Dreadlords The Long Road

Threads open to all members of the Dreadlords group
Amelie's heart burned with pride in the young initiate they'd taken in. Without any real prodding she was admitting to going down the same path that had led Erodin and Amelie here.

The smile upon her face only grew as she noticed the rune that Erodin drew. The same symbol she was well accustomed to in the early days of their relationship. When they'd be days apart on missions for House Virak, when they'd shared information that the nobility would've frowned upon, and when they simply wanted the other to know that they were missed.

"You should let him know how you feel," she made eye contact with Livia before continuing, "you can share whatever you wish. If you trust this boy, and he trusts you, it won't matter if you tell him where we go."

Whether the Republic believed it or not Livia wasn't in any real danger. Neither of them intended her harm and if they encountered any danger they were bound by magical oath to protect the initiate. "We're nearly there," her gaze shifted away from their charge towards the township of Aeura.

The area was had a unique architecture of classical Anirian mixed with elven inspirations. There had been rumors of half-elves being a significant percentage of the population back before the revolution and those rumors had proven true ever since the aftermath of that uprising. It was now widespread knowledge that many of the locals who wore scarves did so to hide their elongated ears. Some of the halflings even went to the trouble of self-mutilation.

"The Bumble and Bee is a short walk," she offered, gently pushing the trio towards the inn she preferred. Not only because it was owned by an Anirian loyal to Erodin and herself but also because it truly had the most lavish accommodations in the entire town.

A rune.

Before her unleashing the full extent of her corruption magic, runes had been one of the things that never quite worked for her.

Watching Erodin draw it and show her, Liv knew that was no longer the case. She had better control with her magicks now, and they no longer came at odds within her. The prospect of reacquainting herself with the knowledge of runes made her smile. What Erodin showed her was a better way at communicating her feelings to Silas... but without hiding behind written words, Livia found herself hesitating on what she would tell him. He was not here and still she could not bring herself to admit the defining words of what she thought of him.

"Perhaps a lesson tomorrow when we fly south." Quinnick gave Erodin a sheepish smile.

Soon, her attention fell on the growing scene of Aeura. It struck a slight homesickness in her seeing how picture perfect it seemed to be, much like the town the Quinnick estate was found in.
"Pretty." She said lightly, olive eyes trying to soak in much of the view before they came to land. Livia did her best to follow Amelie, herself too distracted to focus on her magic that tugged her the right direction without thought.

"What is the history of this place?" She looked to Erodin, then Amelie. They were familiar with it, she knew, but Livia's own knowledge of other towns and settlements in the territories seemed to lack.

• Smug
Reactions: Erodin
Erodin only smiled and inclined his head, not wanting to push the girl more than she could take. Love was a difficult thing, compared to killing.

”Aeura is a border town.” He explained. ”It was founded during the second war, when we crusaded against the elves and burned the Falwood.”

There was a slight enthusiasm to Erodin’s voice as he spoke. Almost as though a part of him yearned for those days. When Dreadlord's were stronger, and faced a true challenge. A time when he could have truly tested himself instead of languishing within democracy. ”After the wars, it was of little importance. The Garrisons moved to Vel Cirak and Orith, and Aeura began to die.”

As they walked, a few of the villagers noticed them. As they spotted the two Dreadlords, their faces almost immediately lit up. Some offered waves and polite nods of the head, others even bowed in respect. Erodin returned each gesture in turn, performing the play that was expected of him.

”When we became Dreadlord, we found this place and invested in it.” He explained, though didn't quite go into the details of just what that investment was. He doubted that Livia would care about the fact that Aeura was home to a plant which held particular healing properties, one which they were able to help the town cultivate and grow to turn a profit. ”Bringing it back to life, and building things up until they became what they are now.”

Again he left out details. How Amelie had twisted the minds of the villagers, how he had slaughtered more than a dozen who had resisted them. Facts which never needed to be heard. ”Why did we do this?”

He mused, doing the work any Dreadlord mentor would have.

”For two reasons; profit.” Coin was always useful. ”And safety.”

The Dreadlord explained as they finally reached the Bumble and Bee. ”It's important to create places where you know you will be safe. Where the loyalty lies with you and no one else. The people of this town love and respect us.”

