Private Tales The Party Never Stops

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
She gently leaned down and patted Evie's cheek. It was a soft and gentle touch, and without a single ounce of hesitation. Either she did not fear the poison-eater, or her confidence simply eclipsed any sort of terror that she had.

"Still brave." She praised, before returning her attention back to the task at hand.

Liliana frowned for a brief moment, glancing up at Edwin before she let out a quiet sigh. "I will have to learn to be more...precise in the future."

The words were quiet, more to herself than Everleigh. "Maybe practice..."

She let the words draw off for a moment before her mind returned to the task at hand. Fingers snapped, and she pulled Edwin's attention. The boys empty eyes turned towards her slowly, gaze flickering as though he were drawn like a moth to a flame.

"Edwin, my dear. Can you hear me?" There was a long pause, a long wait, and then slowly he nodded his head.

Liliana glanced down at Everleigh. "A terrible thing indeed."

The Initiate said with a quiet sigh, and then drew her fingers forward. Slowly, carefully, she began to weave something new. A lattice of not control, not destruction of evocation, but command. It was a simple, overlapping weave. As she cast her magic, Liliana spoke. She directed Edwin, played him like a puppet, telling him what to do with each and every step.

By the time Edwin's mind had not returned, but his mind had been so tarnished by her touch that he was all but a marionette. He would speak, respond, and even kiss May, but none of it of his own free will. None of it with his own understanding.

When she was finished Liliana let out a ragged breath, practically collapsing onto the bed, her skin slick with a sheen of sweat.

• Nervous
Reactions: Everleigh Ebersol
It took everything within the poison eater to not lash out. She had gone rigid because that was the only thing she could do to keep herself from slapping Liliana’s hand away and reaching for her throat. The hair touching was fine, Everleigh couldn’t say why when Liliana got close to her like that she felt fine, comfortable, content even. But the brief pat to her cheek, she shrank away ever so slightly, only then understanding why the touch to her face terrified her so much.

Don’t touch my face again.” She warned, her voice had darkened and then Everleigh blinked her gray eyes at the noble, realizing how it sounded. “I’m a bit proud of it.” She said as a weak cover up.

Then, a treat. Everleigh had the best seat ever to witness Liliana and her magic. Her gimlet gaze focused on her fingers, seeing the movements, and listened intently to how Liliana spoke. Slowly things began clicking in place for the poison eater. So touch wasn’t needed, but it seemed that Liliana had to still move her fingers. A telltale sign, but one so unnoticeable that she figured no one but those close to Liliana even knew. And even then, just seeing her fingers moved didn’t explain much.

Everleigh reached out to Liliana As she fell back, but hesitated. She looked around, and pulled out a piece of decorative cloth from a nightstand and then leaned over, dabbing the sweat away from Liliana’s face. And of course it was at that time that the maid decided to come back to the room, knocking on the door

Just a moment, please!” Everleigh said quickly, glancing down at Liliana with a frown. She wanted her to rest for a moment at least. “I can go get the ice, open the door slightly.” She offered in a whisper. “If you need more time I can make time.” She added.

• Aww
Reactions: Liliana
"Mm." Liliana thrummed in thought, considering for a moment that second of Evie lashing back at her as the girl dabbed the sweat from her face.

Briefly the Noble considered saying something now, but the moment had passed. Better to remember it for later. There was always a learning curve when it came to her...companions. They each had their little mannerisms, things they liked and disliked.

Over the years she had learned them all, but with Evie she'd not quite managed to pick them all up. She would have to pay closer attention when the two of them ventured out after the party. "No, no it's fine."

Liliana said with a rather exaggerated sigh.

She was tired, outright exhausted in fact, but they had been in here too long already. People at the party would be gossiping, whispering about what was going on and what might have happened. With a liquid grace Liliana pulled herself up and off her bed.

Skirts were quickly smoothed, hair adjusted, and she stepped over to Edwin to whisper something in his ear. Quickly he walked to the door, Liliana quickly motioning for Everleigh to lay back down onto the bed.

"My Lord, the Healer has arrived."

