Open Chronicles A Festival of the Lights

A roleplay open for anyone to join
The festival would be Ophelias longest time at the Astenvale Monastery, having only arrived two days before the the start to begin helping with the set up and co-ordination. Not even a squire yet Ophelia would find herself doing a lot of the grunt work so to speak. Though she was fortunate enough that this time round there were more familiar faces like Hector who she spotted enertaining small children with miniture creations.
There was also Lorinna but when Ophelia last saw her earlier on in the day she seemed to be taking part in a not-so-merry interaction with her parents.
Still looking were to turn or whom to talk to during her short break she wondered her Tovarik was, her train of thought cut short when her eyes landed on Pim, the halfing cook herself, Hector and Tovarik had encountered a few weeks back.
She made her way over but with everything being so busy the moment had passed, Pim handing out pies and looking extremely busy, then Ophelia spotted the elf who willingly handed over a bottle of wine.
Might as well, maybe she has news from home.
fashion for thy festival. If you are of the kitchen staff, take them if it please
"Hello," O' took a seat next to her. "Your first time?" She asked plainly, though much more friendly then her normal tone.

• Yay
Reactions: Helena
Killian was surprised to find himself so far inland, then again, he was here as certain many others were. To get a memory stone, not for his own memory though, but because the pirate knew it would fetch a pretty penny to the right buyer.
Drink in hand he strutted amongst the stalls, eventually finding himself in the courtyard. Preforming was a red haired beauty who he couldnt draw his eyes from but unfortunately for Killian he seemed to arrive towards the end of her preformance and off she went. No longer interested in the pulling of strings and possiblity of banshee like singing Killian continued his stroll, expectedly he found himself back at the bar and a few steps beside him was a bush of red hair he would recognize anywhere. Wesley Argent. Hells, he thought to himself as he downed his drink and ordered another. "You here on the orderes of my dear cousin again Argent or have you finally grown a pair and decided to stop being her lacky?"
Was what he wanted to say but the little warrrior was off before he could get the words out, obviously not noticing the pirates presance.
Killian turned around and rested his elbows on the bar, then he spotted her again, the lovely red head. So he swooped up his drink, puffed out his chest and sauntered over.
"Hello darling," he gave her his winning smirk and flashed her his sparkling blue eyes.

• Yay
  • Popcorn
Reactions: Helena and Vardan
Baise listened to her explanation and smiled. His hazel eyes slowly shifted to a dark green as she spoke. A few flecks of blue appeared as she joined in with making a point to Jude.

Well, and then theres the memory stones I heard they were giving out. Have either of you received one yet? I was wondering where Im meant to go, exactly. She explained a bit sheepishly.

"Did you know, I was hoping to do the same," Baise said, his eyes shifting back to their natural hazel.

"There is a memory I've always wanted to show Jude. Why don't we go and find out together?" he proposed, standing up.

The colour of his eyes shifted into a deep green, through into a deep Violet.

"But you could join me to enjoy the festival after? Listen to some more music and enjoy a little more wine?"

• Yay
Sounds right insensitive it does, he added when there was pause in her telling. And like you miss your life back home,

Lorinna stopped and gave Hector another glance. She had really been talking at him not to him but he was actually listening. There was something in his tone that made her think he was actually thinking about what she had said instead of reflecting it back at her.

Did he actually pay attention to everything all the squires said? She imagined that would be absolutely exhausting.

I'm going to have myself a dance, he smiled. You can join me if you'd like?

Lorinna looked around herself, but no one else was paying any attention to them. Hector had actually asked her to go for a dance.

At least, that was how Lori heard it.

It was years since anyone had asked her for a dance. It wasn't an organised, civilised affair and...

...and he had already joined the crowd before she could stop gawping.

She looked around, put down her tray and she followed him. Lorinna stood beside Hector, nudged him with her shoulder and offering him a grin.

She wasn't about to sing along, but she would join him in the dance.

'Looks like the Captain was right on the money with this one, lads,' reported Redbad, appearing from the snow-lit gloom like the Ghost of Yuletide Past. Wineskin, sat atop his hog and shivering in the cool night air, nigh on jumped out of his skin. 'Beauty's blessed tits, Redbad! Can ya stop doing that?' he asked the scoutmaster, pulling his cloak tight about him as if to hide his embarrassment. 'Damn near gave me a heart attack, you did!'

