Private Tales Healing of the Heart

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Sierra's rubbed her fingers self-consciously down one of her exposed scars. Markings of war and survival. She'd never been this exposed in public before. A quick scan on the beach to see Rose splashing one of the older kids. A smile and shake of her head as her attention returned back to the leprechaun.

"I return to find two drinks and an attractive male with them. Just my luck." Lowering herself down on the towel next to him with her legs spread out in front of her, her shoulder nudged his own. She would by lying if she said she wasn't a little proud of her own joke. A curl of fingers through unruly auburn-hair, pushing the thick strands that kept wanting to blow in front of her face from the wind clear. Plucking up one of the coconuts she took a hesitant sniff.

"What's in here?"

• Smug
Reactions: Cillian
Cillian chuckled and glanced up from his book at her comment.

"Stick wit' me Duchess, luck will never 'ave to be a thing you worry about," he offered a wink and one of those signature grins before his eyes travelled down the length of her. A low whistle escaped his lips and if she were to shoot him a look he would only return it with one of pure, devilish innocence. He then proceeded to turn his attention back to his book as though nothing at all had transpired.

"The Mchawii are famous for their rum, so I took the liberty of getting you one of their cocktails. It's very sweet, pineapple-y with a bit of syrup," he picked up his own coconuts and took a sip then gave an appreciative sigh.

• Sip
Reactions: Sierra
She did shoot him a signature Sierra look. Exasperating man. Whom she lo-...thoughts paused. She pushed those feelings deep down.

"Here's to my first go at something other than stale beer," she raised the coconut in salute and brought the straw to her mouth, taking a hesitant sip. Then another. It was sweet. But really, anything tasted better than stale, warm beer. And she didn't realize that rum had less alcohol than beer as she happily sipped and slurped away. Unaware.

Until she was slurping at empty air at the bottom of the shell.

A frown as she peered into the empty cup.

• Sip
Cillian gave a big dramatic sigh as he gently took the coconut from her and stood.

"I can see what my job is gonna be today," he tsked and threw her a wink. The leprechaun didn't even wait for her to protest for he knew - he could feel - she wanted another one and there was nothing in the world he didn't want to give her when he could feel it like that.

It wasn't long before he was back but this time it was with the coconut and a bottle in a barrel of ice tucked under one arm.

"I got them to make us up a bottle to save ma poor feet."

• Haha
Sierra stood and gave Cillian a quick peck on the tip of his nose. “So gallant and smug,” she smiled and took the coconut turning just in time to get barreled into by a half-soaked Rose.

Warrior’s strength and reflexes kept her and her drink from being knocked over. “Oof,” breath left her mouth as the little arms around her squeezed. “Mommy and Ceecee, can I go swimming? That tall boy over there was laughing because I didn’t have a swimsuit on.”

Sierra’s gaze flickered over to the offender then back to her daughter. Tempted to weave a burst of fear into him. “Yes, my love. And Cillian has a present for you.” Rose turned her wide-blue eyes to Cillian, releasing her mom.

Cillian plopped back down onto his towel and was just about to take his own sip of drink when Rose dropped down beside him.

"What's the present?!" she asked eagerly and eyed up the drink in his hands. Carefully he set it down and far out of her reach. That was certainly not a present he intended on giving her until much later on in life.

"Here you go," he rummaged in his bag and pulled out the swimsuit which was now neatly wrapped in brown paper which had been stamped in unicorns and mermaids. He winked at Sierra when she opened her mouth to ask how he had done that in the few moments since she had looked at it.

• Wonder
A quirk of an auburn brow in Cilli's direction. That man. Rose tore through his careful work and held up the swimsuit. Which she immediately clutched to her little chest.

"I love it!" She exclaimed.

Sierra stood and wobbled a bit. A surprised look down at her half-finished second drink. Hmph, maybe these were stronger than they let on. Picking up a towel, she held it around Rose, motioning for Cilli to do the same on the other side.

