Private Tales Girl Fight Tonight!

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"I... Have a confession to make..." Charity's eyes flicked down to the floor uncertainly before coming back up to Dianna. "I'm not really that strong. I mean I'm probably a bit stronger than a normal girl my size, but most of it isn't raw strength. It's all mostly enhancement magic..."
Well, that confirmed her suspicion, there was indeed something supernatural about her strength, and Dianna felt a bit of pride at being able to stand up to it!
She chuckled like Charity told a joke.
"I must be stronger than even I thought then! I sure gave you a tough time even with your magic and you can't deny it!"
She poked Charity in the ribs that were formally cracked because of her.
Then she patted the spot apologetically.
"Sorry about your ribs, by the way. You were so strong I didn't think that blow would do any actual damage."

Charity looked at Dianna with a small frown, feeling like she had somehow cheated during their fight. Not usually something she would worry or feel guilty about, but Dianna was causing all the "usuallys" to get thrown out the window. Charity was relieved to get the guilt off of her chest, and cuddled up to Dianna.

She could feel herself dozing off as they say quietly on the bench. Charity was so comfortable leaning against Dianna and cuddling. And Dianna was so warm... Charity could feel herself beginning to doze off and didn't try to resist it.
Charity was half asleep as she heard Dianna's voice. She moved closer, her face shifting to nuzzle softly against Dianna's neck, and mumbled something incoherently. A dreamy smile appeared on her lips as she felt Dianna tuck her hair behind her ear.

She wanted the moment to last forever. Cuddling up to a strong, supportive, caring woman reminded Charity of her time growing up with Gwen. But with Dianna it was different. The feeling was almost certainly the same, but there was also a slight change that Charity couldn't quite put her finger on.

After a few moments, Charity lifted her head and untangled herself from Dianna. She stood lazily and stretched causing the towel to drop to the floor. "Yeah, I'll help ya..." Charity yawned. "Kinda my fault they ended up like that anyway." She smiled sweetly at Dianna, and went to get dressed.
"Thank you so much! I wasn't looking forward to dragging them all to the well by myself!"
Dianna stood as well and took off her towel as she went to her clothes that were nearly folded on the bench.
Charity was in no rush as she pulled on her clothes. They were slightly damp and her shirt was wrinkled, but Charity seemed to care little. She tossed her wet towel into a basket and turned to watch Dianna getting dressed. There was no lust in Charity's eyes, only the expression of somebody examining a piece of fine art.
Dianna glanced over at Charity as she dressed and noticed her watching.
She looked around at herself, seeing if maybe there was a bruise or injury she hadn't noticed before looking back.
"Is something wrong? Do you see something on me?"
She felt fine, but some injuries were often so slight that you couldn't feel them, and they could sometimes become a serious problem.

She was half dressed, with only her undergarments and trousers on, checking to see if maybe she cut herself in the bath.

She chuckled like Charity told a joke.
"I must be stronger than even I thought then! I sure gave you a tough time even with your magic and you can't deny it!"
She poked Charity in the ribs that were formally cracked because of her.
Then she patted the spot apologetically.
"Sorry about your ribs, by the way. You were so strong I didn't think that blow would do any actual damage."
"You really are incredibly strong!" Charity gushed enthusiastically. She had a large grin on her face as she looked at Dianna earnestly. "Probably the strongest woman I know! You gave me quite the challenge, even with my magic!" Charity admitted happily. If there was one thing she loved in life, it was a good fight against a worthy opponent. "Oh don't worry about me! I've had much worse than a few bruised ribs! Though I do appreciate your apology!"

"Thank you so much! I wasn't looking forward to dragging them all to the well by myself!"
Dianna stood as well and took off her towel as she went to her clothes that were nearly folded on the bench.
"Of course!" Charity smiled brightly at Dianna. "Can't expect my new friend to clean up my mess, now can I?" She squeezed Dianna's arm gently. "Besides, that's too many people for one girl to try and carry on her own. No matter how crazy strong you might be!"

Dianna glanced over at Charity as she dressed and noticed her watching.
She looked around at herself, seeing if maybe there was a bruise or injury she hadn't noticed before looking back.
"Is something wrong? Do you see something on me?"
"Hm? No... No, you're fine!" Charity chuckled, watching Dianna check herself over. "Not a single scratch on ya!" A small spark of lust reignited in Charity's eyes as she looked at Dianna who was half naked. She quickly drove the image from her mind and looked off to the side. "We really should get going... Jameson isn't a very patient or forgiving man."

Once Dianna was ready, Charity led her out of the temple and into the cold night air. Charity would gently try to take Dianna's hand as they set off down the quiet streets. "So, have you been in Alliria long?"

• Bless
Reactions: Dianna Calcutte
"You really are incredibly strong!" Charity gushed enthusiastically. She had a large grin on her face as she looked at Dianna earnestly. "Probably the strongest woman I know! You gave me quite the challenge, even with my magic!" Charity admitted happily. If there was one thing she loved in life, it was a good fight against a worthy opponent. "Oh don't worry about me! I've had much worse than a few bruised ribs! Though I do appreciate your apology!"
"Of course!" Charity smiled brightly at Dianna. "Can't expect my new friend to clean up my mess, now can I?" She squeezed Dianna's arm gently. "Besides, that's too many people for one girl to try and carry on her own. No matter how crazy strong you might be!"
Dianna chuckled at the insinuation.
"I would have carried them one at a time, but with help we can carry at least two at a time!"
She grinned, "Unless you can manage two on your own?"

"Hm? No... No, you're fine!" Charity chuckled, watching Dianna check herself over. "Not a single scratch on ya!" A small spark of lust reignited in Charity's eyes as she looked at Dianna who was half naked. She quickly drove the image from her mind and looked off to the side. "We really should get going... Jameson isn't a very patient or forgiving man."
"Okay."
Dianna nodded and checked herself over again just to be sure...
But if nothing was wrong... What was Charity staring at?
Maybe she was still a little insecure about her body? But Charity was already fully dressed...
She shrugged it off and finished putting on her uniform.

Once Dianna was ready, Charity led her out of the temple and into the cold night air. Charity would gently try to take Dianna's hand as they set off down the quiet streets. "So, have you been in Alliria long?"
They left the temple and Dianna took in a deep breath of the cool outside air.
Alliria was a bit further south than she was used to, but the night air was refreshing all the same.

She gladly accepted Charity's hand and they walked side-by-side along the city streets.
Except for late night revelers it was fairly empty this time of night... Well, probably early morning at this point.
"I've been in Alliria for three months so far. I assume you grew up here?"