The maid said just as Edwin opened the door. Liliana's marionette seemed to frown for a moment, glancing back to his puppeteer as though he were lost for words. "Excellent, send them in please. My friend is in dire need of healing, we don't want to spend the whole night squandering the party.."

• Ctuhlu senpai
Everleigh followed Liliana’s instructions, even if she wondered it would be alright. She laid down, glancing at her gloved hands. The swelling had gotten worse on her injured fingers. There was a slight moment of unease, she could feel her body tensing up in preparation to spring up and attack. She tried to place that meek expression back on her face, but something about it seemed more tight than vulnerable. The poison eater felt that it wouldn’t be that bad of a thing considering She was supposed to be in quite a bit of pain, right?

Of course, the dry expression was moreso from the fact that Edwin seemed to be just as Liliana described: a slug.

“Well accidents are bound to happen, nothing I can’t fix.” The healer was an elderly woman, her voice soft and gentle as she stepped inside. The maid was off to the side. Everleigh nodded her head a bit as the healer came over to her, feigning a frightened look. “Oh don’t worry, dearie, I’m very quick. Just a bit of pain for a second and you’ll be as good as new.”

I’m not very good with pain.” Everleigh lied. However it seemed like the best answer As the healer gave Evie a all-knowing smile. She patted the initiate’s shoulders and then held her hands out over Everleigh. The healer closed their eyes, focusing and taking large and deep breaths. A circular magic sigil of healing appeared, gold and blue, and Everleigh prepared herself for the searing flash of pain in her fingers.

And she did feel that pain, for a split second, causing her to wince. But her fingers were healed at least, so soon the pain would end. But it didn’t. Waves of bubbling, burning heat rolled over and over in her body, and Everleigh gasped, a throaty gurgle coming from deep within her chest. And then she howled as her body began to spasm, hands curling into fists before the healer realized something was wrong. The old woman frowned, shaking her head, before looking at Liliana. She stopped and Everleigh rolled over to her side groaning, going into fetal position.

“Your friend is deeply poisoned. I tried… to clear it out for her but there’s no end to it. Really, it’s everywhere. I’ve never seen anything like it. You should get it checked—“

Shut up.” Everleigh croaked out.

“Dearie, it’s very serious. I don’t know what has happened to you but your entire body… it’s taken over everything. Even your blood…” the healer droned on, beginning to list the different systems, trying to explain how Everleigh was in dire need of attention, that she had no idea how she could even be alive at this point. “And that rune on the back of your neck,” the healer switched gears, “It’s the only thing holding everything at bay I believe. Must be some sort of divine—“ The healer reached out, ready to move the braid out of the way before Everleigh slapped at the Healer’s hand.

Liliana

• Smug
A loud snap rang out in the room.

The healers head twisted around with a sudden jerk of Liliana's hand. It was so sudden, so quick, that the mind barely even seemed to register it. One hand on the old woman's shoulder, the other grasping at her chin with the strength of a trained soldier.

Liliana snapped the woman's neck as though it were a twig she had picked up in the forest.

The healer dropped onto the floor like a rag-doll, her body going limp as the life faded from her in an instant. "Some people truly do not know their place."

A tsk clicked from Liliana's lips as she shook her head, regarding the corpse with no small measure of disgust. A careful and delicate step was taken over the corpse which now lay on the floor, Liliana swinging herself around to sit on the bed besides Evie.

"What an unpleasant little Witch." She commented with a shake of her head. "Did she manage to heal your wounds?"

Liliana asked, glancing down at Evie's fingers for a brief moment before letting her eyes journey to her ankle. "There's so much fun yet to be had to tonight."

She purred, letting her gaze draw back up to Everleigh's eyes.

"And I won't have you miss a second of it." No, that would be unacceptable.

• Cthuulove
Everleigh was still, she had to be, and she closed her eyes tightly. She wouldn’t ruin this for Liliana. She’d subject herself to whatever she needed to do, she’s play the part, she’d succeed, she’d—

CRACK. Thud.

Everleigh blinked open her violet eyes, no longer hearing the yammering of the healer. Did Liliana…?