"Go ahead and change then you can go back to the water and play with them again." Rose squealed and quickly stripped down in the makeshift changing area. With new swimsuit on, Sierra lowered the towel as Rose took off back down the beach.

A sigh as she plopped back onto the blanket next to Cilli.

"I think I remember when I had that much energy, long ago," a wistful look as she took another slurp, a hint of mischief in her eyes.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Cillian chuckled as he watched Rose run back to her new found friends who were waiting for her. The girls exclaimed over her swimsuit which she showed off proudly and then the boys led them all into the waves. The Mchawi were born on the water but they didn't leave Rose behind when she was slower and Cillian smiled to himself. A kind people. It was partly why he had suggested it.

"Aye me too, many centuries ago," he took a sip of his own drink and then settled back into his position, picking his book up and pretending to ignore the mischievous glint in her eyes that turned his insides into molten heat.

• Smug
"Never thought I'd fall for an old man," she grunted as she finished her second drink. A quick peck on his cheek before standing and wobbling over to the bottle to pour herself a third. Because why the hells not?

On this rare occasion, she wasn't worried about being found by other dreadlords or rebels. She wasn't worried about Rose's safety or her own. She felt like she actually had the freedom to feel....carefree.

And what a strange feeling THAT was.

"I'm going to go dip my toes in the water," she announced, taking her newly filled coconut cup with her. With a gait that was far from sober, she made her way to where the waves were rolling up onto the beach.

• Sip
"Less o' tae old, thank you," Cillian sniffed dramatically but a smile played about his lips. He'd been planning to settle back down to his book when Sierra announced she was heading for a paddle. There was nothing Cillian feared here but just like he kept an eye even now on Rose as she swam further out, he also kept an eye on Sierra.

Or at least he told himself that as he watched her walking away his eyes drifting lower and lingering.

He sipped on the cool drink to refresh himself then went back to his book.

• Haha
Sierra dipped her toes into the water and lingered at the shore without incidence. It wasn't until she began walking back up the beach that she wobbled and fell onto the rear Cillian was earlier admiring. A small burble of laughter left her throat. She wasn't even...embarrassed.

"Oopsiedaisy," Sierra spoke to herself, legs pushing back to a stand. With a frown, she realized her coconut cup was empty once again. Plodding through the sand, she threw the cup down onto the sand next to Cillian and plopped her sandy bum right on top of his chest or back, depending on which way he was lounging and reading.

"Go in the water with me?"

• Haha
Cillian had been just getting back into his book when the movement of Sierra falling drew his eyes up. If he had thought her to be in any real danger of hurting herself he would have been by her side in seconds but as it was her silly, clumsy fall only served to make him chuckle and he quietly tucked the memory away to tease her with later. He was prepared for something and so dodged the coconut shell lobbed at the sand next to him and made a comical oof when she sat upon his chest.

"Well..." he said slowly as though labouring under the decision. "I suppose ye could convince me," he waggled his brows.

• Smug
"Oh?" Auburn-brows lifted. "Convince you?" A finger tapped her chin for a moment. Thoughtfully. In a flash of speed, which was surprising, considering how sloshed she was, she snatched the book from his hands and stood. Wobbled for a moment, then dashed away - halfway toward the water.

It was a burst of supernatural speed but Sierra was definitely too tipsy to take notice of it.

Even as she held his book up triumphantly in one hand. "I'm going to go throw it in the water unless you get to me first!"

• Stressed
Cillian stared at the empty spot in his hands where the book had been. Now, he was no High Fae like the Duanann but he was a Greater Fae and even a brownie could move faster than a human. So it took him completely off guard when Sierra managed to not only rip it from his hands but get away with it before his mind could work out what was happening.

With a surprised laugh he shook his head and took off after her.

She might have inherited a little speed from the mating bond but Cilli was still a fae. He scooped her up and threw her over his shoulder, giving her rear end a sharp slap.

"Throwin' a man's book in tae water is a criminal offence, ye know."

