Open Chronicles Queens, Politics & Pirates

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Esme was glad to hear the journey was an easy one and she greatly appreciated the rulers honest, something that was hard to come by in their occupation.

"Thank you for accepting my invite and a friendship not only between our nations but ourselves is something I would enjoy."

Esmerelda took sip of her drink as her eyes wandered across the gardens littered with a variety of flowers though the majority being the Echeveria.
83d5f589d4a0a3a39e91c619366aa46c.jpg

"You and your people are always welcome here Princess Gwynnestri, and I would love to extend an invitation for yourself and your men two stay a while after the ball."
Incase Gwyn had excepted her invitation Esme had had rooms prepared in advance.

Then she fell silent for a moment, not for a lack of words but a silent signal that the atmosphere of the conversation was going to change.

"After the Marking Ceremony I ask for you to meet me in one the royal study but your exit from the ball must be discreet. One of my warriors will lead you as well as another of your men there."
Esmerelda words came out as more of a statement then a question.

Gwynnestri Ravaneiros

Gwynn knew the invitation would come- she was not invited her just for pleasantries and dancing. She was the crown princess and there were things that should be discussed, monarch to monarch. During the brief moment of silence, Gwynn looked around at the gardens of flowers they were walking through. The flowers were lovely, even more so in the twilight.

When the queen finally spoke, Gwynn turned to her. "Of course, I understand," Being discreet would not be difficult, especially with a crowd this size. Gwynn was already thinking of the man she would like to accompany her.

Hopefully, after the night is over, the Sky Elves and the Kingdom of Route will have formed an alliance and friendship.

Esmeralda

After the plans had been made for Esmereldas meeting with Gwynnestri later the evening she excused herself and made her way to her another guest.

Seated at a table she found the Priestess Azlat, her cousin not to far away speaking to another guest.

"Priestess," Esmerelda offered her a respectful nod before sitting down. "I hope you are enjoying the ball so far, regardless of other member of my family." She reffered now to her lovely cousin.

Azlat Ushus

Azlat had noticed Queen Esmeralda as she approached, and turned to her upon hearing her voice. She had some relief that Killian continued to converse with others, though his promise to dance with her remained a weight upon her mind.

He did have looks and charm, yet he also had rather poor timing. She had first met him shortly after shaking the unwanted attentions of yet another man, and Killian had been rather forward and persistent. That Queen Esmeralda displayed animosity towards him sealed Azlat’s bias against him.

Yet it was diplomatically required to tolerate him, which she begrudgingly did. She imagined that rejecting his advances might become something of a sad pattern, were this kept up.

“Mu͡ch so. I’ve been looking forward to the ball for too long, not even that could sp̶oil the night.” Azlat warmly replied with a smile, well within earshot of Killian.

Eklos is enj̷oying himself too. I’m so happy he’s tak̢en well to Route.” Azlat added, watching her son and his friends with a smile – all engaged in conversation that remained inaudible over the noise of the crowd.

Esmeralda

"I am glad you are here," Esme placed her one hand lighty on top of Azlats. "And thank you for accepting my letter. There is much we have to discuss so I hope you do not depart to soon after the festivitie."

A soft smile graced ger lips, " I am glad your son is enjoying himself."

Then Esme looked over at Killian and the Priestess, and her eyes softned. "Are you aware he is no noble men? He holds no title or lands. He has renounced them all. That is why he does not carry the name of my house."

It had slipped the young rulers mind that Azlat had not been in their mists for long so court affairs were not common knowledge to the Priestess.

"By this I mean that you may regect his advances without fear. He holds no power except that of a pirate captian."

Esmerelda removed her hand and straightened her shoulders. "In fact, you may reject whom ever you wish. You will not be harmed nor should you fear facing repercussions."

Esmes voice was strong now, determinded. "You are in my land, my kingdom. We are allies and a threat towards you is a threat towards the crown."

Esmerelda leaned in closer, her voice barely above a whisper. "We are women in a mans world. We are united."

