Private Tales Suadade

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
He conceded to her point, even if they were both reluctant to return. She did not believe for a second however that her words were a joke. She had a fair idea the two might very well do such a thing.

The kisses were well received and she welcomed him helping her up, allowing him to continue his gentleman duties as she brushed off her dress.

"Let's-" Skuld began before hearing Eddard outside call for their return. He couldn't see them, and for that she was thankful as her face turned a bright red. She felt very much like a child caught sneaking sweets from the kitchen in that moment.

He could tell by Eddard's tone the man was fully aware that they had been in there, alone and in private and seemed to feel embarrassed to have bothered them. Keiran seemed un-bothered, as he responded back.

"Thank you Eddard... Coming now." He said trying to adopt a normal voice.

This of course changed when he looked to Skuld. Narrowing his eyes on the account of the darkness, he leaned in close. "Why are you blushing? Now we are going to look like we were up to something! Act natural..." He playfully scolded her before laughing. "Your turning beet red!"

"Ahem... Keiran?" Eddard called out.

• Yay
Reactions: Skuld Zajac
Her eyes squinted at Keiran now, a bit miffed at his teasing which earned him a few playful slaps on the arm.

"Shush!" Skuld scolded back as she schooled her expression as best she could. Concentrating on his challenge seemed to help a bit as the color changed back to her regular tone slowly, giving him a nudge to lead the way.

"Let's go then. Or else it won't be a joke!" The tone containing a bit of laughter as she smiled.

• Yay
Reactions: Keiran MacArthur
"I think I like red on you....No... I know I like it." He continued to tease as he lead the way out, through the tent flap and past Eddard.

"Onward brother, mother beckons." He said in a sing song voice as Eddard kept pace with them.

It became quickly apparent as to why they had been summoned. A procession had been formed and a knot of town folk were moving from the courtyard and through the gates, downward along the the path. It seemed it had become time to light the pyre in his fathers honor and their presence was required. Keiran knew his mother had a few words to say and a rather important act to commit to.

Eddard would quickly look to their faces before training his gaze forward at the crowd of villagers that laid ahead. He was awkward in his approach and it was clear he had no desire to speak on the subject, yet felt compelled to. "I... Wouldn't have disturbed you if there was no need.. I-"

Keiran laughed, shaking his head and clamping his free hand onto his brother in laws shoulder. "No worries, we were just about to join everyone in fact, isn't that right my lady."

Keiran's green eyes turned to Skuld, hoping the cold night air would help disguise her redden cheeks.

• Yay
"You are likely to see it often enough." Skuld muttered as she followed behind him, avoiding Eddard's gaze for the time being. She was watching the crowd as the two spoke, a small smirk appearing as she realized Eddard was just as embarrassed as she was.

"We were, yes." She replied, her cheeks now comfortably red enough to pass as the chill of the air. She kept pace with them and didn't offer anything more of an explanation.

• Yay
On a normal night, he'd continued to poke and prod at her discomfort, going far enough to tease in the most playful of manners of course. However this was no normal night. This was everything but a normal night.

Her hand held in his, Keiran led Skuld into the sea of gathered people and joined them in rank. Most held their hands clasped together in silent prayer and others adopted a solemn look upon their faces. Gone was the happiness they experienced moments before however.

"A walk of remembrance... We usually burn our dead, returning them to ash... However we have many brothers and sisters employed by the realm who never return... Each month there is a walk of remembrance, followed by a pyre... Tonight we honor my father and the other Highlanders who are never to walk these lands again." Keiran filled her in. He spoke in a hushed tone as to not draw to much attention.

• Yay
She was glad that she had not attempted to find her intended target within the crowd. Keiran filled her in on the details of the walk they now were on, and her mood shifted to a somber one. She gave his hand a careful squeeze, hoping he could draw some comfort from this gathering of people and her as well.

"A walk is a good way of drawing closer those who have lost and give them support they may not know is there." She replied quietly, her head bowed enough to keep her eyes on the ground before them. This was a show of love for those that were no longer with them, something that she may have never known happened in her life. Something that she may never have been able to properly appreciate in that time as well.