Smiling, Redbad held up his gloved hands in mute apology. The venerable elf had a habit of doing that. Sneaking up on folk without meaning to. 'Forgive me, friend 'Skin. I did not mean to scare you so,' he said, his one good eye gleaming in the moonlight. 'Did you not hear me approach?' Fighting back a smile, Captain Agatha of the Blackshields answered in his stead.

'No, we bloody well didn't!' Laughing, and grinning from ear to ear, the band of mercenaries made their amusement known. A moment of mutual feeling, it fled soon after. It was a well known fact among the company that Redbad was a master of his craft. No one really knew where he'd picked up the tricks of his trade; everyone knew how effective they were, though. 'You really ought to show me how to do that sometime,' she continued, giving the scout a polite smile. Her hog, Beauty, seemed to agree. She oinked. As sure a sign as any, Agatha thought, rewarding the war beast with an affectionate pat.

Redbad grinned, bowed. 'Your wish is my command, Lady,' he said, straightening up and slipping his felt hat back on. 'Later. For now, we have business to tend to, and a celebration to attend.' Letting the scout's deflection slide, Agatha nodded in response. 'Indeed we do,' she said, her breath misting in the frigid air. Gesturing her comrades on, the Blackshield Captain fell in beside Mender as the group made its way towards the snowy peaks of Astenvale Monastery.

The chief physician dipped her head in greeting. Amber eyes shone from beneath the lip of her hood. Agatha glimpsed pale green skin, there, behind the shadows covering the half-orc's face. 'Do you have it?' the Captain asked, her voice low and conspiring as she laid herself down across the bristly, muscle-thick neck of her hog.

Patting the satchel at her hip, Mender said;
'Of course! Not like me to go misplacing things, now, is it?' Grinning, she mirrored Agatha's relaxed posture by falling against her own hog's massive neck. The beast huffed in response, it's tail swatting back and forth in what Agatha assumed was a sign of brief irritation. 'Do you think the sweet Captains will like what we're bringing them this year?' Mender asked, flashing her fangs mischievously.

Agatha nodded. 'I certainly hope so,' she replied, her mind wandering to the contents of Mender's satchel. 'After all the pain we went through to get the damn things, I certainly hope so.' Straightening up in her saddle, the Blackshield Captain turned her gaze back towards the sleepy village of Astenvale. Through the swirling snowfall, and above the crunch-crunch of their mounts' trotters, she heard laughter. Music. Even a few excitable screams.

'Sounds like they've drawn quite a crowd this year,' she commented, spotting the convoy of carriages and wagons that had amassed alongside the road leading into the village proper. A few she even recognised from a certain "fund-raiser" the Knights of Anathaeum had thrown not too long ago. The memory made her smile grow anew.

Sitting low in her saddle, Mender watched her captain closely. She hummed in agreement. 'So it does.' Wineskin and the others had pushed on ahead, the sounds of revelry drawing them in, like a siren's song drawing sailors to their doom. Tonight, however, death was not on the cards for the Blackshields nor for any of the Order's myriad other guests.

Tonight, they would celebrate, and see out another eventful year under the black banner. They owed it to themselves. They owed it to the living. Most of all, they owed it to the brothers and sisters no longer with them. Mender knew this. So, too, did the Captain she was sworn to.

'Happy Festival of Lights, Agatha.' Mender whispered.

Last edited:
The snow uttered an irritable command that dampened Elinyra’s cautious demeanor somewhat. She cocked her head with amusement at the choice of intended insult.

Whatever was buried here, it certainly had an ego. That didn’t narrow down the culprits, as far as mages went, but it suggested that Elinyra wasn’t dealing with something immediately dangerous - possibly no more so than the rumored undead members of the Order she’d been living amongst recently.

“That’s trite for something that buries itself like a mole. I daresay, your lordship, I don’t believe this is your forest,” she replied matter-of-factly. “Which means you have no authority here. The people who do have authority here, however, would undoubtedly wish to know why you’ve decided on ruling your kingdom in this very spot. Since I am a peasant, should I prod you a bit with my pitchfork?”

She didn’t have a pitchfork, of course, but it didn’t know that.

Vardan

Rainie found herself fascinated with her fellow performer's eyes as he spoke, but managed to listen with half an ear. "Well, those sound like marvelous ideas," she told him, standing as well while adjusting her fur-lined cloak. She noticed, with no small amount of private wonder, that the current shade of his eyes nearly matched the lavender of hers. "I must confess, I've a slight head start on the merriment this evening. They wouldn't let me bring in my flask unless it was emptied... if you catch my meaning." At that, she laughed to herself, covering her mouth with gloved fingers. Despite her confession, she stood remarkably steady on her own feet, as she was quite practiced at holding her liquor.

