shoulder with his gloved hand to get her attention, "Libation?"

Aster Tiernan

Last edited:
  • Sip
Reactions: Mab
The mountain of a fae was able to find food quickly, but was disappointed by what he found. Little food designed for plucking idly with ones fingers off a tray as it past by or small plates with small portions for the use of eating utensils. Perhaps perfect for such a grand party but ill suited for his needs. His body was already unusually large for one of his kind. Such a boon granted him a great bulk of muscles, but it required a mountain's worth of food to fuel. Such tiny delights could not sustain him normally let alone after he had found himself fasting for several days. He was famished, near starving, and salvation from it was not forthcoming.

So he had stolen the entire tray from one of the servants, with an apology as he did so, and he had begun to wander in search of another as he used the silver as an oversized plate. But the next nearest meal was in the most unfortunate of locations. Drama was beginning to erupt at the nearest table. He looked over and saw Mab the Queen of the Winter Court and a man who's appearance lined up with the renowned Asemir present. A gathering no one likely wanted to intrude upon, but of course Midir the Erlking was doing just that in his typical fashion. And with him he brought the young fae that Nairth had just entangled along with him.

Quacey handed his empty tray to the nearest servant and retreated towards the throne as attention was no doubt being absorbed by the burgeoning scene.

And this is where he ultimately found himself. Near the throne so that he could meet with Nairth San'Seya soon and then make his leave. He was in no state to handle what this party was becoming. A gathering of all the most powerful fae was bound to end in a new war and he did not wish to take part in it until it was officially declared.

Eske

• Bless
  • Sip
Reactions: Mab and Eske
The Erlking stood and smiled, sending shivers of fear through Ameris’ body for the first time. He may have been taller than the other blond man, but Midir was certainly scarier. He lived up to every tale that had ever been spoken about him and Ameris was almost one hundred percent sure that he was about to die. The next words caught the boy off guard for a second.

"I think I know who you are looking for, however"

Ameris frowned and let more of his rage out to simply clear his mind some more. The Erlking was not his father, he knew that much, and now the Erlking was going to bring him to the man he sought. Perfect. Ameris was almost vibrating with rage and anticipation when he felt something slide around his feet as he turned to follow the Erlking.

Before he could take a step, he was moving towards the ground. He put his hands out instinctively and once he had hit the ground with an umph, he quickly got up and looked around. He was too concerned with following the Erlking to find the fae that had done that to him. Ameris dusted himself off and stalked after Midir with a scowl on his handsome face.

• Popcorn
  • Sip
Reactions: Midir and Mab
Varos let out a small sigh as he walked away from his compatriots, his tail on display and swishing behind him. The words of the new spring king were certainly something to think about. "Life nature and freedom," he echoed in a low mumble. "Life, Freedom, and Unity." His lips curled into a sly smile, and he looked through the parting crowds, a splash of red catching his eyes. It was the face of one who had just spoken to the newly crowned ruler and if Nairth San'Seya was too busy to speak with the brothers directly, perhaps the moment would best be used speaking to one that he was close to.

"Your lord seems to promise a lot. Something I suppose we of the Vitae can relate to,"
the master of secrets purred, his voice as always, low like a whisper yet somehow impossible to miss. "You must be quite proud to stand at the side of such a visionary, miss." While he did not know her name yet, Varos was already tracing the lines he could see streaming from her body. Secrets that bound her to others, whether she knew it or not. It was always a fun game to discover an identity through them, though he doubted it would work this time. Such cases were rare and usually involved beings either ancient or very busy.

Shaileigh Ilayda

Kind and wise as was her nature, Eske's response did fill the new King's heart with some level of comfort. It was an isolating feeling, sitting on this throne, but he was constantly reminded that he had no small number of allies who wished to see him thrive in this role. Her counsel would undoubtedly prove invaluable in the coming times ahead. It seemed that the lovely heradryad had other matters that needed her attention, however, the smile that had graced her features did not remain after greeting Dianthe.

It was that lack of smile that caused Nairth to lean forward, his own demeanor growing a shade more serious. If there were anything in his power he could do to assist Eske, he would do so without any hesitation. That was why he felt his heart sink into the pit of his stomach when she requested the location of Oberon's remains. Quickly, his eyes flittered over to Dianthe, and he gestured her forward, extending his hand to take her smaller one.