• Yay
Keiran simply offered a small sad smile and squeezed her hand in return as they continued on with the crowd. The town folk gathered a little ways off the path, stopping before a large pyre. Beside it, Lady MacArthur stood along with the Septon and Ella, all wearing cloaks of their House colors. Both ladies appeared to hold onto another set of cloaks of black cloth and yellow trimming.

As the crowd came to a stop, Eddard, Keiran, with Skuld in tow, cut a slow path to join beside Duncan and the rest. "I'll be back shortly."

Keiran smiled once more and released his hold on her hand. He came to stand beside his mother and she slowly came to place the cloak over his shoulders. He smiled fondly to his mother who placed a kiss upon his cheek before drawing in a deep breath.

"Gathered family... We are here this night in remembrance of those who will not return to these blessed lands. Though worlds apart, we remember and honor their sacrifices and gather here to pay tribute to them." The Septon spoke, his voice commanding and practiced, the voice of someone use to talking to large crowds. He continued on to lead a prayer, asking everyone to take hands at some point. In the end, he was given a torch that he passed on to Lady MacArthur.

"This day... This day I had dread for so long... This day which is a period at the end of a very long and beautiful sentence. My husband loved you all.. The people.. His people... Normally we do not celebrate on this day... We morn our losses... And I do apologize for giving into this selfish request, but my husband told me not to be shed much tears on his behalf and to celebrate his life... And so we have... And as the wine continues to pour we shall continue... So please... Let us not gather here in silence... let us share in laughter and love.. Let us remember those who had departed properly.. With stories of treasured moments..." Lady MacAthur turned to the pyre and set it to flame.

"We set this flame to set a marker, to show that even in death, those we love still shine brightly... This is suppose to mark the end of something... But let us use this moment to set forth a beginning. We have lost our Lord Protector.... And though the realm has seen to appoint Lord MacArthur's brother to voice our concerns, we are still with out a lord here...." Lady MacArthur went on to speak. "And though Keiran has returned, his service is to that of all the realm... As such, such responsibilities as seeing to Edenham shall be in my care. However as crafty as I am, I have little skill with a sword nor the mind to wield one... As such I find myself in need of a Sword... Lord Eddard... Please step forward."

Lady MacArthur stood proudly, a glorious sight with the pyre burning brightly behind her as Eddard stepped to her, sinking to one knee as neared her. "Lord Eddard, do you swear to serve the MacArthur clan, to act as it's sword in time of need. Will you act with the integrity and chivalry befitting your title an do the utmost to represent not only yourself but the MacArthur clan as those before you have? Will you lead by example of honor and bravery when called upon?"

"I will, Lady MacArthur." Eddard said, his head lowered in respect.

"I henceforth bestow the title of Sword of Edenham upon Lord Eddard." Lady MacArthur finished.

Applause and cheering erupted for one of Edenham's favorite sons as his wife draped him in a cloak bearing her family's colors. Keiran would move over to hug his brother in law, who was stone face as ever. His eyes told a different story. He was proud and emotional in his own way.

It would seem that bard saw fit to start playing once more as Keiran peeled away and joined Skuld once more.

"Theatrics... But one of the better ones..." He mused. "Should we retire for the night? I imagine this lot aims to celebrate all night."

• Yay
Skuld took note of how everyone stood near a large pyre as Keiran gave her hand a squeeze in return. His mother and sister stood with someone off to the side wearing cloaks in their family colors as they cut a careful path towards Keiran's friends. She was left in their care as both men continued to walk on towards the other three before donning a cloak as well. She listened to the other man speak before leading everyone in prayer.

It had been some time since she had prayed in earnest, but she did so tonight and held the hands of those around her when the time came. The torch was passed to his mother, and after her words were spoken, lit the pyre beside her. She continued to speak, and while her heart went out to the woman, she did not want to disrespect the wishes of a man that had passed. Titles were laid before all those in attendance, and Eddard stepped forth to take the mantle as Sword of Edenham.

