Private Tales Suadade

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"A templar I may be, there is more to me than a title and rank. You should enjoy this kindness, as I've had no reason to share it with anyone before." Skuld informed him. Which wasn't false, as most of her life before the templars had been taken up by adventuring with family. Her time with the templars had only reinforced the solitary lifestyle she unknowingly become weary of. Though the moment may have been fleeting, she was going to enjoy this, and if chance had anything to say about it. She would be returning for that damned fruit.

She looked at the man for only a moment, but she ducked her head while she smiled as he looked forward. She enjoyed her time with him, and he seemed to enjoy her company. Which was something she had never come to expect in her life. She had endured pain, dealt with horrors, and challenged the evils of the world. Yet here she was, blushing like a young girl in the presence of a man that made her feel like something more than a brutish woman. The world worked in funny ways, and she was going to hold onto this feeling as best she could.

• Yay
Reactions: Keiran MacArthur
"And here I thought it was my duty to keep your cheeks red." Keiran said after he found himself flushed. Maybe it had been decided he saw her waiting at the gate of his estate, but Keiran knew now, more then ever, this was a moment to make his intentions known and clear.

"Skuld..." He said in a light voice as they peeled off from the path and moved through the flatland that fed into the small gathering of trees. "I find myself enjoying your company greatly.. And I would like to continue so... I think you enjoy mine just as much, seeing how you just said you never had a reason to be as kind to anyone else before... I... I know little of Templar oaths but I know enough that to tempt you down a path you cannot follow would be a terrible act on my part... I wish to continue our friendship... To continue to get to know you.. To share with you moments like this... But please know I will find it very hard not to look at you at times... To bite my tongue and not say something I know would make you smile or laugh... Say the word and I will stop this talk... I have lost a great deal... But I am in no rush to lose what this is or may become..."

He was speaking from the heart but despite this moment of courage he kept his gaze forward. His excuse was not wanting to trip again.

"I believe we call that fair game." She replied quietly to words. It was fun to go back and forth with their teasing, and it made her feel pleasant and drew her attention sharply to Keiran and his words to her.

Saying her name, she nearly spoke in reply to it before he began to speak at length. The woman listened quietly. No nodding, or giggles. Not even a blush as the man spoke, a bit astounded to say the least that he felt as deeply as he did. But the soft smile she had when he finished speaking was almost enough of an answer, if he had been looking at her.

She pulled him to a gentle stop, removing one hand from his arm to coax him to look at her. The smile remained, though drawn a bit tight as she gave only a moment's thought to her words.

"I do enjoy your company, and it makes me very happy that you enjoy mine. You do not have to be sorry for something I willingly do. If I did not want to be near you, I would not have drawn you closer. Do not be afraid to speak what you think or feel. We live only one life, and even when we think we know our path, or how we want to spend that life...things can change and surprise you." Skuld offered as her hand brushed against his jaw. The arm still entwined with his gave a token squeeze to emphasize her coming words.

"I do not wish for you to stop, and I am sorry if I'm terrible at all this. I'm not very..." her words cut short as she looked at him with a frown. "My being a templar has not been kind, both to my heart, and body. I would like very much to start as friends, at least."

• Yay
Keiran found his face turning towards her touch. He wasn't aware at how wanting he was. "Friends... Sounds like a good start." He smiled. A good start, but that didn't mean it had to end there.

"You are perfect at this... Someone who can tease me as much as I tease them and swing a sword as hard... What else could I want?" He asked though he didn't need a response.

"But it is as I said... You are to lead." He assured her, letting her know this would go where she wanted. "Except for right now. Right now I'm leading." He joked as they stepped into the thicket. Past bare shrubs which had lost their leaves and along what could barely be described as a path, they would come across a single large tree. Sadly, no fruits hung from it's limbs. Keiran looked up, hoping that he mind spot something, but a sigh left his lips when it was clear there was no prize.

"A shame.. I was going to pluck a apple from this tree and remark how it reminded me of your blushing face... I suppose you will have to come back in late spring so I can live that moment."

• Yay
Reactions: Skuld Zajac
She listened to him speak in kind, her fingers danced along the bottom edge of his jaw before resting once more on his arm. She nearly cut in when he spoke her teasing and swinging a sword. The shame she felt at being so able with a sword rather than something else more, feminine did not seem to bad when he said it. With the small assurance that her abilities were not something of a hindrance, but rather a part of what drew him, she laughed lightly as he explained that she would lead in their dance, except for at this very moment.

