A roleplay open for anyone to join

Meepo

The Magnificent
Character Biography
Link
((Open to members of any faction who own a carriage in need of cleaning. If interested in joining, pls dm me on discord (Warden). When its time for customersto join, they will be tagged))

The Knights of Anathaeum had fallen on hard times. Border Lords had begun to withdraw support, squires were becoming more expensive, and most importantly Dejan had not yet return from his fundraising!

So that's when the two greatest heroes of the Order came up with an action plan to save the coffers....

¡¡¡¡¡¡SYR MEEPO THE MAGNIFICENT AND SYR OSUIN THE HUNK!!!!!!

What was something that could raise money? What items required consistent upkeep and cleaning?? And who owned such luxuries?! CARRIAGE WASH FOR THE LORDS AND LADIES!!! Amongst other things. But Carriage wash for now. So the two heroes would stroll towards Captain Helena's office, breezing right by Selenes. They knew how to grease the wheels. They knew, how to be heroes.

Obviously, Beowoof was with them, and once the pair of heroes entered her office, he would plant himself outside the door as if guarding a secret meeting.

"Captain!!!" Meepo howled as he hopped up onto one of her chairs. Naturally, he was looking amazing and heroic in every angle. "We has ideas! Osssssoooooooo! Hit her with the planses!" Another heroic howl, followed by a bark Beowoof just outside the door.

If Osuin gave her the small rolled up scroll of ideas, the Captain would see a list of numerous things ranging from calendars, to bake sales, but the one with the biggest circle: Carriage Wash.

Last edited:
Some time ago, long before he even met Meepo, Osuin had heard tales of the kobold knight. The nature and scale of his exploits had been a constant, with new feats woven as time wore on. That he had once slain six foes with a single sweeping strike of his sword. That he had perfected the art of reverse alchemy, and could transmute gold into lead. That he had saved a villiage from not one, nor two but three manticores! Which seemed unbelievable, as manticores did not typically make the colder eastern lands their habitat. One would be rare enough.

In conversation, the topic came to this subject. After being asked his thoughts, Osuin made his concerns known, as polite as he could. Meepo was quick to inform him that there were no manticores around anymore because he had rid the land of those monsters. He also, coincidentally, had a lump of lead with him as evidence of alchemical prowess. Osuin didn’t buy it, but he didn’t know how to respond, either.

Meepo, perhaps sensing his lack of belief, pressed on and pledged that he would show Osuin such a feat right then and there. One of Osuin’s choosing, but again, he had no apt response ready for the kobold. There were no manticores around, and neither were there six foes for Meepo to fight. And Osuin certainly had no gold on him, either.

There was some gold in their coffers, sure, but Osuin wasn’t willing to borrow it for an argument he really didn’t care to dedicate so much action towards. So, the burly Knight Pursuant mentioned that their coffers were low, and cited that as the reason he could not obtain a sample.

Undeterred, Meepo set upon a new goal to demonstrate his magnificent might. He would raise money for the Order, and raise Anathaeum from it’s reportedly destitute state. Eccentric and odd, it was a noble goal at least. Osuin thought little of it, until Meepo met up with him again days later. He’d been planning, and from the bundles of parchment in his arms he had been quite busy at it.

He was about to take it to Helena, and requested Osuin’s assistance. His name was already attached to the idea, even it it may not have been entirely intentional on his part. Implications were clear; either he accompanies Meepo to his planned presentation, or he’d have to explain himself to her shortly thereafter. Of the two, the former seemed preferable.

“Meepo has been rather busy gathering ideas.” Osuin followed up, with the rolls of parchment in hand.

“I’ve no idea what plans might be written down here, but Meepo’s been busy writing quite a few of them.” Osuin shortly added.

Last edited:
As much as she wanted to, for Meepo did, without a single doubt, have the most magnificent quality of inspiring others, Helena kept herself from smiling. She had a feeling, say it was in the way the brave kobold howled so proudly, that something was afoot. She cleared her throat in preparation.

