Private Tales Healing of the Heart

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
There were no words to describe how Cillian felt. Smug didn't begin to cover it.

By the time she was done with him and he her, the downstairs of the little cottage was carnage. Poor unsuspecting pots, pans, plates and cups found themselves in disarray over the floor and table. Drinks were spilt and a basket of apples completely upended to spill all over the floor. The living area was not much better with paintings wonky on the wall or completely unshelved.

The leprechaun sat up with a dizzy, content and bewildered grin on his face, rubbing a hand through his hair.

"Jeez, is that... what it's like for ye all the time?" to feel the ecstasy of her partner and mingle it with her own? It was a drug he was quickly becoming addicted to.

• Smug
Reactions: Sierra
They'd ended on one of the thick rugs in the living area. Just one of the many surfaces they'd touched. She was completely nude save for the golden coin necklace he'd given her dipping down to settle between the swell of her chest. Auburn hair fanned out around her head, like a wild halo of a fallen angel.

Gods, every inch of her was unraveled. Undone. Pulsing with what only his touch could do.

She had more to her than when she'd found him a few days ago. Less sharpness along her ribs. Old scars decorated her torso. A healed arrow wound just beneath her left collar bone. An old burn along her lower right ribs. Knife scars down one of her thighs.

"I learned to build up a wall so I don't usually feel others. It can be...overwhelming and distracting." But the bond with him? This...mating bond was making it nigh impossible to keep the wall up between them. And with what they'd just done?

She didn't know sex could feel like that.

"Does this mean I'll never be rid of that smug grin now?"

• Smug
Reactions: Cillian
Cillian threw her one such grin.

"Aye. Never, ever," he promised and leaned over to cup her cheek and run his thumb over her skin. His own was rough and calloused from his work but he held her as delicately as one would a butterfly. The leprechaun lay back down beside her and pillowed his head on one of his arms which flexed under the movement. He was not without his own scars though they were much, much fewer than the array Sierra's presented like a tragic tapestry. A sigil in the shape of a bird was burnt into his hip and a white scar ran across his shoulder blade. For a fae such scars meant they had almost killed him.

Cilli ran his fingers into her hair.

"I cannae wait to show you and Rose teh world, Duchess," he smiled deeply so his eyes crinkled at the corners. "I 'ave homes all teh way from 'ere tae the Empire. We can go anywhere. See anything ye want."

• Cthuulove
It didn't take long for her to curl into him. Perch halfway upon that dark-skinned chest of his. Arms folded over the hard-planes of his chest, her chin resting on the back of her wrists as she looked at his eyes. Legs entwined with his.

"I've never traveled for fun," she mused softly. Thinking about all the campaigns and missions. Where she'd had to kill. Or those tinted with worry and fear as she'd met with other rebel leaders in the Underground or ferried children out of Vel Anir.

"And Rose," she just smiled. "Soon the stories I tell her at bedtime will seem droll compared to what she'll experience in her waking hours."

Forehead crinkled as she realized something. Knowing magic had brought her here in the first place.

"I suppose I should ask where exactly here is?" A loft of auburn brows.

• Smug
Cillian chuckled as he begun to carefully trace patterns absent-mindedly across her skin.

"Nowhere that'll blow yer mind, Duchess," his eyes trailed down to look at her and he offered a lopsided smile as he gave her shoulder a squeeze. "We're in the Alliria Reach. Teh fae, we don't exist in a completely different world like... like aliens or somethin'," he chuckled as if the idea were absurd. "We just... live in tae part o' teh world where mortals don't tend tae look. The Between, we call it. It's that spot you catch out the corner of your eye but when ye look it's not there. Perfectly real, just... inconceivable to the mortal mind."

• Sip
“Hrmm,” she hummed against him. It was farther from Vel Anir than she thought. And there was a comfort in that.

She’d been protecting herself and Rose for so long it was strange to realize she might not have to do that as much. To let someone else help her. To lean into this strange, fae lifestyle.

“What place would you think Rose would like to see the most?” Dipping her head, she pressed a soft kiss on his skin. He’d mentioned he had all these houses. She supposed the real estate collection happened naturally when one lived that long. And she wasn’t ready to think about what would happen as she aged and he didn’t.