Because they'd had no other choice.

Vel Anir has done little for them.” Erodin said as he pulled open the door and allowed the two women to enter first. ”While we have saved their way of life.”

• Wonder
Reactions: Livia Quinnick
Aeura reminded her of her small town between the Academy and Vel Anir, and how it thrived with the backing and care of those that had the means to do so. The town she grew up in were loyal to the Quinnicks and enjoy the Solstice fairs every year. Here, it was evident with the smiles and honest cheer of the people that they too appreciated the efforts of Erodin and Amelie.

The Bumble and Bee was quaint but held the charm of a small town, and Livia found herself smiling at the interior. Food wafted over to her as she stepped into the front room, looking around in wonderment. It reminded her of Ariston, of the craftsmanship and preservation of the interiors and exteriors of a time long past but made such a place stand out.

She felt as if she were on any run of the mill mission, but with Dreadlords that preferred something more than a classic room at an inn. This establishment went above and beyond in experience.

At least they will rest easy before flying south tomorrow.

"I can see why you would wish to stay here."
She smiled, looking over her shoulder to both of the Dreadlords in her company.

• Bless
Reactions: Cenric and Erodin
"Indeed." Erodin said with a tilt of his head. Motioning towards the back stairway where he knew their rooms would already be prepared.

The tavern was just large enough to hold three floors, and the top most had only ever been occupied by them.

It was another important facet of the home they had carved out here. Not only where the people secure, but the space was too. Wood and foundations carved with magics of warning and warding. Bed-posts scrawled with ancient spells of protection, and the very floors set with steel so as to make them difficult to cut through.

Over the top? Entirely.

Erodin and Amelie had spent fortunes on places like this, but it had been worth it. They were still alive after all.

The three Dreadlords moved up the narrow staircase up to the top floor of the Inn. Erodin opening the door with a strange tri-tipped key, and swinging it open to reveal a lavish suite. Sprawling out before them with a soft, kitchen, and even a small training area before splitting into three separate hallways. "You're off to the right."

Erodin said, motioning towards the hall.

"Make yourself at home." They did not have guests often, but it was good to be prepared. "Darling, go on ahead to bed, I have some messages to read it seems, and I'll teach Liv the trick to reach her beloved."

A smile flickered over his face as he glanced a small compartment on the wall, a strange red tag hanging from it. "Never a dull moment."

He mumbled quietly.

----

Dawn came quickly with such luxuries as baths, plush robes, and feather beds. The snap of a finger was all it took, and by the time the sun shone down upon Livia's cheek it was hard to remember there was a mission to be completed. One that loomed over her head like an ax.

It was a wonder, with the lateness of the hour, that the Initiate's new Patrons had not yet awoken her. Though the unfamiliar voice echoing out from the living room might have something to do with it. "It seems rather pointed."

The stranger said plainly.

"I doubt the message is for anyone but you and Sister." Cenric's shoulders rolled in a shrug, looking rather bored with the conversation. "He's going to hunt you, and if you're here..."

"Yes yes, we believe you Cenric. Kress sake. I was complaining, not arguing." Erodin said, throwing himself into the plush sofa at the center of the room.

"Ten years and you still don't know how to read a room." The Elder Dreadlord complained. "Amelie will leave a scent, and once I catch up he'll hunt us rather than you and the girl."

The white haired man's head rolled towards Cenric. "Treat her well. We swore an oath, and if anything happens to her."

A hand went up, and Cenric waved Erodin off. "There have been better opportunities to betray you, don't be so paranoid."

• Peek
A proper meal, bed, and bath had left Livia to sleep deeply and much better than she had in a long while. With her usual headaches from her compass magic wanting her to continue searching, for the first time since she unearthed the deep well of corruption magic, she had slept through the night with no fault. Opening her eyes, she turned away from the sun warming her face, but soon rushed to her feet and put on her new leathers they had bought the day prior. No need for the red cloak just yet, she left it draped over her hastily made bed before slowly peering through her door.

A new voice had joined the now familiar tones of Erodin and Amelie, and Livia could not hide after the door creaked and gave away her presence. With a clearing of her throat, Liv went down the hall and caught the end of the conversation, the new person with her back to her.

