Open Chronicles A Festival of the Lights

A roleplay open for anyone to join
"If we are speaking in total... perhaps four to five. Though the Astral Tongue is likely a long dead one." Her voice cantered with the lilt and sway of a calm melody, and the Seer tilted her head faintly as the focused her full attention on the Blood Knight as he faltered in his questioning for a moment. A thin brow arched curiously as he smiled and asked her how brave she was feeling.

Lips parted in answer, and then paused as her head turned to look skyward, almost flinching as the blade sang past her unexpectedly. For all the power and grace one may have, she did not have eyes at the back of her head. Crimson gaze flicking back to Valborast, both brows had risen now, and a smile bloomed across her features at his display.

"You may, Syr Valborast Valcheck." Her laugh was like water running over the pebbles in a brook, and the maiden curtseyed in turn. "I am most curious what this dance entails."

Valborast Valchek

"The stone truly is for my Queen, my kingdoms ruler."

Guernot pouted his lips in pensive thought as the young man denied the finely crafted jewelry in favor of the roughly hewn bits of amber lining the shelves behind him. "Well, I supposed you know your liege better than I. If you think her Highness will appreciate the uncut amber better..." Guernot was about to leave it at that, and close the lid of jewelry box, but something stopped him. '

Humans and their flitting little pupils, so easy to track. Guernot narrowed his second eyelids as he dialed in on the conflict playing across the young man's face. He had not taken his eyes off of the blossoming ring.

"Wait, how about this," Guernot said, reaching out and hooking the up with an index finger. He pointed at the young man and held out the ring to him at the same time. "You pick something out for your Queen, and you keep this one for yourself." With the flash of a bright smile, Guernot reached out for the young man's hand and pressed the enchanted ring into his palm.

The Flame Knight held on to the other man's hand for a moment longer, and reached up to pat Wesley's cheek, in the way that a well-meaning auntie might after depositing a piece of candy. "Give it to whomever you like."

Wesley Argent

Josai felt like she was floating in Elis' arms. She giggled at the way he gasped with awe. "Careful," she teased. "Or I might take your breath and turn you into a mouse," she whispered, and kept her eyes on his, so full of wonder. And the way he smiled. She hardly knew the man. But there was just... something about how kind he had been.

How considerate. Even in the kitchens. Never complained, did what he was asked and did it well. His nice butt didn't hurt either. Her cheeks warmed some, and her smile spread like warm butter across her face, and she blinked, her spell vanished and her eyes looked away from his as they rocked easy to the music. Her weight leaned a little closer to his as she let him lead her into a twirl and spin that saw her blue robes flare and shimmer with all the dazzle and lights around them, and her feet kicked up glittering bits of snow.

She came into his arms. Let him hold her close, as her eyes looked to his again.

"Would you tell me Elis, where you hail from?"

Elis Chares

Wesley's eyes grew wide, first with shock, the excitement - like a small child being offered candy. "Syr I," Wesley was for a loss at words as he watched Guernot place the ring into his palm. He wrapped his fingers slowly around the ring, for a moment lost in a day dream... Him, Wesley Argent, blessed with the opportunity to fall in love and have those feeling reciprocate. Having a wife and as many children as possible.
The warrior shut his eyes tight and dismissed the dream, for that was all it was - a dream. Wesley cleared his throat, "Thank you Syr, I appreciate your kindness." He looked at the contents of the Jewelry box once more ,"I think her majesty would prefer this one," He pointed to one of the pendants which had the elaborate scene carved into the back.
Wesley was smiling now, not only had he gotten a beautiful memory stone for Esmeralda but he had gotten something for himself aswell. He removed a small leather pouch that was tucked into his fur and placed both trinkets inside.
"Once again, I thank you Syr?" his word a mixture of both statement and question. The teenager wished to know the name of the kirven who was so kind to him, maybe, around the next camp fire or on the next mission he would be able to set some of those nasty kirven rumours straight !

Syr Guernot

When it came to the slow dance, Hector felt his face turn red. Both Lori and Abri had been dancing alongside him and, well. He didn't want to think about things too much. Not right now.

"I'm..." he said with a clearing of his throat. "I'm going to go get ready for the show!" he said too loudly. Nervous. He bowed to both squires in turn. "It was my pleasure dancing with you," he said too formally, and hurried away.

His face suddenly hot as he beat a retreat, he focused on his breathing to help him cool down, when something entirely new and different caught his eye.

"Is that... is that a construct?!" he near shout and ran over to the plodding sentinel of earth. Marveled at how human it looked, and he just followed alongside it, trying to study how the thing functioned.

He could see its core... could almost make out the flow of its magical currents. But... it was more than a little beyond his skill level to comprehend outright.
"Damn," he said and felt around his person. Grinned as he remembered the bundled journal he kept within his cream colored arming jacket, slipped his hand beneath the binds he kept loose when casual, and pulled out the finely bound journal, a stick of charcoal bound neatly there in.

Fastidiously, he took the stick out and started jotting down notations and taking quick sketches down. Following the earth construct as it marched on.... wherever it went.