They stood underneath of a tree after stepping into a thicket, Keiran looking up before giving a sigh. He expressed his "displeasure" at not finding a fruit. Her brows went up, the surprise in her eyes as she feigned her own displeasure at the discovery.

"I...I don't want it to just be late spring that I visit, but if that is too much-?" Genuine concern laced her tone, and while she was happy that she would have to come visit again. Late spring seemed so far away suddenly, and she surprised herself with how much she wanted this.

• Yay
"Who am I to control where your horse or feet... Or heart takes you?" Keiran was feeling cocky enough to add a little wink. "You have what I gave you... Feel free to use it when ever visiting the highlands... You will always have a bed here, regardless if I am here or otherwise... In the times I am not here.. We could write.. My penmanship is lacking but it is legible enough to read."

With that said, Keiran pulled away from her hold and found himself seated beside the tree upon a log. He would casually pat a spot before him, inviting her to sit.

"Blue... And... Peaches..." He said after a moments thought. "My favorite color and fruit..."

If he was going to court her in every sense but openly stating it, she should know something about him and hopefully she would clue in on the game he now started.

The gift was around her neck just beneath the gambeson she wore, a hand still shot up to make sure it was still there even if the weight told her it was. A smile appeared with a small stifled laughed as he dismissed her worry. He expressed that they could write, and she wondered about how quickly her messages would get to him. But his sudden change in topics had her eyes watching him a moment before she replied to him.

She took the seat beside him, listening to him speak as she thought about her own interests. As she thought about fruit, her mouth began to water just a bit even after such a breakfast as they had.

"Green, and apples, but only the tart ones." She offered as she thought for a moment. "You know I like winter, so how about-" Skuld stopped talking for a moment as she leaned back and looked to the sky.

"Hawks are my favorite animals. I like watching hawks before they strike, there is something peaceful about the certainty they have in their flight." She replied, her body still leaned back a bit as she turned her head to look at him.

• Yay
She was quick to catch on to the game he set into motion and was happy to hear her response. He liked peaches and she, apples. Coincidence he had brought her here, or perhaps dare he think fate. He also took note that she liked green, and was already considering getting her something with green in it. He would have to decide on what. And she liked winter, though he had an idea about that already. Oddly enough, she was quick to cut herself off and he found that to be an odd endearing quirk.

"Hawks are indeed beautiful creatures... I can respect that choice... Horses... Strong and beautiful.. And loyal.. Though they can very well be feisty.... Turkey... Not as a animal I like but more so one I like to eat... Goodness I'm talking to much about food... Um.. What made you want to pick up a sword?" He was stammering as they spoke, but it boarded a more excited sort of chatter.

• Yay
His choice of horses did not surprise her. Between hawks and horses, both creatures in the wild were majestic in their own right. His comment about them being feisty got a nod of agreement from her as she thought on her own mount. For being a little smaller than her previous steed, the beast had much more an opinion on what it wanted to do. He went on about turkeys for a moment before cutting into talk of her taking up the sword.

"Part of my families heritage has always been to go out into the world and protect those that cannot do so themselves. I picked up a practice sword as a young girl, and haven't put it down since. My mother and father, as well as their brothers and sisters, were always ready to help with my practice." Skuld informed him with a smile as she recalled the numerous times she had lost to family members in their sparring, always hungry to learn more.

"The idea of protecting others is still true, but I couldn't sit idly by and wait for those less fortunate to come find us. So I joined the Templars, hoping to continue that idea, and maybe inspire others to such noble goals." Skuld finished when she looked at him. "And what of yourself? Why did you pick up the sword?"

• Yay
Her reasons for choosing her paths in life were far more noble then his own and he rewarded her with a beaming smile. There was a odd sense of pride in knowing she had such convictions. If Keiran had a mirror, he would be amazed at the person staring back. In her company, he smiled and laugh. Normally, he was known to have a stern face, eyes always focused on what ever laid ahead. Now however... Well life had been breath into him.