"Thank you, by the way, for the invitation to spend the festival with you. I'm afraid I don't know anyone here, but it will be nice to celebrate with a fellow patron of the arts." The last few words were spoken with a bit of flair, and her smirk seemed to spell it as a bit of a joke. What could she say, she was dramatic, as many bards were.

"Now, as for those stones... Do you suppose we should ask one of these armored folks clanking about?" She wondered curiously, eyes surveying the courtyard they found themselves in. A tiny one caught her eye, stomping away from a man sat at a table in what seemed to be restrained fury. Amused, she stepped around the table to bring her to Baise's side, while also avoiding the squire's path. "Or should we simply wander around until we find it?"

Baise

"It very well could have been." Seluria agreed thoughtfully, taking another sip of her cider. "Communication is difficult enough with as many as we have now. Imagine three or four times that many." She shook her head gently, being an introvert herself, but with no small amusement either as she imagined the horror of that to Syr Valborast who was often quite the recluse. At his mention of the elder generations guiding the younger, she raised both brows however and gave another nod. He was correct in that...

"...though each case, just as you said about a little lionizing, comes from a singular perspective." Seluria notes, then quirks a brow and gives a small laugh. "I have a feeling you have experienced the last yourself personally, haven't you?" she asks.

Her gaze wandered after that- trailing over the various vibrantly colored booths, tables, and spaces where civilians and squires and knights alike drank, spoke, sang, and even danced on occasion. A gentle hum rose in her throat, and Seluria exhaled softly. "Perhaps now may be a good time to do what you suggested." A hint of a playful smirk touched the woman's lips, and she nodded in the direction of a nearby pond, aiming to walk that way.

Valborast Valchek

Valborast left the comment about lionising and himself to drop into the ether of time, to be thought upon later when he could process it. For now, he thought it might an insult, or that it might be a genuine consideration. Funny, Valborast thought, Seluria speaks with an eloquent brush upon the canvas of meaning. But I will not question my own truth on this day, certainly not when my duty is to protect that which I have harnessed, splintered, and fragmented. Riven.

Somewhere a sword spoke to itself, chattering in confines of silver and darkness. Speaking it's own name, endlessly echoing it's own identity so that it might become stronger in it's own echo chamber of isolation and contemplation. Perhaps madness.

Valborast followed, solemn with thought.

They approached the pool.

“Do as is needed. I am here with you. Thank you for taking me up on my suggestion, Seer. Few people do," he said, his own voice pained by the admission.

Kiros idly drank his beer while music and merriment continued to unfold around him, providing a backdrop that was warm and pleasant. That it was so helped immensely, when his thoughts of Her were anything but. Honest opinion could not be shared, when he was beholden to create Her divine depiction in a positive light. With the piece of amber held in his free hand, Kiros reflected upon his journey to Malakath and the towering sight of Her when She arrived to dispense Her judgement. Briefly, there had been a moment of quiet before She began to speak, eyes narrowed and gazed aimed downward upon them from far above. A vision he hardly considered pleasant, but it was the best he could do given the subject involved. Closing his eyes to focus his thoughts for a moment, Kiros held the piece of amber tight while he carefully recalled his memory of Her to impart within.

Upon completion of the task, he set the stone of amber upon the table and heard a familiar voice call out once he had.

Kiros,” The voice announced, and it was clear that it could belong to none other than Dal. A brief search in the direction revealed him, and even out of his armour he remained a mountain of a half-orc. Alongside him was a Satyr approaching as well.

“Kiros, it is good to see you again. First of all, I want to say thank you. And, well, that you were right to shout at me. I didn't have the understanding. I think a lot more days about magic these days. And well, about a lot of things too. Things have changed.” Spoke Dal, and it was also wonderful to see him again after all this time. The unforgettable battle had been long ago, and he had carried the highest hopes for the warrior. Yet the encounter he spoke of was one of shared regret. Kiros could not deny that Dal lacked understanding of magical matters at the time, for that was undeniable truth. Yet Kiros had lacked patience in the moment, and had regretfully taken tone he felt unfitting.

