Private Tales Suadade

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
He smiled, shyly at first before breaking into a full on grin. "As my lady wishes."

He had succumbed to addressing her as his lady and would continue to do so unless checked. He was sure his sister would be quick to catch onto that. He nearly sighed at the thought of having to deal with Ella after they returned. She would be well readied to commence with the teasing.

Keiran would bring one hand to rest on top of her own, lingering a moment before taking hold. Now standing there, holding her hand, he gesture with a cant of his head. "Shall we?"

Though he posed a question, he would begin to move before she answered.

• Yay
Reactions: Skuld Zajac
"I'll have to inform Rosa that you have remained quite the gentleman for our walk." Skuld informed him after he had addressed her. She did not correct him, content that the word had not been followed by her name.

Her hand welcomed the touch, the slight tightness of her own grip a sure sign of future hand holding to be had.

Only a slight nod was given in response to his question, her steps matching his as they walked back to the house.

"I'll have to ask Ella for something more comfortable to wear after I'm clean and presentable. Everything I brought is likely in dire need of a thorough washing." Skuld noted with a slight frown. She wondered if the other woman might have something to fit her, or if she would have to ask for a man's closet for more fitting attire.

She plucked at the gambeson she wore while lost in her own thoughts, the frown deepening a little in the silence. The pinch on her attire fell away as she looked upward, the frown turning to a light smile as she guessed as to what she might be presented with to wear.

• Yay
Reactions: Keiran MacArthur
Talk of clothing had him thinking of what he would wear later this night. It had been years since he had last worn one but he figure a kilt was in order. Seeing how she picked at her gambeson he moved to assure her she had nothing to worry about.

"I am sure Ella will be able to help you... I am also sure she will be thrilled to have you to play with.. I apologize if she drives you into insanity however... Please endure." He started off so hopeful, but by the end it appeared as if he were sending her off into battle.

Nearly the pathway once more, he made sure she was on the proper side and pulled her ever so closer.

• Yay
"I very much doubt she will do such a thing. If it comes to that point, I will come get you for support." She teased, trying to make light of his observation. She eased into place beside him, allowing him to take the dangerous side of their walk.

Had her family seen such a sight as they were now, they would likely have ribbed her mercilessly if they got past the shock of seeing someone holding her in such a way.

"I imagine having another woman in the house, even as a guest, has caused her great delight."
She mused while thinking of what she might receive later from his sister's attention.

• Yay
"Aye... She does have a glow about her... I suspect you two will become fast friends... Whether you agree to it or not." Keiran laughed at the though, the smaller but perhaps feistier Ella demanding friendship from the battle harden Templar.

"We have not had someone to fill such a role in some time..." Keiran said next, his words holding a measure of thought. They were expressive in the sense placed great value in them. "I was married once... More then.. a decade ago I believe." He assured her with a sad smile. He didn't wish Skuld to think he had sort her company after just loosing someone elses.

Before questions could be asked he explained further. "Ella's friend... Seona. Our families were close... She was a lively girl, filled with much spirit and humor.. She was also sickly, I'm sadden to say."

He eluded to her fate by mentioning the last part.

"Sorry... I don't mean to place pressure upon you... That you must become friends with Ella, and certainly I do not wish to impose the thought you must live up to any expectations... I just feel that I can share with you.. I want to share with you..." The air seemed to grow heavy. He was admitting to wanting to share feelings with her. "Just like how you are going to share how I was a perfect gentleman with Rosa... I seriously appreciate that. She wields that wooden spoon like a great sword and swings twice as hard."

He brought humor to the moment. Not sure how his current companion would take to the news that yes, he had been married ages before.

• Yay
"It would be nice, agreement or no." Skuld informed him, listening intently as he began an explanation. He informed her that he had been married almost a decade ago, and she couldn't really be surprised. He was an excellent man, from what she had seen of him so far. He continued, informing her that the woman had been Ella's friend. And it seemed that she passed away due to illness.

Which was a shame for someone to experience the passing of a loved one. She wanted to stop them on their path, but he continued to speak, and she allowed him to lead on while he did so. Hearing him try to explain, then switch to humor was kind on his part, and she wanted to ease those worries.

She gently stopped him after they had cleared the hill to their side, and pulled him into a hug. It was a short one, but she gave him a soft smile, holding his face in her hands. She blinked a few times to make sure she had his attention before speaking.

