Fae Courts The Spring's Rebirth (Coronation)

Threads open to all members of the Fae Courts group
proxy.php
It was exceptionally unlike the Lady Mirlorne to be late to any appointment, but she arrived at only a few breaths before the King began his address. Quiet as she was want to be, Eske lingered off to the side of the seating area, watching and listening as Nairth San'seya addressed what was to be his new Court and his new allies. Though see into the future she could, the High Omnia could no sooner know what words he might speak than she could what thoughts he kept in his mind. Such things were never absolutes in any vision.

She was pleased with what she found today to be the unfurling of Spring's new direction; a new home crafted by none other than the King himself, and a new purpose to elevate his court. Good things would come of this, she knew, but there also existed potential for a great deal of loss and sacrifice. Time would tell what paths King Nairth would choose.

When his words ended and the celebrations recommenced, Eske calmly made her way through the crowds, to the steps that would lead her to the dais upon which the King reclined and watched the proceedings. Tall, regal, and with the elegance of a weeping willow gently swaying in the breeze, the Lady ascended the stairs barefoot while carefully clutching the lengths of her plain white gown. Her adornments were few: a large pearl brooch fastened at the center of the low cut of her neckline and a simple diadem of silver shaped like braided roots encircled her crown. Over her shoulders a cloak the color of blue waters, and from beneath the hood impossibly long and gleaming hair of pale gold fell in perfect wavelets, near touching her ankles.

She glowed faintly in the reflected light of the sun, engendering a warmth and radiance befit of a rising Queen. Today there were two new leaders at this coronation, but only one would be announced.

"King Nairth," Eske offered softly upon arrival, granting the man a bow of her head before setting upon him the only thing about her he might find familiar aside from the voice - her eyes of verdant green forests, "the crown sits well upon your head. I am pleased to see it."

Last edited:
  • Sip
Reactions: Mab
There was a very clear circle of empty chairs that surrounded Midir. Reputation ran far ahead of the Autumn King and often it meant a lonely life especially at functions beyond his native home. He didn't particularly mind. Idle talk about the crops or how long winter had gone on this year were dull and dreary topics of conversation he would rather not have to listen or partake in. However, it was always a pleasant surprise when someone he didn't mind talking to was at the same event as he and that they wanted to talk. His lips quirked upwards into a small smile as Isiell approached.

"I would be honoured" he swept a hand to his right though of course she had the free pick of all those seats around him. It was merely habit to seat someone he liked to his right in a place of honour for any King. Any further small talk would have to wait, however, for the new King decided to finally grace them all with his presence.

Fae would be watching not only the man on stage but the other rulers gathered here today. Their reactions would be a sign of things to come and fae liked to get ahead of the politics as much as they could. Any one of the Kings or Queens here today could at the drop of a hat send half the world into chaos to the delight or detriment of the others. So Midir kept his face neutral. He suspected some of those words were meant to be a dig but they rolled off him like water off a ducks back. The Erlking and a few trusted advisors were the only ones who knew his true motives for how he governed his Court and it had to stay that way to do the job Autumn always did: keep the balance.

"Our new King does quite like the sound of his own voice, doesn't he?" Midir mused when the Spring youth stepped off to drink and mingle. His own coronation had been far less genteel; the crown had still been dripping with the blood of the Old Man as he set it on his blonde head. There had been little chance for flowery speeches. He turned to Isiell and draped one long leg over the other, practically dismissing the whole affair now.

"You know him, don't you?"

• Cthuloo
  • Sip
Reactions: Mab and Asemir
Ameris had been planning this little surprise for a few weeks now. He had heard about the Spring Court Coronation and taken the chance that he would find the great Asemir in attendance. Ameris, never one to show up empty handed, discarded the now empty wine bottle that he had been holding. It was the thought that counted, right? He was going to bring some wine and then he got thirsty on his way over.

The tall duanann had slipped into the coronation while the new King was speaking. His pale blue eyes scanning the crowd for the man who was to blame for how wrong his life had gone. He had only seen a few portraits of the man, his father, and they had all been quite old. Thankfully for him, the fae did not show age like the mortals and he would have no issue picking out a tall, platinum blond male. Really, Ameris had realized, he just needed to look for himself because he had gotten his looks from Asemir. Tall, broad, and gorgeous. He knew it too. He had no doubts about the one thing his father had done right.

Ameris had grabbed a glass of wine and downed it in a single gulp. He needed something stronger, but if he drank enough wine then it would do the trick. His eyes fell on a man that fit the description of daddy dearest and he immediately dismissed him. Asemir had not had scars in any of the portraits. Surely, that would have been something that someone would have mentioned during his search. His eyes continued their search and they narrowed when they found the only other option. He was sitting in a relatively empty area with only one female fae sitting near him. Perfect, he thought and started in that direction.

