Fae Courts The Delights of the Wild Hunt

Threads open to all members of the Fae Courts group
Arriving late wasn’t like Luella, despite the fact that everyone knew fae parties rarely had a beginning or end, they simply begun and just as suddenly could end. However, as she entered, Luella knew that she was late because she had missed something important. There were whispers and hushed giggles— something Luella had come to find obnoxious at parties. There was always that voice in the back of her mind that suggested it was her, that everyone knew something that she didn’t. The rumors were kept from her in her youth at the Winter Court, only brought to light when everything was too late. Regardless, Luella told herself, no one could be speaking about her. Whatever had just transpired was larger than her, and for this, she was thankful to be so plain at the festivities.

However, Luella stood out regardless to some. She noticed many female fae were naked and covered in paint or had some sort of semblance of clothing. Luella could recall a time when she too used to dress in a fashion to highlight her favorite features: the length and curve of her neck, prominent collar bones, and the slight, sharp bump of her hip bone delicately revealing itself as she walked with a sway that was common for all fae. Now, her body was strong, whenever she moved one could see the bulge of muscle in her calf or bicep, notice how sometimes tight fabrics had issues containing the flexed muscle. Her favorite features were still her neck and collar bones, but through extended use of her body, her shoulders seemed less petite, more wide and sturdy. Her clothing did nothing to hide this, although it hid Luella better than some of the other cloths adorning the fae. She was painted as well, swirls and splashes of paint covering her from the tips of her fingers and toes and reaching up to the bottom of her inner thigh and bicep. Her garments matched the festivities of a butterscotch yellow that was matched with mauve details, all of this done to match her vibrant lavender eyes.

Barefoot like the others, Luella began to make her way around the room, wanting to pick up on the gossip. Something about the prince? Someone was bleeding? A fight? Luella’s pursed her lips, looking around the space, and not receiving the scent of blood. It must have been just some mundane quarrel, not a real fight. Disappointing. Luella had thought something interesting had taken place, but maybe she had her hopes up way too high. After all, this was a party celebrating the Wild Hunt. While it was her first she had attended, she doubt the acts of bloodied violence would take place. Upon finding that this search for interesting gossip was going nowhere, Luella decided to find something of more substance.

Having not made many friends yet, or possibly ever considering she always looked tired or irritable when someone approached her, Luella knew conversing wasn’t going to delight her. Neither would dancing, really, as she hadn’t enjoyed the act in centuries. She could stuff her face with sweets, but even that was momentary despite how enjoyable it was. Her feet stopped, glancing at the gambling tables. Gambling had always intrigued her, not because it looked fun, but because to the best of her knowledge, it had been the Balsinde’s downfall. She could never understand why anyone would enjoy losing, or to rely on luck to win. Did any of this require any skill at all? Luella felt like if it had, then her family would never have lost so catastrophically.

Tiptoeing closer to the area, she began to meander through the different tables, seeing different games being played. She would stop and watch for a bit, slowly learning the rules, and slowly finding more disgust. This was… supposed to be fun? A grumpy expression began to grow on her face, her lavender eyes narrowed further as a crease began to form between her furrowed pale blonde brows. Yet her curiosity kept her going, wondering which game it was that her father and grandfather enjoyed so much.

Asemir lounged at a one of those tables, sitting amidst a cadre of various fae; duanann, a black shuck, a forest nymph of questionable skill, a sidhe, and a druid. It felt like the start to a bad joke, and to be perfectly honest he wasn't sure it would end any better for him tonight. Turns out the cwn that owed him was now suddenly owed by the black shuck sitting across from him. So if he wanted his dues, he had to win it.

He was feeling pretty confident in his hand. The Shalaak table was fresh, the dealer was quick, the booze was flowing, and the cigar perched in his mouth had just been cut. A good start to a long night, even if it was the bad punchline to a joke. Asemir had no mind to tossing in a few extra gems to the pile. Triumvir of the Dusk Court be-he-as-he-may, would not miss an opportunity to use one of his Omnia's visions for the evening to his advantage.

Play threes. Beware the arrival of an old friend's foul mood. Don't breathe the purple smoke.

Wise words, Aster. Wise words.
Asemir picked up another hand with a third 3, schooled his poker face to mechanical soundness, and raised the pot another two gems.

The sidhe folded. Ase reached for his bottle of wine only to find it rather empty.

"Well shit."

The retired Hound rubbed a hand over his chin and contemplated how badly he wanted to win this round versus how badly he wanted a fresh bottle. Then his eyes skated over the arrival of a dove-colored fae he'd not yet encountered before. Brow raised, Asemir leaned to swipe the bottle from his neighbor. Empty. Damnit.

"We've an empty seat," he nodded to the one at his right, "would the Lady like to join us? Buy in is my treat." That was his generosity talking, not the booze.

