Private Tales Healing of the Heart

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Cillian laughed beneath his breath as he was dragged forward but he said nowt about the way her legs shook as they made they way up the ramp. Instead he made sure to anchor her and his other hand hovered to catch her elbow should she trip or slip in anyway. Safely at the top he joined her in turning to look out at the view with a quiet sigh of contentment.

"I've traded on these isles for... oh... 700ish years. They've come to know me, t'en their children know me. A few of them see me a little as a lucky charm or a guardian for the island - not that teh really need it wit' t'em Lungs hangin' around," he chuckled. "Only islanders can have a home here but because of how often I came by and the trade I brought, a few hundred years ago they bade me take part in one o' their ceremonies and welcomed me to their community as one of their own."

• Bless
Reactions: Sierra
Hundreds of years? It made her wonder how long she and Cillian had. And her chest ache. But she didn't say anything about it. She just leaned against Cillian, trying to stay in the moment while not fretting over what was to come.

"I didn't even know Lungs existed," she breathed. "That's not saying much considering I didn't know about fae either. Or mating bonds."

The deck was still moving. Swaying like a hammock. While she loved being on ships and in the water, this wasn't sitting well with her. Wobbling in Cillian's arms, her glazed-grey eyes shot up to his face.

"Bathroom?" She squeaked, a hand clamping over her mouth as she felt it start to rise in her throat. Embarrassment blooming on her cheeks.

Cillian pointed down the corridor to the left and then watched as she bolted off. Silently he shook his head then made his way into the hut to seek out Rose. It appeared she had settled finally on a room that overlooked the sea. From the position of the bed she could still see the Lung she had been playing with out on the water.

"We'll go back tomorrow, I promise lass," he chuckled and kissed her cheek. "Why don't ye come help me make some dinner?" At her ascent he took her hand and guided her to the kitchen and living area. The sound of vomiting as they passed the bathroom made him grimace a bit.

"Now, I just need ye to start stirring this here, okay? I'm just gonna take some water tae ye mother."

• Haha
Sierra groaned, head hanging over the toilet. Her insides burned but at least the floor had stopped rocking. The room not spinning anymore. Now she just felt awful. Letting herself slide to the floor, she curled up at the base of the toilet. Unwilling to risk leaving its side so soon.

Reaching for her magic, she built up flimsy walls wrestling with the bond to keep the sickness and shame from leeching to the other side.

One hand curled around her stomach, the other pressed flat against the bathroom floor. Thank the stars they were done traveling in the cart. And no more tugs of the leyline travel to twist her stomach. Hair fanned sloppily across her face and she made no move to brush it aside.

"What's wrong with Mommy?" Sierra could just hear Rose's voice beyond the door.

Sierra grimaced and closed her eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: Cillian
Despite the queasy feeling he was getting through the bond Cillian began to laugh at Rose's innocent question.

"She had too much of an adult drink, don't worry lassie she'll be right as rain in a day or two. Maybe," he chuckled more to himself at the thought of the hangover looming on her horizon. Perhaps a part of him felt a little bad he had let her have so much but on the other hand it was the only way a person could learn what their limits were.

It just turned out Sierra's was half a glass of sex on the beach.

"Here you go Duchess," he soothed as he eased himself into the bathroom and offered her the cold water then began to rub her back. "I can ease it if ye let me, wit' magic."

• Bless
A groan left her mouth as he entered. “Must you insist on seeing me like this?” She muttered. One grey eye cracked open. She took the water. “You’ll never let me live it down.” She took the water and slowly made herself sit-up from her sprawled state on the bathroom floor. A small sip of water followed by a grimace.

“Let you? I’ll give you my second born if you do,” she joked through another grimace.

• Smug
"You should'nae joke like that," he reprimanded though mischief danced in his eyes; he had every intention of having her second born but it wouldn't be through a deal. Gently coaxing her hands around the glass he then took her face between his rough, warm hands and the gentle kiss of fae magic seeped into her. The nausea eased. The dizziness vanished.

"There. Is that any better?" he asked as he withdrew his hands, his thumb very gently brushing over her cheekbone in a tender caress.

