Private Tales Suadade

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"You shower me with kind words.... One would think you are attempting to court me." He teased as he playfully guided her into a spin. It may have been slow and lacking the coordination of two people asccustom to dancing but it was not with out it's charm.

"So how goes this friendship...? You have seen my home, met my family and friends... Shown to one of my favorite private getaways... I think we are off to a good start." He concluded. "I even cleverly guided us away from the wine so we can ensure neither of us ends up professing our unyielding love or act a fool in some other fashion... Yes a very good start I must say."

• Yay
Reactions: Skuld Zajac
"Oho, I court you? A novel idea." Skuld teased back as she was guided into a spin. It was slow and pleasant. No need to be hasty or careful with their movements. This was about enjoying themselves and not about making a splendid scene for some grand assembly of higher ups. She listened to him for a while before trying to cover her face while laughing.

"I believe it goes well. Very well. Though I am at a loss since you haven't met my parent's nor have a home to show you. The road has been my home for some time now. And for steering us away from the wine, it was likely a good thing. I don't think your sister would appreciate me ruining this dress making a fool of myself should I get to drunk. And for saving us from such foolishness." She teased him, poking his shoulder as carefully as she could. Her smile was near constant now, even without them talking. Skuld seemed to be on a containable level of intoxicated now.

• Yay
Reactions: Keiran MacArthur
"It's a dance we've both been learning the steps to." Came his response about her interest in him. There was no denying their connection, anyone who saw them could see it plain as a sunrise upon a Edenham hill.

The danced continued for a moment longer, growing my fast paced towards the end before coming to a final crashing end. It was at this point he noticed they had come to stand in the center of a crowd and had no idea if they had simply wandered into the spectle or if it formed around them. Which ever the case there were a few hoots and hollers and Keiran felt the need to sheepishly bow before tugging Skuld along and vanishing into the crowd.

Their trek through the sea of onlookers and fellow celebrators was short luckily enough though the tents and tables did transform the landscape of the open courtyard, and what was once familiar felt oddly foriegn. Pulling the Templar along, he would come to lead her to a secluded tent used to house bales of hay, keeping them dry from the potential rain that hung above head. A clear morning had given way to a cloudy night and the chill of winter was ever present.

Away from the burning torches that lit the courtyard, the tent was dark and as their eyes adjusted, Skuld may have been surprised to see there was more there then just hay. Stacked on top of each other and leaving a small space to enter, inside the fort of hay was a blanket, cloak, and what seemed to be little bundles wrapped in clothed besides a bottle of wine.

With out saying a word, Keiran led her in, and once inside, simply collapsed onto the blanket after releasing her hand from his own. "Welcome to my fort!" he cried joyously. "Had the lads helped me put it together.. Figured we could steal a moment alone at some point since I'll be leaving in the morning."

• Yay
"Indeed. One I am happy to learn with you." Skuld replied in kind. They danced, and at the end, both were unaware of just where their dancing had led them. She looked about at those gathered around them and could not stop the nervous fidgeting that followed the small bow she gave.

Keiran pulled her through the crowd to a tent off to the side. Her surprise was easily seen once her eyes adjusted and she did not hide the chuckle she made when he collapsed on the blanket there. She sat beside him with a smile, eyeing the bottle of wine.

The smile waned a bit when he told her he would be leaving in the morning.

"Then we should enjoy the time until then. I'll have to thank them once I get the chance for helping you." She replied softly.

• Yay
He watched as her smile faded and looked away. He knew the moment he received the missive that was the look she would offer. Correction... He hoped that was the look she adopted. It meant she cared and though all signs before hand pointed to her feeling as such, there was a certain reassurance of just knowing.

Turning his gaze from her, he looked over the tent, wishing he had a candle as it was so terribly dark inside. Of course, being that there were surrounded by hay, that wouldn't have been the best plan. Toying with the wrapped bundles, he pulled at the clothe revealing a slice of lemon cake and then a baked tart.