Luella Balsinde

Cèilidh Trahan could have chosen anytime to reenter the world of the Fae, but she had chosen the Wild Hunt to reappear after one thousand years. She was very late to the party and seeing as she was not expected, she did not think anyone would mind. Her eyes roamed around the gathering and she spotted a few faces that she recognized and many that she did not.

The various states of dress and undress made her feel rather overdressed. Her white hair flowed around her face and down her back in its natural waves, creating a stark contrast to her outfit. The outfit in question was a long, flowing black dress with a deep v that accentuated her breasts and showed off her delicate gold necklace that nestled there. The gold chain that she would never be seen without. The gold chain that was her most prized possession.

She slowly walked through the different gathered groups until she spotted a face she knew well. The tall, scarred male that had once been a friend before he left the Winter Court and she went into her self-imposed exile. He had fought along side Traynor and they had grown close. Well as close as two warriors can be. She had not seen Asemir in some two thousand years. He looked the same and it brought a small amount of comfort that not everything in her world was different.

Cèilidh ignored everything else going on around her as she made her way to the table where he sat playing cards. She saw the conflict he was currently having with the wine bottles and she quickly grabbed two as she walked towards him. She mentally prepared herself to talk to someone other than the few people she had had contact with these last years. As she came up on his left side, she spoke softly and held out one bottle.

"Asemir, you seem to be having some issues with both the wine and the cards."

Her voice held a hint of humor, but the smile did not reach her eyes as she looked at him.

Asemir

Last edited:
Dianthe was enjoying the company, and the arms of Midir as they danced. She hadn't been this close to another fae since her initial embrace when she found Asemir again. Her cheeks were softly flushed, from alcohol or closeness she did not know.

Midir's hands slid down to her hips, lifting her with ease as he spun. She slid her hands from his shoulders to drape around his neck. A smile played on her lips as she tilted her head at his question.

"I learned a lot in my solitude. I learned from the plants, the animals. I learned who I wanted to be and what I wanted from the world. There is a lot to be discovered when you pull yourself away from others." She laughed softly. She was sure she seemed odd to Midir, but it had seemed to make sense to her.

She met his eyes with her own, her cheeks now fully flushed. "I'm sure it must seem so silly to you. A fae of your stature." She bit her lip, her gaze sliding from his. Maybe it had been a mistake, coming back. They would all probably find her to be foolish.

Luella had found herself coming towards a table that held an assortment of fae at the table, curious as to how everyone looked so serious or uncaring. With most of the tables she had passed by, it seemed many held looks of anticipation or giddy nervousness. Here, things seemed cool, calm and collected. This was far more up her alley. It meant that things weren’t just up to luck completely. So she paused a bit longer here than at others, watching the last play which slowly tamed her surly look into something more captious at best.

In truth, Luella was so intent on the game she nearly ignored the words directed towards her, flickering her lavender gaze briefly at the duanann speaking the words, looking away just as quickly before looking back at him again. She tilted her head slightly, pausing before glancing behind her. He was speaking to her? Sure, he had looked in her direction and motioned towards the seat next to him. I’m acting like a sheepish child, Luella scolded herself which brought back that signature waspy look. She was stiff as she considered his offer, a hand going up to trace her right collar bone, a nervous tick she had never been able to get rid of.

Since you seem inclined to let money slip through your fingers, how can I refuse?” Luella said at last, her silvery voice showcasing that her words weren’t meant to be taken harsh, but more so cautionary. She sat down on the seat at his right, glancing at his hands and how they seemed to search for more wine. “I’ve never played much so I’m sure to lose, but your benevolence is appreciated.” She added as she looked back at the table, if only to keep her from gawking at the tattoos and scars—specifically the scars, which was always a rare sight. She sometimes wished she had some on her, if only to prove her discipline and determination.

Luella considered using her own funds if only to prevent this scarred fae losing more than he had intended, even if it was just a one time offer. However, she knew by doing that, losing would piss her off… and she was already surly enough as is. No one liked to be labeled as a sore loser anyhow. Which Luella was, but she didn’t want it to be known.

When the beautiful duanann clad in black approached the table, she was half expecting a name that she didn’t recognize. ASEMIR? Luella turned her head to the two, fully looking over the white-haired fae and also using it as an excuse to peek at the one called Asemir. Then back at the female. Something about her was quite familiar, although Luella couldn’t place if it was the sorrow in her pale eyes or if she was actually familiar. And, of course, the name Asemir… it couldn’t possibly lead to the legendary Asemir, a tactical battle god that nearly every fae child ranted on about when thinking about the time of fierce fae warriors and battles. Glancing up at the sky, Luella knew that her sitting next to someone of that stature was a fantasy; for the chance of her sitting next to someone she admired was equal to the chance she had at winning this round.

Asemir Cèilidh Trahan

As soon as the name Blackie left Isiell's mouth, Vaer knew he'd made a serious error. He cast her a dark look, though it was hardly menacing through puppydog eyes. It took a lot of willpower to keep his eyes from straying toward Favashi, who was no doubt keeping a close eye on the exchange.

