Private Tales Healing of the Heart

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Comforting someone over a dead ex, now that wasn't something he'd ever had to do before. He brushed his knee against hers in an attempt to draw her out of the dive of emotions and offered her that signature lopsided smile.

"Unless yer gonna be jealous of 80+ year old women - those that are still alive - ye 'ave nothing to worry about Duchess. I've never 'ad a child o' me own so ye won't be wanderin' into any great grandchildren or teh likes. And nothing from my past has ever been... serious," he shrugged. He'd preferred to keep moving only ever staying somewhere for a few months at most before moving on.

• Ctuhlu senpai
Reactions: Sierra
A smile of her own as he spoke. Lifting a roasted bird leg, she took a bite, chewing quietly. Light colored eyes looked to Cillian's golden ones. "I get to be jealous of whoever I want to be jealous of," half-eaten bird leg pointed and swirled at his face. Her own smile never leaving hers.

"And this fae magic," she motioned between them with her free hand. "Is making me more jealous than I've ever been in my life so I'd like to blame you for these horrid and impolite feelings." Her smile widened as she took another bite. There was a line of people growing that were beginning to dance. More and more people who were sitting were drawn into the growing line as they began getting closer.

Drum beats and lutes filled the air. Strings with whoops and laughter.

Sierra swallowed.

"Why is it I suddenly wished I was about to face a band of orcs than that?" Chin tipped in the direction of the approaching dancers.

• Haha
Reactions: Cillian
A knot in Cillian's shoulders relaxed when Sierra began to smile. He should have thought more about the odds of running into Ember or her family, and he would certainly think about it in future cities he planned on showing her, but his Mate was a forgiving and generous soul despite her dark past. As she jested with him, he realised those initial spots of jealousy had almost completely gone now.

Turning his attention to the dancers whilst taking another mouthful of beans and rice he snorted in amusement at Sierra's confession.

"I promise Duchess, I'll make sure that's our next date," he set down the plate and then stood, offering a hand out to her.

• Haha
She finished off the drumstick and wiped her greasy fingers clean on a napkin. Eyeing Cillian's hand. If it was anyone else, save for Rose, she would've declined. But Cillian had her heart and more than that. And even if she didn't think she'd like dancing and that she was about to make a very big fool of herself, for him, she'd probably try almost anything.

With a sigh of resignation, she took his hand and stood.

"Goddess have mercy on you," she whispered to her mate. A small shrug and wobbly smile as she tried to take his lead. Tried to listen to the beats of the music and dance.

She seemed to be on all the off-beats. And Cillian would perhaps get an accidental knee to his shin and a foot into his own.

• Cthuloo
In contrast, Cillian was a natural dancer and more than made up for where Sierra found herself stumbling. A trod on foot, a knee to the groin - an injury he had every intention on making sure she saw cared for later - was masked by his fluid movements. He twirled her, caught her, then spun her out again. Occasionally they joined the line of other dancers as they shuffled round the beach collecting more and more party goers.

Eventually he relented in her requests for a drink and guided them off the dance floor such as it was to the refreshment stand, passing her one of the cocktails she had enjoyed so much the other day.

"Weren't so bad was it?" he chuckled.

• Ctuhlu senpai
Her heart rate was up. Blood rushed in her veins reminiscent to right before a siege. It was a strange sensation to have this not facing off with death or holding a bow. "If you weren't so good I would argue it was bad for you," she said while the corner of her mouth quirked upward.

And flutters of embarrassment sprinkled across her emotions.

Still, she'd warned him.

Looking at the drink he offered her, she put it back and went for some water instead. The last time was hard to forget and she didn't want to be facing the toilet at the end of the night.

"Are you as good at slow dancing?"

She'd never done it but of course when guarding nobles at events, she'd seen them dance all the time.

• Smug
Cillian's brow rose in amusement when she decided against the cocktail whilst sipping his own; it had a garish umbrella of its own sticking out of the coconut shell. This was a party after all!

"Slow dancing? Aye, I can slow dance. It ain't me favourite though, I 'ave to admit," he mused. "Me favourite kind o' dancin' is something called the Tango. Hugely popular in Cortos - maybe that's where we should go next," he pondered the thought for a moment then set it aside for tomorrow. Tonight was for fun not planning logistics.

"If ye want tae slow dance, I can take yer to a ball though. I dinnae think you'll get tha' kind o' music 'ere."

