Fae Courts Hounds & Horns

Threads open to all members of the Fae Courts group
Normally, the Fae King would not have gone out of his way to trail behind somebody disengaging from a conversation, but as it seemed the time for dancing had passed, owing to the behaviors of the other guests in no small part, Nairth opted to continue their chat, walking several paces behind his new acquaintance as she confessed to all but bashfulness in the presence of others.

A shy Leannan? How quaint.

"And yet, here you are. A Wild Hunt feast is no small gathering, Solenne. Were you in the mood to ease yourself back into the public eye, you could have picked a much smaller event." Nairth smiled, eyes lingering on the strip of paint he'd left on her face. The gold was a stark contrast with the black of her hair, but it blended with the color of her skin nicely. Yes, it was as he'd suspected... "Not that I wish to imply you speak untruths, I simply find your presence here curious."

A hand reached out, cupping long ribbons of her hair in his palm before letting his fingernails drag against her cheek. His head tilted, smile fading into a thoughtful him as he stepped closer to the Sidhe. "But..." He murmured softly, lowering his hand and brushing snugly past her to reclaim the seat he'd held behind her, lowering with a sigh. "I should take such blessings for granted. I rarely have a figure of such beauty to share in the dance with. I owe you a small debt, I think."

Solenne

• Ctuhlu senpai
Reactions: Solenne
Solenne dared not to move a muscle as the King neared her, only to brush past and take the seat she had seen him in earlier. A smug smile pulled at her lips as she turned to follow his movements, letting her rust coloured eyes settle on him for a moment.

Her reasoning to attend was still unknown to her, but she was not at all shy among those gathered now. It was only her kind she held distrust with, and Nairth said it himself, that his Court welcomed them. Solenne did not see a need to correct him, instead turning her attention to him deliberating on a debt owed to her. "Surely you have seen your fair share of beauty, King of the Spring Court." She grinned. "Did you owe every beauty you have danced with in your life a debt? Or was the pleasure of having your hand for a moment sufficient?"

She was a moth to a flame, it seemed. The pull to this celebration was too much to ignore, knowing that there were many secrets she could unearth. Nairth had an air of intrigue to him, and the Leannan needed to decipher what was his undeniable charm and what was the pull that kept her here. The obvious and most intriguing present would have been the acquaintance of Spring Court, the male with the curse. Or perhaps the Erlking if she wished to dance with the promise of death.

"What of those Duannans? Those with the red hair. Are they not beauties worthy of a dance or debt?" Her eyes tored from him and looked to see one of what she supposed were sisters, in the presence of the King of this Court. The second... was nowhere to be seen.

Nairth San'Seya

• Devil
Reactions: Paetr
Wasn't often one got the enjoy the sight of a goblin being dragged away for something as mundane as a bath. Saang's gaze followed the screeching creature, brows raised lightly in a muddled mixture of surprise at the drama of it. Goblins did not like baths, this he knew, but he'd always been of the opinion that goblins did not like most good things in life. Such a loss ... for them.

As for the fate of his sister, well. The words that left the Erlking's mouth did indeed alleviate his fear of her death. And yet ... she could still face a mirrored end as the statue and life she, herself, helped destroy.

"Great Erlking," Saang spoke up, "a just and most merciful punishment you have rendered for one of my youngest and most inexperienced siblings. I humbly ask to speak with my dear sister before it is enacted. I had hoped to celebrate with my family this evening and take a turn on the dancefloor with each member in attendance ... but it seems I will not have that chance with her. It has been many long months since I have been able to visit, and the disappointment I hold cannot be equaled in words."

The Commander placed a hand over his chest and bowed, awaiting the Erlking's response - one that arrived shortly and with a reminder of his benevolence. Naturally, Saang agreed entirely, slipping past the guards with Ianthe's hand still secured within his own to approach Signe where he took her into a tight, one-armed embrace.

"You have chosen poorly this night, Signe," he murmured into her hair, "it is my fault for not preparing you better for your first social outing into the wider courts. I will see this shortcoming rectified ... after your punishment has been fulfilled."

A breath and then as he looked to the side at Ianthe, "Thank you for giving your time and talents to Ianthe for the evening. You and Seryn both have outdone yourselves... but I will be informing mother of your inglorious misstep."

Seryn Lusce

Seryn took hold of his arm once more, pressing her forehead to his shoulder for a moment and taking in his scent. It would be difficult to forget such warmth... "I fear there will be competition this night. Who would steal the most hearts between my brother... and you."

