Private Tales Girl Fight Tonight!

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Well, being a noble is a lot harder than you would think. Having a helper is almost a necessity. However, Mardania has a robust noble population so I dont see why I should be required to contribute.
"Yeah. It does sound pretty difficult... Besides, there's enough stuck up, stuffy nobles already! Let them handle all that kind of stuff. I'm sure there's more interesting and fun things you would rather do with your time anyway. Like being a knight and having tea with your new friend!" Charity giggled.

Oh? My prince charming? Well, Im not altogether interested in princes, thats why I left nobility. But, I suppose if I had to make a list, I would want a man who was strong, fierce, loyal, maybe a bit wild at times but also gentle, and a good heart.
"I didn't mean an actual prince, you dummy!" Charity teased playfully. "Who would want to marry a prince? That'd be even more work than being a regular noble!" She listened attentively as Dianna described her perfect man. Dianna brought up some good traits, and Charity found herself nodding along. "Don't forget good in bed!" Charity quipped with a devilish grin.

Charity followed Dianna out, lost in thought over her last few partners. They had all been mixtures of those traits, but never the full package. She was beginning to wonder if there was a single woman out there in the world who was everything she wanted. But then her stomach growled, bringing her back out of her thoughts.

Charity gently grabbed Dianna's hand and tried to pull her along down the street. "C'mon! C'mon! Next stop of the evening is the food stalls!" She eagerly tugged at Dianna's hand a second time, but came to a standstill as Dianna's face became beet red. "Umm... Dianna?" Charity asked, her face and tone growing worried as she lightly squeezed her friend's hand. "You okay? Did I say or do something that upset you?"

Last edited:
Yeah. It does sound pretty difficult... Besides, there's enough stuck up, stuffy nobles already! Let them handle all that kind of stuff. Im sure there's more interesting and fun things you would rather do with your time anyway. Like being a knight and having tea with your new friend! Charity giggled.
She giggled with Charity, "In that we agree!"
I didn't mean an actual prince, you dummy! Charity teased playfully. Who would want to marry a prince? That'd be even more work than being a regular noble! She listened attentively as Dianna described her perfect man. Dianna brought up some good traits, and Charity found herself nodding along. Don't forget good in bed! Charity quipped with a devilish grin.
Dianna couldn't help but blush a little at the brazen comment.
"Well, I figured them being a bit wild at times would apply to the... Erm... Domestic duties of a husband. I'm obviously not a fragile dove, nor as gentle as one, so I would hope my husband will recognize that."

Charity followed Dianna out, lost in thought over her last few partners. They had all been mixtures of those traits, but never the full package. She was beginning to wonder if there was a single woman out there in the world who was everything she wanted. But then her stomach growled, bringing her back out of her thoughts.

Charity gently grabbed Diannas hand and tried to pull her along down the street. Cmon! Cmon! Next stop of the evening is the food stalls! She eagerly tugged at Diannas hand a second time, but came to a standstill as Diannas face became beet red. Umm... Dianna? Charity asked, her face and tone growing worried as she lightly squeezed her friends hand. You okay? Did I say or do something that upset you?
Dianna was jolted out of her own thoughts when Charity began pulling her down the street. She didn't think much about their hands touching because she still felt it was a normal gesture. But still, she wasn't fast enough to hide the nervousness in her face, Charity was suddenly concerned.

Dianna smiled and laughed it off.
"No! of course not, think nothing of it! I'm just musing is all. Let's go to the food stalls!"
Dianna took the lead this time in pulling Charity down the street.
It could have merely been a slip, and even if it wasn't, it didn't change how Dianna saw Charity. They were friends no matter what!

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Charity Briarthorne
Dianna couldnt help but blush a little at the brazen comment.
Well, I figured them being a bit wild at times would apply to the... Erm... Domestic duties of a husband. Im obviously not a fragile dove, nor as gentle as one, so I would hope my husband will recognize that.
"Domestic duties, huh?" Charity mused. "Yeah, you're certainly do fragile, gentle dove. Never fought a bird that roughed me up as bad as you did the other night." she added with another giggle.

