Fable - Ask For the Children...

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
Kailani glared after her brother and then looked at Logan with exasperation.

"Yes, let's go find her. I only spoke to her briefly," she smiled at Logan before the two headed back into the ballroom.

"Was I that annoying when you met me?" Kai asked as they walked to meet with Mina. She had been only a little older than her brother when she joined the Guard. If she had been, she was surprised that no one tried to kill her.

It was not very long before the two of them had greeted Mina, pledged a good amount of coin towards the cause, and then disappeared to finish their discussion in private.

Logan Banick

• Bless
Reactions: Logan Banick
Mina excused herself from speaking with Kavaros when she saw that Jiya Luana was finally free. The head of the Luana House had donated one of her inventions to the auction and no one could figure out how the thing worked. The auctioneer had asked Mina to find out how it worked before the auction started so he could demonstrate it.

Now that she had made her rounds and Jiya was free, she made her way over to the woman. She did not know her well at all because of their age difference and the fact that Jiya had been at Elbion for years but that did not stop the friendly smile.

"Lady Luana, I was hoping you could come with me and show me how your generous donation works. The poor auctioneer cannot figure it out and I do not want to break it with my clumsiness."

Jiya Luana Logan Banick

Jiya's lips curved slightly.

"It's a little hard to explain, but I'm rather hoping it will be useful for the navy against pirates. So a Dreadlord doesn't have to be on every ship," at the moment they were having to stretch what ones they had left thin when important trade vessels went out. If her experiments went right however... well the risk of the ship being taken would be a lot less.

"You see it-" Jiya's sentence died on her tongue when her eyes landed on the ghostly figure of Kasim Virak. Wasn't he... dead? A million questions rose to the forefront of her mind and she found herself almost completely forgetting the occasion in which they were in. "If you would just excuse me, sorry," she murmured and went to step away when the young lady of the hour halted her from getting much further.

"Hm? Oh, the lantern," it was such a simple thing really she didn't think much of it anymore. It had taken the servants in her household a while to get used to them however. "Of course. It's quite simple it just looks more complicated than it is."

"The navy?" he asked out of curiosity, he did enjoy speaking to experts in their field, those truly passionate about what do, to yield the floor to them and to support them energetically so each could fulfil their potential. he could see the potential in the lady Luana and would be happy to help her.

Marcus followed her line sight when she interrupted herself, looking at the man he saw someone familiar though he didn't recognise him, that nagging thought pulled at him, he had seen a similar face before but when and where were escaping him. wasn't long before his attention changed to the voice that had interrupted Jiya's movement towards the man, their host Mina Pirian.

"You have entered one of your inventions into the auction?" he asked in slight surprise, this item now had captured his attention and would happily bid for it.

Last edited:
"A lantern, apparently," Mina said in response to Marcus' question. "The auction will be starting soon, I do hope you are able to win something." Mina nodded in Marcus' direction and then turned her attention fully to Jiya.

"Only an inventor says it is easier than it looks," she chuckled out at Jiya's words. Of course the inventor would say it was simple.

The pair walked left the ballroom and took a short trip down a surprisingly simple and clean hallway. It was only a minute later that the women walked into a room that was full of the treasures that had been donated for the gala.

The room was as simple as the hallway had been. This was clearly part of the house that was more used for the backend of the Pirian Household. This section of the house also had a back entrance and exit for staff, waiters, and caterers. It was very nice for events like this.

Mina scanned the tables of items until she saw the lantern. "There it is!" She said and headed towards the table so Jiya could show her.

Jiya Luana Logan Banick

• Yay
Reactions: VigiloConfido
A man approached Garron Banick. Ostensibly he was another gala-goer, part of one of the many retinues or among the many retainers present. The party in the ballroom continued around them.

"Have you met the hostess yet, Lord Banick? What do you think of her?" said the man.

Garron smirked, took a sip of his wine, and said the word. "Charming."

The man smiled politely and nodded.

And then he departed.

* * * * *​

Charming.