"I plan to steal no more hearts this night. Not now."

His chose his wording quite specifically. When the hunt began he would be having his way. Perhaps with more vigour after the little walk.

"Lets us take our time on a little walk back then. To let you cool off. We should not rush such things. I don't believe you're ready to bear the weight of my affections," he replied. "I would do you a disservice with the time we have. You deserve that time and I would not compromise for anything but the perfect start to uniting our bodies."

Paetr left her with a knowing grin as he took the - now slightly unstable Lusce sister - back to the party. He released her hand and let her place it over his arm in a more formally suitable manner as they arrived.

When they returned, they found the event in chaos.

The High Lord stood tall, eyes wide and turning from Saang to Midir. The sister of his heart's desire - at least his heart's desire for the last ten minutes which was an eternity in Paetr's attention span - was being punished. He opened his mouth to interject.

"My lord," one of his advisors had appeared on his shoulder. "Lord Lusce has this under control."

Paetr closed his mouth. He shot his advisor a brief glare.

Midir watched the exchange with bored disinterest for half a second before his eyes slid back to the kelpie still hovering just behind his guards. Just out of reach.

The Erlking smiled a slow, unkind smile and tipped his glass towards her.

Once the theatrics of siblings was complete he stood and motioned for Saang to step back and took his place. For a moment he merely stared down at the girl, running a critical eye over her slightly dishevelled state from her mad dash through the party. Then he raised a hand and gently brushed ice cold fingers down her cheek to grasp her chin in an iron grip.

"As you and your friend deemed my last statue so ugly, I expect you to do better. Pose."

Once Signe had obeyed, Midir cut his finger against the sharp antler on his throne and brushed the blood across her lips.

"One month."

The words seemed to be a key of sorts for no sooner were they spoken than the stone claimed her body, piece by piece.

Ianthe stuck her tongue out in response to the Erlkings toast.

It would probably get her killed but she didn't care. She was Angry. Angry that her one Person was no doubt going to disintegrate when the grime was removed from their body, angry that her evening was ruined, angry that it was always his sisters who got in the way, angry, angry, angry.

She was so tired of being angry.

Ianthe turned her back to let Saang have his moment with his sister and took the few steps off the hilltop to wait a little further from that too old and too powerful gaze.

"I knew I shouldn't have come," she muttered to herself and went to kick a rock then thought better of it. Could be some poor wisp or something. Ah, fuck it. Ianthe put a bit more force than she had intended originally into the kick and sent the rock thundering down the hill into the bushes below.

Wrongtoe was dragged away, her brother was hugging her, scolding her without needing to raise his voice, and from the corner of her peripheral, she could see the duanann with one arm, watching her. Signe shivered, thinking over Saang’s words. She thought of what the duanann had told her. Her arms were tight at her sides and when she stepped back, green slits of silent ire looked at the brother she so adored, just not in this moment.

Aren’t you right about my poor decisions,” Signe said, bending over and beginning to rip her dress on one side. A strange part of her found delight in having such ugly feet and legs on display. “Such a shame that tossing me away to Winter Court didn’t work out for you and Mother.” She turned, giving Saang one last look. “I’m clearly dying for attention.” Without her pointe shoes, she was forced to put all her weight on one toe, but once again, that slimy, squirmy, scummy part of her enjoyed the pain.

It was harder to balance, and she hadn’t stretched so to pull her leg up high for her foot to be high in the air, just as she threw her head back, chest high, waist tightly curved, one hand above her head, the other arm for balance, holding this pose without toppling over, fingers pretty, smile not strained— needless to say, Signe clearly thought she was telling her brother off with the adagio.

She hadn’t realized that she’d feel such immense strain and continue to feel it as she was turned to stone. The change was immediately but much to Signe’s dismay she didn’t lose consciousness as she thought she would. If she weren’t made of stone, Signe would have worried about her ankle breaking. Instead, she just had to worry about someone pushing her to the ground. Stupidly, her pose would make it far easier to do. The month to come would be long and painful, all because she sought to stick it to her only brother that had come to her rescue.

[thread exit]

Seryn felt her cheeks warm more under the gaze Paetr paid attention to her with. As soon as the party was within view, she pulled up her demure demeanour once more to hide behind, hoping none could see the growing lust and affection she held for this Lord.

She could not answer Paetr here, not when there were ears that could listen, but her eyes fell on the scene they returned to.

