Private Tales Healing of the Heart

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Did she really want to stay here?

Rose's laughter not only filled the glen but filled her soul. She hadn't heard Rose laugh that lightly in a very long time - if ever - in Vel Anir. That alone would be enough to make her stay or endure anything. But there was something about the way her eyes always looked for Cillian's twin golden suns. The way his touch pulsed across her skin.

That damnable smirk and those nicknames he gave her.

Leaning into him she gently turned his face toward her with her other hand. Brought her lips to his own. "Yes," she breathed. She had a lot to learn to make it work. But they could talk about details later.

A smile twisted her lips.

"As long as you give me one of those special necklaces I suppose."

• Love
Reactions: Cillian
Cillian wanted to kiss her a thousand times over for saying that word, agreeing to live here with him. Of course, they wouldn't just live here. The leprechaun had homes all over the globe. He could show them both the world, show them things they hadn't even know existed, and experience it all for the first time through their eyes. He tried to rein himself in so as not to overwhelm her.

So instead he laughed against her lips in a deep, husky manner at the mention of necklaces.

"I'll make ye one for every day of teh year."

• Aww
Reactions: Sierra
She breathed against him. She was never a jewelry girl but she supposed if he made them. If they had whatever symbol on it that meant she was a friend to the fae and was known by him, then maybe - perhaps - she'd become one. But only for him. Her lips lingered against his own for a moment. Then she set the pastry bag down. Set her coffee down and stood, offering her hands to the pointed-eared leprechaun.

She still couldn't believe he'd ventured into Vel Anir when she'd met him.

Considering they could've mistaken him easily for an elf.

And she couldn't believe what she felt for him. As she stared down at his tanned face. And a part of her wondered what kind of spell he'd woven on her. A small shake of her head at her own inner-thoughts as she'd pull him up.

"Come on. Let's go play in the river with Rose."

For the first time in a long time a light, mischievous look crept across her face. A lightening of the burden she always seemed to carry as she tugged him along. And not caring about her boots or clothes getting wet, she kicked her foot into the waters, sending a giant splash his way.

• Aww
Cillian chuckled but obliged her as she reached down to drag him to his feet. He'd not had time for boots in his haste to get out the door so it was bare footed and bare chested he padded down to the shore after her to wade into the cool, clear waters.

Which was probably a good thing for a second later he was absolutely drenched.

"Oh, tis like that is it?" he laughed as water rolled down his chest. Wiping some droplets from his eyes he then bent in a quick, fluid movement, and with cupped hands shot a wave in her direction.

• Haha
She sputtered as the ‘wave’ hit her face. A laugh filled Sierra’s belly. She couldn’t remember the last time, if ever, she’d laughed like this.

Rose’s giggle screeched as she caught some of the extra spray. She threw a small handful right back at him before her attention was drawn back to the water nymph.

Sierra shifted her weight and took ONE-TWO giant sploshing steps as she launched herself at the bare-chested Cillian. With full intentions of tackling him into the water. That hair of his needed a good soak.

• Haha
Cillian didn't bother to brace. It was far more fun to lose and play than to stand firm and win. So backwards into the waves did the leprechaun go laughing so hard that the sound vibrated through his chest. He made sure to wrap his arms around the small bundle of fire that was his Sierra when she tackled him so he could tug her into the water too.

The waves that were caused soaked Rose and washed through Ariel causing both of them to turn and stare at the two adults childishly rolling over one another and trying to dunk one another under the surface of the river all whilst laughing.

• Haha
A surprised yelp left her throat as she was dragged down with him. And then rolled. River water soaked every part of her that had been dry. She could feel the water filling her boots, soaking her clothes and hair. A sputter as she rocked her hips and hooked her legs around his to roll them again.

She lasted on top for a few seconds as they kept wrestling. Going back and forth. The smile never leaving her face.

She knew Rose had never seen her like this. Full of carefree laughter and…joy. But for the moment, her eyes were only for Cillian.

