Fable - Ask For the Children...

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
He took a seconed to think her question, "Yes and no" he would answer before explaining further "I do feel at ease with must people but I am here out of duty rather that of want." parties and galas weren't his thing, they were just as much about politics as they were anything else, they were display of wealth and power to gain and show prestige. Marcus wasn't one for gradious displays that project ideas he preferred real things that show it.

"I'd rather hear about about this blueprint of yours, what are you designing? ofcourse if you don't mind sharing." he didn't want to pressure into sharing he knew some where protectiveof their work and didn't want o be stolen or copied, he had only just met her so she had no reason to trust him with confidential information.

Jiya Luana

Kailani returned Logan's hug without hesitation. They had not been this close in a long time and the memories came rushing back. She took a deep breath in like he would disappear as soon as she stepped away from his embrace. He was strong and hard with the scent of rose and sandalwood that she only associated with him.

She could have stayed in his arms all night and she would not have cared what the other nobles had to say but too soon he had pulled back from her.

He had not stopped touching her though. No, he still rested his hands on her shoulders and she relished it while it lasted.

"I am well, Logan. I have to admit that I am surprised to see you here. I know events like this are not really your thing," she smirked at him. It was conspiratorial smirk that spoke of past conversations. Their past conversations by many a fire.

"I was afraid my last letter may not have found its way to you but, perhaps, you were just too busy being a great leader to write me back." She smiled warmly at him. She knew he was busy but that would not stop her from giving him shit.

Logan Banick

• Bless
Reactions: Logan Banick
I know events like this are not really your thing.

There was a great deal of truth to this. When he was younger, of course, he'd attended a large number of social events (his father Theodore was rather much a social butterfly in his better years) and had flourished in them. Since his enlistment into the Guard and his continuing service therein, it was not uncharitable to say that his "gala muscle" had atrophied to a certain degree. The lavish setting and gala-goers in their finery weren't entirely foreign to him, and he'd little doubt he would familiarize himself with these environs again before the night was done, yet still...he had become quite accustomed the rugged life of the North.

"My apologies, Kailani, for any wayward couriers," he said, good-natured. He was aware of her mild teasing, and took it in effortless stride.

"Come." He offered his arm and a smile. "Might we go and procure some refreshments, and then regale one another on how we two of the North happened to decide upon this particular gala out of all of them."

Because fate, it seemed, had a peculiar way of sometimes entwining two individuals together, paths crossing often on a shared journey.

Kailani Tal'deneshaar

• Aww
Reactions: Kailani Anela
Kailani did not hesitate when Logan offered his arm to her. She was afraid to hesitate. She was afraid he would disappear if she was not touching him. Two years.

"Yes, I think that is a wonderful idea. We have lived so close together for so long yet we have to come South to set our eyes on one another again."

As they started to walk, she could only think about how nice this was. Being on his arm instead of working so hard to hide anything beyond their superior and subordinate relationship was nice. It was so nice that she seemed to forget that she was usually on someone else's arm. Kailani chastised herself and promised that she would tell him. At some point.

After procuring their refreshments, Kailani pointed out the door that would lead to the gardens where they could have some privacy and enjoy the view.

"Tell me how you have been, Logan!" Kailani prompted as soon as they had taken a seat.

Logan Banick

Kavaros would keep up his walk along the outskirts of the party, his gaze shifting amongst the various nobles as he tried to commit Houses and names to memory. That way, he at least wouldn't look like a total fool by saying he had no idea who they were.

To make things worse, Drastus was even more late then he expected. He came to a stop in one corner, his gaze flicking back to his sister and Logan. Gods she was in a bad way.

Continuing on, he would make his way to secondary bar, they had two, of course they did. The waiter would smile at him.

"Good evening sir, what can I get for you?"

Kav would look at the selection. Most of it was wine, disgusting. But everything else, he had no idea what it even was. "Uhh.. strongest beverage, no wine."

"Of course, sir." He would pause to fill a small glass with an amber colored liquid before offering it to the young Lord. "Here you are."

"My thanks." Kavaros would say warmly before sliding a tip over to the waiter. Stepping away he would take a sip.. strong, much better than the wine. This was at least drinkable.

People watching re-commence.