Vaer swallowed his pride and submitted to the nickname, as bad as it was. It was not new, after all. And being pet wasn’t so bad. Maeve had soft hands and his ears were a little itchy back there. He leaned into her fingers for her to scratch deeper into his thick curly coat. And he agreed -- he was quite adorable. Any ire had vanished from his countenance and he smiled rather smugly.

And petting him apparently eased her enough to make her apologies. Vaer stayed within petting distance as the women exchanged words. Isiell was rather protective of this newcomer, and Vaer looked back to the young duanann knowingly. It was a threat, sure, but it was very mature of her. She’d grown a lot in her time away from her family, and he was glad to have been a part of that.

Vaer wagged his tail in agreement and licked Isiell’s hand. A rather wet lick, of course; he wasn’t letting her off that easy. This hardly equated the favor he’d done her, but beggars couldn't be choosers.

Except now he could feel the goodbye in this exchange. No, no. She couldn’t leave!

Scooting closer, the great black shuck bumped his nose under Maeve's hand. He whined softly and gazed up through very, very sad eyes.

He wasn't paying particularly close attention to the way the woman balked at his offer. Asemir's eyes were skating across his cards and keeping a sharp watch on the others at his table. He was listening, however, and he did note the several moments of fussy silence from her. Perhaps he'd finally come across a fae that recognized him for what he was and wasn't happy with what they saw. Not altogether totally uncommon for him.

The amount of death on his hands was appalling, really, but no worse than the amount on his brother's. It was pretty difficult to step into a crowd and not be near someone that hadn't lost a friend, family member, or loved one to their wars and hunts. Ase was about to take a breath and gently tell the floundering woman she need not join if she did not wish, but she cut him to the quick on his generosity.

“Since you seem inclined to let money slip through your fingers, how can I refuse? I’ve never played much so I’m sure to lose, but your benevolence is appreciated.”

Oh. Well then.

He leaned forward, withdrawing her buy-in from his stock and pushed it forward into the pot, then alotted a small pile for her from his current earnings to use on further bids. "Not to worry," he eyed her with a faint side smirk, "all games worth playing take time to learn. Best way to learn..." frosted blue eyes skated over the others seated at the table, "is, well... to lose."

"Yeah, yeah," the black shuck rolled his eyes, "make your play and teach us, oh Great Card Meiser."

That smirk returned, fleetingly pulling at the scars on his face as Asemir leaned forward to draw another card. A 3. He allowed a single brow to loft in intrigue. Aster you sly little-

"Asemir, you seem to be having some issues with both the wine and the cards."

"Wine, yes. Cards, no." He lifted a hand without looking up from the spread clutched by his chest, "Raising 4 Rumes. I'll explain the rules to you while they play their rounds," offered aside to Luella with whom he had no rising familiarity of. Now who was making a smart remark on his cards? Had Midir scared Dia off the dance floor so quickl- "By the moons," the man blinked in shock as he looked over at Ceilidh, "did you stumble out of a dream? Where hav-"

BANG. The forest nymph slammed her small fist against the table, "He's out! He left his seat!"

Asemir blinked, "I most certainly have not, one cheek remains."

The sidhe to Luella's right leaned over toward her, "Once you start playing you can't leave your seat. Not even to take a piss. House rules."

"One cheek he says! I saw that entire ass in the air!" the nymph's wings beat behind her, buzzing petulantly at her own stool.

Asemir scoffed, "Pim, don't take out your bad-hand-frustration on me. Someone get her a fresh drink so she settles down. Cece, where in the endless leagues did you come from? Join us, and let me help you with that wine..."

Last edited:
The unshed tears that welled up in her eyes at Isiell's kind offer fractured the green pools of her eyes into emerald shards. Quickly, Maeve blinked them away and then laughed breathlessly at her own stupid emotions.

"Thank you," she said earnestly and touched the other girls cheek affectionately. "He's just..." she glanced up at the sky as though she might somehow catch a glimpse of those raven wings and then sighed. If he had gone home she would be surprised. No doubt Raphael would drop her back and then go searching for him. They might even be gone a few days. Maeve wished so desperately that she could talk to someone about it all, from her own perspective. The sisters were so kind but... everyone on Endora loved Lorcan. She wanted some friends of her own.

Could Isiell be that friend? She glanced back at the dark-haired fury and smiled faintly.

I hope so...

"We're both learning where we stand with one another. I suppose that might take a few centuries," Goddess but did that still feel weird to say. She caught sight of Raphael beginning to weave he way towards her and gave another sigh and a shake of her head. "I should be going..." a wet nose against her hand made her blink and turn her attention to the dog with a much warmer, and brighter smile.

"Oh, I'm sorry Blackie. I do really have to go," she cupped the large 'dogs' face and pressed a kiss to his shaggy nose. "When I'm a bit more settled here, maybe you can both visit."

