Open Chronicles A Festival of the Lights

A roleplay open for anyone to join
'Don't get too used to it,' Agatha smiled fondly, waving her companions on. The officers accompanying her were eager to partake of the festivities. Whether to drink or dance, laugh or love was their prerogative. And Agatha wouldn't keep them any longer than she had to.

Feeling a hand brush her shoulder, Agatha looked up as Mender leaned down from her saddle to impart her with a final bit of wisdom. 'Don't have too much fun,' she whispered, grinning as she spurred her hog on. The big beast swished its tail at Agatha as he waddled past.

Watching them go, Agatha turned to the last of her companions. 'That means you, too!' Nodding, Redbad doffed his hat to the two Captains. Though he would never admit it, he felt the two were much akin to sisters. Of course, the Captain's real sister was somewhere here about. In her forge, perhaps?

Crunching through the snow, Redbad went to find out.

'A loyal bunch,' the she-orc sighed, raising an eyebrow at Helena. 'What? What's so funny?' Feeling a grin tugging at the corner of her lips, the Blackshield cast her gaze lower as the dawnling began to unfold the gift. Agatha knew what it was, but even she felt a moment of anticipation as the layers were peeled back to reveal...

Stones.

Six in total, they were imbued with such magicks that the bearer's skin could and would tingle upon contact with the stones. Red and white-gold, purple and jade. Blue. And black. All could be of use to a talented spell-caster like Helena and, indeed, her friend, Selene of Dusk.

Watching the Captain closely, Agatha asked, 'well? What do you think?'

Helena

Abrielle bowed to her dance partners with a goofy happy grin on her face, and set off into the throngs of people to enjoy the best the festival had to offer. And what was the best part of any festival? Getting drunk of course! She just had to make sure she didn't overdo it this time.

Abrielle sought out another squire serving drinks, and in no time at all, had a full mug in each hand. The squire had hardly disappeared into the crowd of revelers before Abrielle had drained one mug and banged it down onto the table with a loud, satisfied sigh.

Taking her remaining drink, Abrielle wandered through the crowd, looking for somewhere to relax and enjoy the music. She soon happened upon a tall lanky young man sitting alone on the ground. Her heart skipped a beat and Abrielle felt her cheeks grow hot as she studied the handsome lad while trying not to be too obvious about it.

Well... I need somewhere to sit and next to him is as good a place as any, Abrielle thought. She walked over and plopped herself wordlessly down beside the young man, finishing what was left in her mug and set it aside.

"A-Are you enjoying the festival?" Abrielle asked after a long moment, giving her best attempt at nonchalance and stared off into the distance. Despite her best efforts, Abrielle couldn't stop herself from stealing little sideways glances at the handsome young man as she sipped her drink.

Wesley Argent

As Wesley lay there staring at the stars he would here footsteps heading in his direction and sat up, though still facing the galaxy above him.

The footsteps stopped and he turned to find a women sit down beside him.

"It had been quite the experience yes." Subconscious he would touch the small leather pouch containing the jewellery he had been given earlier.

"And yourself miss?" Wesley was not one for conversation, not intentionally though - it just happened to be a skill he lacked. When it came to talking with his comrades words would flow easily and his playfull side shone though, besides that he was most definitely a shy man; especially when it came to pretty women like the one who had joined his company.

Abrielle Huxley

The illusion in front of the children filled in the gaps of her words. She let the ashes of the flame drift away, let the embers crackle at the children's feet for long enough to feel the worry of the little fire going out, to notice the dark that pressed around them.

Then, when she sensed that her audience might be getting too restless, Innis raised her hands above the embers as she had done before, as if to warm them there. She continued the story:

"Right when the spirit thought it could bear its loneliness no longer, a traveler opened the door of the abandoned home. He scraped the old ashes from the hearth, and lit a new fire, to escape the wind and the cold. Overjoyed, the hearth spirit crackled back to life, and showed itself to the traveler. It asked the traveler to tell it a story. And so the traveler spoke of all the places he had seen, and all the people he had met, and kept the little spirit company through the night.

"When morning came, the traveler readied his things to set out. From its hearthbed, the spirit watched him, saddened to think it would be alone again. It asked him to stay in the house and not travel anymore, so that it could hear more of his stories.

"The traveler said: 'I cannot stay here, but I might be able to take you with me. Jump into my heart, and I will make another hearth for you.'