Her eyes drifted from Saang and Ianthe, to the Erlking, and finally her sister, moving her body to pose just as their host had instructed. She saw it on Saang's face, saw the defiance in her sister's face as her body, struggling to keep position as she had not stretched properly, soon came to be still.

"Signe!" Seryn gasped loudly, taking a step then another in her direction. Oh, what mischief had she done?! All she wanted to do was to run to her sister, to promise her she will be whole after her sentence. She wanted to plead with Saang, to plead with the Erlking... but she stayed where she was, painfully watching Signe's still figure.

She would not do the family any favours rushing in. She would not be keeping the low profile Saang had asked of them.

Seryn's bottom lip quivered, her hand clutching Paetr's arm tightly to keep herself from  yelling with the hurt and frustration she felt. Perhaps she should have never strayed from her sister, but... in the end Signe would of bounded off away from her eventually.

"Did he say a month?" She murmured, trying her best to stop the ache of tears ripping through her. It would ruin the makeup Signe had done with such detail.

Paetr
Saang Lusce

The King did not withhold his amusement from the Sidhe prodding gently at his undeniably hedonistic lifestyle. To celebrate life meant reveling in all facets, and what facet was more important to life than the very act that birthed it?

As Solenne turned and settled her gaze upon him, Nairth brushed the silvery strands of hair from his brow with a hand, tucking them behind his ear as his expression shifted, the smirk he wore had been one of humor, but when his gaze sharpened, his pupils seeming to penetrate her own as his head tilted downwards... it almost seemed he was appreciating facets of her in particular.

"To be blessed with a dance is a gift, but I think you'll find I'm rather talented in repaying such boons..." The King of Spring almost seemed to purr as he pushed back. "And while mine eyes have beholden much beauty, I dare not insult you by admiring any but the one I've an interest in."

Alas, his attention would be so abruptly pulled from seeing how his new companion would react to his rather transparent declaration of attraction. Solenne directed it instead towards the Lusce siblings, having unquestionably been the center of attention this year. San'Seya hadn't been paying too much attention to them, his efforts on the woman standing across him now, but her question nonetheless warranted a fair answer.

"The Family Lusce, a most prominent bloodline stemming from The Night Court. I will not lie to you and claim I hadn't entertained the thought of attempting an interaction with them today, but." He waves a hand towards the unfortunate young woman being turned to stone before their very eyes. "Spring and Night have never seen eye-to-eye. To offer a dance to a maiden of the Night could be seen as an... overreach.

An unavoidable hint of disappointment marked his tone, as he looked back to her with a shrug.

"I would like to... mend fences with the Night. The current generation of Lusce's... I see the potential for good in them, something I haven't in some time. Tonight will not be the night, unfortunately."

Solenne

Solenne wagged a single finger, directing it to the King's way and clicking her tongue as if she were chastising a young child. "I feel as if I am now caught in your web of charms," she smiled, hands falling flat against the yellow skirts of her dress. "And that you are now honing in for your meal with that declaration." It was certainly not the first time she had been subjected to charm and wiles, but this being the first time she had caught the attentions of a King.

The Leannan Sidhe glided over to an unoccupied seat and turned it to face Nairth before comfortably sitting upon it. She gazed up at him, curious hues of pinky rust glimmering with amusement. "Will you tell me more of this story of the Tower? Are there others like it, lost to time to many, but not to you?"

Nairth San'Seya

Well this whole ordeal had deeply and wholly soured his mood for the evening. Regret settled into his chest like an iron dagger and it burned within him equal parts resentment, anger, frustration, and bitter sadness. If he lingered, he'd likely begin to effect the moods and atmosphere of those nearby and he certainly did not need that onus upon his family name as well.

Saang spared Signe one last prickly, mournful look before turning away and finding Ianthe once more, "I am sorry... this is not how I envisioned this evening going. We should-" he stopped himself speaking on her behalf. She was a free kelpie and she did not take orders from him anymore, no matter how much he wanted her to remain at his side for the evening, "I should leave and take Seryn home. Our family name cannot withstand any further slights or attention tonight."

His gaze shifted briefly to Seryn who had mysteriously reappeared on Paetr's arm. Saang's lips pressed into a thin line beneath a lowering brow, utterly frustrated with how horribly he'd bungled this evening. He should have arrived with the girls, should have made his expectations of them clearer from the start, should have kept a closer eye and a shorter leash.

Should have should have should have.

He looked back to Ianthe, frowning, "I just wanted... to dance with you. Enjoy your company. I've missed you... do you want to stay? You could come with us. We could have dinner. I could put some music on at the manor and have our own little party."