"Morning."
She greeted, hoping it in fact was still morning despite how much progression the sun made in the day already. "Someone else joining us to go south?"

She was wary, keeping a distance from those gathered in the room.

• Bless
Reactions: Cenric
"Ah. There she is." Erodin said, practically springing up from the couch.

He did not lack any of his usual air of arrogance, but it was obvious that something had excited him. The Dreadlord seemed to be absolutely filled to the brim with energy, alight and sweeping around the room as he began to explain.

"There's been a change of plans." The Dreadlord said as he ushered Livia to come sit at the large table in the center of the room. "First, allow me to introduce my dearest former apprentice; Cenric."

Erodin beckoned towards the redhead, and the boy smiled. Bowing his head ever so slightly, a confident and rather amused smile on his face. "He arrived this morning to inform us that Gilram was coming."

The words would have sent a chill down most people's spine. Erodin used the man's name so casually he might have been talking about an old friend, but Livia would know who he was talking about; an Archon. A man who with a snap of a finger could wipe them all away. A man Vel Anir feared enough to make a deal with monsters.

"It seems he learned what we did to his wife sooner than expected." Erodin commented off-hand, though didn't bother explaining what they had done.

"Anyway. Amelie left this morning to set the trail, I'll be joining her shortly. We thought it best that if a confrontation with Gilram occurs..." He left the rest unsaid. A fight between the three of them would be incredibly destructive. There was no telling if they would be able to keep up their end of the Bargain. "Cenric will be accompanying you south. The two of you will take the item, and he'll ensure you remain unharmed."

Cenric smiled, leaning back against the wall. "I'm better company anyway."

He said, offering Liv a wink

• Frog Sip
She was right to be wary.

The news that Gilram caught on and was now searching for Erodin and Amelie, and by extension Livia, made her stiffen in place. She looked as if she were ready to flee, or perhaps stand her ground and fight, but such a decision had been made for her already. Finally, her eyes drifted to the newcomer, taking him in and deeming him as someone she does not recognise.

Looking back to Erodin, Livia frowned.
"I could keep you safe. I could make sure we are always ahead of him." She insisted. Not needing to speak his name, but they all knew who she spoke of. But perhaps it was the best way to keep her safe, to keep the promise that came with the oath that Livia would be unharmed. Perhaps Gilram did not know Livia's part in all of this, and her continuing the search was a sure fire way to retrieve the artefact.

She was just beginning to come to terms her time would be spent with Erodin and Amelie, but now? Now she felt as if she were moments away from being in danger. A gravity of the situation she expected, but not so soon.

"I just..." She looked down to her boots, letting her silver hair dangle before her face to hide her expression as she collected herself. "I am just nervous about all of this." Livia exhaled slowly, peering up at the two Dreadlords.

• Devil
The two Dreadlords looked at one another as Liv spoke of keeping "ahead" of the Archon. Both their features unreadable, but something unsaid passing between the two of them. Surprisingly, it was Centric who answered first instead of Erodin. The young man pushing himself off the wall as he began to make his way towards the dining room table. "Unfortunately, due to the Archon's own magics, it'll be almost impossible to outpace him."

Gilram's magic was, perhaps, one of the most powerful in all of Vel Anir. The Archon could bend reality to his will, quite literally change the very fabric of anything. That ability that alone made him terrifying, but the man had nearly fifty years as a Dreadlord under his belt. The tricks and spells he knew put even Amelie and Erodin to shame. Not that either of them would ever admit it.

"He's more mobile than any of us, so once he knows where you are..." Centric snapped his fingers for emphasis. "He has you."

Cenric draped himself over the back of one of the chairs. Almost seeming to languish for a moment. Letting out a sigh. "It's the problem really. Half the time you can't even touch him."

Centric sounded as though he knew from experience.

Erodin shook his head, wondering if it wouldn't have been better for Amelie to stay behind. She had connected with the girl more, and a gentle nudge with her magics would have made the process easier. But those same magics were how the trail was to be set, and so it had to be him. Taking a deep breath, the Dreadlord stepped forward.