She gave a quiet applause to the man out of respect as Keiran gave the man a hug before joined her once more. His question garnered a wicked smile from her, drawing him into a hug before speaking into his ear with a hushed tone.

"We shall retire after a few more desserts have been had, and everyone has had a thorough laugh." Skuld whispered as she pulled away from him, giving him her arm and keeping them at a pace behind his gathered friends.

• Yay
His response to her words were an quizzical look, eyes narrowing upon his companions face. Just what did she have planned he wondered? He followed along as his friends lead the way back up to the estate. Fair wells were bidden as the celebration would continue in the town itself where as those who stayed with in the walls would continue to drink, eat, and dance in modest.

"I quite enjoy this devilish side to you..." He whispered after a moment. "Not as much as your lips though..." Well they were out in the cold and if she blushed, well, she was just a victim to the weather.

"Keiran!" Skuld whispered in surprise to him as she blushed with a deep inhale. Her face was red, but it was hard to tell if it was from the night air or his words. She quickly fixed her expression, giving a smile to the men as they looked behind them towards the pair.

They would enter the hall once more, Skuld making another pass on the desserts table before making Keiran walk around with her. If anyone talked with them while she waited, Skuld would speak politely and be incredibly kind. After thirty minutes of this, very closely cutting into the edge of her patience, she saw her chance. The last few minutes she had spent on a thought that had bothered her from earlier.

She had stared intently at Keiran's face, the spot between his eyes, and seemed intent on seeing something as her eyes went wide before looking away. It was indeed a bit crooked she thought, now unable to ever look at him without first seeing his nose.

When her gaze had drifted away, she spied Weis finishing his drink next to Duncan and Howard. She released Keiran's arm, and with surprising stealth, crept up behind the unsuspecting man while her hand took a pinching form. If the other men noticed her, they gave no sign to her as she imitated a goose hiss before pinching the man just above the knee with a few fingers. In quick succession of the pinch, the words came from her mouth.

"Gods, Weis, a goose!" She squawked just loud enough for those around them to hear. She was likely a sight, in such a splendid dress and hairstyle, sneaking up behind the man and literally goosing him.

• Yay
He laughed, long and genuine living in her playful embarrassment. He could see them sharing many more moments like this in their life and was quick to look away. Bad enough she was blushing, he needed share in her fate and have her tease him next for following. Finding themselves back in the hall, time seemed to go by, Keiran moving along with his lady to hunt for my treats, stopping for small talk when need be.

He then found the Templar staring, intently at his face and he was lost in the moment. She seemed to be looking, for what perhaps he wouldn't know. He just knew he felt his cheeks growing warm. He could nae recall a time where someone really looked at him as such. And then the moment was over, and as sudden as it had begun it ended and Skuld was onto the next thing. He watched, curious as a cat, as she took off, sneaking away. It wasn't until she neared Weis that he came to realize what was happening.

"Heaven's" He blurted as Ella appeared beside him, a look of confusion on her face.

"What is going on?" She questioned her face holding a measure of loss as the pair watched Skuld as she struck.

All. Hell. Broke. Loose. Weis was in the middle of taking a big gulp when Skuld hollered about a goose and proceeded to pinch him. The man known for his flight of foot spat his wine onto the table, eyes wide eye as he attempted to leap from his chair. Of course he was seated so that meant his knees slammed into the table. The act was repeated, Weis slamming into the table repeatedly as he frantically tried to escape.

"Where where!!!" He cried in fear, the wine dulling his senses thankfully for their expense.

Laughter in a unmeasured manner erupted as everyone watched first and then exploded. When Weis finally realized what had happened, he collapsed onto the table top, his face crushing a wine soaked cake as he steadied his breathing and then laughed.

"Bastards.. The whole lot of you." Weis wheezed as he laughed.

As Keiran began to calm down, he started across the expanse of the hall towards Skuld, a old twinkle in his eye. "I'm going to marry her..." He thought out loud, only Ella close enough to hear this proclamation.