Something was wrong, he felt it in his pips.
The mood upon returning was dark and deep as oceans.
Some staff were sweeping up the broken statue and another team looked to be moving a replacement in.
Curcurbita stopped at examined the new statue.
"It looks very convincing!"
He commented to the onlookers who gave him confused looks and gasps of horror.

One moment she was aiming a kick at another rock, the next she was leant against the tree inspecting her fingernails as though nothing were amiss with the evening. Like she couldn't care less. She looked up as Saang drew near, glancing once briefly over his shoulder to wear a group of servants were now carrying the statue back to its proper place. The kelpie couldn't help but think the girl deserved it. Had the Lusce's ever really known hardship or punishment? Sure, they were women in the Night Court which many would say was punishment enough, but then, those people had no idea how bad it could really get. How lucky the Lusce sisters had been tucked beneath Saangs protective wing.

The moment of satisfaction was thoroughly dashed however by Saang's announcement. Ianthe's expression grew cold and her body stiff. Of course. Why had she thought it would be any different here? Out of the corner of her eye she saw the other sister approaching with Paetr and she had to dig her nails into the palms of her hands to keep from lashing out.

She was so tired of being angry, yes, but at least she could rely on her anger. It wouldn't abandon her for something better.

Ianthe took a step back from the converging group.

"Or you could just stay. But you won't, will you? You'll always pick them," she sneered then shook her head, turning on her heel. She wanted a drink. Several drinks. Then she would go get her Kress damned Goblin back.

It was for her brother that she left Paetr's side, giving him a gentle squeeze of his arm and a warm smile. It was not a goodbye, for the third eldest Lusce planned on seeing him again.

To Saang, Seryn regarded her brother with a raised brow that could rival their mother's. "Oh, nonsense Saang. I can make my own way home, just as we got here. It is only good manners if you stay." She gave Ianthe a brief smile before nodding to where the Erlking held court. "Show him that the Lusces are not offended by his choice in punishment.."

Seryn peered over her bare shoulder, save for the chain of jewellery draped over it, to smile at Paetr.

"I had a lovely night, Saang. Thank you for letting us attend... It was lovely to meet your friend." She would of reached up to place a kiss to his cheek but Seryn was the smallest of the sisters. Instead, she settled for reaching up to pinch his cheek. "Stay. Enjoy yourself." Seryn insisted.

Despite the atrocities enacted on her hardwork of a dress, Seryn smiled at Ianthe before making her leave. She did not expect the kelpie to return it, or bid her farewell, but that suited the Duannan just fine.

Before leaving quietly, Seryn's hand gently brushed against Paetr's.

Until they meet again.

Exit.

He supposed he expected that sort of response from the kelpie. She had grown a strong distaste for his family since the very first day he'd brought her home to meet them. Shyreen had put the fear of the Gods in all of them, and he suspected even Ianthe, but his mother had been welcoming nevertheless. She'd never taken issue with lesser fae and he wondered if that had to do with her life among the Autumn Court long before the Night Court's existence.

Still, her frigid gaze and sharp words were painful because they were true. He did always choose his family, though he could hardly recall too many instances where he'd had to make that choice over her. Something seemed off about that accusation. Forced, maybe. He watched after her retreating form, humbled and irritated.

All he wanted, all he wanted was to enjoy an evening with Ianthe while granting his sisters the opportunity to make their debut into the civilized courts. Of all the sacrifices he'd made in his life to ensure their safety, comfort, and happiness ... was it so much to ask for one night of his own?

The Commander's furtive gaze shifted to Seryn when she approached, softening only faintly at her words. She had grown much in the last few years, but she was still very naive. Sheltered. Inexperienced with the world and the courts and all the nuances between them. He did not need to show the King anything - that he had not attacked him outright spoke volumes for a high ranking member of the Night Court. The pinch of his cheek earned her a flare of spite that he kept in check beneath the faint smile he offered her back. Saang remained silent.

He watched her go, shot a suspicious look at Paetr, then turned to follow after Ianthe.

Saang was nothing if not committed to at least making it up to her.

"I'm sorry," he said after her, quietly enough so as not to draw the attention of the party back upon them as he tracked her form while it stalked through the crowds. Felt like he was apologizing to her every time they met but it never felt wrong to do so.

"I didn't mean to upset you - we barely even got to say hello before all this nonsense. Can we start over?"