"Miss Dianthe. It is a great pleasure to make your acquaintance, and I must say you look wonderful. Thank you for coming to this event. It means much to me." Nairth would bring her hand up to his lips, kissing it softly before he continued. "However, I must speak with Lady Eske about a topic rather sensitive in nature. If you would not be offended, please step away for a moment, and I will come to speak further with you in just a moment."

Once Dianthe was out of earshot, the Spring King would wave Eske closer with the wave of a hand, speaking hushedly to her with a rather somber tone. "Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with an answer to that question. Eske, I have managed to keep things quiet and peaceful, but all is not as it appears. The sickness that stole Oberon's life was more than some mere illness. It is something much more dangerous." He hadn't intended to speak of it to anybody just yet, but Eske held his trust. "I had to destroy what remained of him. Lest the pestilence that seized him be allowed to spread further than it already has."

From the corner of his eye, he saw Quacey moving towards the Dias as well. Once again Nairth's lips tightened. Quacey would know, but not until Nairth had come up with some sort of solution. That day was not today.

• Sip
The newly risen Triumvir watched the newly crowned King of Spring with a world-weary gaze. He was doing well on this day, entreating his guests as he should, and she felt guilty for taking his time away from them. As guilty as she felt taking time away from Mirlorne. Alas, the responsibilities of leadership weighed heavily on them all.

Anyone wearing a crown in attendance knew this.

As bid, Eske cleared the last few steps separating herself from Nairth, and came to a stand at his front where his hushed words would easily find her ear and not that of others. Already unsmiling, this news brought the rare appearance of a frown to her lips and a line of concern to pinch over her brow.

"A deeply concerning problem," she quietly agreed with him, "you have my condolences, my aid if you should need it, and my counsel, as always," glancing up with understanding for his caution and his decision to stem the tide of corruption where he could. She held his gaze for several moments, determining the man to be speaking in full truth and not in fabrication of one. It was ... strangely similar in nature to her own present threat in Mirlorne, but now was not the time for speaking on such things.

"More will ask for a place to pay their respects, he was well loved and admired by many. A memorial will keep away worry or suspicion of ill intent. I will make one for you, in a place he would have been pleased to rest and they will love you more for it. In a few days time you might consider writing the Queen Titania for she was very close with King Oberon. She may yet appreciate sympathy and understanding for her grief."

Dealing with the wrath of a grieving Titania would not go well while he was also dealing with the aftermath of an unknown corrupting power that had killed a fae King. A solemn, earnest invitation to visit the memorial might stem the tide of her pain, even if she likely would not accept it.

"There is more I need to speak with you on, but it is not the time. For now," Eske leaned up and pressed her lips against the King's cheek in a kiss that lingered for several moments, filling his senses with the scent of fragrant meadow blooms, "I wish you well on your grandest of days, dear Nairth." With a warm, wane smile to him she stood back, fluidly turned, and departed back down the dais steps. Reaching the bottom Eske found herself nearly face to face with Quacey.

"Apologies," she smiled, but it was indeed a sad expression, "the King is free to speak with you now."

Last edited:
  • Sip
Shaileigh had been taking a sip of her wine when the fae male approached her. She looked over at the dark-haired speaker and nodded in agreement. She was proud to stand by the side of King Nairth. He had plans and she would be there for all of them.

“Ilayda, Shaileigh Ilayda,” she spoke her name simply and turned to face him. “I must admit that I have no idea who the Vitae are. I hope you can forgive my ignorance in this matter.” She had not concerned herself in politics for many years. She enjoyed partying in the Summer Court and had only recently realized there was more to life than perfection and wealth.

“The King is a visionary, indeed, and I am proud to stand at his side. He cares very much about preserving the beauty of this world.” Shaileigh paused and took another drink as her eyes slid over to the dais that held her King and an unknown woman. She turned back to the mysterious man and extended her hand. “It is a pleasure to meet you, Lord…” Her voice trailed off.

The Brothers Vitae

• Sip
He'd be a lair to deny his wounded pride at the lack of recognition, though it was assuaged a bit at the idea of the absence of himself and his brothers. "Varos, lord of secrets of the Vitae Court. We've only recently come from an extended vacation so I suppose it makes sense that our name has been left in the shadows. No doubt my brothers have some work to do to change that."

