Fable - Ask Midnight Munchies

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
"Oh!"
Thraah leaned on the counter opposite Liv and kept sipping the tea. This was getting really good really quickly.
"So somebody doesn't, sate, you eh? I get it."
Her smile became so wide and obnoxious it almost split her face in two.
"Who? Who's a shit lay? You can tell me!"
Thraah had never ever in her life ever kept a secret more than three days.

Livia Quinnick Houri

Alarm freezes her as she stares incredulously at the other Initiate. Absolute panic chokes her words in her throat as the tea burned on it's way down.

"I am not telling you that!" Even if the name would make Thraah delight with glee that individual was useless beneath the sheets, Liv was not about to admit so openly to lowering her standards for someone so... infuriating. "We should move on to a different topic. How about... oh! Terrorized anyone else in a game of Anirball lately?"

Surely she would take the bait! Her... companions were not the topic she would of liked to discuss to openly.

Houri Thraah

• Sip
  • Yay
Reactions: Houri and Thraah
Thraah didn't just take the bait, she ran with it.
"Oh yeah, well not me but Slick Basserly, he's the front for the Mauve Avengers, has been hammering ass in the Priors. Last week they took the Belfrey Rams down by six points. SIX. Can you believe it? Anyway it all means nothing if they can't secure a win against the Craggle Killers who have been looking really strong since they got Waverly Unst back from his injury. I think his leg still kinda looks a bit iffy but they've been chomping through games. They're definitely the ones to beat come the new season."
She stopped talking to take a drink of tea then immediately started again.
"If the Avengers can pull it off though then it'll be smooth sailing all the way up to the National league and by then you're talking the biggest venues. Blackthorn Stadium, The Mermaid, Forgotten Falls. It's gonna be a great year I can tell already."
Having gotten that off her chest she finally asked.
"So who do you support Liv?"

Livia Quinnick Houri

• Blank
Reactions: Livia Quinnick
It was embarrassing how quickly her interest was lost as soon as Thraah mentioned the first name. How her face resorted to the slight intrigue that was achieved with a single quirked brow, gaze responsive as her mouth thinned into a line as if she were deep in thought.

Suddenly, attention was back on her. Livia lifted both brows now, furrowing in a soft confusion as she stifled a scoff. She was awful at Anirball, but she also was not one to give up so easily.

"I have not the foggiest idea of what you have said. You lost me entirely." Yet that was all she knew of Thraah. Did she even have a family name??

Houri Thraah

• Haha
Reactions: Houri
Suddenly, Thraah's face turned sour as she scrunched up her nose and furrowed her eyebrows.
"Shit on a sandwich Liv you asked about it, least you could do is listen."
In the huff now she went back to her tea and tried not to glare.
"What's up? Too busy thinking about all the rotten sex you're having or something?"
The comment was teasing and bitter.
Why in the world would she change the topic of she wasn't going to listen. Thraah knew of course. It was to keep her from knowing about who was tickling Liv's nethers. Not that she super cared but it was frustrating now.
Two topics shot right out of the sky like pigeons.
Ugh, why was she like this?

Livia Quinnick Houri

Where the fuck was Houri and why was she taking this long for eggs? It was not like the recipe asked for one fresh from the chicken.

With precise force, she set her teacup down on the wooden bench beside her, enough force to give it that passive aggressive thud before lifting her gaze to smile too sweetly at Thraah.
"Fine. Want to know something, Thraah?" Her hand released the handle of the cup, and lifted upwards to point to the ceiling. "I currently have someone waiting on my return with the biscuits I promised. I certainly did not expect to run into anyone."

She sat up straight, not that her posture was not poised already from her conditioning as a ballet dancer most of her life prior to the Academy. "Happy?" Her tone was not. Livia's brows furrowed deeply as her olive eyes narrowed as she fixed Thraah with a look of contempt.

(Hurry back Houri...)
Thraah

Stunned.
Thraah's entire being was stunned to her core, the outburst, the reveal!
Her face went from shock to slow smile as a giggle at how silly the situation was slipped out from between her teeth.
"You have...?"
She bent over, still smiling madly at Liv and pointed upwards as she had seen her do.
"Right now?"
Her eyes went to the cooking book and she pointed at that now.
"And you're here?! Making cake with me and Stormy???"
Each word raised her voice an octave until it became the strangled squeak of an uncontrollable laughing fit.
Then the floodgate opened and she clapped her hand over her mouth to stifle the cackling mirth that flowed from within. Unable anymore to stand upward she hunched, eyes shut tight and laughed.

