Dreadlords Incursion

Threads open to all members of the Dreadlords group
Liv was quiet as she listened to Leander, tensing as he helped her down slowly. Her back was to them all, and as she turned around to spew some more choice words at the idiots, Leander had pushed her aside and away from him. Garret moved out of the way, snickering down at her as she wiped the sand from her eyes and glared up at him. Without a word, she grabbed a smooth pebble from the sand and drive it home in a conveniently open area in his armour. She did not need her ability to find such a painful spot to jab.

Getting back onto her feet made her grit her teeth, not liking how her shoulder protested at the movement.

"Urahil is right. They do not need to accompany us." Right at that moment, Livia did not care for the two young men squaring off at each other. All she cared about was the growing headache behind her eye.

"We need to go. The sooner we get closer to Penny, the better I can concentrate with the pain." Penny was counting on them. Guilt tugged at Livia, turning to catch Kristen's gaze and hope her expression said it all.

They needed to leave now before Livia became useless to them all.

Her magic was known to encapsulate her entirely with pain, forming into a trigger for the corrupted magic. They needed to get going before Quinnick fugues... and that did not go well the last time it happened.

Kristen Pirian Thraah Leander Urahil Iscandor Karon

"Wait, that's right. My bad, let's save this for later." He'd flick his hand up, sending the trident up and set to land far behind it's intended target. Sliding down the arm of his icy statue, he'd cool the boiling water with one hand and make a big platform of ice. When he was firmly standing on the platform, he'd melt most of the ice it was made of (his contraption would now look like a very thick and small door) and also make it float, moving forward and hovering maybe ten feet up from the sandy beach.

"Leander, now is maybe not a great time for us to fight like morons. I'm gonna call a rain check on this until after we rescue Penny, because that cause seems significantly less petty and pointless than proving my point."

With that, he'd yawn and lower himself maybe five feet, pushing himself off and on to the beach. "Quinnick, are you alright?" He'd ask this with genuine concern, then shoot an apologetic look at Kirsten. I forgot myself and got swept up. Please forgive me. After a second, he'd look slightly away with a musing countenance. "From the looks of it, we need to focus and make a plan. Leander, Garrett and Flavien have made their intentions clear, so we should stop wasting time convincing them otherwise."

(Turn skip approved by Vig for the sake of stopping the trident)

Last edited:
Quickly seemed a barely adequate adverb to describe the rate of escalation amongst her peers, so swift was one event followed by the next. It was Thraah that first garnered Kristen's attention, calling it away for a moment from Leander who (thankfully) had set Livia down and (not so thankfully) had begun to march toward Iscandor.

You ever play Anirball?

She had not, but Kristen knew enough to know that this meant something which, she believed, would be wildly unhelpful to a sound resolution of their present woes. "Thraah. No. We need only gather those who wish to save—"

Penny's name never left her lips, for quickly (that barely adequate descriptor) did the confrontation between Iscandor and Leander turn from harsh words to grand displays of magic. Blessed Aionus! They really were going to tear one another apart over this!

"No, no, no!"

Kristen was already in motion. Her body acted before her unconscious impulse could even rise to the surface of her conscious mind. She broke into a sprint, fully intent on throwing herself in front of Iscandor's trident in the slim—perhaps forlorn—hope that such an act might defuse the fight and restore peace, however tenuous.

But it was not necessary: Iscandor bid the trident to miss by a wide margin. Kristen cut short her sprint as suddenly as she had begun it, sand kicking up in a plume beneath her sabatons. Her conscious mind at last became aware of what she had been meaning to do: Lord! What recklessness on her part! Praise be to Aionus though, for she didn't need to feel what it was like to be impaled by the trident; cooler heads prevailed...for the moment.

To Iscandor and his apologetic look, Kristen, with a visage paled by how close she had come to grave injury, gave him a small but grateful nod. But of Leander? Would his pride stoke his wrath, and bid him to beckon more violence? The coming moment would tell.

Having caught Livia's gaze, having heard her words, Kristen said to Leander (for it seemed Iscandor had now definitively sided with all who wished to pursue Penny), "To Vel Vara, or to the Academy: where shall your feet take you?"

All the while, the issue with Carter and Flavien was settled.

"Go," Carter said to Flavien, his courage at last eclipsing his fear. "Lizardmen don't scare me."