"I cannot expect a man as wonderful as you to go so long without having been married. I can say I have never married, but the Templar are strict about that part of life." She dropped her gaze after she finished speaking, attempting to put them back to walking as she wrapped her hand in his.

"And you should not worry, I will not forget to tell Rosa, if only to spare you the spoon." She threw a bit of humor back at him, unsure if he wanted to continue that conversation at the moment. She hadn't seemed bothered, but her reply had been sincere.

• Yay
Her embrace, though unexpected, was readily welcomed once he realized what she was doing. He had but a moment to put one arm around her but it was a moment he would not soon forget. Concerns washed away once she made it clear she was accepting of his past, he walked with Skuld hand in hand.

However just as she was accepting of his life, he too would have to be accepting of her own. Being a Templar was a big part of that. He wanted to make sure she would not regret any decision she set upon, regardless of how he would end of feeling. he wanted to remind her of that, but thought better not to do such. They had covered so much this day regarding how they felt and he had already said something to this effect earlier. Instead, he focused on something else.

"Yes the fearless caretaker of the MacArthur's... O'l Rosa is a hearty warrior that strikes fear in most.. Namely troublesome children and hard headed men." He was sure to point at himself so there was no mistaking who he was referring. Now if he was calling himself a hard headed man of a troublesome child was left up to debate.

"Oh!" he said excited as they rounded the bend back to the main path. "Rosa is also a fine baker.. And sweets you can think of that should be made tonight?"

Maybe he was a troublesome child... With a sweet tooth.

As they walked, his own worries seemingly thrown to the wind, the jab at himself was met with a half smile as he explained how fearsome Rosa was, showing that even the children were wary of slighting the woman.

When he made mention of cooking sweets, the glance to him was likely noticed. Delicacies such as baked goods were uncommon on the road. An unlikely reward for Templars that happened upon troubled villages.

"I have a liking for pastries...and other similar treats." she replied. "I'm sure whatever she adds to the meal will be more than welcome."

• Yay
Her response would only cause Keiran to narrow his eyes upon her. Now he found himself curious as to what she may choose. He would have Rosa bake several treat and see which she favored... Then next time, he could surprise her with the pastry prize.

"I accept your challenge." He then said. This could very well confuse her as there was no formal challenge ever issued. He was hoping to rouse questioning from her however and have a spot of more fun. Of course as they rounded the bend and came into view of the main road and the entrance of the estate, Keiran noticeable tensed.

Standing there was a beautiful older woman, dignified in appearance. She wore a beautiful yellow and black gown, and her fiery red hair was done in a long single braid. She waited at the mouth of the entrance, for them it would seem.

"And there's my mum..." He said seemingly a little nervous.

• Yay
Her brow shot up in surprise to his announcement of a challenge accepted. Which made her chuckle.

"I don't believe I issued a challenge. Whatever you have in mind, I am curious to see." Skuld informed him with a smirk. The man was full of surprises that she had yet to even guess at.

When a woman came into view, her confusion was quickly remedied, though she was a little concerned about his apprehension.

"That isn't a issue, is it? Granted she likely wants to meet me since introductions have not been made."
Skuld noted, a little concern in the last of her words. He had said that he and his sister took after their mother, and she wondered briefly if either held a candle to the woman before them.

• Yay
"That's her mad face..." He said, squinting to take in the detail of his mothers face. Pressed lips, furrowed brow. He looked to Skuld and made comical worried face. "I may have forgotten I promised to meet her at the church... Don't worry, she won't be mad at you... Skuld... If I don't survive this.. I want you to know, we would have been amazing."

And with that bit said, he offered a wide smile towards his mother. "Mum!" He called out.. And she threw a apple at him.

The throw was wide and arched, so it was easy enough to catch, which he did with his free hand, though as he caught it, he held a confused look upon his face. Why was she launching apples?

"Break your word again, the next thing I toss at you might have a pointy end." The threat left her lips so easily. "Now, who is this lovely young lady your hands are locked with?"

"Mother, this is Lady Skuld Zajac.... Skuld this extremely lovely and nice sweet woman is my mother, Lady Meredith MacArthur." He was attempting to butter her up it seemed.

"Pleasure my dear... My husband and myself had nothing but good dealings with your own family though they weren't many. I take it you are the daughter who left to join the Templars?" Lady MacArthur said, well informed it seemed. "Keiran, you failed to tell me how beautiful she is"

"Well mot-" Keiran went to speak before his mother cut him off.