• Yay
Logan partook of the soft punch, leaving the spirits to the other gala-goers. Oftentimes his sobriety got questioning, even suspicious, commentary from those around him—doubly so in the Guard. 'Twas a simple fact of the matter: he simply did not enjoy the feeling of intoxication. Perhaps he could as well put forward discussions on responsibility, of whether one truly liked doing something if they could take no joy in the activity whilst sober, the awful hangovers which chased after a night of flowing wine. But no. At base, it was as simple as that.

Outside and underneath the garden pavilion, Logan settled into his seat. There was something about the soft glow of the firelights in the serene twilight that reflected wonderfully off of Kailani's countenance. The transformation was breathtaking, all things considered. Had he not seen another side of her, the one who served in the Guard and still so as a Ranger? The one which had been covered in grime and blood on a river bank not far from the Marjeune Bridge? Yet here she was now, Kailani Tal'deneshaar, the very picture of elegance and beauty.

Logan, with something a little knowing smile as he thought, had to wonder how much he "cleaned up" wearing this finery and not armor. Mayhap his hair could do with a trim. Never was it enough for Theodore though, who scowled at anything but short and immaculately trimmed hair for men.

Tell me how you have been, Logan!

"I've enjoyed a brief spell of peace in the North. Certainly you must have noticed as well," he said. "As the Republic has settled in, my duties have been thoroughly defensive in nature. I suspect that could change within short notice, but, as it lasts, I'll take what opportunities arise to engage in other affairs."

He spread his hands.

"Hence, even a gala held in Vel Anir itself was not out of reach." He laughed. "I suppose we shall have to attribute Mina's invitation finding me and the wayward fate of your most recent letter as a conspiring of luck against our meeting! Still, Lady Luck's best efforts proved to be for naught." Logan took a drink of the punch and set the glass back down. "And so here I am. Reconnecting with family and friends. Kress, seeing with my own eyes what changes the Revolution has wrought!"

He hadn't seen much, and in fact had departed from the city soon after the fighting was done and the devastation still littering the streets. It was perhaps a story for another time, but he'd convinced his father Theodore to stand House Banick down—what a woeful day which might have come had he not, a fate House Sirl was living through at present.

There was the topic he wanted to speak with Kai about, but presently he would enjoy the pleasantries and the simple pleasure of her company after a couple of years spent apart.

"And, of course, defying destiny and chancing across a woman to whom I owe much and of whom my fondness has not dimmed in the slightest."

He smiled warmly.

"And of you, Kai? How have you fared? Tell me and I shall count it as a blessing that your letter went astray, such that I could hear it from you in person."

* * * * *​

Everyone here tonight had plans, didn't they? Some of them might even had something to do with a bunch of commonblood orphans, the verminous riff-raff.

Garron, of course, had a tidy little plan of his own. One Walter wanted no part of. Such a strange thing, that. Despite some of his more bold powerplays in recent times down in Ostia Anir, Walter had gone soft in other ways. He seemed to have forgotten that, Republic or no Republic, there was still a great game to be played.

Oh yes.

And who didn't adore a good encore?

Kailani Tal'deneshaar

Mina had decided that it was time for a short break and the back bar was the perfect place. It was further to walk so it was less crowded and that was what she wanted. The bartender just smiled and passed a glass of amber liquid across the bar to the hostess. She thanked him and picked up the glass as she turned to lean against the bar so she could watch her guests mingle.

She downed the drink in record time and slid the glass back over the bar to the bartender. Okay, back to being social, she thought as she sighed softly. It was not that she did not love this shit - because she did - but she had forgotten how exhausting it all was. She would definitely be finishing that bottle once everyone had taken their leave.

Her blue eyes fell on a young man that she felt like she knew even though they had never met. He looked like his twin even though Kailani would argue the fact that she was much better looking than him. Mina pushed from the bar and made the short journey to Kavaros Tal'deneshaar.

"I know you are a Tal'deneshaar and you look just like Kailani so I am going with Kavaros?" It was a question that she already knew the answer to and the smirk on her face told him that. "I am honored that you both have attended my little party. Are you enjoying yourself?"

Kavaros Tal'deneshaar

Had he not had such reactions trained out of him, Kavaros might have jumped out of his skin at the sudden arrival of another. Thankfully, he didn't. He just turned to her and offered a smile. "Hopefully I will be more than just 'Kailani's twin'." He laughed. "Indeed I am, Kavaros. And you must be the hostess, Mina Pirian."

