Dreadlords The Beach Episode

Threads open to all members of the Dreadlords group
Chasmine Noel

A very pointed sniff as she looked down at them both taking on the tone of one of the proctors explaining something they should already know from previous lessons.

"It's vaa-lee-baal."

Liza Newcastle Kalix Sable Pembroke

Perci forced herself to take small steps so she didn't leave the shorter ones behind with her long-legged strides. Up ahead was a row of boutique shops and Perci shrugged as she went toward one of the first ones, opening the door with a little too much strength that might knock a fellow initiate over if they happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Like most shops for someone her size, it didn't seem to have enough space between racks and displays. She could already tell the dressing rooms in the back would be too small.

A grimace as she shuffled inside, trying to mind the things so as not to bump them all off the hangers and stands. Perci truly looked like a lost buoy at sea and once again wished they were fighting monsters instead. Her elbow moved and knocked over a display of sparkly swimsuits.

A short-suffering sigh left the tip of her nose.

He made a pained face at the word random. Sure, it was all in jest. But it wounded him. When she winced, he would grin in an attempt to assure her he wasn't actually offended. "Nono, do continue." He teased.

He removed his white gloves and tucked them into his belt before his left hand came up and scratched at the burn scars on the left side of his face. "I mean, I can always be talked into lewd amounts of bread."

Ryan Ashford

All the talk of volleyball and acquiring new garments in town was certainly stimulating, but Sable found his brow furrowing deeper and deeper as the group of students began to walk into town. Soon, a dark cloud began to loom over the young man's head as deep concern entering his heart and thoughts.

The words 'lewd amounts of bread' had just been uttered three distinct times in Sable's presence, and they were just as uncomfortable and confusing to hear the third time as the first.
"I'm hesitant to ask..." Sable hazarded, a wince on his mien. "What, exactly, constitutes a...'lewd' amount of bread?"

Kalix gave Sable his signature smirk, heck yeah, if Sable was gonna play with them then Kalix couldn’t wait. He was already thinking about how they should divide up the teams as they were walking over to the shops. It wouldn’t be fair to the shorties if it was Sable, Perci and Kalix on one team versus Chasmine and Liza. He frowned. It may need to be two against three to keep things equal. Unless if Noel joined in? Would she join in?

His frowned deepened as Perci began, well, surprisingly being ungraceful. He glanced over at Chasmine, and scooted her, albeit a bit roughly, out of Perci’s general area.

Don’t want anything to fall on ya.” He informed the slight girl, and looked around, half expecting Dorian to give him that blue-eyed withering look. Oh yeah, Dorian wasn’t here. Well if it wasn’t Kalix’s lucky day. He then moved over and picked up the hangars that Perci had knocked off the rack. He looked at the garments and grinned, holding them up to her.

Look,” he said, a ginormous grin on his face. “I’m gonna wear this.” And up he held a white swimsuit with Gerra’s face on it, completed with devil horns and a mustache.

Noel attempted to stay above the chatter related to the pronunciation of vallball and the discussions surrounding lewd bread. There was only going to be one thing 'lewd' about this trip and she was determined to ensure it had absolutely nothing to do with gluten.

Following just behind Perseus she caught the door that was flung ajar, despite the opening of it being quite forceful, and briefly ducked after seeing Perci behave similarly. There was no real need of that though, the other initiate was significantly taller than Noel.

As Kalix showed off his recent find Noel's eyes bulged from her sockets. "No," she said as delicately to Kalix as she could, "you are not going to wear that."

This was going to be a beach trip to remember and it wasn't going to be because of the hideous outfit the gravity manipulator was showing off.

"Please. Put on literally anything else."

Chasmine had followed in after Persi, completely unconcerned with the amount of devastation the other girl was bringing to the shop. It was with a great deal of luck that Kalix happened in behind her and herded her out of the range of destruction before the one rack could fall on, or through as the case usually was, Chasmine.