Livia Quinnick Houri

The Tale of Houri & Gladys
Houri took a deep breath in as she exited the warm kitchens. There was something about autumnal nights that made her want to do something reckless. Perhaps it was the memory of those nights long ago, stuck a noble functions during the Harvest Festivals, where her and Ollie had pranked their older siblings and parents. She supposed tonight she would have to settle for stealing eggs. As she walked she held her hands out towards the mists that rolled in at her command. She thickened them until if someone looked out the window they would not see her walking about in a night shift and if they did they might think it a ghosts form. Many of the young initiates believed in such things.

She found the chicken coops behind the vegetable patch. The cook had herded them up and got them back into their coops for the night in case of prowling foxes and Houri lifted the lid on one to peak inside. The chickens slumbered amongst the straw and only a few craned their necks to look at her indignantly as she disturbed their night.

"Sorry," Houri whispered and moved on to the next coop.

No sooner had she lifted the lid than something from within hurled itself at her. Claws flashed and wings flapped making her fall back with hissed curse, raising her hands to protect her face. Her instinct was to smoke the thing but a dead bird would certainly raise questions in the morning so she was forced to concede step after step to the attacking chicken. Emboldened the other chickens had begun to exit the coop she had left open and ran after their demonic ringleader, squawking and pecking at her slippers.

"Fuck - STOP! CHICKENS, STOP!" She aimed a kick at one but the fierce white ringleader flew for her face once more with a cry that would have made a banshee feel inadequate. The night began to fill with the mixed sounds of increasingly vulgar curses and the sounds of chicken warfare. "I don't want to hurt you, I just want some eggs!" Why was she arguing with a chicken?! When had she begun running round the pen? She was a Dreadlord! Or, near enough, she didn't run from anything let alone a blasted--

"ENOUGH!" Lightning cracked down into the midst of the chicken gang sending then squawking in all directions. The ringleader tottered momentarily stunned and Houri snatched it up by the neck before it could do any more damage to her. "I just want some fucking eggs!"

"Bwaack," the chicken replied, eyes rolling in different directions still dazed from the bright light.

Houri decided to take that as a go ahead and marched back to the coop where the others had hidden themselves. She snatched up as many as she could carry in the folds of her dress with the chicken still clutched in one hand - for she feared if she let the bird go it would attack her once more. Once she had half a dozen she went to throw the chicken back into its coop when Houri took a moment to look at its determined, beaky little face. Perhaps it just hadn't wanted to be stuck in this cage.

"Look, if I take you back will you behave?"

"Bwaa-bwa-bwa?"

"No, you can't hurt my friends."

"Bwaaaaah"

"Fine, you can hurt anyone else who tries to come into the kitchen."

"Bwaa-bwack-bwack."

"Yes you can have come cake."

"Bwwa."

"Good."

And so it was that fifteen minutes after Houri had left the kitchen she returned, kicking open the door as both hands were occupied with eggs in one hand and chicken in the other. Her hair looked as though someone had raked their claws through it and a few feathers stuck up here and there. A nasty cut ran across her cheek.

"What did I miss?"

Livia threw her hands up and rolled her eyes. She was not going to explain that she wanted to announce her nighttime activities when she came through to the kitchen, but Thraah always achieved in Liv's short fuse.

Before she could dig herself deeper with anymore comments or perhaps even revealing just who she kept waiting, Houri's return was welcomed with a sigh and remark.
"Finally!" The Initiate ran a hand through her long hair, clutching at the roots before letting her fingers rake through the brunette locks and finishing in the silver ends. "You do realise I asked for just eggs, of course? Please do not tell me you are going to kill and cut up a chicken at this hour."

They were an hour away from cake and the stormcaller wanted chicken also? Livia pierced Houri with a blank stare. She better not let that chicken anywhere near her or else they can make chocolate cake on their own.