Varos' eyes shifted around the room, keeping out for any glasses that might serve to loosen his ever-tense nerves. People were so easier to deal with from a distance, listening to their words to another, or even in a quiet booth where one's focus was able to be focused as to not miss a single detail. How Rerreno dealt with such open speech, he could never quite understand.
Shaileigh Ilayda

Rerreno smiled as he looked over the glistening clear spring, watching as the steam billowed up before his eyes. "Quite the thought. Maybe we should take it for ourselves," he murmured as he started to unbutton his shirt. While certainly not as chiseled as the hewn from stone body of Wulren, and not as acrobatic in figure as Varos, Rerreno didn't neglect his body. A certain portion of diplomacy did come from good first impressions and as such, his figure was still in shape, allowing him to undress without shame. With his vestments folded neatly at the base of a nearby tree, the lord of diplomacy stepped smoothly into the water, enjoy the warmth as it lapped over him and up to his chest as he became seated. "Hmm... It may require some spell work, or Wulren's help but I think I'll definitely add this to our estate."

• Sip
All the fae could do was watch and wait as Nairth San'Seya spoke with a pair of strangers that became one stranger rather quickly at his throne. A quick glance over towards the royal winter court table to see the escalation of tensions and the sense of having made the correct choice to flee its vicinity grow stronger.

The party was already beginning to feel rather surreal to Quacey as he grabbed a pair of drinks off a passing tray. Why he grabbed two he was unsure. It was rather instinctive a motion. But he did not question it. He just sipped on one as he tried not to think too much about the events back home. Between that and Nairth becoming the new King of the Spring Court, he felt as if he was currently living in a nightmare that had sizzled down into a dream.

Sooner than he had expected, the pair conversing at the throne wrapped up and the lovely even by fae standards woman left. A path that took her right to him. He offered her as polite and genuine of a smile as he could muster up in his still rather fragile state. Rudeness was something he loathed after all, and she was polite to him with her words.

A thank you would have been the end of it along with a nod or slight bow, but he was struck with a sensation the moment she became close. That all too familiar sense of one who was lost. His sensitivity of such had felt rather numbed after the events at home and was why he could so easily ignore the ones obviously present in such a large gathering. It was the one blessing to him currently after everything. But with her it was stronger. Strong enough he knew best not to ignore it.

So despite it all Quacey hardened himself and readied himself to perform his self appointed duty.

The duanann held out the untouched drink in offering to Eske as he spoke. "None necessary my Lady."

He would take a sip of his own drink. An extra moment to try and reinforce himself to be not as fragile as before.

"It is not yet my turn to speak with Nairth. Your companion was ahead of me and as such it would be an insult to go before her."

He glanced over towards Dianthe Cyrene to see if she had rejoined the new Spring King yet or not. But his focus was not gone from Eske for but a blink's span.

"More importantly, I get this feeling you may be in need of some help or at least someone who will listen."

He offered her out his free hand and bowed to her slight. His eyes directed towards the ground as he did before coming back up to meet her as he continued speaking.

"I am Lord Quacey of Twinhome and it my greatest pleasure to meet with and offer said ear to listen to the most lovely lady at this coronation."

• Sip
Dianthe had approached the king, and Eske after being bid. However she was keen to pick up on a serious tone from the woman. It made her hesitate, and it was soon confirmed as Nairth greeted her and bid her step back a moment.

Such was the nature of the courts. She smiled politely, and took her hand back from the press of his lips on her skin. She bowed her head, and stepped back to allow the two to talk. She was in no rush.

Another fae had approached as she waited, another she did not know. She nodded politely to the towering man, before returning her attention to the crowd. Soon enough, the two had finished speaking and the woman breezed past her. Dianthe looked up to where Nairth say, waiting for his approval to approach. He did not seem particularly happy, and she wasn't even sure this was a good idea anymore.

Nairth San'Seya

• Sip
Cas felt a chill, shivering as something just felt completely off. Quite often this feeling of being a rabbit running away from a hound only came from two people: Jago or Baenon. Cas shook his head, a slight chuckle sounding because honestly, that was ridiculous. Jago wasn’t invited and Baenon would never come to something like this, he was not a party person. Yet, that icy chill continued to course through him, the hair on the back of his neck raising up as his ears pricked. There was a growl, and a familiar one at that. Slowly, Cas began to turn his head, lilac eyes widening as he saw a nightmare: the black shuck who could end his life whenever he wanted.