"Syr Meepo," she said with a curt nod from behind her desk. "Syr Osuin," she added. A stack of reports were piled neatly and high at one side of her, quill pen and ink well at the other. There was a ledger before her, leather bound and thick, she closed it.

Osuin stepped up and handed her the small scroll, and he made sure to explain his side of the tale. She took it in outstretched hand, and quickly unfurled it, saw the tell tale lettering of Syr Meepo and the long list of ideas. "Bake sale?" she said idly. Hmmed, and nodded. "I suppose the salted slug cakes are quite delicious..." she mused with a small smile on her lips. Then she noticed it.

Carriage Wash

it read, with several frantic hashes underlining it and a proud circle drawn about it. She squinted at it, and cocked a brow in confusion. She cleared her throat again.

"These are... Creative ideas," she let out and held the parchment for a moment.

None of the ideas seemed harmful. A bit odd, considering their usual line of work, but in any way, rather adorable actually. Things the squires could do to help bring in a bit of extra coin for supplies and small luxuries they could all do with. Like soap. Plus, the dwarven calendar was a particularly useful thing for many a small folk, and she knew there were artists in the order who could make them something worth putting upon many a wall.

"Alright," she said with a nod. "Yes, why not," she placed the parchment down on the table and signed her name at the bottom. "Syr Osuin," she said with a smile as she finished the last stroke of her name. She let it dry a moment, then offered it up to the Pursuant. "I leave you in charge of this," there was a hint of pride in her eye. "I look forward to seeing what fruit these endeavors produce!" she nodded. "Now, if that is all," she opened the heavy tome with a clunk. "I have much work left to be done, " she bowed her head to them in dismissal, and went back to reviewing the long list of inventories, budgets, and balances. " Good fortune on your new quests, you are excused, Syrs,"

Last edited:
As Syr Osuin stepped forward to hand her the scroll, Meepo would hop heroically onto her desk, tail flicking in pride as he crouched low. At one point that dastardly tale almost toppled the stack of papers. BUT. HAVE. NO. FEAR. Meepo was able to save the stack and even make it neat once more.

Then he was back to looking her in her eye holes. "Don't forget the toasty bunses!" He howled before doing a hop and spin in excitement, tail nearly colliding with quil but pulled back just in time. He was a pro, after all.

Just like how Dorn couldn't say no to Helena, Helena couldn't say no to her Uncle Meepo. And the small Kobold knew it! As she signed he let out his well-known and now famous victory howl. Beyond the door, Beowoof would bark in victory.

As she dismissed them, Meepo would catch the tome and close it back, offering that toothy grin. "Captain!!!" He would hop forward across her desk and give the young leader a hug and barked out. "We will not fail you!"

Then, the venerable Kobold would turn and race to the ledge of the desk before leaping onto one of Osuins massive arms and scaling his way to the Pursuants shoulder and striking his heroic pose. "Onward, Osssooo!" He once more howled. Of course they succeeded, was there ever any doubt?

Helena Osuin

He’d almost placed the papers neatly down onto Helena’s desk when Syr Meepo leapt up and nearly knocked the sheets from his hand with an unwitting swing of his tail. It was a pensive moment as he scurried to keep the pile from topping over, and a relief that he could. More pensive than that was the time it took Helena to read through the many ideas Meepo had brought.

Osuin stood silently as she flipped through each of the suggestions.

"These are... Creative ideas," She responded, and it was a rather open answer. Creative could be good, or it could be unsuitable. It would take another moment to tell.

"Yes, why not." Helena confirmed, after she had given the idea her careful consideration.

"Syr Osuin, I leave you in charge of this endeavor." She added, placing responsibility for the fundraising Meepo had concocted square on the shoulders of Osuin.

“I’ll see to it that it unfolds well.” Osuin answered, unhesitating in his reply. Not to say he was without reservation; of the three of them, he still knew the least about the actual tasks. Meepo had written the notes and Helena had read them, but Osuin had done nothing but bring them to her. Curious as to what he was agreeing to, he began to flip through the sheets as he and Meepo took their departure from Helena’s office.