Ameris came to stand in front of the cross-legged male and, if he had not been drunk, he may have noticed that eyes looking back at him were green. He was drunk though and that meant he did not pay attention to such important details. He slammed his hand down into the goblet in the fae's hand and smiled as it hit the ground with a clink. He did not leave any chances for words to be spoken before he began to growl out words.

"I am so glad to see that you're enjoying yourself! All the suffering you've caused me, my mother, my friends and now you just sit here like everything is right in your little world!"

Midir Asemir

Resolute to protect his little sister, Cas swore to himself that he wouldn’t leave Astrid’s side under any circumstance unless it involved Dia needing help. And, even if they were technically working, one drink wouldn’t matter, would it? Well, at the very least, Astrid could have that drink. Cas would be sober for this, after all, he didn’t need to forget his troubles about Jago this time.

Here, Astrid,” Casimir said, grabbing a flute of white sparkling wine and handing it to his little sister. “Have this. Ooh! I think the King is about to begin his speech.” With bated breath, the gentle cwn annwn listened eagerly to every word that fell from King narith’s mouth, and while his face was excited, it started to fall ever so slightly. He looked around, worried about how the other leaders here today would take this sort of news. Cas couldn’t imagine that everyone would be upset, but regardless, there were serious implications with this. Oh goodness, maybe he needed a drink too?

That was interesting, wasn’t it, sister?” Cas mumbled, looking down at his shoes for a moment before looking back at his sister, his pale eyes showcasing all the worry he felt. “Hey… where’s… where’s Dia?” He asked suddenly, whipping his head back and forth to the left and right.

Astrid Bielke

• Sip
Dianthe had sipped her drink, carefully this time. No Asemir to push her glass this time. He was occupied with the woman he had brought. She had made a fool of herself last time, and she was loathe to do it again.

She turned her gaze to Midir briefly, after all she had thrown herself at him like an idiot. Though the alcohol had been a good part of it, it still left a bitter taste in her mouth. He had company, and she was hesitant to join him anyways.

Not long after her internal thoughts wandered, the one they had been waiting for began to speak. She watched and listened to him intently. She found herself agreeing with him, his words resonating with her own passion for nature.

After it he was finished speaking, she studied the new Spring Court King. "Nairth." She mused to herself. She found him worth meeting, their ideals too lined up to ignore.

She went to approach him, though another had a similar idea. Another fae she did not know. Still, she'd wait her turn to address the new king.

Nairth San'Seya Eske

• Sip
  • Popcorn
Reactions: Sivan and Mab
"Simmywhatnow?..." she asked, her lips twitching in amusement, clearly trying her very best not to laugh at him.

Leon sighed heavily and looked down at Alynthi, "Simyeoleonolas. It is awful and that is why I go by Leon." He prayed she would never use it, but he knew she would. It would happen at some point in this year.

"Males. How silly of him to assume that I am his anything." she chuckled and reached a hand out to take hers. "I answer to Alynthi Farrow."

Leon closed his eyes and breathed in deep. "That is not what I meant and you know it, Alynthi. Would it be more appropriate to say that I am your keeper?" He narrowed his eyes at her. He also did not like that term. Keeper. He took a long drink from his wine and gave his ward a tight lipped smile.

His thoughts were interrupted when the new King of Spring started to speak. Nature, yada yada, preservation, yada yada, complacent, yada yada. He had stopped listening about halfway through, but he watched Shaileigh who listened with a smile on her face. Of course, Shaileigh cared about this stuff, she had joined the court after all. Leon stayed quiet and acted like he cared for his sisters sake.

Alynthi

• Sip
If there was one small thing Isiell was grateful her parents had done, it was drilling her in the manners and etiquette of the fae courts, but most especially of the rulers.

Even if she often chose to ignore it, it meant she didn't miss the small gesture of favoritism that Midir offered when he indicated for her to take the seat to the right of him.

Isiell did so with a smile, and a languorous sip at her wine. She was about to speak and start up some sort of conversation, but then Nairth was approaching the dais. When his gaze landed on her, Isiell gave him a soft smile.

His speech was... interesting, and she did take advantage of the small murmurs of discontent and confusion at some parts, sifting the chaos off the crowd. It calmed them, for Nairth's sake, and for her own, it temporarily dated her need for something a little less... polite.

"Our new King does quite like the sound of his own voice, doesn't he?" Midir mused when the Spring youth stepped off to drink and mingle... He turned to Isiell and draped one long leg over the other, practically dismissing the whole affair now.

"You know him, don't you?"