• Bless
"I probably shouldn't have fallen in love with a lucky devil but here I am," and the smile she offered back to him was one less forced. One free from the battle of feeling like general shit. "Much," tempted to kiss but deciding to save him from vomit breath, she let her fingers linger on his wrist before dragging herself from the floor.

Then she let her arms wrap around him in an embrace before freeing them both.

"I'm going to change. Freshen up a bit and then I'll be out." Shooing the male from the washroom, she gently closed the door and turned on the shower. Running water from the wall, she was still amazed by it. But didn't question it anymore. In no time, her teeth were brushed, she was showered. and was clothed in a long skirt and blouse. A belt with daggers along her waist still somehow...worked and fit with the outfit.

"Mommy!" Rose had just finished putting the last plate on the table and squirmed down from her chair, bounding over and wrapping her arms around her waist. "You should not have anymore adult drinks!"

Sierra laughed and scooped Rose up, carrying her on her hip back to the table. "Mommy has learned to not have so many so quickly and on an empty stomach." She set Rose back in her seat and took one of her own, grey-eyes drifting to Cillian's golden ones. To see how much mischief danced in them.

• Smug
Cillian said nothing but he didn't have to with the smug grin he wore. Instead he set down the large bowl of food on the table with a flourish. As it was it looked like a large leaf tied up with string.

"Would ye like tae do teh honours, princess?" he raised a brow at Rose who was positive squirming with the anticipation. She hadn't believed him when he had said they could cook dinner in the large banana leaves and she'd tied the bow herself. Without any further encouragement she jumped up in her chair and with Cillian's help sliced through the string and the leaves unfurled. Hot steam rose out and with it the luscious smell of cooked pork, fish and vegetables.

"Teh Mchawi call this K'mpori."

• Popcorn
Sierra braced herself for a fresh, new wave of nausea at the smell. But it didn't come. Instead her stomach growled to be fed. "I've told you how much this beats Academy food and rations, right?" Sierra took a plate and began putting on food for Rose, first.

Then started with her own.

"Ewwwy. The bread tastes like hard paper and the stew like brown mud pies,"Rose scowled. Sierra stifled a laugh.

"Yes, yes, we are very spoiled by this one's food." Her fork pointed in Cilli's direction before she brought the stabbed piece of fish into her mouth and making an Mmmm sound.

"So are you two like married now?" Rose asked innocently.

Sierra almost choked.

• Haha
Cillian in contrast seemed unfazed by the question and instead helped himself to some food once the others had all that they wanted. He raised a simple shoulder in a shrug whilst Sierra choked.

"Marriage ain't necessary,"
he said solemnly. In the fae world Sierra and he were better than married and would be afforded the privileges of it. Marriage tended to be for more political reasons or if a fae had a particular love of the ceremony. Cillian himself held no strong feelings either way. The bond was enough for him. But for Sierra... Well he would do anything for her. Curiously he glanced across to her.

"Is it somethin' ye've wanted, Duchess?"

• Thoughtful
Sierra swallowed. A curious gaze shot between her daughter and Cillian. Rose happily eating away, oblivious to the impact of her innocent question. The dreadlord looked at the fae.

“I’ve never thought about it before.”

Marriage was never really a thing a lot of dreadlords did or were offered. It was always about service to Vel Anir. And love between any fellow dreadlord was forbidden. She and Hal had to remain in secret for so long. Until he disappeared. And she had to keep Rose’s origins a secret. The luxury of thinking about a wedding or marriage never crossed her mind.

But it seemed by Cilli’a response that he wasn’t very interested. And since she has no idea how she felt about it, she didn’t feel the need to push it either way. One day, it might be nice to share news with Tal and Zana. About Cillian. But that didn’t have to be a wedding.

A lot of folk either didn’t believe in fae or trust them. And she wasn’t sure how Tal or Zana would react. Hell, they’d probably think he was an elf. Safer for him that way.

“We can talk more on it later,” she waved a hand, dismissing it. “Maybe instead, we can talk about what we want to do tomorrow.”

“Go to the beach and swim with the Lungs again, Mom!” Rose had a huge smile on her face as she said it. “And what do you want to do?” Eyes shifted to Cillian’s.

• Smug
Cillian raised both brows at Sierra as if to say what did you expect her to say before popping another forkful of food into his mouth.

