Character Biography
Link
A million stars up in the sky,
one shines brightest I can't deny,
a warmth so precious,
a word so true,
with love I send,

from me to you.

On the morn of Heart & Hearth day, waiting quietly within the dying embers of the previous eve's fires, well-wishes and letters, gifts and baubles magically appear for their recipients. Words from friends and family, lovers and loved ones, presents of meaning and even just silly remembrances. What word did you send? What gift may you receive?

OOC: I will be posting all letters and gifts sent in to me over the last two weeks. Feel free to post to this thread ICly in response to your given letter or gift!

To: Selina Della Altas

Dear Ms Selina, I came across this card stand that was selling cards for Heart and Hearth Day, but I'm not writing you to proclaim love. That seems a bit of a shallow way to do it if I liked you like that. No, I am sending this to you to say thank you for all that you have done for me!

Signed,
Fritz Erlain

screenshot-2022-02-08-7-02-34-am-png.519
A Basilisk fang, devenomed of course! I consider it a token of our adventure!​

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
Reactions: Selina Della Altas
A letter appears nestled against a stone of the Almerand memorial Cemetery in Veradune...

To: Alea Alvaden

Stars in the sky. How many nights did we sneak away from camp just to watch those millions of lights? How many times did I use that brightest star to make it back to our hundreds of homes? Hearths were hard to come by when we were on the road, but we made it work. I still remember that first night. Hells, I thought that maybe I was dreaming and now I wish that every night between then and now was a dream. Every morning I wake, hoping to feel you next to me.

We never really said it you know. We were soldiers, we shared bedrolls and tents. But we also shared that sense of mortality. We knew that every night could be our last and we'd seen enough of our men go through that pain. We knew the risks, and that was one risk we never took. I wish we had. Not a night goes by I don't miss you and the others.

We tried to keep it a secret so we could at least appear professional, but I think the others knew. I remember hearing Yularen sing a song one night as I stepped away from the scout's camp. He played his lute just a bit louder, and I think I might have let it slip that it was one you liked. Yeah, looking back they definitely knew. I wonder if your men knew as well. Was it that my scouts always got the best horses when I came to ask? Was it the way that you got your reports before all others?

Sorry, I've been rambling. You always liked things quick and succinct. Thats why you joined the Cavalry, you told me. Nothing was as thrilling as that charge, slamming into that enemy line then dashing out before they even realize what hit them. I just thought I'd talk to you a bit in whatever way I could. Maybe some day when I come back to Veradune I'll come give you a visit. Give you those flowers you always joked about. Tell you stories like you've never heard. You always said we scouts had the best ones. I just wish you would be around to tell me some more of your own.

We never took the risk, but I wish we had. Maybe then this pain would feel like a knife. I'm used to knives, but this hole, this void, hurts in a way I can't explain. I loved you, Alea. And I miss you.

Reporting from the Road,
Fox face

To: Divina Rosenstern

Dearest Divina,

I hope this package finds you well and in good health.

Since the day we met I know that we have decided to be blunt and upfront with each other, forgoing complex drama and emotions or petty gestures, and that decision has served us well.

Your love for me is obvious, you've chosen to tie your life to mine to protect not only everything I've built, but to be the guardian of my legacy as well. Anything I say or do to express my gratitude, love and respect for you is insufficient. But I feel that if I do not at least try to express it, then it must not mean that much to my doomed soul.

Gifts have been unnecessary to express the love that we share, our decision is made and the date is set. Soon nothing will come between us and I hope our time together will be long and full of happiness. But until that time I send you this, as an insufficient token to express my love. I hope this will serve as a compliment to the ring on your finger.

Yours, till in death do we part,
Tzuriel Alanthis

667f33192384960719d49d4adba0799f.jpg
Necklace of Alacrity. An enchanted necklace designed to give the wearer a much needed boost of energy and vitality. When worn the wearer feels an awakening in their mind and body, better and longer lasting than any steamed black bean drink or potion of vitality.

The necklace has six charges corresponding with the six smaller stones that can be activated throughout the day or night to temporarily increase the wearers speed, agility and endurance for ten minutes. These charges fully regenerate after twelve hours of inactivity.

To: Elle Selena

I know you’ve been struggling with your sweet tooth so I thought this would help you to stop eating so much sugar. Just add water to this and it’s almost like drinking chocolate but without the rich taste or sweetness or warmth (water needs to be room temp!!!) I might see you in a month or two, will depend on my schedule. Happy heart and hearth day.

Archaic chocolate protein powder made from grounded up crickets and beans and dried milk mixed with chocolate powder :) smells disgusting and looks like dried sludge.