"So it seems," Isiell laughed softly, turning to face Midir. "If a bit naive, to so quickly declare that the politics of the day are done. This is my first coronation and even I know how foolish a statement that is."

She took a long sip of her wine, pondering how to answer Midir's next question.

"Only a little better than I know you," she said at last. "I met him at the solstice ball and-"

Her voice cut off then as she noticed the approach of another fae male. Her lips curled into a devious smile at the chaos that suddenly swirled around them.

"Oh, this will be fun," she murmured, taking another sip of her wine.

He slammed his hand down into the goblet in the fae's hand and smiled as it hit the ground with a clink. He did not leave any chances for words to be spoken before he began to growl out words.

"I am so glad to see that you're enjoying yourself! All the suffering you've caused me, my mother, my friends and now you just sit here like everything is right in your little world!"

Isiell scowled lightly as Midir's wine goblet was thrown to the ground, tugging her skirt out of the way of the splash.

Her eyes narrowed, and she began to pluck at the air with her fingers and her magic. Chaos she didn't mind, but if this strange fellow was going to actually cause any harm, she had no qualms about intervening.

Midir Asemir Ameris

• Cthuloo
  • Sip
Reactions: Midir and Mab
SMASH.

Midir's lips pursed together as he looked down at the assortment of wine and glass at his feet. The liquor had splashed and stained his cream breeches across the thighs as well as down the front of his braided jacket. He couldn't quite decide what he was more annoyed at; the loss of his wine or the headache he was going to get from his Valet when he came back with stains. If a head was going to roll for it, it wasn't going to be the Erlkings. Very slowly, he looked from the mess in front of him up at the child who had caused it in the first place. The proverbial head that would roll. There was something... familiar about him but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. Though it certainly wasn't because he knew the child, nor had he done the child any harm yet that he was aware of and whilst Midir was a cold man who would slit a babes throat and throw it to the wolves on a Monday morning over coffee, he did take the time to commit faces of those who might want him dead to memory. It was a very long list.

The air around the three suddenly begun to get a lot thinner and a lot colder. The power that thrummed beneath his skin was usually skilfully hidden but he let a tiny little part show now and it was enough to make some of the lesser fae nearby tremble and make excused to be elsewhere. To the naked eye however, the Erlking was the perfect picture of calm as he reached into his breast pocket and pulled out his pocket square to dab at the stain on his thigh.

"I don't believe I have ever had the pleasure of meeting your mother, nor your friends, boy," that voice was darkness personified and nightmares lurked between each word. "Perhaps we should start with introductions instead of accusations. I would have hoped your mother, whomever she is, would have told you how to properly introduce yourself to the Erlking?" he quirked a brow when he finally come to look the lad in the eyes.

• Popcorn
  • Devil
Reactions: Isiell and Mab
As was the typical setting for any social gathering, Baenon did not want to be here. He'd not planned on attending the Coronation, even at the behest and extended invitation from Asemir who had planned on sending him with Ceilidh Trahan as her date for the evening. Ceilidh didn't want to go even more than Baen didn't. Shocking.

So the black shuck settled into an evening of tea, solitude, and the latest book on the Historical Relevance of Runic Hexes and their Masters. His home was cozy with the crackle and dancing light of the fireplace, his tea was hot and steeping, and his usual spot of several hides and blankets on the floor before the fire was comfortable as ever. He'd just opened the book to the mark, affixed his reading glasses over the bridge of his nose, and settled in contently when -

Knock knock knock.

She
arrived.

He smelled her even before she announce herself and found a curious boiling of his blood at the interruption of what would have been a perfectly uneventful, quiet evening. Baenon was hard-pressed to be upset at the surprise, given their usual week-long dalliance had been summarily cancelled without prompt. Why was she here? Why now?

Well, naturally, the Lady Fae wished to attend the Coronation.

"Absolutely not," had been his flat answer to her upon inviting her in to his small, clean, simple home.

"But I'm all dressed up, Baen. You don't want to disappoint me, do you? I look so pretty."

The shuck had openly eyed her ensemble when she stepped in, thinking it looked far too fancy for a simple calling visit. She did look pretty, yes, but he wasn't one to toss out compliments when they'd already been spoken. He'd stared at her in simmering silence, his expression drawn flat despite the fact that she couldn't see it. Then she'd leaned in toward him, causing his eyes to narrow and his posture to stiffen, and whispered something low. His answer had been flat and equally faint.

"I can fly home," she responded, leaning away again.

Baen's brow furrowed even more in apparent disgust, "Curse your logic."

"Come on," the woman offered a gloved hand, "we will be late."