He moved towards Livia, taking on an expression that could almost be called sympathetic.

"This is what it means to be a Dreadlord." Erodin said, looking down at the little Initiate. "Things you can't control changing on the edge of a coin. Chaos erupts, and all you can ever do is chase after the wave that just crashed into you."

It was a remarkably insightful few sentences. "You can't help fight Gilram. You would only get in the way."

They were words nobody wanted to hear, but it was true. Through the oath they had sworn, Liv and Erodin's life were bound. In a fight with the Archon his attention would be half taken by just ensuring she was kept safe. It wouldn't be long before Gilram realized that, and then targeting the girl became an effective strategy. Taking her a long simply wasn't good tactics.

"Your job is to get whatever the hell it is he wants." Erodin told her. "Your life means mine, until you do that."

He reminded her. "We wouldn't send Cenric with you if we didn't trust him to keep you safe."

And bring her into the fold.

Last edited:
  • Spoon Cry
"You can't help fight Gilram. You would only get in the way."

Words that would have stung if said by a Proctor, but she knew Erodin was not like the Proctors. His words meant different when both their lives were linked by that oath. She pursed her lips, arms crossing over her chest as she weighed this. If there ever came a time for Livia to face Gilram, she would want her corruption magic to be stronger, and perhaps then she could be brave enough to say his name.

"Alright..." Liv looked down at her boots again, as if gathering courage before the two Dreadlords. "I will try my best to find the artefact. It is clearer today, the path... we will find whatever-his-name-was."

Lifting her head again, she met Erodin's gaze. "Stay safe. You and Amelie both. You promised to teach me more, beyond what the Proctors could do... and I would like to learn from you both."

She then looked to Cenric, giving him a half-hearted smile. "So, do you have a fast way to travel around the territories?" A Sky-Ray did not seem to be in his forte... that she knew of.

• Smug
Erodin nodded, glanced over Liv's shoulder at Cenric, and then took a deep breath.

The Dreadlord knew very well that he was walking into something worse than the lions den. Amelie had set the trail, and Gilram would no doubt follow. Together they could hold the Archon off, but the fight would be beyond challenging.

Only a fool would have been eager to face that. "Ah, unfortunately my talents lay elsewhere."

Cenric admitted as the elder Dreadlord made his departure. Saying a final word of goodbye and offering a quip about locking up before kicking the door open and slipping into the hall. Grumbling under his breath about how there were better things they could have been doing.

"But." He said, raising a hand as the door fell shut. "I have horses, and a very nice ship."

A smile touched his lips. "The journey will be longer, but much more comfortable."

Slowly, he raised himself up from the chair. Taking a step forward and offering Liv a hand. "I'll even have time to teach you a thing or two."

• Bless
She only had been away from the Academy a few days, but the idea of this journey slowing made her worry about Silas. Livia had still to inform him of her mission and absence, had been planning on it today with the rune Erodin taught her during their dinner last evening. At least, he was not present that she would feel guilty for being apart from him.

"Did he tell you of my magicks?"
She asked, taking his hand to shake. He was trusted by her Dreadlord guardians, but still, he would have to earn her trust too. "I graduate in two months... Amelie had said I would be able to take my tests. Can you promise that too?"

It had been agreed that despite how important they not waste time, it was best that Quinnick will be able to graduate, as a Dreadlord she would be given more freedoms to work on a long-term mission. Less strings to pull with the Revolution, and a challenge for Livia to build herself up in strength away from her peers. Liv wanted to make her classmates be shocked at how much stronger she was now, and will be come graduation.

"I would hate to repeat a year." She grimaced.

• Smug
"He didn't have to tell me anything." Cenric said in simple answer to her first question, though didn't elaborate on what exactly that meant.

Working for the Vigilite had it's benefits, as unpleasant as it was.

Briefly, Cenric glanced over towards his former Mentor. Wondering about how much leeway he had given this girl. The Dreadlord had never been this forgiving with him. Not that he'd ever expected anything else when he'd asked for his mentorship. "You'll be back in time for Graduation."

As much of a joke as it was now.