That was the command from his benefactor, passed to him through his handler. That was the command to set the plot in motion. That was the command to kidnap both the head of House Luana and the Hostess of this very gala.

Ulren Varchek didn't need to know why. In fact, it was preferable that he didn't know anything other than what he strictly needed to know. It was a hard facet of his line of work, that you couldn't tell what you didn't know. Not even the best magic or most horrific torture in the world could extract the real truth from him, because he didn't have it.

All the better. He didn't care about the inner workings of Anirian politics. His work as an asset paid well. Period. And after tonight's task was done, he would go back home and kiss his wife good morning and wake their daughter and make her favorite breakfast, scrambled eggs with pepper, as if nothing at all extraordinary had happened during the night. Although it remained his great and quiet fear that his daughter would catch onto the pattern, that she'd figure out that every time she got scrambled eggs with pepper, her daddy had hurt or killed someone to get it.

Worries for later.

It was go time.

Ulren and his team had staged themselves by the back entrance, and things couldn't have worked out more perfectly. Both of their targets had come of their own free will to the room just beyond the back entrance, the one holding the donations and the lantern (of disputed complexity).

The door burst open. Ulren and nearly a dozen armed, equipped, masked men stormed inside with shocking violence of action. They fell upon Mina Pirian and Jiya Luana, subduing them easily, binding them and extracting them from the premises. As quickly as they had stormed in, they flooded out, Ulren the last to exit and closing the door behind himself.

Just outside the back entrance door, in the courtyard, there was the slain body of a Pirian House guard. And there was one last thing Ulren was instructed to do.

He clapped a hand onto the shoulder of one of his own men. The youngest man of the lot, as it so happened. Mirhem, was his name.

"Good work."

"Th—"

And Ulren stabbed him, saw the look of shock in his eyes before the light of life went out, and he laid him out beside the body of the Pirian guard as if they'd fought one another and perished together. Ulren took something out of his own pocket and stuffed it into Mirhem's pocket. Something that would be found on his person when inevitably his body was searched.

A blue handkerchief with gold trim.

With that, Ulren and his team fled into the night, their captives secure.

Mina Pirian Jiya Luana

Drast had had his fun messing with his sister, passed some information onto his brother, and his brother had gone to the stables. Now what else was a young guy supposed to do in a Pirian house? Explore. And so he did.

Sneaking through the crowd, he overheard Mina and some other chick talking inventions or prizes or whatever. He just heard one word: takeables. For the children? Screw them kids. A gutter was better than being turned into a murderer.

So the ladies snuck down a hallway and he followed at a distance. "Saucy minxes.. gods I hope this leads to treasure and not some peep show.." he mused to himself as they disappeared into a room.

He kept up his pursuit pausing at a rather ornate vase on a podium of sorts as one of the help walked by. "Oh my, how do they get those lines, mhmm." He mused aloud.

"Indeed, sir." The staff member responded as he shuffled past and into where the gala was.

Something sounding like a door kicked open and it took a moment for Drast to realize it came from.. behind him? His magick swirled in his hand as he darted into the room...

Empty. Those damn saucy minxes. Must have had a secret door. But hey, treasures. He grinned to himself as he approached the lantern, drawn by its.. unique look. "Well... tonight wasn't a total bust." He removed a few gold and set it where the lantern sat and strolled for that back door with no cares in the world.

The door opened and stopped, as if something was behind it. Odd. He had enough space to squeeze out and saw a body getting smacked in the head by the door. He had a goofy looking handkerchief in his hand and Drast cursed. "Gods.. what an asshole. Couldn't drop two feet to the right? I'm glad you're dead.."

He then noticed the dead Pirian guard and the wheels started to turn. "Ah, fuck." He was not going to deal with this. He cupped his hand and yelled out. "Oh shit! They got Wil!" In a distorted version of his own voice and bounced.

He would melt into the night, clutching his lantern with pride as he walked. Unseen and undetected. "Sorry, Kris. I totally watched your cousin get took... dammit.. that will not go over well."

/thread exit