And late they were. They arrived just at the tail end of the new King's speech. Thank the moons, Baenon thought, he didn't have to listen to that monumentally insipid prattle. He'd decided not to go overtly formal for the event, but dressed in his finer ceremonial armor as a representative of the Wild Hunt. The new Spring Court capital was a sight to behold ... to someone else. Baen's nose wrinkled at the grandeur of it. Opulence, what a waste.

"Here," he said to the woman on his right arm as he dutifully removed his glove from the adjoining hand, one finger at a time, "have a look at the new Spring Court."

Aster Tiernan

Last edited:
  • Sip
Aster had been to Baenon’s house enough times to know her way around it almost as well as hers. She was thankful that he preferred clean and simple like she did. He always made a point to let her know if anything had changed in the house as well. She was not sure if it was for her benefit or the simple fact that he did not want her to break anything of his. She suspected the latter.

She knew how to get Baen to do what she wanted and she had used it against him. Aster had zero qualms about bribing him. It was all in good fun, of course. Well…as long as he agreed to do what she wanted.

She had felt his outfit before they left and she knew immediately that he was in his ceremonial armor. She smiled wryly knowing that they were most likely matching right now. Her governess knew what the armor looked like and had picked out a long, soft dress that complimented it. She was a little sad that she would most likely have to have a new one made after this evening. Worth it.

Aster held onto Baen’s arm as they entered the coronation. She was grateful that the crowd was mostly silent as they listened to the new King. She hated showing up to places and immediately getting bombarded by all the voices. She liked being on Baen’s arm and she liked the soft growl that would pass through his body if someone got too close to removing her from his side. She would never let him know that though. They were a strange pair with an even stranger relationship that she certainly did not understand most days. Whatever it was, it worked.

The black haired duanann felt Baen start to remove his glove and she reached up to do the same with hers. Once she had removed it, she slowly slid her hand down his arm until her fingers intertwined with his. Immediately, she was looking through his eyes. She always liked when her power worked how and when she wanted it to.

Aster looked around the room and her lip curled a little. Too much was going on. It was definitely not her taste and she was not even going to try to navigate by herself. Too many people. Too many chairs. Too many tables. It was beautiful though; she could appreciate the splendor of the palace. Her usually sightless eyes traveled around the gathered people and she smiled when she saw her High Omnia, Eske. She also saw Asemir and Mab among the guests. The Omnia was immediately curious why Mab had left her Court after all these years. She saw the Erlking with a lady and a tall blond that looked angry.

She unlocked her fingers from Baen’s and slipped her glove back on before returning her hand to his arm. “Thank you,” she said softly to her escort. “And thank you for coming with me. I know you hate it already and it makes me smile knowing how uncomfortable you are.” She rested her head against his arm for a moment. She knew full well that he would pay her back for this. It was a weird relationship they had.

Baenon

• Wonder
Shaileigh reached out her hand and took Alynthi’s in greeting. “It is a pleasure to meet you, Alynthi. Males are definitely not the brightest ones.” She laughed and brought her hand back to her side once Alynthi had withdrew her own.

The redhead raised an eyebrow at her brother as he got slightly terse with his companion and she turned away to give them some semblance of privacy. Once Nairth started speaking, she smiled and listened with all her attention. She had heard the speech a few times as he was working on it so she knew what he was going to say. She listened like it was the first time, nonetheless.

He was wise and he was correct. She was even guilty of filling her life with parties and drinking. Now it was time for her to do something for the earth. Once he had finished speaking, she followed him as he moved to greet his guests. Two women made a beeline for him and she chuckled. She was not surprised at all.

Shaileigh finally turned back to her brother and Alynthi, “if you will excuse me, I am going to go welcome guests to the Spring Court and make sure everyone is having a good time.” She smiled at both of them and disappeared into the crowd. She would visit with the King in a little bit or after the guests had departed. She was the one who lived there after all.

Alynthi

• Sip
His mumbled mmms and his thin argument delighted her a little too much. Teasing Asemir had always been about as much fun as sleeping with him.

Almost. As she wouldn't be having a one again, she would take small delights in tormenting him with the other.

Mab made no counters to his protest, but she did give him a rather scathing look when he diverted her question playfully. Queen of the Grapevine was a fair sobriquet; there had, after all, been far worse flung in her direction like pigshit from the hands of peasants. When he finally conceded an answer, it was pointed to his Court’s Omnia.

“I would hope you do,” she laughed. She couldn’t even be frustrated with him. He had played her game right into his own hand. Very typical of Asemir, knowing what she wanted and giving it to her in a way that still managed to frustrate her. Payback for teasing him about his brother, perhaps. She conceded him the victory this time.