Raphael raised a brow as he caught her last sentence when he reached her side but hid it quickly with a graceful bow for Isiell and a clear "what the fuck" - there was no other way to describe it - look in Vaer's direction. Maeve looped her arm through his.

"It was nice to meet you," she grinned and then let Raphael guide her away from the festivities.

It was a goodbye! He gave one last little whine and licked her cheek when she kissed his nose. He could have said something then, could have given up this pretense to persuade her otherwise, but he didn't think that would go over so well.

Vaer wanted to be a little more ruthless to get his way -- he really, really did. But how she looked more concerned than mad, the gentle, sorrowful way she spoke about the Prince, the way the Prince had looked at her… He wanted to do everything in his power to win, but she seemed genuinely upset, and if Vaer was anything, he was a gentleman. There was far more at work here than a lover's quarrel.

He was losing. He had already lost before he'd come over here.

Vaer comforted himself with the knowledge that he might get an invitation to wherever she was going. She seemed friendly enough. If a small trip with Isiell to make a new friend and unearth more of the mysterious woman's secrets was the best reward he was getting from this, then he'd make himself content with that.

It wasn't going to make facing Favashi any easier. Quite the opposite, actually.

The moment Maeve left, Vaer turned to the table behind Isiell and himself. He snuffled around and walked a few paces to where a punch bowl was and, ignoring the overwhelming scent of alcohol his astute nose detected, began lapping it up. Straight from the bowl.

Luella couldn’t help but narrow her eyes at the word “lose.” She stifled her huff, and nodded her head at Asemir’s words. He was right, it was through losing that someone learned the most, however, it was her least favorite thing to do. But, glancing down as to where he had graciously given her a small pile to bet with, maybe this would be an excellent learning experience for her. Once more she glanced at him as he spoke, suddenly feeling a bit small.

Thank you,” She said at his offer to teach her the rules. Truth be told, she didn’t even know the name of this game for sure, she was assuming something akin to poker, but she had learned that that game could take on many different forms with many different rules. Luella was going to say more, another remark about her inability to win, if only to make it sting less when she lost. But then the forest nymph slammed her fist on the table.

She briefly looked between Asemir and the forest nymph as they exchanged words before meeting the Sidhe’s gaze. “Such an interesting rule,” Luella murmured, proffering the nicest smirk she could muster, “so how many have pissed their pants?” Before the Sidhe could answer, Luella looked over to her left, down at Asemir’s seat. May as well repay his charity.

Staring at the ass in question, and most definitely, one cheek is in,” Luella said, before looking at the Forest Nymph, “and I think I have a better view of it than you.” If it weren’t for her challenging stare, her words might be considered flirtatious. She leaned forward slightly, to make eye contact with the white haired fae, and softening her features, murmured, “It might be a good idea for you to sit down… somewhere.” There weren’t any open seats at the table, but she supposed a chair could always be pulled up, right?

Asemir Ceilidh Trahan

The Erlking did a surprising thing: he laughed.

It wasn't a cruel thing and perhaps that was what was so surprising about it. Instead it actually sounded joyful and a touch sad. When it finally died down he shook his head whilst a smile still played about his lips.

"My dear, you could not be further from the truth of it," the crown weighed heavy on whoever's head it sat. It was the cruel irony of a Parlour that a fae would never understand that until it was too late. He had thought it would bring him power, which it had, but he hadn't expected that it would also hand him a seemingly endless headache of responsibility. Too many wrong decisions, too many selfish thoughts and his subjects would die both in the fae and mortal realms. He banished the thought by dipping the woman low to the ground.

"I think most rulers would go so far as to say they envy you," he murmured quietly before tugging her back to her feet. From there they lapsed back into the easier steps of the dance. "So, is there a position in particular you have your eye on?" He raised a brow. It was usually power people were after when they approached him after all.

Cece, she had not been called by her nickname in such a long time and it made her smile. She had gotten it during a drunken night between herself, Traynor, Mab, and Asemir. Ase had given up forming the sounds of kay-lee and just started calling her Cece. Same number of syllables, but somehow easier on his drunken brain. She had just gone with it and it stuck going forward. It was only something the four of them knew though – the three of them. She frowned at her memories and took her first sip of the wine straight from the bottle.

Ceilidh set both bottles on the table and looked at the young woman who had just defended Ase’s ass to the forest nymph who had gotten very upset with him. She chuckled and looked around the table. There was no room for another chair and when the woman mentioned sitting somewhere, Cece did something very unlike herself. She looked at Ase and gracefully plopped down into his lap. “I will make sure that his ass stays in the chair from now on,” she said with a wry smile.