They were deeper now. In the center of the lazy river. Sierra could maybe reach the rocky bottom if she stretched her toes. Her arm looped around Cillian’s neck. One hand lifted to brush the streams of dripping water away from her face. Her laughter began to quiet as she caught her breath. And found herself content to pause in the chaos. To steal a moment of quiet being close to him and just being.

• Smug
Cillian's booming laugh died down into a deep, rumbling chuckle as they stood in the deeper part of the river. Being a good head taller than Sierra he had no issues with touching the floor and so he planted his hands on her hips and gently assured that she wasn't about to slip or dip beneath the waves. It was pointless, of course, he knew she was more then capable but... but he couldn't not. Couldn't not try and protect a woman who was so much a part of his very soul, even if she might never accept it.

He didn't think of any of that now of course.

Now he was too busy thinking about the sound of her laugh and wondering what it would taste like.

"I think I might be a little bit in love with ye, Duchess," he confessed with a timid smile.

• Aww
A nervous stutter of her heart. Not because she didn’t feel the same way. But because she did. She’d told Cillian she liked to be in control and it was strange to suddenly feel like she wasn’t, that control had been an illusion all along. At least when it came to his smoldering golden gaze. That smirk of his.

Her hand moved from her own face to gently wipe at the rivulets of water away from his cheeks. Fingers and palm spread along the side of his bearded face. She leaned in slowly. As if fearful that moving too fast would make it all disappear. Or that she’d awake from whatever this bizarre dream was.

She felt like her own words would fall flat, so she tried expressing her feelings in a kiss. And as she kissed him, she let the wall around her feelings drop. Just a peek. Just for a moment. The empath pushed those feelings out to share with Cillian. A paint brush along his emotions.

It was a painting Cillian could have sat and stared at all day.

The feeling she shared eased all the hidden fears he had about her leaving or not feeling the same. The concerns he harboured for telling her the full truth at the extent of their bond in case she was scared of what that truly meant. How deeply they were destined to be joined. That little glimpse was enough to fill him with all the joy and bravery he needed to face anything.

Slowly they eased apart and he rested his forehead against hers, his chest rising and falling with jagged breaths and the thundering beat of his heart.

"I... I need teh tell ye how yer were able to get here."

• Nervous
Her eyes remained closed as they stood pressed together. She couldn't explain it but it felt as if she'd been waiting for this her entire life. It was like she was seeing for the first time that her love for Hal was just a pale shade of a truly brighter and deeper color. A color she'd never known existed until this moment.

Brow furrowed a this next statement.

She pulled back so she could look at him in the eyes. Her ears picked up the sounds of Rose and Ariel still playing behind them. Laughter and splashes.

"I thought it was because you said I was fae-sighted?" She was still trying to figure out what that meant. Besides being able to see this world.

• Sip
"Aye... aye ye are Lass but... I think... I think that might be because of me."

Slowly sliding his hands from her waist to take her hand he begun to wade back through the river to the sand shore. Sitting down made his breeches squeak and puff up with all the water logged in them but he paid it little mind and swept his hair back from his face so he could focus the full weight of his golden eyes on her. There was nothing to betrayed any hint that what he was about to tell her was bad per see, but there was definitely a look of trepidation.

"I did'nae want teh tell ye, not because it's bad but... well I was scared of how you might... react... to me," he said slowly then took a deep breath.

"Among the fae there is a very special bond that is formed between people. They have no control over it, it could snap into place for anyone. And tis a very, very rare thing. Some people choose to reject it but because of how special it is not many fae do. It's called... the mating bond. And Sierra, I felt it with you when you went to go back to that warzone, and I think... I think because of that bond ye got yer fae sight."

Another deep breath.

"I just want tae say, this doesn't mean I expect... anything. Ye can walk away and it would break me heart but I'd understand. I just... when I felt... I knew I had tae tell ye."

• Cry
That look on his face. The trepidation she felt from him made her more inclined to take a seat as well. Across from him on the grassy bank. Hands moved to her water logged boots as she tugged one off and dumped the river water that had stowed away in a small splash. She tugged the second one off to do the same.