• Thoughtful
She found herself smiling as he spoke. Not because she wanted to dance but because his response was one of the reasons she loved him as much as she did. He would move mountains if he could to get her something she wanted. He wanted to see her happy.

And she could understand that because his happiness also became her own.

"As long as we didn't get too close to the Anirian-held Cortosi-coast," she said quietly fingers reaching up and smoothing some of his dark locks behind one of his pointed ears. "Some reforms have been made but most people there, as you know, don't take too kindly to those not like them."

Not to mention...she had to wonder if her parents still lived there. She had no desire to see them and certainly didn't want them to know about Rose or Cillian. But she felt like they were only family in blood and since she hadn't seen them since they'd given her away to the Academy, she felt no reason or connection to seek them out.

Fingers fell to his shoulder as she looped her hands around his neck. Staring into those star-forsaken golden eyes of his. "I think I've had enough dancing for the next few weeks. What's something you want to do?"

• Cthuulove
"Me?" Cillian's brows disappeared into his hairline then drew down to knit themselves into a thoughtful frown. There was little in the world he hadn't done that was considered 'an experience' per see and little he had not travelled to as well. "Lass, I just want tae be wit' ye," he said with heart-breaking honesty. The rhythm of the drums was not that which called for a slow dance but Cillian found himself slowing down their pace to sway with one another. Other couples did the same nearby.

"I've seen most of tae world, but it was alone. What I want tae do is see it all wit' you, you an' Rose. It'll be like seeing it all anew."

• Cthuulove
A lofted brow as he started swaying them. She didn't complain though. Her heart turned and twisted with his words.

"Then we'll do it, together," she said. While being an initiate and a dreadlord, she'd been mostly stationed in the Vel Anirian territories. And now? She couldn't imagine a world not traveling. A world without Cillian.

She didn't need to say anything else. Pulling in closer, she rested her head against his shoulder. She could feel the steady thrum of his heart as they swayed to the music together.

• Cthuulove
Cillian smiled and said no more. What else was there to say? He closed his eyes and just enjoyed the feeling of being... whole.

The rest of the night was much of the same right into the hours of rosy dawn. Drinking, dancing, food and merriment. Before it grew too light Cillian guided Sierra home to relieved their babysitters of their job, and then ushered his mate to bed where he had no intentions of sleeping just yet. When they finally did settle to sleep with her resting her head against his chest, the leprechaun wondered again at his own luck and thanked whatever star watched over him.

The next morning he rose and made Rose her requested breakfast of pancakes which he made into the shape of a lungs face, then began to pack up their temporary home.

"Are we going home?" Rose asked innocently as she snuck another cuddly animal into the wagon. Cillian pretended studiously not to notice.

"Nae lass, we're going on to our next adventure."

• Cthuulove
Sierra was loading the last of the bags onto the wagon. "Come here monkey," scooping Rose up she pecked her daughter's face with a waterfall of kisses which made Rose giggle. And protest.

"M-om. St-op-it!" Rose laughed again.

Sierra assaulted her with kisses a moment longer before putting her gently back on her feet. "Go do one more quick check in the house, okay? Then I'll tell a story as we start our ride."

"Okay," Rose said very seriously. "But don't start without me!" She scrambled up the steps back inside.

Sierra turned to Cillian, walking over to help hitch up FrauFrau. "Are you sure, Cillian? Because if you ever met my family they would probably have you killed. Are you sure they're going to accept me and Rose?"

• Cthuloo
Cillian checked the final strap and then offered his hand to help Sierra up.

"O' course! Why wouldn't t'ey?" his eyebrows rose dramatically. "Leprechauns are a very open race, I'll 'ave ye know," he gave a fake huff and than clambered up into the driving spot. With a final glance at the house he gave a small crack of the reins and the gypsy cob set off at a sedate walk back up the winding path.

He wasn't sure when he had decided that it was finally time to return to the Golden Isles, but that morning the idea had seized him like a hungry dog and wouldn't let him go. It was time. There was no point in fighting that urge once it bloomed, especially in a fae, and so he had set about packing them up.

"I haven't seen me ma in over three centuries, I think they'll just be happy tae see us."

• Aww
Rose sat between them. Her unicorn stuffed toy firmly in her lap. Along with a woven replica of the lund. And a smaller stuffed toy of a faerie.

"You can't forget where and how I was raised, right?" A pointed look toward him. "All I know about leprechauns is from you. Saints help us if they're as smug as you." She poked at his arm a grin on her face.