"So the spirit left its home to go with the traveler. At first, the little flame worried that it would burn the traveler with its heat. But at dusk, the traveler would gather stones and make a hearth for the spirit sit in, and the fire would glow and crackle and keep warm all night. And at dawn, the spirit would fall asleep, and the traveler would tuck it back into his heart.

"The traveler's name was Agni Brand, and he was the first Pursuant of Flame. Together, he and the spirit traveled like this for a long time - and saw new places, and met all kinds of people. And had lots of adventures, which are all stories of their own."

Atonement.

The thought was a drop of blood in the calm waters where his pride lurked, shark like in form and predatory, eager to cruise in and bite that which it views as impostor, transgressor to territory hard won through vicious experience. Yet the arm taken within the Crimson Knight's own frame did much to soothe the thrill of the hunt of his critical ego. His recent vow to speak true summoned within him a willingness to indulge in the council, for his heart had become tender while his ego sensed a bruising from imagined blows.

Atonement.

That beast of pride did circle, a shadow in the deep waters of his consciousness as the spirit of self improvement treaded water with a new method of finding passage in the waters. This humility was new to him, not quickly gripped and adopted. He was reminded of his first fumblings within the tongues he spoke with mastery. From words of the arcane uttered with love of possible reality with all the freshness and optimism of what might change in the world should one will it, to the intonation of vampiric speech which was draconian, hard pressed to change, caustic and derisive to the Other while supporting one's own incontrovertible superiority.

Humiliation in both fields until hot anger and defiance to his betters was expressed and realised.

'To err human. To be killed, divine.' So said his tutors. So he adopted as a shield to his heart.

He shook his head at the thought. Lessons from a harder reality, a reality which shaped him. And now the tenderness of someone who saw him more than the bitter architecture of his mind, all sloping angular planes of pain that reinforced the brutal truths of the world, instead of this word. Atonement. It felt like an invitation to betray and forget. But Valborast had support in this moment. Unlike his past which was one of isolated study he had been offered with far more generous hand and compassionate disposition an alternative to his own embittered self.

Valborast walked some distance with Seluria, arms entwined, a slow pace as he mulled over the thought of atonement. He spoke slowly, ponderously, his thoughts spoken aloud as he unraveled and revealed his own process. Gone was the assurity of truths well won and engrained, the man was fighting to discover a better process of thought, for if his vow was to be respected, he should speak true of his deductions instead of the instinctive and habitious cynicism to the new. He felt as if he was speaking foreign thoughts, but rendered such in elvish, travelling in the silk words that soothed as he travelled in unfamiliar ground.

“Atonement,” Valborast said, as if it were a glaring and blinding ray of light into his vision, his eyes narrowed as he engaged the word in verbal combat. “I do not seek forgiveness for what I was, and indeed, am.”

He paused and sighed.

“No,” he said and tried again.

“No that's incorrect, not quite true. If I may speak for a time, while I deduct the truth of things. Atonement, it speaks to me of throwing oneself to one's knees and crying out for forgiveness for the spirit of contrition. But it's more complex than that...such a guilty display of conscience. In all things I have acted to survive and prove myself in spite of my circumstances. However, I seek to be more than I can be for virtue of...being more knightly. Simple, dare I say, being a better mortal. A better soul. Of being better. That is the spirit of things. More humane in condition. Such would be a better defiance of my past than simple forgiveness of vicious mindsets that rendered me alive at all, and indeed, successful in my Art.”

More distance travelled. More thought as he entangled himself in the subject. Harrowing as it was to sheen the precious jewel of his mind and memories.

“If I am to atone in deed,” he said slowly, “in mind, in thought, in conscience, I shall do so without humiliation. Such guided me in my moments of adversity, humiliation that is. I was constantly reminded of my inferiority to the kindred for my mortality. Quickly expunged, to be discarded. Yet I do not seek to...simply be contrarian to what has made me an effective force to the Order. My mind and ways are my own. Yet with you, I can see much more than what might be. What might be, what can be, what...ought to be. If I am to progress, if I am to prove my valour in the fight of the spirit, not just with the blade, I'd be...foolish to go alone. Alone, and without encouraging perspective. Valid and nurturing.”