Thirteen.
Thirteen drinks, one for each year and not just any drinks.
Tonguetraps the most taste murdering, intoxicating drink you could get this side of the Valen Wilds.
They were neatly lined up in front of him. Being seen with the good King of Spring was good for some things it seemed.
Lifting the first he tried to think of a suitable toast.
"To the Courts, their Monarchs and all those within. Yes that about covers it I think."
And he knocked the first one back followed by a gasping wheeze from the burn it left in his throat.
Twelve left.

Ianthe

• Sip
Reactions: Ianthe
Something hot that felt dangerously like fucking tears pricked at Ianthe's eyes as she stalked her way through the crowd. High and Lesser fae alike wisely moved aside at one look at her face. If she could have seen it she might have understood; the honeyed brown that was their usual hue kept flickering to a startling violet and then back again - a sure sign amongst all fae that a dangerous magic might be unleashed upon them if they did get in her way. She was vaguely aware Saang was following her but she didn't stop until she got to the bar.

She gave the pumpkin a double take then sat down at one of the stools. She definitely needed a drink before getting into that conversation. So she stole one of the drinks lined up in front of him. Then the next. And the next. She was about to lift number four to her lips with Saang finally caught up.

"Go play happy families," she sneered then downed the fourth.

Suddenly there was company.
Curcurbita returned the double take and when this stranger kept on drinking his drinks he realised that his treat was perhaps not as necessary as this person's need to get out of their mind drunk.
So he took a long arm and scooped up the last two for himself.
"Cheers!"
He chimed as he necked one and kept the other.
"Help yourself, please."
The curious thing about being undead is despite what one may think it does not effect your survival instinct.
Right now, Curcurbita felt great respect for his new companion.
He watched though, as this other person arrived.
"Hello sir, you seem unprepared. You'd better have this."
His scrawny hand held out the remaining drink to Saang.

Ianthe Saang Lusce

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Ianthe
San' Seya gave a playful shrug of his shoulders at Solenne's scolding. Nairth wasn't particularly hiding his intentions in flirting with the Leannan, but neither did he see her as any sort of prey. Perish that thought, that he would be so uncouth as to prioritize something so base over pleasant conversation. The King had many women who could fill his bed, but only a few who could entertain him with words.

"That you say it aloud implies it's working." He hums with a smirk, watching her with those penetrating golden hues as she positions herself across from him. "And I would say it's somewhat disadvantageous to say as much before the game is over, wouldn't you?" There was a small tilt of his head as he posed they rhetorical question back to her.

Ah but the Tower, the secrets. That's where Solenne's mind was. It was beginning to make sense to him now, how this one thrived. Leannan all had something they sustained themselves with. Some fed off of adoration and affection, others off of pain, and Nairth had even met one who required sorrow and sadness to survive. This Sidhe before him though, it was becoming obvious what drove her.

"There are many secrets my land holds, and there are few that I do not have an intimate knowledge of." Nairth raised a hand, tapping the tip of his index finger against his temple. "Perhaps I would be willing to divulge some of this hidden knowledge with you, in the future." He dangled what she wanted most like a carrot on a stick in front of her, leaning back in his seat and chuckling. "It is a lot to go over, and there are so many ears here..."

Solenne

There are many secrets my land holds

"Such as myself." She interjected. Solenne smiled, one that withheld secrets of her own. But he did not outright deny her, merely speaking that one day he would be willing to divulge her curiosities. The leannan grinned, pleased to know that she would see him again once this night was over.

"Perhaps I will muster up the courage to meet you in your very Court. It would do myself some good to see more of the lands you oversee, King of Spring." The leannan canted her head to the side, as if listening in one a silent whisper. "I do suppose that we will meet again before long. I am afraid I must depart."

She rose from her seat, so soon after relaxing and indulging Nairth with conversation. Solenne dropped into a low curtsy, the skirts of her dark yellow dress smoothing as she went and her curtain of sleek hair fanning behind her with the autumnal leaves still clinging to the locks. "Good bye, King of the Spring Court."

Nairth San'Seya

"Go play happy families," she sneered then downed the fourth.

Saang grimaced back at that sneer. Normally he rather liked this side of Ianthe, but he found his liking had been soured by the subject matter at hand. The Commander opened his mouth to reply and found himself cut off by a pumpkin.

"Hello sir, you seem unprepared. You'd better have this."
His scrawny hand held out the remaining drink to Saang.

Saang gave the pumpkin a double take as well for good measure.