At her question, he would be surveying the crowd briefly. "Well.. I'm more used to fighting." He would say with an honest look. "Our older brother is dealing with a betrothal in the east.. so he sent me to this in his stead. He was far better at social gatherings." He offered with a shrug. It was a very roundabout way to not answer a question.

"I'm glad that Drastus and our House were able to aid Kristen and Fyris with the issues in Vel Numera. It was good to see a Tal'deneshaar and a Pirian working together."

Mina Pirian

"I am sure you will but I do not know you so Kailani's twin will have to do for now," Mina replied to his first comment and then bowed her head with a smile at his second. "I am indeed," she smiled at him again.

Kavaros may be more used to fighting but he was certainly taught the diplomatic skill of dancing around a question. All the Nobles were experts at it and, while Mina was also an expert, she hated it. Just say what you mean and deal with the results. It was one thing she did not care for at events such as this but, alas, it was the life she had signed up for.

Mina did not know much about the issue that he referred to. She just knew that they had helped and they were an ally. That was all she needed in order to invite them here tonight. She also loved Kai so it was only proper to send several invitations for the large family.

"Yes, it is," she said simply. "I am glad everything was resolved and that our families are allies. It is always a good thing to have people by your sides that you trust."

She said the words but she did not trust many people at all. It was something left over from the old Vel Anir and the Noble games that were played for years.

Kavaros Tal'deneshaar

Logan may wonder how well he cleaned up but Kailani did not need to wonder. She had barely taken her eyes off of him since he had walked into the ballroom this evening. He was her Logan but with the layer of dirt that usually clung to his hair and under his nails gone. Granted, it was gone from her as well. They had rarely had downtime when she was in the Guard with him so the time it took to scrub ones nails usually fell through the cracks. Sleep was more important. He was gorgeous either way, of course.

She took a sip from her drink as he spoke. She had, indeed, noticed the relative quietness up North and she had both enjoyed it and hated it at the same time. Being able to attend this gala was definitely on the enjoyment side of the list.

"Vel Anir has certainly changed. It is strange. I have not been here in so long and then to come back to it in this new state," she paused and took another drink, "it does not feel like the same city. Which, I suppose, is a good thing in some ways," she finished.

"And, of course, defying destiny and chancing across a woman to whom I owe much and of whom my fondness has not dimmed in the slightest."

Kailani felt the heat rise in her dark cheeks at his words. His fondness had not dimmed in the slightest and now he was not her superior. Her mind seemed to forget about anything else as she reached out and took his hand in her own. She had missed him something terrible.

"I have been well. I have been working as a Ranger, as you know, and that is really about it. My life is not full of constant adventure like it once was with you," she smiled sweetly. "And the Guard," she very quickly added on before it seemed like she meant anything else.

There was something she had to tell him but she could not seem to think about it as she smiled at him, held his hand, and sipped her drink.

"I missed you so very much, Logan..."

Logan Banick

• Bless
There were a great many things, simple things, which held tremendous weight in life. Touch. The pure, subtle majesty of touch, the human connection it fostered. As Logan held Kailani's hand he was naught but pleased, satisfied, for all the world could come to ruin and so long as their grasp held he would be content.

In some ways, these thoughts were surprising. In some ways they were not. It wasn't clear what they were to each other. But what was crystal was that they were close. Two moments solidified this: one perilous, one passionate.

"A parting brings to light what the heart holds dear," Logan said.

Kress, he enjoyed the sight of her smile.

And then he suggested, leaning in a touch closer. "Our world of Vel Anir has changed now. We needn't be so far apart, Kai."

Kailani Tal'deneshaar

Kailani was afraid if she let his hand go, he would disappear. All the glances they shared as he held her secret and her heart in his own. They had been there and then they had been gone just as fast. She had been called home and he had been sent to fight. She had wanted nothing more than to be with him on the frontlines and she had waited anxiously for his first letter just so she knew he had survived.

She was a warrior. She was not built for sitting in the room and waiting. She could not bring herself to do anything else until she received that word though.

Her lips quirked into a bigger smile at his words. Yes, she did hold him dear. Kailani wondered if he understood how much and if he felt the same.

"Our world of Vel Anir has changed now. We needn't be so far apart, Kai."

The Rangers heart leapt at his words. We needn't be so far apart, Kai. Those were words she longed to hear for so long but she had not let herself hope.

"Logan, I am not joining the Guard again," her smile had gone from happy to a little sad. "I have grown quite used to not wearing a uniform anymore. They never looked as good on me as they do you..." She was trying to lighten the mood surrounding her assertion that she would never join the Guard.