“Your perspective has guided me now to this moment, as well as your compassion to one such as myself. Such a thing, I find it...uncommon. Rare, in fact. Perhaps I am to blame for such a disposition. I'm hardly a, how you say, a people person. The people I am used to do not forgive, and so, I have become dispassionate to the possibility of being influenced by someone as well natured and well adjusted to the possible truth of things such as yourself,”
Valborast said and swallowed hard as he was faced with a moment where his thoughts revealed his own flaws and his tongue hestitated to invite critique to his mental conduct and framework.

The archetexture of his mind was being reshaped with each word. And the thought, daring, hopeful, and with a tinge of trepidation that required a different breed of courage.

“How do you measure a lifetime of self improvement and embetterment which relies, which is predicated upon, viewing oneself as better as others, with this atonement you speak of. I do not want to betray myself, yet, I am found wanting for your good example of a more hopeful existence, one without fear as the cornerstone, without this...bitterness which atrophies my humanity. I see that now. But, such is a long overdue....dare I say, revelation. Yes, revelation. Although I am again loathe to be seen as one who regrets what they have done. I do not. But I regret what I am becoming should I stay my course of attitude. What's more, I fear my own deductions might lead me astray if I sequester myself as is my habit. The creation of Riven was caused by my refusal to admit the truth of things. That is to say, well, speaking plainly, I trust you. Thank you for your patience.”

But a sudden stab of imagined injury struck at him.

He turned to looked at Seluria with something akin to fear as he spoke softly at a sudden realisation.

I hope I am not seen as some pitiful stray by you. Such a perspective on my self would wound me deeply. I pray it is not so.”

His eyes carried with it a tender vulnerability that threatened to flash with the old defenses that rose up to greet the moment. But his recent experience belayed such a summoning. Seluria's next words could seal his fate of attitude, for good or ill.

Seluria Estel'Narqua

Last edited:
Rulgak had been drinking at her table throughout the festival, The forge was closed, for there wasn’t any work to be done on the day of the festival. She wasn’t about to task anyone on this day – she might be strict, but she wasn’t cruel. Which was something the apprentices would learn in time. Rulgak saw them about in the crowd, including the one she had ushered way from the Wyvern's Nest earlier, they avoided Rulgak for the most part. She didn’t mind, they worked hard enough to deserve their day of rest. The others would stop and chat on occasion, though Rulgak remained a solitary creature at the festival, for the most part.

One she had not seen yet was Agatha. Rulgak was sure she was around, she knew her younger sister well enough to know she'd not be elsewhere. But while she’d seen several of the smiths so far, she hadn’t seen any sign of her yet. If Rulgak stayed put where she was, she might not get to see her at all before the festival ended. After drinking the remainder of beer in her mug, she finally rose from her seat and began to mill about. She hadn’t much clue where Agatha was, but the aimless search was a good reason to see the rest of the grounds and revellers. Rulgak wandered slowly though the crowd, taking in the sights and sounds of the ongoing festivities around her as she did.

She’d eventually see her conversing with Helena over a bunch of coloured stones. Likely a gift, though she could only guess at who was the gifter and who was the recipient. Curious, Rulgak made her way over to see more, giving the two of them a nod of greeting as she approached with a single word uttered.

“Hail.” Rulgak simply spoke.

Agatha Helena

Last edited:
Abrielle glanced down as his hand briefly brushed across a small pouch. Was he worried that she had merely come to steal from him? While Abrielle did have half a mind to steal a couple things from him, none of them would fit inside a tiny pouch. Or so she hoped.

She smiled warmly at Wesley and turned around to face him, tucking her legs under herself. He was so shy and awkward that it was absolutely adorable! Not that she wasn't shy herself. It wasn't everyday that she found herself striking up conversations with random handsome men that she happened across. But it was nice to talk to somebody other than a fellow memeber of the Order.

"Oh I've been having a wonderful time! Well... except for having to serve drinks at the start there. Other than that, its been fun! Singing and dancing..." Her cheeks flushed a deep red as the memeory of dancing with Lorinna and Hector flashed through her mind. Abrielle hastily shooed the memory away, praying that Wesley hadn't noticed.

"A-Anyway... I haven't seen you around here before. Did you come here alone or are you from one of the visiting groups?" Abrielle asked curiously.

Wesley Argent

Last edited:
Wesley ran a hand through his shaggy, auburn hair still not certain where to look.

"Well I am glad you have enjoyed yourself my lady,"
Gods she was chatty...not that he minded but for a man whos name she did not even know the lady was very willing to give out information.