She might've ruined them.

But that didn’t matter. Pale eyes lifted, auburn brows crinkling in thought. Taking everything he said in. Or trying to.

“But…you said it happens among the fae. I’m not…,” voice trailed off at the obvious. She had been feeling something strange ever since she’d gotten here. And now, even with the explanation.

It was a lot.

• Stressed
Cillian's lips tugged upwards but the gesture looked sad.

"Some o' us, find our mates in the mortal world," and a lot of fae would call finding such a thing a curse. There was no way he knew of that could turn her fae. Even through leprechaun magic. What she would become should he wish it could be something... not Sierra. And Cillian didn't want anything or anyone that wasn't the woman pouring river water from her boots opposite him.

"Mortals find it harder teh feel it, but it comes over in other ways like... fae sight. If you were teh accept it more things might move between us, ye might get a little touch o' luck or ye might find yourself a little stronger."

• Cry
Her furrowed brow didn't smooth out. It remained pinched in thought. A small frown tugging at the corners of her mouth. Her fingers lifted to unplaster some of her own hair from her face. Her waterlogged shirt clung uncomfortably to her skin.

"So I'd still have a choice?" Her voice strained. "To reject what...I'm feeling?" She felt horrified even asking that. She couldn't even imagine. Even if what he was saying...what she was feeling was some sort of fae magic?

But no.

She refused to believe it was just fae magic. Grey-eyes finally lifted, finding his golden ones. "I don't want to do that," she quickly whispered. Not bearing to feel any agony from him when what she was feeling was overwhelming enough.

Her knees drew up to her chest and her strong, warrior arms encircled them. Bare toes wiggled in the earth. "Does the bond work the other way? Would you ever be able to feel my magic? Feel...emotions like I do?" She didn't know if she'd wish that on him. Her magic had always been somewhat tricky. It could be draining to constantly feel what others were feeling.

• Aww
"Ye always have a choice, Sierra," he said softly though the thought of her choosing to not accept him broke him in ways he couldn't begin to describe. He felt the cracks forming now ready for the blow of her rejection but he kept it to himself, buried deep down. Seeing her folding in on herself tugged him in a way he couldn't describe and in the end he rose to sit beside her, his hand resting on the small of her back where he begun to rub small circles in a soothing manner.

"Aye, it ... could. Honestly fae and mortal bonds are so rare I dinnae know much about 'em," he used his spare hand to rub at his beard. Perhaps he should have researched it more. "I think for the most it'll just be me being able teh sense ye, when you're in trouble. Your emotions."

• Aww
She wanted to keep her shield up as he sat down next to her. But there was an inexplicable tug at his nearness. A softening and the smallest of leans into him. Even as her arms remained circled around her legs.

“My emotions?” Rusty-brown brows rose on her face. A sideways glance at the fae male. “I’m a master empath,” she huffed. “That would be quite powerful fae magic indeed,” a ghost of a smile lingered across her lips before it disappeared.

“Did you sense me this morning before you found me in the village?”

Sierra could still hear Rose playing with the nymph. A little quieter. Sierra couldn’t tell if she’d inherited some of her empathic skills and knew the adults were having a serious conversation or if she was just trying to eavesdrop.

Cillian's considered telling a half truth. The way she looked up at him, the shadows in her eyes, he wondered if that was too much for her. If his being able to sense her danger, her needs, would make her run in the opposite direction. He didn't know about Rose's birth father aside from he was no longer in the picture but he sensed whoever the man was was a part of the reason Sierra feared opening up to someone again.

But fae couldn't lie and Cillian couldn't present the truth in a dishonest way to her. Never to her.

"Aye... I sensed ye were... uncomfortable," the itching of fear. "I thought ye were having a nightmare but when I woke up and you were gone..."

• Aww
If he’d sensed that then he certainly sensed her ire. She didn’t know if she liked the idea of someone seeing ALL of her. The cracks in her armor. The weaknesses they’d been taught to hide at the Academy for so long in order to survive.

She swallowed and looked over at him, then toward Rose.