The look in Esmes eyes shifted as she stared into Azlats draconic ones, it was a look of meaning.

"If you ever find yourself in a situation you can not escape alone, use this."

Esmerelda places what seemed to be an ordinary copper coin into azlats palm...but it was much more then that. On the coin was engraved a dragon and when held by the light of the fire it would have an emerald tint with two words engraved on the edge.

Esme closed Azlats fingers around the coin
"Help will find you when you need it, all you need to do is ask."

Azlat Ushus

The presence of Queen Esmeralda was always warming, and the report they shared among the many factors that fostering the sense of hospitality and safety Azlat found in Route. The more she'd learned of the kingdom and gotten to know it, the more comfortable she felt within it. She'd not have dared to bring Eklos onto the northern continents before her discovery of the kingdom and the security it offered. By now she was happy to have her son in her company, eased by the safety in the kingdom and pleased by his presence. Someday soon, she might have Nytam visit too, she hoped.

"I am glad you are here, and thank you for accepting my letter. There is much we have to discuss so I hope you do not depart too soon after the festivities." Esme said, with a hand upon Azlat's.

“It was my pleasure, truly. And I sḩall not, I'd be happy to discuss what matters may be on your mind.” Azlat replied, turning to Eklos at Esme's mention of him with a smile. Her words rang true at the sight of him busily playing with the new friends he'd made.

"I am glad your son is enjoying himself." Esme said.

“It fills me with such hap̢piness to see.” Azlat beamed.

"Are you aware he is no noble men? He holds no title or lands. He has renounced them all. That is why he does not carry the name of my house. By this I mean that you may reject his advances without fear. He holds no power except that of a pirate captian. In fact, you may reject whom ever you wish. You will not be harmed nor should you fear facing repercussions." Spoke Esme, revealing more about Killian that Azlat did not know.

“I'd no idea. I thought he h͜eld some station of importance, g̸iven the relation.” Azlat replied, pleased at the mention Queen Esme made. Thagretis afforded Azlat the authority to deal with such advances, and she was thankful to have such a tool for dealing with Killian here in Route. Yet, she was also surprised to hear that he forfeit nobility. The notion of renouncing a noble title was unheard of, for her. She'd not dare dream of discarding hers.

“There'll be quite a bit of rejection, I'm sure. He has ne̶ither shame nor sensibility.” Azlat quipped in disparagement of him.

"You are in my land, my kingdom. We are allies and a threat towards you is a threat towards the crown. We are women in a mans world. We are united." Esme added, leaning closer as she concluded her sentiment. Her excursions to the northern lands had exposed more of Arethil to Azlat and evidenced the truth in Esme's statement. But here they had both power and solidarity, and the security that had been offered to Azlat since her arrival remained deeply valued. Never had she imagined she'd discover such a kingdom beyond Malakath, and always was she grateful that she had.

"If you ever find yourself in a situation you can not escape alone, use this." Queen Esme added, handing Azlat a small copper coin with the image of a dragon upon it, though there was clearly more to the object, both by appearance and implication. It was a sense of security she'd cherish and keep close to her dagger, which was now her backup solution to any such problems.

“I shall, and my gratitude Your Highness. You have been ever kind and welcoming, and beyond the friendship our kingdoms share am I thankful for the friendship we personally share.” Azlat replied, clasping Esme's hands in a warm squeeze as she spoke. She had never been anything less than hospitable, and had helped her kingdom feel like a second home to Azlat.

By now, it truly was.

Esmeralda

Just as Esmerelda finished speaking to Azlat one of her men came over to her to signal the ceremony was to begin.
Excusing herself, she slipped into on the the servents rooms close by and changed her outfit.

Whilst the gown she had worn this evening was beautiful it would be a dishonour to wear it during the ceremony, the traditions they were about to practise were sacred and this was the first time it would be whitnessed by outsiders.

The monarchs council was completely against the marking ceremony taking place this night but it was something she knew needed to be done. Not only her people but the other nations needed to relize that she was the rightful heir to the throne, that she was worthy and the ruler her kingdom needed, that Esme knew her people, she had fought alongside her people, almost died for. her. people.