"I was sent here alone to retrive something for my ruler." A lopsided grin on his face now as a thought of the honour to be sent here, man alone, to recive something so important for Esmerelda.

Sucking up the courage, he looked at Abriella now - properly looked at her. She had beautiful eyes...should he say that? He should say that.

Gulping down the anxiety, he did. "You have beautiful eyes." Immediately Wesley felt warmth rushing to his cheeks and looked away trying to play it off as he scratched the back of his neck.

Abrielle Huxley

"Ooh! My lady... You certainly have a way with words, good sir." Abrielle teased with a playful giggle. Though she would be lying if she said that she didn't love the way he had addressed her.

"You have beautiful eyes..." His words echoed in Abrielle's mind as she, who up until that point, had felt sure in the fact that there was nothing that he could say that would surprise her, froze in shock. She could feel her cheeks instantly grow hot as her brain scrambled to process the words. Under normal circumstances, an out of the blue comment like that would have rewarded the compliment giver with the full force of Abrielle's fury. This was different. Maybe it was because she was partially inebriated, but Abrielle decided to just accept the compliment. Though nervous, the young man had clearly meant his words.

"What? You can't just say-... I... T-thank you" Abrielle stuttered shyly. Any thoughts she had as to where she would try to direct the conversation had been shattered by four simple words. Abrielle was now sailing unfamiliar waters. "Youhavebeautifuleyestoo!" she blurted out, and immediately regretted the way the words had just tumbled out of her mouth in a mess.

Abrielle readjusted her position and sat close to the handsome young man, her shoulder lightly brushing against his arm. "U-Umm.... I know this is a bit late... But my n-name is A-Abrielle." Abrielle knew it was proper to ask for his name in return, but she was struggling to get any words out as it was, so she just sat there next to him looking into the starry night sky.

Wesley Argent

Last edited:
Wesley had never expected much conversation with Abrielle, originally he had thought she was just after a place to sit away from the crowds. Now though, he doubted that assumption.

"Wesley, my name is Wesley Argent." As their shoulders grazed he re-adjusted his position to one more relaxed, arms now stretched out slightly behind him.

"Its a pleasure to meet you Lady Abrielle." Wesley took her smaller hand and kissed the top of it lightly. He had to assume she was lady regardless for if he has to only call her by her name...well then his lessons had been for null.

Then she complimented his eyes, well more blurted it. He was not sure if it was simply wanting to exchange a compliment out of politeness or if it was genuine, regardless he appreciated it.

Abrielle Huxley

Wesley... A good name for such an attractive man... Abrielle's thoughts were cut short as Wesley gently took her hand, and she blushed deeply as he proceeded to kiss her hand.

This can't be real... Abrielle thought. Men in the real world didn't act like that. At least the ones that she knew didn't. While they were kind and respectful for the most part, they couldn't hold a candle to the way Wesley was treating her. Chivalrous men like him only existed in the romance stories that she spent most of her free time reading. "Its a... pleasure to meet you too, Wesley."

She allowed him to hold her hand for a few short moments. It was a wonderful feeling, the warmth of his large hand gently holding her much smaller hand. Abrielle gave his hand a light squeeze before pulling away and folding her hands in her lap. Casting her eyes downward, she sat in a long drawn out silence before she could muster the courage to speak again.

"I'm sorry if this has been awkward or weird," Abrielle said quietly. "I-Its just that... I haven't had much experience talking to handsome men such a yourself." Another long pause. "I-..." Abrielle sighed heavily. "N-nevermind."

Wesley Argent

The woman smiles softly. Her hands fold in front of her and the moon glints across her hair like newly fallen snow. "It is not pity...nor is it atonement to others I was implying, when it came to that word."

"It is for yourself."

The Seer's next words are slow, and carefully spoken. "You carry a weight with you that perpetually hangs over you like a cloud. One born of years and years of experience, pain, habit, and refinement. It is a good thing...and like a second edge to a sword, also a bad thing. You say you wish to be better, and yet... how long have you been in the state you are now? How long have you stagnated like still water until you began to speak these things aloud and understand yourself all the better?"

There is a glint of encouragement in her gaze. "Perhaps there are others that you have clashed with in the past. Perhaps some you regret, and some you do not. But it is foolish to ask a river to bend and create a lake, when the source is blocked." With this, she gently pokes him in the chest with a finger.

"And you have already made the first step to freeing it with this discussion." Seluria's close-lipped smile widens and shows neat, straight teeth.