Any further discussion would have to wait. Mab was grateful she’d snagged a drink, standing arm-in-arm with Asemir to welcome the new King of Spring. She’d had the privilege of rubbing elbows with Nairth plenty; as Oberon’s chamberlain, he’d been shackled with more and more duties as he became established in the role. While he had commanded fear and respect borne of his relationship with Titania and his devious wit, Oberon had also been silly and lazy.

There was much to be said about Nairth’s speech, but any fae worth their salt knew not to trust words alone. Their kind, especially the sorts that became Kings and Queens, played words like a clever game. Mab figured he’d make his intentions known in actions soon enough.

Nevertheless, her gaze traveled curiously toward Midir, wondering at the implications of such a speech for their Erlking. Was this cooperative? Or was this challenging Midir’s checks and balances?

Questions, questions. She had watching and listening to do. She had ears and tongues to ply. Perhaps she had been too comfortable these past few years.

Asemir’s single, drawn syllable summarized his response perfectly. The look Mab turned to give him said just as much, her eyes alight with the promise of the Game's chase, one brow arching toward her hairline, and a very subtle smirk defining the corner of her darkened lips. She would save her full remarks on that speech later on this evening; it would appear uncouth to immediately turn and whisper in Asemir’s ear.

She nodded and allowed him to guide her to her seat, sweeping her skirts aside and sitting regally. Her royal derriere had only just graced the seat when someone raised their voice. When Asemir had raised his voice in anger.

Mab felt a queer shiver run down her spine and her heart wrenched in her chest. Her eyes darted swiftly toward the commotion with an uncharacteristic look of alarm. She turned to see Asemir yelling at Midir.

Except that wasn’t Asemir. Asemir was standing right beside her. As the Erlking addressed the other with a coolness that she recognized as dangerous, dangerous, Mab’s gaze very slowly slid up to the Asemir still standing beside her.

The air prickled strangely. Mab fought to school her expression away from its current one -- anything else was better than looking and feeling like she’d felt the last time she’d heard Asemir speak like that. Her sharp, pale features abandoned their previous humors and slid into the cool, familiar mask of the Queen aloof as she watched Asemir carefully.

“Do you know him?” she asked Asemir quietly, almost reluctantly. This was not the sort of surprise turn of events she liked.

• Thoughtful
  • Popcorn
Reactions: Asemir and Sivan
Baen squinted dourly into the glamorous scene before him as he felt the woman's power invade his sight, casting the faint haze of the ley over his gaze. Her use of his eyes had become second nature after so many years, but it hadn't always been that way. With a squeeze of his fist on his off-hand, Baen forcefully kept his mind from thoughts of the very first time she'd made skin contact and the explosion of rage it had incited in him. He focused instead on a very poor, unsuspecting, and innocent victim of his petulant glare somewhere off through the crowd.

Casimir Bielke

What the fuck was the cwn doing here?

“Thank you."

Baen issued a low growl of distaste in response, his eyes trained on Cas.

"And thank you for coming with me. I know you hate it already and it makes me smile knowing how uncomfortable you are.”

The shuck glanced at the woman on his arm, lip ticking over a surge of resentment. No, not even Aster was immune to his foul mood, she just happened to be the only person who liked it. With a sharp indignant sniff, Baen took his loose glove and neatly folded it into his belt under his half cloak. He'd not be bothered to continuously take if off throughout the night so Aster could experience the sight of things - they were here at her behest, so he'd suffer through it willingly because he was a Nice Guy.

"I believe our seats are with Mab and Asemir," he opted to ignore her comment entirely and instead shifted to lead her through the crowds and tables, one hand guiding her by the arm while the other pressed at the small of her back, "you can do all the talking."

He would do all the glaring.

"I don't believe I have ever had the pleasure of meeting your mother, nor your friends, boy. Perhaps we should start with introductions instead of accusations. I would have hoped your mother, whomever she is, would have told you how to properly introduce yourself to the Erlking?"

Ameris felt the dark power surrounding him as the air grew colder. His own rage seeped out of him and pushed back against the cold. His focus clarifying the world through his drunk haze and several things clicked into place at the same time. First, the man glaring up at him had green eyes and not eyes that matched his own. Second, Ameris was not the Erlking. Fuck.

Ameris just stood there in silence as his brain calculated the facts he had at his disposal. He had fucked up. He had fucked up bad and he was not sure what was about to happen to him. He was torn between admitting his mistake and just going with it.

Double down. His information could have been wrong and this could be his father. His power withdrew back into him and he narrowed his eyes at the Erlking - who was maybe his father.

"My mother's name was Marina and she was from the Summer Court. I am the Queens cousin and she banished me from the only home I have known because of you..."

He was seething now and he wanted to strangle the very intimidating man before him.

"She gave me these," he turned his face to the right to show his left side. One scar ran from his forehead down to his jaw and the other from his chin to the top of his lip. "Because she hates you after I served her loyally..."