"I 'ave tae go into town tomorrow to deliver some shoes and take on some more orders, but that should only take me the morning. Ye can come with me to wander round if ye'd like. Or I'll meet yer both back at the beach when I'm done," he explained once he'd finished chewing with a roll of his shoulder. The relaxed and tropical environment clearly suited the laissez-fair fae with his easy smile and carefree nature.

"Teh market's a good place if yiz want tae stock up on some more summery clothes though."

• Ctuhlu senpai
Rose paused in stuffing her face to look up, eyes wide. Fork dropped and she clapped her little hands. "Let's go shopping!" Sierra laughed and finished chewing a bite of roasted potatoes.

A look back to Cillian.

"Shopping it is then. But for clothes only, you have enough stuffies." Rose gave a little pout but nodded her head. It was a good idea. She and Rose didn't own any shorts or shorter skirts. Rose needed more play clothes and probably another swimsuit if she was going to live half her life in the ocean.

When they were finished eating, Rose excused herself to get ready for bed. Sierra stood and scooped up the plates, pressing a kiss on top of Cillian's head. "Go relax, I'll clean up."

• Bless
Cillian blinked in surprise but gave her a warm, appreciative smile. He would have happily waited on her hand and foot for the rest of his life with a smile on his face, but he found he got the same sense of warmth and love by letting her care for him too. It was a strange realisation and one that might take him a while to get used to the idea of, but he thought with time he might. So, heeding her request and knowing enough about women not to argue, he pushed himself off his seat and wandered up to the top of the treehouse where his - their - rooms were. Out on the little balcony he clambered into the hammock and took out his good pipe.

The sun was just beginning to set out over the ocean which he could make out through the trees.

Cillian had never felt so at peace in his life.

• Aww
Plates were quickly washed and put away. She’d had a busy day. Had her first tropical drink and gotten wasted for the first time in her life. She was just thankful that whatever Cillian had done, seemed to be working. She’d seen Rose play with a Lung for the first time. Had found another home that felt like…HOME.

A hand wove through her freshly washed hair. A trickle of Cillian’s contentment through their bond. A warming of her heart.

By the time she joined Cillian upstairs, Rose was tucked into bed. The stars were well in bloom. Any lingering fire of the sunset long gone. She caught the glow of his pipe in the darkness. A flash of her white teeth.

"Is there room for two in that hammock?"

• Cthuulove
Cillian hadn't needed to turn to know whose footsteps whispered across the floor behind him, through their room to the balcony beyond. His book was open on his lap but his attention was solely on the stars and the view ahead of him. The silvery bodies of Lungs weaving in and out of the ocean waves glistened in the moonlight and a soft, melodical noise came from them as they danced and sung for one another.

"Aye, Duchess. There's always room for you," he murmured and shifted his weight to allow her to climb in. When she was nestled against his chest he pressed a kiss to her temple and stroked his thumb up and down her arm as he went back to watching.

"Tis coming up to their once in a decade mating season it seems," he nodded towards the dancing pair. "They dinnae mate for life and it is very rare they produce an egg, but then the babe is raised in the community of them that live here."

• Cthuulove
Nestled against Cillian she marveled again at how things just felt like they fit. Perhaps she could let herself accept it. Rejoice in it long enough not to worry about it suddenly disappearing or it being gone. A slow exhale as she relaxed against him, her back pressing into the hammock. Her eyes focusing on the dancing sea beasts.

"Once in a decade," she murmured. "That may not seem like a long time to you but it seems like a long time to me. But I like that the child has a community to raise it. In case something happens to the parents."

A beat of silence.

"They're beautiful."

• Cthuulove
Cillian's fingers brushed the tender spot behind her ear down, the elegant curve of her neck, to the hollow of her collarbone.

"They are," he murmured in agreement then slid his gaze to study what he could of her face from his vantage point. For a moment there had been a flicker down the bond. Like a candle flame guttering briefly in a sudden strong gust. It didn't quite put it out but it weakened it. Something, was on her mind. A worry. A burr. He twirled a bit of her hair about his finger.

"Rose won't ever be alone, Sierra," he vowed quietly.

• Cthuulove
The lungs had retreated further out and they were getting harder to see as they went deeper in.