Valborast Valchek

The uncomfortable sensation of being appraised so mingled with the pleasantness of such compassionate attentions. Valborast didn't quite know how to place his arms in this moment, nor where to place his eyes, for fear they would linger too long upon one who gave him such council. Too imploringly. Eyes that he knew could return to carrying scorn so easily when Seluria didn't deserve such a withering by virtue of his internal dialogue.

He thought on hints of this line of conversation in the past. So many times he had dismissed the helping hand with his own gaze. A mere look of that realm of expression he dared not let slip now. Memories of such moments caught him, a tremor of consternation upon his brow. The habit of loathing, a shield oft raised.

He didn't want to risk having her see such a look as he figured his own self out in this moment. And so he looked briefly at her, at her smile, sealing it within his mind, and drew distant, for fear of seeing that smile warp into something else at his own expression which at this moment, he felt less sure of. Less rendered to his whim and more vulnerable to appearing true to his uncertainty.

The memory of that smile was sealed in his mind as he looked away. He felt pained that his own instinct was not to smile but to turn away.

But Valborast did not realise the truth of it. The truth that when he saw her smile, he offered a small smile of his own at the sight. Quickly controlled and forgotten in his own thoughts. But it had been there. It had existed despite himself. And was extinguished because of himself.

You're...kind,” Valborast uttered. He wet his lips and took a few steps away, afraid of being so judged as he gauged his thoughts. Resisted talking to Riven. Resisted walking away and returning to himself as it was, instead favouring of what could be.

Nothing else for it.

You're kind to offer me of all people this direction. I won't lie. This is...difficult.”

A gust of wind, the grass swayed, and Valborast felt a comfortable chill.

Have you always had a talent for...acting with such grace? To people who aren't used to this sort of...good nature,” he said, looking at the stars. He grew somber, and decided that he knew the conclusion where he brooded on his own, and looking imploringly at Seluria instead of looking out alone at a nightscape he was never born under.

I don't want to be a source of regret to you. For standing here, telling me all these wise things tonight. I sometimes think that the others regret having spent time with me. Talking to me. I don't mind.”

He sighed and grew soft in tone.

But, I don't think I could bear it if you felt that way.”

Seluria Estel'Narqua

"What do you mean, what?" she teased. "Can't a girl just be happy to get a gift?" she smirked, and went on revealing the prizes brought to her home.

The last of the layers came free, and there before them both lay six stones. It set the fine hairs across Helena's arms to stand, her skin to pimple and goose.

"My," she said with wonder in her eye, and a smile spread wide across her face. "I think," she said at Agatha's question. "That you've outdone yourself this time, Ags," she covered them quick, as if letting them shine, glimmer, and luster with the light of spells for too long would invite ill upon them. Put them neatly back into the bundle they had come from.

Might be she could pay her good sister back with something made from these stones.

She held the gifts close to her bossom, then swooped in to give Agatha a strong hug. "Thank you, Ags, these are wonderful,"

A voice cut from behind them.

Hail.

Helena turned to find Rulgak. She smiled, and bowed to the finest blacksmith their order had to offer. "Well met, Syr Rulgak," she said, playful in her formality. She rose, and lifted the bag so full of precious prizes. "Your good sister has given us quite the bounty this year," she said, and offered the smith the bundle. "Magick stones." she whispered with excitement.
"Might do well in some fine armor, or weaponry?" she asked with a quirked brow.

Rulgak Agatha

Come the traveler, a whisp of blue and gold, pulsed red. Shaped as a man who strode confident across the space of the small home, whose walls were blue curtains of mist, speckled by stars. His hands moved tenderly, blurs that curled delicate round the little fire as poofs and swirls of blue and grey turned to orange spiraled from the hearth.

The children stared, awe struck, and enraptured.

Some spoke here and there, played other things still, but their eyes would catch the dance of lights, the show of smoke and misty reflections.

The little flame, in the hearth, roared back to life. Healthy, strong, it burned bright and warm before it dulled. The traveler bent close to it, and seemed to share something with the little flame, who listened on in its earth. Eyes wide and full, as the children's were. Full of interest and wonder. Curiosity. Desire. All those things that life so often held dear in its depths. Landscapes bloomed around the man and the spirit. Mountains, cliffsides, forests with trees as tall as their tent. The sea, the desert, the frigid plains of the north.