• Yay
She could not contain the laughter that welled up at the sight of the man trying to escape so desperately. She staggered a few steps away from where she had been, nearly doubled over with jubilant laughter as she heard the rest of the room join her. She calmed enough after a few minutes of laughter to stumble back over to Weis and pat him on the back.

"Now I forgive you for earlier." She managed while catching her breath. A gusty breath coming from her as she looked to Keiran and Ella with a smile. Her eyes bright with joy and her smile blending with a bit of laughter.

• Yay
"Brother.... You did good." Ella said with a knowing grin as she wandered off to join her husbands side.

Keiran quickly moved over to Skuld, his own smile breaking into a chuckle. "I couldn't have asked for more." he chirped. "You truly are devious in the best of ways." A honest compliment given to her.

• Yay
Keiran spoke to her, and she had to take a few breaths to allow herself time to calm down from laughing before she could respond. "That I am, and now you owe me a life's debt, sir." Skuld chirped back, immensely proud of herself and unaware of just what that prize may have very well meant at the time.

• Yay
“Hmph... I suppose you have a point...” he said having realized his words to her earlier. “Then know that I am yours to command until you see fit to release me from my oath.”

She had kept her end of the bargain, it was only fair he kept his after all. With the smile widen upon his face, it was clear he had little objection to this.

Last edited:
  • Yay
It wasn't quite a smirk that appeared at his words, nor could it be rightly called a smile. It fell somewhere between the two as she extended her hand to him once more.

"I'll keep your oath in mind. For now, let's retire for the evening." She sighed, her final chuckles gone.

• Yay
Keiran felt inclined to agree, looking to everyone in the hall enjoying themselves. The night would continue on, alas with out this pair.The highlander had never been good at farewells, choosing to simply watching the happenings with a sad smile on his face. His mother caught his eye and she offered a little wave at best, knowing his departure was early in he morn and wishing not to make a fuss. Keiran then looked to his friends, seated at their table with fair maidens and drinks a plenty. Duncan ward the only to notice him, raising a mug and offering a nod. This wouldn't be the last time he saw these men, that he knew to be true.

Ella's words echoed in his head as he turned to Skuld and offered his arm. He did good. That was enough to bring a smile to his face and he wondered, not for the first time this night, if his face would hurt come tomorrow morning. He hand't felt like this in some time. Taking the lead in their quiet escape, he left the hall behind them, leading her up the stairs to the east wing of the estate, pausing halfway down the hall to stop at a door.

"I believe this is the room Ella had prepared for you if I'm not mistaken."

• Yay
She gazed for a while at the door, thinking on the night they had shared. She hadn't expected to have the privilege of sharing in this event to commemorate his late father. But it had made her all the more glad to have made the trip here on a whim. Even if his sister and mother had been an experience all their own.

Turning to him when he spoke, she gave him a small nod.

"It is." Skuld stated, looking at her hands a moment. "When will you be leaving tomorrow?"

• Yay
"Early in the mourn, before you and the sun rise... Heed this warning, I am terrible at good byes..." He thought it fair to prepare her. "But for you.. For you I will say goodbye in my own way."

He stood there, watching her and wondering why. Why did this moment feel so difficult. He knew they would see each other, it was just a question of when. And perhaps not knowing when was the source of this moment. There was a growing gorge forming between them that he had chosen not to see up until then he realized. The idea of not being beside her nothing more then an unwwated thought. If he could, he'd turn away and shirk his duties that had been laid before him. This caused the smallest of laughs to part his thin lips as it dawned upon him, and not for the first time that night, how she had come to effect. In such a short time, the Templar had done away with the walls he placed around his heart and rendered him helpless.

• Yay
She was curious as to how he was terrible at goodbyes, but tried to prepare herself for whatever he had in store. A quizzical brow went up as a small laugh came from him, her face showing her confusion as she addressed him.

"A laugh for a goodbye? Your warning was a good idea then." Skuld teased him a bit, doubting that it was his intended farewell, but still cautious of what else he may have up his sleeve.

• Yay
"In truth I wish I didn't have to go... Today I find myself spoiled." Keiran admitted before reaching to take her hands in his own.Their hands mirrored each others, calloused and worn, the hands of a person who knew steel well. He loved it.