Oh Astrid, we should stay away from there,” Cas whispered to her, hoping that whatever… family drama was going on over there, made it so Astrid could not see baenon and try to get Casimir to go over and talk to him once again. Especially since from what Cas could see, he was holding hands with some woman he had never seen before. He felt that if Astrid saw that she wouldn’t be happy. She already wasn’t her chipper self as she felt so nervous being here around so many important people.

I think Dia is okay,” Cas said, still deciding that it was better to lead Astrid closer over to their mission than to stand around be caught up in blonde fae drama. It was always the blondes that seemed to be taking “blondes are more fun” way too far. Yet, to Cas’ keen perception, Dia seemed to be doing quite well on her own. She seemed sober and able to make good decisions. “Really, we just need to watch her and make sure when she drinks, we’re there to handle any issues. Men hitting on her, kings dancing with her, people giving her drinks, her dress doesn’t get dirty, you know, all of that duanann stuff.” Cas added, very serious and still feeling quite uneasy knowing Baenon was there. So was Asemir. Two people who Cas would rather impress than upset. “We really can’t mess this one up,” he sighed, shivering once more as he remembered Baenon’s tundra-cold stare. “He’ll have my hide.” He whispered very softly to himself, referencing Baenon.

Astrid Bielke

He said didn’t know him, but Mab was not sure she believed him. From the glimpse of him she’d gotten, Mab wasn’t quite sure how he answered that truthfully. Didn’t he see him?

Questions she didn’t dare ask and not something she was going to broach right now. She was just being oversensitive. She was just riled up since seeing Asemir again for the first time in so long. She was just upset in general and her mind must be playing tricks on her, as it was wont to do.

Besides, they had visitors. Mab turned around to smile pleasantly at the pair that approached them. All traces of her shock were gone, replaced by the genial, carefree twinkle of the Queen at ease.

“It’s Aster and Baenon!” She waved away the bow with a laugh. “No need for all that, Baenon.” He was a stickler for the rules, always, in spite of being the closest thing to a nephew as she’d ever gotten.

Niceties were exchanged as everyone was seated and, when Aster inquired about the commotion, Mab glanced anxiously back toward Midir. She dipped into the conversation long enough to hear him dressing down the young man, who briefly looked more afraid than angry.

“You know how these things go,” she laughed, turning back toward Aster. She reached out her hand toward her. “Always some sort of fuss to be made somewhere.” An understatement. If someone wasn’t fucking in one corner and someone else wasn’t having a pissing contest in the other, was it really worth coming?

“How have you been, my dear?” Mab asked Aster. “I missed you both at the delivery of the Futures, however lovely it was to see Lord Kor Aren in your stead”

She flicked Asemir a playful grin. Their reunion had been anything but lovely. Painful? Yes. A bitter reminder that she wasn’t as over him as she’d thought? Also yes. Mab did not like being proven wrong, after all.

• Smug
Reactions: Baenon
The event had begun to settle into dark corners like waves into familiar tidepools, choked with flamboyant life and occasional stagnation.

Old friends and rivals reunited with eagerness or reluctance. Destinies teetered on the knife-edge of courtly relationships.

One wrong word, one poorly chosen expression, could yield exile or death or — worst of all — labels like clumsy and gauche and amusing.

A bad time, perhaps, for a panicked little bird to flit through and take a terrified crap in Baenon's hair.

Isiell shivered as Midir's power rippled through him, subtle and quiet, but as near as she sat she couldn't help but notice it. The corner of her mouth twisted up into a devious smile. She didn't fully retract her own gathering magic, though. Not yet.

She snorted softly and smirked, raising her glass of wine back to her lips as she felt the chaos begin to swirl inside of Ameris. It was obvious that this one had made a mistake, but if someone was going to openly challenge the Erlking in any sort of way... well, this coronation just got a whole lot more fun.

The chaos only got better when she felt the ground tremble under her feet, and she chuckled softly as the irate fae was tossed backward off his feet, and she turned sparkling eyes in Nairth's direction for a moment.

Midir had more patience than Nairth, though, and Isiell continued to lazily sip at her wine as she watched, then giggled when the Erlking stood, motioning for this accuser to follow, then stood herself.