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Charity Briarthorne
Dianna chuckled at the insinuation.
"I would have carried them one at a time, but with help we can carry at least two at a time!"
She grinned, "Unless you can manage two on your own?"
"That would take too long!" Charity feigned shock at the prospect of Dianna lugging them back one at a time. "Good thing you have me! I can carry one under each arm!" she joked. "But to make sure I don't accidentally drop them, I'll just take one each trip!" Charity giggled.

"Okay."
Dianna nodded and checked herself over again just to be sure...
But if nothing was wrong... What was Charity staring at?
Maybe she was still a little insecure about her body? But Charity was already fully dressed...
She shrugged it off and finished putting on her uniform.
Charity couldn't understand how Dianna didn't realize that she had been checking her out the entire time. She had been pretty obvious about it and didn't make an attempt to hide what she was doing. Maybe the women in Mardania never fell in love with each other? Not that it was particularly common in Alliria either, but Charity had seen a small handful of female couples around the city.

"I've been in Alliria for three months so far. I assume you grew up here?"
Charity felt her cheeks flush as Dianna took her hand. She gave Dianna's hand a gentle squeeze and happily smiled over at her friend.

"Yup! Lived here my whole life! Spent the first few years as an orphan in the slums before Daddy found me and brought me home with him. The rest of the time was spent living between a manor in the inner city with Daddy, and a place in the outer city with Mother. I guess something happened between them many years before I was adopted so they weren't living together. Anyway... Things can get pretty rough here, but I love this city and would never want to live anywhere else!"

"If you've only been here for three months then that means there's plenty of of stuff around the city left for me to show you!"
Charity exclaimed excitedly. "I-If you want me to I mean... I would love to do this again. Not the fighting and taking a bath together, though both of those things were wonderful. I mean just spending time together as friends."

Charity looked at Dianna with a slightly nervous smile. She knew she was falling madly in love with the woman, but would try to be happy with just being friends if that's all that was being offered.

Last edited:
"That would take too long!" Charity feigned shock at the prospect of Dianna lugging them back one at a time. "Good thing you have me! I can carry one under each arm!" she joked. "But to make sure I don't accidentally drop them, I'll just take one each trip!" Charity giggled.
Dianna joined in her giggling, yes, it wouldn't do to drop them.
Once they splash some water on them the men could walk on their own, and deal with their bruises, injuries and hangovers themselves.

Charity couldn't understand how Dianna didn't realize that she had been checking her out the entire time. She had been pretty obvious about it and didn't make an attempt to hide what she was doing. Maybe the women in Mardania never fell in love with each other? Not that it was particularly common in Alliria either, but Charity had seen a small handful of female couples around the city.
Charity felt her cheeks flush as Dianna took her hand. She gave Dianna's hand a gentle squeeze and happily smiled over at her friend.
Dianna smiled back and they happily strolled hand in hand down the street, Dianna feeling every bit like an older sister again and enjoying every minute of it!

"Yup! Lived here my whole life! Spent the first few years as an orphan in the slums before Daddy found me and brought me home with him. The rest of the time was spent living between a manor in the inner city with Daddy, and a place in the outer city with Mother. I guess something happened between them many years before I was adopted so they weren't living together. Anyway... Things can get pretty rough here, but I love this city and would never want to live anywhere else!"
Hm, family trouble wasn't rare enough. But at least Charity was found and brought into a good home, her few visits to the Shallows made her truly sympathetic to the children that lived and grew up there, stealing and fighting just to eat.

To be taken in through the kindness of a rich man, he must be a very philanthropic person to take such mercy on a young Charity that has nothing.
She'd definitely like to meet her father, he sounded like a great man and Charity clearly loves him.
"If you've only been here for three months then that means there's plenty of of stuff around the city left for me to show you!" Charity exclaimed excitedly. "I-If you want me to I mean... I would love to do this again. Not the fighting and taking a bath together, though both of those things were wonderful. I mean just spending time together as friends."

Charity looked at Dianna with a slightly nervous smile. She knew she was falling madly in love with the woman, but would try to be happy with just being friends if that's all that was being offered.
Dianna brightened at the suggestion.
She had only explored on her own and it was sheer luck that she discovered that tavern where they met.
To have someone that knows the city to show her around would be wonderful!

"That would be wonderful, Charity! I've only explored a little bit on my time off and haven't seen half the city. I would love it if you would show me around! And I would love to spend time with you, definitely as a friend! I don't think I want to fight you again any time soon!"
She gave Charity a side hug and happily just held her there as they walked the rest of the way to the tavern.

• Stressed
"That would be wonderful, Charity! I've only explored a little bit on my time off and haven't seen half the city. I would love it if you would show me around! And I would love to spend time with you, definitely as a friend! I don't think I want to fight you again any time soon!"
She gave Charity a side hug and happily just held her there as they walked the rest of the way to the tavern.
Charity's blush became so intense at Dianna's words that she could feel the tips of her ears burning. She thanked the heavens that it was dark enough for Dianna to hopefully not notice. "Yes yes! There are lots of places I can show you! Lots of shops selling pretty things, taverns, parks, food stalls..." Charity trailed off as she tried to think of other things, but drew a blank.

She retuned Dianna's hug, feeling slightly hurt that Dianna only wanted to spend time with her as a friend. But being just friends was better than never seeing her again, so Charity ignored the feeling and pulled Dianna closer. They soon arrived at the tavern and roused Dianna's comrades. Once they were all up and about, Charity hugged Dianna tightly and lightly kissed her cheek as they said goodnight. They parted ways promising to meet up together again soon.

A Few Days Later
Charity blissfully wandered the streets of Allira, a happy smile plastered on her face. She still couldn't believe the incredible luck she had chancing upon Dianna Calcutte a few days prior. Dianna, and the time Charity had spent with her, had both been lovely and she couldn't wait to spend more time with her new best friend.

Wait... Was that? "Dianna!" Charity shouted joyfully and waved at Dianna excitedly. She ran over and wrapped her arms around the woman, planting a long kiss on her cheek. "So this is where the embassy is! I had no idea! Must've passed this place a-" A loud "AHEM!" interrupted Charity, and she turned to scowl at the other knight standing guard.

"Look," Charity turned back to Dianna and lowered her voice to a normal conversation level. "Sorry for bothering you... I-I know you're on duty right now, but I was just excited to see you. Anyway.. I'll let you get back to it." Charity started walking away, but stopped after a few steps.

While it was true that she had been excited to see Dianna, that hadn't been her true motivation for approaching her. Charity, being the forward, confident woman that she was, wasn't going to allow herself to chicken out on something easy like this. She turned on her heel and marched back to her friend.

"Dianna! Lets go on a date next time you're off duty!" Charity said excitedly, and grabbed Dianna's hand. "I found a nice little tea shop by the marketplace! Noble ladies like tea right!? C'mon! It'll be fun! We can sit and chat, and maybe go someplace pretty to take a walk after! Whaddaya say?" Charity looked at Dianna hopefully, praying Dianna wouldn't turn her down. Maybe "date" wasn't the best choice of words... But it was too late to worry about that now!