Midir Asemir

Last edited:
Leon closed his eyes and breathed in deep. "That is not what I meant and you know it, Alynthi. Would it be more appropriate to say that I am your keeper?" He narrowed his eyes at her. He also did not like that term. Keeper. He took a long drink from his wine and gave his ward a tight lipped smile.

The smile she wore faltered, her lips pressing into a thin line as Leon scolded her, and she was unable to hold his gaze as his eyes narrowed into a glare. Her head dipped and she swallowed as she forced a silent smile to Shaleigh before she turned away.

Her jaw remained defiantly tight, a muscle feathering as she fought the urge to let some retort escape through her clenched teeth, but she refrained.

Her keeper....

She'd crossed a line with her little remark it seemed, and right away he'd chosen to remind her of her place and his authority. She'd come from the night court, after all, she was used to such things, but not from him. Aly held a little less tightly to his arm as she listened to the King make his speech, as she let her gaze settle on every female in the crowd, envious of how free they all were. Or at least, how free they seemed.

• Sip
  • Stressed
Reactions: Leon Ilayda and Mab
Leon immediately saw that he had upset her and he cursed himself for it. He tried so hard to hold his resolve when it came to Alynthi and she had just needled him too far this time. He did not ever want her to compare him to the males in the Night Court and that is what she had essentially done in front of his sister. She knew that he would never try to control her and it hurt him when she had made her snarky comment.

When her arm loosened on his, Leon's hurt broke slightly. He had hurt her and he felt terrible. He bent down and placed a soft kiss on her temple. "Alythni, I am so sorry. I did not mean to snap at you..." His voice was soft as he spoke against her hair. He pulled back and turned so they were facing each other. He lifted her chin gently and looked into her lavender eyes. "I never want you to think that I am in charge of you. I know full well that it is the other way around. Please forgive me. I will introduce myself as your whatever you want from now on."

He was not sure why this little spitfire messed with his emotions so much. He was the one who manipulated people and he was the one who was manipulated everyday by Alynthi.

Alynthi

• Cthuloo
  • Sip
Reactions: Alynthi and Mab
The minutes after Nairth concluded his speech were somewhat nerve-wracking for the newly crowned monarch; if any of his peers were to decide they wished to challenge his authority, to call the legitimacy of his rule into question, now would be the optimal time to rise from their seat to do so. It wasn't that the San'Seya feared such an outcome, rather it was the possibility that he would alienate those he'd seen as potential allies, those he cared for. His eyes flicked across the faces of Isiell, the Vitae, and Shaileigh. It seemed as though hours had passed, but he knew that it was likely only the span of a minute or two before he realized there would be no challenge.

A long sigh of relief escaped his lungs, one he hadn't realized he'd been holding in. In truth, that would be the most difficult part of today's festivities. Now that it was over, Nairth only needed to mingle and endear himself to those willing to entertain his company. He was the Fae of the hour, after all. They would at least show him the respect of being his guests. To disrespect him now would be seen as an act of blatant aggression: a dangerous game.

Indeed a woman already approached his throne, bare feet silent against the steps of the dias, the plainness of her white gown contrasting with the beautiful cerulean cloak that failed to contain the long waves of flaxen locks that spilled from the crown she wore above her head. It was a simple attire, betraying the elegance that exuded from every pore on her skin. Slowly the King brought his hand underneath his chin, gloden eyes roaming her form. Who was the lovely being who approached him?

It was when she spoke that he knew, a voice that drifted through the air like the pleasant scent of a flowerbed. Her words tickled his ears like the playful tease of a lover like only one he'd ever known. "Eske..." San'Seya hummed as a smile grew on his lips. It pleased him to know that she'd arrived after all. She had given him her word, of course, that she would be present. "You look quite ravishing yourself. I see that I am not the only one experiencing a chance in their life...." His eyes flicked briefly to the crown upon her head. That was certainly new.

That gaze of her eyes, the memories it brought him of the Hunt Festival... he fought back a chuckle. "Truly, it is an honor to have you in attendance today, noble Omnia. Did you enjoy the address? What do you think of Grovehaven Castle?" The King trusted such a place would be to Eske's liking. "It wouldn't be the same here without you."

As Nairth spoke, another woman ascended the Dias. This one San'Seya recognized but did not know personally. Yes, he'd seen her flirting with The Erlking at the previous festival, lost in spirits and red in the face. She looked much more timid without a belly full of drink. A polite smile graced his lips, feather-light. "And you, Miss? I don't believe I've had the pleasure." She was surrounded by the energy of life, just as Eske was, but it was... different somehow.

