Private Tales Healing of the Heart

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"Nae, Lass," Cillian caught Sierra's delicate wrist as it was raised wielding the dagger. He didn't hold her tightly but firm enough she couldn't slip through his hold without some conscious effort. Cillian had watched as she had done her questioning and he had done nothing but stood with his arms folded, a watchful shadow should she have need of aid. But now...

"She'll do no harm, not to you or yours," he glanced from her to the woman bound, looking up at them with a dreamy expression painted across her face. Cillian doubted she was aware of anything happening around her. It would have been painless and there would have been one less monster in the world, but...

Despite her resolve, Cillian could feel the pain at the mere thought of murder for his mate. Nothing was ever worth her agony. Slowly he let go of her wrist when he was sure she would not use it straight away then he crouched before the woman and took a hold of her hand.

"What do you wish for, lass?" he murmured. The woman swayed and then turned her face towards his voice though her eyes still seemed to have that dreamy, vacant cloud over them.

"To... belong somewhere again, for a... home," she said slowly and then smiled with a wistful sigh. There was a small subtle pulse in the air as the wish was granted and Cillian undid her binds and stood without another word to her. Instead he merely took Sierra's hand in his and led her from the little hut.

"Let's go get Rose."

• Aww
Reactions: Sierra
Surprise as her eyes snapped up to Cillian's face. That sure touch of his sending shivers through her skin. For a moment she held her breath. Then tension began to ease from her shoulders. From her jaw. It was good for the other woman's sake that he held onto Sierra as long as he did.

Because it took her a moment longer to relent.

It was a strange feeling to have someone else be able to take a burden. Someone willing. And to allow that someone to do so. The hand holding the dagger slowly lowered to her side and she stared as Cillian knelt in front of the woman. As she asked for her wish. As he unbound her.

Oh-so-slowly, Sierra released the woman's emotions. One string at a time. Withdrew her magic.

Silently, she took Cillian's hand.

Walked with him from the hut.

Didn't bother looking back at the woman. Or the dead bodies left behind.

"Do we need to leave?" She asked quietly. Unable to meet his gaze. Fearful of what she'd see reflected back in his golden eyes.

Horror.

Disappointment.

Realization of who she really was.

• Cry
Reactions: Cillian
Cillian glanced down at her with surprise and then shook his head. For the leprechaun it was much easier to forget what had just happened; they had come through it with a piece of Sierra's soul and heart in tact. Perhaps it was the wisdom of centuries of loss and wars that meant for him, that simple fact brought him peace so quickly. He let go of her hand to loop his arm around her shoulders and pull her tight against his side then pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

"Why let it spoil the holiday, Duchess? Besides, Rose is very keen tae try and tame one of these Lungs an' take it home wit' us," he chuckled to himself at the idea.

• Ctuhlu senpai
His reaction was so surprising that she found herself wordless. Even as relief coursed through her body like warm water on a frigid day. Sierra tilted her chin, finding those golden eyes.

"We are not taking home a Lung." The first thing she said, rather firmly. While knowing full well that wasn't a real option anyway.

Then again, with Cillian, there were things coming true she never thought possible.

But he wasn't rejecting her. He wasn't looking at her differently. He wasn't...horrified. She tried to let that settle into her bones.

"Wait," she stopped walking. Arms looped around his sides. Head tilted up to look at his face. "I haven't scared you away yet?" A quirked auburn-brow.

• Haha
Cillian stopped when she did, his hand moving to play with the strands of her hair.

"Duchess, if I was scared of your daggers I would nae 'ave made sure we ran into each other again after I first met ye," she had made it very clear within the first few minutes of meeting that she had more knives than bones in her hands. It had been deeply arousing, albeit terrifying. Just how he liked his women. His smile broadened into a cocky grin.

"Unless o' course, ye like a little fear in yer men?" he waggled his eyebrows. "I could cobble up a pair o' thigh high boots an' a whip..."

• Haha
She wasn't just talking about her daggers.

But she knew he knew that. And his answer still finished smoothing out the last bit of unease still stringing her up. One hand around his sides, pinched it lightly. Her other hand lifting, her thumb trying to smooth out that smirk of his.

Her own igniting.

