Fable - Ask Pillow fights in Silken Nightgowns

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first

Noelani

Vizier of the Moon
Character Biography
Link
Ragash was as pretty as Medja had described but Noelani was struggling to appreciate it. There was a tension in her after the last few days and now she only wished to ensure her friend was indeed safe. A lot of things rested on it.

When she had arrived she had wanted to be shown directly to where Nym was staying but instead she had had to act with the same poise and grace she had to whenever meeting foreign dignitaries. It had been half a day of meeting this person and that person, discussing this route of trade with this merchant, and of course discussing the continual stocking of fruits in Medja's palace. All were important for the ongoing relationship between her people and the Empire, perhaps even of her own position in it, but her heart just wasn't in it like usual. Her father would have been disappointed.

By late afternoon she was finally shown to her own suite of rooms and then left to her own devices.

Noelani barely spared a minute to bathe and change out of the clothes she had travelled in and into a long red silk dress more suited to the climate of the area before heading back out. She asked a few attendants and servants she met along the way where she might find the Princess Nymeasha but all she got were a few shrugs and apologies for not being able to help. With a slightly exasperated sigh she found herself beside the previously named Golden Pond contemplating her next move.

Kailyn was newly minted under Gerra's rule. She'd been freed by the god-king. A slave her entire life from Cerak At'Thul to the Sparrows living in the Empire before the half-fire giant freed the people, and all the slaves within, accept for his own.

She often wondered if he and his men really would've let her go, that day they found them fleeing the city with their old masters. There was something about the gleam in his volcanic eyes that told Kailyn she was just one piece in a larger chess board that he controlled.

Wearing a dress she never would've worn until being freed, she paused, seeing someone she hadn't seen before in the gardens. This woman (Noelani) looked powerful. And there was something she could sense about her, like when she was around Gerra.

Kailyn gently cleared her throat.

"Hello," she stated warmly, perhaps hard to shake the air of a former slave with a dip of her head. "I'm Kailyn. You look new here. Is there something I can help you with?"

Noelani glanced up from where she had been staring into the depths of the pool as she heard a voice. Schooling her face from its frown into a pleasant and neutral smile she inclined her head politely towards Kailyn. It was hard to tell who held a position in a place like this so it was wise to be kind to all.

"Noelani, a pleasure to meet you. I'm..." she looked up at the balconies that over looked the gardens trying to see if any of them would give her a clue as to where Nym was dwelling, before returning her gaze back to the woman in front of her. She seemed more at home here so perhaps she would know. "I'm looking for Princess Nymeasha - I believe she has rooms in the palace. I'm an old friend - Medja sent me word she was here. I don't suppose you know where she is?"

Driftwood-colored brows raised along her face.

Ah, the princess. Kailyn hadn't met the woman, yet. The one who'd been part of the land before Gerra took over. A woman known to be a fierce warrior and assassin. Kailyn was glad she'd never met when she'd been under the Sparrow family's control. She'd heard something about rumors with a run-in with the Captain of the guard as well. Someone Kailyn had yet to see the face of.

She shivered slightly, thinking about his bulky form in all that armor and intimidating mask; he scared her.

And so this was Noelani. A princess from another land, rumored to be able to walk on the water itself. Kailyn was a bit flustered to be in the presence of so much royalty.

"I can show you to her rooms, though, I've never met her. Follow me." Kailyn's molten orbs shifted nervously to Noelani but couldn't stop the question from bubbling from her throat and spilling out her lips. "Is it true that you can walk on water?"

A startled laugh escaped her lips and she pressed a hand to them lightly as if she could keep it in by doing so. Even so the smile still spread behind her fingertips and her dark brown eyes looked a little less tired, a little less worried. The power over water seemed to be a rarity, but then she could hardly be surprised in such a climate as this.

"I suppose I should have expected the stories to have spread ahead of me," Lani tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. Instead of her usual braids she had left her hair loose after her bath an it fell in waves about her shoulders. "Yes, I can walk on water, manipulate it," to demonstrate her point she held her hand out towards the pond where the water danced its way up towards her in a ribbon. It seemed to shift and solidify into the form of an otter which then swam its way around Kailyn before diving back into the pond with barely a ripple. "Excuse my uneducated state - are you one of the Viziers here?" she tilted her head and then stepped forward to follow her towards Nym's rooms.