Rose piped up. "You haven't seen your Momma in over three hundred years? That's a very long time," she whispered. Rose spoke as if she knew. Sierra had often been away on missions when Rose was younger and she still felt guilty about that.

• Aww
Cillian glanced down at Rose and her haunted gaze made him feel a pang of guilt, though it was hard to tell whether that was coming from Sierra or he's own heart. He had considered going back often over the years. He had no doubt his ma and sister both missed him and worried about him but he hadn't been able to go back. He hadn't been ready. How could he have ever looked his mother in the face when he knew it was his fault her husband and eldest son was never coming home again?

"Well, that's why I had tae wait till I found ye two. Me ma' needs more than me to give all those hugs and kisses to eh?" he smiled as the cob clopped along the roads. It wavered as they reached the same peak of hill where they had first entered the isle and suddenly they were in the leys.

• Cthuulove
Rose giggled as the sensation made her stomach do some flips and twists. Sierra squeezed her eyes closed, her hand gripping Cillian's thigh as they entered the strange travel highway of the fae. It had always not agreed with her stomach.

Her grip tightened.

At least it didn't affect Rose the same way as it did ner.

Taking a sharp breath through her nose, she began using her own empathic magic on herself, plucking and finding strings of ease and a calm stomach.

• Cthuloo
There were no ley lines that led directly to the Golden Isles. Instead they opened out at one of six bridges that led directly to the island. As Cillian's cart appeared the bridge, which appeared to be made of stripes of coloured light, flickered like a startled deer. No doubt the magic sensed the two humans that journeyed with the Kin they were designed to protect and it seemed unsure whether to remain solid and allow them passage. But with a murmur from Cillian the lights grew bolder, more solid, and FrauFrau clopped her way onto the very real bridge.

Below them clouds swarmed and soon the grassy plain they had left behind was lost to them in the mists. The bridge still shone brightly however, and FrauFrau confidently took them across to the other side.

The clouds began to clear as the carriage began to tilt downwards signalling their descent and suddenly revealed the lush green of the Isle beyond.

"Welcome, tae the Golden Isles. My home."

• Aww
Sierra's eyes had closed the moment they'd started going up. Her grip on Cillian's thigh unrelenting. But Rose squirmed next to her. Leaning across her lap. Leaning across Cillian's to get a better view over the side of the carriage.

"Wow. It's so beautiful! Mom-mom-mom, mom, mom, mom, MOM, OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK!!!" Small hands circled around Sierra's arm and shook her lightly as she bounced excitedly in her own seat.

"Okay," Sierra whispered. Took a small breath. "Just give Mommy a moment."

Rose let out an exasperated sigh and looked up at Cillian and shrugged her little shoulders. One eye cracked open and then the other. Thankfully, they were close to making their landing. Deep waters hugged rocky shores. Lighter colors of the shallows hugging the coasts. Hills and mountains inland painted in strokes of greenery with mist rising between the small peaks. Many colored dots flew below who Sierra could only guess were birds she'd never seen before.

There were even dots of darker blue within some of the islands, perhaps large lakes or hidden lagoons.

"Rose is right. It's beautiful. But I'll open my eyes again when we get wheels on the ground." A slight smile to her face as Rose squirmed against her.

• Haha
Cillian couldn't help but chuckle at Sierras screwed up expression, especially when Rose looked the picture opposite to her mother. The young girl crawled onto Cillian's lap and stood to try and get a better view whilst he steadied her with a hand at her back. The further down the descended from the clouds more of the land revealed itself, from lochs and undulating hillsides to small pockets of towns here and there. It did not look large enough for these small groups to be more than a days ride from one another which was a testament to just how small the Isles were.

"That's my ma's town," he told Rose pointing to one not far from their bridge.

• Bless
One hand was firmly pressed against firmly squeezed eyes. But Sierra did finally crack one open to peek through fingers as Cillian spoke. Her mate's family was important to her. Fear of these kind of heights be damned.

"Wow, everything is so pretty!" Rose exclaimed. "And look at the bright colors on the houses," she oo'ed and ah'ed under her breath. "I hope she likes to make cookies because I like to eat them," Rose added quietly, her little arm looped around Cillian's neck for balance as she peered as far as he would let her lean to get a better look. Even as the wagon's wheels began to touch down on a solid dirth path and off the bridge with a small ripple to the air.

Sierra immediately felt better and finally let her hands drop from her face and Cillian's thigh.