“Bake sale? I can’t bake.” Uttered Osuin. He'd made one attempt at it, and what bread he'd made was more suitable for construction than eating. He took the sheet and placed it at the bottom of the stack in his hands. The idea beneath it stuck out at him, and the large circle surrounding the words helped in that regard.

“Carriage wash? Hah, Helena doesn’t lie. You are a creative one.” Osuin remarked with a chuckle.

“I suppose we should try several and see what draws in the coin?” He asked after, sharing his thoughts aloud with the plucky kobold.

Last edited:
Used to the swirling chaos of energy that was the beloved Kobold, Helena was unfazed by the swish of tail and the spin and even the victory howl did little more than put a pleased smile upon her lips, her eyes already adjusting to the lines of numbers and the neat rows which correlated to the expenses of the supplies they had procured. Their budget was shoe string, but, she was finding the best way to make it work and she would-

The ledger snapped shut, and her eyes went wide with surprise, pen still in hand, Meepo was right in her face, no, he was grinning, wide and toothy and moving toward her. "Syr-" he crashed against her with all his little weight, grabby claws embracing her as he promised their success. As much as she wanted to be mad, it was not in her, her shock gave way again to warmth, and she embraced her smallest uncle with a heartfelt squeeze. "I have no doubt, Uncle,"

She let go of him, and he scurried off as he oft did, all show and dexterity and explosive charisma.

Osuin gave his word, and she smiled at him and gave him a pleased nod. "Don't let my faith in you go unrewarded now, brave Knight" she watched them leave her study, and she sat there a moment, before the stack of papers, the sealed ledger, and the ink quill. "A carriage wash," she said small and to herself, and there was the faintest little smirk on her lips, and an impish glint in her eye.

Meepo Osuin

PHASE ONE: TOTAL MISSION SUCCESS!!!

Meepo the Magnificent and Osuin the Hunk had done it again! Meepo would ride atop the much larger Knights shoulder. Meepo would look around conspiratorially before whispering. "We may not bake.. but we knows Knights that do."

They lumbered along and Meepo struck a heroic pose. "MAKE WAY, VILLAINY! HEROES COMING THROUGH-OOOOOOOO!!!" He would howl, with a rather dexterous hop on a moving platform. "Start with wash, then, go down the lineses." It seemed like a well enough plan.

Seeing young Pollocks, he would flag him over. "Pollocks! You head to Skink and gets the fliers he has! Everywhere!"

Two different fliers would soon be posted:
Around the Monastery
ycoP1649484190.png

And dispersed through the lands by Knight-Sworn and Squires alike:
Hwtw1649485089.png

Days would pass, fliers were handed out, members were recruited and finally the day of all days would arrive. Syrs Osuin and Meepo had planned it all out. Roki and the other kitchen inclined members of the Order would be working night and day to prepare food for arrivals. Gorm had been brewing and set aside special batches, makeshift bays for working had been built. They would start with the squires to see how they did. But first, would be inspection.

Meepo would stand atop Beowoofs broad back, his stance crisp and hands folded behind his back as his magnificent Kobold gaze pierced the soul of those that stood before him. Some trembled in fear, some gaped in awe, some knew that today would be their truest day for the Order. Before speaking, he would wait for Osuin to join them.

Osuin Helena

“True. Not much help I could be at it, aside from taste testing.” Remarked Osuin. Which wouldn’t really be of much help to the fundraising effort – but it was an innocent perk of rank to take. The squires certainly wouldn’t say no.

With Meepo on his shoulder, Osuin strode forth. The shout of bravado bellowed forth by his kobold companion was followed by a leap from his armoured shoulder onto a platform not far away. Meepo drew attention in an instant, and Osuin hastily handed out a few copies to the other squires who had been drawn in by by call. It was only after he handed out a few that he actually read the thing.