Dianna was jolted out of her own thoughts when Charity began pulling her down the street. She didnt think much about their hands touching because she still felt it was a normal gesture. But still, she wasnt fast enough to hide the nervousness in her face, Charity was suddenly concerned.

Dianna smiled and laughed it off.
No! of course not, think nothing of it! Im just musing is all. Lets go to the food stalls!
Dianna took the lead this time in pulling Charity down the street.
It could have merely been a slip, and even if it wasnt, it didnt change how Dianna saw Charity. They were friends no matter what!
"Di- Hey! Wait!" Charity cried as she found that she was now the one being pulled down the street. Whatever had been bothering her friend seemed to have passed though charity couldn't shake the feeling that it was somehow her fault.

The pair soon burst out into the small marketplace full of stalls selling various kind of wares. Charity's thief instincts kicked in as they slowed to a walk, and she began subconsciously glancing about, taking mental notes on her surroundings. No exit to the west... Guards at north and east entrances... Gate to the south... Jeweler in the corner... Enchanter over there... And... Oh! Was that woman selling rare magical artifacts?! She resisted slightly as Dianna led her past all the tempting marks, and to where a few of food stalls sat at the back.

Charity stealthily swiped a small bag of candy off the first stall they passed and stuffed it into her pocket. They stopped at the next stall and she selected a large fruit filled pastry. "See anything that looks good?" Charity asked as she looked to Dianna.

Last edited:
Domestic duties, huh? Charity mused. Yeah, you're certainly do fragile, gentle dove. Never fought a bird that roughed me up as bad as you did the other night. she added with another giggle.
Di- Hey! Wait! Charity cried as she found that she was now the one being pulled down the street. Whatever had been bothering her friend seemed to have passed though charity couldn't shake the feeling that it was somehow her fault.
Dianna laughed as she dragged her friend along and they arrived at the market. Being Alliria there was no shortage of both the common and exotic.
She'd gotten to visit the marketplace more often than anything else during her time here, buying groceries for herself to not suffer the meager mess hall fare.
The pair soon burst out into the small marketplace full of stalls selling various kind of wares. Charity's thief instincts kicked in as they slowed to a walk, and she began subconsciously glancing about, taking mental notes on her surroundings. No exit to the west... Guards at north and east entrances... Gate to the south... Jeweler in the corner... Enchanter over there... And... Oh! Was that woman selling rare magical artifacts?! She resisted slightly as Dianna led her past all the tempting marks, and to where a few of food stalls sat at the back.

Charity stealthily swiped a small bag of candy off the first stall they passed and stuffed it into her pocket. They stopped at the next stall and she selected a large fruit filled pastry. See anything that looks good? Charity asked as she looked to Dianna.
Dianna looked around, unaware of Charity's pilfering nature as she led her friend through the market.
"Hmmm, you probably know this place better than I, but I know of a stall selling cooked meat, we can get a loaf of bread and a wheel of cheese and make a picnic dinner?"
Dianna released Charity's hand to examine a stall with letters in a language she didn't understand, and people who seemed human but whose ethnicity she didn't recognize.
Their stall displayed raw filleted fish on beds of ice, and the people seemed to be chopping them into strips, combining them with rice, pickled vegetables and wrapping them in green seaweed.

Being from the north and inland, she wasn't as familiar with seafood even from the trade that came through Mardania.
She considered experimenting, but she caught sight of another stall which sold jars of more familiar substances, so she went over there to examine a container of tangy yellow mustard.
"Growing up here must have been exciting!"
Dianna exclaimed, bringing up a previous topic.
"You get to see so many things from so many different lands, experience so many different cultures!"