Lorinna Astarel Abrielle Huxley Sabine

Last edited:
Margot could feel the creep of a soft blush on her cheeks as he kissed her hand. "I happened to see your brief altercation, and well, I admit I was more curious than anything. " He was charismatic, that was definitely clear.

Her eyes danced away from him, not used to having so much focus put on her. "I figured a drink was a good way to break the ice." She took a sip of her own, and smiled. "I'm Margot, it's a pleasure to meet you Captain"

Killian Grey

Killians smile grew wider as blondes cheeks flushed. "Aah, silly little chap that, known him most his life and for the majority we have experienced altercation." Killians tone was light as if he found their constant odds humorous.
"Would you like to dance Margot?" Not giving her much time to protest, Killian took both of their drinks and placed them on a nearby table. Placing a hand gently on her lower back he guided her to the dancefloor then took a small step back and offered Margot a small bow and extended his hand.
Margot Triss

Is she the Mother?
No, Ujala, she is you--Maiden incarnate. It is Raveena that is Ai'a, the Mother. The All Mother
But is she not Kheshigmaa Narmandakh of the Yōsei?
Not yet, my love. Patience. For now, see her as she is. Marvel at what she can do!
Yes, Mother. . .

Raea gestured all around. "There are stalls with some volunteering mages. And, a little kobold wandering around giving them out as well!" She laughed, hands clasping behind her back and rocked on the the balls of her feet and then onto her toes. Even then, she still did not reach the graceful height that Aurora stood. "I did not know such courts could exist! I had always been taught that they presided over seasons. This is amazing! Every day I learn something new. Do they not wear pretty gowns and hold court accordingly? Is it too much with the jungle weather? Oh no matter--come, come, we'll get you your stone!"

Without thinking, she grabbed Aurora's arm and pulled her gently to coerce her into the line awaiting a stone of their own. She peeked at her stone again as they waited, holding it up into the light. Scintillating, she caught more glimpses of the would-be memory.

They were vague silhouettes, it looked like. Perched on a grand staircase--if she had to take a stab in the dark. Nine of them, poised in an odd fashion, not quite together, not quite apart--two were close, a man who stood and a woman who sat. There seven that seemed male, but only two female. Raea squinted, perplexed--she did not recognize this. It was not anything from home--certainly nothing that she could remember. It was too difficult to see, too obscure to properly look at. "Hm." She remarked thoughtfully, "I can't make out mine very well. Hm! Maybe when I return to my quarters and there's better light." She looked at Aurora with a brightening smile, "Are you fond of weaving, Lady Aurora? I would love to create something for you to take back home--i-if it isn't too much trouble, that is?"

It wasn't often she got to make friends. Though Raea was capable of getting along with damn near anyone that crossed her path, it had been some time since she felt a sincere, genuine connection, of a sense of familiarly with anyone. Despite having just met, she was certain they had crossed paths at some point before. She just couldn't...couldn't seem to recall. . .

Is she awakening, Mother? Tell me the story again!
Yes, dear. When Raveena ruled as Empress, she had two regents beneath her flag--the flag of Crystallo Stella, ruled by Queen Aurora, and the flag of Khanai, ruled by King Souji. The King came to love the lovely Elven Queen and spirited her away so that no other could have her. Left without a ruler, Khanai's realm demanded a Sovereign.

The Fae were clever--cleverer than Raveena. She had been tricked into becoming Khanai's Sovereign. It is a fately thing.

The East is stirring, and the Old Savage King is weakening. Day by day he ushers Raea Knight closer to her true calling. Day by day he corrupts and twists her into his dark and lovely thing.
She will be Maiden no more? When this incarnation reaches her true self? She will be Crone, then?
It is hard to say, my love. We are only observers. We do not interfere with these affairs. All weaves as it is meant to be.
But the handsome man over there--the Slayer, Kaige Severos? Was he not a part of her tapestry? Is not the wielder of the sword that would free her? The famed Empyrean? I think he is very handsome. I think he will be the hero of her story!
Very good, my love--yes. Let us see!
I do hope that she and Aurora will remain friends in this lifetime, too.
Fear not, love. All is woven as it should be.
As it should be...

Eternity

"You're too kind to consider me a geomancer! I am a servant of an earthly entity. It is by her hand that I am able to commune with the earth. I am a mage of war, it is not often I have the ability to take my time with creations. I typically value quantity over quality--though I suppose I could use more training in that regard."

She did not immediately step closer, but wandered closer over the course of her response. Here away from the lights, singing and dancing--Sabine no longer felt a need to compete with the crowd and shout louder than was necessary.

From the corner of her eye she caught Hector--the corner of her lips twitching into the first true grin of the evening. Hector had very well saved her life before, and was her introduction to the Knights of Anathaeum. She owed him a great deal, and could see--even from afar--how enthused he was with her construct, terrible thing that it was. It paused for him, its head tilted in mock curiosity--a human thing to do despite its lack of humanity.