It was the carriage wash. Well, it had gone over well with Helena; she seemed to find the idea strange but she also seemed rather agreeable to it. From a read over of both posters, Meepo had certainly put in some work and thought into advertising the event. With some amusement, Osuin continued to hand out the fliers and assist Meepo towards the fundraising plan.

The day of, Osuin had arrived early to ensure that all was ready. Empty tables had been set up for what baked treats the squires had brought. Outside, buckets of water had been drawn and neatly stacked alongside soap for the carriage wash. With confirmation that everything was prepared and all were set for the day, Osuin stepped forth and took his spot beside Meepo.

“Appears we’re all set, I’ve checked over everything. Shall we begin?”

Meepo Helena

"We're doing what?"

Lorinna had kept some traits from her time as a noble's daughter. Even within the training grounds she was a renowned gossip. As most gossips did, she surrounded herself with other gossips: Kent, another young squire who was quite adept with a long spear and Malinna, a trainee skilled in almost druidic natural magic.

Today she had been betrayed. She drew herself to her full height and looked down upon both of them.

They only laughed.

She had been confused at the request to come out training not in armour, not even in gambesson but in tunic and breeches. This wouldn't be considered proper at all if one of her family were here. Her breeches only went as far as the knees!

The two were already pushing her towards the line of buckets.

Hector cleared his throat, his eyes up and away from the other squires, face scrunched, ever so. Eyes forward, stare at nothing. Respectfully of course. He reminded himself. But, they were almost always so padded and loaded and armored and even when some of them went to the lake for a swim, well, that was different wasn't it? They all knew what they were getting into and what they were doing.

This? He had not asked for this. No one had asked for this. Who had asked for this?!

Hector gulped, and nodded awkwardly as Lorinna joined him by the Buckets, and he cracked a smile. "You too huh?" He said, wet sponge already in hand, his fist was so clenched around the sudsy tool water and bubbles dripped from his nuckles and back into the bucket.

"Come on Hector!" Roki, a half orc squire who worked the forges along with Hector, called out with a big stupid grin on his face. "Lorinna ain't that scary!" He said as he absent mindedly tended to plating the cookies.

Hector snapped his gaze over at his fellow squire. "Well, why aren't you washing then?"

Roki laughed. "Because I'm the better baker!" he sucked in a breath and his eyes went wide as he bent over quick and picked up a cookie. "Bug in the cookie," he said quietly to himself. Pinched the little lady bug off the chunk of butter and sugar, and let the little creature fly. "'Sides, you two are the tallest i think!" Roki grinned again.

Lorinna Astarel

Lysanthir knew the carriage wash was beginning today, and was fully aware he'd see it the moment he returned from the half-impromptu tree climbing lesson he'd given to half a dozen squires, begging to be anywhere other than carriage duty. What he wasn't prepared for upon returning was seeing groups of uncomfortable squires, sponges and rags in hand and looking at anything but each other.

Oh, this shall be golden.

He ushered the six regretful students forward and into the fray while he lagged behind a few strides, quaking with silent laughter. He turns and jogs weakly towards Meepo and Osuin with unfettered, flush-faced glee, billowing the front of his sweaty fatigue tunic with his fingers.

"Bless my furry little tail, you've went and done it. Reminds me of my first Kalitian wrestling class. The walls had never been so interesting to my peers."

Lysanthir stands and gauges the clutch of squires, debating if his presence would bolster or embarrass them. He was going to go ahead and join in anyway, but thinking about it nearly sent him into a fit of laughter, so he took the time to scrutinize them while regaining composure. A few minutes or so later a carriage rumbles up the road, stops, and two duos, each with one sworn and one squire, go about unhitching the horses and laying out the tack for cleaning, and letting the driver and passengers out.

"Syrs, lads, I think the stryplings need a little encouragement, yes?"

Lysanthir grins at Osuin and Meepo next to him, a mischievous twinkle coming to his eyes, and loosens the belt on his tunic as he strides towards the suds buckets, putting on a swagger. He gives one bucket a light tap with his hoof to make it clang, calling towards the squires.