• Cheer
Dianna looked around, unaware of Charitys pilfering nature as she led her friend through the market.
Hmmm, you probably know this place better than I, but I know of a stall selling cooked meat, we can get a loaf of bread and a wheel of cheese and make a picnic dinner?
Charity's eyes lit up at Dianna's suggestion. "Yes! A picnic sounds wonderful!" Upon meeting meeting her friend earlier that day, she had cobbled together a very rough plan, but of course Dianna could find a way to make it better. "I haven't been on one of those since I was a small girl! You come up with the best ideas!" she smiled happily.

A small pout formed on Charity's lips as Dianna released her hand, but was swiftly replaced by a bright smile. "OH! OH! I know the perfect place for us to eat!" she called to Dianna, as she purchased two small rolls of fish. "There's a nice quiet place by the docks! We can watch the ships sailing in and out and catch the sunset!"

Growing up here must have been exciting!
Dianna exclaimed, bringing up a previous topic.
You get to see so many things from so many different lands, experience so many different cultures!
"Yes! Yes, it was!" Charity easily agreed. She joined Dianna, handing one roll to her and popping the other in her mouth. "There's always so many things going on that it never gets boring." Charity reclaimed Dianna's hand and began leading her around the stalls. "I've seen dancers and singers and storytellers from all over Arethil! As a child, Mother used to take me out to shows and performances to learn all about other cultures!"

Having purchased meat, cheese, bread, and a small bottle of wine to share, Charity pulled Dianna towards the exit. "I've never met anyone from Mardus except for you. What kind of traditions do you have there?" she asked as they left the market.

Charitys eyes lit up at Diannas suggestion. Yes! A picnic sounds wonderful! Upon meeting meeting her friend earlier that day, she had cobbled together a very rough plan, but of course Dianna could find a way to make it better. I havent been on one of those since I was a small girl! You come up with the best ideas! she smiled happily.

A small pout formed on Charitys lips as Dianna released her hand, but was swiftly replaced by a bright smile. OH! OH! I know the perfect place for us to eat! she called to Dianna, as she purchased two small rolls of fish. Theres a nice quiet place by the docks! We can watch the ships sailing in and out and catch the sunset!
Dianna pictured the scene, a quiet serene place to relax away from the bustle, she didn't know such a place existed in this city!
Sure, she was used to cities, but for Mardania's sheer size it was sparsely populated by comparison to Alliria.
"Yes, that sounds like a lovely spot!"
She agreed.

Yes! Yes, it was! Charity easily agreed. She joined Dianna, handing one roll to her and popping the other in her mouth.
Dianna took the fish roll, sniffed it, then followed Charity's lead and popped it into her mouth.
It was good! She would have to come back later, perhaps she could learn how to make it herself!

There's always so many things going on that it never gets boring. Charity reclaimed Dianna's hand and began leading her around the stalls. I've seen dancers and singers and storytellers from all over Arethil! As a child, Mother used to take me out to shows and performances to learn all about other cultures!

Having purchased meat, cheese, bread, and a small bottle of wine to share, Charity pulled Dianna towards the exit. Ive never met anyone from Mardus except for you. What kind of traditions do you have there? she asked as they left the market.
Dianna shrugged, "We have some traditions dating back to the founding of our country, festivals and holidays in memorial to wars, conflicts, notable people, kings, queens and historical monuments. I suppose harvest festivals are the same across nations.

Mardus is a ringed city, the second wall is named after a princess who stood upon it, for giving a speech and instituting a law which abolished slavery. Thus every year we celebrate that day. Mardania and Mardus itself have a very rich history."

She explained as they walked. She let Charity lead the way while she took in any unfamiliar sight.

• Ctuhlu senpai
Charity listened intently as Dianna talked about her country's traditions. It all sounded very exciting and meaningful. She had never had the chance to experience another city's celebrations, and the way Dianna spoke about then made her wish she had.

Charity led Dianna through the maze of city streets as she listened, and finally turned off onto a roughly cobbled road. She continued pestering her friend with questions until they reached the end where the cobblestone path gave way to dirt before disappearing entirely. "Here we are!" Charity cried excitedly, leading Dianna a bit farther to reveal that they now stood in a tiny park at the top of a city wall overlooking the harbor. "Hope you're not afraid of heights!"