Till all that remained was the twin moons in the sky above them, their forms eased and rested till the break of a new day. A flicker of sadness across the little flame, a motion that invited from the traveler. The flame smiled wide, and hopped into the traveler's heart. Small and worried, it shined with fear from within the traveler's chest, as he strode through the forests and mountains and sands all again. At night, the Traveler bent low, and made a small home for the fire, who burned through the night as the traveler slept.

Darkness swirled around the little flame and the space it lit, eyes and teeth and claws all gnashed and raked there in. But the fire spirit burned bright all the same. Kept those things away. Till the sun came new, and the traveler greet it come morning dew. And again they set out, into a new day.

The world about them changed and turned, and shift again. Till Innis' last words came finished, and the dream of loch's light was but a lone man, striding along, with a fire in his heart. Happy to be.

Till even they turned to twinkling dust, and but the cool blue mist of the show lingered there above all huddled 'neath the canvas of the tent.

"Well done," Bebin said to Innis. Proud smile curled beneath his proud whiskers. He bowed his head to her, with eyes still shut as the play of light fade away.

Innis

'Glad you think so,' Agatha replied, her voice muffled as Helena caught her in a hug. Such open displays of affection were rare in her line of work. Normally it was all veiled eyes and crooked smiles. But this... this made all the toil and bullshit worthwhile. 'Just don't ask what it took to get them,' the she-orc laughed, grinning sheepishly as she stepped a few paces back, 'Not that I would tell you if you did.' No, Agatha knew how to keep a secret.

'Sides, appearing more mysterious than you actually were had its charms. Sometimes.

A familiar face appeared over the Knight-Captain's shoulder, and Agatha felt her heart start to beat a little faster as Rulgak joined them. Allowing Helena to make the introductions, the Blackshield studied her sister closely. Time and distance had not effected her memory none. The blacksmith was still just as thick in the arm and as broad across the shoulders as Agatha remembered. Indeed, put a blade in her hand and you'd be hard-pressed to tell she had given up the warrior trade at all.

'I'm sure she would make either work,' Agatha cut in, a small lilt to her voice. 'Hail, sister mine, and well met,' she took a step toward the orc smith, sizing her up like she would a rival captain seeking the same contract. 'Looks to me like you've grown soft in the year since I saw you last. And what's this? A small smile for your favourite sister in the whole wide world?'

Meeting Rulgak's eye, Agatha seized her, drew her close for the mother of all hugs. 'See!' The Blackshield called to Helena. 'Any other occasion and she'd have taken her hammers to me by now.'

Helena Rulgak

The Star Seer tilts her head faintly, then shakes her head to herself and steps forward until she closed the gap again, moving to sit down in the grass and look skyward. "I think a lot of people go into a conversation with a goal. And more often than not, even if harmless, that goal does have a selfish intent."

The woman chuckles softly, knowing well how the man may react given his vices. "Yet- on that same coin, there is altruistic intent. Many just lose sight of how easy it can be to turn the coin over. So it feels heavy, and as large as a wagon wheel." Seluria turns her hand one way or the other. "I do not regret spending time with you, Valborast. It is good to see you grow. It is also good to see that you may not be as buried as you might think in weal and woe." She points a finger at the ever present slight smile on her lips now to indicate that she had caught the small smile he had stifled earlier.

Her gaze wanders to the sky again. "As for me... It is something I have had to keep for myself, as a choice. Even among the Anathaeum, we are all capable of social sins. I am no stranger to such, even if I benefit from my appearance causing more friendly than unfriendly reactions. I have once had to find a way to help a village that was convinced I should be burned at the stake as a spirit." Her red eyes glittered in amusement, but even despite that there was a hint of pain. "...somewhere, somehow, the races lost sight of empathy. It is hard to teach, and easy to lose. And yet, it is beneficial for all."

"I suppose I see something in you, that drives me to see what you can become if given a different direction to thrive..." She pauses, then laughs gently. "...and maybe because it is the tiniest bit fun to get you to smile when no one else can." She pinches her fingers a bit, giving him a shy grin. "Your face changes entirely when you do, you know. In a good way."

“Magic stones..” Repeated Rulgak, her eyes fixed on the bag Helena offered. Taking hold of it carefully, she inspected the bag by feel and heft alone. It was hard to determine the potency of the stones without the tools available in the smithy, but she needed little evidence considering the source of the gift had been her trusted sister. Still, she remained curious as to what works she could craft with them, as was Helena.