• Thoughtful
Cillian lapsed into silence as he gave the question considerable thought.

"I think... in her current fascination of unicorn phase... she would like the Evermore Glades," he smiled at the thought of it. "Ye know teh book she keeps reading from, teh one with pictures of that beautiful meadow with all teh unicorns stood around grazing? Well, teh author had the Sight and it were the Evermores he based 'em off," it was a beautiful, tranquil spot. Only those with pure intentions could enter the protected lands. Unicorns were rare even amongst the fae and so were under the protection of all Courts - aside from the Night Court.

"But you... Hmm... You Duchess I think I would take tae the Mchawi Islands, it's as close tae paradise I've ever seen. White sands, seas so clear ye can see teh fish and turtles.... oh and the drinks are tae die for," he grinned.

• Cthuulove
"She is absolutely obsessed with unicorns right now," Sierra smiled. Thankful it was that. Glad it wasn't obsession with knives. Or fighting. Or bloodshed. Or battle-tactics like she'd been at that age. Been forced to be at that age.

One hand reached up and lazily played with some of Cillian's dark curls.

She quieted as he spoke about the islands. "Did you know I grew up by the sea?" She rarely talked about what she remembered from her childhood before they came for her with anyone. Partly because she didn't remember and more importantly because it made her sad. Sad that her parents had just given her away so easily.

Even if they hadn't had a choice.

"When I was very young, me and a few others used to sneak aboard the warships they were building and treat it as our personal playground. Causing all sorts of trouble."

A breath.

"But I'd like that. As long as its with you. I'd like to go anywhere and I know Rose will feel the same."

• Smug
"I did not, lass," he murmured quietly against her hair then held her tenderly whilst she carefully unwrapped that little hidden bit of herself. Cillian wondered if she realised what a gift it was every time she did. Every snippet she gave him into understanding what had happened to create the woman he loved. For good or bad they all had had a hand to play in the woman she was today. His mate.

"Personal playground, eh?" he chuckled at the mental image even though he knew what she had been even then as a child. It warmed him to know even in the dark she had found reasons to laugh and have fun. That was what it meant to be a child after all.

"If ye like ships we could go tae one of the biggest docks in Arethil."

• Cthuulove
Little by little she relaxed against him. When was the last time she’d let anyone hold her? Truly hold her. Trusted them enough to. To embrace it.

She couldn't deny this bond.

He was becoming a part of her and even though it scared her, she’d never been one to back down from the unknown. “Maybe we should start with the islands,” she murmured against him. “I’m not used to good drinks. On the few days we had off there was only stale beer.” Nose scrunched up in distaste. And even though they’d been allowed to drink, there was so much betrayal and backstabbing, she’d never really allowed herself to.

And of course it was more than the drinks. She wanted to see Rose play in the waves and sand. Wanted to feel the salty air on her skin without the threat of war on the horizon. Or the threat that her daughter would be taken from her.

• Cthuulove
Cillian pressed a kiss to her auburn hair.

"Then the islands it is," he agreed quietly. He didn't know when it would happen - if it were up to him he would leave right that moment - but he might a silent vow that it would happen. He would see them both on those white sands, taste the joy in their laugh and hope to capture every single moment in his memories for the future. His fingers grazed over her skin as he let silence lapse for a while. He could lay here in this bliss forever.

"Do you... have things you need to sort first?" He asked reluctantly.

• Bless
A sigh against him.

Yes she did.

She had letters to write. She would be gone a lot longer from the Academy. From Vel Anir. A very extended absence. She'd have to make sure the new Proctors remained in line. And were up for the task of raising this new generation.

A quick kiss on his nose as she finally pulled back and escaped his warm embrace. "I need to send some letters to Vel Anir. And...we need to ask Rose if she's okay with going."

It turned out Rose was more than okay with going. Especially at the thought of seeing mermaids and pirates. Sierra had to explain that both could be dangerous. It only took two weeks to get things sorted with the Academy. The hardest part was trying to fit all of Rose's new belongings into her suitcases.

