Dreadlords Dance for all that we've been through

Threads open to all members of the Dreadlords group
Thraah looked at Zaire and thought about it.
She knew there was diminished returns from bullying but she wondered if this well was tapped already.
Then, mid chomp of another piece of cake, she had an astoundingly wicked idea.
"Oh, covv omn Svash."
She drained her drink into her mouth and swallowed the wet sog of cake matter.
"You gotta have more fight in you than that ya big weenee. Get up. Go ruin Blondie's night. I know you can."
Dropping her cup onto the floor without a care she wiped her crumby fingers onto her dress. The stain there showed it had been done a few times before.
"Pants him in front of everyone. You know he deserves it!"
She got close, right into Zaire's personal space and let her cake breath out in a loud burp.
"Or you can stay here and hang with me. Your choice bud."
Thraah put her heart and soul into that burp and was so proud she was practically beaming.

Zaire

He had heard this one before. Of course, everyone wanted to be like him because he was perfect, but obviously, they could not all be like him because then he would not be perfect. He would be basic.

Rowley feigned hurt over the distraction comment but quickly shrugged that away with a smile.

"I can help with the forget part. That is easy."

All they needed is a few more drinks, some dancing, and maybe someone even had some drugs here. His frost venom supplier had not come to the dance because the guy was a loser...Speaking of which, where was Zaire.

Livia Quinnick

Aaaaand he'd pissed her off. Perfect.

As the dance progressed, his cheeks flashed red once more, though this time not as pronounced as during the first time. Both the Urahil twins had somewhat of a temper, something he was acutely aware of, and while he didn't mind it too much when Leander was enraged - indeed, sometimes he even encouraged it - Odessa being annoyed with him was something that made him much more uncomfortable, especially this night.

He reciprocated her smile with one of his own, and then let her lead the dance, for the rest of the song. This was something which he would never have allowed to any other girl, but again, there was something about his date that really made him want to have her happy, rather than protecting his own ego at her expense.

- "O-okay?" - His tone hinted rather perceptibly that he had his doubts about the 'it's nothing' his partner had just uttered, but he decided instead not to press the matter. As the first song came to a close, he shifted slightly off-pace, taking the lead once more as the next tune came into the fore.

The mention of Leander did have him raise his brow at her. Kress, was he that dull that she wanted to talk about her brother during prom?

- "Leander's always pissed at something." - He remarked casually, with a shrug. Again, as far as Ivan was concerned, both the Urahil twins had a fairly pronounced temper, so both of them being annoyed at something, at the same time, was not exactly a surprise for him. As for Leander being angry with him, he found it rather unlikely. - "He's probably just mad at his date." - He offered. Ivan had told Leander that Ms. Cheese-Wheel with the yellow dress wasn't a good choice, but apparently to no avail.

- "He should've invited Natasha." - She was definitely better looking, even if a bit flat across the chest.

He shook his head.

- "But you know what? Fuck them." - Another shrug rolled over his shoulders. - "Leander, Natasha, Yellow-what's-her-face, the Falwood, the lot of'em." - He offered her a smile as he led the dance. - "They can wait until tomorrow. Let's not worry about any of it for tonight." -

He paused for a few seconds, enjoying the moment. The slow dance, the two of them on the floor together, the way the light of the chandelier reflected on the crystals of Odessa's dress as she moved... it all seemed so perfect.

- "You really do look beautiful." -

Kress, she was so annoying sometimes, wasn’t she? Zaire didn’t get along with a lot of the other initiates. Too many were high-strung, too many were crazy and thought of nothing but killing, and way too many were annoying. Always poking and prodding and trying to get Zaire to react to them.

As if you know anything! Maybe I’m happy for them, you don’t know how I feel. No one knows how I feel!” Zaire said suddenly, his hands in fists and he glared at her. She was eye level. A rarity since he was ten years old. “Don’t tell me what to do. Leave. Me. Alone.” He felt it then. He heard it, too. “Or else.

Thraah

Livia arched a brow at him, a smile twitching at the corner of her painted lips. "I say that is a rather intriguing thought." At this point, she would try anything to not be in her head. It even put a happy step into her footwork, easily keeping up with Rowley and his steady movements as he peered around them, searching.