‘I’m sure she would make either work’ Spoke Agatha, and Rulgak turned to her at the words with a most subtle smile.

“Ah, sister.” Rulgak replied in the same stoic tone she ever did, though her posture conveyed what her voice did not.

'Looks to me like you've grown soft in the year since I saw you last. And whats this? A small smile for your favourite sister in the whole wide world? ' Agatha continued, and Rulgak's slight smile turned into a smirk.

“Looks like you got shorter to me. Most favoured and least favoured.” She teased with a soft chortle. Both statements were technically true when Agatha was her only sister.

“Ah, you're the best family I could have.” Rulgak added. She met Agatha's hug with one of her own, tossing her hefty arms around her dead sister in turn.

'See! Any other occasion and shed have taken her hammers to me by now.' Agatha added, causing Rulgak to furrow her brow and give her sister a playful punch to her shoulder. A light hit by orcish standards, it was still a solid strike by human standards. Though, the continued chortle from Rulgak made her endearment clear.

They'd always gotten along just like this.

Helena Agatha

"No! No! Not at all...." Wesley was glad Abriella had decided to break the silance between them but he still had nothing to say.

Though it was not out of a lack of wanting to know more but merely a fear of sounding foolish. Just relax Wesley, you might not know it but maidens love you...for some reason only the gods would know.... He could hear Kizzens voice in the back of his mind and for some reason, decided to listen to it.

Slowly, Wesley lent over Abriella with half his body and pointed to the sky. "Where I'm from, we call that constellation The Great Helm."

He began to trace the air as if connecting the dots and when he finished he looked down at the beauty, his eyes locking onto her hers with a lopsided smile for a small moment which to him, felt like a lifetime.

Abrielle Huxley

He's too close! Abrielle's heart began to pound wildly as Wesley leaned over her, feeling almost as if it were attempting to burst out of her chest. What was he doing?! She was more than a little disappointed when it turned out he was just pointing out a constellation in the sky. She followed his finger as he traced the shape, but try as she might, just couldn't make it out.

Wesley looked down at her with his goofy smile. The smile that gave her all sorts of thoughts and ideas that she knew shouldn't be acted upon. Well, not for the moment at least. Who knew what the night had in store for them?

She returned his smile with a soft smile of her own, and put her arm around Wesley's waist, pulling herself against him. "Back in Vel'Anir we called this one the Eastern Dragon." Abrielle leaned her head against his shoulder as she drew out a zigzagging line connecting some stars just above the treeline. Lowering her hand, she gently placed it on his chest.

Abrielle snuggled closer to Wesley, tilting her head to look up at him. She still wore the soft smile as she as she gazed into his eyes, content to just enjoy his company. Though she was a bit worried about how long she could keep those intrusive thoughts at bay.

Wesley Argent

Helena laughed as the two sisters exchanged words and affections. She had no siblings of her own, not by blood. And even those who were her kith and kin amongst the Order, well, never quite felt so close to her. Yes, she would give her life for theirs, trust and hold them to the honor their bonds dictated.

But even as a squire, she had always felt, apart.

A tree that stood alone amidst the forest. One that grew tall and sure. Faster than most. Her smile was touched by a hint of melancholy. Even as all the lights and songs dazzled and swung in the distance behind them. Mayhaps that was why she felt a kinship to the wandering Agatha. She saw in the young mercenary, some part of herself she had shed some years ago.

"Well," she said to the pair of sisters, and gave them each a bow in turn. "I'll let you two catch up then," she smiled at Agatha. "Don't be a stranger, Ags, pay me a visit before you head on out for the trail?" she winked. "Could be we can grab a cup of tea," she laughed. "With that, I shall away," she bowed once more, and made away, boots crunching softly in the snow.

Rulgak Agatha

• Cry
  • Sip
Reactions: Rulgak and Agatha
His constilations, her constilations....some place called ? What was it? Viel Air?

Wesley had no clue, it all blurred and before he could stop himself, his had his hand behind her neck and kissed her.

His mind ran away with him and all at once he felt his senses shoot through his body second later and pulled away.

Jumping to his feet he immediately apologized.

"Lady Abriella, I apologize."
What. An. Idiot.
"That was very un-gentlemenly of me."
Without a second thought and filled with pure embarrassment he lifted the women quickly and gently to her feet without a hiccup.
He picked non existent grass out of her hair as he fumbled to find his words, "Can I get you something to drink? Or....or... do you want me to go? I am really sorry that was completely out of line."