• Bless
Charity's blush became so intense at Dianna's words that she could feel the tips of her ears burning. She thanked the heavens that it was dark enough for Dianna to hopefully not notice. "Yes yes! There are lots of places I can show you! Lots of shops selling pretty things, taverns, parks, food stalls..." Charity trailed off as she tried to think of other things, but drew a blank.

She retuned Dianna's hug, feeling slightly hurt that Dianna only wanted to spend time with her as a friend. But being just friends was better than never seeing her again, so Charity ignored the feeling and pulled Dianna closer. They soon arrived at the tavern and roused Dianna's comrades. Once they were all up and about, Charity hugged Dianna tightly and lightly kissed her cheek as they said goodnight. They parted ways promising to meet up together again soon.
As they parted ways Dianna returned the kiss on the cheek in farewell, promising that they would definitely meet again soon!

A Few Days Later
Dianna was stood up at the front gate of the embassy. Guard duty was tedious work but her name came up, it was only fair and it was a duty that had to be done.
Dianna was armored in her Dracontine Glass plate, the armor and uniform of a knight Paladin. The glass plates were framed in steel "panes" to allow for the pieces to be fastened together. The translucent surface of the armor was dull at the moment, the columns of the gate she guarded cast a shadow over her and her companion and relieved them of the oppressive afternoon sun as they stood on vigil.

Like her comrade, she held a pike in her right hand and a tall glass kite shield in her left hand with the tip resting on the ground.
If the sun shone directly on them the light refractions would have created rainbows reminiscent of the city which put on the same display on a grander scale.
Many people came to the Mardanian embassy just to watch the light show.
Charity blissfully wandered the streets of Alliria, a happy smile plastered on her face. She still couldn't believe the incredible luck she had chancing upon Dianna Calcutte a few days prior. Dianna, and the time Charity had spent with her, had both been lovely and she couldn't wait to spend more time with her new best friend.

Wait... Was that? "Dianna!" Charity shouted joyfully and waved at Dianna excitedly.
Dianna blinked in surprise as she heard her name out of the crowd. She scanned the faces for a moment till she saw Charity waving at her.
Dianna had her hands occupied so she couldn't wave, but she smiled in recognition and nodded as the redhead approached.
"Miss Charity! It's good to see you again!"
She ran over and wrapped her arms around the woman, planting a long kiss on her cheek.
Dianna exchanged the greeting kiss on the cheek happily, grateful for a break in the monotony of the day.
"So this is where the embassy is! I had no idea! Must've passed this place a-" A loud "AHEM!" interrupted Charity, and she turned to scowl at the other knight standing guard.

"Look," Charity turned back to Dianna and lowered her voice to a normal conversation level. "Sorry for bothering you... I-I know you're on duty right now, but I was just excited to see you. Anyway.. I'll let you get back to it." Charity started walking away, but stopped after a few steps.
Dianna was happy to see her, and sorry to see her go. But at least she got to see her again!
"It's no problem. Thank you for dropping by! It was good to see you again!"
While it was true that she had been excited to see Dianna, that hadn't been her true motivation for approaching her. Charity, being the forward, confident woman that she was, wasn't going to allow herself to chicken out on something easy like this. She turned on her heel and marched back to her friend.

"Dianna! Lets go on a date next time you're off duty!" Charity said excitedly, and grabbed Dianna's hand. "I found a nice little tea shop by the marketplace! Noble ladies like tea right!? C'mon! It'll be fun! We can sit and chat, and maybe go someplace pretty to take a walk after! Whaddaya say?" Charity looked at Dianna hopefully, praying Dianna wouldn't turn her down. Maybe "date" wasn't the best choice of words... But it was too late to worry about that now!
Dianna was surprised when Charity turned around and came back with her invitation to tea.
Dianna hadn't sat down to tea in a long time, and she wanted an opportunity to see some of the sights of the city.

She smiled again as Charity waited hopefully for her answer.
She looked up at the sun to gauge the hour.
"They change the guard in about thirty minutes. I can be ready in less than an hour?"

• Cthuulove
She smiled again as Charity waited hopefully for her answer.
She looked up at the sun to gauge the hour.
"They change the guard in about thirty minutes. I can be ready in less than an hour?"
Charity's eyes sparkled and she clasped Dianna's arm with both hands gleefully. She had actually agreed! Charity could hardly believe it. "Yes! That works for me!" She kissed Dianna again. "Okay! I will come back in a bit!" Charity chirped, and walked away with smiling ear to ear.

She wandered the area around the embassy poking her nose in various stalls that were spread around. Charity did her best to keep her sticky fingers off the merchandise, but still came away with a few small treasures.

She stopped on her way back to the embassy to flirt with an adorable elven girl manning a fruit stall, and by the time she arrived back, the guards outside had changed.

Charity looked around but there was no sign of Dianna. She began to pace around the front of the embassy anxiously. What if Dianna had changed her mind? Maybe she just said yes to get her to go away!

Ok ok... Calm down! Dianna doesn't seem like that kind of woman! Charity reminded herself. But still uncertainty clouded her thoughts. Ok so Dianna probably wouldn't bail on her. But what if they didn't have the kind of tea she liked? Maybe the teahouse wouldn't be up to the standards of a noblewoman! What if I'm not good company or embarrass her? Charity stressed. She didn't know the first thing about drinking tea or how to behave in a sophisticated environment.

Her pacing had earned her suspicious looks from the guards outside, and they were set to approach her when a blonde woman exited the embassy. "Dianna!" Charity ran over and grabbed her hand, looking at her with relief. "How was your shift?" Charity asked a she began leading Dianna away. "Anything exciting happen?"

Last edited:
  • Bless
Charity's eyes sparkled and she clasped Dianna's arm with both hands gleefully. She had actually agreed! Charity could hardly believe it. "Yes! That works for me!" She kissed Dianna again. "Okay! I will come back in a bit!" Charity chirped, and walked away with smiling ear to ear.
Dianna chuckled as Charity walked away and straightened her position once again.
She noticed her comrade staring at her and she said, "What? I met her at the tavern the other night. She's agreed to show me around town."

The man just shrugged and turned his eyes forward again. Dianna followed suit and tried to keep a smile off her face the rest of the day.

She wandered the area around the embassy poking her nose in various stalls that were spread around. Charity did her best to keep her sticky fingers off the merchandise, but still came away with a few small treasures.

She stopped on her way back to the embassy to flirt with an adorable elven girl manning a fruit stall, and by the time she arrived back, the guards outside had changed.

Charity looked around but there was no sign of Dianna. She began to pace around the front of the embassy anxiously. What if Dianna had changed her mind? Maybe she just said yes to get her to go away!