"Mind if I tag along?" she purred, slipping her hand into Midir's elbow as she dodged the spilled wine on the floor. He had turned toward where Mab stood with her escort... and if she was going to have to face her tumultuous past, she might as well do it while she wasn't going to be the one causing the chaos.

Midir Ameris Mab Asemir

• Cthuloo
  • Smug
Reactions: Midir and Mab
There was much more the new King wished to tell Eske. Few he trusted the wisdom of as much as she, and to face the upcoming hardships would take wisdom beyond even his capacity. Alas, this was not the time, nor the place to have a discussion so dire. Later, without so many ears all around them, he would find time to share with her the truth of Oberon's fate. She deserved to know, as did many others. It was a shame that the still-looming danger that lurked among these trees prevented him from being as open as he would like.

Of course her advice on dealing with the aftermath of Oberon's death was sound. In the chaos of the last few months, such precautions had completely slipped his mind. Such mistakes could not be made frequently if this reign was to be a success, and again he cursed his nerved. Focus. There was so much to be done, and he could not expect anybody else to do such things in his stead; He was King. The duty rested on his shoulders.

The sensation of Eske's lips on his flesh called him back to the Wild Hunt festival, such a short time ago, but it had been such a simpler time. He'd cherish that memory of her for ages to come, that moment of freedom that she'd given him. "I will follow your advice. Thank you again for your counsel." She pulled away bidding him farewell as she hints at the hidden depths or her own troubles. "Yes, there are many things we need to discuss, I believe. Be safe, Lady Eske. I eagerly await our next meeting." Nairth watched her as she descended the dias and spoke briefly to Quacey, who Nairth did offer a small smile of welcome. The Knight was eccentric and often impossible to predict, but Nairth had full faith in him as a servant of the Spring. He would not let him down.

San'Seya would get to him soon. First, he turns his attention to Dianthe, waving her up the dias with a soft smile. "Come, Miss Dianthe. I eagerly await making your acquaintance. It honors me that you chose to attend. Tell me, what do you think of Grovehaven?" The lovely young woman had been so patient. Anything he could do to make her feel welcome, he would do.

• Yay
  • Sip
Reactions: Baenon and Quacey
"Indeed, you look lovely, Aster. I'm glad you could make it," his eyes dwindled down to the namecard where Baenon had sat her and widened as he spied Ceilidh's name there. He reached forward, pretending to adjust things for Aster, and gently tapped the card with a finger to magic her name there, instead. "Nothing to be concerned with. King Midir has has everything under control I'm sure."

“I am very happy that Baenon agreed to accompany me. I did not feel like stumbling around the room like a fool without my seeing eye dog.” A small smirk crossed her lips as she responded to Asemir. She pulled her glove back into place as Ase assured her that the commotion was nothing to be concerned of. He could see what was happening so she took his word for it.

"Libation?"

“Just some water, please, Baen.” Like him, Aster did not drink alcohol. She had quickly found out that the little control she held over her power evaporated when she drank. The feeling of not being in control of her life was bad enough when she was sober.

“How have you been, my dear?” Mab asked Aster. “I missed you both at the delivery of the Futures, however lovely it was to see Lord Kor Aren in your stead”

When Queen Mab spoke to Aster, she smiled again. She considered the Queen a friend and she felt like the Queen felt that same. “I have been fine. I was very sad to miss you this year, Queen Mab. Baen is terrible conversation when it comes to fashion so I do hope we have some time to speak of such frivolity this evening.” She chuckled softly before speaking again. “I can only assume that Lord Kor Aren is equally as terrible as Baen in that department.”

Mab Asemir Baenon

• Cthulhoo rage
  • Smug
Reactions: Mab and Baenon
Fae parted like the sea before the Erlking and the look he wore on his face. He suppressed the growing amusement and anticipation at seeing his brothers reaction - Mab's reaction, too - to the little present he was about to drop in his lap like a bloodied bird. For centuries Asemir had spoken of what he would do if he were a father and who had known that all these years he had been. Perhaps a small part of him felt an ounce of pity for what was about to happen but it was hard to deny the fae's inherent nature for chaos and drama that rode him now.