Houri Thraah

• Derp
"Oh, STORMY!"
Thraah's face lit up as she tried to speak through her laughter.
"You're not gonna..."
She pointed at Liv with one hand and the ceiling with the other.
"She has... upstairs... HAHA... and. He's. Just. WAITING!"
So powerful was her fit that she slid down the side of the counter onto the floor. Her laugh becoming more of a snorting honk than anything else until her attention fell then on the newest member of the kitchen.
"Ow, chicken. Bawk bawk!" Was all she managed before she erupted into a new fit of giggles.

Houri Livia Quinnick @Cluckodile Dundee

• Derp
Houri and the chicken shared a look.

"I will not eat Gladys," it sounded like a recited promise and then the initiate promptly dropped the foul fowl onto the floor where it began to peck about for crumbs. As she carefully unloaded her nightgown full of eggs she listened to Thraah's wheezing catch-up on everything she had missed. She wasn't sure if it was just her not understanding the joke or if Thraah was just not very good at repeating them.

"Who's waiting for you upstairs?" she looked at Livia quizzically. Was this some kind of knock knock joke?

Livia bet that the gods decided to punish her for simply leaving her room.

The sigh that escaped from her caused her shoulders to sag in defeat, unable to deal with the loud laughter -- if one could call it that -- that came from Thraah. Livia rolled her eyes and slid off the bench, going to take one egg from the harvest and begin work on the cake by now wandering the kitchen for the equipment needed. Her magic helped her at least, finally finding that whisk she never would recognize and began following the method written out in the cookbook.

"Thraah is rather interested that I was not alone in my room before I came down here. Not that I wanted to announce that fact to two Initiates I am not close with, but... here I am. Stalling." More like afraid to admit who truly was in her bed. Livia could only hope Silas Artesto had fallen asleep after she had left for a good while now.

"So, please, have your laugh now and then take that chicken outside. It is not clean to have it here in the kitchen."

Houri Thraah

• Blank
  • Haha
"Oh come on Liv. Just tell us."
Thraah managed to work herself into a sitting position which seemed rather comfortable.
"Who would we tell? Who listens to us..."
Her eyes flickered to Stormy then back to Liv.
"Me, who listens to me? Even chickens listen to Stormy apparently."
Her face beamed with charmless mirth at her own negging.
It was too easy for her and Liv was getting so put out.
"But seriously, why ARE you stalling? Is something wrong?"
Still smiling her voice held real edges of real concern. Folk didn't stall for no reason.

Houri Livia Quinnick

Houri didn't laugh as Thraah did. She didn't really understand what was so funny about it for it was clear to her why a woman wouldn't return to a bed with a man in it. So, if anything, she was concerned that the sex had been that bad Livia had chosen to spend time with them baking a cake instead of going back. So she merely gave the girl a sympathetic smile, patted her on the shoulder and said in all sincerity.

"In thanks for cake, I am more than happy to go remove him from your room so you will not be disappointed a second time."

She pointedly did not remove the chicken who had settled herself into a pile of dishcloths and was clucking away quite contently.

Livia had dug herself a considerable hole, and to have these acquaintances be privy to her private affairs... there was a sense of withdrawal, to keep it just that, private, and then there was that conflicting want to gossip with these girls like her mother loved oft to do with her friends in society.

There was no need to name names, no? She could indulge them small tidbits of her life, well, the life she had here at the Academy.
"Well what if my appetite called for cake, Thraah? There is no hurry because I got what I already wanted from the guy." Liv kept herself busy, slowly working through the listed method for the cake and trying to remember how the cooks at her home worked, trying to imitate them as best as she could. She turned to kick a slipper gently at Thraah. "You are up. You said you would do the whisking."

While she got on with that task, Livia spread the remaining butter around the cake tin before lightly flouring it. With pursed lips, she pondered heavily on her next words, wondering if it would be too much to share or vague enough still. "I believe it would be very difficult to be... disappointed a first or second time." She ought to stop there, feeling her cheeks burn gently.

Oh gods.

"Oh no..." Livia darted off to the oven and kneeled before it, trying her best to figure out how to work it. "I skipped the part where it said to heat the oven before hand! I... do not know how to even--" The thought was already fading, being replaced with a solution just as quickly. "All it needs is a small fire, does it not? And that is the very thing that Thraah wields?"