Kailyn couldn't help the widening of her eyeballs until they felt like they might just pop out of her head. A gasp of surprise and intrigue left her mouth as the water-creature floated around her before dropping back into the Emperor's pools with a light splash. Small droplets of water dotted her skin to prove her mind hadn't gone crazy.

If Noelani looked closely, she'd see a trident-shaped tattoo beneath her left wrist and a bird-like fire brand beneath the other. Marks of a slave. Marks that told a story she could never truly hide from.

Fingers came up to tuck ribbons of brown hair behind an ear as she re-composed herself and began walking through the garden paths. Such a contrast to the land outside these walls. Beautiful and rich soil with vibrant colors here compared to the dry barren sands of the rusty-rocky and sandy desert.

"That's...amazing," she whispered, referring to the water. Kailyn had just learned she had magic of her own and was too confused to even...think about it.

"No," she blushed slightly. "Nothing like that. He recently put me in charge of his trade routes. I mostly meet with the surrounding cities and negotiate deals. Boring book-keeping and the like," she waved her hand through the air as if waving the thought away. "I lived here seven years before Gerra...took over. So, I'm fairly new to his empire. How do you...know the princess?"

A small smile creased her cheeks as the girl exclaimed about her magic. It was a small matter of pride to be able to work the sea and command it - a gift passed down from her mother and her mothers mother to her. She did not see it fully as a thing to utilise in times of war, though she had of course used it as such, but more as a tool to use in every day life. And what better way to use it than to bring joy or to help people?

"Ah, then I imagine we might be working closely together soon," Lani hummed a little and made an extra note to enquire about the girl a bit more with the others she had already spoken to on the matter. "My people are keen to begin trading across the Empire - it's nice to know I'm not the only new person here," as they walked she clasped her hands behind her back. "Myself and Nym are very, very old friends. We basically grew up together. I was quite worried about her when I heard about what happened in Salitra," a soft sigh and the worry was back as a small line between her brows which were turning down into a frown.

It didn't seem to take them long to make their way to her rooms which Noelani then knocked upon.

Nym had spent much of the day in the gardens. There hadn't been a day that'd passed since Uvogin had taken her there that she hadn't spent time lazing in the sun by the fountain and stretching her legs. Whilst she was healing, Medja was spoiling her, she'd decided to allow her to do so as much as she liked and she'd grown to enjoy it. She'd continue to enjoy it whilst it lasted ~ she'd be back to work soon enough.

She’d returned to her chambers to bathe and had been soaking in a large copper tub of steaming water for the better part of an hour, chatting to Medja and consuming copious amounts of wine. Bath salts soothed the aching in her legs and the wine did the rest..

The golden sunlight of early evening poured into the room through her windows and balcony and a soft warm breeze wrapped around Nym as she stood to step shamelessly out of the bath, pulled her silk robe over her and tied it. She'd been pouring another cup of wine when the door knocked and her brow lifted with a glance to Medja as she padded over with a slight limp to open it.

The smile she gave as her jade hues fell on Lani lit up her features as well as her voice and she reached to drag the woman into her arms and envelope her in an embrace she'd been too long deprived of.

"Lani!!!" Nym's voice cracked slightly, wine fuelling her emotions and she rained kisses down on the woman's face an cupped it in her hands, studying her to make sure it was really her and that she was in once piece. "Gods I've missed you." she smiled warmly.

"Come in! Have wine!" she beckoned and finally noticed the other woman. "Hello you. You too. Come in. Have wine." she grinned and reached for the girl with absolutely no idea nor care for who she was, queen or slave, she was allowed to have friends now and friends drank wine.

Last edited:
"Nym," there was a deep love in Lani's voice as a familiar face filled the doorway. Relief flooded her and she fell into the embrace with deep sigh of contentment. Her arms wrapped around the woman's slender and damp waist and pulled her in tight against her. She could smell the wine on her breath and when she pulled back laughed at the smothering of kisses - some of which she actually managed to return. The invitation didn't need to be repeated and she raised her eyes to just over the girls shoulder to take in the figure behind her. Medja. With one final squeeze of her friend she released her reluctantly and slipped past her.

"This is Kailyn," Noelani motioned to the girl Nym was also ushering enthusiastically into the room. "She helped me find my way here. Kailyn this is Nym," leaving the two girls to get acquainted she picked her way across the room to the figure lounging still on the bed. The vizier had kept her promise and for that, Noelani would forever be grateful. It made her throw etiquette to the sea as she approached her and leaned down, placing a kiss on either side of the women's cheeks.