"I'm still mad with you Keiran... You do not get to speak until you go and speak with the Septon... Now go..." She waved her son on before reaching out for Skuld. "She will be in good company... Come Lady Zajac, we must talk."

• Yay
His mention of that being her mad face had her glancing at him with worry. Which he promptly followed up with a bit of comedy as he prepares himself to address his mother. He had forgotten to meet her at the church.

That may well have been her fault with her abrupt arrival and stealing his time.

The woman lobbed an apple, and then followed the throw with a threat. Her eyes widened a bit as she stifled a laugh. Fiesty indeed.

Her comment of youth and beauty had Skuld drawing up short as Keiran made the introductions between them. Skuld giving the woman a courteous be before noting how well the woman knew of her.

"I am indeed that daughter. My father always seemed glad that I took after my mother when it came to looks, but I hardly hold a candle to her when she was in her youth." Skuld chimed with a smile laugh. In truth, she looked exactly as her mother had and was dismissive of the resemblance.

Meredith dismissed her son quickly and reached for, changing hands quietly as she watched the man as his mother took her company.

Her confusion was evident as she looked to him with a nod, unsure of what would the day would now hold.

• Yay
"Mouth closed, you look like a wrong dear son." Lady MacArthur chastised as she lead Skuld away. Keiran dis as instructed, mouth closed as he watched his mother lead the Templar off.

Being that he had just been scolded for forgetting his promise to his mother, he decided following her wishes and going to speak with the Septon was the best course of action, least he earn her wraith once more.

"Perhaps I was mistake when I said Rosa was the most fearsome..." He mumbled to himself as he made his way down the path.

Lady MacArthur in turn led Skuld back to the estate and through the gates into the courtyards, all the while commanding the conversation.

"So my dear... I must warn you.. He is hard headed and easily distracted. A pretty little thing like you was all it took for him to forget about his dear old mother.. Make sure you always remain the pretty little thing with in his line of sight else I fear he will get lost on some adventure following behind a cute little puppy or duckling." Lady MacArthur was no stranger to a good jest it seem.

"Now I understand the need for you to wear such things in the life you need, and worry not, I am not here to cast judgement upon you. The Highlands are no stranger to warrior woman who would sooner wear mail then a gown, I myself have been seen in boiled leather with a bow in hand in my younger years." She paused smiling over to Skuld. Upon closer inspection, the Templar may have noticed the fine lines and wrinkles that she wore with dignity and the streaks of gray that lined her hair. "However there are no battles to be fought here, least not with swords or bow... A dress would look lovely on you.... However I will not force anything upon you for my sake, merely suggest.... And since we are talking suggestions, might I suggest a spring wedding... With the flowers in bloom it would be lovely... Of course if you would like to do so sooner, we can plan for a winter wedding as well."

Her ability to flow from one topic to the next was unrivaled as well as her deliverly. Most would not blame Skuld if she failed to realized how easy Lady MacArthur carried the conversation into a joke without skipping a beat. The only clues she would offer were the devilish twinkle in her side gaze and the faintest of smirks.

• Yay
When she was lead away, she intently listened to he woman. A small laugh escaping at the continued mention of Keiran's hard headed nature.

"I was able to catch a small glimpse of that hard headedness this morning between he and Ella over breakfast." She chuckled, the remark about her being a pretty little thing bringing a small tinge of color to her cheeks. Only showing the white marks that resided there more clearly.

"Should I stay in his sight, I would have to be perpetually catching him. He nearly tumbled earlier with me in front of him." Skuld joked back to the woman. She was beginning to like this woman quite a bit.

The mention of her clothing once more made her think back to her wanting to find Ella for more, suitable attire. It seemed as though his mother was quite well aware of her need for it though as she continued.

She could imagine their mother in full kit, wielding a bow and her commanding presence without much trouble. If her current stature seemed a hint at her hinted appitutde, it had been a splendid sight to be sure.

The conversation took a sudden turn that she had never thought it could take. Her eyes were wide as she looked to the woman, trying to form a response and only managing to fumble over herself.

"I hadn't thought, I mean surely-" Skuld did not take notice of the jest, having a terrible time of making a coherent sentence. "I have only just arrived and-"

Thoroughly flustered at the thought of a wedding, her mind raced at the mention of being wed. After the morning she and Keiran had shared, it had not yet crossed her mind in the slightest. The older woman would see a sight that few in their life thought to have ever seen.

Skuld at a loss for words.