"Mommy, I can't leave Mister Tumtum Unicorn. I just can't." Rose gripped the stuffie tightly to her chest as if she thought her mother would rip it away from her. Sierra sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Remember we talked about this. Is there something else you can leave behind so he'll fit into your bags?" Rose turned to her already over-stuffed bag. Seriously thinking. Then shook her head.

"Well, Misses Binbean wants to come as much as Mister Tumtum." Rose explained like it was obvious and a truly just reason of why something else couldn't leave to make room for the other.

• Haha
"'ere, Lass, I got room in my suitcase," Cillian said from the doorway. He'd been passing the door on his way down with another load of bags to fill up the cart when he had paused to listen to the adorable conversation. It had his heart bursting. So with a smile he set his own case on the floor and opened it. There was little in the way of belongings inside considering they were travelling to another one of his houses. The majority of what was in the cart were Sierra's and Rose's belongings despite him insisting they could buy what they needed there.

Rose threw him a dimpled grin then carefully placed the unicorn inside before kissing his cheek.

"Is that everything ladies?"
he asked, locking the case and standing once again.

• Bless
"Yes," Sierra said firmly. Dear Goddess. They would have to take another wagon if they brought anything else. Rose slipped her hand inside Sierra's and nodded her little head. Sierra gently steered her and herded Cillian along before Rose could change her mind about anything else.

Down the stairs and out the kitchen to where the cart was waiting beyond the door. "Mommy, you don't have to leave us again do you?" Rose looked up, a hint of worry in her bright blue eyes framed by her dark hair. Shifting Rose's bag over one shoulder, she scooped her daughter up so they could look eye-to-eye.

"No, we're all traveling together," Rose stared back at Sierra as if she still didn't believe what her mom was saying. And oh, did that make Sierra's heart ache.

• Aww
Cillian wrapped his arms around them both and kissed both their heads.

"Together," he repeated firmly then flashed them both a grin. "Now, come on. FrauFrau is an impatient mare, eh?" he winked and then released them both. He loaded the last of the bags up into the back of his gypsy cart and made sure the ropes were tied down firm. Travelling the Leys could be bumpy at times especially with passengers who were not fae.

"C'mon, all aboard. We don't want tae miss those mermaids now do we?"
he raised a brow and then helped both Rose and Sierra up into the front of the wagon.

• Cthuulove
"Yes it's FrauFrau who is the impatient one," a wink to her mate as she settled Rose between them. A smooth of her fingers through her daughter's hair. Rose leaned over Sierra's lap and called to the river.

"But don't worry Ariel. I will still think you are the most magnificent and beautiful even after I meet the mermaids!" Her little voice filled the glenn in a cheery call.

Reaching over Rose’s head Sierra gave Cillian’s shoulder a tender squeeze, letting her fingers linger there for a moment. How strange that life had lead them here.

• Cthuulove
Cillian chuckled at Rose's comment and shook his head. Then with a click of the tongue and a crack of the reins and the gypsy cob with her long flowing flaxen mane was off. He'd never felt so content and happy in his life, he thought to himself as he glanced over at Sierra then down to Rose who was asking to climb into his lap to help drive. He didn't think he could ever be more happy.

It was hard to pinpoint when exactly they hit the Leylines through which they would travel other than the sudden uneasy flipping motion in the stomach, like when a cart flew over a bridge too fast. It only lasted a few seconds before soothing and FrauFrau merely flicked her ears. A few steps here could be miles outside but it still took two days through the Leys to reach their destination.

Stepping out caused that same uneasiness in the stomach but the sight of the bright cerulean ocean beyond was more than enough to make up for it. They were sat atop a grassy cliff that overlooked long stretches of white sand where children ran into the waves to splash and swim with one another. With care Cillian angled FrauFrau down the hilly track towards the beach.

• Ctuhlu senpai
The feeling of leyline travel made Rose giggle. Rose had a sturdy stomach. It made Sierra thankful she’d skipped breakfast. She could only hope it was something she’d get used to.