She did more than heal my wounds,” Everleigh said bitterly, stiff for a moment before rolling back her shoulders. The bones seemed to grate against one another before finally popping, and even then the sound still sounded heavy and more like a crunch. She then sat up showing Liliana her hand and wiggling all her fingers easily. And it was then that her dull violet gaze peered over, see the crumpled body of the healer. Oh, so Liliana had.

She didn’t feel guilt, really, guilt and shame were most likely the two emotions Everleigh felt the least. Instead, she felt a bit of dread and excitement. This was a little hiccup, and while Liliana had expertly ended the healer’s life, now it was time to suitably dispose of the body. That would be the fun part because it would be difficult to do so. At the same time, the dread came not because it would be a challenge, but the dread came from how there seemed to be so many missteps in Everleigh’s plan.

I’m sorry, I never knew… it could be sensed.” When being healed at the academy no one said anything. She only knew that healing was ineffective when her body was adjusting to whatever toxin she had ingested. The initiate dipped her head. “I promise I won’t mess up again.” She looked at Edwin. Her poison would kill him. It’d be a fantastic display. She’d prove her worth with that. But first…

So what do we do with the body?

• Aww
Liliana gestured dismissively. "My father always said even the best laid plans have a tendency to go awry."

Though he had always been referring to the battlefield. Uncle Isbrand had been far more keen on imparting lessons meant for this sort of thing. Although Liliana was entirely sure that he would have just slaughtered everyone at the party.

Something that was unfortunately not an option for them here.

Surprisingly, she was not the least bit upset about the twists in all of this. Liliana was still confident in their success. Edwin would die, even if he hadn't made it easy, and the body...

She glanced down to the floor where the crumpled old woman lay. There was no horror on her face, no fear. In fact she almost looked serene. Lips thinned for a brief moment, and she glanced back at Everleigh as she considered.

A memory flickered through her mind, something Ignatius had shown her once. "Evie...can you make something that...dissolves flesh?"

She knew that Everleigh could produce poisons of all sorts, venoms and toxins that had all sorts of effects. Ignatius had once shown her the use of one of his own concoctions, something derived from the venom of a spider from the Ixchel Wylds. It had burned away a woman's flesh, necrotizing it within seconds.

• Nervous
Everleigh looked over the body thoughtfully. Thinking. How to answer such a question.

Yes. And no.” She admitted. She wasn’t Iggy who could spew a hundred times more than he had consumed, everything was limited to what she had on her: saliva, sweat, blood, piss, breath. There were a few other things that would also work but even the poison eater herself disliked those options. “I can create acid. It’s potent and works fast, will cut through bone like it’s a load of bread. Two issues: it’s limited to what fluid I can produce and it might not cover everything. But I can make it work.

Everleigh already knew what she would have to do to make things work. It would be a nasty job, and despite Liliana ruthlessly killing the healer without batting a single eyelash, the initiate knew that nearly anyone would blanch. Gore was a different beast altogether.

And so the dreadlord initiate proceeded to remove her dress and her shoes, placing them onto the bed and far away from the body. She laid the body out supine, mentally running a few calculations before she began. Eyes glows gold as she licked her fingers, coating them in the acid she could produce. Through her acidic touch she began to chop the the old woman up

Good thing my father was a butcher,” she murmured, remembering her only clear memory of him: when he instructed her how to cut a pig and a cow and how very different they were. There were lines to be followed so that bone could easily be pulled apart and muscle wouldn’t be compromised. And followed through, applying more acid to her fingers as needed to keep the cuts clean and precise.

The smell was awful though. Pungent and vinegary, sweet yet rotten. It didn’t bother Everleigh too much but even she had to wrinkle her nose at the smell every now and then when a new cut was made. And then when she had all her pieces exactly how she wanted, she began to stack them up like a wooden block tower. Everything was neat and compact— finally.

You might want to leave the room now.” Everleigh warned, standing up and turned her back to Liliana. Without a single drop of shame she slipped off her underwear. She should’ve drank more wine, she realized that a bit too late, but if she accidentally released too much acidic fluid then she could possibly melt the floor underneath. Hopefully she had just enough to get the job done.

Minutes later, Everleigh was slipping her dress back on, and stepping back into her heels, rather pleased with her work.

• Wonder
Liliana watched with no small amount of interest at first, showing no signs of protecting Evie's modesty as she stripped from her clothes and began to chop up the old woman.

