Fae Courts Hounds & Horns

Threads open to all members of the Fae Courts group
He wore an easy smile watching her gracelessly accomplish her dare task. Curious to see her in such a way - despite having known the kelpie for her entire life, Saang could not think of another time he'd seen Ianthe drunk. Like a magic potion had suddenly made her ... congenial and social. It was a strange but endearing sort of thing.

To think he might've missed seeing this if he'd followed through with taking Seryn home. He frowned as Ianthe made her way back, feeling the salt of reminder on the sting of her hurtful words replaying in his head. He was glad for the shift of topic to the Pumpkin's preferred skull vector.

"A bit more difficult to carve a face into a leek though, I think..." Saang chuckled.

Last edited:
"Truth."

He'd not be performing any dares this evening, knowing Ianthe as he did and not knowing this Pumpkin fellow at all.

But what was going on with those eyes of hers?

Curcurbita watched the two.
Suddenly this was feeling odd.
Someone...
was...
CHEATING!
"The fucking *hic* gall."
He muttered from between his meaty lips as his round orange head swivelled three hundred and sixty degrees around.
He clasped the bartop with clawed fingers and raked them across it, creating a sharp screeching noise.
"Which *hic* one of you dishonors *hic* the game? Who is CHEATING?"
Curcurbita's hunched frame promised a menace his typically jovial countenance did not hint at.

Ianthe
Saang Lusce

Ianthe slowly tore her gaze from Saangs and then looked to the Pumpkin with a scowl.

"How do you cheat at Truth or Dare?" She didn't sound irritated at having been accused, more annoyed that she didn't know how to cheat in such a game. She pointed but the finger swayed with her drunkenness.

"Are you cheating?!"

• Aww
Reactions: Saang Lusce
Oh my. The drink was really beginning to hit them.

Saang settled his chin back into his palm and sipped at his flute of sparkling cider. How much longer this game might go on, he wondered, until one or both of them were flat out on the ground.

• Cthulu Knife
Reactions: Ianthe
The annoyingly sober man was correct. Curcurbita felt it in his pips.
Sneaking his head around Ianthe's shoulder he whispered into her ear with narrowed eyes.
"He's right, your turn to ask him. You know he'll answer. You can make him tell you aaanythiiing!"
This was fun.
Games were good.

Ianthe
Saang Lusce

Ianthe pursed her lips and wracked her quickly addling brain for one of hundreds of questions she had wanted to ask Saang over the centuries. She had only ever dared a few times when they had been alone on a mission and she'd restrained herself from asking the deeper questions.

Why were they all gone now?

There was only one that presented itself so she took a deep breath and asked in a whisper soft voice:

"Are you still in love with him?"

Well there was a question he'd not seen coming and it did, indeed, catch him by surprise. He at least needn't enquire as to which Him she was referring, having only one long-standing lover by which any infamy remained.

And any lingering feelings. If anything had taught him they hadn't completely been severed, it was the second challenge of the kelpie clan.

"No," he replied and it indeed was not a lie, "not for a long time."

Lust was not love. Indeed, Prince Tulok had broken his heart what felt like ages ago. He held no loyalty to that dark monster anymore though he could not doubt the Prince would still hold power over him were he to face him here and now.

Curcurbita gagged.
"How *hic* boring. You're not even embarassed."
With a swift motion he spun to fetch his massive drink of cider.
"Come now little *hic* water horse. Truth or Dare? It's my *hic* turn to ask tee hee."
Positively beaming with glee Curcurbita was delighted to try and compel a task or answer from his new companion.

Ianthe
Saang Lusce

Ianthe's eyes narrowed with clear suspicion. Had she asked the right question? Was he leaving something out? Was there someone else she should have asked about? They were all thoughts that made her feel worse when she had hoped his answer would... would...

"Truth," she repeated stubbornly.

• Cry
Reactions: Saang Lusce
"Do you prefer saltwater or freshwater?"
He had been wondering this about Kelpies for some time but had never asked, or maybe he had and had forgotten.
Regardless Ianthe, whom he did not know, had his wrapped attention for the answer.

Ianthe
Saang Lusce

• Wonder
Ianthe shot the pumpkin a look of indignation.