A commotion was rumbling behind the two women, some pale-haired man seemed to be squaring up to Midir. Nairth's gaze would narrow, his hand raising to reach between the two ladies. "Excuse me just one moment."

The earthen ground beneath Ameris' feet would sprout roots, oaken tendrils that wrap around the Fae's ankles and pull back to throw him off his balance. If he wished to be a child in Nairth's presence, the King of Spring would make him feel like a child, with his face in the dirt.

"Now, where were we?"

Last edited:
Aster loved his growls as much as she loved messing with him. It brought her great joy as he grew grumpier with every passing minute. As Baen pressed his hand to the small of her back, she smiled in his direction. He may have acted like he hated being her guide, but he was very good at it. He had many years of practice and she was convinced that he secretly liked it.

“Of course, Baen, how dare someone make you speak without giving you a treat after.” Aster chuckled at her own joke. He was her grumpy puppy. They made their way over to the table that held Queen Mab and Asemir. She had seen that Mab was already sitting by the time she had looked around the room, but Ase was still standing. She assumed he was now in the process of sitting as well.

As they approached the table and Baen guided her to a seat, she looked in the direction of the queen – she hoped. “Queen Mab, you look beautiful as usual.” She spoke with a smile. Mab and Asemir were two of the few people who knew about her using Baen’s eyes. “Lord Kor Aren, it is nice to see you outside of the court.” And with Mab, is what she did not speak out loud. She did not want to cross any lines with these two.

Her ears caught the sound of a raised voice and turned her head in the direction of the sound. She could not see the problem, but she could tell that he was pissed off and going after the Erlking. "What is happening?" She was already reaching to pull her glove off in case she needed to take Baen's hand quickly.

• Wonder
As Tharu left to attend to his own business, Vulpesen found himself floundering slightly in the face of the event's enormity. However, a strong hand clapped on his shoulder, followed by a growling voice. "Come on, pup. You're with me." Before he could even think to deny it, he found himself half guided half carried away by Wulren's strong grip. "Varos, I'm taking your warlock. Stars know I'll need someone to grab me a drink while I'm here."

The Zorren's eyes widened as he looked back to his master, rather hoping to see him raise some sort of objection... no such luck. It wasn't that he didn't like or trust the lord of war... but the hulking fae's brashness seemed to set off every alarm his senses had for trouble, and when you were a mortal in a hall filled with beings that you had been worshipping as gods, trouble was the last thing you wanted. So, no help here? If I get vaporized or turned into a rose, I'm blaming you.

• Sip
"Have fun, brother. Try to keep him in one piece," Varos replied, watching as Vulpesen disappeared into the crowd. I'm sure you'll be fine. Just try not to piss anyone off and if Wulren does so, then make yourself look small. He'll take their attention soon enough. Confident in his contractor's safety, the master of secrets simply walked into the crowd, slipping between the people like water and snatching himself a drink on the way. So many people to meet. Surely there would be someone here that would be worth his time.

"Well," Rerreno sighed, looking around his siblings departed, "I suppose I have some time to enjoy myself." Straightening his suit, he started out towards the springs, interested to see just what Nairth had created for his new kingdom. If he met someone for conversation, it would be all the better, but frankly, dealing with the masters of secrets and war could often lead to a headache that he would be glad to be rid of. Perhaps later he would help teach Vulpesen the finer points of diplomacy, but for now, he simply looked forward to some peace and quiet.

• Sip
The actual coronation and likely speech with it were over by the time Quacey set foot in the new capital of the Spring Court. It was far from his home in the Spine and so had taken time for him to get to. Other had to travel further and had arrived perfectly on time.

But that was not why he was late.

Quacey was still feeling the effects of that night. That night the Twins high in the sky decided to bless, or perhaps curse, him with that awful experience. His knuckles were still bruised and cut. His hair was more messy than usual, although his beard was trimmed and proper. And dark bags were still under his eyes from what little restless sleep he could find.

Despite it though he had made it to the party following the coronation. Dressed properly, although in likely in a rather older fashion by this point, for such an event in that mix of silvery gray and pear blossom white his mother had always enjoyed putting him in as a child. A tiny detail to honor her this day.

As he entered he got a feel for the event. Already there was much tension and most of it not coming from the fae who was being assaulted by roots in front of the Erlking. No doubt Nairth's doing. Just accepted the crown and already he had a potential political disaster on his hands. As outwardly dramatic was that scene was, there was much more subtle moments seeming to be happening all over the party. Each group of guests just seemed to be having an emotional moment.

Quacey couldn't handle one of those right now. Not while he was all to fragile from the massive one he had just left at home.

So the Lord of Twinhome decided it would be best to just get some food and wait for his chance to speak with Nairth. Once that was done he could leave. He needed to be more social. That was something he had come to realize recently. But not right now. Not while he was likely to make things worse.