He jotted patiently, until the core memory spoke, disembodied and strangely female, If you wish to understand, I suggest finding Lady Sabine. It projected itself, reverberating across Hector as he studiously took advantage of the construct's pause, crawling along his skin and into his thoughts. And then it resumed, wading through the crowds--which parted like a sea--for it.

Sabine glanced back at the two, observing thoughtfully, "You're Ophelia Tirion! I heard about your expedition in Aegerslant with Syr Josai. Most impressive! And you? Who flatters me with their praise of my damned ugly constructs?" She asked of Kaige Severos, more jovial and frank compared to his polite response.

Ophelia did her best to contain her surprise that knight was aware of who she was. Had she already made such an impact ? Doubtful she thought. The women must simply had just been friends with another on her mission who then recited the tail.
Ophelia cleared her throat, "Yes that is I, but you flatter me, I did not do much. Excuse my Ignorance but what might your name be?" Ophelia asked as politly as possible , hoping not to offend the knight infront of her. Especially if she was a member of The Knights of Anatheum.
Sabine Fenvaris Kaige Severos

A warmage. Kaige had heard of such people. Until now he had never actually met one, much less exchanged any pleasantries. Discretely, he examined the lady, taking in her appearance just once with as much observation to detail as a detective. She looked, not exactly rough, but hard – toughened. Definitely a fighter of sorts, and he wondered what sort of things she marched against. She didn’t wear the customary armor of a demon hunter, but then again, they varied in that more and more the farther he traveled.

It was a far cry from the beauty beside him, who appeared to wield some amount of fame. Kaige smiled bemusedly to himself, having never encountered the name before. Perhaps he should have shown more respect? He stood as the warmage inquired as to his name, a grace he felt privileged to have been bestowed, for he felt she was much more than just a warrior.

“I am Kaige Severos, at your service,” he said softly, bowing to the woman. “And please, I have seen the start and completion of your art and can say I have never been more awed. Tis a great thing to move a lifeless rock and greater still to give it life.”

He turned and then bowed deeply to Ophelia Tirion. “Kaige Severos, lovely lady,” he repeated. “I am truly sorry but your name and deeds are unknown to this ruffian. Would you require me to depart so that my greaters may converse?” he asked with the same courtesy as before. He was used to men and women of noble status asking him to leave, regarding him as nothing more than an unrefined fighter.

Sabine Fenvaris Ophelia Tirion

“Well, you’ve already taken my breath away. I suppose being a mouse wouldn’t be too bad.” He joked in turn.

As he swayed with her to the music, he thought about how she had been keeping people’s spirits up as they worked in the monastery. She worked a different type of magic, allowing her to command control while maintaining a friendly environment. He couldn’t help but admire her confidence… and her laugh. He led her into a fluttering twirl then held her close again, as if he was worried she’d fly away with the shimmering snow.

When she asked where he hailed from, he glanced away, and took a moment to respond. Here was a beautiful magical woman who could secretly be a great magical warrior or a powerful traveler dancing with a simple farmer. He trusted her kindness but he knew it would hurt if she suddenly disliked him because of his background. She wouldn’t have been the first to reject his company after learning about his work. After a moment, he responded.

“An orchard in Alliria.” He spoke in a quiet voice.

His grandparents always taught him the importance of honesty, even if it may hurt. He still maintained the balance of the dance but there was an unmistakable impatience as he awaited her response.

Josai

"An orchard in Alliria," She replied, and smiled, all the sweeter as they rocked and swayed and shared the moment beneath the light of stars, and magick alike. She grew all the closer, till she could feel the warmth of his breath diffuse across her lips. Her body pressed closer to his as they glided with the music, safe and comfortable as she was dancing with him, in his arms.

"I wonder..." she asked, her eyes half lidded as they stared into his. Lips curled glad. No judgement there in her eyes as they went on, but there was a desire. A glint of mischief. "What the apples must taste like," and witch that she was, she leaned closer still, till the tickle of breath turned to the warm press of his thick lips, and the pleasant bristly scratch of his kempt scruff.

Elis Chares

Noa had arrived, well into the middle of festivities — or maybe the end? Not like she could see what was going on. Just like how no one could see the glaze that had settled over her milk-white eyes. Ne kept Noa’s pace, chuffing when a step was too uneven or when she bumped into another.

The blind knight pulled out her pipe, feeling the enhancements of Seluria’s buff as she walked to the stage. With Ne beside her, most of the participants made sure to give Noa some room, although plenty of the squires greeted her and stepped aside as she strode ever closer to the stage.

In truth, Noa had only a vague idea of the performance she were to perform. Unfortunately she had missed some others, but her sensitive ears could hear whispers of the whimsy they had experienced earlier on. Ne growled as Noa stumbled, grabbing a fistful of the albino tiger’s pelt to steady herself.

I’m fine, I’m fine.” Noa said, “I swear to drunk I’m not— wait, that’s not right.” Noa swayed, and if only to keep Ne lecturing her further, she pretended it was a dance. Her hands waved in front of her, arms weaving like seaweed. Her palms were always pointed to her face yet somehow they never hit the pipe stuck firmly between her scarred lips.