Thraah Houri

• Blank
Wrapt attention.
Few could get it from The Thraah as well as Liv had just then.
She giggled a bit at the idea of Stormy smiting some fool in Liv's bed. Like *KRAKAKEOWWW* leaving nothing but a pile of dust.
As Liv went on her eyes went wide as saucers.
"Wow Liv, never pegged you for the kind to love em and leave em. In fact I imagined you'd want a written contract in triplic... triple... three of them."
Soon as Liv gave her the nudge she was up and ready to whisk, taking the bowl and whisk in hand the turned to Stormy with a look of frantic determination.
"Egg me bitch imma beat up a storm!"
Liv panicked, then slightly and upon hearing her request Thraah playfully rolled her eyes and replied.
"Yeah, stand back."
She eyed to spot between the open grate of the oven and the remnants of char that lay within and summoning all her well trained Anirball precision SPAT a wad of fire right into the heart of the oven from her position several feet away.
"BESSLEY!" She called out triumphantly but not very loudly. She was still aware of their extremely not supposed to be there status.
The oven lit and stayed lit a decent heat coming from within.

Livia Quinnick Houri

Do... you have any idea what she meant?

No.

Beats me.

Why would you do it a second time if it was bad?

Maybe that means it wasn't bad?

Well then why would she be here making cake?

Because it's cake. Derh.

Yeah. Derh.

Houri rubbed her head but decided it was best to not ask Livia any further questions. Thraah seemed to be doing a great enough job at that for the both of them. Certainly in asking the questions that made Livia turn an amusing shade of red. With the latter flapping over the oven and Thraah beating the eggs into oblivion, Houri hummed to herself as she set about measuring out the flour.

"Is there anyone you like, Thraah?"

*BADUMP!*
"Buttox, uh... Heh. well...."
Without knowing it, Thraah began to beat the eggs faster.
"Uh, I mean... it's not like..."
Her eyes flickered to Houri, the chicken and Liv then the floor. She sped up the whisking more.
"Well-thing-is-like-at-the-dance-I-don't-know-if-you-heard-but-it's-not-like-a-thing-oranything-but-he-was-there-and-so-was-I-duh-yeah-you-know-that-but-yeah-and-well-he-fell-cause-of-the-dogs-demon-kind-not-normal-kind-so-like-I-tried-to-HELP!..."
Her whisking became faster even frantic as bits of yoke threatened to spill out the side.
"...but-then-I-saw-him-and-he-saw-me-and-y'know-when-someone-really-LOOKS-at-you-y'know-it-was-like-this-THING-and-I-don't-know-if-it's-like-a-THING-thing-or-just-like-a-small-thing-but-He-was-super-nice-about-the-whole-thing-so-PLEASE-don't-be-weird-about-it-Stormy!"
The whisking had stopped and Thraah put the bowl down before stating in an unusually quiet voice.
"Eggs are done."
She was emitting a raw heat, the kind that hinted at cold beyond its radiance. A pensive heat like a bubble about to burst.

Livia Quinnick Houri

So this was what it was like to watch one squirm? It delighted Livia, who turned to look behind her to see Houri and Thraah as they converse. She stood up now, uncaring for the oven so much now that Thraah got it roaring to life, leaning against the bench just shy of the Initiate that had whisked a storm with the eggs.

"You know, he is not my type, but I applaud you well Thraah for having such an eye." Liv took the measured out flour Houri had heaped into the measuring cup and added it to the wet mix. From there, she added all other dry ingredients before taking a wooden spoon and slowly folding the mixture to combine.

"I mean... it is unquestionable to say that Maseno Luana is dreamy..." Livia winked Houri's way.

Houri Thraah

• Blank
  • Stressed
Houri blinked after Thraah's sudden explosion of near nonsensical jabber. She barely caught every second word and wondered who could make the fiery girl so... nervous.

If this is what boys do to you, it's probably best we stay away, Shiva counselled and Houri stopped herself before she nodded in agreement; she didn't need the others to know her darkest secret. She would much rather be worried about them finding out about a boy than how broken she was inside. She was about to ask politely who such a man was that had got her so tongue tied when Livia supplied the answer instead.

Houri simply stared.

Did she say Maz?