"Speak as if I had a choice." He laughed lightly. His life had always been laid out in front of him, up until a point. "Not that I am complaining... Goodness it sounds like I'm complaining." He laughed, took a breath and continued. "I knew from a young age what was expecting of me and was excited by it as well... I knew I wanted to learn how to wield a sword to play my part... I knew I wanted to serve my people... But it wasn't until I joined the garrison that I understood the weight of wielding a weapon... I still wish to be of use... I am hoping to find a place where I can do that myself... I'm feeling.. That my current duty does not fit the person I wish to be..." He voiced his concern for his current situation. He was definitely out of his comfort zone.

• Yay
She looked at him intently when he began to speak, trying to discern what he meant by the wording. Then he dismissed the worry, and she was content to listen to him without fretting over something that may have troubled him. As he spoke at length about how he had known what he wanted, the tone seemed to turn a bit darker, which drew her gaze to his face. When he finished speaking, she tilted her head forward into his view enough to draw his eyes to her.

"This duty is only for a short time longer, isn't it? Life doesn't always deal one a fair hand, but, we can make the best of a situation until the power to change that comes to you." Skuld replied softly, trying to make him feel better perhaps. Her own concern began to grow as he explained.

• Yay
He held her gaze, lost in the beauty of her eyes and the sureness of her words. He didn't know he needed to hear exactly what she was saying until it had been said. A weight had been lifted off his shoulders and he seemed noticeably relived.

"Which is why I'll treasure these moments then." Came his response. He had not intended for their conversation to go this route, and wanted to guide it back to something happier. "Thank you for your wise words... I see I'll always been in good company with you.. She can fight, tease, and hand out sound advice... Skuld is their anything you cannot do?" He wondered out loud.

He was interested in her response. He was learning of what she liked and where her skills laid, but what was she lacking in?

She let her gaze fall to the ground as he complimented her once more. She never grew tired of feeling the warmth rise in her cheeks, but the flutter in her stomach was something that would still take some getting used to.

"Y-you are welcome." She didn't have to think hard on her response to his question. "I would have said make someone happy, but you have proven me wrong. Alas, I cannot sew, and I've no patience for fishing. I find children a bit hard to deal with, but that comes from having followed orders for most of my life. I have to remind myself that children have yet to learn of the world, or what they want out of it." The words carried a bit of laughter behind them, and it seemed she was grasping at straws for things she was bad at.

• Yay
He smiled and near rolled his eyes at the comment about being bad at making someone happy, though if he had, it would have been done out of a comical nature and nothing more. She shouldn't sell herself short, and he was going to try his damnedest to show her that. Listening to everything else she said, he found himself joining in her laughter.

"So... If I clothing is to ever tear, we are both hopeless at repairing them... I can fish but I am better at hunting with a bow.. So let's just get use to eating rabbits and turkeys... And kids... Kids are tough... I think if we are to reminding ourselves that these little terrors no not of what hell reap, we should be fine." He said in response to her words.

He failed to see that he had just painted a picture of a future with each other wear clothing would need repair, food provided for, and children. He was blissfully unaware of the future he presented.

• Yay
His rebuttal had her giggling at first, which then slowly changed to a healthy laugh, even having to wipe at her eyes a little at the end from laughing so much. The thought of shredded clothing and loads of game to eat being the normal scene for them was both terrifying and hilarious.

"I very much doubt we should be in such a terrible state. And grandmothers, I think that is what grandmothers are truly for. Dealing with grandchildren and advising their own children." Skuld managed to inform the man, in between trying to catch her breath. The thought currently amused her, and she didn't give the words any more mind as they loosed from her lips.

• Yay
Keiran joined in her laughter, having found her response highly infectious. He covered his mouth with his hand attempting to stifle his laughter though it seemed to have an opposite effect. When he finally calmed down, he would speak once more.

"I have a mother on hand who would be perfectly suited for patchwork and keeping kids preoccupied...This conversation is sounding suspiciously suggestive by the way." He clued into the scene he was setting. "So...."

• Yay
Once their laughter began to calm, he spoke and brought to light the possible implications behind what they had said. A sharp inhale paired with wide eyes and a flushed face after the realization dawned on her, was a sharp indication of having truly thought it was an innocent trail they had stepped onto.

"Oh, Oh." A hand went up to her face as she stared at the area in front of her. Oh gods, it was terribly suggestive, Skuld thought to herself, not catching the last word he had said.

• Yay
“So... Hawks?” He tried to back track to something she had mentioned earlier though he couldn’t help but begin to laugh once more.