Her lower half, from her hips down to her feet, didn’t match the rhythm of her arms and wrists. Somehow, she was able to smile despite the pipe. She breathed in and didn’t seem to need to exhale. A huff from Ne to remind Noa that she was at the steps that would lead her onto the stairs. Her uncanny dance stopped, and she pulled the pipe from her lips. She breathed out, hollowing out every bit of breath from her lungs.

The smoke moved before like a hound in search of prey while Noa took her time in walking up the wooden stairs. The heavy wood of her sandals could be heard, echoing louder than they should. Materializing onto the stage were musicians and their instruments. Noa had played them all at one point, but more importantly, these instruments were created in Cais Vihara, her first home before she was taken to the Knights.

A long, T-shaped harp with a multitude of strings with a woman with spindly fingers like a spider set to build an intricate web. Two flute players with two sets of flutes, both on their knees and staring out to the audience. A set of drums, some big and some small, with the largest being upright and behind the drummer. Beside the drums was another musician who held up the ceremonial bells of the monk, like a tree branch with a multitude of chiming leaves. The last musician to form from Noa’s smoke rested on their knees, holding a stringed instrument similar to Noa’s.

The thick blocks of wood in the center of her sole echoed out once, then twice, then three times.

Somehow, music came from the smoke: the flute players and drummer demanded the attention of the audience as Noa finally walked onto the stage.

She moved in leisure, heading to center stage in steady steps. With Ne’s guidance she faced the crowd. Without a word, she took another heavy drag from her pipe before letting more smoke reach out to the audience. The scent of cloves and lavender clung to it as it nestled itself between people’s legs or the gap of the arm to the small of their wait’s. It caressed the necks and jaws of men and women like a dog nuzzling it’s soft snout lovingly into their owner.

A whisper, a hush, from the smoke. Noa took another drag, her heart beating slower. As she exhaled, a dome of smoke formed.

Let them see,” she whispered to the unseeable contractor, “what I see if I make them feel what I feel.” If she failed, well… best not to focus on the negatives. Noa placed her pipe into her robe, pulled the sanshin from behind her, and fiddled with the strings. Rapid twangs that were unsettling but needed echoed about as she warmed her fingers up. She slowed down, fingers moving along the slender neck of her instrument, listening to the pitch. When she was certain it was perfect, the flute players whistled into the instruments in agreement.

The harp player joined in: like rainfall pattering on ceramic rood tiles, a melody all on their own. A few moments was given to the harp, and then the song started. The flute could be heard, sounding like the fluttering of butterfly wings and the chirp of birds at the same time. The harp players fingers continued to pluck at strings while Noa and the other sanshin player began to start the rhythm for the entire song.

Ever on and on I continue, circling,” Noa’s voice was deep, uncommon for a woman as small and petite as she was, but it reverberated clearly despite all the other instruments at work. Her voice would not be deafened by the others.

A somber melody flowed out from the stage. The velvet-rich voice of Noa and the steady, slow beginning of the performance moved like the blue-gray waves of a ocean during early spring. The smoke was like a fog, obscuring vision yet cool and salty: a sea breeze before the sun had reach it’s highest point. Then, light parted through the pale mist as the drummer began. Like a beating heart, the whole gamut of song could finally be heard as the musicians of smoke began to play alongside Noa.

Not that Noa demanded attention, allowing the flute player to cut through the steadiness and take the song deeper into the melody.

Besides, this wasn’t just about the music. It was about delighting the senses: all of them. With the song underway, Noa focused her magic in showing them a world they all had gone blind to.

Within the air, all the participants would be able to see small, minuscule creatures of light. Perhaps they resembled shapes of animals, but something was off about the lambent, pearly beings that hummed and throbbed within the air. Reaching out to touch one would grace one’s fingertips with a subtle warmth, like feeling sunlight after sitting in the shade for so long.

Pure beings of the arcane, these simple organisms derived from the ley lines throughout Arethil. Only seen by powerful fae, or even those gifted with a sight unlike others, they were beings born within the leys and rivers of magical light. Unseen by many, unfelt by many, for now, within the time of Noa’s song, could they be seen.

The song continued, and with a bit of effort from the blind knight, these creatures moved in sinuous rivulets through the crowds of people, flashing colors bright blue or green, lavender or pink, white and orange. Shimmering like fallen stardust, the lights continued weaving between people. The scent of cloves was no longer present, instead only a soft white musk with aromatic rose and fresh coconut pulp to remind the viewers of a leisurely bubble bath.

Others may have discerned other scents, like fresh rainwater or a field of flowers. Perhaps the scent of cedar or moist earth after rain. Whichever was pleasant, whichever brought on fair memories. Plenty of people could smell a loved one, a particular someone that was cherished in their heart.