And off to find the nearest sources of vittles he went.

Reserved she was, even with the many compliments from the new King of the Spring Court, Eske dipped her head with a smile that was warm and glad to hear them. Nairth was quick with his charms and skilled with his words, she did not doubt that he caught many a Court Lady blushing with them. Yet there was an honesty there behind the gleam of attentions presented and it was that alone that she held dear.

New Kings had all the reason to make new friends and keep those who had come before their crowns. When it involved other Kings and Queens, though, it complicated matters. Her new crown complicated matters, but now was not the time to dwell on these things.

"Bold and honest," she responded in kind to his query about his address, "words to stand by in your coming days. Hold strong to them, dear King, and they will become an unshakable foundation for your rule."

He asked after Grovehaven as well, but before she was able to speak on it another had arrived just behind her. Seemed there would be a line of patrons for the new King, Eske meant not to keep him from his Courtiers or guests.

"It wouldn't be the same here without you."

"You are kind," Eske replied, her gaze and her words dwindling in the wake of a rising commotion back in the dining area. She gave the awaiting Dianthe Cyrene a wane smile, inviting the Lady forward with a gentle sway of her hand so as not to seem that she was holding her off from introductions.

"Now, where were we?"

"I would like to inquire after the resting place of the late King Oberon," Eske returned her gaze to Nairth, unsmiling, "I wish to pay my respects. My time abroad from Mirlorne is, most unfortunately, limited."

Last edited:
Dianthe remained quiet as Ekse and Nairth spoke briefly, she almost felt like she was interrupting something more...intimate. She stood awkwardly for a moment, her attention to Nairth paused as a commotion broke out not to far from where the throne was.

Instantly she picked out Midir, and another woman she had seen at the hunt but did not know. It seemed a male fae was harassing the Erlking, and she furrowed her brows. She had felt glimpses of the Erlking's power at the hunt, it would be foolish to tangle with such a man.

Her gaze flicked back to Nairth as he reached between the two ladies. She could feel the thrum of nature magic, an enticing feeling to one as tied to nature as she was. She hid a smile as the Spring King sprung roots from the earth to trip up the troublemaker.

"My name is Dianthe, I am fairly new into politics these days." She bowed her head respectfully to Nairth as she spoke, demure as always. She was grateful for Eske's invitation to approach. She waited politely for Nairth to respond to the High Omnia. Her commentary could wait.

Nairth San'Seya Eske

• Bless
Reactions: Eske
My mother's name was Marina and she was from the Summer Court...​

...And it all clicked into place.

It was very hard not to smile. It was even harder not to look over his shoulder towards where Mab and Asemir were sitting in their little bubble. Instead he kept the stern expression on his face as the child rattled on about the miseries he had suffered for at the hands of Tatiana. That did earn a little quirk of the brows but he didn't say a word until the boy had finished with the dramatics. In the meantime he motioned over one of the brownies who were serving wine and took another goblet for himself.

"My niece and I have always had a good relationship, and if she wished to punish someone related in some way to me she would send them to me," the light around the little cluster seemed to grow dark for just a second. Midir would have inflicted far worse things on anyone sent in a little ribbon to him by Tatiana. The fear alone of being sent to the Erlking would be enough to make most fae physically ill and thus a form of torture in itself.

Lazily he stood and this time he did smile, and oh was it a dangerous thing.

"I think I know who you are looking for, however," and with barely a motion to follow him he begun to walk in the direction of Mab and Asemir.

• Dab
  • Sip
Reactions: Asemir and Mab
Astrid had gratefully taken the flute from Cas, a smile finally finding a way to her lips. Her brother just understood. When it came to a fight, that was her arena. When it came to events, it was his turn to care for her. It was a good give and take. It was one reason she loved her brother. She'd have to bring him by to see some of the new puppies when they got back as a thank you.

She turned her head to the new king as he began to speak, her nail tapping the flute as she listened anxiously. It seemed he was wanting big change, and she looked to her Erlking to see his reaction. A sigh of relief when he seemed unbothered left her lips.

"That was quite a speech." She sipped her drink idly, and at Casimir's outburst, she lifted her head and scanned the crowd. " She's at the dias, looks like she's planning on talking to the new king. Should we intervene?"

She jumped as a flurry of action and harsh words came from the direction of their Erlking. It seemed a pake haired fae was making trouble. She had the urge to step in, being that it was their Erlking, but at the same time, she shrunk from the drama. Roots soon erupted from the earth, and she trembled at the power of it. It seemed King Nairth wasn't playing around. "I hate this."

Casimir Bielke

• Nervous
Reactions: Sivan