"I am going to trust whatever idea it is you have thought of. Do I dare ask what it is?"

Rowley Stone

The song was starting to wind down, which was a damned shame considering how much Zinnia was opening up for him. Silas had always figured she must be starved for a few good times with how shy and reserved she was, but he hadn't expected the confidence she was showing in her movements now. It hadn't been very long, and already he was at the same pace he'd been with Houri, with someone who had minimal experience on a dance floor.

Kinda made him wonder how dangerous Zin would be if she knew how fun (and pretty) she could be when she wanted to be. She fell into his arms after coming up from the dip, wrapping her arms around him again, the warmth of her face as she pressed it to his chest forcing his smile to grow a bit wider with the extra warmth she provided.

She didn't have to say anything back. Silas understood how it felt to release all the bullshit and just enjoy yourself. He knew it wasn't always easy to do, and sometimes you needed the right person to do it with. The girl matching him as the song wound to its conclusion was full of thoughts, needs, and conflicts he couldn't even guess, but if he was able to help her out a little and show her a good time tonight, one that she'd remember... Hey, he'd take that.

As the music faded, Zinnia pulled her head away and looked up at him. Her face was still red with blush, but her eyes didn't run from his anymore. They locked onto him, full of a determination that almost made Artesto question who it was he was dancing with.

"M-maybe I'd like that."

Silas flashed a bright, toothy grin back. Did Zinnia just ask him out? Had she... was that something that she did? If it wasn't so flattering, and if she didn't look so damned adorable looking up at him with that rose color over her pale cheeks, he'd be stunned.

"Maybe..." His hands gripped her hips just the slightest bit tighter, pulling her flush against him. "...We could make that happen some time, Zin."

"Oh yeah you look REAL happy for them. Wait, what's that?"
Standing beside Zaire Thraah cocked her head and put her hand to her ear.
"Is that the mating call of the fabled Horse-shit Bird? I think it is. Stash can you hear it? This is amazing!"
Quick as she started she dropped the bit and her arm pointed to the vague direction of Houri and Leander.
"I saw the whole thing. You expect me to believe you're happy to see that? After Blondie knocked you on your ass? Pull the other one Stash it's got bells on it."
She scanned to room and didn't see Vicky, or Soliel or Kor or Fennec. She was really hoping they'd crash the place so she could join in, it was the only reason she came. Besides the cake and the excuse to dance and she'd already had cake.
"So what, were you gonna ask Stretch to dance or something?"
Her tone was about as serious as it got which was mildly disappointed.

Zaire

"Absolutely not. Never ask that."

Rowley said simply before spotting Zaire off to the side talking to the human bread oven. With little notice, Rowley slowly directed their dance over to that direction before seamlessly disengaging from the dance floor and guiding Livia with a hand in the direction of Zaire.

"Zaire, my friend, I was hoping I could ask a favor." Ro put on his best smile, also nodding to Thraah. He noticed the tension but just ignored it. That wasn't his problem.

Livia Quinnick Zaire Thraah

Zaire was ready to walk away from Thraah. He had said all he needed to say and had no plans of saying anything else to her. He felt like a fool. He felt stupid. Like it was obvious about his feelings to Houri and because he had feelings it was something to tease him about. Feelings weren’t a weakness.

Even if he felt the need to numb them most of them. If it weren’t for Rowley and Livia coming up to him, Zaire would have left the dance hall completely. He understood just what favor it was that Rowley was asking for.

You want some party favors?” Zaire asked, now blatantly ignoring Thraah and looking up at Rowley with his half-lidded, red eyes. His red iris still stood out regardless, the crimson strangely bright no matter how much Zaire inhaled.

Thraah Rowley Stone Livia Quinnick

"Oh, I see the idea." Livia grinned, welcoming Zaire with a wink. She spared a glance towards Thraah, ever graceful with the cake smeared skirts to her... violently pink dress. "You look as if you have some to spare." Olive green eyes flicked back to meet the obvious signs in the other male Initiate's gaze.

Liv took this moment to glance around. The Proctors were all occupied or investigating what she had reported earlier, leaving no watchful eyes roaming over the Initiates dancing and having a safe and fun time.