"Brother," the word was delivered like an icy, winter storm in stark contrast to his true emotions. "Mab," his eyes cut to the Winter Queen and the Erlking offered the smallest of informal bows with a quirk of his lips before straightening and continuing. "I'd like you to meet someone," stepping aside to reveal the younger fae at the epicentre of the turbulence felt only moments ago. "I believe you know his mother. Oh... what was her name again... Marina," the delight crept into his cold green eyes then as he sipped at his wine.

• Nervous
Nairth finally waved her up to the dias, and she returned his soft smile with her own. He was impressive just in power alone, to stand before him was truly an honor. She felt the life of nature running through every vein of his Grovehaven, it was mesmerizing.

"I feel like I can't express what I think of Grovehaven in words. It's impressive, teeming with life." She looked at the Spring King, her eyes shining excitedly. "I could feel what you've done to make this your home. It's beautiful." She should have been looking at him, but her eyes were exploring even as she talked about it.

Finally when she turned her gaze back to him, she smiled once more. "I was very impressed with your speech. It held a lot of my own thoughts and feelings in your words. I'm currently a fae with no court to call home. After listening to you speak, I feel even more drawn to Spring than when I first touched the trees that helped make it."

Nairth San'Seya

• Sip
Vulpesen's ears vibrated with Wulren's laughter as a black bird seemed to appear from nowhere, defecating on the head of some unfortunate fae. In truth, he found it funny enough that he'd have likely joined if not for the very real possibility that the godlike being would see fit to take out his frustration on an impudent mortal. Sure he didn't mind being impudent when it suited him, but he was a bit too busy to risk his disintegration at this very moment.

"Looks like you'll need to ask our host where he keeps the baths, my friend. You'll likely need them," the lord of War suggested as he approached the circle of fae, his hand clamped like a vice on the shoulder of his brother's warlock." His eyes moved between the others in the small circle, and he offered Mab a slight bow. "Its good to see you here, Queen of Winter. I hear it's been a while since you took to these events outside your home." While his pride as a fellow ruler kept him from bowing too low, he made ensure to keep Vulpesen's back nearly parallel to the ground with his introduction, handling the poor man like a ragdoll before the fae.

If this keeps up, I'm going to trip the nearest waiter into your brother,
Vulpesen growled through his mental link to Varos. "A pleasure to meet you all. I'm Vulpesen, warlock to Varos, the lord of Secrets." Outwardly, he managed to keep his voice level and polite, something which was easier to do as Wulren's weight lifted off his back, allowing him to straighten up. Oddly enough, he couldn't help but remember that between the pair of them, his education on courtly routine had likely been far more extensive given his heritage. "Currently in the company of Wulren, the Vitae Lord of War," he continued, introducing the brash fae who had decided to skip his own hello's to the conversation he had arrived at.

Aster Tiernan Baenon Mab

• Sip
“No need for all that, Baenon.”

"I assure you, there is," Baen replied with a light sniff. Some people might forget about propriety around their leaders but he would never be one of them. Know your place.

“I missed you both at the delivery of the Futures, however lovely it was to see Lord Kor Aren in your stead”

“I am very happy that Baenon agreed to accompany me. I did not feel like stumbling around the room like a fool without my seeing eye dog.”

Baenon narrowed his eyes in mild annoyance...

“Just some water, please, Baen.”

...and took this opportunity to make a hasty retreat from the talk about frivolous things like dresses and fashion but not before...

A bad time, perhaps, for a panicked little bird to flit through and take a terrified crap in @Baenon's hair.

Baenon froze, dark eyes wide and twitching before immediately flickering upward to the flash of retreating birds above. A hushed swear fell from his lips -

"Looks like you'll need to ask our host where he keeps the baths, my friend. You'll likely need them,"

-and a silent, disdainful sneer shifted in Wulren's direction. The black shuck did not stick around to see what the goss with Wulren or Midir and his little blond friend was about. Baenon would have rather suffered through Mab and Aster's girl talk than Wulren's idiotic guffawing. Bristled, he stalked off toward the tables of refreshments, shivering briefly into a haze of black smoke quick enough not to be seen. The bird shit hissed as his shade form burned it away, leaving his hair clean once more upon shifting back.

• Yay
Reactions: Spectral Omens
Perfectly content to take a mental load off, Asemir paid no further mind to the drama over at his brother's table and instead maintained his attentions on the conversation unraveling between Mab and Aster.