• Haha
The book fumbled into the sand, dangerously close to the next wave coming in as she found herself slung over one of his tanned, muscular shoulders. She yelped as he got a good shot in. A wiggle against him as she squirmed, laughter on her lips.

"You will pay for that," she declared before a loud, sharp hiccup escaped from her mouth. Then another. "Oh gods," Sierra exclaimed through a burst of laughter interrupted by hiccups. "I think...hee--yup."

"I'heeeUUUP,m drun-hee-UPP-nk."

Reaching around, she'd try to grapple with Cillian, legs flailing wildly. As if she could tackle them both into the water.

• Haha
"Watch ya - oof, Kress Lassie," Cillian muttered as the legs began flailing wildly and one knee cracked him across the jaw. He would have rubbed it if he wasn't using his free hand to keep himself from losing an eye from a sharp elbow.

In his attempt to crouch and retrieve his book all he ended up doing was flicking it further up the sand before crashing backwards with Sierra into the waves. Waters surged over both their heads and Cilli came up coughing and shaking his head like a wet dog though he was soon laughing and helping her up too.

"Aye, you're drunk alright."

• Smug
She sputtered as the wave swallowed her. Sand and salt mixed in her hair and filled her nose. But a wicked, sloppy-drunk-triumphant smile was plastered across her mouth as he helped her up. "I never knew alcohol could taste good," she murmured hand coming up to lift the mop of hair that was plastered all across her lightly freckled-face. The water was unbelievably clear and warm.

Sierra wrapped her fingers around Cillian's hand that helped her steady herself and pulled him back with her. Further past the waves and further out. "Come on, old man." Then she release him and disappeared beneath the water, diving down.

She forgot how much she liked being in the water.

• Sip
"Aye, me father always said a woman would kill me," Cillian muttered as he watched her suddenly rally and throw herself into deeper water. Because that was what you did once you admitted you were drunk. Swim. Deeper. He ran a hand down his face and then waded after her, casting an eye briefly over to Rose to ensure she was well. From the squealing coming from the large Lung and the giggles he felt 99% certain she was barely paying either him or her mother a second thought.

"Comin' lass," he chuckled to himself and then dived beneath the waves after her.

He wasn't sure how long they spent playing in the waves, exploring the shallow corals that lived in the protected sea shore of the Mchawi Islands, but the sun was beginning to dip by the time he decided to drag Sierra from the sea.

"C'mon, we need tae get some food."

• Smug
A hangover was very real.

She was already starting to get a headache as the buzz began to wear off. And the fun of swimming with her...with Cillian was no longer a distraction. Mates. They were mates. She still couldn't get used to that word.

That didn't stop her from having a face full of pout at being dragged from her fun. Even as her alcohol-addled mind began to sharpen from its earlier blissful blurr. A hand came up and swiped the salty-water away from her eyes. Bright orange, purples, and deep blues were lighting up the sky with the setting sun.

An old, sort of panic began sweeping in as her head swiveled from side-to-side.

Rose.

Where was Rose?

Her hand suddenly squeezed Cilli's. "Where is she?" She breathed and scanned the groups of people still in the water.

Last edited:
  • Sip
Cillian glanced down when he felt the spike of panic through the bond and tried to soothe it with a smile. He cupped her chin and directed her gaze to the lazing Lung in the shallows.

"She's there, she's safe," he murmured. The young girl was perched atop the Lung's scaled head with two other young children. One of the girls she was with was weaving shapes out of the water whilst Rose clapped her hands. "I promise ye lass, I won't ever let any harm come tae her, now put yer dress back on and I'll go try and pry her off tae Lung," he motioned for her to head back to the towel and their things before he set off towards the waves.

"C'mon Rose, it's time tae go. Dinner!"

• Cthuulove
Sierra nodded once she saw Rose. It was hard for her to realize that she wasn't alone in this anymore. Cillian was here and she knew in her bones he loved Rose as much as she did and would fight for her if he ever had to.