"Perhaps I will go find us a nice bottle of wine, Rowley? I will come find you." An easy task she could promise. Before she broke from the small group, she squeezed his arm as a way to say thanks.

Rowley Stone Zaire Thraah

• Popcorn
  • Cthulhoo rage
Reactions: Houri and Thraah
Rowley just smiled warmly as he watched Livia move away, his eyes resting longer on her retreating form before he turned back to Zaire with a wolfish grin.

"Exactly, my friend. You look someone squeezed lemon juice in your eyes. Which only means one thing. You have some good shit on you. So how about donating some? I'll owe you a favor later."

Rowley's eyes fell on Thraah for only a moment and offered her a mocking and exaggerated bow. He knew Thraah was not one to like this, in fact, she was like Rowley in some ways if he was...dumb.

• Cthulhoo rage
Reactions: Thraah
This was all more attention than Zinnia had ever received from a boy, and...well, Silas was a cute one, at that. He was a bit of a known philanderer, sure, but Zinnia never expected for him to land any interest on her. That felt...good. Even if he didn't really mean it, even if he'd likely been saying the same things to Houri just a few minutes ago, Zinnia reveled in the feeling of acceptance and want.

Unfortunately, a song cannot endure forever. The music hit its crescendo and wound down to a close, and Zinnia expected that to be that, her last words to Silas to be met with a dismissal as he moved on promptly to whatever next called for his attention. Instead, Zinnia was met with the broadest smile she'd seen on the boy, and eyes full of fascination.

She let out a gasp when he pulled her tight to him, her heart suddenly racing once more. Zinnia didn't actually know what to do next, opting just to maintain their locked eye contact and the embrace she'd locked around the back of Silas' neck. Unbidden, her fingers weaved into the base of his blond locks, and some small part of her frazzled thoughts remarked on how soft his hair felt.

"I, um...y-you..." she stumbled over the thoughts and wants and questions and answers, all the while lost in Silas' hazel stare. Finally something clicked, however small, and she settled on a reply. "We should...you know where to find me..."

"Bye *Liv*."
Thraah waved to Livia in a way that was so exaggerated it was insulting and to Silas she smiled a dagger and flipped him the bird with a flaming finger.
"ROW-ROW!" She practically yelled "Come to get something to fix yourself or is the walking divining rod only able to stand you when she's so fucked off her tits she doesn't know what era she's in?"
Her eyes lit up when she spoke to him. It didn't matter that she deliberately looked like a walnut crammed into a pink wad of frosting. The looks she just got from the two of them guaranteed her ire for the next day at least.
"Sorry. Zaire's only taking cash, up front. Too many people skimping out on him."
She nudged Zaire to go with it.
Rowley would absolutely not pay up. Especially since she knew Zaire would probably get so high later on he'd forget the whole night and hence this promise of a favor.
Way she saw it, she was doing him a favor of her own.
She could be nice when it coincided with annoying someone else.

Zaire Livia Quinnick Rowley Stone

Last edited:
  • Dab
Reactions: Rowley Stone
His pale eyes narrowed further as she laughed, and while he was close to fighting her once more to lead the dance, there was something about that glee in her voice that had Leander pause. He didn’t cease his crushing grip on her hand, his knuckles turning white. He could see his sister, and Ivan, and wondered if that was what Houri was trying to show him.

Looking from his sister back to her face and then looking at this sister again. It clicked into place immediately. Of course, because he had insulted her family so she thought to threaten his. Leander looked at Houri one last time and she would be able to see not a face of fear but a face of condescending joy.

Foolish girl. You used magic.” With those being his final words, Leander changed his face completely. All at once it was a mix of horror and bravery and he moved his hand from Houri’s back to go up and tangle into her hair, at the base of her skull. With a hold on her head and hand, it was easy to use one foot as leverage— and of course, the overall size and might of his stronger body— to viciously throw Houri out of his way.

Oraya!” He shouted like a war cry before battle. He was already running to Odessa’s aid. “Houri Luana seeks Odessa’s head!” It was far from outlandish and Leander was certain he could get away with this. Houri, foolish girl indeed, had only thought of magic. And harming his sister? Perfect. He couldn’t have wished for anything better.