Her father had not been a butcher, in fact, the very thought was an anathema to her family. Yet she had been around Ignatius and Jaxan often enough to be used to this sort of thing. She had watched the later quite literally rip a man apart with his magic.

That whole ordeal had been quite a display, and this certainly did not pale in comparison.

It was only when Everleigh specifically told her to leave the room that Liliana relented. A quiet sigh escaped her, and she muttered to her companion. "We'll wait outside, do hurry though Evie. You wouldn't want to miss Edwin's big moment."

She flashed a smile, and then lead her puppet out the door.

By the time Everleigh finished with her task she would find Liliana and the marionette waiting. A few times people had come by, and on each occasion the scion of house Lorel had plucked Edwin's strings to make him speak.

When Evie pushed the door open she would see Liliana, and it would not be difficult to notice the exhaustion that carried on the girl.

Too much use of her magic had made her tired, the slight sway in her step making it clear.

"Has our friend left the building?" Liliana asked, her voice a peachy warmth in the air.

• Cry
Everleigh stepped out, looking at Liliana. The fatigue was clearly written over her face but Everleigh wouldn’t point such a thing out. She made sure to even keep her face neutral for when she looked at Liliana. She closed the door behind her, grinning.

I think saying they’ve disappeared is a more apt description.” Everleigh murmured, and then paused, she glanced at Liliana, at her Edwin puppet and with a brief moment of trepidation before she hooked her arm into the crook of Liliana’s. She wasn’t sure if it was inappropriate or not, perhaps it was bad manners for two ladies to link arms this way, but considering how Liliana swayed as she walked the poison eater wanted to keep her as upright as possible. Liliana could lean on her whenever she needed to, Everleigh would make sure to keep her standing tall.

Let’s get this over with? Hopefully May is still waiting around.” Everleigh said in a low voice as the trio began to head back to the main hall. Everleigh glanced around. No one seemed to look twice at them entering the room, by this point, many more of the very important people seemed to be well on their way to becoming intoxicated. Everleigh released a small breath of relief when her gimlet gaze caught sight of May who seemed to be the only one alerted to their presence.

The blonde from Oban began applying the lipstick, twice. Perfect. Maybe this part of the plan would work out as expected.

We’ll head over here.” Everleigh whispered, wanting to blend more into the crowd yet still have enough room to see what was about to transpire. She couldn’t deny she’d also like to hear the screams and gasps of shock.

• Aww
Liliana did not mind the arm that Everleigh offered in the least.

The weaves were always difficult in a sense. They did not tax her like other magic did, not before this new technique she had discovered. Before the new power the Weaves had only ever stripped her own emotions. Sympathy, empathy, had been taken away every time she had influenced someone.

She had always known that with her magics she would end up an emotionless husk. Free of love, free of caring or desire...and yet this new power was so much more.

It did not tax her emotions or feelings, but simply stole her very essence. She felt as though she were on the verge of collapse, and as they rejoined the gathering Everleigh would feel Liliana weigh on her side more and more.

The Noble was tired, exhausted, and yet it would be so worth it. "Ah. There it is."

She hissed quietly to Everleigh as she noticed her puppet moving across the room.

Edwin swaggered through the party with the confidence of a King. He moved as though he had never known a moment of concern, breaking through the party goers with small asides and quick dismissals until finally he happened upon the Marquess of Oban.

The two of them exchanged quick words. A terse, and flowing conversation that seemed to erupt within mere moments.

A false spark erupted between the two of them, one that had been set in place by Liliana herself. The two of them drew closer, cloaked by the denizens of the party itself. Songs continued to play, the band playing a tune of joy and exhilaration as the two finally embraced one another.

Edwin wrapped his arms around his assassin, and in a display of theater their lips finally met. Evie's poison springing to life in an instance.

• Aww
Everleigh held Liliana up with ease, even if Liliana was much taller than her, she had a slight frame and Everleigh was a soldier first and foremost. She did feel a little bit like a arm rest but that was more of a comfort instead of a disgruntled realization. Everleigh’s face was indifferent for a long time until she caught sight of that embrace. A eager, devilish smirk appeared, darkening her fair features as the two pawns finally kissed.