"If we've not found this thing in a month, then something will have gone very wrong." The Many-Faced said. Leaning against the chair besides him and glancing back towards Erodin. "Perhaps you'll fly her back."

The Elder Dreadlord offered a dismissive wave, clearly eager to leave this place and rejoin his beloved wife. "You'll be back in time."

He said simply, for it was a fact. Amelie had made a promise, and Erodin would see it done. That had been the fact of their lives for as long as they'd been together. They were seamless, whole, and Cenric knew it better than most.

"You should go, Liv and I will be fine." Cenric said, flashing a smile and a wink at his new companion. "I'd rather us not be together when Gilram shows up."

Though, he had no plan to stick around for any of the Archon's questions.

• Wonder
Livia could only bid Erodin a half smile before he made his departure. She had not expected him to make a big deal of the change of plans, and yet she only now remembered how quickly they needed to move. Glancing Cenric's way, she muttered something akin to 'let me pack my things' and disappeared back towards the room she got to have all to herself for the night. Thankful she had bathed before sleep, Livia did not take long to make her way back to where the Dreadlord waited for her. Leather satchel resting at her hip, the strap crossing over her torso, a peek of red could be seen of the cloak Amelie had bought her the day prior.

"Best to get a move on, right?"

Before the plans had changed, Livia knew they would be two days behind of the man they were now searching for. Of course, she was not privy to all the details, but if Cenric was, then all he needed to do was to focus on finding their target and Quinnick would be able to feed off of that and recalculate where to go.

She would be silent as they made their departure, but only because Livia was again starting again with another stranger. It had been obvious that Amelie had tried to make the Initiate more comfortable by appealing to the girl, but Livia so far found nothing to trust Cenric off of. He had no known infamy like her last guardians, but Liv could read with her magicks that he was not a harmless Dreadlord.

"Should we stop for supplies?"
She asked, watching him from the corner of her eyes as they walked the bustling street. It had to be past midday at least, and already Livia was cursing herself for indulging herself with sleep.

Cenric watched his old Mentor leave with a disapassionate wave. There was no mentions of 'good luck' nor hoping for his safe return. It was never in doubt that the two first levels would dodge Gilram well enough to survive his chase. The question lay with whether or not the Archon realized that he was being distracted. If he did, the two younger Anirian's would be in serious trouble.

Which meant Liv was completely right. "Unless we want to stab ourselves in the foot."

The older Dreadlord remarked, motioning for Liv to grab her things as he headed for a different door than Erodin had gone through. Popping it open to reveal a small staircase winding down to the ground floor in a tight spiral. With a wave he ushered her down, and the two would pop out in the Taverns attached stables. Stepping out from a door which looked to appear as little more than an ordinary wall.

Standing in the midst of the stable was another man, not quite as Tall as the Redhead, but more muscular. His blonde hair was slicked back, eyes appearing to be exactly the same as Cenric's. As Liv stepped out, she would him holding the reigns of two horses. One entirely black, the other gray speckled with spots of brown.

"Ive gathered what we need." The blonde said, and from behind her Liv would hear the very same voice. "Two days ride to Harrowsport. There we'll fine the Blacksun waiting for us."

He continued, as if everything was perfectly normal

Last edited:
  • Gasp
Liv stared at the blond man waiting with the horses, already on guard after hearing that the Archon was on the move. She stiffened, sizing up the man but frowned at the eyes. When the voice spoke, it startled her, and she whirled on Cenric with a deep scowl. "Who is your friend?" Her tone was snarky, definitely not the way she would have spoken to Erodin or Amelie. Her magic gave no indication danger was imminent, but that did not stop Livia from standing rooted to the spot.

It was fortunate that Cenric had gathered everything already, because Livia was in no mood to see people or to be gawked at. Some would have seen her arrive with the other Dreadlords, the patrons of this town, and thought it best not to draw attention to herself.

"Some sort of twin of yours?"
Liv asked.

• Smug
"No, not a twin." The Redhead said, looking down at Liv with a smile. "But a friend, once."

Cenric glanced up at Kesper's body, now his own. The smile on his lips turning wistful, a flicker of real emotion crossing his features. "Now it's just..."