“I missed you both at the delivery of the Futures, however lovely it was to see Lord Kor Aren in your stead”

This earned a look from him - lovely was not a term he would have used to describe their initial meeting for the delivery of the Futures. Nor even the dinner that followed later that evening. Both of them had been walking on eggshells and it had been nothing short of painfully awkward. Asemir did not comment.

“I have been fine. I was very sad to miss you this year, Queen Mab. Baen is terrible conversation when it comes to fashion so I do hope we have some time to speak of such frivolity this evening.” She chuckled softly before speaking again. “I can only assume that Lord Kor Aren is equally as terrible as Baen in that department.”

"You know what they say about assuming things, Aster," Asemir lofted a brow at the woman, not that she could see, "but I admit I'm not well-learned on dresses. Can't remember the last time I was fitted for one..." smirking, he took another drink, eyes drifting to Aster's date for the evening.

Baenon, a man of few but concise words, had little to add to their teasing - just like him to dip away from social poking, but not without a reprimand from the fates.

Bird shit. Asemir winced and hid his smirk of amusement behind a drink from his glass.

"Brother, Mab. I'd like you to meet someone. I believe you know his mother. Oh... what was her name again... Marina,"

Twisting in his seat to look up at his brother (a direction he did not often have to look in to do so), Asemir raised his brows and narrowed his eyes at the devilish look on Midir's face. The ghost of mild confusion, followed shortly by bewilderment as the younger fae stepped into view, and then one of the Vitae Lords and his pet showed up to make introductions.

What... was going on. It was like they were getting swarmed all at once. Perhaps he should have made Mab wear a veil over her face so things like this wouldn't happen. The Winter Queen out of her Court. Of course. Asemir quickly determined he did not need to be at all involved in whatever was going on conversationally between Mab and Vitae and instead turned his attention back to Midir and the disgruntled boy.

He peered at him, eyes flickering between the two, "Marina ... my apologies but I cannot recall?" Why was there such an ungodly familiarity in this stranger's face, "It's hard to keep track of every face I meet. Remind me which Court she's from?"

Ameris stood, slightly seething, as Midir bowed to the man who looked just like himself and Queen Mab. The Erlking stepped aside and to reveal Ameris and the younger duanann glared at Asemir. He remained silent though – a difficult feat.

"Marina ... my apologies but I cannot recall? It's hard to keep track of every face I meet. Remind me which Court she's from?"

It was those words that broke Ameris’ slim composure. “Summer,” Ameris growled out at this man…Asemir…his real father. He reached into his pocket and took out an old, folded piece of parchment. He threw it on the table in front of Asemir and sneered. “Read it…now!” His tone was commanding and, under normal circumstances, Ameris would never speak to a king in such a manner. These were not normal circumstances though.

Once Asemir picked up the letter, he would read:

My dearest Ameris,

If you are reading this then I have departed this life. I hope you do not hate me once you are done with this letter. The man who raised you was not your biological father. I know now that I am gone, you have no family left. I do not want you to live that way. I want you to find the other side your family and finally be happy, my son. I, also, want you know understand that your real father does not know you exist so do not blame him. Remember, I love you so much and I am so very sorry for never telling you. Asemir, Lord Kor Aren and Uncle to Queen Titania, is your real father.

With my eternal love,

Marina Vonnlyn

Asemir Midir

Lord of secrets…interesting, Shaileigh thought as Varos explained why she may not have heard of him and his brothers. “I am glad to see that you have reentered society then and I hope that it is not too much work to get your names back out there.” She smiled at him sweetly before taking a drink of her wine.

Her eyes wandered back to Nairth as he spoke with the mysterious woman. Normally she would be a little jealous of the beautiful woman, but she trusted her King after his words to her earlier.

Shaileigh spoke to Varos again, “what exactly does the Lord of Secrets do? Spying and the like?” Her eyes drifted back to the male that she was conversing with.

The Brothers Vitae

• Sip
Midir shooed off one of the less important fae and took their seat next to Mab. He leant across the table to pick up a bottle which had been left there for the guests to fill their own glasses, and after a small quirk of the brow, topped up the Winter Queen's glass and his own. Then he leaned in close and murmured low in the woman's ear as his brother read the note.

"You're going to need wine for this," they all were.

Asemir would probably need something a lot stronger.

• Sip