She leaned forward, suggestively slow, and grabbed the bottle of wine that she had already taken a drink out of. The duanann then settled back into Ase’s lap with her arm around his waist and her side against his chest, her head coming level with his shoulder. She had forgotten how tall he was. Her long legs rested comfortably between his strong thighs and loosely above the grass. “I came from my home, Asemir. Where I have been for one thousand years and you never bothered to check on me,” her voice held a tone of snarkiness and it was up to him if he believed she was really upset with him.

Ceilidh took a long drink from the bottle in her right hand and then snuggled in to look at her old friends’ cards. “Hmmm…these cards are terrible, Ase,” she took another drink from the bottle, “you’ve got mostly threes!”

Asemir Luella Balsinde

Last edited:
There were few things that the brothers all agreed on. Gambling was impossible against a master of secrets. Wulren dominated any test of strength, and Rerreno won any competition of charm. But to converse in brotherly comradery over a good drink was something that they all relished. As one, the trio made their way to the refreshments, only to find their options lessened by the steady 'lap lap lap' of a massive tongue as it plunged in and out of the spiked punch.

"I don't recall having a half-brother," Wulren joked, offering his more diminutive sibling a coy smile.

"Neither do I, but the resemblance in manners is uncanny," Varos retorted, his onyx eyes sending a dagger like look to the lord of War.

Of course, it was the Rerreno who would be first to address the shuck, stepping forward to stand beside his head. "What my brothers are trying to say is, just because we may take the form of a beast doesn't mean we should act like one. And should you find the reason, perhaps you could also find a more... self-cleansing drink." Punctuating his point, the diplomat reached over the bar, snagging himself a bottle of brandy and a glass.

Vaer Nhimei

Dianthe was caught off guard by the laugh, but it wasn't a cruel one like she had expected. She could feel the hint of sadness behind it and it pulled a frown from her lips. She had no idea the things he might have gone through to get where he is. He certainly didn't seem to think she was foolish.

They swayed as he appeared lost in thought. They were in their own world right now, their conversation driving out the other noises. He sent her into a graceful dip, and she felt her heart quicken at the suddenness of it. Her soft smile had returned, replacing the frown it had briefly worn.

"Maybe one day I can show you some of my secrets. Get you out of politics for even a day." Her voice was low and soft, matching his murmered response. It was a bit forward, but not as forward as what she was about to say to his next question.

A soft melodic laugh left her lips, and she looked at him impishly. She brushed light fingertips across his cheek, her eyes bright and her cheeks red. "There is something I have my eye on." She flicked her gaze up to meet his as she paused. "And he's already in front of me." It wasn't for power, she took no pleasure in such things. There was an attraction she wanted to pursue.

Midir

There was a lot of talk about his rear going on and Asemir wasn't entirely sure how he felt about it. One one hand, it was coming from the lips of two very attractive fae. On the other hand, he was well out of wine and reaching a point of sobriety that ass-remarks were beyond his mental wheelhouse to play ball with. Either way, the nymph settled, grumpily, and the game recommenced.

"For as long as we've been playing together?" the sidhe eyed Luella conspiratorially and mouthed the word everyone in return. He bobbed his brows at her, winked, and pointed to a large ceramic jug he kept by his seat. Empty, presumably. Hopefully.

Suddenly: Cece.

The retired Hound blinked at the woman in his lap, taking a moment to contemplate how to feel about this curious turn of events. Reflexively it felt improper for a myriad reasons. Cece was Traynor's mate. Traynor had been one of his closest friends - a brother, even, both in arms and in kinship. Traynor was dead. Let's not even mention the fact that Cece and Mab were thick as thieves.

Unexpectedly, however... this was a brilliant spot to be. There was wine, there was a beautiful woman lounging on him; she was warm and she smelled divine. Welp. Asemir relaxed into his seat again, cards fanned in his left hand which now rested over her knees, fresh bottle of wine in his right.

“I came from my home, Asemir. Where I have been for one thousand years and you never bothered to check on me,”

He took a long drink-

“Hmmm…these cards are terrible, Ase,” she took another drink from the bottle, “you’ve got mostly threes!”

-and proceeded to choke on it.

All eyes around the table grew wide. The black shuck burst out laughing. The sidhe raised an offended brow, quickly looked at his folded hand and swore. The forest nymph began to cackle. Only the remaining duanann at the table managed to hold his expression, frowned, wrinkled his nose, and tossed his cards away with a huff, "I fold."

Asemir sputtered, leaning to the side to keep from coughing on Cece's head, and quickly caught his breath, "Rule number one," the man pointedly set his wine bottle back on the table and looked to Luella, "never reveal your hand to anyone," and his free hand moved to give Cece's open shoulder a firm squeeze, "an-y-one. You almost ruined my game, Cece," that hand left her shoulder to wrap his arm around her in a warm one-armed hug accompanied by a kiss to her crown, "how I've missed you. Everyone draw two cards. Ah, you take seven total Miss..." he was looking at Luella questioningly.