What she was wore now was no different then the outfits of the rest of her warriors did. Disappearing to a spare room Esme would strip down and put on more traditional clothes. Whilst some might find her outfit choice or those of her men indecent or not fit for nobility it remained in their culture.

During traditional ceremonies the warriors, being men or women did not don full leather armour like they would in battle. More skin was exposed intentionally, allowing Routiens to feel as close to their ancestors and heritage as possible.
Wearing fur was a given though, no matter what.
Whether it was the size of a scarf or a full cloak.

As quickly as she stripped down she had her next outfit on, a simple one but one that held great honour. First she pulled on a pair of old, worn, brown leather pants. After that a faded leather vest, that was clearly styled for a women. Apart from the fade the only thing that gave away it was not new was the large, clean slice on the side supposed to cover the left rib cage. The unmeanded tear exposed a large, ugly scar that could only have formed from a deep cut which ran alongside Esmereldas body.

In the middle of room lay a faded persian rug. Grabbing it with both hands she flipped it over revealing a large wooden door in the floor. Once she lifted that the only thing laying there was an old tattered fur. Esme pulled it out and slung it over her shoulder.

She was ready and made her way down to the same open alcove she had entered when the ball began. One by one, five other men lined up behind her. Each of them wearing nothing except old, leather pants and worn out furs over their shoulders.

Esme gave the signal, the music in the ball room stopped and all the fires snuffed out except those lining the small stage, the ceremony was about to begin.

Ulva Tal’deneshaar

"Oh, that's me, m'Lady. Gracious and dignified." He managed to keep a stoic expression for all of a second before a grin broke out.

At least Fane tried, you could give him that.

"Not uppity at all you say?" She really did surprise him there as Fane paused mid-sip to study her right after that claim. "Well, that's a pleasant surprise, perhaps I should stay here for a while longer." Who knows maybe there were more nobles in need of a bodyguard that didn't mind breaking some skulls.

As long as the pay kept coming and the drinks kept flowing.

Fane chuckled alongside her soft laugh.

It had been a risk to call her 'Lady Fancypants' to her face, but apparently it had gone down well. Which was probably because Fane was so lucky.

"Oh, but I am sure you don't need an interesting name like that, Lady Ulva." Then Fane finally sipped, though perhaps it was more accurate to say that he swallowed. Emptying half the glass in one go and sighing with satisfaction against the balcony's railing.

"Blackburn Fane they call me. Dun' ask about the Blackburn part, I never got around to ask why they started calling me that." It certainly was a fearsome name, yet, the wielder seemed rather amicable.

Then again big burly men with bigger swords didn't have a need to speak harshly. Not as long as they were carrying the larger stick.

"And what do you do around here, m'Lady?"

"Blackburn Fane." Ulva tilted her head and nodded. "Talk about interesting names.. It's a pleasure to meet you Fane. Stay as long as you wish to, there is plenty to see in Route." In truth, Ulva hadn't even seen half of what Route had to offer but she knew there was much to see and do for those that had the time to do such. "I'm relatively new to Route myself but it's been amazing so far."

The question he posed had her wondering if she should be truthful in her answer. Certainly, it wasn't a secret that she was the Queens lady in waiting but there was always that what if that played in the back of her head. "I'm the Queens lady in waiting." To hell with it, she thought. If anything were to happen, she could handle herself. It was then that Ulva noticed that music had stopped and looking towards the room showed a darkened room. "And it seems I may by needed inside, you may join me if you'd like."

Ulva didn't wait for him to answer and pushed away from the railing, drink still in hand. She knew what was about to happen and it was something she wouldn't miss for anything, knowing how important it was to Esme and herself. A moment in time that would forever be imprinted in her memories. The crowd gave her room to move closer to the stage, unsure if it was because of whom she was or due to Fane following behind her. Either way, Ulva found a spot upfront but towards the side out of the way, the faint light from the fires lining the stage illuminating hair ginger hair.