“Dal! It is wonderful to meet you again. And please, carry no fret. My reaction of elevated anger could not be expected.” Kiros replied. Dal was a warrior, and could not be expected to understand the stress that a healer might experience. Though appreciative of his regret, Kiros felt it proper to express his own and convey he carried no ill regard from the disagreement they had.

“Lives have hinged on my arcane talent before. I was in Elbion during the disaster there, tending to survivors...” Kiros began, trailing off before he continued too far. The scene around him was one of merriment, and tales of tragedy seemed to have little place here. Though the story may be unfinished, but remainder was surely implied clearly, anyhow.

“But the day is one for fonder memories, is it not?” Kiros concluded, content he had already spoken enough of the experience.

"Kiros, this is Lysanthir of Aparat. He's been helping me get my bearings as a squire of all things. I'm a squire of Anathaeum now, Kiros. No longer a mercenary, can you believe it?" Dal said, introducing his Satyr companion along with his new occupation. That Dal was a member of the Knights of Anathaeum was something he'd not have guessed. The fact certainly supported his statement that he had changed, one Kiros could clearly see true.

“A pleasure to meet you, Lysanthir. That Dal regards you warmly is cause enough to do likewise. And a knight of the order, Dal? You've answered a question I had planned to ask, as I was wondering what fortune brought me your company on this day.” Kiros remarked in response, offering a hand to Lysanthir in greeting. As he did, Dal continued on.

"Introductions. Lysanthir, I'd like to present a very powerful man of faith, who saved a lot of lives and acted with distinction in war. It's my honour to introduce you to Kiros Rahnel, priest of Itra." He spoke, and Kiros hid his apprehension at the name. Apprehension he ought not have, but a goddess She ought not be. The day had been blessed, but by the very mention of Her name would obtain Her attention and enable Her involvement. Her valued absence upon this divine task appeared forfeit. Yet he could not convey such a notion. Beholden to act as Her emissary, he was supposed to be pleased when another spoke Her name. Keeping Her existence a secret had been but one of the few perks of hold position, and now he no longer got to enjoy it.

“The Holy Goddess of Pneria, and Savior of the Crook.” Kiros announced, head tilted high in feigned pride towards the deity he despised. “Who aided us against an army seeking to slay a young child.” He added, and it was a half-truth. The events he spoke of were correct, but not the credit. She had no part in it, and expressed no desire to protect poor young Sardrun.

He had done all of that despite Her.

Last edited:
"Feels like ages since we last got a chance to relax like this," Helena said as she took a seat next to Osuin. She had her own mug in hand, and faint trails of steam rose from the open mouth of her stone stein. "Remember when Farnuk climbed up to the top of the Lookout, and pissed off the edge?" she asked with a grin spread across her face. "Gods, how long ago was that?" she asked and twiddled her thumbs about her mug.

She saw some of the squires milling about. A couple busy at work while others danced about. It was getting later in the evening. The sun was starting to set. Almost time for the big show. The proper Showing on the Shield.

"I'm glad i'm here with you, Osuin," she said warmly, and looked over to the man who had faced down so much with her. "That we saw through those challenges we've met," and she shouldered up next to him, and was glad to have him by her side.

Or should we simply wander around until we find it?

"I think I saw where they were," Baise said, leading the three of them away from the table.

There was a cental gathering of people now, loud music, singing and dancing. His eyes shifted to the pale grey of determination as they walked.

"If you've got such a headtstart I suppose I will simply have to indulge in the wine once Jude is safe to bed," Baise mused.

His tone was light and mischievous, but his expression was far more serious as they approached the enchanter and had the process explained.

He started to worry that it would not work. He had no trouble trying to bring those memories into his heart, but perhaps some fae magic would keep it from working. He had promised Jude to show him this.

He went before Rainie, holding the amber to his heart and holding the memory close.

"Let's see..." he said quietly, dropping to one knee next to Jude and holding up the glass and let its light shine on the blanket over the table.

proxy.php

"Is that him?" Jude asked.

Baise let out a shudder of a sigh and nodded.

"That's him," Baise confirmed. "Vriage. My lover for many years, died before we crossed paths."

He stood slowly, leaving the stone in Jude's hands, and turned towards Rainie.

"You know what you want to encase in glass?" he asked Rainie curiously. "Obviously, we can go for a minute if it is private."

The Star Seer gently dipped her head, remaining silent as they approached the edges of the pond. Her gaze wandered over its waters as they began to reflect starlight and the sun faded into brilliant hues of violet, orange, and red. And then focused upon a particular point. A small smile played about her lips.