Ok ok... Calm down! Dianna doesn't seem like that kind of woman! Charity reminded herself. But still uncertainty clouded her thoughts. Ok so Dianna probably wouldn't bail on her. But what if they didn't have the kind of tea she liked? Maybe the teahouse wouldn't be up to the standards of a noblewoman! What if I'm not good company or embarrass her? Charity stressed. She didn't know the first thing about drinking tea or how to behave in a sophisticated environment.
Dianna got off duty and switched guard with their replacements, handing off her pike and shield to the next guard before going inside to change out of her armor.
Taking off and putting on heavy armor wasn't a quick affair. She had to undo buckles and belts and carefully arrange her armor on her designated mannequin.
She put her glass sword in her footlocker and pulled out her regular steel one, a hand and a half broadsword to be exact.

She changed into her casual uniform at first but decided against it. She was going out to see the sights of Alliria, she wasn't representing Mardania at a tea shop.
She instead changed into one of the more common outfits she's seen most women wear around the middle districts.
Peasants garb by her standards, but she'd blend in just fine like this.

Her pacing had earned her suspicious looks from the guards outside, and they were set to approach her when a blonde woman exited the embassy. "Dianna!" Charity ran over and grabbed her hand, looking at her with relief. "How was your shift?" Charity asked a she began leading Dianna away. "Anything exciting happen?"
Dianna was suddenly faced with Charity as soon as she left the embassy.
"Hi Charity! Sorry I took so long, couldn't decide what to wear. It's always a good shift if nothing exciting happens, it means nobody gets put in danger!"
She laughed a little and hooked her arm with Charity's
"But enough about me. How are you?! It's been four days, and a lot could happen in that time! How have you been?"

Dianna was suddenly faced with Charity as soon as she left the embassy.
"Hi Charity! Sorry I took so long, couldn't decide what to wear. It's always a good shift if nothing exciting happens, it means nobody gets put in danger!"
She laughed a little and hooked her arm with Charity's
"But enough about me. How are you?! It's been four days, and a lot could happen in that time! How have you been?"
"That's no problem!" Charity put her free hand on Dianna's arm as they set off. "Your outfit is SO cute! Did you buy those clothes here in Alliria?" It felt a bit strange to her too see Dianna's out of uniform. She couldn't recall a time when she had seen a guard she recognized in regular clothes.

Charity glanced up at Dianna with a slight confused look on her face. "Always a good shift if nothing exciting happens?" she repeated. What kind of backwards logic was that!? "But don't you get bored standing still in one place just watching people go by? That would drive me mad! Do you ever invent your own excitement?"

"Four days?! Has it really been that long? It feels like its been
years!" She pulled herself closer to Dianna and gently hugged her arm, the confusion on her face replaced with joy. "I've been good! Very very busy! Lotsa-" Charity paused, unsure how to tell Dianna what she had been up to. She certainly couldn't tell her that she had spent most of her time stealing. Or terrorizing merchants on the docks. Or sleeping with as many beautiful as she could. Or...

"... Fighting..." Charity continued from where she left off after a short moment. "Spending time with... Friends. Some shopping here and there... Running around the city looking for places for us to go together..." Not being able to honestly tell Dianna what she had been up to didn't sit right with Charity. But she hadn't really lied had she? Still, Dianna was somebody she wanted to be up front with, but couldn't be.

"Hey!" Charity said quickly changing to subject to ease her mind. "So I found a nice tavern we could go to for dinner and drinks sometime, and a shop selling all sorts of pretty things." Charity looked to Dianna and smiled. "But I don't really know what kinds of things you like to do..." she added thoughtfully. "What kind of activities do you do in your free time off duty?"

"That's no problem!" Charity put her free hand on Dianna's arm as they set off. "Your outfit is SO cute! Did you buy those clothes here in Alliria?" It felt a bit strange to her too see Dianna's out of uniform. She couldn't recall a time when she had seen a guard she recognized in regular clothes.
“Yes! I bought them shortly after I arrived in Alliria!
I wouldn’t call them “cute”, but they do make me seem more local don’t they?”

Dianna let Charity take the lead as they started off away from the embassy.

Charity glanced up at Dianna with a slight confused look on her face. "Always a good shift if nothing exciting happens?" she repeated. What kind of backwards logic was that!? "But don't you get bored standing still in one place just watching people go by? That would drive me mad! Do you ever invent your own excitement?"
Dianna nodded in affirmative.
“Oh yes! guard duty is very tedious. And you can’t let your mind wander to while away the hours because you have to keep constant vigil. But I’d rather nothing happens on my watch, if there’s a disturbance such as someone throwing rocks at us or the embassy, or someone trying to start a fight with us to the point we have to restrain them, we have to file a detailed report and fill out a bunch of paperwork. We don’t have jurisdiction outside the embassy gates, so we need to have plausible cause to beat up a local.”
She grimaced at Charity, “It’s mostly just a major headache.”

"Four days?! Has it really been that long? It feels like its been years!" She pulled herself closer to Dianna and gently hugged her arm, the confusion on her face replaced with joy. "I've been good! Very very busy! Lotsa-" Charity paused, unsure how to tell Dianna what she had been up to. She certainly couldn't tell her that she had spent most of her time stealing. Or terrorizing merchants on the docks. Or sleeping with as many beauties as she could. Or...

"... Fighting..." Charity continued from where she left off after a short moment. "Spending time with... Friends. Some shopping here and there... Running around the city looking for places for us to go together..." Not being able to honestly tell Dianna what she had been up to didn't sit right with Charity. But she hadn't really lied had she? Still, Dianna was somebody she wanted to be up front with, but couldn't be.
Dianna laughed, “Fighting, I see! You must make a habit of it, same old Charity!”
She teased Charity.
"Hey!" Charity said quickly changing to subject to ease her mind. "So I found a nice tavern we could go to for dinner and drinks sometime, and a shop selling all sorts of pretty things." Charity looked to Dianna and smiled. "But I don't really know what kinds of things you like to do..." she added thoughtfully. "What kind of activities do you do in your free time off duty?"
Dianna shrugged and put her hand thoughtfully to her chin, “In my time off? I enjoy reading. I do a lot of training. Sometimes I go rumor hunting at different taverns and gathering places…”
She dropped off a moment as she thought about it some more.
“Why don’t we get tea first and we can talk some more? I would love to get to know Miss Charity a bit better!”
She hugged Charity’s arm as she had been doing to her arm thus far.