Blackburn Fane Esmeralda

From the small balconies from the second floor that looked into the ballroom the sound of slow, steady beating drums began to fill the silence. In sync with the beat, Queen Esmerelda and the five other warriors walked out of the alclove and onto the stage.

One by one each of them got to their knees in silence and looked straight ahead, no member of the group making eye contact with guest that stood before them.

The beating of the drums continued on as a small, old druid also found his way onto the stage. Following him an Animaux, the pair both held seats on the council.

The druid, Morgatta retrieved a bowel aswell as the small wooden chest that had been standing on a podium in centere stage the enter evening and begand mixing things inside that had been kept in the chest.

As Morgatta did this Matanee began to speak. The drums stopped and silence filled the ballroom once more.

"The Marking ceremony is a sacred one, one all of you here today should feel honoured to witness."
Himself and the other scholoar exchanged looks.

"Since the dawn of hour Kingdom, many centuries ago, Morgatta has had the honour of marking all of our greatest warriors. Knelt before us today are more of those warriors.

Our now Queen, Esmerelda who lead us to a winning battle against the coastal raiders when our Prince was cut down and our King gravely injured right before her eyes."

The Matanee gesutured to the man knelt alongside Esme, "Koa The Strong who sacrificed his family for the greater good. "

"Wesley the honourable, the youngest to ever recieve his marking as he carried out the exile to the crown, a brother in arms and tore through two assains who threatened to leave us without a queen."

"Makia," next Mantanee landed on a women. "Who led the last three refugee rescues in the blightlands."

"Kizzen who has mastered one of our ancient war arts of fighting wilst standing apon horse back. A man who sacraficed a limb as he protected those who could not protect themselves."

"Lastly we have Cuan, the lone saviour of his battalion. A warrior who has looked death in the face and laughed."

All of those who knelt on this stage for hundreds to see had suffered deaper wounds then those the scholar had mentioned, sacraficed more then one should not only for their people but for the greater good. Their small introductions had been a simple understated summary of their great victories and life changing losses.

"We honour each of these great warriors this night as they recieve their markings."

Mantanee stepped back as Morgatta placed the bowl and chest infront of the first warrior to be marked, Esmerelda.

Morgatte opened the chest. From it she drew a large, jagged blade and held it high for all in attendance to see. At this moment the room filled with deep humming, the sound came from those in attendance who knew the tradition, either Routien born or those that had been around long enough to know the way.

First, Morgatte would take Esmerelda's palm and cut it with the jagged blade.

"The blood of the people," the ancient druid announced in a raspy voice above the continued humming.

The first warrior would then take her hand in a fist and place it over her heart as the blood trickelled down onto her chest. She would keep her hand hear until the end of the ceremony.

Next, Morgatta removed a needle and thread from the chest. He dipped it into the contents of the bowel and began what looked like sewing into the skin just just above Esmereldas left cheek bone.
As blood trickled down her face Esme did not flinch or speak a word. Her gaze fixed on the darkness.

And so the process went on until the last person had been marked, no marking the same and each in a different place.

"Rise."

The six warriors did just so and once they were all on their feet, expressionless after and obviously painfull event; their upper bodies coverer in blood, some still dripping and others dry.

The humming came to stop once each of the six were on their feet, as if it were something throughly rehearsed.

"It has been an honour," the bloodied, tattooed group spoke in unison. And then the flames that had been put out earlier were lit once more and music filled the room again.

Gwynnestri Ravaneiros Ulva Tal’deneshaar Azlat Ushus Blackburn Fane Nere Ashorn

None of the other warriors, Esmerelda included would wipe off the blood before returning to the dance floor.

Each of them split off either to find a dance partner or converse with friends.

Makia would go to her parents, Koa and Kizzen headed staight for some food and wine, Cuan approached a noble lady and asked for her hand. And as Esme made her way to Princess Gwynnestri, she saw Wesley make a b-line for her Ulva.

"Princess Gwynnestri," Esmerelda offered the visiting Royal a drink as she took one for each of them from a passing servent. "I would like to introduce you to somebody if you have a moment?"