OUR Maz?

Baby brother Maz?!

"You have a crush on my brother?"

Her voice came out a lot calmer than she felt.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Livia Quinnick
The world became very slow. Like all other the thing's in the kitchen went out of focus leaving only herself in the middle of distant reality.
Despite this her body beamed heat like it's own furnace.
She knew Houri was powerful and an older sister, did that help? Was that enough? That they shared that alone. Nothing else about them was similar. Thraah felt like she was looking at an ancient dragon, unknowable but wise in its infinity.
Just tell her, it's not like it's a huge secret.
But it was different, Houri was Maseno's sister. It wasn't like admitting it to Liv... who should burn for spilling the name... it was, worse somehow.
Thraah squared her shoulders and shook her head to rid her mind of this moment that felt like hours. She forced herself to speak very calmly and slowly but when she did it was like her jaw had turned to stone, so she forced the words out.
"I... do. Yes. I like Maseno, he has been, kind and friendly to me... so I like that and we like, spending time together and, burning crutches, and, dancing is nice... "
She trailed of.
Was this giving too much?
Dammit Stormy have a less blank look on your face PLEASE!

Houri Livia Quinnick

Liv grinned listening to Thraah compose herself and admit her feelings fearlessly before Houri. Even if somewhere in her mind, her mind called her a hypocrite for being so cowardly to admit her own feelings.

But Thraah did not have the same deceitful childhood like Livia had to make her think like this.

"Hold on... that was not what I heard happened at the dance. I know I was outside but... people said you helped him up and spoke to him. Only people left dancing were Houri and Zaire." Liv turned her olivine eyes to the other, raising her arched brows in question. "That boy so badly wanted to dance with you all night." So much so that he turned down a profitable sale of his finest recreational goods to dance with Houri.

Houri Thraah

• Derp
  • Cthulhoo rage
Thraah had accomplished an unusual feat; stunning all fourteen of the voices that currently made up her mental state - fifteen if she included her own voice. The words just circled through her mind over and over again never quite sinking in. Her first thought after the shock passed was that she should, probably, kill Thraah. Whatever her brothers emotional attachments she was now a possible weakness for him. Eliminating that weakness would keep him safe both physically and emotionally. Yet she didn't.

Curious.

Houri had been staring at her the entire time she had this deep epiphany and was trying to figure out what it meant when Livia spoke up. She blinked and shook her head to clear her thoughts. Why were they talking about Zaire and her now?

"I think he was just missing Lumen. It's a shame she wasn't there. As for you and Mas..." Houri glanced back to Thraah and frowned. "I'd rather not hear details if you're intending to... pursue it."

She waited for the hit of anger or protectiveness but again nothing came. Maybe she was learning these new ways.

Thraah let out a sigh of relief.
She didn't want Stormy to think less of her or to be angry that she didn't know.
"Persue? oh yeah, pfft, why would I tell you? NOT THAT WE'VE DONE ANYTHING. It's just, nice for now."
She tossed a glance at Liv then, a warning held in the dark of her iris.
"And yeah, we didn't dance at the dance, I... lost my dress and Maseno came to see if I was okay when he heard. He's sweet."
Thraah's eyes went soft as she said it and looked at Stormy with a kind of helpless *well there it is* look.
So far Stormy had not looked too anything. Just kinda stunned.
"You okay Stormy? You cold?"
he almost waved her hand in front of her face but thought better of it.

Houri Livia Quinnick

Liv scowled at the warning look Thraah had thrown her way, not because of the look initially, but the words spoken by her. It was obvious of her feelings, but Quinnick said nothing. What would she know on the matter? It was best to be ignorant, to not entertain something that may not last.

"Right. I think that is everything for the cake batter..." She took the bowl and began to pour the mixture into the prepared tin, taking the time to smooth it out before turning to look at Thraah, still looking nervous after what Houri had said. "Mind placing this into the oven? I doubt you are likely to burn yourself."

She then peered around, looking for an hourglass before spying it by Houri's chicken guest. "And are you able to turn that hourglass, Houri? Half an hour should be right if Thraah's fire is not too hot for the cake." Poultry should be kept outside the kitchen, unless it was to be prepared for dinner.

Houri Thraah

• Popcorn
  • Smug