"Thank you, for looking after her for me. I will not forget it."

Last edited:
Kailyn was tugged into the room. Was this what it felt like not to have a care in the world? To have something like a friend? No fighting over scraps of food. Not worrying about what the masters would do the next day. Not worried about being sold off to another family.

"Hi," the emperor's newly minted worker in charge of trade nodded shyly to the princess. Something ached in her chest when she saw the exchange between Nym and Noelani. She truly wished one day...to have a friend like that.

"I'm new to the area and was just hired by Gerra to run the trade routes," hand came up to rub at the back of her neck awkwardly, tattoo of her slavery past from Cerak At-Thul briefly showing on her wrist. It would be the same trident that one Uvogin shared and Nym might notice.

Molten orbs flickered to the other, rather busty woman on the bed.

Who was that?

Attention shifted back to Nym as a glass of wine was pushed into her hand.

Oh my. She was in trouble. She never drank much. Slaves didn't usually have the luxury.

Teeth bit on her lower lip uncertainly. Eyes flickered up. "Do you...do you trust Gerra?" Kailyn was curious. She'd heard the rumors of how the princess met the god-king. And she wondered if the woman's opinion had since changed.

Medja stretched her arms and legs out, toes pointing gracefully and instinctually from her time spent as a dancer. She cast her legs over the side of the bed and rose into the air, feet never making contact with the palace floor beneath her. Even here in Ragash the ground was not kept quite to her standards, and thus she kept a number of bangles on her person that she could use to levitate herself without need of her bandages.

"Welcome to Ragash, Noelani." The Vizier of Stars smiled warmly at both the girls, now reunited. In truth, she was moderately upset that her Hands had not bothered to tell her that the Mchawi princess had already arrived; Medja would have provided far more ceremony and guided her to Nym and herself, had she known. A memory of Noelani dashing ahead of her ship on the docks of Annuakat popped into her mind, however, and she reminded herself that the ever energetic princess had likely just outran Medja's agents. "I'm more than happy to have done so. Nymeasha is a delight."

Daintily grabbing her glass of wine from a nearby table, Medja joined the slowly gathering ring of women before her. The third one, Kailyn, was an unfamiliar face, though not an unfamiliar name. She had been informed of this recent hire, and while she was pleased to not have to deal with any more of the mediocrity of running a city, she was also annoyed that Gerra had not even consulted her first. Some things never changed, even post promotion.

Medja looked Kailyn over, head to toe. If there was one thing she had learned in her time with the Empire it was that Gerra's court seemed to draw beautiful people like a moth to a flame. The two most obvious things she noticed, however, was the girl's apparent anxiety over the situation she found herself in and the slavers' brands she bore on her skin. Now that wouldn't do.

"Ahh, Kailyn! I'm pleased to finally meet you. I am Vizier Medja; I look forward to working with you." She greeted her with a friendly tone and expression, placing her free hand on one of the woman's arms to give it a reassuring squeeze. Of course, Medja had her own opinion of Gerra, but the question wasn't directed at her. Instead, she simply left her greetings as they were for the time being.

Nym offered the girl a warm smile that met her eyes as Lani introduced her, and openly studied her "Pretty." she observed softly. "Pleasure to meet you Kailyn, make yourself comfortable, please."

Nym had never been a people person, circumstances like these were entirely new to her, she hadn't been allowed friends even as a child, except Lani. But now under the influence of two or three jugs (who was counting?) of wine she explored her freedom a little further. "Drink." she demanded bluntly as she offered out wine, and finished off another cup of her own.

She hadn't bothered to dry off, and she left wet footprints on the tiles as she limped back to climb up onto her bed and settle back into a deep mound of pillows, her dripping wet hair soaking into her silk gown. Her eyes moved to Kailyn as she asked a very loaded question and her lips pursed thoughtfully as she considered the woman who'd already announced she was working for the Emperor.. "Wow..Straight to the point hm?." she laughed under her breath and stretched out.. "And here I was enjoying my wine.." she smirked.

"He has far more right to distrust me than I him, lady. Trust isn't something that should just be given away, and why would I give it freely to the Emperor who had my family kidnapped and my city overthrown?.. I am not accustomed to trusting many people. So the answer is no. And at this moment I don't trust you either but what does that matter when there is wine? You were a slave, were you not? I could ask you the same question..but I won't, because your answer shouldn't be shared. If you say you do not, you are vulnerable, if you say that you do, you are vulnerable..." she sat up and smiled at the woman. "So drink." she waved a hand.