Rose’s eyes widened as she saw the ocean for the first time. The waves and the other kids. She tugged Sierra’s sleeve and looked between Cillian and Sierra. “Do you think they’ll want to play with me?”

Sierra couldn’t help but smile. It wasn’t a comment on the beauty before them. Rose was worried about being accepted by the others. It made sense, since she hadn’t been around those her same age in quite some time.

• Aww
"Aye, of course they will!" Cillian boomed with hearty confidence. It was so easy to forget where Rose had been raised. He would not have thought it of the girl who had run around his meadow these last few meadows talking to pixies, nymphs and brownies. He glanced over when he felt Sierra's twist of the heart and then the dawning happened and he glanced back down at Rose.

"Teh Mchawi are very friendly people. If you're lucky you migh' also meet a Lung. They're these biiiiig sea snakes and if ye given 'em a treat they let teh children ride on its back."

• Cthuulove
Rose's face lit up at Cillian's words. "I have just the thing," she beamed and patted her pocket where she had a wrapped candy from earlier stored away.

As soon as the wagon rolled to a stop, Rose was scrambling down. "Just be careful!" Sierra called. She knew Rose would be but she couldn't help the warning. Her daughter was anything but shy. At least now. Little legs pumped across the beach as she ran to join the other children by the waves, her dark pigtails bobbing in the breeze.

Sierra took that moment to slide next to Cillian, letting her arm snake around his waist and her head rest briefly on his shoulder as she took a deep breath of the salty air.

Home.

It reminded her of home. Her head lifted and she realized something. "You know? I don't have a swimsuit."

• Smug
Cillian groaned beneath his breath and his fingers tightened briefly against her waist.

"As much as I would love tae suggest ye didn't need one Duchess, I took teh liberty of getting one for yer both. I dinnea think Rose would want tae leave to go shopping once we got here," and as his eyes followed the tiny terror across the sands he had the feeling he'd made the right call. When she came back to ask to swim they could get her changed into the little swimsuit he'd made for her then leave her to her own devices.

Reaching back into the cart he rummaged for the right bag then set it on the seat where Rose had been sitting.

"In 'ere."

• Bless
Sierra nudged him lightly with her elbow. “I’m sure you’d enjoy me in the nude but I’m not ready to prance around in front of everyone else. And the Lungs.”

A glance to Rose in the distance running around before letting her eyes fall to the bag he’d gotten out. Opening it, she found a small purple swimsuit for Rose. There was even a sequined mermaid stitched along the side and instantly, Sierra knew Rose would adore it. Hands dipped in once more and she found a dark-green swimsuit. It was two pieces with a modest top.

She could tell it was made with care.

“I love it,” she said quietly, eyes panning back to her mate.

• Cthuulove
Cillian grinned at her compliment, a deep sense of pride and love welling in his chest.

"I'm glad," he murmured then leaned forward to plant a kiss on her forehead. "Let's go set up a little spot shall we?" he motioned to the sand.

With her nod he clambered down and begun unhitching FrauFrau from the wagon and leading her to a shaded grassy area where other mounts waited. Then he helped unload towels and blankets and an umbrella from the back to make their little camp for the day.

• Bless
How was it that every look? Touch? Damn. Still made her chest twist and blood warm.

Shaking her head at herself, she helped with the bags and grabbed the picnic basket. They found a good spot that was close to the water but far enough that they wouldn't have to worry about the tide when it shifted. Gathering the swimsuit Cillian made for her, she pressed a quick kiss to his cheek.

"I'm going to find a place to change. You've got Rose?"

Rose didn't care about her clothing it seemed, she was already half soaked from playing in the waves with the other children. With a confirmation, she'd head back up the beach toward the carts.

• Cthuulove
"Always," he chuckled as he sat down upon the towel and watched Rose squeal as one of the young lads soaked her with a well aimed splash. She soon returned the favour. He briefly watched her as she set off up the beach then turned back to watch Rose and the other children. He caught the eye of another father and the pair exchanged a solemn nod of fellowship.

By the time Sierra returned Cillian had removed his shirt and stripped down to his own swimming clothes which were a brilliant tropical print. He was laid out with a book and two cocktails waiting in coconuts.

• Smug