• Yay
"Heaven's child, I am having a laugh..." Lady MacArthur informed her before breaking into a fit. She even had to slow her pace and stop before she finally calmed down. "I couldn't resist, I promise though... First and last time..."

She wore a wide smile as she wiped at her eyes. It had been a while since she had a laugh quite like that one. "What you and my son choose to or not do, are entirely up to you too... As long as you are kind to him, whether it be as a friend or something more, that is all I expect." The matriarch of the MacAthurs wanted it to be known she held no expectations. "Though I will share with you this bit of wisdom... These old eyes did spy the pair of you embracing... Keiran fancies you... And the way your cheeks are red and you have yet to rebuke my talk of marriages tells me you feel the same. It's plain as day. Now I know yours is not an easy life.. Just.. Choose wisely.. Matters of the heart can grow confusing at times."

She ended her talk with a gentle hand upon Skulds shoulder. "And nonsense, you are just as beautiful as your mother... You have my poor boy tripping over himself after all."

Lady MacArthur lead the way towards the mainhall where Ella had just exited and waved the pair over.

• Yay
The woman's laughter halted the bungled task of trying to respond. Realization that is was meant as a joke dawned on her, and though the color did not leave her face, her eyes narrowed at the woman. She was far better than Ella at smoothly changing from business to jest. A sure bet that this was the source of Ella's propensity for the art.

"Friends to start. We would like to learn about each other." Skuld informed the woman quietly. Even admitting that to her was a bit unnerving. She did not know how that all would play out considering that most within the order gave their lives, and never sought out any other life that she had heard of. "And there is the matter of my Templar status."

The gentle hand on her shoulder led her back to an easier part of the conversation, for a brief second. She gave the woman a nod at the last part as they headed toward Ella. The evening could only become more lively now that both McArthur ladies had Skuld firmly between them.

• Yay
"My daughter has a bath being readied for you... Feel free to take as much time as needed, I remember my time out in the hills weren't filled with relaxing baths, so no one will say anything if you decided to spend the night in the comfort of water." Lady MacArthur said.

"Keiran will say something.. He would be sure to miss her.. And possible attempt a peek." Ella added with a suggestive tone.

"Daughter mind yourself.... Lady Zajac is our guest and a friend of your dear brother... We do not poke fun at our guest, especially when she may one day join our ranks and tip the scale in our favor." Lady MacArthur was quick to point out. It seemed she was happy with having teased Skuld that one time and would refrain from doing so again.

"As always, your wisdom is appreciated." Ella said though she added a sigh. She would have to save her quips for her brother it seemed. "So Skuld... How shall we dress you tonight?"

• Yay
"That sounds wonderful, but I would like to enjoy everyone's company tonight at the table. I will keep my bath reasonable." The relief was plain in her face as she spoke, trying to add a bit of humor to the conversation.

Ella's humor was not lost on her though as she made comments about Keiran. Shaking her head as she listened to Meredith speak before Skulds eyes went wide towards the woman once more. They did so enjoy teasing her.

The scales may as well be tipped since you will have no rebuke from me, Skuld thought to herself while refraining from commenting on the woman's observation. Then the conversation she wanted to have earlier presented itself.

"I think..." Skuld began as she looked down at her road worn clothing. "I don't have the slightest idea. I want to change out of this, but I don't have anything besides more gear with me really." She looked a tad dismayed at her clothing.

"I actually was thinking of asking for your help earlier with this problem." Skuld admitted, a frown accompanied the dismayed tone.

• Yay
"I have a very lovely dress in mind. Deep blue... Would compliment your eyes... And are we doing something with your hair?" Ella was first to respond her pwn gaze narrowing upon Skuld, much like a painter looking upon a blank canvas.

"Lady Skuld I fear you have stumbled upon a beast... Ella will stop at nothing to see you dressed, prim and propper like." LAdy MacAthur chuckled.

"Nothing wrong with looking like a lady." Ella replied, adopting a annoyed tone. "Or maybe a green dress."

• Yay
"Deep blue?" Skuld pulled at the deep green of the clothes she was wearing. She had always chosen green for herself, but blue might have been better suited. Not like she had ever truly given it much though beyond it just being clothing to cover up with.

"I was actually just going to let it down, but whatever is most appropriate, I guess." Skuld shrugged, the gods only knew the last time something had actually been done with her long hair. The rich brown locks had, for those that could remember even to her younger days, always been kept in a tight bun well out of the way.