Botulinum,” Everleigh whispered to Liliana. “It needs to be ingested usually, but…” her eyes glowed for a split second, it was the last and final step, to turn the poison into a gas. “Sarin has nothing on this. It comes from bacteria, you wouldn’t believe what I had to eat to develop this.” A purple beast that ate things cold, for a month that was how she had thought of herself during that time in complete isolation.

The moment Edwin inhaled, everything would be complete in eight seconds. And that was without Everleigh willing to poison to work faster.

It blocks nerve signals, he won’t be able to move.” She said just as Edwin slumped into May. He was much larger than the small woman and she couldn’t hold him up so he awkwardly slid off her to fall onto the floor. “Won’t be able to speak or even blink. But it only blocks nerve signals, doesn’t numb them.” Spasms could be seen coursing through the man. People were beginning to scream and shout while May, perhaps due to shock, was staring at the floundering body, white as a sheet. “His body feels everything. Especially when his respiratory system shuts down.”

It couldn’t be seen but Everleigh knew Edwin’s lips were turning blue, and one could see that his red face was already turning purple.

But a botulinum dose that size takes days. And that’s why I developed something extra special. I like to call it Jican.” Everleigh wouldn’t need to explain further, she wouldn’t dare, because that was her ultimate masterpiece. It was greater than her acidic touch. A poison that kept bodies poisonous up to a year and blocked cellular metabolism. It was odorless, tasteless, water soluble and without antidote.

My pride and joy.” Everleigh purred as Edwin’s body went still, blood and yellow vomit gushing out of his parted mouth as the body released the waste within his bowls. Smelled almost as bad as the body of the old healer.

• Popcorn
Liliana listened very carefully to every word that Everleigh dictated.

She had always made sure to pay extra attention to the lesson they received at the Academy. She was not as powerful as some of the others, her magic neither as overt nor as direct as some of the other students. Thus she had always made sure to study, to learn.

It was no different now.

Evie might not have been a Proctor, but her abilities were useful. Something that she could learn about and use in the future if required. "Wonderful."

She said softly as the other Anirian finally finished explaining.

There was still a tinge of exhaustion to her tone. The night had simply been too much for her. She had broken Edwin, lead him to this point, but all of it had drained her to the point of utter exhaustion.

Despite that a wide smile pulled over her lips as the Prince pressed his lips against May. The screams began to echo, the cries shouting out as the boy collapsed onto the floor and his skin began to pale. Briefly she glanced at Everleigh, a slight smile pulling at her lips.

"Oh dear!" Her voice joined the chorus of concern.

"Call for a healer!" Liliana shouted, still half leaning on Everleigh. "Call for a Doctor!"

Her voice echoed through the room, but it sounded barely above the din as noble and servant both began to the scramble in desperation. The son of the Councilor was dying, his breath fading, his life flickering away.

And all there was to blame was one single woman.

• Aww
Chaos quickly ensued. Some people were like statues, utterly shocked to the point they couldn’t blink. Others wailed and screamed, cowering and covering their eyes. Some were more prone to action, pulling others away or rushing to get help. Everleigh pressed her forehead into Liliana’s shoulder, hiding her face. She was trying to hide that devilish grin.

It was the first time she had used jican on a human, she’d only ever tried on animals and then she had to be careful when it came to disposing the body as quickly as possible. She had many questions about how much her poison could really do— and right now, she was pleasantly pleased by it.

To others outside, it merely looked like Everleigh was sobbing into Liliana’s shoulder.

May stood in the center, like the eye of the storm. Her blank expression did nothing but look at Edwin’s body. When her gaze finally moved up, searching, guards were heading towards her. They seized her and only then did things seem to register to her. She cried out, now frantically searching. But it wasn’t for Liliana or Everleigh. Instead she was calling out her husband’s name.

As she was led out of the room, only a few steps away from the grand entrance, did the husband and wife see one another. May was sobbing, thick tears pouring down her red cheeks. Todd’s face was also red, not out of grief or shock or surprise, but by the vein bulging up on his wide forehead, it was evident he was furious. Completely and utterly furious at his wife. For killing someone? Making a scene? Or for cheating? Perhaps it was all three.