Flavien wrinkled his nose in supreme indignation. He was about to make another demand, or a threat, or maybe even a brazen move, but Garrett thumped him on the arm with the back of a hand to get his attention and said, "Leave him. Fuck him. And fuck the rest of these self-righteous pricks." Garrett's ire was still hot after the cheap shot from Livia, but he didn't feel the need to waste any effort on her. Because: "They can all die on that island for all I care."

Flavien took a moment, but then nodded. "Yeah. I guess those lizards will be eating good soon enough."

Now with their minds made up, their opposition settled in and any notion of trying to persuade the other Initiates from a foolhardy trip in some vain hope of saving a worthless comrade, Flavien and Garrett each turned and started to depart from the scene on the beach.

Thraah Leander Urahil Iscandor Karon Livia Quinnick

Thraah smiled and hurried to Carter's side and gave him a friendly punch on the arm.
"Way to go Ox-cart. You sent em packing. Pen-pen is good as saved eh?"
Then she turned to Leander and folded her arms.
"So what's it gonna be Blondie? You with us or are you joining those losers?"
She said to him not really caring if he lashed out or left. She'd ruin his face if he came for them and if she died messing up his looks she swore she'd be buried smiling.

As for the others she spared a brief glance at them all except Iscandor. Liv was solid. Kris was ready for anything and Ox-cart was looking kinda pumped up. His new experience was looking good on him she had to admit.

Still, if Blondie stayed, things could go a lot smoother. She wasn't an idiot.

Iscandor Karon Kristen Pirian Leander Urahil Livia Quinnick

Leander was grinning wildly, a crazed look in his eyes. He didn’t use his nullifying dome often. To him it was more of a headache than it was a gift, especially in situations that involved actual warfare. The college magic that Leander knew of often proved to be far more successful than him just nullifying magic completely.

But in this case against Iscandor? Oh it was going to feel fucking good to watch him fall into the water below and hopefully wash all that arrogance and pride out of his face. Even with the trident being thrown in his direction, Leander had no fear, already planning to use his wind scythe to cut it in half before he would charge and make magic useless.

He didn’t expect Pirian to run to his rescue— but all Leander could do was think it to be strange as Iscandor immediately called the fight off.

So he was stupid and a coward. Flavien and Garret were making their way back. Leander looked at those that addressed him.

I can’t work with that idiot.” Leander said, jerking his head over to Iscandor. In truth, Leander understood he was doing them all a favor. If they really wanted to go and save Penny, as stupid as it was to do such a thing, Leander could only see him butting heads with Iscandor— again and again and again. The initiate may have called off the attack but Leander wanted nothing more than to drown him in the water Iscandor thought he held claim over.

And they’re not losers. They’re the only ones with sense.” Leander pivoted on his heel, following after the two initiates that shared Leander’s beliefs. He had no reason to rescue Penny, in a group effort, Leander wouldn’t be able to shine. He couldn’t have played hero even if he tried, especially with Iscandor around. “We’ll tell the Academy what happened. We’re splitting up because the Academy should know of the circumstance. Enjoy your playing hero, I’m sure someone will collect your bones.” It would be easier to play it off this way. He picked up the pace, his long legs easily loping over to Flavien and Garret.

Leander didn’t look back.

[Leander left the party]

Last edited:
“Here I thought he would understand priorities, but I guess not.” He’d mutter this with a tired glance, turning back to the group that had decided to stay. “Glad you’ve joined us, Carter. I much prefer you to Leander. We now have good muscle without the bad attitude.” He’d mutter this with only a slight ruefulness, all too aware how Leander’s nullification magic could have helped undermine the Orokai despite being the one to finally get him off their case.

Well, even if Quinnick got mad at him for scaring off her boyfriend, Iscandor told himself it was the right choice. It seemed Leander always made a big fuss about himself when everyone else wasn’t kowtowing at his mere presence, and nothing got done. Good riddance, you Noble nag. He’d think this firmly, turning to face the rest of the group. One thing was for sure- Even though Leander’s absence made the mission harder, it would not be impossible.

Maybe a bit of stealth and a pinch of ice boats mixed in with combat, and it could be done for sure.
“I vote for Kristen’s plan. A few hours is not too long and any Dreadlord, initiate or not, should be able to live behind enemy lines for that amount of time,” He’d say with a yawn. Inside, though, he was furiously thinking about the odds and chances. They captured Penny instead of killing her. Why? Some sort of bargaining chip? Barring that, Anyway you can slice it Penny is more and more likely to end up dead the longer we wait.