Locating a stone bench under a nearby tree, Charity set to work on making sandwiches. "This feels a bit strange," Charity confessed with a small laugh. "Can't remember the last time I actually took the time to prepare a meal. Usually just go to the tavern under where I live and order something from there." Charity might not prepare meals for herself, but she had to admit it felt nice doing it for somebody else.

"How's the food at the barracks?" Charity asked curiously, opening the bottle of wine and taking a swig.

Last edited:
Charity listened intently as Dianna talked about her country's traditions. It all sounded very exciting and meaningful. She had never had the chance to experience another city's celebrations, and the way Dianna spoke about them made her wish she had.

Charity led Dianna through the maze of city streets as she listened, and finally turned off onto a roughly cobbled road. She continued pestering her friend with questions until they reached the end where the cobblestone path gave way to dirt before disappearing entirely. "Here we are!" Charity cried excitedly, leading Dianna a bit farther to reveal that they now stood in a tiny park at the top of a city wall overlooking the harbor. "Hope you're not afraid of heights!"
Dianna and Charity chatted away as they walked, enjoying the wholesome simplicity of each other's company.
When they arrived at their destination the view took her breath away!
She'd gotten to see the harbor on a few occasions, but this sight nearly brought a tear to the eye of the northerner.
"It's beautiful!"

Locating a stone bench under a nearby tree, Charity set to work on making sandwiches. "This feels a bit strange," Charity confessed with a small laugh. "Can't remember the last time I actually took the time to prepare a meal. Usually just go to the tavern under where I live and order something from there." Charity might not prepare meals for herself, but she had to admit it felt nice doing it for somebody else.

"How's the food at the barracks?" Charity asked curiously, opening the bottle of wine and taking a swig.
Dianna joined her under the tree, still taking in the impressive view.
"Our fare is generally rather plain. The contents focus more on proper diet rather than flavor. Whenever I get the chance I prefer to get food from the market."

• Yay
Charity mentally congratulated herself for picking the perfect picnic spot as Dianna took in the view. The sun was just beginning to bathe the city in golden light, as a small handful of ships sailed in and out of the harbor and the water far below them glittered.

Dianna joined her under the tree, still taking in the impressive view.
Our fare is generally rather plain. The contents focus more on proper diet rather than flavor. Whenever I get the chance I prefer to get food from the market.
"Not up to the high standards of a noble, eh?" Charity teased, scooching closer to Dianna and handing her a sandwich and the wine. Who cared about how nutritious the food was? Food was supposed to taste good! Not bland and boring! "I suppose that its more important for a soldier to get the proper nutrients than it is that the food's enjoyable..." Still, it didn't make complete sense to Charity. She ate whatever she wanted and was still in top form.

"Hmm... So what kind of food do you like? Like, what would you buy yourself on nights that you can get to the market?" Charity was always eager to learn new things about her new friend. And maybe she could even surprise her friend with a tasty dinner one night!

Last edited:
Charity mentally congratulated herself for picking the perfect picnic spot as Dianna took in the view. The sun was just beginning to bathe the city in golden light, as a small handful of ships sailed in and out of the harbor and the water far below them glittered.

Not up to the high standards of a noble, eh? Charity teased, scooching closer to Dianna and handing her a sandwich and the wine. Who cared about how nutritious the food was? Food was supposed to taste good! Not bland and boring!
Dianna giggled and playfully elbowed Charity at the jab to her status.
Sure, she grew up on the finer things life had to offer, but during her years as a soldier she's come to appreciate less extravagant and more simple but flavorful meals.
I suppose that its more important for a soldier to get the proper nutrients than it is that the foods enjoyable... Still, it didn't make complete sense to Charity. She ate whatever she wanted and was still in top form.
Dianna nodded, "As a rule, yes. A fat or unfit soldier is a liability to the unit."
She flexed a little when she said this. It still surprised her sometimes how her body has changed since becoming a knight, her arms are strong and her hands are calloused and capable. Gone is her youthful slenderness and dainty touch, she now possessed the curves of a woman that hasn't known a man, and the rugged toning of one who wields the tools of men.