Last edited:
Luella peered over at the ceramic jug, only noticing it now that the Sidhe had pointed it out. A wolffish grin appeared, all pearly white teeth bared, a caricature of a smile, although nowadays only smiled when she was bashing someone’s head in. Regardless of whether the Sidhe was joking or not, she still found it funny.

Interesting,” she mused, and when she glanced over to the duanann beside her, she was quite surprised to see that the female had found a seat. Or rather, a lap, to sit on. At least he wouldn’t be getting up again, but regardless, Luella raised a pale brow as she blatantly stared at the two.

Is having threes bad?” Luella asked, looking back at the Sidhe, and tilting her head as to why he seemed so upset. She then looked back at Asemir, or rather, her gaze glanced first at “Cece” snuggled against Asemir then went to look at him with a simpering look. Good for them, old and still getting it on, Luella thought, hopefully the same can be said for me when I’m their age.

I think I’ll be able to handle that, I won’t be having a pretty lady on my lap anytime soon,” Luella said, her gimlet gaze leaving Asemir and Ceilidh alone and focusing on the cards. She heard the kiss on the forehead, and figured she had stared enough already. She didn’t want to seem like she was some involuntary celibate, after all. As Asemir instructed, she drew seven cards, carefully making sure they weren’t seen by anyone, and placed them meticulously in her hand. The way she held her cards in one hand was almost a near perfect replica of how Asemir held his.

My apologies for not introducing myself earlier,” Luella said, lavender eyes glancing briefly to her left, “My name is Luella Balsinde.” She had long stop mentioning the title of House of Balsinde, despite the magnificent title it once was as being recognized as one of the Houses of Duanann. If she even caught a glimpse of a sneer, she was sure to see red. “And I haven’t quite caught your names?” Luella inquired, looking over at both Asemir and Ceilidh.

Asemir Ceilidh Trahan

• Sip
Reactions: Vaer Nhimei
"No, threes are fine. One of the small pleasures in life is messing with your friends," Ceilidh's voice was dripping with years of suppressing her dry sense of humor. "I'll be on my best behavior from now on, Ase. I promise." She took another drink of wine that she was holding in her right hand and resting on legs.

When Asemir's arm snaked around her waist and he planted a kiss on her head, she tenses momentarily. Maybe this had been a terrible idea. No, she needed this and she was with Ase, who she trusted more than some of her family. Cece relaxed again almost as fast as she had tensed. She hoped he would not notice. "I've missed you too."

Her hand drew circles on his upper back as the players drew cards. Ceilidh watched the blond as she drew her seven cards and held them like Ase was. This Fae was a quick learner and she could respect that.

When Luella asked for their names, Ceilidh answered without hesitation. "It is a pleasure to meet you. I am Ceilidh, Lady of House Trahan, you can call me Cece if you feel so inclined." She took another drink from her bottle and was surprised by how much she had already consumed of it.

"This," she tilted her bottle towards her very comfortable seat, "is Asemir. I would tell you his title, but we have already established he is a terrible friend and has not spoken to me in some two thousand year." Her glare only lasted a second before she winked at him.

Luella Balsinde Asemir

A innocuous hmmm rumbled within the man's chest at Cece's response, "As I recall, your best behavior was not particularly good."

And there, in his draw, the last of the threes. No wonder the other duanann had folded. The nymph and black shuck seemed on edge and were glancing at him over their cards. His own face inscrutable as ever, Ase collected his cards in his hand as he turned his attention back to the wine.

"Hold," said the nymph, reorganizing her cards carefully within her tiny hands. If Luella looked closed enough she might see that a few of them were being held up with wooden pins.

"My name is Luella Balsinde."

This drew a look from Asemir and a faintly raised brow. There was a name he hadn't heard in quite some time - which was probably for the better considering the shit the name had been dragged through over the more recent times. He made no comment on the matter - his time spent at Dusk had allowed him to fully withdraw from the grapevine of gossip. Luella had escaped his knowledge, but he made a mental note to inquire to his brother about the name later.

"Lord of Friendship Fouls," he tacked on to Cece's biting introduction of him, "and Master of the Silent Millenia," Ase sighed with a guilty look at Luella, "just Asemir will do."

"Raise 10 Rumes," the black shuck pushed forward to the center pot.

"House game is 13 High," Asemir spoke up, gesturing with a pointed finger of the hand that held his wine to Luella's cards, "object of the game is to fill your hand with as many cards as you can while remaining under 13. You can draw for free once each round to add. Additional draws cost 1 Rume each to the pot. Card swaps cost 5. Discard costs 10. A hold is a free pass on your turn, but once you get down to three players holds cost 20. Once the draw pile finishes you're stuck with what you have. Winner takes the pot."

To a wealthy Lord, those costs were like playing with pennies. Curious to see a Nymph so willingly fettering away wealth, but apparently she was doing well for herself here in autumn.