He leaned against a palm tree, musing. There was a reason they had captured her before, but what was it? “Are we sure their first choice is to kill her? If it was me on their side, a weakened Dreadlord would be a prime stash of information waiting to be tortured out.”

Kristen Pirian Thraah Livia Quinnick

• Popcorn
Reactions: Kristen Pirian
Quinnick was visibly annoyed, by the departure of Leander, and by being stuck with Karon. She ignored the latter's late agreement on the plan set out by Kristen, busying herself by going through their packs that were dumped by the treeline and taking out things they did not need multiples of, lightening their load in a bid to keep her thoughts to herself. When pressed, she had a temper that often lead to heightened emotions, a lesser trigger to her corrupting magic. It would serve them considerably less if her magic came at odds with her compass ability, but it was proving difficult to listen to his booming voice irritating her eardrums.

"Less talking. We cannot stand around and deliberate on the welfare of Penny or the reason she was taken. It could have been any of us, so shut it!" Livia tossed an emptied pack, one left behind by Garret if she were to hazard a guess. He was not going to need his water skein if he was returning to the Academy sooner than those that remained on the beach.

"We are losing daylight. Time we get going on that plan." Livia exhaled, her shoulders drooping as she now looked to Kristen. "Even if Penny ended up dead, I am bringing her body back home." She had no heart to admit to any of them her compass ability had no way of determining if someone were dead or not, that a body was a body. Such knowledge would only dampen their spirits, and after the departure of those that refused to stay and help, they needed a considerable boost in confidence going ahead.

Kristen Pirian Thraah Iscandor Karon

• Stressed
And so they were split. Certainly it would have been better to have Leander, Flavien, and Garrett coming with them for the rescue, but this was the only way in which said rescue could happen. No use was there now in decrying their loss, nor in fretting over the winds of fortune, if Leander's scathing prediction about their bones would come to pass, once they reached the Orokai's island. For better or for worse, Kristen, Thraah, Iscandor, Livia, and Carter were committed to this.

Livia, though upset, was nonetheless right. They couldn't just stand around.

"Come," Kristen said in general, "we may walk and talk."

With an eastward heading along the coast, this in the direction of Vel Vara, Kristen did just that.

Even if Penny ended up dead, I am bringing her body back home.

"This we would indeed owe to her, to ensure that she in her eternal rest would not be left forsaken. I will pray that such a somber task does not befall us." And then to Iscandor, "Who is to say what the minds of these bestial lizardmen contain? Yet, stoking the embers of hope, it is true that they had motive to capture her, when during the battle they could have simply killed her outright and none of us could have stopped them. So they want her alive for some reason, as you have suggested. For Penny's sake, we must hope that this reason gives us time enough to save her."

Carter had given a nod to Iscandor when he'd spoken to him. It was...nice to be preferred. Only Flavien and his group had shown him any level of acceptance in the past. Most other Initiates laughed him off because he wasn't very smart in class, only showing any degree of respect for him in the sparring arenas.

As they all walked he came up alongside Thraah. Sheepishly, as if trying to find the right words and struggling immensely in the effort, he turned his hands one over the other before himself. Then at last he came to say, "Thank you. Going against Flavien felt...scary. And bad. But..." he struggled a bit more here, failing to find a way to adequately express himself, and then simply said, "...Penny."

Thraah Iscandor Karon Livia Quinnick

Thraah smiled half to herself and gave Ox-cart another affirming and friendly punch on the arm.
"No sweat, I get it. Pen-pen is pretty cool."
Thoughts of Maseno threatened to distract her so she didn't follow them just let them slide past her mind.
This was mission time, go time. The Anirball was in play and thinking of the crowd didn't win games.
The goal was Pen-pen.
The play was... well not decided yet.
"Besides, you can do way better with friends than those two."
She was glad Ox-cart had chosen wisely. Living well, doing the right thing even if it is the last thing you do is far better than a lifetime of petty dickery. Which she felt Flavien and Garrett were well on their way towards.
"And when we get back..."
She threw her arm around Ox-cart's massive shoulders and threw her other hand out into the future she was describing.
"... they'll be wishing they stayed with us."
Her laugh, a playful and triumphant noise, exploded from her mouth.
She had overheard what the others said and wasn't pleased. Possible as it was she didn't believe Pen-pen was dead yet. They had time and Ox-cart needed to believe it too.