"On tenterhooks about your scrubbing skills, syrs? Let me kick it off, why don't you."

He finds himself a wet sponge, and picks up a bucket of the foamy water. With a click of his hooves on the pavers and a lunge, he throws the water into the air. Most of it hits the roof of the dirty carriage, sending rivulets of dusty water down it's sides. The rest of it drenches Lysanthir, and lightly splatters the ground. He immediately goes for it, bringing sponge to carriageside firmly.

"Let us begin!"

Helena / Hector Meepo Osuin Lorinna Astarel

"Surely there's a more efficient manner in which we can secure funds for the order, myself especially. I would be of much greater use speaking to the merchant guilds, negotiating with the border lords, or perhaps taking on additional quests," Luna said through a strained smile. Her tone grew more and more desperate the closer they came to the designated area for carriage washing.

It's not that she felt the work was beneath her, certainly not! A true knight should carry herself with the utmost humility, to have the heart of a selfless servant! It simply sounded, tedious, is all. Why perform such a repetitive task when she could lend her aid in another fashion?

"... Perhaps if we liberate the slave markets of Zakron we could-"

Lady Shael closed her eyes and sighed. "Luna..."

Her last excuse offer died on her lips. She cleared her throat. "Forgive me, mother. I promise I will see this task done to the best of my ability." She inhaled and approached the rest of her fellows. As ready as she'll ever be to perform the job at hand.

Meepo Helena Osuin Lorinna Astarel

Another group of squires would walk dejectedly to the next carriage, buckets in hand, at least somewhat inspired by the glorious Syr Lysanthir. They would quickly set to task.

Paffa, in his eagerness would drench the carriage, getting the passenger as they exited the cab. There would be a dour look as Lord Pinkrose glowered at the young Gnome.

"You will rue the day..." he hissed, before the door closed and his carriage pulled from the line, leaving the fundraiser. It was a good thing they paid upfront.

Paffa looked down as the next carriage pulled up. This time, the passenger would have the door open prior to the stop.

"I'm coming out, my young man." He would announce. "I'm coming out!" Paffa had received another bucket of water and held it firmly as the man disembarked.

Once he and his family were waiting in Astenvale, Paffa got that carriage more wet than Lysanthir in a wet tunic competition. Kenric would climb up onto the roof of the carriage with his soapy sponge, Koro got underneath the carriage, Narynn got the sides and little Paffa eagerly scrubbed at the wheels.

Lorinna Astarel Hector Osuin Lysanthir of Arapat

Dorn had made it his life's goal to ignore the chaotic energy that was the young Syr Meepo. From hatchling to Syr to his denial of Pursuant, everything about the little Kobold was pure chaos. If it wasn't about Justice, he was screaming about fun buns.

This was probably the real reason Dorn refused to teach. Meepo always seemed to be back and waiting for the old veteran. This didn't mean to say Dorn didn't respect the little lizard, he just had a daily Meepo allowance.

Having recently returned to the Monastery, he missed the flyers and excitement. So when he awoke from his nap and heard laughter.. joy, noises that had no business in his Monastery, he just knew that Meepo was behind it.

Those old eyes snapped wide open and he arose as if cursed to haunt the steps of the living. And when he walked, it was with purpose. Meepo and Galvanhad had gone too far, allowing these squires to act like people. Back in his day, they didn't hold hands, they broke them.

Reaching the courtyard, he would stop, his face showing pure disbelief. "The fuck is this..?" He mused. "Pollocks!" He would bark, causing the young Squire to lose his footing and fall off a carriage and onto the stone.

"Hehehehehe.." Dorn would chortle. Okay, maybe this wasn't so bad.

Galvanhad would watch his squires with all the pride of a grandfather watching their grandchildren take their first steps. He saw that shame in young Paffa and would speak up. "Shake it off, Paffa. Next carriage, next carriage."