In bad habit, Luella’s eyes narrowed. She didn’t quite expect to recognize both names given. Quite frankly, the name Ceilidh Trahan, rang out to her the most. Ceilidh did look familiar for good reason, Luella remembered seeing her a few times, mesmerized by such a lovely looking fae. Now she held a different aura, which Luella supposed was why she couldn’t place her face to a name right away. Although, she couldn’t quite remember exactly when she had last seen Ceilidh at a social gathering, it had to have been a very long time ago when all her memories of parties were quite hazy. Luella doubt at that time she had to courage to speak to such a grand lady. Or she was drunk and fawning over fleeting crushes.

Back to Asemir, the fact that any fae could just give their first name, and nothing that tied them to family, meant that their first name was enough. All of a sudden, her face flushed, if only at her inability to be a bit more friendly. She had made quite a few snarky remarks, how insolent she must seem. Her lavender eyes glared at her seven cards, committing them to memory, as Asemir explained the rules. She supposed she didn’t have that bad of a first draw, nothing that made her think she would win, but it was something she could work with, and yet she scoffed. Anyone would think her hand was crap, not that she was regretting her words.

I’ve seen you before,” Luella said finally, “My family is from the Winter Court, it wasn’t that long ago when I lived there. It’s a pleasure to officially meet you, Lady Ceilidh.” Luella made sure to make her features less intimidating, trying not to scrunch her brows together, as she dipped her head in respect. “And it’s an honor as well to receive your instruction. Thank you, Lord of Friendship Fouls.” She added to Asemir, dipping her head once more, hair falling down and covering her smirky— oh, she couldn’t help the snarky jokes.

Whereas most would be giddy to be beside a person they admired, in Luella’s twisted mind, a different thought appeared. Competitive to a fault, looking back at her cards, she placed them face down on the table. There was a gold ribbon tied around her wrist and she used it to tie her platinum locks back. Anytime hair got in her face she couldn’t focus; she was used to her hair being tied behind her whenever she fought. Her chances of winning this was slim, and yet, she felt that heat rush through her. She wanted to win, and the agency of that thought glimmered in her stony eyes. If she couldn’t win, then she would be second place, at the very least, she’d be the only single Balsinde who could gamble and not lose it all.

So… who’s turn it then?” She asked a bit sheepishly, pulling up her cards in her hand discreetly. Whoops, she had forgotten to pay attention to that part.

Ceilidh Trahan Asemir

Ceilidh let out a low chuckle and decided that she was going to forever call Asemir the Lord of Friendship Fouls. She zoned out as Ase explained the rules to Luella. She simply sat there in silence and drank her wine. And then she drank some more wine. And then she finished the bottle that was in her hand. Well, I guess I need more of that, she thought to herself and reached for the bottle in Ase's hand.

She brought it to her lips with a sheepish grin and took a deep drink of it. She did not usually drink like this, but it had been a while since she had left her house and been around people. She thought she was prepared for it. She thought she would be able to handle it and now she knew that she was wrong. She would only be able to handle it with more wine. Spirits and wine had not been in short supply during the last thousand years so she was not about to get drunk on a single bottle. No, Cece needed to find more.

She handed Ase's almost empty bottle back to him and kissed him gently on the cheek before declaring, "I am going to go find more wine for us!" She looked over at Luella and asked, "would you like wine as well?" Ceilidh stood up so she was standing between Asemir's legs and smiled at him before stepping over his left leg. Her fingertips grazed his thigh as she stepped over.

Once she was freed from the confines of the table, she disappeared looking for wine. Ceilidh felt eyes on her and she could hear whispers about where she had been and how was she still alive after losing her mate. She lifted her chin and pressed forward on her singular, important mission. Wine.

Asemir Luella Balsinde

"Yours," said the black shuck quietly from behind his cards.

"That's Baenon," Asemir indicated with a nod of his head, "don't mind him he's just-" a pause as Cece extracted the bottle of wine from his hand, "...shy." The Lord of Friendship Fouls was the next one to narrow his gaze, but how in the nine realms was he supposed to be perturbed by anyone with that look on their face? His empty hand flexed its fingers through the air and instead found a place at Ceilidh's side ... but only for a moment before she departed his lap entirely. With a kiss on the cheek and a touch of his thigh to boot.

Stunned wasn't quite the right word for the look on his face, but surely the man was displaying some form of alarmed confusion for several moments.

The sidhe sniggered, "I'm Tensa, and I believe Pim has been introduced. That there is Edeir. We play here every other Taungsday if you want to join, that seat just opened permanently."

"May Malnor fly wild," Pim raised her tiny cup to the sky and drank.

"Took a spear to the head two hunts ago," Tensa whispered to Luella, "didn't get back up from that one. So far as I'm concerned you're a welcome upgrade."

"You're only saying that because she's pretty," Pim rolled her eyes.