Sight, sound, touch, and scent continued to evolve with the song. Looking up ahead, along the dome of smoke was now a night sky filled with bright stars. Some where silver, some were red, and some were even blue. These stars flickered like firelight, casting shadows from the light illuminating from the small airborne creatures of the leys. Looking beneath one’s feet, all would be able to see these river-like ley lines of pure, unblemished magic. Somehow they seemed so far down, yet no one would fall into their bright abyss.

The song built into it’s loud and uplifting crescendo. A sugar-like sweetness would waft into gaping mouths. Settling over the tongues, residing in their soft cheek. Crisp like a pear, sugary like a peach, soon all were drenched in the ambrosia. It was far better than their last meal could ever taste.

The music reverberated within the bodies of everyone nearby. For some it was a sizzle and for others it matched the pitter-patter of rain on a desert. Animals of all kinds throughout Arethil, magical and non magical, formed and began to move around. Elephants and lions walked with swimming sea creatures like whales and squids. A school of fish swarm in a pulsing sphere, their scales sparkling like diamonds.

Birds flew over ahead, eagles with sparrows, ravens with finches. Their feathers brighter than a rainbow, reflecting the colors onto the people like bright lanterns.

It was a joyous sight, and it hid the fact that all of those on the stage, including Noa and Ne, to appear like silhouettes. Their forms were inky black shadows, rising higher and higher as if there was a setting sun. Her illusion magic slowly began to fade as the song began to steady back into it’s original rhythm. The animals shimmered off into nothing, the strange beings of ley-light and magic faded from view, and scent and taste were returned to the taste of ale and the scent of smoked meats and baked goods.

The smoke receded, filtering off into nothingness as if it was never even there to begin with. The stars faded away, and the only warmth that could be felt would be from another’s touch or another swig of ale.

Noa stepped forward, the block of wood from her sandals clacking against the wooden stage and echoing out. The last to leave were the musicians of smoke, and with them their instruments and sound. The only thing that could be heard was the twang of Noa’s sole sanshin, and as she got closer to the edge of the stage her footsteps quickened.

The blind knight of dusk stood at the very edge, about ready to tip over. Ne was stalking towards her, but the song ended. Noa raised up her sanshin, only one hand grasping the swan-neck of her instrument.

THANK YOU ELBION AND GOOD NIGHT!” She shouted, her voice slurring despite sounding completely fine when she had been singing. Noa took a deep bow, and only then did she fall over the stage.

Last edited:
Petra's clever fingers worked at the braids in her hair. Sliding reflective crystals onto the plaits and ornamenting her black curls with gold metal clasps and rings, their soft music when they clanked against the others like an encore to her movements. She finished by pinning stray ringlets up into a half-do, humming a solemn melody the whole way through.

"Will you be all right this evening?" The voice of her dragon slithered into her mind with an uncharacteristically gentle tone.

Her humming stopped and she caught her eyes in the mirror, the reflection an uncomfortable companion these past few months as she struggled to not only find some semblance of reconciliation with her new draconic-like appearance; but when the land was bathed in such festivities as the Monastery was hosting this evening, the hollow place in her chest cracked open. Its dull ache coaxed back to a voracious hunger. A hunger that yearned to be fed with the jovial cheer of her family surrounding a feast table, her sister alive and whole once more. Laughing with her bright eyes made innocent by youth, free of pain. It was a future she would never see again.

"Petra."

She sharply inhaled at Norvyk's intrusion. The memory wiped away as easily as the lone tear she was startled to find trekking down her cheek before dashing it aside with her scaled hand.

"Yes. I shall be fine. I know I don't exactly have a lot of friends here yet..." Her gaze dropped to her lap, where her hands fiddled idly, a wry smile on her lips, "But I imagine a festival full of music and light and the collective love of a celebratory people will be enough to carry me through my memories for at least one evening." The confession was accompanied by a warm blooming in her chest, the Harmonic tether between her and Norvyk a direct link of their emotions. So it was easy to cipher that her dragon was doing what he could to buoy her spirits.

"And let us not forget the generous supply of food and drink to pave way for that merriment. I have been watching them all from atop Eldyr's Lookout and I can assure you, the flowing ale has caused festive footwork of many of your fellow Knights. And I cannot stop salivating over the aroma from a certain honey cake food stall..." His voice trailed off wistfully in a poorly veiled request for her aid in acquiring this coveted pastry.

But it was enough to break the song-weaver from her trance of melancholy, a self-deprecating chuckle tucking away the last of her memories for later rumination, and she left her armoire of face paints and magical beauty products and walked to the gown she had hanging up. She had ordered it straight from one of the best seamstresses of Fal-Addas, who also happened to be a good friend of Petra's. The favor her tailor owed her from a decade past was gladly now paid in full.

The soft fabric was cool to the touch, the texture like silk but stronger. It was floor length and form-fitting, sleeveless with a gradient of rich blue that started at the gold-capped shoulders and bled into an inky black, complemented by a dusting of glinting gold sparkles; its color scale being meant to elicit thoughts of a night sky that clung to fading stars before releasing its grip to the dawn. It was a gown appropriate for the Festival of the Lights, an event where wholesome pageantry and the enjoyment of life's finer things were encouraged.