"I am realizing this to late." Skuld wilted a bit as Ella focused on her quite intently. "Green is good, though it will likely take the evening to achieve that goal Ella." Skuld assured the woman quickly.

• Yay
"Confidence... I hear men like it... Why do you think Eddard is so enamored with my very presence. Confidence flows from me like a waterfall from the heavens." Ella mused. "Green will do just fine."

Ella stripped her mother of Skuld's hand and began to lead her away from the main hall.

Lady MacArthur followed at a lazy pace, waving them on when Ella turned to look back at her.

Permission to go forward granted, Ella would lead Skuld to her chamber. That meant they moved down the side hall and up the stairs. "Leave your hair to me. Nothing to extravagant... Something braided I imagine will suit you... Let's frame that beautiful face.. And... Forgive my ignorance... But those marks, what are those exactly." She referred to the white marks under her eyes.

• Yay
"Confidence, yes. I should likely draw water from that waterfall and bathe in that for some time." Confidence might have very well been what had her at the mercy of Keiran's sister. It was true that Ella exuded confidence, and it certainly added to her charm. Skuld had a different brand of confidence than Ella though, usually showing in combat or squaring off with another member of her chapter. Here though, she felt very much out of her element.

Content with the color that was accepted, Skuld was promptly pulled from Lady McArthur's care and lead to what she guessed would be the fitting room for this escapade. With her mother's permission, Ella pulled well ahead of the other woman and asked the question that made Skuld happy to answer.

"These marks are worn by every Zajac in varying colors. A mark's color tells each other what our prowess is, such as white being physical combat. A bit of unorthodox history, but it comes down to being a rite of passage for our family. They are permanent." She sighed, the practice still continued to this day as far as she knew. Her cousins were the only ones to keep the tradition going since most all of the famliy had doubted Skuld ever having progeny with being a Templar.

• Yay
"Interesting.. You wear them well... In the Highlands we have something similar... A broken nose more often then not. If you look hard enough.. You can see the top part of Keiran's nose is a little slanted. Him and Eddard were... Ten I believe when that happened." Ella said, making light of the normalcy of squabbling kids in the Highlands.

"Honest question not trying to poke fun... " Ella's face was serious as she looked back. "Would your children be marked... If you were to have a child that is... Also what is the mark for buffoonery... We should mark Keiran with that one."

Yes, Ella was a woman sure of herself. Growing in these lands, she had to be, though she did so at no sacrifice to a femininity. Opening the door to her chamber, it was a modest room, with a large enough bed and a wooden bassinet that sat in the corner, new and unused. In a sense, the room was plain and well kept. In the opposite corner sat her table with her items and a large mirror.

Releasing her hold, Ella scurried off to a storage trunk to fetch what was needed.

"Make yourself at home.. Relax..." Ella called over her shoulder as she dug through the trunk.

• Yay
"I-" Skuld looked at the woman for a brief moment with disbelief, which changed to curiosity. "I, actually hadn't noticed that." But now that it had been mentioned she would certainly have to look to see it now. Otherwise she would never have a moment of peace without knowing if Ella's words were true.

Ella headed her next question with a warning, which did not prepare Skuld at all for what came next. Even if it was jokes, talks of weddings and marriage, and children!? These people were going to drive her up the wall. Managing to collect herself after a few steps, she gave the woman what she thought may have been an honest answer.

"That, would depend on their choice...I think. I honestly hadn't thought of it till you asked." Skuld shrugged. She hadn't been the first born, or a boy. Even if the tradition seemed silly, it tended to stick with the male heirs of the family. "A spade would be the closest thing for a buffoon, such as on the jesters card."

Upon entering the room, she said little, taking in the decor. Noting the bassinet, she turned her gaze quickly to where Ella was now, mind rushing to thoughts of the woman possibly expecting. When told to relax and allowed to walk by herself, she did not know what to do to actually relax.

She made her way over to the large mirror, and examined her face, her fingers brushing along the marks upon her cheek. What would Keiran say to a similar question about the marks?

• Yay
"You're welcome.. I have given you another reason to stare at his face." Ella said as she excitedly began to pull at something inside the chest. Turning about, she held up the green gown in question.

The youngest MacArthur found herself smiling as she watched Skuld looking at herself in the mirror. Gown in hand, she cleared the distance between them and held up the dress once she stopped beside the Templar. "Beautiful... Now... I hope this doesn't make you feel too uncomfortable... Arms out."

At this point Lady MacArthur would enter, upon the scene to see what the pair had been up to.

• Yay