First, Seluria's left hand reached out, her fingers spreading wide. The still waters rippled gently from no discernable direction, the reflections within it flickering. Her eyes, once a pastel crimson, began to fade in color, and bleach until the light hidden within them flowed outward; glowing a pale blue-white hue.

Her left hand turned over, palm facing upward as her right hand moved to join it, gently pushing up. "Orya." she commanded with a breath as soft as a whisper. The water rippled again- and a faint mist began to gather at the edges of the pond. Seluria exhaled- and then raised her hands slowly higher, and higher, reaching upward until her fingers curled slightly, as if holding something. The mist curled and unwound from its hiding places among the reeds and at the edges of the water, slowly moving skyward and gathering against the upper dome of the Shield. Again, Seluria lowered her hands, and again, she raised them- the mist following suit to create a near invisible cloud both above them and around them along the dome. A faint sheen of sweat could be seen upon the Seer's brow, her features locked in focus, and seemingly completely unaware of her own surroundings.

This mist would not only make her own display possible, but enhance that of others- the droplets in the air catching the light and sharpening or spreading it depending on the imagery and color.

"Apanta'aed Cin Celias! Apanta'aed!"
she implored, her voice growing louder now. Her hands lowered, her breath a little faster. Being so close, Valborast could see Seluria looked a little nervous as to how this would go.

And then, her gaze alighted on something in the mist and followed it.

At first, it was just an indistinct shimmer. And then it slowly grew in shape. Colorless- translucent but for a pale glow about its silhouette. High above the revelry, a series of stars glowed brighter than before- faint lines visible between them, seen through the lens of the mist Seluria wove. To sailors and to soldiers familiar with the Constellations, they would recognize the Clock, and the Key.

"Usually they are among the last..." Valborast would hear Seluria murmur faintly next to him in surprise. But if he so much as dared to even blink the shape would change utterly. Undulating upon itself, slowly, recognizable forms began to emerge and uncross themselves from the knot of glowing lines. A creature- an object? Both in one. A long, eel like body with rippling fins that scintillated like auroras in its unhurried movements. Four limbs, angular shoulders, a long neck, and a head shaped like a sun dial. Clasped in its hands was a proportionately smaller, separate object. One that changed continually and would be seen differently by each individual that looked upon it.

For Valborast, it likely took the form of an open book, its pages filled with script that looked to be in his handwriting. For a Key is not just the object used to open a chest or cabinet or other container- it also was the answer and cornerstone to one's desires.

It was knowledge. Both to have it, and to unlock it.

Valborast Valchek

The pooch made her way around, looking over every person she could find.
By Osuin she waggled her tail left n right when she received the customary dog scratching of the day. As he moved on she too padded off after him before breaking off her attention elsewhere.

As Rainie closed in, the dog took it as a game, darting between people before the bard caught up. One sniff later and she was in heaven again. The dog rolled over and wriggled around. There. pet me there! Yeah, that's the spot! The perfect scratch and pat were always on her mind. Too bad it could not last an eternity.

With a head dipped slightly low at first, she then perked her ears up as she gazed around to check out what other personal space she could invade.
For some reason, the term 'food' was imprinted in her mind. Right, the tables! Ig she can't beg for a snack she might as well snag one from the table. Who's even gonna stop her if she climbs a chair anyway?

Now was only a matter of setting that plan into motion.

It had been many a sunrise that Margot had not been home. She had started a pilgrimage of her own that took her months to complete. She was incredibly happy to be home for the festival, she loved seeing her comrades in a relaxed environment. Though she was still weary from travels, she couldn't get the festival from her mind.

Graceful steps brought her to her room, armor slipping from her slender figure like water. A quick steaming bath, a brush through her long locks, and she felt like a new woman. Normally she'd be proud to wear her armor to such an event, but today called for a bit of elegance. Margot slipped into a silken silver gown, her back uncovered showing a large tattoo of an open eye.

She was ready. Normally she wouldn't dare go out in the snow dressed as such, but the silver chain she wore provided the heat she would need for the night. A gifted trinket from a mountain village for helping to heal those that needed it.

Excitement reddened her pale cheeks as she approached the throng of festival goers. It was good to be home. She snagged a drink, and then headed to where the dancing had started, swaying and spinning happily on her own. There was one person she was anxious to see, but that could wait.