He'd seen some weird shit in his life, but this one was fresh. Brows raised, his eyes darted between pumpkin, sneering kelpie, and the drink. There was nothing for it - if you couldn't beat them, join them. With a shrug, he took the proffered drink and downed it with zest. A short shiver followed that squeezed into his eyes, "Thank you, Sir. Now," his gaze rounded on Ianthe and his brow lowered, "no," he told her astutely, "I don't want to."

"I would much rather spend my evening with you."

"Don't waste your drinks on him," Ianthe had attempted to whisper but half way through had decided she simply didn't care if Saang could hear her or was hurt by what she said. She slammed the heel of her palm three times against the bar to get the attention of the Selkie who was serving the drinks. She eyed Ianthe with the natural distrust that Selkies had for Kelpies and Ianthe flashed her teeth at her in response.

"More shots, for my new Pumpkin Spiced friend here," she clapped the pumpkin on the shoulder. With a sniff the woman turned away and set about pouring out the liquor into acorn glasses. Unable to help herself, Ianthe touched the pumpkin head and attempted to squeeze a cheek. It felt real. Taking a bite to see if it tasted real felt like a fifth drink kind of thing though. She shot Saang a withering look as she scootched closer to the pumpkin.

"And it's always what you want. Or your sisters. Or your mother. Or him. Ianthe always comes last. She won't mind. Well - she does!" the drinks arrived and the kelpie snatched one up.

This woman's hand left a slight mark on his face, or at least he felt one was there. He'd been bruised before but perhaps it was the drinks getting to him. Hightening his senses.
Curcurbita picked up another glass and drained it as it arrived.
He was deciding whether this was a good idea or not after listening to what the Kelpie said to this, strange man...
"Here, here, nobody should be forgotten about. Least of all by those who claim to care."
He told the woman, his new friend it seemed. Advice was for friends wasn't it and he should know, all cursed to be forgotten and forgetful.
"Not that I can talk *hic* hee hee haw."
He felt he should know who that man was who was here, like an itch in the back of his mind.
"I'm sorry Sir, but have I forgotten you before?"
Beside his new and zealous drinking companion this man seemed like a bit of a wet fish. Which always seemed an odd saying considering fish were typically wet.

Ianthe Paetr

It was all hurtful, but that seemed to be a growing theme toward him lately. Frowning, Saang released a heavy sigh and sat down at the bar, offered the selkie an appologetic glance, and approximated a lounging posture with his chin held aloft by his right hand.

"Yes, well... you are quite free to prioritize things as you please, if you'll recall." A bemused smirk twisted his lips before his eyes lingered off toward the direction Paetr had disappeared, "I am not."

Yet. Duty bound him just as tightly as her own previous enslavement. It was really just another form of slavery that he had yet to break free from... but he was making an effort to. It just wasn't as simple as uttering a counter enchantment like he had done for her.

"No good deed goes unpunished, I am finding," those eyes came back to the pumpkin and his brows rose as he gave the man a short look over, "I assure you I would remember if you had."

A beat, he gently drummed his fingers on the bar, met the questioning gaze of the selkie bartender and declined another round for himself. He would either be leaving imminently or staying all night to babysit a drunk kelpie. Neither option appealed in comparison to the idea he'd held for the evening.

Alas, this whole event was a fucking wash and he wasn't even a goblin.

"But your point is taken. What is it you want, Ianthe? For me to leave?"

Last edited:
Yes.

But the lie would not come no matter how much she seethed and raged against that last moral coil that bound the fae. What kind of God would leave them with such a curse? With a sideways glance to the pumpkin she corrected her thought to, what kind of God thought they were funny. There could be no other reason for the curses of their kind.

She took another shot in the hopes alcohol might soothe her ragged emotions. Kelpies, perhaps surprisingly perhaps not, did not drink often. Their diets were usually carefully managed by Handlers and in the wild, being addled by drink could mean being eaten by larger predators out on the ice sheets. Ianthe had always preferred the boons that came with not drinking whilst others did: she always came away the richer.

Tonight she didn't care. She felt a fool and she was happy to partake in any ritual that might get rid of that feeling. It seemed, however, drink made Ianthe the one thing she always tried to avoid being; honest.

"I want my goblin back. I want to burn this ridiculous dress. I want to ask this Pumpkin if it can only smell Pumpkin. I want..." she took a deep, shuddering breath and then downed the shot, wincing at the burn.

"I want. For once. To not feel like I'm just some... second thought to you."