Logan Banick

• Yay
"Perhaps...you need not," Logan said. He'd paused right after saying perhaps to have a brief and "casual" look about their surroundings in the garden. There were others, of course, not too close but not too far, sitting at other tables or standing leisurely by hedges or the pillars of the pavilion, nobles all from the look of them. None of the officers of the Guard, so far as Logan could see.

But of course, it wasn't only officers of the Guard that he (and Kailani more so) needed to worry about. Any stray ear which was tuned more or less to their conversation could be dangerous. They'd spoken of the many changes that had come to their homeland of Vel Anir but there was one enormous, glaring thing which stayed cemented in Anirian society.

The Academy. The Dreadlords. The weaponization of magic. Concealing it remained tantamount to treason.

So Logan stood. He picked up his chair and rounded the table and placed it directly beside Kai's and sat next to her. He lifted an arm and draped it down on her shoulders. In a matter of this magnitude, it was best for even mildly curious eyes to take one glance and to assume of them what that draped arm suggested, rather than the subject he truly wished to broach, and upon dismissing their interest let the winds of the gala take them elsewhere, leaving Logan and Kai be.

This part he whispered into her ear, taking no chances: "Your powers are astonishing, and to them I owe a great deal."

He pulled back some to look her in the eyes now. He needn't be so conspiratorial with what came next.

"My station now as a Knight has affords me certain leeway and the company of men to whom I would entrust my lives, and they as well to me. No longer am I part of a regular Guardsmen unit."

A light sigh through his nose.

"Mayhap it is selfish of me to ask, such peril would you be placed in, yet I am compelled." For how many reasons, Logan? He put aside that thought, and put forth his suggestion:

"I believe it may be possible for you to accompany my banner of Knights as an outside party. A contractor, one might say."

Kailani Tal'deneshaar

"Perhaps...you need not."

Kailani watched Logan look around like he was about to share some secret with her. A single brow rose as he stood and moved his chair closer to her. She did not mind in the slightest, but she had a feeling that he was not getting close because he wanted to be nearer to her.

Then Logan draped an arm around her shoulders and she tensed for only a moment before relaxing into his hold. It was nice.

The whisper in her ear caused chills to flow through her body. Yes, he did owe her powers a great deal…more accurately his life. She would never hold that against him though. She had saved him willingly and she thanked the gods everyday that he held her secret.

Kailani smiled at his words. She was proud of him for getting his own unit and being more independent. He deserved it. She was not really sure why he was acting all secretive though.

And then the world seemed to shrink around her and blur.

"Mayhap it is selfish of me to ask, such peril would you be placed in, yet I am compelled. I believe it may be possible for you to accompany my banner of Knights as an outside party. A contractor, one might say."

Her eyes snapped up to meet his without a word. She was still putting his own words together in her head.

He wanted her to come accompany him and his men. He wanted her near him.

“Yes…”

It was probably something that anyone else would have needed to sleep on but Kailani was not anyone else.

Logan Banick

• Bless
Drastus cursed as he ran through some of the various yards and gardens. He. Was. Late. Very late. Why? Well.. she kept him busy and he.. wasn't very sorry.

Peace, calm, all the things this particular night was for Kailani and Logan. That was going to be interrupted by a possibly familiar face.

Drast pulled himself up and over the garden walls and fell ever so graciously, crashing into a table just across from where Kailani and Logan were sitting. "Ah ffuu--!" He cursed as he hit the deck, and after a few seconds he pushed himself up. "Ohh.. shit..."

Kailani Tal'deneshaar Logan Banick

• Wonder
Logan was thrilled to hear her answer, yet worried all the same. It was an idea he had had (mayhap a selfish one, as he said), this business of her being a contractor, one that played out perfectly well in the optimism of his mind. Yet he retained the awareness that something could go wrong; a sole set of wandering eyes and a gossiping tongue was enough to put Kai, himself, and his whole banner of Knights in grave peril. In some ways, the greatest enemy they would face in this arrangement wouldn't be the actual enemies of the North, but their own people.

(But it's worth everything, isn't it?)