Because if the chandelier didn’t drop, the residue of her magic, as well as the cut cord keeping it attached to the ceiling, would be enough to pin her intent. Or they could get one of the telepaths at the Academy to search for the truth. Better yet, if Houri did drop the chandelier? If it happened to hit both him and Odessa?

Well, there was a reason he had called his eldest sister’s name. Odessa would be fine, regardless. Leander already had a spell at the ready to help protect him. But the embarrassment of Houri Luana, in front of her poor, sweet brother, would be far delicious than whatever was in that punch bowl. He could start a new name for Houri, one that came off the tongue beautifully: the Luana Lunatic.

Fitting, wasn’t it? And Leander would look like nothing more than a overprotective brother willing to sacrifice his wellbeing for his little sister.

Oraya Urahil Odessa Urahil Houri

Zaire watched Livia go and said nothing. He was about to answer Rowley but Thraah interjected. Thrash’s nudge nearly had Zaire falling over to his side. He took a big step away from the initiate in pink. He tried to look for another initiate that she could annoy but there was no one weaker or smaller than her. He did feel guilty thinking about passing Thraah on to someone else. But it was only for a moment.

Come back with me to my room.” Zaire said to Rowley and gave a pointed look at Thraah. “Girls aren’t allowed in there.” Once he said it he felt ridiculous because it’s not that Zaire didn’t want girls in there all, he did, just only one girl. And that girl wasn’t Thraah.

Zaire pivoted on his heel to finally leave the dance hall, praying to any god there was that Thraah wouldn’t tag along, even offering to sacrifice a couple of goats to Meness if that was what it took, but he wasn’t able to take more than a few steps.

Leander shouted. He heard her name, the only name that mattered to him. He turned his head to the shout, straining and finding Houri so easily in her green dress. Zaire clenched his jaw. Houri would never do such a thing, killing another initiate just wasn’t like her! And why did it look like she was steadying herself? Or was he just too high and things were starting to get hazy?

He took a step towards her, then another and another. Ignoring everyone else in the room, the whispers, the everything else. Zaire got pushed but this time he didn’t fall over, steadfast in his decision to go to Houri. He wouldn’t be deterred this time, even when the boys in his class somehow got in front of him, blocking him with their broad backs that were just like a brick wall.

This time he’d make his way to Houri. Slowly, unfortunately, as he had just met the peak of his high.

Rowley Stone Thraah

I shall enjoy carving that smile from his face...

Houri, for once, agreed with the Lord of Storms, but after righting herself and brushing her hands down her dress, she painted a look of bemusement and... pity on her face. Pity for Leander. Poor, poor Leander who had no real power and must have spent all these years so threatened by his sister. There was enough attention now as she spread her hands and shook her head with a sad sigh.

"Leander, I tried to explain it to you as simply as I could," she spoke as if to a child who had run to his parents after a nightmare. She took a step forward and motioned to the Chandelier which did indeed twirl on obvious bits of air. "That I had a wonderful surprise for everyone here," again that bemused look. "I did forget how low you placed in our classes, I thought you could comprehend the basics of it but..." she sighed and then turned her eyes to her brother, bright and excited.

"As Leander wouldn't let me just sneak off so you could enjoy my surprise without being at the centre of attention, I suppose I shall just reveal it now," her fingers curled and the chandelier drifted to the centre of the room. Her mind fixed on the buzz from the wine, the memory of the buzz from eating whatever mushrooms had been put in that mac and cheese and suddenly brilliant, colourful lights bounced off the crystals of the chandelier and spun around the room. There were delighted cries from several of the girls as their dresses swam in different hues and they spun, delighting in it.

As that went on she glided to Leander, the perfect image of a girl worried she had caused great offence. She patted his cheek with that pitying, sad smile then glanced to Odessa with concern.

"I think perhaps you should take him home, the exams and wine have probably overwhelmed him a little too much," with a final disappointed shake of her head she glided off into the crowd of excited students clamouring to ask her to change the colours on what one student had dubbed "the disco ball". Only once did she briefly glance over her shoulder to give the man a wink before turning back to the group.