“Oh yes! guard duty is very tedious. And you can’t let your mind wander to while away the hours because you have to keep constant vigil. But I’d rather nothing happens on my watch, if there’s a disturbance such as someone throwing rocks at us or the embassy, or someone trying to start a fight with us to the point we have to restrain them, we have to file a detailed report and fill out a bunch of paperwork. We don’t have jurisdiction outside the embassy gates, so we need to have plausible cause to beat up a local.”
She grimaced at Charity, “It’s mostly just a major headache.”
"Hmm... Having to fill out paperwork does sound much worse than just standing all day keeping watch." Charity mused thoughtfully. "Guess I can't really blame you for wanting nothing to happen. You might be bored standing, but at least you don't have to spend extra time at the end of your day doing something even worse."

Dianna shrugged and put her hand thoughtfully to her chin, “In my time off? I enjoy reading. I do a lot of training. Sometimes I go rumor hunting at different taverns and gathering places…”
Ugh... That's so booooring! Charity thought. The only time she had never read was when Gwendolyn forced her to during her lessons, and none of it had been remotely interesting. Training and going to taverns was all well and good, but those had limits to show tun they could be.

One thing was becoming clear to Charity. Dianna desperately needed some good, old fashioned excitement in her life, and Charity would be more than happy to supply it if given the chance.

“Why don’t we get tea first and we can talk some more? I would love to get to know Miss Charity a bit better!”
She hugged Charity’s arm as she had been doing to her arm thus far.
Charity nodded readily and hugged Dianna's arm a bit tighter. She continued to make small talk as they walked down the city streets. Before long, they came to a small building with large windows wedged between two much larger ones. A sign hung on the door reading "Phaena's Tearoom".

"Here we are!"
Charity chirped brightly, holding the door open for Dianna to enter. She followed her friend inside, and they say at a small round table. "Hello dears! I'll be right over!" a voice called as an elegant looking middle-aged woman looked over from behind the counter.

The woman eyed Charity warily as she came to a stop at their table. Charity didn't exactly look like the kind of woman that one would expect to see in such an establishment. But her friend had the look of a proper lady, so she let it pass. "What can I get you sweethearts?"

Charity looked at the woman blankly for a moment. "I... Umm..." She looked over at Dianna, her eyes begging her friend for assistance.

"I'll have Mint Tea, ma'am. And honey if it's no trouble!"
Dianna responded brightly to the woman's inquiry.
She smiled at her and then at Charity. Mint Tea was usually medicinal, but Dianna rather enjoyed the flavor with a bit of honey.
"My friend might want to look over your flavors if you have a list handy."

Dianna unfolded a handkerchief from the table and neatly spread it over her lap as the matron went to fetch Charity a tea list and to put on a fresh pot.
"This certainly is a nice place, Charity! I never would have found it on my own, thanks for bringing me!"
She said enthusiastically. Bodyguards didn't get much in the way of tea parties and Dianna was beginning to miss it.
"Although, I'm somewhat surprised. You don't seem very familiar with tea. Is this your first time here?"

A menu! Why hadn't she thought of that?! Charity watched the matron walk away, then turned back to Dianna. She unfolded her napkin and laid it over her lap like Dianna had done, though she wasn't sure what the point of it was. But Dianna was a noblewoman, and was used to this sort of thing so Charity would follow her lead

Charity beamed happily at Dianna. "You're welcome and I'm glad you like it! I was a bit worried it wouldn't live up to a noblewoman's standards..." She looked around the small tearoom for a moment before returning her gaze to Dianna. "Nope! This is my first time here as well! I was was wandering around this part of the city and happened to come across it. And I don't know the first thing about tea." Charity giggled.

The matron soon returned with a tea list. Charity looked over the strange names on the list before requesting green tea. She had no idea what she had ordered but it was the most normal sounding on the list. "Did you attend a lot of tea parties while in Mardus?" she asked Dianna as the matron scurried off. "Are they as fancy and sophisticated as people believe?"

Last edited:
A menu! Why hadn't she thought of that?! Charity watched the matron walk away, then turned back to Dianna. She unfolded her napkin and laid it over her lap like Dianna had done, though she wasn't sure what the point of it was. But Dianna was a noblewoman, and was used to this sort of thing so Charity would follow her lead

Charity beamed happily at Dianna. "You're welcome and I'm glad you like it! I was a bit worried it wouldn't live up to a noblewoman's standards..." She looked around the small tearoom for a moment before returning her gaze to Dianna. "Nope! This is my first time here as well! I was was wandering around this part of the city and happened to come across it. And I don't know the first thing about tea." Charity giggled.
Dianna seemed a little surprised, “Hmm, I always thought it was a common staple, tea is. Even those with less money could easily have tea if they have hot water and steeped leaves of whatever flavor you have access to. A tea of pine needles is somewhat common in the north.

But, you somewhat confuse me, Charity. You obviously come from a wealthy family, but you don’t seem to have the usual upbringing afforded to those with wealth.”

She remembered the platinum pieces Charity used to pay the priestess when they first met. That wasn’t normal pocket change you carried around.
The matron soon returned with a tea list. Charity looked over the strange names on the list before requesting green tea. She had no idea what she had ordered but it was the most normal sounding on the list. "Did you attend a lot of tea parties while in Mardus?" she asked Dianna as the matron scurried off. "Are they as fancy and sophisticated as people believe?"
Dianna simultaneously smiled and grimaced at the memories of her upbringing.
“Yes, in fact, tea parties are the quintessential pastime of noble ladies. My mother coached me since I was old enough to drink from a cup on how to do it properly, how to hold the tea cup exactly, how much to drink in each sip, how to sip without ruining your lipstick or staining the cup, how to sit properly and even how to bloody pick up the damn cup from the tea table!”
Dianna smirked, “I decided that learning how to drink tea was frivolous when compared to real struggles in the world, so I decided that being a knight did the world more good than hosting tea parties.”

Dianna seemed a little surprised, “Hmm, I always thought it was a common staple, tea is. Even those with less money could easily have tea if they have hot water and steeped leaves of whatever flavor you have access to. A tea of pine needles is somewhat common in the north.
"Oh no we had tea. Its just that I never had any interest in drinking it or learning about it. Mother drank a lot of tea when I was growing up, but I've always preferred the more adult drinks. Even if the drinks were watered down to the point where the alcohol was pretty much non-existent."

But, you somewhat confuse me, Charity. You obviously come from a wealthy family, but you don’t seem to have the usual upbringing afforded to those with wealth.”
"But we really aren't that wealthy!" Charity argued. "Mother and Daddy are well off enough to live comfortably, and my sisters and I do alright for ourselves. But I wouldn't call us wealthy, at least by the standards of a noble."

"My upbringing was a bit unusual."
Charity agreed. "Daddy was always very busy, so he kind of just let me do whatever I wanted. And Mother tried to teach me and keep me out of trouble to moderate success. But I was a chaotic, willful child with a full run of the city, so there was really only so much they could do shorter of locking me in the house all day."