Medja's words caused a grin and she pointed at the woman... "De-light." she nodded firmly and opened her arms toward Lani. "Come sit with me, talk, drink. Tell me things!"

Last edited:
Noelani's eyes swept across the room in what would be considered a casual manner to those not used to the way of subtlety. For others it was clear she was ensuring the rooms were up to a standard she considered proper for her friend, but also for anything that might make the room scream gilded cage. As it was there were fresh flowers on the side, the window was thrown open, and the two had clearly been being supplied well enough with drink and food. She relaxed a little more and picked up one of the spare glasses and filled it with wine.

Her first sip nearly choked her however when Nymeasha began to answer the question with brutal honesty.

"Nymeasha..." Lani's voice was a soft warning. No matter how much the others claimed to be friends speaking in such a manner was not wise. But then, Nym had never been one to go about things subtly when it came to discussions. "Let's not scare the girl when she is enjoying her freedom," the Mchawi princess made her way over to the bed where her friend had flopped down and sat on the edge. The bed was already soaking wet and carefully, with a subtle twitch her fingers, she drew the moisture from the sheets and robe, collating it into a small orb that caught on the sunlight streaming in through the window. When it hit the ball it refracted and cast a calm blue light across the room as if it were entirely under water. Only then did she scoot further onto the bed and pull her friend into her arms.

"How much, exactly, have you had to drink kaikaina?" she used her peoples word for sister with a hum and shook her head slightly.

Kailyn's cheeks warmed considerably. One hand went down to one of her wrists, self-consciously covering one of the tattoos there. Even freed, she couldn't outrun that part of her life.

"Hello," she nodded to the Vizier, that same bulging of eyes she'd stared at Noelani when she'd manipulated the water now stared at Medja. The woman was...floating.

Molten eyes looked hesitantly around the room at the other women.

She doubted any of them knew much of slavery and the costs of living such a life. And in that moment, she felt very much the outsider. Still covering one wrist, she brought the glass of wine up to her lips and took a healthy sip. Eyes instantly watered and the sharp tang of alcohol pinched down her throat.

A cough she couldn't keep inside erupted betraying that this was her first taste of wine.

Throat quickly cleared, head dipping to hide beneath a long-wavy curtain of brown. "I would've answered you truthfully," the former slave blurted, eyes trying to capture Nym's own as a hand brushed ribbons of hair away from her face. Unsure of where to sit, Kailyn settled for the edge of the bed, facing the other three. Back remained stiff, as if she might bolt at the nearest opportunity.

But her hand brought the glass of wine back to her lips and she finished another healthy sift. This time keeping the cough down - barely.

"Um...is wine supposed to make your fingers feel tingly?" The question was posed to the room and no one in particular.

Perhaps I should've limited Nym's alcohol intake...

Medja stared on in amusement as the Salitran princess committed an act of word vomit to the unsuspecting trade manager. Freedom seemed to be the topic of the evening: Nym, recently freed from Imperial captivity and celebrating as such; Noelani, a free and energetic spirit; Kailyn, a former slave on the path of success; and herself, once a destitute waif who earned her freedom through sheer grit. It was quite an intriguing observation to the vizier, for one reason or another...but perhaps that was simply the wine making her feel introspective.

Regardless, Kailyn's reaction to the magics she was witnessing was more than a little noticeable. She seemed...fresh, impressionable, and Medja believed that she likely felt out of her depth. Alcohol was definitely the needed remedy.
"Um...is wine supposed to make your fingers feel tingly?"
Medja giggled.
"I believe that might just be your nerves, dear. Relax...let's all make this a fun evening, just us girls, hmm? No titles, no origins, just good wine and good company."

The sorceress smiled from ear to ear and slipped an arm around Kailyn's shoulder to emphasize her point, not a care in the world.

Nym snorted at being not so subtly reprimanded by Lani and let her head fall back with a chuckle "What?! Lani, I stabbed the man in the chest and was given back my freedom the following morning. I hardly think admitting that I don't trust the big smokey bastard is high treason in comparison! Even Medja can't expect me to trust everyone I meet when, when, when, I was quite obviously betrayed by someone I DID trust can she? No no.." she sat herself up, drank another large mouthful of wine and pointed at her friend "And I'll tell you another thing.." she frowned, quite clearly about to get serious with the woman, but she trailed off, huffed and shook her head, falling back again as she forgot what said 'thing' was.