"It will not be for long... You have your path and I have mine, but ours are entwined this I do know." Kerian tried his best to sound sure of that statement he had just made. Reaching over, he took hold of the cloak and offered it to her. He was fine with the chill in the air but there was no denying they were no longer in the embrace of the hall with it's blazing hearths.

"You know the buggards swore I was lying when I told them you were here and we were friends... Thank you... The look on their faces when you entered was priceless." he came to laugh as he grabbed the bottle of wine and after a moment of wrestling, uncorked it. "I know I spoke of not drinking too much... I just wanted to make sure we were able to walk over here though instead of stumbling about."

• Yay
She gave a reassuring smile to his statement about their paths. It brought a little relief that he felt the same as she about them being intertwined and made parting ways for the time being a tad easier. On her own she might feel different, but for the time she was well enough pleased with it.

She grinned at how his friends had doubted him, though she had to give them a small bit of credit.

"If I was as much a topic as I was told, meeting someone of such standing, nevermind being their friend, would likely be seem a bit lofty to them." She quietly explained. It would be similar to meeting commanders of other chapters in the templar, as most had associated stories of glory to match their positions.

When he took the bottle and explained his actions earlier, a small laugh came from her. A wise choice it had been to step away from what was served at the table then in order to indulge later and not be a fool while dancing.

"Now though we can drink ourselves silly and not worry about making a show of it. Excellent thinking on your part." Skuld applauded him for his forethought.

• Yay
"I have impecable foresight... A commanders view of the battle ground." He boasted as he waved to the treats he had stashed. "Choose your spoils." He enticed her.

As the templar did so, he went on to ask a rather import question. "I hope my mother and sister didn't haress you as much as I believed they did."

The pair of them together with her was a frightening thought. The questions, the teasing, the plotting. He shivered at the thought. Or perhaps he was just cold. He took a sip from the bottle in a attempt to warm up.

Outside the music continued to play and with it singing and laughter.

• Yay
Skuld shook her head with a soft chuckle, not realizing she had been in the company of one so thorough in their planning. She had accepted the cloak, but was scooting herself closer to him in an attempt to share the warm shelter he had provided. She knew that well away from the raging hearth inside, the night air was carrying a good chill with it.

"You had best get yourself some as well, unless you have decided to completely spoil me." She teased while making a mock grab for both treats. She covered her mouth with a piece of the tart she ate a small piece of the lemon cake. It seemed both were something she enjoyed, and the wine she took a sip of without taking the bottle from his hands.

She had licked the ends of her now desert-free fingers before wrapping her hand around his and guiding the bottle to her lips. A small smile appeared when she took her sip from the bottle, allowing him to take the bottle back.

"They didn't harass me, but I can clearly see where your sisters gets it from." Skuld sighed at the memory of his mother giving her a proper scare. "Gave me a good fright, your mother did, and I am sure that your sister would have built it up more had Lady McArthur not put a stop to it early."

• Yay
This was troubling. Keiran found everything Skuld did endearing! He watched with muted interest, sneaking glances as she first moved closer and then sampled both deserts before stealing a sip of the wine. She wasn't a dainty lass and he knew he enjoyed there, especially after she used his hand to help guide the bottle to her lips.

Of course her recount of the dealings with his family brought his attention back to the proper moment and he found all he could offer after first was a worried expression and a chuckle.
"You poor thing!" He consoled her. "At least we know they like you.... You have been gifted a rather flattering gown, her fashioned like a Highland girl, and I swear I saw a look adoration from my mother... Should I be worried? I feel like I unwittingly tip the scale in the ancient battle of man vs woman. Perhaps I should spoil you more so you aren't tempted and easily recruited by those scoundrels."

Keiran pondered the idea that he delivered nothing more then another schemer to the den of woman in his life as he reached across her for a treat. A piece of the lemon cake was torn free and brought back to his mouth, pausing to teasingly tap the desert against her own lips.

• Yay
When he mentioned the scales, her gaze fixed solidly on him, the joy of the moment fleeting for just a second and replaced with worry as she wondered if it truly all had been a joke. The piece of lemon cake in front of her brought her back for a second as she made to take a bite, stopping just short of the treat and retreating.