"You should rest... Skuld.. " He tested her name upon his lips and found he enjoyed the sound. "Would hate to be accused of keeping you up to late."

• Yay
"You aren't the only one." She replied in kind to his first words. Their hands meshed, and she enjoyed the feeling of his world worn hands. They sang a similar tune to her own, and she was all the happier for knowing that they at least shared that small thing in common. He spoke, saying her name as though it was new to him, earning him a small smile as she looked at him once more.

She listened to him speak before daring in that moment to step forward and kiss him. She wanted the moment to last for longer than it did. As she pulled though away, she thought about how many times in the future she might have to do such a thing. It made the parting a tad less bitter for her at least, and thought it a proper farewell for him.

"Get some rest, Keiran. You will need it." She spoke, a hopeful smile appearing for him.

• Yay
The touch of her lips against his was sudden and welcomed and in the end, he wished it lasted longer. There was a aching in his heart as it ended and he found himself stepping back, her words of farewell echoing in his head. Speaking of rest was easy, but would he actually get any that night? A faint smile creased his lips and he offered a comically bow to her. He feared any more words would result in his staying.

And just like that, he was off, heading to his own room.

Surprisingly, he found sleep came easy that night and he had awoken with a vigor he had not felt in some time. He felt alive. True to his word, his rose before the sun and before most of the people in the the estate in fact. The night before claimed many victims and he was elated to see many still crowded the hall, lost to a drunken slumber. Stealing a oak cake to serve as his breakfast, the Highlander stifled a laugh, delighted that the celebration continued in his absence. Before setting off, Keiran readied his belongings and left the estate for a moment to collect his parting gifts for his farewell to the Templar.

Now he hovered outside her door, a phantom of the night before. He wanted to enter, to steal one last longing glance upon her sleeping face, but he knew better. He instead took to his knee and placed a small bundle on the floor. He smiled to himself as he slowly rose to his feet.

"Not so bad at this goodbye." He mused as he made way for the stables.

Queen, his steed, war ready to go, excitedly snorting as he approached. She was ready to stretch her legs it would seem as he patted the side of her muscled neck and then move to mount her. Hand firmly on the horn of the saddle as he shifted himself, he took in a deep breath and gently spurred Queen into a slow trot towards the gates. A firm nod served as his goodbye to the men manning the gates and walls and once he had cleared it, he took the reins in hand and together with Queen, vanished down the sloping path, picking up pace.

When she opened her door, Skuld would be greeted with a single rose and though not the color of her order, the single red flower was a sight to behold. Beside it, a collection of the colorful dandelions he showed her were bound together, for use when she wished to make tea. Lastly there was a small note in which he had scrawled, "Not so bad a goodbye for you... Till next time our lips meet."

She returned his smile, and when he gave her a dramatic bow, she gave him one in kind. He quickly set off for his own room as she slowly entered her own. Her eyes lingered on him as he walked away, only breaking her gaze as he finally went out of sight. She entered her room, unsure of how to take down the delicate pattern that had been placed into her hair. She did her best to make it comfortable for laying in bed, but the majority of the pattern remained.

Her fingers traced the design, and smiled at the time she had spent with Keiran's mother and sister to prepare for the evening they had shared. Undressing for bed, she was sure to find the small symbol she had been given by Keiran before slipping into sleep.

She was surprised how well she had slept. Well rested, and feeling a bit more peppy than usual, she stretched. Old scars protested against the stretching. She rubbed the aching spots on her side before dressing for the day. The sun was already up, and Keiran had stated that he would be leaving well before everyone else was awake. She was surprised that she had slept so late into the day, but dressing in her road gear, she bundled her armor as best she could before opening the door to her room.

Nearly missing the present at the foot of the door, she came to the stuttering halt spying the rose. Setting aside the bundle of metal, she picked up the bundle on the floor. A smile appearing as she sorted through the dandelions and found the note.

She fanned her face with the note, and looked over the rose.

"Till next time." She whispered.