"Yes.. Kelsey. Please.. Don't scare me when I'm enjoying my freedom." she muttered with a lazy wave of her hand toward Kailyn in echo of Lani's words and grinned to herself.

She watched Lani's little display with a bemused smile and let out a deep sigh as she joined her in the small mountain of pillows, her wine-free hand snaking around the woman to pull her close.. "Oh fuck off Lani you know I can't count wine." she laughed. "Question is how many have you not had to drink? Because I'd say that's the more serious issue here."

Nym turned her attention to Kailyn as she spoke to her, she smiled, but she had to force it to meet her eyes.. "Then, little mouse, you have a lot to learn, don't you?.." she watched her for another moment, jade hues wandering over her delicate features with a sharp huff and she looked at Lani to shake her head "Where did you find her? Poor thing's going to be eaten alive." she pouted, but her feigned sadness quickly shifted back to amusement as the woman choked on her wine and she laughed..

"Gods girl. Not after one sip, but it'll send your entire body numb soon enough. Perhaps taking your hand off that wrist of yours for five minutes would remedy your tingling fingers..." she grinned, but she managed to soften a little, her mind drifting to thoughts of Uvogin and she sighed, patting the cushions at her side. "Come, I will teach you to drink. You're not here to be judged, you're here to enjoy your new freedom as much as I am.." she smiled, her tone suggesting that she didn't actually believe either of them to be free.

She gestured a hand toward Medja as she spoke and nodded "See, listen to Medja, Kaylee. She knows all."

Nym's attention returned to her wine and she squeezed Lani close and pressed a kiss to her head, lowering her tone to one relieved of recent exhaustion "Thank you, my sister." she smiled, comforted to know that the woman's loyalty knew no bounds.

Last edited:
As Nym accounted the story of how she had been set free Noelani glanced over to Medja. There was only a very slight raising of the brow but she said nothing out loud though it was clear she was curious about how much her friend knew exactly about the extra conditions behind her release. Of course officially it had been a favour but it had meant Noelani hadn't withdrawn her navy nor her skills off the table straight away in their ongoing negotiations. It seemed best to simply catch up with the alcohol that her friend had already consumed and let those be worries and questions for another time. This was a time for bonding as friends rather than as diplomats and princesses and ex-slaves. Everyone seemed to have something to celebrate and Lani had no intentions on being left behind.

She knocked the first glass of wine back and then refilled it with a jug beside the bed with little care as to whether it was the same type of wine or not.

"I shall endeavour to catch up," the woman smirked at her friend. "Kailyn found me and I am very grateful for it. It was comforting to know I'm not the only new person around here," her smirk softened into a smile. The soft kiss on her head distracted her for a moment before she returned the gesture with a soft brush of her lips against her friends cheek. Lani felt no need for further words; she would always be there for Nym come hell or high water. It would be a fool who would stand in her way.

"Oh! Nym we should do what we used to do when we were little - we should have a sleepover," they were some of her fondest memories. Blankets fanned out on the floor, mountains of food, talking until the small hours and stealing a bottle of liquor from their fathers cellars.

Kainlyn couldn't stop her brows from raising along fair skin as Medja's arm went around her shoulders.

Oh my. The floating woman is touching me.

Kailyn nearly choked on her wine again. But she couldn't because in a third sip her glass was empty. For a moment, she shared a secret look with the princess. A look of understanding. Because she, too, wondered how free she truly was. She may not have the title slave anymore but after meeting Gerra in the garden and telling him about her own...magic, she wondered if the god-king would ever let her go if she so desired.

Kailyn scooted closer to the other side of the princess on the bed, where she patted the pillows and dragged Medja with her. Uncharacteristically bold of Kailyn. Must be the liquid courage.

Oh goddess help me.

Blinking, she saw her wine already re-filled.

How did that happen?

Tingles were already spreading across numbing digits. Head turned to the princess, ribbons of brown flopping in front of her eyes which she didn't bother to move. "Listen princess Nimp...Nummff, erm," fingers came up to pinch the bridge of her nose as she snorted. "Nerm. Stars, I think I need some food so you can teach my how to drink properly though it might be too late. And if Medja knows all," Kailyn turned and squeezed the other woman's hand. "Maybe she can regal us with some juicy court secrets and gossip."