A bittersweet smile morphed her painted lips. "If I am to be sad, then at least I will do it beautifully."

"Are you sure? I have plenty of coin to pay..?" She insisted to the baker across the counter from her. His food stall of festive baked goods had been her first venture into the belly of the Festival's many delights. Determined to satisfy her dragon's sweet tooth before finding her own entertainment.

"Nay, lassie. I know o'er Order. And I ken of the aid ye blessed me village with when the demons of the Vale came knockin' o'er doors. I wished ta repay yer kindness in the only way I could. Hence why e'ry honeyed cake and sweet roll I have, is yers in good faith." The burly baker was a cheerful man, his kind eyes were sharply observant beneath bushy brows and his nose and cheeks red where they weren't peppered by flour. His forearms were made strong by years of rolling rough dough and heaving coal into a hungry hearth. The aroma of hearty bread clung to him. He accompanied his words with a gentle shove of a box full of sweets. "Though I would'er suggest pairing these with a refreshing pint o' ale. Think of me while you do, ey?" He winked conspiratorily at her and she blushed in pleasure at the attention before giving her polite and genuine thanks and made her way off in search of the outskirts of the Festival. Because although she was happy to accommodate Norvyk with sweets, she'd be damned if she was going to make her way up to the lookout in this dress and heels. He could find his own way down here if he wanted them that bad.

It was then that the tempting song of a flute called to the heart of the song weaver and without thought, she wove her way through the crowd to the source of that magical melody.

Before Aurora could answer Raea, she was pulled gently towards a line for the memory stones. A soft laugh left her lips, as she felt joy fill her body as if she was a child all over again. She knew that the court would frown upon her adventures, and they way she was handling herself outside the boundaries of her home.

Turning to Raea, the laughter faint on her lips. “We don’t always wear gowns and attend court like the other fae courts.” Frowning a moment, she grinned. “I mean we do have times where fanciful dress is required, but most of the time we are dressed very much differently.”

Moving every now and again with the line, it didn’t take too much time till they got to the front of the line. The stall keeper smiled at Aurora while Raea got caught in the memory in the stone she held in her hand. “Yes, I would like a memory stone please!” Aurora watched as the tall man moved about the stones, showing her many different sizes and some had different shapes. She could see that a stone cutter had used their art in cutting this precious orange stone, even the hues of the stone varied.

“These are all so beautiful, how does one choose the right stone to hold a memory?” Turning to her seemingly new friend Raea, her eyes gleaming in the lighting that changed every now again with the show of everyone’s magic.

Empyrean

Just as he had thought, the young redheaded boy gratefully accepted the fine amber ring. It only took a little bit of prodding. Guernot laughed cheerfully at the young man's earnestness, which sobered to a pointy-toothed smile when he was asked his name.

"Ah, you can call me Guernot," the Flame Knight said, bowing his frilled head to the young man. "Now, its nearly time for the light show to start in full, so I'll be packing up." With a heavy blue hand, he patted the young man on the shoulder. "But find me afterward if you need anything else."

Soon after, Guernot left the amber stall, and another knight took over the distribution of the memory stones.

Wesley Argent

With the Kirvens name he was at peace to leave and nodded his head in turn of Guernots goodbye.
Nearly Time for the light show...

It was to late now for the teenage warrior to head home so instead he decided it was time to find a place to sit for the show and afterward he would most likely camp in the woods then take his leave at dawn.

Wesley made his way over to a nearby stage and took a seat on the grass, is this the right place? He hoped so, if not; the red head would still have a perfectly good view of the nights sky.

Sosi sat perched upon the end of a table, idly kicking her feet as she swayed to the music. Anytime a food tray passed by, she just had to snatch something off of it, creating a small pile of foodstuffs in her lap. "Pyx!" Sosi exclaimed, pulling her pet out of her coat pocket. "Come eat with Sosi!" She fed herself with once hand and Pyx with the other, until there was naught left in her lap but crumbs.

Gently grasping the rat's front paws, Sosi pull him upright to dance on her leg. Pyx resisted, sensing more food close by. Sosi let go with a sigh and pouted as she held him in her lap. But when Sosi jumped to her feet to cheer for Syr Noa, Pyx saw his chance. He clambered up her coat, launching himself off her shoulder and onto the table.

"Pyx? PYX!" Sosi cried. "Bad Pyx! You come back to Sosi right now!" She pulled herself up onto the table, and started running down the length of it as fast as her stubby little legs could carry her. Ignoring the plates she was stepping in, and the mugs she was knocking over, she dashed after the rat. Sosi stretched her arms forward as far as she could, just barely having enough reach to wrap her small hands around Pyx's furry body. "YES! Sosi caught you, naughty Pyx!" the small goblin gloated.

Oblivious to the momentum carrying her forward, Sosi rolled off the far end of the table and hit the ground with a small thud, hugging her pet to her chest to prevent further escape. She sat up after a moment, carefully returning Pyx to her coat pocket, before standing and cheering again as Noa finished her song.