Dianna simultaneously smiled and grimaced at the memories of her upbringing.
“Yes, in fact, tea parties are the quintessential pastime of noble ladies. My mother coached me since I was old enough to drink from a cup on how to do it properly, how to hold the tea cup exactly, how much to drink in each sip, how to sip without ruining your lipstick or staining the cup, how to sit properly and even how to bloody pick up the damn cup from the tea table!”
Dianna's words baffled Charity. There was a particular way to hold the cup?! And a woman was only supposed to drink a certain amount each sip? Charity always drank like she was in a drinking contest, downing the liquid like her life depended on it. All those worthless guidelines made Charity exceedingly glad that she had chosen the life of a thief instead of a Lady.

"No wonder you thought learning all that was pointless. Who needs rules on how to drink tea? I mean, you pick up the cup and drink! What else is there to it?!" Charity sighed to herself. There were always rules for everything and they did nothing but get in the way.

"So what was it like training as a knight? Was it hard? Did it take you many years?"

"Oh no we had tea. Its just that I never had any interest in drinking it or learning about it. Mother drank a lot of tea when I was growing up, but I've always preferred the more adult drinks. Even if the drinks were watered down to the point where the alcohol was pretty much non-existent."
"But we really aren't that wealthy!" Charity argued. "Mother and Daddy are well off enough to live comfortably, and my sisters and I do alright for ourselves. But I wouldn't call us wealthy, at least by the standards of a noble."
Dianna looked at her incredulously.
"People don't just throw around platinum coins as tips for healers, Charity. I can count the number of times I've ever seen a platinum coin on one hand. And that was only when my father was making a huge purchase. You could buy a Baron's estate and holdings for the tip you gave Lidia!"

"My upbringing was a bit unusual." Charity agreed. "Daddy was always very busy, so he kind of just let me do whatever I wanted. And Mother tried to teach me and keep me out of trouble to moderate success. But I was a chaotic, willful child with a full run of the city, so there was really only so much they could do short of locking me in the house all day."
Dianna nodded, her father must be a merchant of considerable success. She wouldn't be surprised if the Mardanian ambassador hadn't already met with him and negotiated trade with him if he's this wealthy and powerful that his daughter uses platinum for pocket change.

Dianna's words baffled Charity. There was a particular way to hold the cup?! And a woman was only supposed to drink a certain amount each sip? Charity always drank like she was in a drinking contest, downing the liquid like her life depended on it. All those worthless guidelines made Charity exceedingly glad that she had chosen the life of a thief instead of a Lady.

"No wonder you thought learning all that was pointless. Who needs rules on how to drink tea? I mean, you pick up the cup and drink! What else is there to it?!" Charity sighed to herself. There were always rules for everything and they did nothing but get in the way.
Dianna chuckled and nodded in agreement. It all seemed so frivolous to her, moreso at the time than now that she has a better understanding of the systems of class and high society. Her mother tried to get her to understand earlier, but she was rebellious and her father encouraged her to exercise her freedom.

She still thinks it's frivolous, but she couldn't deny that a well executed tea party for the right people could make or break a kingdom.

"So what was it like training as a knight? Was it hard? Did it take you many years?"
Dianna nodded as their tea arrived.
"Yes, I started training at seventeen. I became a page to a knight and he taught me what it meant to be a knight, how to use a sword and shield, how to fight from horseback and a bunch of other necessary skills. I became a knight in three years, a record I'm told. But I was devoted and trained hard. A year ago I was knighted and a year later here I am!"
She picked up her cup and inhaled the steam for a moment, on instinct daintily picking up the cup and saucer like a proper lady and taking a sip.

• Stressed
Dianna looked at her incredulously.
"People don't just throw around platinum coins as tips for healers, Charity. I can count the number of times I've ever seen a platinum coin on one hand. And that was only when my father was making a huge purchase. You could buy a Baron's estate and holdings for the tip you gave Lidia!"
Charity's eyes grew wide for a moment and her gaze darted off to the side. "Oh you... You saw that?" She preferred to keep her charitable contributions private. Charity had a reputation as a greedy, heartless woman to uphold after all.

"Alright. So maybe I am a bit wealthier than I let on." Charity conceded. "But its all my money!" she said, her lips drawing into a slight pout. "Haven't spent a copper of Daddy's money since I was a child!" She couldn't bear to have Dianna think that she was just some rich kid living off her parents money.

"Lidia isn't just any healer though! She's almost like a little sister to me. One of my sisters started that small church, so I like to give extra for their services. Besides, all the girls there are very good at their jobs!"

Dianna nodded as their tea arrived.
"Yes, I started training at seventeen. I became a page to a knight and he taught me what it meant to be a knight, how to use a sword and shield, how to fight from horseback and a bunch of other necessary skills. I became a knight in three years, a record I'm told. But I was devoted and trained hard. A year ago I was knighted and a year later here I am!"
"Seventeen?" That seemed young to Charity, but she herself had been fighting from a very young age, so it wasn't so strange. "Wow...I didn't realize so much went into becoming a knight paladin! And having to lean so many ways to fight! No wonder I had such a hard time taking you down the other night!"

"How long does one typically have to train to become a knight? Three years does seem like a very short time..."
Charity mused. "But it doesn't surprise me that it only took you that long. From what I saw earlier at the embassy, you take your job and role seriously!" Their tea soon arrived, and Charity gave hers a cautious sniff.

She watched attentively as Dianna sipped her tea. She did her best to emulate her friend's actions. It wouldn't do to embarrass herself in front of a noblewoman. But she missed the tiny handle of the teacup, burning herself and loosing a long string of curses.

A slight frown of deep concentration formed on her lips as she made a second attempt at replicating Dianna's actions, momentarily forgetting that she was in the middle of a conversation.

Last edited:
Charity's eyes grew wide for a moment and her gaze darted off to the side. "Oh you... You saw that?" She preferred to keep her charitable contributions private. Charity had a reputation as a greedy, heartless woman to uphold after all.
Charity may have had a reputation here in Alliria, but this foreign woman was not aware of it.
"Alright. So maybe I am a bit wealthier than I let on." Charity conceded. "But its all my money!" she said, her lips drawing into a slight pout. "Haven't spent a copper of Daddy's money since I was a child!" She couldn't bear to have Dianna think that she was just some rich kid living off her parents money.
That did make Dianna raise an eyebrow, it was all her money? What did Charity do for a living that let her carry platinum as pocket change? All Charity had told her is that she spent her time fighting... Maybe she was a gladiator, or underground arena fighter?
She didn't suspect Charity of breaking any laws, but still, it did make her imagination turn to less savory professions.
"Lidia isn't just any healer though! She's almost like a little sister to me. One of my sisters started that small church, so I like to give extra for their services. Besides, all the girls there are very good at their jobs!"
Dianna nodded, "Yes, indeed they are. I was simply surprised is all."