Head tilted. Eyes like a mist rolling across a vast lake in the morning looked at Cillian. His touch always did wonders to ease her mood. To distract her. To fill a melody in her soul she hadn't even known she'd been missing.

This time it didn't distract her or ease the small shift in her emotions.

"I'm not worried if something happens to me but what if something happens to you?" She knew Cillian would be there for Rose when Sierra said goodbye to this world. Whether it was from old age or something else. But she wondered how he could be so confident that Rose wouldn't be alone. He may be fae but he was far from invincible.

• Thoughtful
Cillian shifted his weight in the hammock and sighed.

"Because she's family," he paused as he thought how he could best explain how important that was in the leprechaun community. How after the purge strong familial ties became important things that stopped them from slipping into the Depression and wandering off alone and desolate. He struggled with the words that did not exist for a while before trying to explain it instead in a way she would better understand.

"When my ma' and sister know about you two, an' my extended family..." he chuckled. "Rose will not want for family even if somethin' were to happen to us both. She has a whole race that will embrace her now."

• Ctuhlu senpai
Sierra let her hand trail across his chest, turning in closer to him. Eyes closed and her forehead rested into the crook of his neck. She took in a breath of his scent. It reminded her of a paradox. Something wild and safe at the same time.

She let his words sink in between the gentle and steady sound of waves against the beach. Then her lips parted, her voice brushing across his skin. "I never had a traditional family," she admitted slowly. "My parents gave me up when I was just a girl. I barely remember them. And I don't think I blame them fully for what happened but I do not have a relationship with them." Nor did she know if she ever wanted that. She didn't think she could trust them again.

"My family were a handful of students in my class at the Academy. Tal, Luther, Hal," her voice hitched slightly at the last name. She took a small pause. "Even then, we knew there was a chance that we'd have to face off against one another to graduate. So perhaps we were more of a dysfunctional family than anything," a bitter smile that was hidden against his neck. She remembered watching Hal and Luther. How Hal had killed Luther, neither of them hesitating to do what they'd been trained to do.

But that wasn't the scary part because she would've done the same. Without question or hesitation. Finally, she pulled back so she could get a glimpse of his face in the moonlight. "So this whole family thing is new to me. Do you think yours...do you think they'll like me?" Sierra wasn't worried about them liking or accepting Rose. Rose had a way with charming nearly anyone.

• Cthuulove
He didn't want to press her about her childhood, nor her life in general in that place. He'd seen the silvery scars on her skin and the few terse bits she had told him were more than enough to solidify several rumours he had heard about the Anirian's. He wanted to know every bit about her but... he wanted her to tell him when she was ready. So he could kiss away the pain those memories brought as he did now with a brush of his lips against her temple.

"Oh me ma and sister will love ye, and Rose," Cillian chuckled and gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze. "Me Ma will probably look at ye and say, 'Cillian! 'ave ye not been feedin' this poor lass? Look at 'er!' and then she will proceed to cook like there were 50 of us," he smiled at the thought. His mother loved nothing more than to fuss. "As for my sister... she has a wicked sense of humour, I think she and Rose would get up to all sorts o' mischief. Of course she might even 'ave her own young by now..." he trailed off at the thought he might have missed such a big moment.

• Thoughtful
Her hand lifted and smoothed some of the man's unruly hair away from his face. A light kiss on the tip of his nose as she shifted her back so she could hover over him. Both her hands now gently framed his face as she looked down at his face of bronze and shadows. She wanted to chase away the darkness that threatened to take over his eyes.

"Do you not keep up with your family often?" A question as gentle as the breeze drifting off the ocean and onto the beach. "Where do they live?"

• Cthuloo
Cillian smiled faintly at the gentle caress of her lips and hands then allowed himself to simply get lost in her eyes. To take comfort from them.

"Nae," he sighed. It was not a conversation he wanted to have, not tonight, not ever, but she was his world and she deserved to know the many facets to his past. Including those with jagged edges that still cut his flesh if he wasn't careful. "My father and older brother died during what us leprechauns call the Great Cleansing. They would 'ave been safe, but I insisted that we take on a job for this King..." he took a breath. "After they were killed tae family just... it weren't the same. I couldn't live with my ma and sister knowing I'd destroyed our lives so I... I left. I vowed not to return until I made it up to them, somehow."

• Cry