She rested her head against his upper arm and stayed silent. How much had Hal not seen? And still he disappeared. Never came back.

There was a dull ache in her chest.

Dreading the question she still asked it. He’d had a life before meeting her and Rose. Did he miss it? The freedom he’d had?

“And you’re sure you want all this?” She didn’t meet his eyes but also didn't move away from him.

• Cthuulove
Cillian looked down at her startled.

"Why wouldn't I, Lass?" he asked, aghast. His eyes flickered back to Rose and the way she played and laughed with Ariel. He couldn't help the curve of his lips at the sight before looking back down at Sierra, a touch of concern clouding his amber gaze. "I have'nae had my own family in thousands of years, Sierra. You. Rose," he shook his head quietly.

"I wonder if the Fates made me wait all this time so I could 'ave one of my own," there was never any hint in his tone that he did not include Rose in that sentiment as well as Sierra.

"If you... Whatever you decide Sierra, I want ye to know. You and Rose already own my heart, bond or not."

• Cthuulove
He meant it. She felt it through her own magic. Her powers that had toppled cities. And through this…bond. A growing and changing thing.

Her head lifted from his shoulder. Her expression softened. She still had questions. Things to sort out. But it all didn’t have to happen today.

They had time.

Her fingers lifted and gently stroked through his wet, tangled hair. Smoothed over his skin. She was scared to admit this but she said it anyway.

“You have mine,” she whispered.

By the river Rose giggled and yelled, “Ew gross, are you going to kiss AGAIN?!”

• Smug
There was a subtle click.

Cillian wasn't sure what he had been expecting. Fireworks. An explosion of jealousy and protectiveness. Something fierce and vengeful. That was more in-keeping with the stories he had heard from his father and older male relatives who had been lucky enough to find his mate. What Cillian felt was far deeper. It was like a great settling of his bones, an easing of his constant itchy need to keep moving. He felt... well he felt home. Home in a way he hadn't felt since his father and brothers murder in the great Purge.

"Aye," he chuckled at Roses' shout. "Aye, we are," and with that he gently pulled Sierra closed, wound his fingers into her hair and claimed her lips in a sealing kiss.

• Cthuulove
A strange kind of magic began winding its way through her blood. In her veins. She couldn't describe it as her lips pressed against Cillian's. Her fingers claiming his hair and skin. It was something that connected what she already had and ignited it into something more.

Something different.

Ancient and powerful. It was Rose's shriek of laughter and her playful roll of her eyes and shout that it was gross that finally made Sierra break first. Her quiet huff of laughter against Cillian. And by all that was unholy, she only wanted to rip the male's little remaining clothing off. But digging up some self-control she pulled back enough to call to Ariel.

"Would you be okay with watching Rose for a little longer? I'd like to show Cillian something in the house." Rose was making smooching noises into the air and giggling fiercely.

• Smug
Cillian's grin took up his whole face.

"Of course, Lady Sierra," Ariel replied, a small smile curving her own water lips. She quickly placed a hand over her mouth to hide it but it shone through her eyes despite her transparent appearance. Rose seemed to take it that her friend was laughing with her than at something only adults understood and the two soon fell back into their play without another look towards the adults.

"Something in the house, eh?"
the smug leprechaun grinned as he put a hand on the small of her back and gently turned her towards the cottage. He practically skipped. "Ye dinnae need a house last night Duchess..."

• Haha
Her waterlogged boots were left outside. Forgotten. They'd dry in the sun or she'd just get Cillian to make her a new pair.

As soon as she was inside the cottage and nudged the door closed with her foot, she gave Cillian a mocking glare. She didn't need to explain that Rose was outside now and how inappropriate that would be. And she realized that Ariel could VERY WELL have seen everything yesterday.

Oh hells.

"Just shut up," she spoke for him and for herself. Fingers tugged impatiently at the wet shirt that seemed cemented to her own skin. "And come here," one hand still tried to work the buttons free as the other snaked around his waist and pulled him in, claiming that rascal mouth of his.

• Smug