"Oh my," Chas remarked as he held up the suit, blinking in bright wonder at the face, "is wearing faces in fashion?" Her eyes trailed to another rack featuring a woman wearing an emerald crown who she did not recognize. A dainty hand lifted to inspect, but stopped just as soon as she heard Noel's voice.

Hmm, maybe not?

Chas moved on to another rack and gently picked up what she thought to be an underwear garment, but only the bottom piece? She did not realize she'd found the men's racier bottoms, "This seems rather inadequately crafted for swimming."

Last edited:
Ella smiled as Edric joined Ral and herself. This would definitely be an interesting day after all.

They walked together for a while before Ella saw the place that was perfect. It was weirdly bright purple building that screamed this is the worst idea and you want to be here. Ella agreed.

"We are going there," she said to her companions and pointed at the obnoxious building. "The Upside Down Skirt."

Edric Ralene

Perci looked up at what Kalix held. A frown ticked on her full-lips. A shake of her wiry-haired head.

"Kalix, no."

Sighing, she wistfully looked at Chas as the slighter girl moved easily through the racks. Scooping up a handful of swimsuits of various sizes and cuts she made her way toward the dressing rooms and closed the curtain behind her. Her head poking clearly out of the top.

Another sigh as she began to unlatch her weapons one at a time. A grimace as her elbow bumped into the small space. A clatter as hidden knives were tugged off and a small mountain began to form next to the wall in the dressing room with the tall mirror.

A peek out from the dressing room at what the slighter girl held up.

Yeah, Kalix or one of the others could handle that.

"Have fun, allegedly," Ralene replied to Edric, having gone through a very similar thought process as him while the Captain had divied out their coin purses, "but it sounded a lot like start shit to me."

She wasn't typically the one to go looking for trouble. There were plenty of other Initiates that seemed to stir up trouble no matter where they went. Ral preferred to watch, but like hell would she stand idle if trouble found her. So when Ele pointed out their destination, there was no stopping the rueful grin and chuckle, "Let's just hope they serve more than fish..."

Leading the way into the establishment, Ralene opened the door to a packed and rowdy crowd with a live band playing off in the corner and tables full of patrons from every make and mark.

"Find urselves a table," said a voice that Ral had trouble tracking...until she looked down and lofted a brow at the halfling that greeted her, "I'll be with you soon as I can."

"I just meant that I am not a touchy person. If I was with someone...uhhh...sorry," she was still trying to fix her previous statement. She felt bad now. She had totally missed is teasing.

"So...where do you want to go?" Ryan asked and rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly. "And is there alcohol?"

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

• Orc
  • Popcorn
Reactions: Kalix and Edric
"Interesting name, El. Thinking of changing your sense of fashion?" Edric said with a glance towards the other Initiates clothes.

A smile flickered briefly over his lips, and then he followed Ralene into the bar. A wall of sound and smell almost immediately assaulted him. The din of conversation almost drowning out the sound of music carrying through the air.

The Halfling called over to them, and Edric began to peer over the crowd. He spotted a table in the back with four open eats. "The-"

Before he could finish speaking a figure suddenly slammed into him.

An orc woman, as tall as him and built with enough muscle to tear a tree in half collapsed into his arms as she shoved her way through the doors. There was a broad smile on her face, her features practically beaming with the delight of more than a dozen shots.

"Well hello there Handsome."

The woman growled, before suddenly the three Initiates found themselves completely surrounded by a gaggle of similarly impressive Orc women as they stormed into the Tavern.

"NAZ OF THE HEARTBLOODS IS GETTIN MARRIED! AN EVERYONE IN HERE IS DRINKIN TO IT!"

Confusion flickered over the faces of those in the tavern, quickly replaced with a roar of cheers as the same woman anounced they would be paying for the drinks. Edric was about to turn to Ral to say they should find another bar, but before he could the orc who had crashed into him suddenly swept him off his feet.

She pulled Edric into her arms like a Prince carrying the woman he loved, her bright beaming smile half hidden by a sweep of raven black hair.