He found their awkwardness cute and thirst for more moments like this. “Come on Skuld... Come back to me... you’ve wandered off into the what if.” He teased. “Tell me more about yourself. I want to know more about the beautiful woman who can’t sew and fish, he believes in protecting the weak and likes hawks and apples.”

His laughter calmed as he tried his best to spur on the conversation.

Last edited:
  • Yay
She blinked a few times, using the question about hawks as a point to tie into. Hadn't we already talked about hawks? Yes, something else then...Skuld reminder herself, taking a deep and settling breath. Her eyes narrowed at him as she batted at his arm with his teasing about wandering off into the what if.

"You make it easy to get there." She replied before doing first indignant thing she could think of, which was to stick her tongue out at him. She shook her head and fought off a fit of giggling. This man made it too easy to smile, and laugh. With a final sigh, the last fit of laughter fled. Her expression softened and she let her body rock back and forth slowly while she spoke.

"I'm," Skuld began, she hummed the last letter for a moment in open thought. "actually quite afraid of open water. Like big bodies of water. Rivers don't bother me so much." Experience had taught her to be wary of the surprisingly dangerous threat.

• Yay
Her talk of open water brought him back to a time when he new to the garrison and placed in a rather precarious position when Keiran, along with two other men were ordered to investigate a southern forest near the Elven boarder. Their guide, Niq Vista, had led them in search of something worth wild for their captain to hunt. They encountered beastmen and possible peril. Through sheer luck, they survived the encounter, though they did not leave unscathed. A strange ceremony took place that showed them many wonders. One such was a vision of sort. Keiran was shown a ship captain and open sea... He had no idea what it meant or what it was he was seeing, as he had never been on a boat that could sail the open sea in all his life.

Caught in a daze, he shook his mind free of the memory and offered a embarrassed smile. "Sorry.. You brought an... Odd memory to mind... I too imagine I would not be able to handle open water.. I've never been a vessel much larger then a row boat... Even lakes make me uneasy... I guess the idea of not feeling ground beneath me?" he shuddered. "Let's keep all future excursions to dry lands?"

So he had went from talking about family to trips together it seemed.

"That sounds like a good plan. Not hard to keep to land considering where we are." Skuld reminded the man. "I hope to never have to travel by water."

"How about...what is your favorite time of day? Noon for me. Sun is at its highest and almost nothing can hide from its warmth." Skuld trailed into another question.

• Yay
He opened his mouth but no words came out. He stood there frozen, mouth agape in thought. He never really thought about having a favorite part of the day, and such an idea was new and magical.

"If I had to choose... Dawn... I argue that your beautiful noon is rivaled by the arrival of a new day... Think back... How beautiful was the sunrise we saw together versus... Now.. it should be noon now..." He pondered his own questions. Both moments seemed fairly beautiful. "Can I choose two? Dawn and noon?"

• Yay
Skuld gave a nod to his choice of dawn. She couldn't argue against the stunning beauty of the morning colors and watching the sunrise over the horizon. It helped when you had company to enjoy it with.

"I don't see why not." Skuld offered as she looked around them.

• Yay
"Skuld you give in to easily... Careful I may take advantage." Keiran teased, playfully bumping into her before raising to his feet and stretching out with a groan.

"Should we return? We have herbs to gather and I imagine you might like a short rest?" he said as a blush oddly worked it's way to his cheeks. He nearly made mention of a bath but then that conjured thoughts and now he stood there awkwardly until he offered her his hand. Perhaps she would mistake the redness for this action.

"Oh please, I can be just as stubborn as I am agreeable. It is just hard to argue against a valid point." The slight wave of her hand was meant as a dismissal of his teasing, but her grin was a clear sign of her enjoyment.

She nodded to his statement, a short break would be splendid, even if the ride here had been comfortable and easy.

"That sounds like a good idea. I would like a bath if that isn't too much trouble. Admiral is a good horse, but I would like to not smell of him at the next meal." Skuld noted as she took his hand and stood. His face was a bit red, and feeling a slight chill in the air, took her hand back and cupped them. Giving a few slow breaths into them to warm them up, she placed them on his cheeks and smiled.

"We can come back out for the herbs later. Let's get out of the cold first?" Skuld dismissed the herbs, content to take another walk later to fetch them. If the cold was staring to get to him, it was likely time to head back.

• Yay