Wesley took a few steps back, rubbing the back of his neck with his eyes cast to the floor and in all honesty expecting a good, old fashion slap.

Abrielle Huxley

A small surprised squeak escaped Abrielle as Wesley suddenly kissed her. Her first kiss! ...And it was with some gangly doofus that she barely knew. Just her luck. So much for all her dreams of kissing princes and knights in shining armor.

But Abrielle found that she didn't really mind. While Wesley might not have been a prince, or even a knight, he had shown her more care and respect than any other man she had known. Even now he was more concerned with taking care of her and making things right, than he was about making excuses for his actions.

Abrielle studied Wesley silently. "...Why'd you stop?" she asked after a moment, a sad frown grew on her lips. "I appreciate your concern, I really do. But I don't mind kissing you." She stepped forward and looked up at him. Damnit! Why did he have to be so tall?

Reaching up, Abrielle gently grasped his soulder and brought him closer. The second he was in reach, she hungrily took his lips with hers. Abrielle guided him back down to sit on the ground, and straddled his legs, never once slowing down or breaking the kiss.

They kissed for what seemed to be hours to Abrielle, before she finally had to pull away. Abrielle's face tingled and her heart was pounding in her chest, but she didn't care. She kissed Wesley once again, this time slowly and tenderly. "Honestly... Once we got to talking, I had kinda hoped something like this would happen." Abrielle admitted as she leaned against him and smiled.

Wesley Argent

Last edited:
Thanks,” Valborast said flatly and sat himself down. He didn't quite know how to receive the compliment and well wishes, he felt firmly disarmed from his entrenched embitterment that was his default position. But something within him was touched that he might receive something so very germane, and he did his best not to shake it away as if it were an unwelcome sensation. He had the feeling of dread about himself that this wasn't to last somehow, so made precious each, in his mind, fleeting moment before he might say something which would reject the spirit of civility. Of companionship.

This was the surface after all. The old rules didn't apply here. But old habits kept him alive in the court, and faded faintly from his person, measure by measure by Star Seer's presence. He mulled over the words, considering how to respond to the thought of being someone's project to make smile. Instead of a plaything to instruct to murder, fight, defend the fanged, lead the commandos, commit foul deeds, speak foul sorceries...

All his years of serving within the vampires had taught him a strange kind of empathy, the kind of empathy that made one all too aware of when one was being considered as a potential victim. Looking for cruelty when there was so much more malice brimming beneath the surface. Valborast knew himself to be softened, in small measure, by his time on the surface and the knightly order. And now this element of grace towards his nature.

He decided, much like his moments studying to spite the darkness with understanding of the light, that if there was some secret to humanity to be learned, he would learn it. And so he squandered in his mind the genuine moment being had to serve his own purpose, in a strange and roundabout way to becoming a more compassionate person in the only ice cold fashion he knew. But, though mechanical in thought and method, the feeling was true, even if fostered by strange and erstaz method.

Empathy meant something different where I came from. Here, it means that you are sensitive and malleable to others disposition,” Valborast said clinically, biting back the words that might reveal him as being somewhat divorced from the concept, yet unaware of his own admission of understanding was entirely flawed in it's approach, “Down below, in Zakron, it meant something different. That further tests and seasoning was required. But anyhow. You almost got burned at the stake? Whatever for? I can't imagine it. Do people really burn each other instead of the damned kin here on the surface? That fate was strictly for traitors to the Court where I came from. What reason would they have to burn someone like you? You're the image of splendidness, why would anyone be afraid of you?” Valborast said in increasing incredulity. He had dealt with far more gothic visages of monstrosities instead of Seluria's own form.

Seluria Estel'Narqua

Abrielles next move was something he would never have expected. Never before had Wesley experienced a women so interested in him, wanting to he with him - ladies of the night aside.

When she pulled away he was breathless and even his sight was slightly dazed. He was lost in a moment that he felt would last forever.

As the pair sat their in silence, Abriella resting against his chest, a small breeze picked up. Asking his lady to shift slightly, Wesley took off the fur he had worn and drapped it over Abriella. As he did both forearms were exposed as he had worn a short sleeve tunic under is leather armour and coat, the left covered in a fresh tattoo.

Abrielle Huxley