Gwynnestri Ravaneiros Azlat Ushus

Wesley had not know the level of pain to expect when he recived his markings and it took every bit of self control not to even flinch in pain during the process. Whilst he was grateful and most definitely honoured, the warrior was glad for it to be over.

As soon as the music began once more himself and the others were up and Wesley headed straight for Ulva Tal'deneshaar.

"My lady," His smile bright when he approached her. Extending his unbloodied arm, he would ask her to dance. "Would you do me the honour?"

Wesley was no stranger to the beauty that was Ulva but he also could not fight off the fluttering in his stomach that was associated with a child-like crush.

Music
Ulva Tal’deneshaar

Gwynnestri was standing off to the side, surveying the room after the Marking. It was a moving ceremony and she understood why it was done.

As the Routen queen walked over, Gwynn smiled and took the proffered drink, taking a small sip. It was quite good; although she rarely drank alcohol.

"Yes of course," she replied, following the Queen as she led her to introduce her to someone. Perhaps their peace talks would soon begin.

Esmeralda

Ulva watched silently as each received their marking, trying to take note as to what each had done in order to receive such. She could only assume being in the position she was, she would need to know such information at some point. How they were marked wasn’t at all what she expected as she watched the needle and thread slip through layers of skin, one by one each design different from the others. There was much she needed to learn about Route and she was more than willing and ready to do such, even excitement laced her eagerness.

Ulva took a few steps away from the stage while the warriors exited it, heading back to their desired destinations. Turning, Ulva was going to ask Fane if he had ever seen such a display before but he was no longer beside nor behind her. Likely had gone off to refill his tray of refreshments. Her quiet laughter as she turned back around to the room soon came to a halt when none of then Wesley stood in front of her.

Ulva pressed a hand to her chest and mouthed Me!? as if it was forbidden to ask such. The music took over any thoughts or hesitation and a smile crept across her face as she laced her arm with his. “I must admit, I’m not used to dancing to such music.” Her tone was a cautious one. “Slower ones that have certain steps that you follow with your partner.” At least that is what she’d been taught back home.

She watched as others began to fill the floor with them, moving however they wished. Letting the music take control of their movements and just having a time of their life. Ignoring her best judgment, Ulva did just as everyone else and just.. Enjoyed. Taking hold of Wesley's hand, she lifted it and used to balance herself as she moved in a circle around him, spinning herself as she did so. Her smile speaking volumes, even her eye’s smiled. Long ginger hair spilling out with every spin. “I don’t know if I’m doing this right, so feel free to lead me” Ulva laughed.

Wesley Argent

The marking ceremony was the one thing Killian still honoured from his homeland, a sacred tradition that regardless of his past; he would always respect.

He was quite when needed to be and hummed alongside the rest of his countrymen.

Whilst Killians relationship with he cousin was estranged, he was well aware that Esmerelda deserved her markings, it had been well earned and like the others had offered great sacrifice.

When the music started he turned to Nere, "Would you like to dance my lady?"

Nere Ashorn

• Wonder
Reactions: Azlat Ushus
Esmerelda led Princess Gwynnestri over to the table she had seen Azlat just before the ceremony.

"I would like to introduce you to a friend of mine." With a warm smile Esme continue," Azlat Ushus, a priestess from Thagretis - both Allie and friend."

Then she would introduce the monarch, "Azlat, may I introducte Princess Gwynnestri of the sky elves whom I hope may well join as an ally and friend."

Esme hoped for the pair to get along or even become friendly aquintances.
"If you will excuse me ladies, I have a matter to attend to."

Esme popped a nearby grape into her mouth as she turned to leave,
"After this song ends I will have one of my men come and find you Princess." Offering up a small bow of the head the queen left the pairs company, heading out of the ballroom for the royal study.