Kristen Pirian Livia Quinnick Iscandor Karon

• Aww
Livia wasted no time in distributing the packs and leading the group back towards the deserted road that would lead the way to Vel Vera, doing her best to keep level with Kristen enough that she set the pace with her much shorter strides. A hush descended upon the group, the sun warming the backs of their necks as the hours went by. They had wasted time back on the beach, but there was still another hour of sunlight by the time they reached their destination.

Finally, Livia allowed herself the momentary time to pause and stretch her legs.
"I have no idea what the trade port looks like right now... but I think if one of the ships that are in the employ of my family is here, we may have transport..." She inhaled and exhaled deeply, slowly catching her breath. "That does not guarantee us passage, I must warn you all. Making good time with trading is important, and we may be laughed right out of the docks..."

She stood upright now, sighing and shrugging her shoulders. They were going to need something smaller than a trade ship, but if they were desperate enough... Surely she could play the card of being the sister of the current Head of House Quinnick.

"Any other ideas?"

VEL VARA

Like all the major cities within the sphere of the Republic, Vel Vara was an imposing sight, and deftly did it blur the line between fortress and metropolis. Here a city of originally Cortosi origin had long ago switched allegiance, preferring the dominion of Vel Anir to that of Cortos, and it was this place which House Luana called home. Its ports acted as the central hub for all western maritime activities for Vel Anir, but would this grand reputation help the five of them now? Kristen didn't know.

They all passed through the busy gates and took a moment to rest from their hastened journey to the city. Here Livia offered a suggestion.

"Then this shall make for a fine enough place to start," Kristen said, happy and optimistic about the Quinnick-owned ship potentially at the docks, this despite Livia's tempering of expectations. If those sailors should laugh them all off? First, the audacity! Second, some amount of adversity was to be expected with this, so they could just simply move on down the line of available vessels, see who would be willing to make some manner of deal with them.

Any other ideas?

Carter, leaning on Kristen's own earlier suggestion, glanced around to everyone and said with all simple-minded seriousness, "We could steal one." Then with a thoughtful look in Thraah's direction he figured he ought to say it better, "Or...borrow one. Take it, and then bring it back?"

Smiling at Ox-cart's suggestion Thraah nodded and gave him an encouraging wink.
"Yeah I'm so down to "borrow" one if Kay's plan doesn't work."
Her eyes darted to Kristen and she stammered a bit.
"If. I said if. I have total faith in you."
Thraah had not total faith in anyone with the possible exception of Slick Bessley, who, in Thraah's opinion, was greatest Anirball player of their time.
"But whatever the plan, we need to be out of here by nightfall. Lizzie's don't do so well at night. Cold blood and that. So that's when we'll be strongest."
Someone told her that once or maybe she was making it up.

Kristen Pirian Livia Quinnick Iscandor Karon

"Carter, borrowing without asking and then returning is still stealing. While such an act might be necessary, it makes us look kind of terrible at protecting those of Vel Anir, at least in the moment, and public opinion of the Dreadlord Organization and the government that funds it is already low." He'd say, worrying about how the Proctors might react if Initiates just randomly ran off with someone's ship. Turning to look straight ahead at the city in front of him, he would wonder what to do.

We're just initiates, so we don't have the total backing of the Anirian government like our graduated contemporaries, which makes things harder. Hmm, how to go about this sort of thing? Well, we could maybe just buy a ship, some kind of Skiff. Some of the academy's proctors were more than a little imperious and smug towards their students, and Iscandor smiled at the idea of getting them back with a situation that would ultimately leave them both pissed off and at the same time unable to get them in trouble.

"I believe we as initiates aren't government sanctioned, but this mission most likely is. Let's just buy someone's ship with the Academy's money, because I bet that if we reveal we got our asses handed to us by a bunch of "simple" lizards and ultimately failed the mission, we'll never get to go on anything harder than this."

Kristen Pirian Livia Quinnick Thraah

• Popcorn
There was no attempt to hide her eye roll, which she did twice, as Iscandor spoke. They were Initiates first and foremost, there was no way in hell that they would be able to buy a ship. Livia moved onward, forcing the group to continue towards the docks. Her movements were quick, ensuring they keep good time even if some of the group hung back from her fast paced walking. Sure enough, she recognized the flag of a ship that was in the employment of shipping Quinnick products. She came to a pause before it, looking up and shielding her eyes in the fading sunlight.