Who parted for Zaire. Houri beamed and held out her hands.

"Would you like to dance?"

"HEY LEANDER!!!"
Thraah called, just about heard over the awed din the entirely new atmosphere Houri single handedly created in the main hall (which she respected to hell because it was rad)
"LOOKS LIKE HOURI DOESN'T THINK URAHIT WITH THE LADIES TONIGHT! HAHA!"
She got back down off her toes and twirled into the crowd.
Laughter started and she decided to give Zaire this time to get what he wanted without further interference by her.

Leander Urahil Zaire Houri Rowley Stone

Last edited:
The attendant serving wine was still there, and Livia plastered her best smile as she approached once again. She brushed her long brunette and silver hair aside, letting it cascade down her back and smoothing her hands down her dress skirts. "No one cares if you will part with a bottle or two of wine, will they? A friend and I are going to have our own little..." The charming voice came to a pause, her eyes narrowing as she saw Zaire walking towards Houri and leaving Rowley to stand alone and without the other part to their fun plan. Her magic slowly spilled from her being, spreading in every which way until she felt that telltale marker.

To her surprise, a hit returned back to her before it even reach towards Rowley or Zaire. Livia skewered the attendant with a look.
"Not just wine, I see."

His eyes widened, and Livia delighted in the alarm present in his brown eyes. "How... I.. I was going to share it after my shift." Was she capable of some sort of cunning? He had come by this stash by chance, and after picking up this shift from a friend that needed it covered, he had fully intended of letting loose after serving wine to Initiates all night.

"Oh, please." Livia rolled her eyes at him. At her wrist, she fussed with the fastening to a pearl bracelet and dangled it before him. "A single pearl from this bracelet will fetch you quite the price. Quinnicks love their pearls. One bottle, and your secret stash for a small fortune." The arching of her brow was an indication she had no need to say or else.

The attendant debated his options. The kid that gave him the small bag had said it was it was top tier stuff... but the pearls and the promised price they would fetch would probably help his sick grandmother...

Livia made her way back to Rowley with a grin only worn by winners. A bottle of wine tucked into her arm and a small bag that would hopefully rival whatever Zaire would have given them if he had not been so moon eyed over Houri, now slipped into his hands for safe keeping.
"What do you say, Rowley Stone? Shall we take a quick break from the dancing and light show?"

"Likely both Thraah, likely both."

He ignored her after that as Rowley followed Zaire hoping for a little bit of a spark for the night. Of course, he got one but not exactly what he was expecting. The entire room was lit up by Houri's antics and he had to smile. He could always appreciate a good spectacle.

Rowley was about to suggest they hurry up so Zaire could return to his crush, but that was when the really fun stuff started. He watched with the excitement of a child watching their favorite play. It was like the story of a young pauper vs. The Titan, all for the hand of a beautiful princess. Except the pauper was also high off his ass on drugs...that would probably make for a better story anyways.

Livia eventually made it back to him, while he watched it all with rapt attention. He glanced at her out of the corner of his eye before sighing.

"Sure, but I want to stay by close enough to hear the chaos...We haven't even seen the climax yet."

Livia Quinnick Thraah

Her eyes narrowed a slight, gaze fixed up at his face as he watched the scene unfolding before all to see. Perhaps it was selfish of her to command more of his time, especially as indeed the walls bounced off lights from the chandelier and coated every individual in such celestial light.

"I am sure nothing will happen for one dance. Leander would make a scene, nothing new to his usual antics, hm?" Once more her arm snaked around his own and pulled him slightly to the doors. "Either way, we most likely do not have all night to drink and get high before we are caught... I, uh... may be pulled away by a Proctor sometime tonight." She murmured the last sentence for him to hear only. Before she was made to relive that morbid reveal, she intended to let loose for a spell.

"Last chance, Stone." Her brow quirked in question, giving him a chance to politely decline if he so chose to.

Rowley Stone

• Cthuloo
Reactions: Trix and Houri
Silas let out a little chuckle at Zinnia's flustered stare, but not a malicious one. He probably wouldn't admit it, but he hadn't come to the dance with the intention of messing with anybody's heart. In fact, he was just looking for a temporary mend to his own. That Houri, and also Zinnia had been able to make him forget all about the pain he'd felt for the last few months gave him a little bit of hope, and it also made him nervous as hell.