"Your mother stopped your sister from teasing me to bad by saying something in regards to tipping the scales." Skuld wheezed, his comments about earning the gown and hairstyle not entirely lost upon her though. She was very much glad to have their approval, even if it had been shown in such a way.

• Yay
He shook his head, huffed, and then settled with another taste of the wine, this time choosing to gulp. "Sorry... For the speed in which this is happening... I shall let them know we are friends... And if something is to happen... it will... At it's own course." He then popped the piece of cake into his mouth.

Rosa's pastries had a way of warming his heart and despite the small moment of anger he felt for that quick moment, it seemed to melt away. "They want to see me happy.... I cannot be to mad at them for that... Still..." He struggled to find the right words to convey what he felt at that moment. "It has been a long while since I laughed and smiled in earnest... When Seona passed... I lost myself to drink and sword... I distracted myself with studies of past battles and took to frowning all time as well... I know.. hard to imagine since all I do is grin like a drunkard near you... But once upon a time I adopted this air of anger... I was young and believed my best years behind me honestly, the fool-hearted thoughts of youth truth be told. I was angry because something out of my control took away someone I cared for... Sickness.. How does one combat that? Some ailments have no cure... I suppose I never sat and thought what her passing did to them though... Ella lost a sister and my mother, a daughter...My excited telling of the Templar I met spurred them on to say such things to you in some wild attempt into push you towards me... If we are to happen... it should be naturally... I deeply apologize for their teasing."

Keiran cleared his throat, looked to the bottle and offered a sad smile. He had been drinking since earlier and suppose the wine was taking it's hold on him. "Here's to our friendship... Which ever route it may take us, may it be filled with laughter, shared smiles, and delicious treats."

He raised the bottle in cheers, begrudgingly sipped, and then offered it to her. He would surely have a word with his mother and sister. In their excitement to see him happy, they were pushing this potential relationship to quickly along it's path. He could only imagine the lengths of which the teasing went to before his mother put a stop to it. Though spoken in a joking manner, there had to have been a level of truth to it all.

• Yay
"They mean well." Skuld replied quietly. "They're just a bit...excited perhaps."

Skuld couldn't blame them really, since it wasn't everyday that one's son brought home a templar friend that they may or may not be interested in. She listened to him as he spoke at length, offering her hand as he spoke. She found a good amount of what he said to hit a similar mark within herself. She had been a silly child at one point, blaming the world and thinking that she was the only one that had been affected by her brothers passing.

It had been a long time, but she had forced herself to reconcile as much as she could over the years. Her parents had been willing to forgive, even if some of her extended family hadn't readily done so.

"There's no need to apologize for them. I was just surprised. I mean, other than you, no one treats me like a lady. No joking or teasing, so you shouldn't bother with chastising them. Alright?" Skuld replied in kind as she took the bottle and took a hearty swig. "To our friendship, and to all it holds for us."

Skuld laid her head down on his shoulder, and held the bottle between them for a moment before taking another draw from the bottle.

"It was kind of funny now that I think about it." Skuld chuckled. "How have you lived so long with how quick they change to humor? I would have passed from embarrassment at a young age."

• Yay
Her reassuring words were a pleasant surprise but the placement of her head upon his shoulder managed to silence him all together. He found himself slowly leaning into her as well, cheek nuzzling into her hair. What ever oils they had used were intoxicating.

"The greatest threat to a mans sanity are those two." Keiran was quick to say when she mentioned how he survived with them. "I never knew what was a set up and what wasn't... I was lucky though when I realized had taken a liking to Eddard.. I was quick to point her attention towards him... You get use to it however... And I find the day they stop teasing is a day I will miss."

He wanted to ask about her brother.... But ultimately thought this may not have been the time. There would be another day for questions. In stead he reached over and wrestled the bottle from her grasp and took a swig. "I should have taken two bottles." He quickly realized.

• Yay
"I believe you mean the greatest threat to anyone." Skuld's eyes were wide for a brief moment to emphasize his amended point. He informed her of how quickly he had passed her attention to Eddard and she couldn't help but tease him a bit.