"Seventeen?" That seemed young to Charity, but she herself had been fighting from a very young age, so it wasn't so strange. "Wow...I didn't realize so much went into becoming a knight paladin! And having to learn so many ways to fight! No wonder I had such a hard time taking you down the other night!"

"How long does one typically have to train to become a knight? Three years does seem like a very short time..."
Charity mused. "But it doesn't surprise me that it only took you that long. From what I saw earlier at the embassy, you take your job and role seriously!" Their tea soon arrived, and Charity gave hers a cautious sniff.
"A child usually becomes a page to a knight at seven years old. By fourteen they take the responsibilities of a squire, and by twenty one they are eligible to be knighted by a lord.

"As a Knight Paladin I was knighted by the princess of Mardania, so I am in service directly to the royal family in their private military."

She watched attentively as Dianna sipped her tea. She did her best to emulate her friend's actions. It wouldn't do to embarrass herself in front of a noblewoman. But she missed the tiny handle of the teacup, burning herself and loosing a long string of curses.

A slight frown of deep concentration formed on her lips as she made a second attempt at replicating Dianna's actions, momentarily forgetting that she was in the middle of a conversation.
Dianna watched Charity's antics and only then realized that she herself had fallen into her old practices under her mother's tutelage.
She chuckled aloud and purposely relaxed herself, her shoulders less square as she sat in her seat and she set down the saucer as she took a noticeably more casual sip of tea.

Her ears were slightly red in embarrassment. She didn't want her friend to feel inferior in any way, this wasn't a formal outing after all.

"So... since you make your own money and I'm running out of guesses, what does your father do for a living?"
That felt like a safe topic to segue into what Charity does for work.

• Cthuulove
"A child usually becomes a page to a knight at seven years old. By fourteen they take the responsibilities of a squire, and by twenty one they are eligible to be knighted by a lord.

"As a Knight Paladin I was knighted by the princess of Mardania, so I am in service directly to the royal family in their private military."
Charity listened with rapt interest. It wasn't so much what Dianna was saying. It was moreso Dianna herself and how she talked about the subjects. "Wow... I had no idea it took so long to become a knight..."

"What? You were knighted by the princess?! She must've had a lot of faith in you to enlist you into their private military!"
Charity looked at Dianna in awe. She herself could see Dianna's commitment as a knight paladin.

Dianna watched Charity's antics and only then realized that she herself had fallen into her old practices under her mother's tutelage.
She chuckled aloud and purposely relaxed herself, her shoulders less square as she sat in her seat and she set down the saucer as she took a noticeably more casual sip of tea.
Charity's head jerked up as she head Dianna chuckle. Was Dianna laughing at her and her futile attempts to drink tea like a lady? No... She wouldn't do that. Charity relaxed after Dianna, chuckling herself about how silly it had seemed. Charity was many things, but a proper lady wasn't one of them. She picked up her now cooling tea and casually leaned back in her chair.

"So... since you make your own money and I'm running out of guesses, what does your father do for a living?"
That felt like a safe topic to segue into what Charity does for work.
"Oh. Daddy? He's a merchant of sorts. Runs a massive trade company here in Alliria and trade routes all the way out to the other major cities! Deals in everything from fruit, to jewelry, to building materials... Anything you can imagine really. As long as there's a buyer, he'll find a way to get it!"

Charity's eyes lit up as she spoke. She loved working for her father, but her role was on the less legitimate side of the business, so she hoped Dianna wouldn't pry further into the matter.

"What about your father?" Charity asked, hoping to derail the conversation from the direction of was heading in. She really didn't know much of anything about nobles, but they had to have some sort of job didn't they?

Charity listened with rapt interest. It wasn't so much what Dianna was saying. It was moreso Dianna herself and how she talked about the subjects. "Wow... I had no idea it took so long to become a knight..."

"What? You were knighted by the princess?! She must've had a lot of faith in you to enlist you into their private military!"
Charity looked at Dianna in awe. She herself could see Dianna's commitment as a knight paladin.
Dianna shrugged.
"Maybe. My mentor had a lot of faith in me and he's ranked high amongst the Knight Paladins. The princess might have made an exception for me on his recommendation, the princess is better known for her fairness and judgement than she is for mercy or charity."

Charity's head jerked up as she head Dianna chuckle. Was Dianna laughing at her and her futile attempts to drink tea like a lady? No... She wouldn't do that. Charity relaxed after Dianna, chuckling herself about how silly it had seemed. Charity was many things, but a proper lady wasn't one of them. She picked up her now cooling tea and casually leaned back in her chair.

"Oh. Daddy? He's a merchant of sorts. Runs a massive trade company here in Alliria and trade routes all the way out to the other major cities! Deals in everything from fruit, to jewelry, to building materials... Anything you can imagine really. As long as there's a buyer, he'll find a way to get it!"

Charity's eyes lit up as she spoke. She loved working for her father, but her role was on the less legitimate side of the business, so she hoped Dianna wouldn't pry further into the matter.
Aha, so he is a merchant... "Of sorts"...
So he's a powerful man in this city of merchants... She wondered if her father might be that "Merchant King of Arethil", Tzuriel Alanthis with Alanthis Trade and Co. She'd heard that he was the most powerful man in Alliria, even had the merchant counsel in his pocket.

"What about your father?" Charity asked, hoping to derail the conversation from the direction of was heading in. She really didn't know much of anything about nobles, but they had to have some sort of job didn't they?
"He's a Duke of several holdings. A high ranking statesman."
She said, successfully derailed for now.
"Basically he makes sure that his holdings have a sufficient infrastructure to support a healthy economy and wealth, and he collects taxes and dues owed to the kingdom. It's a big complicated mess with a lot of politics, but he makes laws and such in accordance with the laws of the country and even attends court in Mardus when it's required of him.

"He's a fair man, he even supported me in my endeavors to become a knight when my mother was pushing for me to become a lady."

"Maybe. My mentor had a lot of faith in me and he's ranked high amongst the Knight Paladins. The princess might have made an exception for me on his recommendation, the princess is better known for her fairness and judgement than she is for mercy or charity."
"Ooh! Your mentor sounds strong!" A devilish glint entered Charity's eyes at the thought. "I wish I could fight him!" Though a Paladin did give her pause. "But aren't Paladins holy warriors sworn to fight evil? What's a Paladin doing standing around guarding an embassy?" Would having demonic powers make HER evil in Dianna eyes if she found out?! "A-Anyway... It's wonderful that the princess accepted his recommendation. You got to achieve you dream of becoming a Knight Paladin, and you got to be free the duties of a noblewoman!"