"I wish to speak to Tallon Dorfaren. I am Livia Quinnick and I need a moment of his time." It was worth a try, one that meant there was no hoops to jump through in order of purchasing a ship, nor the chance they might be caught commandeering a ship. Livia knew each ship paid with coin by the Quinnnicks, the names of each Captain, and what ports they traveled to. Not much changed since her father's death, and she was grateful her oldest brother did not hide the book keeping from her when she asked to see it. Okko probably thought it odd, but Livia liked to know the family fortune was legitimate.

There was some laughter and heads disappearing, and after a few moments Livia thought the captain would not show his face until a newcomer leaned over the side and grinned down at her and the other Initiates.

"Fuck, it is true. That's her alright. Silver ends, just like her brother said she had... what can we do for you, Miss Quinnick?" His accent was... loud. She had no other way in describing it's sound to her ears but she did not dwell on identifying it any longer.

"We need a ship. A member of our group was taken and... we intend on going back for her. Ko told you about me, did he not? That I am to be a Dreadlord one day, and my compass work is quicker than your best compass in your possession. If you cannot help us just this night, then perhaps you can steer us the right way to a ship that can be of assistance to us?" Livia quirked her brow, waiting for an answer as her arms crossed before her chest. She was glad she was somewhat known to Tallon, making it easier for her to ask of this favour.

Tallon stared at her for a moment before drifting his gaze over the others. "We have a schedule to stick to, Miss Quinnick. If you are able to secure a bonus and a fee, then perhaps we may be able to help. Just the night, you say? We are due to sail after dawn once the spices are loaded... but we need to return before then to ensure that the goods are in good quality."

Livia released a small smile, turning to find Kristen and beckoning her forward.
"Then I would like you to meet Kristen Pirian. She is the leader to our group, and once we are moving to our destination, my focus cannot be broken. Any concerns, I have full faith in Pirian's judgement."

It worked, and Liv gave no indication that she was surprised, only that she was glad this opportunity proved fruitful. They had a deadline, of course, but Iscandor better deliver on his promise of wielding the water to allow the ship to sail faster. It was wishful thinking, but she hoped the crew would enjoy such swift sailing they would insist on keeping the water affinity Initiate.

Carter brightened up immediately when Thraah showed her favor of his suggestion. Most of the time even Flavien and the others dismissed what things he had to say out of hand, so he just took naturally to agreeing with whatever things other people said. Iscandor brought a counterbalance, confirming that little nagging feeling Carter himself had that "borrowing" a ship might not be the best idea, and, yeah, maybe Iscandor was ultimately right. Still, Carter was grateful for Thraah not simply dismissing him; he really was trying his best, for Penny's sake.

Kristen likewise agreed with Iscandor's statement that stealing (and perhaps even commandeering) a ship would look terrible, and to her it certainly was a last resort. The suggestion to buy a ship with Academy funds, however? If only they could. "We have not the authority to do such a thing," she said heavily. Even Livia, who had present here in Vel Vara some of her family's personal wealth, might potentially have trouble.

Thraah's faith gave Kristen heart, though. Be it herself, or Livia, or Iscandor, Thraah, even Carter, one among them might be able to convince a captain of the urgent necessity of Penny's peril.

Through Vel Vara they made haste.

This until the smell of the sea greeted them in earnest, until the docks opened up before them, until they were all face-to-face with the man Livia sought: Captain Tallon Dorfaren. Come on, Livia, you can do it! But Captain Dorfaren was not without some resistance to the suddenness of their request. A bonus and a fee, he requested—this not unfair of him to do, for they were asking him and his crew to risk their vessel sailing in dangerous waters.

Then I would like you to meet Kristen Pirian...

Caught a bit by surprise, Kristen nevertheless assumed the grace of a noblewoman and offered a small curtsy before saying, "Good eve to you, Captain Dorfaren; we are well met, though I lament that it could not be under better circumstances. Nevertheless, necessity demands action. Such is the unforeseen and pressing nature of our present plight that none among us have the means for the compensation of which you ask for services rendered. But I, Kristen Lucretia Pirian, give you my word and guarantee, upon the honor of House Pirian, that I shall see you rightly rewarded for the time invested and hazards endured. I have but to write my father, Neil Taeris Pirian, and together between the House of Pirian and the House of Quinnick can a settlement be reached for the benefit of you and your crew. Do you, Captain Dorfaren, find these terms to be acceptable?"

Coin in hand certainly would have been better to offer, but this was the best Kristen could do.