• Sip
The whole thing had gone remarkably well.

A few bumps had come up in the road, some quills that needed taking care of, but Evi and Liliana had been able to overcome them. The two girls stood together as they watched the chaos unfold. May was taken away, the city watch arrived, questions began to be asked.

The two Anirian's gave their excuses. They told the story of how Edwin had taken care of them, how he'd been the perfect gentlemen, how they had only met him that night but already adored him. No suspicion fell on them, not the least because of the weaves she cast over the Guard's minds.

It was well past midnight when the guests began to leave, when Liliana stepped up to an openly weeping Councilor.

The man was half hunched over, sitting in a plush chair. He was by himself, hands cradling his head. A sniffle escaped him as Liliana stepped towards him, her face a mask of sympathy. As she reached him, she placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. "I am so very sorry, Councilor. Edwin was a good man. A good person. It was a shame he had to die."

"T-thank you Lady Virak."​

He stuttered the words out, and Liliana slowly leaned in. A small smile touched her lips, her words a bare whisper.

"My cousin sends her regards, and a reminder." The man seemed to freeze in an instant. "House Virak does not forgive, nor forget."

Before he could answer Liliana pulled back, gently patting his cheek before she turned away. "Evie, lets go explore those hot springs. It has been a trying night."

The Lady Lorel said as she swept past her friend.

• Aww
Everleigh tilted her head at the interaction between the councilor and Liliana. Really she was moreso intrigued by the fact that a grown man was crying more than anything else. She found it so interesting that he was willing to showcase this sort of weakness in front of everyone. The initiate blinked, a new thought forming. Or was it normal for people to cry when they lost a child. Now that she thought about it really hard, wasn’t the last image she had of her mother was one of her crying? Or had she just thought this up right now?

The inward confusion was lifted when Liliana suggested going to the hot springs. Everleigh eagerly perked up, excitement glittering in her gray eyes. She really would like to go and experience as something as magical as hot springs. It was almost hard for her to hide the slight skip in her step as they moved back to the carriage.

Once they were finally inside the carriage and roughly five minutes away from the councilor’s home did the poison eater speak up.

What did he do to House Virak?” Everleigh asked, glancing down at her gloved hands. She had to admit, it was a bit of a show, one that she got to be a part of. There was just that twinge of doubt that told her how dangerous it would be to be on the receiving end of such revenge.

Last edited:
  • Sip
As they sat themselves down in the carriage Liliana leaned to the side, gently letting her chin come to a rest within her palm. Fingers gently trailed over her own cheek. "I believe the Good Councilor reneged on a bargain."

Cousin Elise had not been too forthcoming, she never was.

The woman had been like an older sister to Liliana growing up, always checking in with her even at the Academy. The Baroness was a fierce woman, and probably one of the few people that the young Initiate actually admired.

"My Cousin does not take kindly to..." A frown touched her lips. "Being denied something."

Her head shook gently.

• Aww
Everleigh leaned forward ever so slightly in her seat as she sat across from Liliana. She had never once even set her gaze on Lady Virak. She really just pictured a Liliana who maybe looked slightly different and wore a dress often instead of armor. Everleigh tilted her head as Liliana finished.

Sounds like us.” She said. It wasn’t a understatement. Everleigh always got what was owed to her, and there were many different ways she’d get her money back. If it wasn’t going to be through coin then body parts would do. Really, it was preferable to take a tooth from an initiate or the fingernails or to chop off a finger. It would be a constant reminder that she had won, they she owned a part of them they could never get back. And if she wanted to, she could throw that away and not care about it because it was never anything special to her and wouldn’t be something she missed.

Liliana was very much so the same way. The initiate knew that. She was playing with fire. And what was more fun than adding fuel to it? She picked up one of the glasses that had been left inside— it was Liliana’s due to the color of the lipstick— and filled it up with that Dornoch wine and held it out to the blonde.

You should celebrate.” The poison eater offered and with cheerful mischievousness, grinned at Liliana. Her eyes sparkled. “I know you’re tired but this will just help you relax more.” She added. “Or so I’ve been told.” Everleigh looked down at the wine and wrinkled her nose ever so slightly. It smelled lovely but she knew it hardly tasted the way it smelled.