Last edited:
Valborast watched, still, listening. He did not recognise the words of magic that were being woven, and frowned at his own ignorance in this moment. Whatever was being cast was lost upon him in comprehension of the theories of magic. The frown evolved into astonishment as the spell unravelled onwards, upwards, to the heavens, to the shield, revealing something about natural darkness he had never known before as well as he realised it now.

“By the darkness and blood I do command, such a visage of stars! I've never...I never realised there was so much light in the night sky!”

He did not recognise the stars by name. But now, the depiction engrained the shape into his mind. His own small prowess with essential light magic flickered within his soul, and Valborast felt a small ache in his chest at the sight and arcane revelation. Already, certain concepts that had escaped him seemed so much clearer now, both in form, function and purpose, the light was not simply to obliterate his foes, there was so much more...there was light to be found within the Dusk after all, light to be found in the pitch of night aside from the illuminated moon.

Valborast smiled as he felt more powerful, as if his place in the cosmos had become all the more authoritative as he stared unblinking at the visage.

Somewhere, Riven laughed derisively within it's scabbard as it contented itself with the darkness it was immersed wholly within.

Valborast turned to Seluria, about to say something, but had no words to say. His thoughts ran quick, drunk with revelation and exhilarated at the possibilities of his own craft to unfold.

She is indeed powerful! I must learn all I can from her, this power is remarkable! I must-

He blinked and looked up at the stars, and instead, saw.

“By the darkness and blood, it's...my words! My work!”

And in this moment he read his own words upon the page cast across the shield to him and him alone, each person receiving their own vision as Seluria desired. For Valborast, it was his tome upon the vampire. The Title emblazened upon the cover, as pages did turn for Valborast as he reviewed his own incomplete work.

The words were shining in red, and it reminded him of coming out of the healing tanks after he had been forced to recover after creating Riven. The red words that did scrawl, but this time, they were upon the page, revealed for Valborast, his own words, his own reflections, before Riven existed.

“By Riven,” he said as he read his own work, “I can see where I need to go.”

The words he stood and read, transfixed by them. He read what work he had written entirely, and by doing so, reinforced his own understanding of the vampire, of his experiences with them, how he had conquered his own soul by the creation of Riven and the spilled blood in his duel against Petra. How he had divided his own soul and removed the corruption. This book? Was from the mindset still influenced by the vampire. Yet, even during such a time, he had possessed his faculties and perspective on the vampire, Valborast realised, he had still been himself through it.

He drank deep of his own work.

((https://chroniclesrp.net/threads/bo...-how-to-survive-it-by-valborast-valchek.4351/))

Finishing his reading, he closed his eyes and trembled, the sensation of so much revelation and medley of memory coming to the fore and humbling him. He whispered to Seluria as he rubbed his eyes, consigning what he had learned from the star and his word of thanks in the words of the arcane to the cosmos, which Seluria may very well understand. The language of the domain of death. It could be understood to be a form of thanks, as the raw forces of magic were sincerely thanked, as Valborast scribed his experience into his own soul, so that he might gain more power, so that he might not forget that which he had seen.

“Kaimanu, Pneuma Tou Ouranou Thumethere, Kaimanu, Kaimanu.”

Valborast sighed. He looked to Seluria and smiled.

“There are no words. My soul is sealed.”

He let out a laughter which was most curious, the laughter of one who had just won something over themselves, a sincerely dark laugh that might seem unsettling. It rang out, and became more joyous as it rang out, and Valborast contained his laughter as to not seem mad. He was smiling. He looked at his hands.

"My power grows thanks to you Seluria. I will remember this. You have my most sincere gratitude."

Somewhere, Riven became silent and cold.

• Yay
It was bit like jumping into a lake. Throwing yourself in with a healthy bit of abandon. The body of dancers and revelers all bumping about. A few happy faces found him, and hands waved him welcome before they started to clap and clap and clap as they raised their voices together in warm chanting song.

Soon enough, Hector found himself moving along just fine. His feet, a tad clumsy at first, found the rhythm sure, and he bounced and twist and felt his muscles ache with a delightful heat.

He felt a nudge, that pulled his eyes from the dancers, already raring and going, to Lorinna, who grinned.

Hector grinned back, mid jig, his hands slowed their clapping, one crossed over his chest. "Lady Lorinna," he said with clear and proper voice, offered her a bow, needlessly deep and overly played, he popped back up and laughed.
"Let's have a dance!" and he clapped to the beat, and stepped to the rhythm.