Lysanthir was getting in on the action and old Galvanhad almost stepped forward, but his knees were not like they used to be. Pollocks would fall at the barking of his counterpart. "Pollocks! Onto your feet, son. Bruises are temporary, legacy is eternal."

As Hector and Gang finished up with their carriage, Galvanhad would step forward to flag the next carriage forward. Even Galvanhad wouldn't need his divination to sense the darkness around the one inside. The carriage itself was enough to evoke such feelings.

The carriage itself was both beautiful and haunting, all at the same time and each angle pulled a different feeling. All ebony wood with shades so thick they felt as if they blotted the very sun around them. A passing cloud overhead would even add to the display, though many looked up to see if it was magic instead. The only thing darker than the carriage, were the horses that pulled it, almost unnaturally so. And at the forefront of it all, a man who drove the carriage. Silent as the night, he neither conversed to or acknowledged any that addressed him, with the only inclination that he understood the words around him, was the redirection of the carriage to march the instructions.

Galvanhad would lead the drive to a canopy overhang, shrouded entirely in darkness. "Osuin, this one will require your attentions. Hector, Luna, Roki, Pollocks., and Lorinna, you will take the next one." The old Knight would say. Stepping around to the side of the carriage, Galvanhad himself would open the door, his hand held upward in offering to aid her down from the carriage. "My lady."

Victoria O'Connor Osuin

Last edited:
The next cart to pull up would be good old Amelia, Apprentice of the Mystfalls. She would be directed to the bay, awaiting the attentions of Lysanthir and co.

Meepo howled at the washing of Pinkrose, howled at his retreat, and howled at the newest arrival in the haunting carriage. "Squires!" He howled with a hop. "Today you wash away the stink of evil! And apply the scent of justice in good aromatic measure!" Another howl of victory. "Jump on our sponges while you can grime! The squires will not be so gentle!"

Today was a victory for JUSTICE!!!

To say the Mistfall's were confused when they heard the Knights of Anathaeum were holding a carriage wash was an understatement. But, considering themselves ardent supports of the knights, they offered up their own carriage to be washed. Either that or they didn't want to wash it themselves.

Too busy to attend themselves, Amelia was the one who brought the carriage to the wash. She stepped out and took a quick look around at the assembled knights. "Hello!" She smiled and waved. Surprised so many knights had agreed to participate. She stepped to the side and cleared her throat. "This uh, is the Mistfall's carriage. It got a little dirty during their last trip from Alliria..."

"We're doing what?" Came a shocked protest from Lorinna, Clearly far from enthused, her peers were rather persuasive in pushing her towards the buckets of soapy water. Which was good. Whether she liked it or not, they needed the help.

"Bless my furry little tail, you've went and done it. Reminds me of my first Kalitian wrestling class. The walls had never been so interesting to my peers." Lysanthir quipped next, far more excited than Lorrina was, though that comparison said little. The enthusiasm was good to see. Lysanthir might be the needed positive example that spurred the squires to follow – either from inspiration, or at least desire against appearing lazy before the Knight Sworn's initiative and Osuin's eye.

"Syrs, lads, I think the stryplings need a little encouragement, yes?" Lysanthir added, promptly proving Osuin's musings true. He had little to say. The smile he wore surely told plenty. Osuin couldn't help but watch as he made his merry way to the carriages, getting everything started with the throw of the first splash of water. Pollocks followed suit, and dejected squires soon followed and tossed water upon the carriage's owner. He promptly rode way, with Meepo howling all the while.

Even cranky old man Dorn had arrived. And he was cranky as ever, causing Pollocks to stumble from surprise with a sudden outburst. Seeing Pollocks humiliated brought him amusement, as ever. Syr Galvanhad was rightly much less amused, and encouraged him to recover shortly after.

"Pollocks! Onto your feet, son. Bruises are temporary, legacy is eternal."