• Smug
Liliana's eyes flickered to the glass.

Dreadlord initiates on their best days were paranoid, at least those who had been brought up in the old ways. There had been a constant competition, a press to be the best. Backstabbing and killing hadn't been uncommon for the normal students.

For those like Liliana?

She had left more than a few bodies in her wake, though had almost never struck the killing blow herself. Not because she was squeamish or opposed to getting her hands dirty, but because she long learned there were better methods of getting rid of competition.

That was why she couldn't help the sliver of suspicion as Everleigh offered her the glass of wine. She knew it wasn't poisoned, she had watched the glass and bottle far too carefully for that. Yet she could practically feel the underlying motive to Evie's actions. A smile drew across her lips as she considered.

Despite that tickle in the back of her mind, that constant calling and lack of trust she had come to like Everleigh.

Liliana did not have 'friends', not even Jaxan or Trix would have fallen on such a lofty title. Yet there were those whom she was freer with, those who saw a little more of what she was. Everleigh had risen to that step now, and after a moment the Lady Lorel made her decision. "Sure."

She said simply.

"But…" There was always a caveat. "Only if you join me."

An easy smile touched her lips.

• Aww
I could try it again,” Everleigh admitted with an easygoing shrug. She took her own wine glass, pouring wine in it before placing the bottle away. She looked down at the dark liquid, admiring it’s color now. She seemed more at ease than she had before, mostly because their mission was done and really, despite the gala being lovely, it was a struggle for Everleigh. She wasn’t taught poise and etiquette and despite holding an air of elegance to her, she couldn’t even hold a candle to Liliana.

But now she had seen the noble in action. She’d copy it, that assurance, those movements, for next time if she was ever in a similar situation. She took a large swig, drinking the wine quickly. It was the only way she could really handle the taste. Although now Everleigh would admit she could taste more than just that overwhelming bitterness contrasting against a sweet scent.

She could taste the spiciness, the fruitiness of the wine. There was a sweetness, and really, the fact that the flavor evolved over an entire sip was a unique experience. So much so that now Everleigh’s glass was half empty.

I’m still not sure I can appreciate the taste of wine,” Everleigh said rather sheepishly, “a part of me still wants to recoil, but I think the more I drink the less strong it starts to taste.” She paused, a heat rushing over her. “I feel a bit lighter, it’s nice.” She added with a small genuine smile. Evie had absolutely no idea that drinking wine on an empty stomach was never a good thing. Moreso, she didn’t understand that when one couldn’t taste the alcohol anymore, it was essentially a sign that one should stop drinking.

• Smug
Liliana raised an eyebrow as Everleigh practically gulped down half the glass of wine.

Her forthcoming explanation illuminated the reason why, and she slowly shook her head. Some of the other Initiates had stated similar things on previous missions, though she hadn't much cared at the time. Maybe Everleigh simply didn't have the pallet for such things.

"Perhaps your tongue is more suited for other spirits." The Noble mused for a brief moment.

"Alliria is a hub for all sorts of trade." It was, without a doubt the greatest port in the world. Everything could be found within the markets here. Shekethy peppers, Kality spices, even Neusian red root. Alliria was a center of commerce. "We'll send the servants out!"

Liliana exclaimed with a wide smile, taking a sip of her own wine. "Create a tasting menu."

Oh what a lovely time that would be.

• Wonder
Everleigh couldn’t even suggest what her tongue could be suited towards. She hadn’t drank, ever. Well, she had had something once, but it was more akin to rubbing alcohol as it was to help disinfect a bad tooth she had at one point when she didn’t duck fast enough to avoid a punch.

Everleigh glanced at Liliana with a surprised look. She had never really heard the noble sound genuinely excited about something before. Which wouldn’t be that far fetched considering the times she had been with Liliana were always with a serious undertone, classes or missions that required the initiates to be on their best behavior. A part of Everleigh wanted to tell her there was no need to go through all the trouble, that really she could handle the wine.