"I mean...if someone is watching Rose one night. Who knows what can happen...," voice trailed off with an anything but innocent shrug. Hand dropped from his face, as she reached around with a playful grab of his rear.

"Let's go get our daughter." It was the first time she said it that way. And she meant it.

• Love
Sierra's words stopped his heart and he stared after her for a moment before she pulled him along behind her like a love-smitten puppy. And he was. Cillian was not too big and proud to admit that. This woman who had moments ago been ready to kill to protect the happiness she had finally found, was the light of his life. The reason he was not disgusted with her as she had thought he would be was because he would have done the same to any threat that might take her from him.

With a dreamy smile he let her lead until she realised she didn't know where she was going after which Cillian took over and led her back to the stall where Rose was stood up on a stool.

"GET THE FLUFFIEST TOYS THERE ARE!" she called to the 'awws' and 'blesses' thrown her way by the adults shopping in the market.

• Cthuulove
"C'mere munchkin," arms swooped Rose up in her own blood-spattered hands, hugging her tightly to her chest and planting plenty kisses along her face. Rose giggled and protested, little hands trying to stave off the onslaught of lips and squeezes.

"Mooooooooooom," she protested with a giggle. "I have to find all these stuffies good homes."

Sierra pressed one more kiss on the tip of her nose and finally pulled back. "I think you've done a great job but it's time to go home."

Rose groaned.

"We can play at the beach before dinner."

Rose's face lit up, then her brows scrunched as she looked her mom over. "Mommy, where are all your shopping bags?"

She'd had to leave them behind when she'd gotten picked up by Derickson. "I lost them," hands smoothed over Rose's scrunched up brows. "But it's okay, I'm sure we'll find them. Are you going to introduce me to your Lung friends today?"

• Smug
"T'ank ye, Keola! Mikala," Cillian smiled and brushed a kiss against the weathered woman's cheek and clapper the man on the back with a smile. The couple shook their head.

"She's been great for business!" Keola laughed, a great baritone sound that came from deep within his chest. It was incredibly hard not to smile when you heard it. Mikala, his wife, was more subdued in her happiness but burned no less bright. Her eyes twinkled with mischief.

"It makes me think perhaps it is time for our own," she glanced up at her husband who gulped.

Leaving the pair to plan their future, Cillian turned back to his.

"Aye, I were tellin' your ma how we'll sneak 'em into the river by the house. D'ye think your nymph friend would like a Lung?"

Rose's eyes glinted at Cillian's proposal. A conspiratorial and shared look with him. "It would give her a friend for when we're away," Rose agreed too quickly. Sierra shot Cillian A LOOK over her shoulder after mumbling a thanks to the shopkeep owners and taking their leave back into the busy streets of the small village.

She was not letting Rose down and Rose seemed all too happy to be held. Legs swinging at Sierra's sides.

"You two can meet them but you will need to bring a snack. They particularly like popcorn," Rose declared happily as their own home on those stilts came into view. Sierra placed Rose back on her feet. "Alright, go get your swimsuit on. We'll join you in a moment." Rose nodded and scrambled up the steps, disappearing into the house.

Sierra turned to Cillian. A shadow of worry across her face. A question about whether they should go tot hat ship tonight on the tip of her tongue. But the backdrop of the ocean and sun behind Cillian, lighting up those golden eyes of his stopped any words from leaving her mouth. Her fingers would find purchase on his shirt and she tugged him forward. "C'mere," she said instead, her lips finding his own.

She needed a moment just to live. To enjoy him. Other things could come later.

• Smug
A moment Cillian was all to happy to give her to indulge in.

Wrapping his arms around her waist and then letting his hands roman lower to grope her backside he kissed her back.

"Not tha' I'm complain', but is there a reason other than how devilishly handsome I am for tha' display?" he grinned, kneading at her backside. If only Rose were going for a nap right about now. But Cillian could be patient

• Ctuhlu senpai
Breath caught in her throat at that kneading of his hands. He was a lucky devil. Who was gifted with some magical hands. That were certainly giving her the fanny flutters.

Breath caught in her throat even as her lips released his own.

Even as her tongue stopped darting against his own.

She could feel the heat rising to several places in her body right now and not just her face. "Life's too short," was all she said before she claimed his mouth again. Her hands roaming down his sides. His back.

She didn't care if people walked by.