Galvanhad gestured for the next carriage, and it was an odd and haunting one. Not even the carriageman would speak or acknowledge them. Osuin intitially wondered if it was snobbery of the extremely rich, being so impoverished in upbringing and so estranged to nobles. But as he continued, this assumption appeared false. His expression didn't appear condescending. It barely appeared at all.

Galvanhad bid Osuin's attention next, assigning him the very task of washing it.

"Osuin, this one will require your attentions. Hector, Luna, Roki, Pollocks., and Lorinna, you will take the next one." He instructed. He must have sensed something. Osuin noted the squires were ushered elsewhere, and it as a task better undertaken alone. Clad in a sleeveless tunic and trousers cut at the knee, he'd arrived dressed for the task. After grabbing a couple buckets of water, Osuin dutifully made his way to the carriage and set them down on arrival. Then he turned to the carriageman, remembering the unwitting dousing Paffa gave the last one.

“Sir, I’ll reassure you.

I’ll wait for you to disembark before I begin to wash.”

Meepo Hector Lorinna Astarel Lysanthir of Arapat Amelia Rowe Victoria O'Connor

Last edited:
There was a clear of throat from the driver up front. Brie traveled in her husband, Kieran Harrovian's, carriage on the way to her parent's house. She was anxious to see Timothy. She hadn't seen her brother since the wedding.

And so much had changed.

"Lady Harrovian, it appears, a'hem," his voice trailed off.

Brie's dark brows rose on her face as she called through the carriage, still sitting within the darkened space with the curtains tightly drawn. How they always were. "What is it Gary?"

"There is a rather rambunctious carriage wash ahead. Shall we stop?"

"Does it look like it's for a good cause," she called out.

"Hard to tell m'Lady," Gary called back.

She shrugged. "Might as well. I need to stretch my legs anyway."

"Very well," Gary confirmed he'd heard her and brought their coach to a stop among the knights.

"My lady."

A slender, white-gloved hand extended from the shaded carriage to take Sue Galvanhad’s. It was followed by a leg draped in matching white cloth as out stepped Victoria O’Connor. The shade of her clothes contrasted starkly with the dark carriage, all the way up to the elegant hood that shaded her face.

”Thank you, Syr.” She made her way politely (but quickly) to the shaded canopy and allowed herself a small breath of relief. Even such a short time in the daylight was draining, and her clothing served only to make the oppressive heat survivable.

”I am please to aid such an… enthusiastic company,” she regarded Meepo quizically. ”And this is a much appreciated service. The roads are so very dusty at this time.”

It was an odd situation. Unless the canopy were coincidence they knew what she was. Rather than revile her, though, they accommodated? Appreciated, to be sure.

She snapped her fingers, noting that her glassy-eyes coachmen was standing in the splash zone, and he moved stoically to the side of the canopy.

Victoria would be able to note that the canopy overhanging the carriage as it pulled up was thick enough that she wouldn't even feel the heat of the sun. "You're welcome, my lady."

Once she was free of the carriage and safely tucked in the shade of the canopy, Galvanhad would offer his arm. "May I escort you into the cool of our Knoll? It is quaint, but has been adjusted to service any customers more.. sensitive to the glare of the sun. Refreshments for you both can be provided, but some are discouraged, whilst within the limits of Astenvale." His tone was gentle as he spoke, and he carried the bearing of nobility.

If she took the proffered arm, or not, he would then escort her deeper beneath the canopy to where the doors to the Monastery lie.

Victoria O'Connor

From the carriage stepped forth a lady clad in white cloth from head to toe, with white gloves on her arms. The garments stood out brightly against the dark carriage, and had Osuin not seen her step out of it he’d doubt the carriage was hers. Her actions however, hinted at her nature. She moved briskly beneath the midday sun, and sought shelter beneath the canopy not too far away despite her attire. He’d heard that white was often worn in the desert to guard against the unrelenting sun, but the sun did not burn so fiercely here, and the style didn’t look Kaliti. She didn’t sound Kaliti, either.