Head turned to Lani. And she blinked as if trying to focus. "Can your powers draw alcohol out of the system too?"

There must've been attendants listening in because there was a sudden knock on the door where very attractive, half-clad servant men awaited with trays of food.

Medja giggled. Between the drunken antics of Nym, Kailyn's nerves, and Noelani's doting, the evening was rapidly becoming quite entertaining. Gods, she couldn't remember the last time she just got to cut loose for once...partly because she was too drunk, but it definitely involved lunch at Aivrid's place.
"we should have a sleepover,"

"Now that's a fun ideaaaaaaa..." The sorceress suddenly found herself being pulled through the air and back onto the bed by Kailyn, where she came to a rest. Quite the lightweight, this one! Never one to pass up an opportunity to tease, Medja leaned even closer onto the woman, smiling lasciviously. "My my, dear, most would at least offer to buy me dinner, first."

One thing was certain: there was no shortage of gossip in Gerra's court. The Emperor's concubines, while wildly irritating, were an invaluable well of information and never ones to shy away from sharing what they'd learned with her.
"I might be persuaded to let you in on some of the court's more scandalous tidbits."

Then the servant boys arrived, a veritable smorgasbord of both men and food. She had honestly forgotten that she had called for them awhile ago. The vizier enjoyed the view as she was offered various finger foods from silver trays. Yes, tonight was shaping up to be a fun one.

Nym’s hands lifted into the air and her head fell back with a “Yesss" as she agreed with Lani’s suggestion, and she downed the last of her wine. It was nice having company, she'd spent too many nights locked in this room on her own, they could stay as long as they pleased.

She was surprised that Kailyn joined them. She seemed skittish and fragile, but her current company would no doubt quickly change that. She was surprised further as the woman spoke, her brow arched.. So she bit back? Good. Nym’s full lips curled as her eyes once again studied her, her gaze narrowing as though deeply considering whether or not to stab her in the throat. A hand shot to grab the woman’s jaw with the speed of a viper and she gripped, making sure she was facing her and that she could see the warning in her eyes…She’d let it sink in for a moment before sighing “It’s Princess Nummff to you.” her features softened and she pressed a kiss to the woman’s nose with a grin and let her go.

Her attention was called toward the door as food and more drink arrived and Nym climbed over Lani to wander to her table and lift a fresh jug of wine, refilling her own cup and drinking as she limped around the bed refilling everyone else’s regardless of whether they required a refill or not.

“Go on, Medja. What happens in Nym’s chambers, stays in Nym’s chambers.” She grinned and flopped back onto the bed on her stomach, careful of her wine. “Hit us with the gossip.” She lifted her cup, propping herself onto her elbows and kicking her legs as she stared at the woman with a pout in anticipation.

Last edited:
Lani kissed her teeth as Nym clambered over her, nearly knocking the wine from her hand and she licked as a droplet run down her hand after escaping the goblet. Kailyn's question gave her pause though and there was a subtle shift of her features as she cleared her throat and contemplated how to answer and yet not answer. What most people knew of her people were their abilities to control water, some knew of the nuances of how that could be used such as in the art of healing, but not many outsiders knew of the deeper connotations...

"I can do somethings that will sober you up," she inclined her head and then sipped at her wine. "But getting drunk is part of the fine at a sleepover," her face changed again back into the soft expression of someone having a good time and not worrying about deeper issues. "I'll fix your hangover in the morning, I promise, so drink up," she rolled on to her knees and leaned over Nym who was now sprawled closer to the bottom of the bed and was thus in between her and the snacks. Her gaze flicked appreciatively up the server. More than one kind of snack. She picked up a handful of dates and nuts before leaning back into the pillows.

"Yes there's nothing but talk about this coconut or that seashell on the Isles, it must be much more exciting here. For a start, what was with all the giggling women in the palace in the capital?" Noelani looked bewildered. They had been far removed from the type of woman the Isle produced with their simpering and shy ways.

Kailyn's honeyed-eyes sharpened for a moment with that hand on her jaw. Just as quickly, they eased back into the fog that wine offered. For better or worse, Kailyn really liked Nym.

Fingers came up to brush across her jaw.

No bruises.

"All hail princess Numff!" She raised her now filled wine is salute to the other woman. "Who knows no bounds with her gifts of libations." Kailyn snickered and squeezed in closer to Medja, letting her head fall on the other woman's shoulder as if she'd known her, her entire life. Ribbons of brown would tickle across the woman's neck and shoulder as her head shifted.