"He's just hoping she's worse at this game than he is," Baenon interjected boredly before looking at Asemir, "Ase, you with us? ... Arethil to Ase. Come back to us. The moon is much too far away."

Asemir was frowning, brow furrowed and gaze following the retreating figure of Cece as she wandered back into the crowd. They'd been familiar with one another, but she'd never openly flirted with him like that before and he was confused. He definitely hadn't had enough wine for this level of complex mixed signals. "Right, well," he blinked and shifted in his seat, looking around the table expectantly, "Whose turn is it?"

Last edited:
Luella nodded her head at Cece’s offer for wine, realizing that she was actually thirsty. Water would be a better match, but Luella was hoping that maybe the wine would only help her hide her unfriendly expressions. Or even aid her, as she easily picked up on Asemir’s bewilderment due to Ceilidh. Luella began thinking about how something like that could be used to her advantage. Mostly, she wanted to best him.

Luella sat up straight, as her eyes went to each fae as they spoke. Quite unlike her, she gave a short huff of a chuckle, grinning once more. Twice in one night, and without a single drink in her, this was a strange development indeed. The group’s banter was funny, and some part of her did want in on it.

If it’s between my captivating looks or questionable wit, for Tensa’s sake I hope it’s the former,” Luella chimed in, “because then at least it could be said he has good tastes. If it’s the latter, well, I think I should warn all of you,” She said as she looked back down at her cards, pausing briefly before using 5 rumes for a card swap. A better hand than her original, but it could still use some work. “I’m only going to lose just this once if this game doesn’t end in five rounds.” The competitive glow resonated brightly in her lavender eyes, a subtle smirk resting on her petal pink lips. It was a foolishly brazen statement, one she would definitely regret, yet, it would also motivate her to do her best to keep herself from looking stupid.

I just went,” Luella informed Asemir, glancing at him with a raised brow. “Be careful, another title might get tacked onto you, perhaps, Admiral of Avid Absentmindedness?”

Ceilidh Trahan Asemir

A strange look passed over Midir's face as she uttered her barely veiled offer and it wasn't surprise.

Fae had thrown themselves at his feet as soon as he had put the crown on his head in the scores. In the beginning he had been content enough to use his position to have the most beautiful, the most talented, the ones who guarded their beds the most. For all his criticisms of his son he hadn't been much dissimilar to him in fact. But as the years had dragged on and he had learnt lessons a person only learnt when they walked in royal shoes he had realised that who he took to bed was as much as an important decision as any other. He had been used and manipulated, and whilst he was too proud to admit it out loud it had happened. Now he was into his 20th century on the throne Midir was a lot wiser.

"You are too kind, My Lady," he said and gently took her fingers from his cheek and brought the dance to an abrupt stop. "But if my bed is all you seek to gain from joining my Court, I must bid you rethink," there was a dangerous tone to his voice now. It wasn't a threat. In fact his tone was pleasant and soft. But there was a darkness, a danger that seemed to shift beneath his skin.

Ceilidh wound her way through the crowd on her mission. The first bottle of wine had started to hit her as soon as she stood up and started walking. Luckily, it did not take long for her to find success and she plucked up three unopened bottles that had been abandoned by the couple who were now in a compromising position. This would work just fine and she doubted they would notice that their wine was no longer where it had once been. She took a deep, calming breath before resuming her trip back to her very lovely chair.

Shoulder back, chin held high, eyes glittering in the light as she walked with purpose. The purpose of not getting pulled into a conversation with an old acquaintance before she was drunk. She could not entertain anyone outside of the card table right now. She just could not do it. She brought a smile to her face as she approached the table where the game had not proceeded much further.

She set the bottles on the table, as she had done the first time, and stepped back in between Asemir’s legs. She lowered herself down into her previous position and grabbed a bottle of wine, pulling the cork out and dropping it on the table. She passed the bottle over to Luella. Ceilidh then leaned back over to grab her own bottle and open it before she snuggled into Ase’s strong chest again and got comfortable.

She probably should have asked if Ase was okay with this, but, honestly, he did not have a choice in this matter. Well, he did. He could have kicked her off his lap the first time and he had not. He was the only person she was comfortable around and she needed that comfort. She took a long drink from her new bottle and let out a contented sigh before resting her head on his shoulder.

Asemir Luella Balsinde

Dianthe let the smile fall from her lips. It seemed she had crossed a line, and that wasn't what she had intended. It was sobering really.

He pulled her hand from his cheek, their dance coming to a halt. She stepped back and looked away from him as he spoke. His words were gentle enough, but yet she could feel the darkness emanating from him.

"I can assure you that it isn't necessary for me to join you in bed to want to join your court. Asemir has spoken highly of you and your court. I have spoken out of turn, I apologize Erlking." She gave a slight bow of her head, her face flushed now in embarrassment.

She turned to leave, her eyes scanning the crowd. Asemir had his hands full so she made for the ley lines instead. Perhaps this had all just been a mistake.

Midir