To: Astrid Bielke

To my precious sister, since we’re both single and no one loves us, let’s remember that we have each other! I made this especially just for you although I hope you don’t try to fight people again. And I know you like the color black but… you know I had to give it my own flare. Love your big brother <3

9ae40fb0-0a75-4ea1-9a6c-364196e98e14-jpeg.524

a bracelet that Cas made c:

To: Ophelia Eärtári

Lady Ophelia,

Thank you for the kindness you have shown me. So to thank you, I thought you might enjoy a few sweet delicacies. I’m sure you recognize the name, and I waited in a very long line to purchase this box of chocolate for you so I hope you savor every bite.

a box of fancy truffle chocolates

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Ophelia
To: Liliana

Your perfume from our mission together gave me an idea. The blue flower bottle is poisonous, so before wearing it make sure you place a good amount perfume from the small daisy bottle under your nose. Or others noses if you want to keep them alive. The more you sweat or move, the more the poison will spread and the faster it’ll kill. Thank you for sharing your perfume with me.

d6b3fcf6-8362-4b09-b75a-d6b54831e760-jpeg.525

two very small bottles of “perfume.” BLUE FLOWER BOTTLE smells like rose, juniper berries and cucumber while SMALL DAISY BOTTLE smells like pineapple, cardamom, and bergamot.

To: Liza Newcastle

I’ve noticed that you seem to like sweet things. Don’t worry these aren’t poisonous, I promise. >:] or are they? (They’re not, I swear.)

Four large pieces of chocolate that has been mixed with sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and cinnamon.

Last edited:
To: Tarkas Verik

I hear chocolate is good for your blood pressure, try not to get too angry today and relax a little— maybe eat some chocolate? (Here Everleigh drew in a little devil face complete with horns and pointed tail >:] )

Four small pieces of chocolate that has been mixed with sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and cinnamon.

Last edited:
To: Zael Castomir

Since girls don’t really like you, I thought you’d feel left out. Besides, how could I see this and not gift it to you? You can thank me later(Here Everleigh drew in a little devil face complete with horns and pointed tail >:] )

A set of firecrackers of various sizes, colors and intensity.

Last edited:
To: Rheinhard Volker Volker

A tied bundle wrapped in white linen. When unwrapped, the outer layer turns out to be a long scarf to be worn around the neck or wrapped around the head for sun protection. Within the bundle are several more pieces of linen clothing--tunic, leggings, long, lightweight jacket--all in varying shades of brown to blend in with the sands, embroidered in dark brown along the hems and cuffs with the crawling lizard that represents Aetes' tribe. Hidden within the stack of clothing is a small knife, the hilt made of goat horn.

To: Ariel

Dear Ariel,

I hope all is well in the Winter Court, at least for your sake. I've been working on some drawings for you, and finished up the last of them just in time for Heart & Hearth. I hope you enjoy them!

Love,
Isiell

PS: Gotcha!

A large, flat package bound in paper and twine. Once opened, a poof of air explodes outward carrying a cloud of glitter. Once it settles, the package further contains several charcoal drawings, many labeled with names such as "The Lakes", "The Everchanging Streets of Leogaire", "Maedbh's Temple", etc. Deeper into the stack, the sketches become more casual and Isiell's own face makes several appearances. They're now labeled with titles like "Dancing with Maeve at the Wild Hunt", "Nairth's Coronation", "Drinking with Favashi", and several other casual sketches that are simply meant to be glimpses into Isiell's day to day life. At the very bottom of the stack, there are two smaller sketches. One is a portrait of Isiell, from the shoulders up, with her typical impish grin, eyes bright and contented. The last is a scene Ariel will easily recognize--the two of them as awkward, gangly adolescents, deep in the snowy forest by a lake sharing a fish dinner by a campfire.

• Love
Reactions: Ariel
To: Taliyah

To my not so helpless damsel in distress.
I could not decide whether to get you flowers or a sword, so why not both.

1644800640312.png

A slim rapier crafted by an expert elven crafter in the city of Aellevanda. The sword is perfectly balanced and enchanted to consistently smell of light floral notes. The smell grows the closer the sword is to the city of Aellevanda.

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Taliyah
To: Alynthi Farrow

proxy.php

Necklace pendant features a large teardrop with pear cut purple amethyst center surrounded by tiny round diamonds and dangles from diamond bail. Earrings feature a large teardrop with pear cut purple amethyst center surrounded by tiny round diamonds. Teardrop dangles from a earstud with brilliant cut purple amethyst center and surrounded by tiny round diamonds.

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Alynthi
To: Quacey

Casimir told me this was a terrible way to break the news. He said you're supposed to "break this kind of news in person." Whatever that means.

Surprise, I'm pregnant.

P.S. Are you dead yet? If not, see you soon. Give this gift to your chef if you've finally got one.

Ophelia Eärtári

A handwritten cookbook of all the strange food combinations Ophelia had been craving. A subtle hint of what Quacey should be preparing for her arrival.