• Dab
Reactions: Thraah
There was a momentary lack of conversation as the Captain turned to meet the gaze of his trusted men, looking down at Pirian and Quinnick after some thought.

"Alright then. I trust your word, Pirian." Dorfaren let out a low whistle and turned to his right. "Throw down the rope and help our guests up to deck, Seamouse." Everyone moved up above on deck, carrying about their business before Livia ad called out for their attention.

Within minutes, they all were stood on the ship and facing Dorfaren, who indeed was shorter than Livia imagined him to be.

Dorfaren approached her, hand extending. "You got that special compass on you, Quinnick? As much as I trust your friend Kristen here, I have heard stories of you and insist on an extra protection for this deal."

Livia quirked a brow, hesitating to move her hand to her pocket. Her word was powerful, but she was known for putting herself first before her remaining family. Her hand disappeared into her pocket and held out the compass, a compact gold piece that opened to reveal a young pearl where North should be, and stained with her blood. Her father had made it, a way for him to always find his favourite child if anything were to happen to his magic, and had been in the middle of creating one for Livia with his blood before she had killed him.

"I thank you for your cooperation, Miss Quinick. Now, all of you, keep out of the way of my crew while we set for sail." He then turned on his heels and moved towards the quarterdeck. "Follow me, Quinnick. Will need your infamous guidance if we are to make good time."

Thraah Iscandor Karon Kristen Pirian

Some things you know when you see them.
Like sacrifice.
Liv was clearly giving up something important to her at this moment and it made Thraah make herself a promise.
Because Liv had no guarantee of getting that... lil disky thing, back and that bothered her.

She kept close to Ox-cart, growing a bit attached to her latest friend.

Iscandor, when she thought about him sent her eyes rolling.
Could he not have taken himself away with Blondie?
And yeah we'll just buy a ship on Academy funds, the same Academy that feeds them slop and takes forever to fix broken windows.
Great plan.
It had not gone unnoticed that against Blondie Iscandor backed down at the last. She wasn't worth such consideration apparently. Typical. Thraah decided then and there that Iscandor was probably from money. They always pulled their punches when against there own.

"Hey Kris." She called over to the defacto leader of their little rebellion.
"How long we got until we get there? I'm not great with time keeping."
This was half true. Thraah did not put much stock in time keeping. She was fully capable of it when she tried.

Livia Quinnick Kristen Pirian Iscandor Karon

• Popcorn
Well, they were finally on the ship. That was good, right? Oh, it was unfortunate they couldn't get back at the proctors by using mission funds, but that was a stupid idea anyway. He extended a hand and tried to focus on the water, planning to help the team speed along to their objective. Still, that didn't mean he couldn't also prepare to fight. Holding out his other hand, a small ball of water would come up from the ocean and begin gathering water. It would be a second until they got there, but it would be fine. All that meant was more time for the cannon-ball sized spear to become something of an icy meteor. Imagining crushing the lizardmen beneath a ball of ice the size of a battleship definitely appealed to some primitive part of him, and he decided to continue this little project until they got there. "This might still be a shitshow even if all goes well, but at least it'll be fun."

He'd say this aloud, not to anyone in particular.

Kristen Pirian Thraah Livia Quinnick

• Gasp
Reactions: Livia Quinnick
Livia was in no position to say much after parting with such a unique item to her, but she also was in no mood to divulge what it meant to the Initiates in her company. With a sulky expression, she followed Dorfaren, but not before she looked each of her colleagues in the eye. They got this far, and it was all the help she could be until they reached the island.

"Oi! You! Whichever one of you that is messing with the tides! Cool it." Came a voice from the crow's nest, he too weaving his hands with the wind. "Work with me here! This ship is an old beauty and if she collapses from the force..." The words were taking up by his conjured wind, and Livia looked down at Iscandor.

"We best listen to them, Iscandor. We will make good time, do not worry!" She did her best to keep the worry from her voice, but her hand subtly scratched at her pocket hidden into the light leather armour she wore, already missing the thing taken from her.

"Take us... northwest."

Dorfaren made the necessary preparations to send the ship away from the docks after they all found their way on deck, and by the time she called the direction, he called out instructions for his crew, who did not need to be told twice.

Only when Dorfaren abandoned the wheel did Livia feel comfortable enough to regroup with the other Initiates.
"Keep a good speed, Iscandor. Play nice with their wind wielder, but do try to get us there as quickly as we can. I will let you know when to change cours-- uh, currents."