Logan nodded, his smile coming through despite his internal concern. "You never disappoint, Kai. Mayhap we could take the remainder of the evening to discuss it more thoroughly, for it is—"

There came a crash and a blur of a motion and Logan suffered the pain of breaking his gaze into Kailani's hazel eyes. A few gasps and yelps of shock from some of the other nobility in the garden pavilion as well, as it turned out to be a younger man of...oh, by the whimsy of Lady Luck, could that be who Logan thought it to be? He'd not had the opportunity to yet meet Drastus Tal'deneshaar in person, but from Kailani he had heard a fair deal, and his most distinct features set him apart.

"Kai, I present to you, your esteemed brother," he said with a sweep of his hand, making light of the small ordeal.

Kailani Tal'deneshaar Drastus Tal'deneshaar

Kailani was pretty sure that she was still smiling like an idiot at Logan when a crash at the table near them caught her attention. She looked over as some of the other guests cursed and moved away from the commotion. She was ready to do the same when she saw who the young man was.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar. Her younger brother.

There was no mistaking he was a Tal'deneshaar and no mistaking he was Drastus due to the scarring on his face. She glared at Logan for a second as he swept his hand towards her brother and then she turned her glare on Drastus.

Sure, she wanted to see her brother but now he had made a fool out of himself and she really wished she was not the first sibling to see him. Let Kav deal with him.

"Drastus..."

Kailani said slowly and pulled her hand from Logans before standing up gracefully and walking towards the boy.

Logan Banick Drastus Tal'deneshaar

Drast looked to Logan, then to Kailani, noting the held hands and a look of confusion settled on his face. "So uhh.. what's all this, Kai? Kav told me about you and Torvald when I was last home. Actually, I don't want to know, like at all." He would say with both hands raised before he got up to his full height.

His gaze shifted to Logan. "Hey, Lord Beard Guy." He offered a two fingered salute. If they were here, they had to have been a lord. "I uhh like the overall motif." He said gesturing to the outfit.

Drast himself was clad in light gray pants, light gray button-up shirt, and a sky blue vest. Both the pants and shirt had streaks of silver thread in them to give his clothing a shiny look.

Once more his gaze shifted to his sister and he tsked. "Not even representing the House? For shame." He teased before crossing his arms. To him, it was always weird seeing his siblings after so long of not, especially when facts didn't seem to match up and he seemed to have interrupted a moment. It was now dawning on him that he had been. Between the hands, the locale, the seclusion. "So uhh.. you two, eh?" He asked with a grin.

Oh yeah, pull it back, Drast.

Kailani Tal'deneshaar Logan Banick

• Cthuloo
Logan did keep in the forefront of mind that he needed to exercise caution, especially with the true subject matter he and Kailani were discussing. He knew some, but not all, of the inner workings of the Tal'deneshaar family. Kailani would be the sole arbiter of whether or not it was appropriate to speak of her magic and to whom, for it was she who was burdened with the greatest peril in the keeping of that secret.

A balance, then. To mind his tongue, but to not appear overly reticent.

I uhh like the overall motif.

"And to you, as well. You look extraordinary, young Lord Tal'deneshaar."

So uhh.. you two, eh?

"Kailani and I were discussing days of old," Logan said, smiling.

He stood from his seat, straightening out his coat, and then he rounded the table. He approached Drastus with a hand outstretched for him to shake.

"May we be introduced? I am Sir Logan Banick, but it would please me greatly if I may be simply Logan to you."

Drastus Tal'deneshaar Kailani Tal'deneshaar

Kai was impressed with Logan's composure and the fact that he gave her a few extra moments of contemplating instead of just slapping her younger brother like she felt like doing. She had not even seen him in nice years and he decided that being an immature child was the right approach. It reminded Kai of one of the reasons she did not want a child right now. She did not have the patience for this shit.

"Kavaros is here and he is representing the family. I am here as a friend of the hostess. You know they make front doors for a reason?"

There was nothing kind or loving in her tone. She barely remembered him and now he had irritated her.

What a lovely reunion this was. At least her one with Logan had been amazing.

Last edited:
  • Cthuloo
Drast would give his sister a look of 'oh really' as she gave him some attitude. She claimed to be there for a friend, but based on appearances and his knowledge of the initial encounter, she was here for herself.

He would then regard Logan, waiting to respond until after he introduced himself. "Oh yeah, discussing days of old requires hand holding." He said with a playful grin. "Oh, please feel free to save the polished language. You don't have the appearance of a politician and only thing noble about me, is my blood." Drast would take his hand firmly. "Absolutely, Logan Banick.. by all means then, call me Drast."