He would offer his hand when the step called for partners, and swing around as they switched off to others, and all tilted and turned and came loose again. His fleet feet saw him prance and switch up with dance, and when he neared the edge of the crowd he saw Abri there too, still serving up drinks. "Abri!" he called out, and motined her over with wide grin. He mouthed forget the drinks, come dance.

Magick burned brighter and truer come a shift in the air. His eyes went up, his grin still wide, and he saw a great serpent, scrawled long across shimmering clouds that hazed the shield. Stars burned bright, and the Sun Dial head seemed to look down on them all.

In Hector's eye, the Key held in the hand was a flame. It burned red and white. And for a brief moment, he was awe struck. Others around him gasped some too, as they looked up and saw the brilliant stars of this winter's night.

Lorinna Astarel Abrielle Huxley

Last edited:
Arko stood before the halfling with mouth hung agape. "On the house?" he asked, with a bit of glee. "For me?" he looked down at the sack of stones and back at the pie giver. "Gift," he said. "It is a gift, from the Knights to the people," he wheezed with smile, swaddled in his warm leathers. He reached down into the bag and pulled out one of the ambers. It glowed, warm and clear in his clawed hand. "Memory stone," he said with a raspy voice. "You can put... whatever you want into it, yes" he nodded happily, and offered it to her. "And one lamb please," he said with squeaky rasp. And another nod.

Squire Ophelia showed up, and Arko squeaked happily. "You want pie too?"

The sky changed colors. Blue, then white, then red, and Arko looked up. A giant mushroom glowed brilliantly above. Arko's eyes grew huge.

Pim Ophelia Tirion

Osuin turned to Helena with a welcoming smile at the sound of her voice, turning to face her in greeting as she took a seat beside him. Hers was wonderful company to share the mirth of the festival with, and the first memory she had to share elicited immediate laughter.

“How could I forget? I was shocked he could even climb up there, he was so drunk.” Osuin replied, after recomposing himself from his hearty chortle. “Seven years ago. Or maybe it was eight?” He added his guess in response. It hardly seemed like that long ago, but counting the years made the time that had passed undeniably clear. By now, it was a there was a good length of memories they’d had together. Some were pleasant, and some were not, but all were memories he was happier Helena was included in.

Helena would echo the sentiment aloud, to which Osuin readily agreed.

“As am I. I could think of none better to face them with.” He spoke, turning to Helena as he did.

“And may we continue to find victory in all we do face.”

Elinyra Derwinthir

Vardan gave a low, discontent grumble. The snow mound shifted and broke as he sat up straight, then proceeded to his feet. Snow fell in clumps off of him, though remained in some fashion scattered around his shoulders.​
His robes were in a poor state of repair, and the ancient funerary cuirass he still wore had snow stuck in the crevices of the ornamentation. A crown of pale hair clung to the pate of his skull still, somehow.​
Impudent wenchling,” Vardan rasped, brushing snow off his right shoulder with a few dainty flicks of a skeletal wrist, “Fine. Thou hast roused me. Hnnnh. What is thy need? Speak quickly.”​

A tired smile of her own spread across the pale woman's features as Seluria watched the myriad of reactions take hold in Valborast. Heard his exclamation in shock as he learned anew what was seen so frequently, yet never considered for its true potential. Watched the startled crowds beyond him. Seluria could not see their faces due to the others standing so far away- but the way their heads tilted up, and the tone of their voices as they changed in awe and surprise told her enough.

Valborast spoke in the tongues of the dead, then, as he was seemingly overwhelmed, and a similar tremble passed through the maiden as she listened to his words- understood on an instinctive level, even if not able to audibly translate it. And then finally, the Seer turned her gaze back to the Blood Knight as he began to laugh. The sound at first dark, but eventually revealing the joy she hoped to bring him a fragment of.

"There is something else I would show you, should you wish, Syr Valborast. An explanation as to how I came to be what I am. Or, at least the first step..." she murmured gently, moving to head into the crowd with a light gesture for him to follow. Her steps guiding her toward the booth of the memory stones.

High above them, the sun-dial serpent released a sound not unlike bells chiming as it shifted and uncoiled, winding through the air in waves as it spiraled around the interior of the dome, and then faded with a flicker of light and color, head to tail, until it was out of sight once more.