"You'll be drinkin' with me, lovely."

The woman declared, as though there were not a single inch for argument.

Ralene | Eleanor

Drast would laugh at Ryan's dismay. "Ry, I'm just messing with ya. Doesn't actually bother me none." He would remove his flask and offer it to her. "Something to hold us over.." he mused.

After a couple hundred more feet, they had reached the sand and he whistled at the view of the clear blue water, the nearly white sand, and.. the scantily clad women. But what really caught his eye? The colorful and very large crab hugging a bottle that was affixed to the tavern. "Huh... the Trusty Comb? Thats quite the name."

Ryan Ashford

Ella threw a look at Edric as they entered the bar together. Before they could get a table, they were accosted by a gaggle of Orc women. She just watched with wide eyes as it was announced that the group was buying drinks. She was one hundred percent okay with that and by the cheers that went threw the bar, everyone else was too.

It got even better when one of the women picked up Edric bridal style and told him that he was drinking with her.

She looked over at Ral and laughed with a shake of her head. "He does like strong women!"

Ralene Edric

Ryan took the flask from Drast and brought it to her lips for a drink. She hissed as the fire went down her throat and into her stomach. She smiled and let out a happy sigh. "I thought I would like you," her voice was lighter than it had been just moments earlier.

"The Trusty Comb sounds like it is either the best place or the worst!" She chuckled and took another sip from the flask. Alcohol made everything better.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

"Duh. Everyone likes the guy with the booze, and I like to have the booze, so I'm the guy." He started to head towards the steps to the most noble of establishments. Reaching the door, he would hold it open for her. "I suggest you put something on the seat before you sit." He added with a grin.

Inside, the place was bustling and spirits were high. Some Bard was singing a song about a magic sword and dousing dragon bodies with fuel. Some patrons were dancing, others were gambling.

A heavy set man with a handlebar mustache would wave them in. "Welcome, welcome to the Trusty Comb! Take a seat and we'll get to ya shortly!"

Ryan Ashford

It seemed no answer would be offered on the "lewd bread" topic, especially since those discussing it had gone their separate ways from the beach crew. While the other initiates mulled over their swim attire options, Sable quietly selected a pair of striped, navy blue board shorts he...assumed were fashionable? This was all still a pretty new concept to him. They seemed like they'd fit well, at least.

Kalix held up some particularly gaudy looking one-piece with a cartoonish looking, fiery face. Whose ugly mug was that supposed to be, exactly? Oh well. Noel shut the idea down immediately. Probably for the best.

"This seems rather inadequately crafted for swimming."

Sable glanced over at the strip of fabric Chas had hoisted up, then back to his board shorts, then did a double take.
"Uhhh...Chas? I think those are meant for, erm...guys. For showing off their...goods." Sable mentioned hesitantly as he approached her.
"Maybe Noel could help you find something a bit better suited to you?" He suggested, making very obvious eyes and emphasis at the raven-haired girl.

Kalix frowned at Noel. Killjoy. But. He looked back at the swimsuit. It was funny, but also, it was ridiculous. If only he was with his usual bro pals. They’d all get matching swimsuits like this. And they’d rock them easy-peasy lemon-squezy. He watched Perci attempt to try stuff on and then turned around, looking at Chasmine.

He grinned. A huge ginormous shit-eating grin and glanced at Noel.

Fine,” he said, placing the suit back, hands on his hips before he pointed at what Chasmine was holding up. “I’m gonna wear one of those. Preferably that red one.” He then tilted up his chin, glowering down at Noel. He was much taller than her, after all, and he often intimidating others with his harsh gold gaze. “Why not give everyone some eye candy?” Kalix was, if anything, extremely confident. With his height, his build, his face, his strength! Heck, even his brains and everyone knew Kalix was the dumbest initiate in that group. Not that it bothered him.

Noel Chasmine Perseus Sable Pembroke Liza Newcastle

The Trusty Comb was definitely a choice. It was a choice that she would have never picked on her own so she hoped the food and drink were worth whatever disease she may come home with. She gave a tight lipped smile to the heavy set man and led the two of them to a booth.