Azlat Ushus Gwynnestri Ravaneiros

“A pleasure to me͡et you, Princess. Gwynnestri.” Azlat greeted the guest Esme had brought, tactfully rising from her seat to meet her. She was a princess, a member of another royal family in lands beyond the borders of Route. Royalty was something new to her. It was only two years ago that the portal stones connecting her continent and this activated, allowing for travel between the two lands for the first time in millennia. Before then, Azlat had only known of theocratic rule established by their priests, in accordance with their holy scripture. Most of the civilizations to the north were headed by monarchs, which had been but a position mentioned in only historical texts.

Thagretis happened to be unusual in that regard, and it all remained fascinating to her.

“I am a priestess here in Route, and a dipl̶omat from Thagretis – a city on the fomerly lost continent of Malakath.” Azlat continued.

“I am rather new, so please forgive my lack of kn͡owledge of your lands.” Azlat began. Better to get that out of the way first, her admitted ignorance was all to real. For the first fourty years of her life, the list of cities known to her could be counted on a single hand. Now, there were far too many to keep count.

“Could you kindly regale me, and tell me of y͟our lands? Your k͟ingdom, that is.”
Azlat concluded, with a polite smile remaining on her face.

Gwynnestri Ravaneiros

Gwynnestri smiled at the priestess who had given a sermon earlier in the night. "The pleasure is mine," she replied. "I enjoyed your sermon," she added after Azlat did indeed confirm her position as a priestess and diplomat from Thagretis.

Gwynn did not mind that Azlat knew nothing about her country- it was exactly as her father wanted it. Gwynn herself was also new to the politics thing; at least from the foreign standpoint. "I do not expect every person I meet to have knowledge of the sky elves," she answered.

"We live in the mountains with our rohks," she began, wondering briefly how much information she was at liberty to say. "It's beautiful, perhaps you should visit us for a weekend. Diplomatic visit," she said.

Azlat Ushus

She had worn a professional smile fitting of diplomacy, suited for her present role as a dignitary. Yet, Azlat was truly elated at Gwynnestri’s mentioned appreciation of her sermon. She beamed in a display of happiness that appeared far more genuine, bereft of the obligatory sense of formality that was so often a requirement for nobility to carry.

“Thank you kindly, I’m so glad you cou͡ld be present to hear it.” Azlat replied with a content continued smile, her hands clasped in front of her.

That Gwynnestri’s homeland seemed as estranged as her own was another relief. Azlat had still yet to fully learn of the new world that had opened up to her. The names of lands that were common knowledge to even the least world peasant, completely eluded her. Openly asking if Allira was a large city had earned more than a few sideways glances, when she had first arrived.

“Yours is a secl͠uded land as well?. Our city lies in the d̴esert near the coast, an ocean away.” Azlat continued.

“Oh, I’d love to visit your kin͡gdom, I’m sure it’s quite the sight to see.” Azlat gushed, happy to have met another, and pleased at her invitation to a new land to visit.

Gwynnestri Ravaneiros

Gwynn smiled at the priestess' excitement. She was glad Esmeralda had introduced them, for perhaps the two women could be friends, but so too could the lands they represented. "In the desert? It must get quite hot," Gwynn replied. She had personally never gone far past the spine, and was used to endless mountains in her sight.

"In Kearth, all we can see are mountains. It does provide a beautiful landscape, though," Gwynn said. She could see it in her mind's eye- the towers that rose up to meet the mountains and the clouds, surrounded by eagles and dragoons. It was indeed the sight to see.

Azlat Ushus

“Much so, and m͠uch hotter th͡an it gets up here. The cold has been an adj͟ustment.” That Gwynnestri hailed from a land so estranged from the other cities of the continent was intriguing common ground between them. Azlat could certainly empathize with the notion of a distant and secluded city. Thagretis had a similar situation, it had just been the way she’d always known things to be. There was safety in solitude, she had learned. After all, the very first outsiders they welcomed within her city attempted to sack it. Perhaps similar experiences had prompted Kearth to shelter themselves on the mountain peaks. Either way, Azlat was elated to meet another who was as estranged with the newly discovered world around her as she was. That the two kingdoms shared a similar situation seemed suitable grounds for diplomacy, and Azlat was elated.