Sierra had been a single parent since Rose was born. Sierra needed time to adjust to something she never imagined would happen.

Rose looked up at Ceecee's call and smiled, waving at him proudly. "Look at me!" She called. "These are my friends and this is the nicest Lung I ever met!" She patted the top of the scaled-head affectionately and with great care. If Lung's could purr, this one would probably be doing it right now. "Can't I have just ten more minutes?" She pouted as Cillian drew closer, giving him her best beggars eyes.

Sierra was already up at the towels. Snatching one up, she began drying herself off, eyes lingering as Cillian's negotiating skills would be put to the test. Fingers brushed through her salty, unruly hair before giving up with a sigh. Dress was tugged on over her head and damp suit. It was warm enough it wouldn't bother her. Then she began gathering up their beach things, heading toward the cart to pack things back away.

They still hadn't been to the house. She assumed it was close by. Making one of the wisest decisions of the day, she swooped up a canteen of water and began drinking it.

• Sip
"Naw, Princess. We gotta get ye mumma home. She's drunk a bit too much... sea water. It upsets teh tummy, c'mon now. We'll come back tomorrow," he held up his hands. The Lung seemed to know what the drill was for it gently snaked its long neck forward and tilted its head till the young girl slid into his outstretched hands. Daughter safely acquired he made his way back up the beach towards Sierra with Rose perched upon his shoulders.

He eyed up the flask of water with approval and a smirk.

"Ready, Duchess? It's only a short walk from here."

• Haha
"Yeah, I'm fine," she quickly capped the canteen and tossed it back into the cart. It missed and settled into the sand. Sierra didn't mind or notice. "Hey sweetie. Did you have fun today," she looped an arm around Cillian's waist, head tilted upwards to look at Rose on his shoulders. She swung her feet a little and nodded, bending down to give her mom's damp haired-head a kiss.

"Oh mommy, your breath smells funny," said Rose.

Sierra narrowed her eyes on her daughter and then Cillian, giving him a silent warning of death if he said anything. "Must be the sunscreen," Sierra said innocently and stumbled in the sand, nearly going down if it wasn't for her arm looped around Cillian.

"Hmm," Rose said. "But yes, I had a lot of fun! I met a lung and some others. Ceecee said we can come back here tomorrow."

Sierra winced, trying to keep up in the soft sands. "Oh did he?" Her gaze glanced around them, trying to concentrate on their surroundings. Ahead she saw a cottage with a wide porch in front with hammocks strung up. "Is that it?"

• Smug
Cillian chuckled and shook his head, then pointed a little further up and behind.

"That one is."

The wooden hut was made out of woven bamboo, straw and leaves and was circular in shape as opposed to square. It was also built on top of stilts meaning it was almost up amongst the treeline itself. Rose squealed.

"We're staying in a treehouse?!" she scrambled to get down from his shoulders and rush ahead. Cillian looped an arm about Sierra's shoulders as they watched the young girl hurry up the ramp.

"Brick is quite hard tae find here, they're reserved for storing food and keeping it cooler," he explained. "Most houses out here are huts like these."

• Cthuulove
"I don't think I could get up there right now without the ramp," she smiled and pushed up on her bare toes in the sand to plant a kiss on Cillian's cheek. "It's beautiful," she said quietly. Of course anything now she would probably think was beautiful as the numbing blanket of the alcohol was still wrapped pretty tightly around her.

Such bliss.

"Well come on," she tugged at Cillian's hand and lead the way. Technically, she was using him for support and balance but she'd never admit that. At the top, she turned and looked over the railing. And they were high enough that any bush or other obstacle to the view of the ocean was well below them.

"How did you find yourself with a house here again?" She asked, letting herself take in the last of the sun's setting colors that flared up in the sky on the horizon, brush-strokes of fire in the sky. Rose was happily exploring the house, already going to claim her space. But Sierra rested her head on Cillian's shoulder, her grip not loosening on his arm.

The floor was swaying like she was on a ship.

That was normal right?

• Smug