He tilted his head back against her touch as she weaved her fingers into his hair, raising his brows as though he expected her to say something as he pulled her in tight. Zinnia just stared, though, every bit as confused about what she was feeling as he was, it seemed. Artesto couldn't say that he blamed her, to be fair.

For a moment, it seemed like that confidence she'd had just a minute ago faltered, she gazed up at him, in some kind of thoughtful daze. Then, her eyes seem to unlock from his as she came to her senses. "We should...you know where to find me..." She finally stated. Yeah, the song was over, and looking around it seemed the event itself might have been winding down a bit.

"Yeah... Guess I shouldn't hog you, though I admit I'm tempted." He smirked, his arms falling from her back as he insisted on flirting a bit further. Maybe he didn't know when to stop, but he was having fun, and she looked like she was too. Wasn't that what mattered? "Thanks for the dance, Zin. You were amazing," he smiled "...And I'll take you up on that. Next time we get a free day to go into the city, yeah? Unless you'd rather hang out at the dorms."

Stepping back, he took another look around at the hall. Zaire, Houri, Thraah, Livia, and Rowley were all together, and as much as he wanted to talk to Liv, there was no way he was diving into that mess. So he gives Zinnia a shrug.

"You staying around? Or calling it a night?"

How dare they not invite her! With a huff the pale girl stalked her way through the halls, the audacity to leave her out riddled her with anger. The procters thought she was too unpredictable, kept her from functions, well, not this time!

With a wave of her hand as she walked, nightmare dogs spawned behind her, panting and growling as flesh hung loosely, body parts mangled and teeth glinting. They didn't want her to ruin it? Well, now she was going to!

Victoria entered the scene of the dance, her lip curled, and her hands went to her waist as five nightmare dogs rushing into the scene. Some went for the food tables, knocking them over as they chomped at food they couldn't even really eat.

One in particular ran for Silas, pouncing on him and knocking him to the ground. Victoria saw her friend being happily mauled by a drooling Hound, and she grinned as she went to pull the beast off him. "Wanna help me start a fire?" She had ignored the shy nothing of a girl that had been beside him. Her focus bent on destruction at being slighted.

Silas Artesto

Rowley's face pouted in annoyance at being given an ultimatum, but he supposed she was right. He let himself get dragged away for the very reason that when he came back, this entire fight would be funnier if he was crossed.

The comment about the Proctor was enough to get his attention and an eyebrow raised. He switched from being pulled to walking with her as he gave her a smirk, assuming that she must have done something mischievous to get the Proctor's attention tonight.

"Hmm, I've had women become addicted to me overnight, but I never thought you would be one."

Livia Quinnick

Much as Zinnia was tempted to distraction by the shouting of Leander about...something...from across the room, what was right in front of her took precedence.

"Yeah... Guess I shouldn't hog you, though I admit I'm tempted."

She quirked her head and smiled.
"Well...I wouldn't m-mind if you did..." she replied softly. Just because the song was over didn't mean their time for the night had to be. "I'm the one who should be th-thanking you, that was really w-wonderful."

Zinnia reddened a bit more for a moment as she realized the implications of both of the options Silas presented her with. This would be her first date with...well, anyone. Oh, Kress. A nervous giggle escaped her.
"Oh, I, uh...wh-whichever you prefer, really!" she answered before following Silas' gaze toward the mess of their other friends and acquaintances. Admittedly, that all seemed a little much.
"Well, I f-figured I'd--"

She yelped as she was cut off by the sudden arrival of a...dog? Thing? Which tackled Silas, followed immediately by the arrival of the deranged clown girl that was Victoria. Zinnia felt the skin on one of her arms begin to crawl and she immediately slapped a hand over the spot. She was about to shout down the girl herself when she heard the booming call of Proctor Snicket call out from the other side of the room.

"MISS VON FLEET!"

Apparently the little scuffle between Leander and Houri was within tolerance, but unleashing a bunch of grotesque canid summons on the dance was a step too far for the chaperones.

• Haha
  • Gasp
Reactions: Trix and Thraah