Banick? His sister was getting friendly with a Banick?! Weren't they enemies of Pirian and by default enemies of Tal'deneshaar? Gods the new Republic was a weird place. At least.. this Banick had a personality. He glanced at his sister. "Yeah.. doesn't mean you have to use them. I've made a reputation of avoiding them, I'd like to maintain that, thank you."

"So, Logan.."
he would drop the last name, as requested. ".. It looks like you two knew each other before this, so how did you all meet? Been awhile for awhile, so kind of outta the loop.." He added with a laugh. ".. or Kai can tell me."

Logan Banick Kailani Tal'deneshaar

• Cthuloo
By all means then, call me Drast.

"Very well, Drast."

He had a mischievous grin, Drast did. A troublemaker's grin. Yet many a great man had in their youth been of a rambunctious lot, and certainly it had not proven to be an impediment to the feats they had gone on to achieve. Drastus was Kai's brother who had been taken to the Academy—yes, he did believe he remembered that correctly. And if anything engendered a personality that was direct and forward, it was the Academy (Logan himself hadn't ever seen his niece Ralene, but imagined it was much the same for her now). He had to take that into account.

Made a reputation of avoiding his family. A curious thing to note. And one, Logan had to admit, applied in some significant measure to himself. Maybe not by intention, but certainly as a byproduct of his service.

"We were in the Guard together for a time, assigned to the same unit in the Army of the North," he said. "Ours was a duration of service which saw seldom lulls in combat. Hence, the closeness we share, born of the ageless bond of arms and trust."

Drastus Tal'deneshaar Kailani Tal'deneshaar

Kailani crossed her arms over her chest as her brother spoke and asked Logan how they met. Yes, serving together made them close but her saving his life was what made them even closer. What led to this moment now. The catching up while holding hands.

"Yes and we have not seen each other in two years. Neither of us expected to see the other here tonight," she took her eyes off her brother for a moment to smile at Logan.

"Now...why are you so late, Drastus Rorik Weregild Tal'deneshaar? Kavaros is going to beat you!"

She finally stepped forward and tentatively pulled her big younger brother into a hug. It had been so long. So very long. It still felt awkward though.

• Yay
"Oh yeah, I hold hands with everyone I've fought beside. Edric, Ralene, Davi requires me to hold a paw. Its. A good time." He looks around conspiratorially. "Dont tell Ventress, it'll be a scandal." It was cute when they thought he was dumb. Then his sister went and did something stupid. Something she had zero right to do.

"Ahh, yeah, no. You have no right to use the full name, Bebínn." He chided as she pulled him into the weirdest hug possible. He even stuck his butt out. Nine years and she jumped the gun immensely, as if he were doing something scandalous.

"As for being late, I am at the Academy and they basically own me. So like... super busy. Lobby all complaints with Proctor Vernon." He wasn't the reason, but they didn't need to know about Kristen. "But uhh, I'll let you guys get back to whatever secret mood stuff ya got going on." He would say as he broke off the hug. "Gonna say hi to Kav, then swing by the stables and pick up Wilbur."

"Maybe do some dancing on the way, but then I gotta get back or else Vernon will try to touch my butt or something again. Keeps trying to steal my weekends."
He would grin at Logan. "Sir Logan of the slick beard. A pleasure." He looked to Kai. "Bebinn, maybe try to be home when I visit again, yeah?"

Logan Banick Kailani Tal'deneshaar

• Yay
Logan watched the young Initiate go, eyes trailing after him for a moment. Then, standing beside Kai as he was, he leaned to her, channeled a bit of that particular (though inadvertent) mirth Olvir Weiroon had used, and said, "I think that went rather well."

A sidelong, knowing glance, and a playful smile making light of the whole ordeal. It had been all too evident that there were some tensions within the Tal'deneshaar family, at least between Drastus and Kailani. Yet, were there not tensions within his own House of Banick? The carriage ride with Garron and Walter had been evidence enough that Logan had not left every notion of battle in the North.

Some fires need not be fanned, for they could rage well enough on their own. Hence his brief levity.

Then he said, "What say you, Kai, to tracking down Mina, pledging what we can to her cause, and embracing what remains of the evening to talk further?"

Elsewhere, though it need hardly be said. Elsewhere that provided enough secrecy for them to lay out in full the arrangement Logan had presented, and to give each concern thereof its proper due, without censor and without reservation.

Kailani Tal'deneshaar Drastus Tal'deneshaar