There was sounds of pounding hooves--no, something different. Sierra turned in her seat as riders came their way, riding on two-legged large birds with bright feathers.

Rose squealed and practically threw herself off of Cillian.

"Oooo I want one," she whispered, her eyes focused on the bird animals alone oblivious to the riders.

• Haha
Cillian laughed and juggled the reins of FrauFrau with trying to keep Rose in her seat and not leap from the wagon in an attempt to pet the birds.

"Maybe when yer older, lass," he set her down quite firmly between himself and Sierra then turned his golden eyes to two identical pairs. "Farin, Javid," he nodded his head as the two leprechauns reined their mounts in causing them to flap their overly large wings.

"Cillian?" the one he had named Farin asked with surprise, his eyebrows climbing into his golden locks. If Cillian was handsome then Farin was heartbreakingly beautiful, the type of fae who appeared to have stepped right out of the pages of a fairytale. "I had to see for meself, I didnae believe it when I felt the Ripples."

"And you brought..." Javid looked to Sierra. Where Farin was pale Javid was dark. Together they looked the personification of day and night. His nostrils flared a little then surprise flickered on his face. "Your mate."

• Wonder
Sierra silently stared at them both, putting an instinctively-protective arm around Rose. Even if it was to protect the girl from her own exuberant love of strange creatures. Her magic was up as she sensed the emotions of Javid and Farin, their strings looking more brightly colored than those of humans. Much like Cillian's own, though his were always the brightest.

She had her own suspicions as to why that was.

An auburn brow rose at his reaction. Really? This was something that fae could smell on each other?

"Sierra," she cut in.

"And I'm Rose," the little girl waved and took a breath. "What are there names? Do they like to be pet? Do they like snacks? Do they like apples? We have apples in the cart. Are their feathers soft?"

Sierra quirked her lips and shook her head in a mildly apologetic manner to Javid and Farin.

"Rose, I'm sure we can have a visit eventually. Let's not bombard Cillian's...friends? With so many questions so soon." Sierra pressed a kiss to the top of Rose's dark-haired head.

• Cthuloo
Cillian winced but Sierra's sharp tone only made the other fae grin as though it were the greatest joke he had heard all day. Farin barely seemed to notice as he leaned forward to rest his arm on the pommel of the odd saddle and fix his whole attention on Rose.

"This is Lolly, and that is Perdy. They like to be stroked just here, and scratched under the chin. They love snacks - Lolly especially likes chocolate biscuits and watermelons, but they'll eat just about anything if you let them. Their feathers are very soft, but perhaps you can come see them another day," his eyes raised to Cillian.

"Your ma's expecting you. She did not look happy," he gave a sympathetic look. "You've been gone nearly 500 years, Cillian. I hope you have your excuses ready."

• Thoughtful
Sierra winced at Farin's words. Her hand lifted, her fingers smoothing along Cillian's shoulders as she rubbed the back of them in a comforting gesture. A reminder that she was here with him. By his side. They'd face whatever was to come, together.

With each brush of her fingers along his muscled shoulders, she'd gently radiate support and comfort in gentle waves.

Rose was also there but clearly distracted by animals, her attention on the rides rather than the riders. "Okay Lolly and Perdy. You are both very pretty and handsome. It was nice meeting you and I will bring you snacks soon." A pleading look up to Sierra.

"Maybe tomorrow," she whispered to her daughter.

• Cthuloo
Cillian didn't hide the grimace which only seemed to make Javid smirk.

"Aye, well. Best be goin', you will come tae me funeral won't ye lads?" he clicked his tongue and FrauFrau trotted on. The tall leprechauns merely laughed but offered nothing more as the wagon trundled down the pathway.

The Isles were what most humans had no doubt dreamed about when told of faeries. Houses shaped like mushrooms or acorns with picket fences and brightly painted doorways. As they passed some small clusters the people outside and called out greetings to Cillian by name. He didn't stop, though he did promise to come see them and returned the waves. All manner of odd animals passed them too from more of the colourful birds with long arched necks, to large rodent like animals with big ears and a herd of unicorns.

Finally they rounded a bend and came into view of a house. On the porch stood a tall, imposing woman with her arms crossed. Silver had just begun to touch her dark curls but she bore the dignity of age well. Her lips looked almost white from where she was gritting her teeth.

"Oh, seven hells," he muttered quietly as they drew into the yard.

"CILLIAN YOU GET OUT HERE, RIGHT NOW!"

• Nervous