“I can only imag̢ine the beauty of the mountains up clo͠se.” Azlat replied with a smile. It was another sight to marvel at, and the opportunity was exciting.

“I can’t̡ say the same of the desert, it’s featureless and flat in contrast.” She added. Still, it was home, and she did miss it. For decades, it had been the only land she’d ever known. Since her departure, she’d since taken in sights beyond what she’d ever imagined.

Gwynnestri Ravaneiros

As Wesley and Ulva took to the dancefloor a smile over took his face as she spun.
There were no formal steps and as the music over took them Wesley found himself lost in the moment as the beauty danced alongside him. "You are doing wonderfully my Lady."

A the song drew to an end, Wesley put his arms on Ulvas waist - his eyes looking into hers as if saying 'do you trust me?' Then with ease, he lifted her into the air and spun around before gently placing her back down on the ballroom floor.

"Thank you for the dance, now I must ask that you assist me in escorting the Elven Princess to our Queen, we have a meeting to attend."

With Ulva at his side, the warrior made his way over to the foreign royal.

"Your Majesty; Priestess." Wesley offered them a polite nod of the head. "Apologies for my interuption, but we have come to escort Princess Gwynnestri to a meeting."

Azlat Ushus Gwynnestri Ravaneiros Ulva Tal’deneshaar

Gwynn smiled at the priestess' response. It was nice to find someone with a similar experience as her, and it would definitely foster an alliance. "I'm sure the desert is beautiful in its own right," Gwyn replied. Since she had never seen a desert in person before, she was merely guessing.

Her conversation with Azlat was cut short when a red haired man walked up to her. He said it was time for the meeting, and Gwynn stiffened, keeping the smile on her face. "Of course," she replied.

She would follow the man to the secluded meeting room where the other diplomats would be.

Azlat Ushus Wesley Argent

That look he gave caused her heart to flutter and panic set in but only momentarily. This was Wesley after all and although she’s not known him all that long, she knew he’d never let any harm come to her. Laughter sounded as he lifted her in the air and spun, a perfect ending to their little dance.

“No, thank you! I can’t remember the last time I was able to just.. Feel so alive.” Ulva said as she caught her breath. “Of course” A slight bow to his request given before she followed him, all the while wondering what this meeting was about. Esme hadn’t mentioned anything about it, of course Esme didn’t have to disclose everything to her and likely had very good reasons as to why she didn’t with this.

Another soft bow to the two Weasley stopped in front of, offering a smile to each as he spoke. With the Princess in tow, they all headed off towards this secret meeting. “It is a pleasure to meet you Princess Gwynnestri, I’m Ulva, the Queen's lady in waiting.”

Wesley Argent Gwynnestri Ravaneiros

Esmerelda remained standing in her study as the Wesley and Ulva led her possible new ally in alongside one of her men.

Whilst the study was large it had a homey feel to it.

The room had been decorated in Emerald greens and dark navy. A large fire place was alight and a family portrait depicting Esmerelda, her brother Prince Phillip and her father King Rowen hung above it.

One of the walls was lined entirely with booksheleves filled to the brim and by another a large oak desk where just behind its seat was an oil painting of a women who looked like an older version of the queen that stood infront of them.

In the centre of the room were well positioned single seat coaches around low table decorated with lillies and two pitchers of wine.

"Thank you for joining me Princess Gwynnestri. Please take a seat."

Esmerelda guestred for Wesley to shut the door. Before doing so he leaned over to Ulva and whispered,
"Pour them some wine, her Majesty wants you here for a reason."

When both monarchs were seated and their glasses full Esmerelda began to speak again.
"I am certain you are wondering why no one from my council is here Princess." She took a small sip of her wine, "I am fairly new to the throne but I long decided to get to know my possible allies on a personal level before propsing such a thing to my council. They can be rather.....fickle. So I like to know who I am dealing with."

Esmes tone was firm and serious. This was no play date or polite conversation and she needed that to be clear.

Ulva Tal’deneshaar Gwynnestri Ravaneiros