Unfortunately, she did not have anything to put down on the seat but it looked...clean...ish. She grimaced at Drast, "I am regretting this decision already," she said quietly. She didn't want to offend anyone so quickly.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

Drast managed to snatch one of those large cloth napkins from an unsuspecting patron who had yet to use them. So when she voiced her dismay, he would set the questionable napkin on his side, and with deft movements, unbutton his training vest. He still had a shirt beneath it.

Stepping over, he would place the larger and more assuredly safe surface down on the bench. "There you are. Now you only have to worry about what I have." He joked.

Ryan Ashford

"My savior," she said with mock swooning. "Seriously, thank you," she smiled at her fellow Initiate. She studied his face for a few moments before a young, thin waitress approached their table.

Ryan was feeling spontaneous today so she told the waitress to bring her the freshest seafood option and whatever drink was a local special. This could go great or poorly. She hoped for the former.

"You didn't want to watch a bunch a girls in swimsuits play volleyball?"

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

"Oh, I know. Its in my blood." He responded with a grin. "Youre welcome." When he noticed her studying his face, he would strike a pose with a smirk, before smiling at the waitress.

"I will take the same as far as the drink goes.. but. I will go with some crab instead." The woman nodded to both of them and departed with their order. He looked back at Ryan. "I just hope we don't get sick and die." He laughed.

Now she was asking the real questions. "I mean, why can't I do both? Ya know? Eat and see girls play volleyball? Besides. I am just going to play nekkid or in my underwear. Why pay to just wear slightly longer stuff? I guess I could get a banana hammock though..."

Ryan Ashford

Noel stifled a snicker as Chasmine held up the slim piece of fabric. The effort became significantly more difficult as Sable chimed in with explanation of showing off, 'the goods.'

Before she could offer a bit of aid Kalix caused her to cock an eyebrow. "That's definitely an improvement," though it wasn't hard to improve upon the hideous garb he'd fished out of the garbage bin. "Eye candy is an interesting choice of words." There wasn't much there to glean from what she could recall. Prior to the revolution modesty was a foreign concept to most of the initiates.

The raven-haired girl gave a passing nod to the trunks Pembroke had fished out before she placed a hand on Chasmine's shoulder and herded her towards one of the racks facing the outside window. The prime real estate of the little shop. Two-pieces, sun dresses, a one-piece with bows, and various beach wraps that all looked appealing.

"Anything take your fancy from here?" she spoke loudly enough so that Perci and Liza could overhear as well.

"Uhhh...Chas? I think those are meant for, erm...guys. For showing off their...goods."

Chasmine blinked. Looked at Sable quizzically before looking back to the piece, "I don't understand. There aren't any pockets, where do you put the goods?" Clearly one needed pockets to store goods in, in order to show them off, right?

Why not give everyone some eye candy?

Well now she was just downright lost, "Eye candy?" Luckily, it was taken away from her and she steered right out of that potentially explosive dialogue by Shephard Noel. Chasmine decided that perhaps swimwear wasn't her thing, so her eyes skirted over the very confusing sections of fabric that made up the two-pieces to land on the stand bearing sundresses and wraps. A peach colored sundress called to her first, and she gently touched at it, but her eyes drifted to the wrap next to it and so did her hand.

"Oh...this is so soft and light," Chas plucked it off the stand and held it up, "what a lovely towel."

Ryan just shook her head at his posing. "Beautiful, Drast. You were meant to be a model," she said between his pose and his order. He was something else.

"Hopefully the food makes up for the environment. They seem busy enough to have not killed anyone...yet."

He was right, they could do both. Did she want to see him naked, in underwear, or a banana hammock? Nope. Or maybe yes? Nope. Definitely not. "I don't think we are supposed to scar anyone while we are," she returned in reference to them seeing him naked.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

• Popcorn
Reactions: Edric