She didn't care if the Lungs could see everything from the beach.

She knew it would only be a matter of minutes before Rose would spot them and squeal how gross it was.

• Smug
It seemed even a leprechaun's luck ran dry for almost as soon as the thought left Sierra's mind, Rose shrieked from the door.

"MUUUUM!" Cillian reluctantly broke away with a chuckle, rubbing his nose against hers before releasing her fully. Reluctantly. He could have quite happily taken what he had wanted - what they had both wanted - right there and then up against the palm trees. He was sure he might have remembered to glamour them enough not to get them permanently banned. Perhaps he could convince her tonight...

"You promised beach!" Rose had stomped down the pathway with a towel and toy in hand and now stood pouting at the pair as though she were the adult and they the naughty children.

"Aye and to the beach we go, lass."

• Haha
She sighed against her leprechaun. "And I thought you were supposed to be lucky," she muttered up at him with a smile on her face. "You two go ahead. Mommy will be down in a bit."

Sierra had to wipe that dried blood off her skin and get her swimsuit on.

"Okay but HURRY," Rose called happily as she skipped down the stairs and took Cillian's large hand in her own, all but dragging him toward the waters down the beach. Other children waved to her and motioned for her to join them in the waves. Two lungs were splashing near the second sandbar.

Sierra enjoyed the view of Cillian's backside waddling down with her daughter before she turned and disappeared into the home. A few minutes later she appeared with her hair up in a sloppy top-bun. A swimsuit with sun-rap tied around her waist. A good book, blanket, and picnic basket tucked under one arm.

• Cthuulove
Gods but the child was strong.

Dragged was a good word for what Rose did to Cillian all the way to the beach where she finally released him at the waters edge. The whole time she discussed how important it was to give the Lung she wanted to take home a sandwich she had made.

"I would have used jam but there wasn't any in the kitchen, so I used bananas. Do you think they'll like it?" she sounded worried which made Cillian smile and he crouched down in the water so he was eye level with the young girl.

"Aye, I think he'll love a banana sandwich, perhaps he will even thank you with a rainbow," the idea lit Rose's face up and she threw her arms around his neck before rushing off to go deliver the Lung's lunch.

• Aww
Sierra smiled as she caught the end of the exchange between Cilli and Rose. It made some of her lingering fears from the earlier encounter fade away. But not all.

Setting the basket down in the sand, she spread the beach blanket on the sand. Then plopped down herself, propping herself up on two elbows. "I've packed snacks if you want any," she called to Cillian. There were crackers, fruits, cheeses, and slices of meat. A classic charcuterie. There were also smaller containers of juice and water. One fruit juice with alcohol but after last time, Sierra was sticking to the water or virgin juice.

Picking up her book called: Scarlet Fanny's Yearly Love Predictions and Other Short Stories.

Cillian watched Rose go with a fond smile before turning and making his way up the beach to join Sierra. He flopped down onto the beach mat and began to rummage in the basket of snacks. The day had been a long one and the stress and worry brought on by losing her for even an hour had made him ravenous. It wasn't long before he was creating a tower of crackers, cheeses and ham.

Curiously, he glanced over at the book and his eyebrows shot up at the title.

"Is this written by your friend, the one with foresight?" he asked, thinking of another Dreadlord Sierra had mentioned who was now married to her friend.

• Haha
Reactions: Lumen
Sierra let herself relax back against the beach blanket. Book lowered as her grey-eyes found Cillian's gaze. Lips twitched at his question. A shake of her head, the sloppy top-bun bobbing on her head.

"No. Perhaps I should suggest she do something like this. Maybe if she and Talus need a side-hustle to feed all their kids." Her smile widened, picturing Zana's reaction to the suggestion. Landon would get a kick out of it, though.

"I picked it up at a thrift shop back at one of our stops. I believe it's written by an up-and-coming author from Elbion."

A sly look as she turned the page. "There are some very interesting things about the Erlking in here. And some other fae."

• Popcorn
Cillian's face scrunched up at the mention of The Erlking.

"I would nae pay attention tae rumours surrouding him," he muttered and leaned back beside her, propping himself up on one elbow and taking the book from her with a smug smirk. His eyes flickered from her face to the page she had had open.