"I'm a  Saltwater kelpie," of course why would a pumpkin know that? Especially one that had lost his memories? She tried not to let the urge to follow up such an insult with violence like she normally would and distracted herself with another gulp of the bucket.

"Freshwater kelpies are just a bunch of airheaded pets for the rich."

Saang chuckled at that. He could have answered for her, knowing what the saltwater demons thought of their freshwater counterponies. Pulling another sip from his flute, he smiled amusedly at the pumpkin, "And now you. Truth or dare?"

• Cthuloo
Curcurbita thought as he looked out into the great wide nothing of his mind.
"Dare I suppose, not like they *hic* they can *hic* do much worse to *hic* meeee hee hee!"
His head lolled about like a loose flail now and his "cheeks" were marked by fresh cuts, spirals that gave him an exaggerated blush of sorts.

Ianthe
Saang Lusce

This pumpkin was quite drunk. A more vile man of the Night Court would have sent him on some drama-causing errand, but Saang was quite content to keep the mood light and the game fun.

"I dare you to let those pixies over there paint your pumpkin face however they like."

There was a trio of pixies over on the side of the dancefloor that had been facepainting the festive-goers all evening. It was their usual take of sparkles and flowers and wings and the normal fae stuff. He supposed the pumpkin would look rather fetching with a bit of glam.

"FINE!"
With a lack of grace that would make a blind troll look like a swan Curcurbita swung his legs and arms out and around, pivoting on his seat and stood in a hunched, languid stance before setting off towards the Pixies.
Every motion defied the natural concept of a working body. His head rolled around and around on his shoulders. His joints popped and locked seemingly at random as he effected a gait that made him look like he was at once too tall and didn't have enough limbs.
Passing by a group of chattering folk he paused.
"Nice, shoes *hic*. Ew, not on you though."
And continued leaving the offended party turning a burnished scarlet.
At last he landed (literally on his bottom) at the Pixie face paint stand opening his arms and demanding,
"DO YOUR WORST. THERE'S PLENTY *HIC* OF ROOM!"
The flurry of wings and brushes and chalks and pencils set about him, obscuring his whole massive gourd of a head from view for a few moments.

When it was done he thanked them, refused a mirror and stood shakily to begin his journey back.
As Curcurbita approached Ianthe and Saang (whom he did not know) it became clear that his face was a collage of brightly coloured fungus and moulds. A psycedelic landscape of vibrant patterns and colours that linked up perfectly all around his head.
"How *hic* How does I look?"
He asked them as he clattered back onto the bartop, reaching for his massive cider and missing it the first time, causing him to let out a deflating and disappointed whine.

Ianthe
Saang Lusce

Ianthe gave Saang a quizzical look - such a whimsical thing seemed... well, unlike the Saang she knew. But then again, there was hardly ever a chance to go get your face painted when you were tearing out the throats of your enemies. She didn't think the artistic spray of blood that came from a well placed stab counted.

She watched with amusement as the pumpkin stumbled his way towards the pixies and then was set upon.

"That's what your sisters did to me," she huffed a laugh and then slurped another mouthful from the bucket, looking surprised when there was no more. The barkeep dutifully refilled it. She was just nursing the new drink when their orange friend returned.

"Interesting," beautiful would have definitely been a lie. "I hope that's not permanent ink."

Slurp.

"Truth or Dare?" her eyes flickered back to Saang.

A rueful chuckle sounded at the comment of his sisters. He could not deny they probably had just as much fun beautifying the kelpie as those pixies were having with the pumpkin, but he rather thought there was a bit more difference than Ianthe thought, "Yes but yours looks quite lovely..."

As opposed to what Curcurbita returned with. "Festive," Saang replied to the pumpkin with a smile. And indeed he was. The very spirit of the season now decorated the gourd. What a fun little dare. He wondered how long it would last.

Another sip from his flute.

"Truth."

• Cthuloo
Saang raised his brows at the pumpkin-headed fae. Oh my, getting a bit zozzled over there, wasn't he?

"Ah," he realized at the question, "my apologies, seems I missed my introduction. I am Saang," he nodded to the gourd politely in greeting. Well that was quite the easy question, wasn't it?