But she didn’t. Not for any sort of gluttony but because Liliana’s smile was so radiant and genuine. She seemed excited to try new things— or at least to experience things again that she didn’t really have the opportunity to do so back at the academy with all the strict rules and regulations. So really, more so for Liliana’s sake than her own, Everleigh beamed at Liliana.

That sounds like a great idea.” The poison eater replied. “I can help pay.” She had brought some coin with her just in case— she wasn’t sure what Alliria was like. “Oh, but I only have Vel Anir’s… maybe when we’re back at the academy I can pay you back.”

• Popcorn
Liliana scoffed loudly. "Evie, dear."

Her gaze leveled at her companion, head slowly shaking.

"No. Don't be ridiculous." The amount of coin Evie had was likely...well, a pittance compared to what Liliana had alone. Compare that to the vast sums still lingering in the coffers of House Virak? Even after the tithe by the New Republic the Great Houses were still wealthy beyond all belief. "Cousin Elise is footing this bill."

She told the other girl with a bright beaming smile. "It's the least she can do."

Besides, the Baroness would not notice, even if Liliana did fully intend to branch into the obscene costs of certain liquors.

"Don't worry about a thing." Liliana said with a dismissive waste of her hand. Her smile remaining as the carriage finally made it's way back to the hotel. It was still as gleaming and glimmering as it had been when they arrived, though now lit by dozens of torches and gas lamps.

The door to the carriage fell open, and the night revelry began.

• Ctuhlu senpai
Evie looked down a bit sheepishly. It was a ridiculous thought. Liliana was a noble, anything Everleigh could offer was very, very slim. But, she had offered something, hadn’t she? The poison. And it did work perfectly, the job was done and Liliana despite her exhaustion was in a good mood. Everleigh tucked a black strand of hair behind her ear and looked back up at Liliana.

Thank you,” she said. It was the only thing she could really do at this point. She wasn’t on equal footing with Liliana, the initiate knew that. The academy made sure that every student knew that they were not all made equal. The small amount of graduates every year proved that fact. Especially outside the academy, Everleigh was a mere ant to Liliana’s status. But that was fine.

Because it was Liliana after all.

And so when the two girls left the carriage and the effects of Everleigh’s glamor wore off, Evie still felt in extremely high spirits. Was it the wine? Or was it something else? The poison eater wasn’t sure, but all she knew was that in this moment she didn’t feel guilty for feeling that sort of vulnerability around Liliana. She didn’t even think it could bite her back in the butt.

Can we go explore the hot springs first?” She asked eagerly, looking at Liliana like a puppy would at the sight of their favorite toy.

• Smug
"Of course." It would take time for the servants to gather the spirits anyway. She was sure there was a mountain of them at the hotel, but Liliana intended to dive to the very depths of Evie's pallet.

As they ascended the steps of the hotel once more a Porter quickly approached the two women. He bowed to Liliana, offering a quick greeting and a few terse words about some sort of message from Vel Anir. Liliana waved him off.

"My companion and I will be enjoying the hot springs." She declared to the servant. "I want a tasting menu created."

As she spoke Liliana never stopped, cutting through the hotel and forcing the porter to follow along with every step. "Every spirit and fine liqueur you can find."

That was probably a bit much.

"Oban Grappa, Neusian Vodka, Mead from Kjos, Ouzo from Avalon, some rum from the Bayou." The last was a rather disgusting place, but their rum really was delicious...almost sweet.

She stopped for a second, pausing. "Oh and, some Shekethian Ren."

The Porter gaped for a moment.

"Ma'am that's almost ten thousand crowns a bo-"​

A frown flickered over Liliana's face, her features staring hard at the man. His voice seemed to sputter out, head then tipping almost immediately.

"Yes, yes of course, right away ma'am."​

"Good. Bring it to us, and make sure no one else disturbs us." The noble said, flashing that false smile before she turned back to her companion. Her eyes lit up, the smile finally touching them, and then the two began to descend into the caverns beneath the hotel.

Smooth carved walls and carefully adorned stone steps guided their path, the air growing humid and warm the more they descended until eventually they happened upon a large cavern. There a few bamboo dividers had been built around dozens of pools of steaming water, the largest of which lay in the center of it all.

The one Liliana and Evie would claim for themselves.

• Nervous