"“Drastus, that’s why we’re here!” The best dressed of the group with the best, drool-worthy abs, Edric, said with a sigh, rolling his eyes at Drastus. “Velmer is lost and we gotta find him. So we gotta be lost too.”" Cillian glanced up with an arched brow.

"I'm officially concerned."

• Haha
"Hey," the protest left her lips as he took the book. She reached for it and missed the first time, his muscular dark arms keeping it just out of her reach.

Face scowled as he read off a section.

With another swipe, she got her book back, sitting up and crossing her long, slender legs. She flipped the pages. "That isn't even the best story. In later chapters there's something about a Sable Pembroke and his twin brother, Gaage Eberwhit. They're pirates of the Eggplant and they shipwreck on Love Island."

Lips sealed and she rolled her eyes at Cilli, though an impish smirk never left her lips.

"Don't be a hater. I was hoping we could reenact some of these scenes later."

And the truth was, she'd never been able to recreationally read before. The Academy never left time for it. Nor after graduating. And books like these weren't exactly available to dreadlords. So during one of their stops on the way to these islands, she'd popped into a used bookstore.

And never regretted it since.

• Smug
Cillian's eyebrows crawled into his hairline.

"O really?" The crooked smile that transformed his face would have put a incubi to shame. This time, when he looked at the book it was with a lot more interest. He thumbed through a few more pages and shifted himself so he lay alongside her.

"I t'ink it would be best if ye earmarked the pages for me... on teh stories you'd like to.... recreate," he grinned up at her then leaned over to press a salacious kiss behind her ear.

• Haha
Looking down as he rested his head in her lap, she felt a mixture of feelings race along their bond. That supernatural bridge between them. She felt his desire and it made her toes tingle and her breath catch in her throat.

The free hand that wasn't holding the book fell to his head as she began to run her fingers through his dark strands. Untangling them gently. Book shifted so he could see it as much as she could. With her own mischievous grin while she couldn't quite stop the warmth that crept into her cheeks, she chattered about her few favorite parts.

"....this one involves ropes and tying up..."

".....................and this one, one of us would have to pretend to be a mermaid....and here's the eyepatch...," gaze lifted as a giggle filled the air. Rose was riding one of the Lungs and clapping her hands. Another boy was with her and looking as though he was having just as much fun.

"Maybe Rose can get a sitter tonight?" A wink down at the leprechaun. But she closed the book and moved her one behind her, leaning back on it as she propped herself up. Her other hand still gently smoothing across Cillian's scalp and hair.

"What should we do about the renegade dreadlords that are here?"

• Smug
"Well I could ask me friend tae watch her..." Cillian's golden eyes practically gleamed. Her timid suggestions had awoken a primal, cardinal desire to satisfy every little daydream she had ever had. And all those that would no doubt come in the future too, he added for good measure to his own silent thoughts. His attention had wandered back to the story involving the ropes when Sierra popped the daydream he had with her next question. A small frown formed between his brows.

"We should do nothin', Duchess," he murmured and sat up, setting the book aside reluctantly, and cupped her cheek. "That ain't yer life anymore. This is. That woman ain't gonnae bother ye no more, she's off chasing her own dreams now. None o' them involves you or Rose."

• Cry
A silent stare as he cupped her cheeks. Those golden eyes she easily drowned in. The earnest look on their surface. But a range of emotions flickered across her own expression. Her whole life she'd been a dreadlord. Served Vel Anir. Even though she'd been a traitor with the Underground.

Before the revolution.

But what was she now?

She wanted to nod along with him. Smile and say he was right. But she found that she couldn't lie to him. Not to Cillian.

"I don't know how to do this," she admitted slowly. "What does it mean not to be a dreadlord anymore? What if I get recognized again and put Rose in danger?" Fingers squeezed tightly in her lap.

• Aww
"You're not alone anymore, Sierra."

Cillian was not one to speak properly very often but the occasion occurred for it. He wanted her to believe, to trust him, and to trust in the fact he knew in the depths of his very soul that whilst she was with him, he would protect her with everything he had.

"Nothin' is gonna happen to ye, either of ye," he insisted, his hand sliding from her cheek to fist gently in her hair and guide her face closer to his until their foreheads rested against one another. "Not while I breathe, not while tis heart beats," he swore.

• Aww