"How fair of you to point her teasing in his direction, on someone so unawares." Skuld chuckled as she used both hands to grasp the bottle in his hands and guide it to herself for a drink. After a small drink, she held onto the bottle and his hands.

"Yes, you should have. Though any more than two might have been asking for trouble." She informed him, gently leaning against him more.

• Yay
"Well said... I feel the realm has no idea the evil those two would cook up left unchallenged... And to my defensive, Eddard had it coming... Me and that dullard have been at odds ends since we were wee ones... He fancies himself the better swordsman... Ha!" He scoffed at the very thought.

Leaning past her once more, he claimed a bigger piece of the lemon cake. On the return, he would perform the same trick of teasing her, treat playfully tapping her mouth, though this time he would actually allow her to take a nimble.

"Aye... That would possible be bad if we were to drink more. I get all singy when I've tipped the bottle far to much.. And well that isn't fair for to anyone." Keiran was perfectly aware his singing voice was not the most flattering.

"Let us play a game...."The suddenness of the request shocked even himself as he chuckled lightly. "I have one time.... Fallen into a frozen pond because I thought the ice could bare my weight... Never had I been so cold before."

• Yay
Her eyes expressed the silent oh really? question that she had about her at the mention of either being a better swordsman. It made her wonder just how rough they got with each other in the heat of sparring with each other, and how many times the two had to be broken up. The expression was quickly replaced though when he said that he became a bard once drunk enough, and the smile showed a bit of interest at the prospect.

"Oh do you now? I've been told I get, clingy, when I have had to much. I doubt you have any arguments against that though." She smirked as she took a bite of the cake, leaving enough for Keiran to enjoy a bite as well. The sudden change to a game had her lazily looking to him in question until the game was clear.

A small chuckle came from her at thinking of the man falling into a frozen pond. Water was miserable enough without being cold. She thought a moment on her own retort, her head making a sharp twist as she gave her reply.

"I have one time, passed for a man. The quarter master was not happy to find out otherwise when we made landfall, but it allowed me on the journey." Skuld admitted, remembering one trip that had to be made by boat. The owner of the boat had a silly rule about women on his boat, thinking they were bad luck.

• Yay
His head reared back when she made mention of posing as a male to allow passage onto a boat he took setting his gaze upon her, green eyes taking in her form. He was not at all shy about it either as he spoke. "I find it hard to believe you could have fooled him." A compliment given with a grin.

"I... Was once held captive by Lionmen... It was a rather frightful affair... we were more guest then captive but they were not shy about mentioning the prospect of eating us..." He shook his head recalling the story to mind.

Shuddering as if he recalled a bad dream, Keiran took one more gulp before relinquishing the bottle of red to Skuld. From there he found himself laying all the way back, stretching out in the pile of hay he had fashioned as a bed more or less. If they were to hide away and spend sometime away from prying eyes, they ought to be comfortable after all.

• Yay
"Oh yeah, I didn't speak the whole time. I was a mute in armor, even slept in the suit. Uncomfortable but I can do it. Only way I could pass." Skuld informed him, noting the compliment. He continued the game, and the mention of lionman had her grimacing and taking the bottle.

"You've seen it too then!?" She yelled, her indignation at the beast man still present even after having seen it so long ago. She took a long drink before giving a satisfied sigh when the drink was away from her lips. "There was a lion beast in the woods that had made a mess of my camp before I met you that first night."

She held onto the bottle and laid herself onto his chest by crossing her arms there, hands keeping her chin off of his sternum as she looked at him with a smirk.

"I was once in a tent with someone I liked having wine and a private snack." She chuckled with a wide grin before waving away the joke.

• Yay
His eyes went wide when she made mention of Lionmen as well and he found himself thankful that she survived the encounter, and then oddly elated being that the beast caused her to venture into his camp site. It really worked out for them it seemed.

Of course his expression twisted some what when she made mention of being in a tent having wine and snacks with someone she liked. He had thought to be original. Of course a moment later, it registered that she had been talking about him. "You know.. For a moment I thought you were speaking about someone else."