Valborast Valchek

• Yay
Normally Elinyra wasn't the sort of person to wake the dead. Though in her experience, the dead didn't usually rise on their own, nor cast insults that the living could in any case hear. Neither did they return to the land of the living without a purpose, benevolent or otherwise.

She was not well versed in the region's burial customs, but she guessed by the nature and state of his vestment that this undead creature was no local. She wished she had Abalon's expertise in this sort of situation, or Garrod's - though the latter would probably attack first and ask questions later.

"You say you have no business with me. Whom do you have business with, then? What is preventing you from passing beyond the Veil?" she asked the skeletal figure.

Vardan

Wow, this kid was really scared of him. It was almost refreshing, compared to the usual disrespect he got from the squires. Die once, and suddenly you lose all merit in the eyes of the youth. Not that they were too far off the mark, however. He wondered how long it would take the young man to realize that the handful of things Roebin could do to stop the lad could be easily thwarted. That was the thing about ghosts. If they weren't of the mindset to outright kill you, the other facilities at a ghost's disposal were minor annoyances at best.

Melgan answered his earlier question, to the best of his abilities.

"Uninspired as your answer is, you're not wrong. There is a bit of junk, and a bit of water down there. But that's not the very bottom of the well."
Roebin didn't elaborate on that. Instead, he folded his ephemeral hands in his lap and kicked his heels against the side of the well. The kicks didn't make a sound against the cobble, but his legs bounced quite convincingly as he sat upon the edge.

For the moment, he seemed content to wait and see what Melgan would do next.

Melgan the Unready

"Memory stone?" Pim blinked quizzically at the amber in the kobold's claws. Balancing the tray ever-so-carefully, she reached out a hand to accept the gift. It felt oddly warm to the touch.

"What an intriguing little chunk of fossilized resin," she murmured as she inspected the stone. It glimmered with a hundred different reflections of the extravagant lightshow above. She wondered what she would want to put into it. Perhaps a memory of her telling herself something important, so she could refer back to it the next time she forgot. It could be a valuable storage tool for recipes.

"Thank you." She smiled at the kobold, whom she thought might have been smiling back. It was difficult to tell with that tiny dragon mouth full of comparatively large dragon teeth. He could have just been hungry.

Which, she recalled, is probably why he'd asked for a slice of lamb pie! She handed the kobold a plate and a little fork, with the same warning she'd given the woman in the strange robe, and the express direction to enjoy.

If anything seems odd... Wait, what seemed odd to a kobold?

Oh, well, nevermind. She still had plenty of pies to hand out.

Pim continued her quest to feed the party until all she had left was an empty tray and a trail of confused party-goers wondering what in the world she'd been on about handing out vague disclaimers about the food. Perhaps, thought Pim, it had all been in her imagination after all. Plenty of people had happily eaten their pies and none of them had turned green or started sprouting tentacles.

She was on her way back to the kitchen when a young woman approached her.

"Excuse me, miss. I believe I ordered the beef. I... honestly don't know what this is," the slightly-inebriated woman said with a careful politeness and handed Pim the pie plate. Pim eyed the slice, which had exactly one bite removed from its crust-wise region. A morsel of filling still clung to the fork. She took a deep sniff, and her eyes went wide in horror.

This was no simple accident! A serious crime had been committed here. The victim - one missing slice of beef pie. The suspects - could be anyone. Whoever had done it must have been a master criminal, for there was not a trace of the victim anywhere to be found on that plate; but she had their MO.

She took a bit of the 'pie' and tasted it, her face scrunching up in disgust. It was exactly as she had feared.

"Fruitcake..."

Arkobold

The red haired beauty seemed to be entranced by another, not even noticing his greeting. Damn bards, he thought to himself before taking another swig. Killian turned on his heel once more and sauntered off into the crowds. It was most probably time for him to go get himself a memory stone before they were all gone, and he knew? If there were any left near the end of the upcoming little light show he was told about, he might even be able to get one for his dear darling wife whom couldn't travel this far because of some or other dramatic ailment he would still have to think up. Mind on his mission and eyes on every beautiful women he passed - Killian landed slap-bang into someone, spilling his remaining drink on the culprit.
"Hey mate! You made me spill 'm dri-" a mischevious grin light up his face as he looked into the colliders eyes. "Argent, you red haired little devil."
Immedietly his witty intro from earlier popped back into his mind, "Still doing my little cousins bidding I see?" Killian was all to chuffed with himself at the interaction that unfolded before him.

Wesley Argent