Charity's worries about Paladins were short lived however, as a new thought demanded her attention.Was the Princess pretty? Charity wondered to herself as her mind eagerly hopped onto this new train of thought. She had to be right? Who had ever heard of an ugly princess? She probably had long silky blonde hair... Blue eyes... A beautiful face... Lips the perfect shade of pink... Large brea-

Wait...
Charity realized the image coming together in her head wasn't one of a princess at all. It was of the woman sitting across from her! She felt her cheeks grow warm as memories of Dianna in various states of undress flashed through her mind. Charity set down her now empty tea cup with a loud clink and feverently tried to clear the lewd thoughts from her mind.

"Y-Your father certainly sounds like a very important man." Charity stammered, shooing the remaining impure thoughts from her head. "The royal family must have strong faith in his abilities to be giving him that much responsibility. Did you have to learn to deal in politics too as a noblewoman or do noblewomen have different responsibilities to worry about?"

Now that she was back into the conversation, Charity released a tiny sigh, grateful to be free from her lust. You're just here to spend time with Dianna and show her around! Charity reminded herself. Not to think about getting in her pants!

• Bless
Ooh! Your mentor sounds strong! A devilish glint entered Charitys eyes at the thought. I wish I could fight him! Though a Paladin did give her pause. But arent Paladins holy warriors sworn to fight evil? Whats a Paladin doing standing around guarding an embassy? Would having demonic powers make HER evil in Dianna eyes if she found out?!
Dianna shrugged. "In Mardania, being a Knight Paladin is to be part of an elite military force answerable directly to the King. We took the title as an honorific to our devotion to the crown."
She explained.

A-Anyway... Its wonderful that the princess accepted his recommendation. You got to achieve you dream of becoming a Knight Paladin, and you got to be free from the duties of a noblewoman!
Dianna nodded and finished her cup of tea with a smile. "Yes, I suppose things have worked out pretty well for me."

Y-Your father certainly sounds like a very important man. Charity stammered, shooing the remaining impure thoughts from her head. The royal family must have strong faith in his abilities to be giving him that much responsibility. Did you have to learn to deal in politics too as a noblewoman or do noblewomen have different responsibilities to worry about?
Dianna nodded again.
"Yes, a lot of politics, a lot of wordcraft, a lot of hosting this and that party or event, money management and the like in order to help your husband when you got married. And other stuff working towards that goal, which I'm sure you've guessed wasn't my cup of tea!"
She turned her empty cup over on a napkin and balanced her spoon on the bottom of the cup, signifying to the host that they were done.

"Honestly, and I'm sure you understand, I grew up reading stories of heroes and maidens finding love, actual love, amongst more natural settings. Having my husband chosen for me by my mother and having to learn to love a man I've never met always felt wrong to me. Does that make sense?"

• Bless
Dianna nodded again.
Yes, a lot of politics, a lot of wordcraft, a lot of hosting this and that party or event, money management and the like in order to help your husband when you got married. And other stuff working towards that goal, which Im sure youve guessed wasnt my cup of tea!
She turned her empty cup over on a napkin and balanced her spoon on the bottom of the cup, signifying to the host that they were done.
"No rest for a noblewoman, huh? Just one thing after another... Host a party! Plan that event! Manage the household! Watch the budget! And maybe if you have time, try to pop out an heir or two!" Charity laughed. It was a chaotic lifestyle, but not the type of chaos that she enjoyed.

"And all that just to help the husband..." Charity mumbled thoughtfully. She turned over her cup as Dianna had done, and tipped her chair back, throwing an arm over the backrest. "Any man who needs that much help, should find a new career." she added. "But I can see why you say it's not your cup of tea. That's a lot for one person to have to worry about!"

Honestly, and Im sure you understand, I grew up reading stories of heroes and maidens finding love, actual love, amongst more natural settings. Having my husband chosen for me by my mother and having to learn to love a man Ive never met always felt wrong to me. Does that make sense?
"Yeah... I get what you're sayin'. I never really read all that much, but I have heard more than a few bards singing ballads on the subject. The idea of finding my own partner in life always seemed so romantic. Somebody I wanted to spend my life with, instead of something arranged for somebody else's gain."

"I know that if I lived in a world where I would be forced to marry a stranger, that my mother would pick a woman I would be happy to spend the rest of my life with. She knows what kind of things I like in another person, and I feel certain that I could wholeheartedly trust her decision."
Charity paused to stare thoughtfully out the window at the people passing by. Her gaze soon returned to Dianna, along with a smile on her face.

"C'mon! Tell me about your ideal Prince Charming!" Charity demanded curiously.

Last edited:
No rest for a noblewoman, huh? Just one thing after another... Host a party! Plan that event! Manage the household! Watch the budget! And maybe if you have time, try to pop out an heir or two! Charity laughed. It was a chaotic lifestyle, but not the type of chaos that she enjoyed.

And all that just to help the husband... Charity mumbled thoughtfully. She turned over her cup as Dianna had done, and tipped her chair back, throwing an arm over the backrest. Any man who needs that much help, should find a new career. she added. But I can see why you say its not your cup of tea. That's a lot for one person to have to worry about!
"Well, being a noble is a lot harder than you would think. Having a helper is almost a necessity. However, Mardania has a robust noble population so I don't see why I should be required to contribute."

Yeah... I get what youre sayin. I never really read all that much, but I have heard more than a few bards singing ballads on the subject. The idea of finding my own partner in life always seemed so romantic. Somebody I wanted to spend my life with, instead of something arranged for somebody elses gain.

I know that if I lived in a world where I would be forced to marry a stranger, that my mother would pick a woman I would be happy to spend the rest of my life with. She knows what kind of things I like in another person, and I feel certain that I could wholeheartedly trust her decision.
Charity paused to stare thoughtfully out the window at the people passing by. Her gaze soon returned to Dianna, along with a smile on her face.
Dianna thoughtfully listened while the matron came to clear the table, took their payment and left.

Dianna was about to move on when something Charity said caught her attention...
"... that my mother would pick a woman I would be happy to spend the rest of my life with..."
Dianna then began to connect a few dots as they gathered up from the table and left the little shop.

Cmon! Tell me about your ideal Prince Charming! Charity demanded curiously.
Dianna was forced from her thoughts by the question and caught off guard.
"Oh? My prince charming? Well, I'm not altogether interested in princes, that's why I left nobility. But, I suppose if I had to make a list, I would want a man who was strong, fierce, loyal, maybe a bit wild at times but also gentle, and a good heart."

Dianna was still distracted by her thoughts. Her mother would set her up with a woman? Her mother knows what she likes? It was nice that Charity could trust her mother with her union to another... But to a woman? Did Charity really swing that way?
Suddenly her face reddened as she remembered how unabashed she had been in front of Charity when they bathed together, did Charity think that Dianna was flirting with her? Was she? It was always harmless for girls to be naked together, but was it?

• Nervous