Fixing her hat, Sosi once more set her sights on her main reason for attending. Snacks. She had overheard something about pie earlier, and so Sosi trotted through the crowd, determined not to let anything interfere with her quest.

Arkobold

Last edited:
At first Faramund thought the village was under attack. Loud noises could be heard filtering through the thin mist that swept the snow-covered fields north of the settlement. Screams and bangs and bellowing voices. Lights flashed across the sloped rooftops of Astenvale, bathing slate and thatch in muted colours of red and orange. Fiery colours, ones often associated with violent undertakings... or the bloody aftermath.

Clad in black chainmail, with a cape as dark as the deep forest flowing from his shoulders, Syr Faramund of the Dawn smiled as a rocket smote the sky above the village. The bang it gave off reminded Faramund of a shieldwall clashing, though, what was happening in the village was far less violent than that. He hoped so, anyway.

'Come on, Brutus,' Faramund spoke softly, guiding his horse out from beneath a mighty oak's shadow. Tall, and as ancient as the settlement it stood guard over, the oak's branches were hung with banners and ribbons of flowing golds and greens. A few reds and blues shivered here and there, higher up, where a smattering of leaves still clung stubbornly to the old oak.

At the foot of the tree, bright wreaths and bundles of mountain flowers had been laid amongst the thick roots holding it aloft. Dozens upon dozens, they were stacked almost as high as Faramund. Someone had even left a drawing. On it, the chrysanthemum of his Order danced, curling in where the page had grown damp.

Picking it up, Faramund found a new home for the drawing in one of his saddlebags.

'I'm sure whoever drew this won't mind,' he said, reassuring himself that what he had just done didn't count as sacrilege. Leading his horse on across the snowy fields, Faramund stealthily made his way further into the village. Here, where the buildings loomed and the firelight flashed, the sounds he had heard earlier became clearer. No longer did the screaming and shouting remind him of hard-fought battle. Oh, no...

Now it sounded like a celebration was underway.

Joyous, deafening, full of love and laughter, the voices and conversations he heard as he walked through the crowd filled the knight's chest with a warm feeling he hadn't felt for weeks now. Looking around, he nearly flinched as something hurtled towards his face. 'Oi, Faramund!' A voice bellowed as Fara, quick to react, snatched the spinning apple from the air.

Turning, he spotted the familiar face of Syr Jarro. 'Welcome home, lad!' the elf smiled, raising a tankard in salute of his safe return. Smiling, Faramund bowed his head in recognition. Giving the apple to Brutus, he pushed on, on towards a table covered in steaming foodstuffs and a cloth as dark as the wine staining it. 'Ah! Another hero returns to us!' Syr Breklinn greeted the dawnling, a cup clutched tightly in her fist.

'Welcome home, brother,' she said, climbing to her feet to give him a one armed hug. Syr Lyra, sitting across the table from her, flashed Faramund a smile. 'Aye. Welcome to the Festival of the Lights!' She raised her cup too, the contents sloshing around the rim, like crimson waves in an unruly sea. 'And what a festival it is,' Faramund replied, returning the hug, his voice full of wonder and puzzlement. 'Would have been nice if someone told me about all... this!'

He waved, almost swatting a passer-by in the face as he did so.

'And ruin the surprise?' Breklinn snorted. 'Don't be daft, brother. Now, have yourself a seat. You look positively famished!' In truth, Faramund didn't look anything of the sort, but he took a seat all the same. There was a cup of untouched mead on the table before him, and a platter of venison, boiled vegetables and a heel of bread to boot.

'Is this taken?' he asked, looking to his two comrades, a look of surprise still on his face.

'It is now,' Breklinn laughed, sliding the platter towards him. Lyra picked up the mead, leaned to move it a bit closer. 'Go on! Dig in! We won't tell anybody.' Grinning, the two knights watched as Faramund made a start. The festival carried on around them. Children clutching sparklers in their pudgy hands chased each other through the throngs of people. Men and women of myriad races talked and laughed and danced with one another.

Somewhere nearby, a great round of applause went up as a musician finished their set. Catching the last vestiges of song on the wind, Fara turned in his seat to give his two friends a smile. 'You know,' he began, 'this ain't a half bad welcome home party. I almost feel blessed,' he grinned as the two women rolled their eyes at him.

'Ain't all for you,' Lyra spoke up, jabbing a finger in his general direction. Wine splashed free to stain the table. Some even landed on her dress. 'We throw a feast like this every one or two years, not that you're ever around to notice.' Breklinn nodded in agreement. 'Yeah,' she said, mimicking Lyra. 'It ain't all about you, Mister Mund.' Laughing, the dusker threw an arm around his shoulder.

'But welcome home all the same! I dare say some of us have missed you!'

Last edited:
It seemed Captain Killian didn't take much seriously. Perhaps it was the drink, perhaps that was his personality. Still his charisma had a pull and the knight found herself entrapped in it. "Do you make it a habit to have altercations with people?" Margot gave him a teasing smile, but before an answer was received, he was pulling her to the dance floor with a gentle insistence.