The other possibility was that she was a vampire, or something similar. It'd explain her attire, and might also explain why she had chosen their services. Syr Galvanhad seemed to share the same notion, warning her of refreshments she couldn't to consume within their sanctuary’s walls. Osuin was too well mannered to ask, but that Victoria was a vampire seemed pretty certain.

Anathaeum didn’t judge the undead. The world was a balance; without the dusk there was no dawn, likewise so. Others however, did. Osuin remembered the tales of vampires he was told as a kid, all of which painted the lot of them as cruel and vicious. He also remembered tales painting nobles and lords as wise and benevolent, now considered to be a rather false representation. The Knights did not consider the vampiric to be foul based on their nature alone, and the knights had been far better to Osuin than any noble ever had. There was a side to be believed, and it was doubtless the Order's.

Squires were new, and might not have such a reaction – which was likely why this task was given to him, and him alone. Osuin would neither fear nor judge. He would simply wash, as if it were any other.

With the coachman ushered away, it was time to get to work. Osuin stepped up onto the carriage, clad in soft soled shoes that wouldn’t scuff it up. Hefty arms heaved the water in the bucket over the carriage with a splash, soaking it down with excess pouring off the roof. His loose fitting tunic was soaked by it, hanging from his broad frame while he set down the bucket. Armed with a soapy rag, Osuin began to get to work on the roof first.

Victoria took Syr Galvanhad's arm graciously, gently laying her gloved hands upon him. "You are very kind. There are many who would not be so accommodating. I am sure the cool will be quite enough." Her coachman did not move, rather stood somewhat lop-sided to the side of the carriage, just out of reach of the splashes. He was a good driver, it was so difficult to find one that retained their full skillset once enthralled.

She stopped just short of the door to the Monastery, for while Galvanhad had graciously offered to escort her, he had not explicitly invited her to come inside. Perhaps his offer had been enough, but Victoria had learned a long time ago that it was better to be certain of such things. Otherwise she may make a rather embarrassing (and very sudden) stop at the threshold.

She looked at the man, and gave his arm a gentle squeeze. If he did, indeed, know what she was, then surely he would know what was required of him.

"We of the Knights of Anathaeum pride ourselves on the peace we foster here. Here you can find Demons, Vampires, Lycanthropes, species than many fear and hate.. living in peace." He assured her as they walked. "You will find no judgement here in these lands." That gentle reminder, though unnecessary, would put a small smile on his face.

Galvanhad would guide her to the door than open for her. "Please enter, m'lady." He wasn't sure if the invite was truly necessary given the Monastery wasn't just a single home and was more of a communal place, but he knew it was a grey area for Vampires.

Just to be sure she could enter, he removed a small charm from his belt. "We have a demon here, and he requires this for the wards. This is a token of the Monastery and a symbol of entry.. just in case." His boot holding the door open, his free hand would take the charm and pull it gently onto her wrist. "There we are." That free hand would then gesture towards the cool of the Monastery interior.

Victoria O'Connor

"Lorinna ain't that scary!"

Lorinna felt a warmth climb up the sides of her neck. She willed it to stay there and not grow into a flush across her face. The situation was awkward, but drawing attention to that made it far, far worse.

Lorinna was used to routine. When she had whiled the time away as the daughter of a noble there had been an entire team of people dressing her appropriately for every occasion. When she trained and fought she was a squire in a different kind of costume. Now she was just an abnormally tall girl in a tunic that wasn't going to remain entirely opaque when wet holding a wet sponge.

"Squires!" He howled with a hop. "Today you wash away the stink of evil! And apply the scent of justice in good aromatic measure!" Another howl of victory. "Jump on our sponges while you can grime! The squires will not be so gentle!"

"Yeah, yeah..." she muttered under her breath. Lorinna wasn't usually one to utter anything disrespectful around the knights but this was pushing her to her limits of obedience.

"You take one side," she said firmly at Hector as the next carriage rolled in. She caught sight of the gentleman inside and was relieved not to recognise him from society.