LFG Looking for Like-Minded (Potential) Naga

The Scaled King was only born 13 years ago, so I doubt he would have been able to meet Nathaira's mother before then. It could have been his father, the chieftain of the Tiskuani tribe, or another character. I like the idea of having a loose connection to the Dreadlords, all that's needed is showing Nathaira her clear superiority over the Skinned Ones.

I'm still working out the details of Nathaira's birth, but some dark magic was definitely involved considering I don't think humans should be able to successfully breed with reptiles lol. I will try to work out a way for her to get to the kingdom in the future and discover some of her roots.

If you want, check out the Yuan-Ti for a good source. They are created through rituals and magic in worship to serpent gods, and humanoid Yuan-Ti are actually quite common, used as spies and agents.

If dark magic is involved, then the Tiskuani probably played a part. They specialize in blood magic and frequently conduct magical rituals. Transferring Naga blood or souls could possibly account for a half-breed. Regardless, I'll be looking forward to seeing her around!

Xhivyas and Sauvan, both of you are up in the thread if you have anything left to add.

So far, it looks like we'll be planning to siege Minaris. Before we can do that, I'd say there are a few threads that can serve as lead-up:
  • Convincing Savei we are not an elaborate dream they had, and are indeed real. This doesn't need the whole crew to tag along, just Tir'Coatl and those who would enjoy attending —or would be willing to attend—a party.
  • Procure the materials needed to construct a fleet capable of shipping us over to the Isles of Sheketh, through raids or some other means. Alternatively, we can just raid a coastal city and try to steal their existing boats. Xhivyas might be of especially good use here, seeing as he's called the Tidelord.
  • Granting you all your first taste of blood magic in the City of Samksaya could be a nice, fun thread to introduce the city in greater detail and flesh out any details we'd like to include about it.
  • Any other ideas that come up!
It's time we get the Naga ball rolling, after all. I want to make sure that when (or if, as some heretical Skinned Ones would say) we conquer Minaris, it's an achievement that was earned. If anybody has a particular preference or an idea they'd like to add, feel free to speak!

An'azesh, what you said is honey to my ears. Consider yourself hired/soon to be hired whenever you'd like, such an introduction is sure to be interesting.

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Ageratina Altissima
While we should probably get some more threads under our belt before we apply to be an official group (Go out into the world, my snake children), I've been playing around with banner designs. Since this is going to eventually be used for all members, I thought it'd be best to involve you guys in the decision-making process and have a vote. Colors can be changed around, of course, but these are the base ideas.

Temple Variants
proxy.php

proxy.php

Scaled Variants
proxy.php

proxy.php

So there are two choices to make:

1. Temple background, or snakeskin?
I lean more towards the temple design, personally, but the scaled ones are great on the Naga=Snake-people brand recognition front.

2. Naga, or Samskaya Naga?
Either we go short and sweet with only our species, or we be a bit more specific with the kingdom added as well.

(Also, if anyone can design an icon, that'd be great!)

Snakeskin is the most charming ;p
But Samskaya Naga or just Samskaya is best since it removes ambiguity between if it's just a group of likeminded naga or if it's all naga.
It's kinda like naming an elven kingdom 'elves'.
It might seem a logical choice since all active naga are in this faction ATM, but it won't be the case in the future if another and maybe a third naga group springs up.

Edit: (Also mby the scales and temple could be combined into an albino boa scale pattern?)

Do the Samskaya Naga one with temples. If this were a tag to associate all Naga we would most likely use some variant of the snakeskin ones, but since we are specifically writing a naga kingdom with a characteristic aztec/egyptian culture I think the Samskaya Kingdom with temples is the proper way of going about it.

Also in my opinion it looks much more badass than just scales lol

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

It seems like snakeskin is winning in the vote, so I'll be working with that. Since they were suggested, I made three new variations. I think the Samskaya Kingdom works best since there's already a 'The Empire' group around.

• Yay
Reactions: Ageratina Altissima