Kailyn knew she was cuddling with vipers. A solitary traveler in the lion's den. But perhaps she was a lion in her own right. She just didn't know it yet.

She frowned at Noelani. Still thinking her a fantastical magical sorceress. A bit starry-eyed gazed toward Nym's bestie. "Okay but as long as it won't hurt."

Gaze cast down to the shirtless men. She'd been in their position. Serving food to drunken nobles and powerful families. Feeling the gaze of the men rake across her figure, knowing she'd have to outsmart them in order not to end up in their beds that night - only to be used up and thrown out like trash the next morning.

She was hesitant to take any of the food.

Those honeyed eyes like amber mead lifted to Medja.

"How can we persuade you to tell?"

Medja plucked an olive from a tray and popped it in her mouth, then thanked the servant that had brought that particular platter. She shuddered as the flavor ran over her tongue, a stark and refreshingly different taste from the wine she'd been sipping for the last several hours.
"I'll fix your hangover in the morning, I promise, so drink up,"
"That ability alone makes you Divan material, Noelani. Perhaps I chose the wrong school of magic after all."

All of the girls began to clamor for a bit of gossip now. It seemed that the Mchawi princess had taken notice of Gerra's concubines already. Like vultures, those ones, always eager to pick for any shred of dirt they could find.
"The God-Emperor's harem of 'wives.' Political marriages, nothing more. Gerra hates them all, but they tolerate him for the sake of living their incredibly luxurious and lazy lives." Medja explained, examining her nails as she did so. "You'd be amazed what gems of knowledge trickle out from their constant clucking."

The vizier observed as Nym reveled in her drunkenness. She was a bold one already, but the inebriation served to make her quite the flirt as well. Nym and Noelani both were rather...kissy. Not that Medja minded whatsoever. Kailyn, meanwhile, was making all the right moves so far as tickling Medja's fancy went.
"How can we persuade you to tell?"
She was in the process of raising a strawberry to her lips when she got caught in the attendant's gaze. Medja halted the berry's ascent midair, a different kind of hunger overtaking her expression. A throaty hum worked it's way up from the sorceress.
"Mmmm...I'm certain you can think of something..." She replied, biting the corner of her bottom lip.

Nym caught Lani's wandering eyes and looked between her and the server she was currently admiring, her brow lifting as she jerked a thumb toward the man "Oh..Do you want him to stay, Lani?.." she asked the woman casually, lips pursing as she fought the urge to grin at her. "Is it that sort of sleepover?"..

Of course, she raised her cup in hail of herself and drank long.. "And long, may I reign and all that." she chuckled and pressed her fingertips to her lips "Oh...wait." she rolled her eyes. Gerra had seen to the end of her family's reign already, not that she'd ever have ruled of course, even her own people hadn't known who she was. "Numff, Princess of wine..has a ring to it."

Nym's lips curled into a grin and she shook her head at Kailyn's anxieties over her alcohol consumption "She hasn't even learned to drink yet and she's worried about the headache in the morning. Relax, Kailyn." she smirked, emphasising the woman's correct name now that she'd decided to keep her, and her eyes danced over her with amusement over her wine as she sipped. She could respect the woman for standing up to her shit and playing her games. She hated boring people.

Kailyn's words and the way she looked up at Medja caused Nym's gaze to narrow in a smile, lips pursed to let out a whistle as she looked between the two women.. "Girl learns fast." she mused.

Last edited:
Noelan raised her glass a little to Medja's compliment and laughed.

"It is a handy gift for certain."

The tiny bit of information about Gerra's harem amused her somewhat and she sipped on her wine as she tucked away that little bit of information. Perhaps it would pay to be nice to them and see what information she was given in return for her troubles. They did seem like a lot of... work though. Their giggling and the discussion on such mundane things made her head hurt a little so she would have to learn to guide their loose tongues to things she would find more useful.

Lani's attention was distracted from business by Nym's comment and she offered her friend a sly smile after tearing her eyes from the man behind her. She was about to make some retort when she heard Kailyn's comment. She smothered her laugh in her cup.

"I think it is going to be that kind of sleepover for some people here," she shifted her position so she was laying on her side now, her upper body propped up by a swell of pillows. She wasn't sure Kailyn even fully understood what she had been implying, she was like a little lost lamb. "Should we leave you two to it?" her lips kicked up at the corners though she made no move to actually leave the bed.