He came to laugh at his own foolhearted thoughts.

"I... Once dared to not kiss a beautiful lady out of fear of rejection... Though I am told good things to those who dare... Or is it wait... Good things comes to those who wait."

• Yay
Her eyes were almost shut as she laughed, having watched his thoughts filter through until the moment she could almost hear the click when he put it all together.

"No, no, this is something I haven't done before." Skuld offered as he spoke more. She blinked a few times as she listened, trying to decide on which phrase she liked better at the moment. "I think a little bit of daring in life is good, and so is waiting. At the moment, daring seems more fitting."

She smiled a little at her own words. The wine was making her a bit more amiable, and maybe even loosening her tongue a bit.

It was at this moment, Keiran came to realized how utterly charmed he was by the Templar. She had proven to not fit the mold he had created in his head thanks to the stories of her daring deeds spun my traveling merchants. He had the simplest and vaguest idea of who she was and ever since she had wandered into his campsite, she had proven time and time again how unique she truly was.

He had come to view her as this free spirit, dedicated yet playful when need be. He clearly saw how lame it had been to attempt to conjure up a notion of her true character and delighted in the fact he would be surprised time and time again as he got to know her. She was nothing as he imagined and he was thankful. She was so much more.

"I once made a girl smile." He played the game still as he sat up, a determined look upon his brows.

With out skipping a beat, Keiran reached for her, single hand coming to gingerly cradle her chin before he drew the Templar in for a sweet soft kiss. This indeed was a time for daring actions and he would leave knowing he had no regrets.

She was still smiling when he spoke about making a girl smile, but it didn't stop that smile from reaching ear to ear as he sat up. The hand on her chin as he drew her in for a kiss was unexpected. She returned the kiss, her own hand finding his as she enjoyed the moment, enjoyed having him here with her. Even if it was only until morning. She broke their kiss for a moment and spoke.

"I once thought of how sad I would be when a special friend was leaving. I didn't want to regret what I did or didn't do." She quietly told him as she kissed him again, one hand twining into his as the other was placed softly on his side.

• Yay
He savored the kiss, getting lost in the moment as her hands entwined with his own. This would surely become a memory he would call upon to bring a smile to his face and no matter the distance or time apart spent from the Templar beauty, he would always have this first time to stir his heart.

Keiran held no concept of time as he pulled away from the kiss. A goofy smile was worn his face as he came to press his forehead against her own. Their in the silence of the tent, he soaked in what had just happened and thought of her words. "We may be parting ways far to soon... But our reunion will only be all the more sweeter... Once I am done I will find you... And any thoughts of regrets will be erased."

His promise to her.

• Yay
Warmth filled her in a way that wine could not. Their kiss lasted what felt like forever and yet seemed so short when it was broken. Had she been any further incapable of control she might have drawn him in for another until he began to speak.

Their lips so close together, she didn't fare to steal another moment like that as she floundered for words for a brief moment, excitement still holding her heart as she tried to wrangle in the racing thoughts.

"All the sweeter knowing I will have you once more. My only regret until then is that we are away from each other."
She smiled. She thought of the party once more and the small challenge he had made earlier.

"We should probably get back to the party before your mother and sister think to speak with the septon on their own." She whispered to him.

• Yay
In a way, he did managed to kidnap her, albeit for a little while. However all good things had to come to an end, and though he honestly could have spent all night there with her in their little hideaway, he knew in his heart that her words were true. "I suppose you may have a point.... You jest, but I wouldn't put it past those two to arrange such a thing. Let's return before to many take notice...But first..."

He stole a kiss, three in fact, his lips tapping her lips, nose, and then forehead. A devilish grin befell his face as he looked to her and then winked. Climbing to his feet, Keiran was sure to pull Skuld up as well. He knew if he lingered longer, there would be no hope of leaving.

"Ahem... Keiran, Lady Zajac... Lady MacArthur requests your presence." Eddard said from outside the tent.

His timing couldn't have been any better.