Before the Revolution, his magics had been one of the best kept secrets in all of Vel Anir. The Virak's had worked exceptionally hard to erase any and all knowledge of his existence, and after he'd taken Kesper's body Cenric had almost never stepped outside using his own.

It had made him the perfect spy, and after the Republic came to power the Vigilite did not take long to realize that very same fact. Within a matter of weeks he'd been recruited, and now more people than ever knew what he could do.

A fact Cenric was distinctly displeased about, though did make explaining all this to Liv far more simple.

"...Me." Cenric finished as he pushed passed her. Grabbing the reigns from himself as Kesper's body offered the other set to Liv."My magic allows me to have multiple bodies."

He explained, speaking through the blonde as his other body pulled something from the horses saddlebags. Slipping it into his belt pouch as he continued. "Which is how I managed to put all of this together in a day."

Cenric finished, both bodies offering her a grin.

• Frog Sus
Livia still did not let her scowl lessen as he explained his magic in the fewest words possible, but it was enough of an example to watch them both at work. Unsettling as it was to see two similar grins her way, she decided it was not worth fretting over and sighed, stifling a roll of her eyes. She stepped forward now, grabbing the reins of the remaining horse and mounted up with ease. Her second hand leathers were a little too loose on her frame, but enough to make her grimace and spend time adjusting herself in her saddle to be comfortable.

"Handy, that."
She finally made comment on his magic and the not-twin. "But two horses. You are not going to make him run after us, are you?" Liv turned to face Cenric while asking, lifting a curious brow to her new colleague.

She imagined that the journey to Harrowsport would be a long one by foot, and doubted the ship they were to board would wait for the not-twin.

"Unless your magic has some unique way of..."
She frowned, unsure of how to voice her uncertainty of his magic still.

• Smug
Cenric shook his head. "This vessel will be staying here."

The Blonde told Liv, as he made his way towards the very door that they had come out of. Cenric's red headed body shifting his attentions to her as the other made it's departure.

"Watching for Gilram." He explained. "If the Archon follows after us, then we'll have to change direction, if he follows after brother, then we know our ruse will work."

It had to be Kesper of course, it was the only body whose magic would actually help escaping Gilram. There would not be a fight, but his oldest friend would at least be able to escape. That was all that mattered. He wasn't staying to challenge the Archon, just making sure he was going in the right direction. He kicked his horse, setting off towards the stable doors. "Have they taught you the Traveler's Trick yet?"

Cenric asked as they headed out into the heat of the day.

• Frog Eyes
Hard as it was, she could not hide her grimace, but Livia simply nodded as they both set their horses to leave the stables. She was glad to have not yet put her long hair into a braid, and used it to hide the side of her face to keep some anonymity in public.

It shielded partially the look of worry on her face, thinking of how close she was to having Gilram become aware of her existence just because she was aiding two Dreadlords that were going against him.

Cenric's question was odd enough to bring her out from her thoughts, to look across to him as they traveled side by side on their respective mounts.
"Traveler's Trick?" Her fave scrunched up, wracking her brain but came up short. "Cannot say I have." The Academy might have, another Initiate or Dreadlord could have explained it, but all her past missions were hard for Liv to recall. This was her first mission since tapping into the well of immense power not born to her, thrust upon her for Livia to wield and execute. Before that, she suffered migraines, insomnia, fugue states, and unhealthy extremes she'd push herself through just to sate her magic in locating the very thing it wanted her to track.

Now, Livia was sleeping through the night, and all morning it seemed. Her eyes caught sight of the time keeper, large enough for the whole town to see.
"Gods, why did none of you wake me earlier?"

• Smug
Cenric chuckled. "Because we weren't sure where Gilram was."

He told her freely, seeing no point in keeping her in the dark. Livia knew how dangerous this was, and Cenric was no Proctor. He had absolutely no intention of dangling some pierces of information out of the Initiate's height just so she would work harder.

To his mind, she would either do what she needed, or she would die.

"We needed time to plan, and the days ahead are long." Cenric shrugged. "Besides. This body hadn't actually arrived until a few moments before you woke."

He finished, glancing at her briefly. Noting that Liv was doing her best to hide her hair and face. He frowned for a moment, remembering what Amelie had mentioned to him.