Killian bowed, extending his hand to her. She placed her hand delicately in his, stepping closer to him as she did so. It had been a while, since she had danced. Soft music, twinkling lights, and the sounds of friends and family made her heart light, and she couldn't stop the warm smile and the flush of happiness on her cheeks. It was good to be home. "I would love to dance with you, Captain."

Killian Grey

"Just Sabine is fine. I serve a young Duchess, but in the presence of the Knights my name means very little. The fact that I was duped and bamboozled by ruffians means I know shit all about my own job." Sabine answered honestly. Perhaps too much so. She was still sore in the pride about being separated from Raea, sold into slavery over the course of too many years and outsmarted by thieves and held against her will before the Knights allowed her to be reunited. It was a tale, the wildest she had ever known.

"I owe my thanks to young Master Hector and to the rest of the Knights for your services across the realm. It's admirable!" And--she hated to admit--attracted her. She was not a person for decorum, peacocking and flaunting her wealth and status. The Knights--though she was loathe to admit--were very akin to her and her own views. She was simply ornery and difficult to work with.

Or so her mother had once told her after she nearly tricking her into wearing a dress.

Maybe it was only when she wanted to be.

But it was Kaige's words made her frown.

"Ooh quit your flowery speech, lad--we're all misfits here. It's all alive. All I did is ask for its help. Thankfully, we have a mutual understanding, the earth and I." She looked down at her feet amusingly, tapping her foot on the soft dirt. "It helps, and I don't foam at the mouth and scream profanities at it." Her lips curled into a wolfish grin, "Easy trade."

Ophelia Tirion Kaige Severos

"I'm not sure." Raea was still frowning at hers. "Mine's just...there. I think?" She was truly uncertain. "It's not a magic I'm truly familiar with, if I'm honest." Raea was still frowning distractedly, amber scintillating in the light. Despite her disapppointed she was in her stone, her eyes danced delightedly in the revel of the festival and new-found knowledge of Aurora's court.

"My father told wild tales, but I never believed them to be true. Something to keep me entertained when I was little. Now I often wonder if he was being truthful. It all sounds very lovely and adventurous. But--what are you doing here, Your Ladyship?" She turned to glance at the fae woman, so polite and charming--not at all what she had been told about by her father.

Eternity

Bebin smirked at the young squire. "One of lights, of course," he answered, something like pride softening the edge of his stare. "And magick,"

It was not long before he had rallied the children that mucked about the frosted terrain, their boots crunching and sloshing through the snow until they had all gathered 'neath the cover of one of the larger tent pagodas. The ground hand been covered with straw, and squires had been put to rune work the earth. Seals of flame twined with seals of earth, to help keep the snow at bay, if only just for one night.

So effective was the runic network, that it drew magick from the air and the earth. The old language used to inscribe the weave from a time long past. A time where mortal and god roamed these woods with but peace in their hearts. Or so the legends told.

Now, the timless runes made the earth bareable to sit upon during the dead of winter. A comfort for the children and few parents that gathered round 'neath the tent as the lively sounds of a grand performance rang out from where the largest part of the revel gathered.

Bebin could see the magick, swirling smoke and spectral beings shown to mortal life. Amplified as it all was, neath the color of the stars so painted by the Seer across the dome. For a while, they all but watched, marveled and in aw, but the show would come to its ambrosiac end, and the Pursuant felt a sweet ache in his heart. The sort one feels when they must leave the warmth of a loved one, come the call that comes.

Still, he relished the moment he was made to remember. Years ago beneath the boughs of a different wood, his spirit more wyld then than it was now. The feelings that were shared, deep within the water's of the Loch. How oft he'd stared into those black eyes and felt himself lost in the strange beauty that gripped him so far below.

He huffed a warm breath, and smiled as he turned to face the squire and their small crowd of mostly children. Bebin sat down, cross legged.

"Ready?" he asked Innis, and did not wait for her reply. "Tell them a story, squire," the beturbaned knight ordered, and bowed his head as he took in breath.

Above and before the crowd, an auroric blue flowed out, like a wave across gentle beach. Shift to green and yellow, orange, as if the lights from the distant show played against lapping waters of a tranquil lake.

Innis

Last edited:
He found no judgement but instead a mischievous glint in her eyes. She gave her flirty comment about apples then... kissed him. His mind went blank. Despite his age, he'd never found time to kiss anybody. For a second, he was clueless and only knew that he had to do something. His hand reached behind her head, gently holding her as he leaned into her kiss. Her lips were soft.

Each second followed the beat of his heart as the world slowed down. Ignoring all manners, he allowed himself one moment of passion. When he finally pulled, away, he took a breath of air and tried to pretend that his face wasn't a bright shade of pink.

"So, do you like apples?" He asked, trying his best to flirt back.

He leaned in, gently lifting her chin so he could get a better look of her beautiful eyes.

"Or would you like another taste? Just to be sure."

Josai