They would have to make some stops in Harrowsport.

Taking a breath, Cenric continued moving the conversation away from the Archon and the danger that was chasing them.

"Ever wonder why Dreadlords don't seem to sweat despite the heat? Even though we wear those heavy black coats?" It wasn't that they were inhuman of course. Dreadlord's felt discomfort just like anyone else, but they had the privilege of denying that discomfort. It did not surprise Cenric that no one had taught Liv the little spell.

Most of their seniors viewed discomfort as something they needed to suffer through. As though the pain would somehow enhance the knowledge they gained. "It's a spell."

He told her with a simple shrug, offering her the plum of knowledge. "They call it the 'Travelers Trick'. Basically just makes traveling on days like this a hell of a lot more comfortable."

It was a simple thing really. A small spell that anyone with magical ability could cast. The only thing it did was flex the air around your own body, creating a ward which kept the heat, and most other minor weather conditions at bay.

"When we get out of town I'll teach it to you." He offered, extending an olive branch. "Never understood why they keep it secret."

Last edited:
  • Bless
Once during their travels to their first stop her magic had led them, Livia had tried to use her magic and see where Gilram was, or travelling to. She had used Amelie and Erodin's presence to get a better read, but even then, he remained elusive. It had irritated her to no end, but certain spells could always cloak oneself from the likes of her. Thinking on it now, her two Dreadlord guardians had probably clued in that Livia tried to do that, but said nothing on the matter.

Now she knew, that she could not see where he may be, but had a general reading of where he was headed.

Livia casted her gaze forward, snorting.
"A spell?" Oh, gracious gods, spells were easy for her. It was runes that Livia never got proper education on as her magic before it was exercised correctly had corrupted any attempts of learning. And runework was already complex enough without wayward magic charging it.

"I usually was hired by nobles and wealthy clients in Vel Anir during the summer."
Lost jewellery, drunken heirs going on a bender and never to be found, thieves being brought to justice... "And they often provided carriage and horses to get me between the Academy and the city... and I found excuse to wear some lovely summer dresses that kept me cooler than the dark cloth they made us wear."

• Wonder
"Lucky that." Cenric said with a chuckle. "I do enjoy wearing dresses."

He commented idly. "They breathe much better than..."

Cenric gestured to his current uniform. The ostentatious garb that Ein had worn throughout his life. Another token of his friend that he could not allow himself to let go of, even though he had now been dead for more than half a decade.

"Regardless, it's a good trick to know." The Dreadlord said as they finally passed the last house of the Village. Heading out onto the open road, though still passing a few merchants and farmers as they went for Market-day. "Keeps you alive in the desert, near magma. Doesn't do so well with cold though."

In fact, it only made it worse. "Not that it'll matter much for us."

They were heading south, and that meant jungles and heat.

• Frog Eyes
Despite the sudden change of plans and now being put into the car of Cenric, he proved to be an alright conversationalist. At the start of her journey with the other Dreadlords, Livia had felt as if she had to keep herself on task and watchful of what she wanted to speak about. It had been Amelie that asked Liv questions that soon had her relaxing in their presence, but she felt no need to go through similar with Cenric.

"It sounds like the perfect thing to learn today. Not a cloud in sight, and that sun still has time to descend."
Even if there was tree cover ahead, Livia did not have the breeze nor altitude to keep her cool as she had been on the Sky-Ray the past day.

"I never could learn runes when I went to the Academy. My second magic was unruly at best, and runes barely worked against me and I could not power any... I was happy to learn drawing runes, but the Proctors soon steered me to work on other attributes to keep me strong." Combat, mostly. Livia had been fit going into the Academy, but a disciplined ballerina could only do so much when given a sword and shield to carry.

Livia was eager to learn all she could outside the Academy, to make use of what her classmates were not offered. Anything to give her an edge in the coming graduation tests.
"Any other runes helpful for travel? I remember Proctor Ebersol used one to make our horses travel long distances at faster speeds... but the cool down was a few hours." Realistically, over night. It had allowed them time to defeat a rogue Dreadlord and then find and save a missing Initiate with Livia's compass magic.

• Devil