She almost laughed at the intrusive thought that came into her head, how the young noble boys had doted on her during her coming of age ceremony. Not a single one of those boys would pick her now as she is, even if she went back and took her place as Lady Calcutte.
No, love for her would not come from the nobility, she knew that long before she came of age... The knights and heroes in the books she read still called to her heart.

Hmm... So what kind of food do you like? Like, what would you buy yourself on nights that you can get to the market? Charity was always eager to learn new things about her new friend. And maybe she could even surprise her friend with a tasty dinner one night!
Dianna came back to reality from her moment of reverie.
"Ah, I usually make a venison stew with vegetables and spices. It's fairly simple to make, and it reminds me of my father's woodland lodge in the countryside. My late mother used to make the recipe for us and I've always loved it!

what about you? What's your favorite food? And don't say "alcohol"!"

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
Dianna nodded, As a rule, yes. A fat or unfit soldier is a liability to the unit.
She flexed a little when she said this. It still surprised her sometimes how her body has changed since becoming a knight, her arms are strong and her hands are calloused and capable. Gone is her youthful slenderness and dainty touch, she now possessed the curves of a woman that hasnt known a man, and the rugged toning of one who wields the tools of men.
Charity felt her cheeks grow warm as Dianna flexed, and thought it a little silly that such a simple action could have that kind of affect on her. If any of the other women she kept company with did that, she would laugh thinking it was a joke.

But Dianna was a far cry from Charity's usual companions. While they were typically soft and very feminine, Dianna was a touch rougher and had the physique and toning of a woman who was used to doing the work of a man. There was something about the combination of hard muscles hiding under a layer of soft skin that fascinated Charity, and she found herself entranced as Dianna spoke. She came back to earth as Dianna finished, and smiled at her friend. What did she say? Something about stew? "That sounds delicious! Maybe next time we meet up you can come over to my place and we can make it together!"

what about you? Whats your favorite food? And dont say alcohol!
"Its... But... I... Fine..." Charity pouted. They had only been friends for a short time, and already Dianna could read her like an open book. "I-I don't like alcohol that much you know!" Charity snipped defensively, snatching the wine from Dianna and taking a long drink from the bottle. "Just helps me forget about things I would rather not think about." she said quietly as she passed it back to Dianna.

Her cheeks flushed again after she realized what she had said. Charity loathed reavealing her innermost thoughts and secrets, prefering to hide behind an air of aloofness. But Dianna's mere presence seemed to pull these highly guarded secrets from her effortlessly.

"A-Anyway..." Charity hastily tried to recover. "You wanted to know my favorite food!" She paused for a short time before she made up her mind. There were so many different kinds of food, how was she supposed to pick just one? "Cake!" Charity declared after a moment. "Its always so sweet and spongy! Cleo used to make the best cakes I have ever had when I was a child. And she still does! You should really try it sometime!"

Charity popped the last bit of sandwich into her mouth and leaned against Dianna's shoulder. The peaceful scene before them put a happy smile on her face as the sun continued its descent towards the horizon.

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
Reactions: Dianna Calcutte
Charity felt her cheeks grow warm as Dianna flexed, and thought it a little silly that such a simple action could have that kind of affect on her. If any of the other women she kept company with did that, she would laugh thinking it was a joke.

But Dianna was a far cry from Charity's usual companions. While they were typically soft and very feminine, Dianna was a touch rougher and had the physique and toning of a woman who was used to doing the work of a man. There was something about the combination of hard muscles hiding under a layer of soft skin that fascinated Charity, and she found herself entranced as Dianna spoke. She came back to earth as Dianna finished, and smiled at her friend. What did she say? Something about stew? That sounds delicious! Maybe next time we meet up you can come over to my place and we can make it together!
"That sounds wonderful! I would most certainly enjoy that, for next time!"

Its... But... I... Fine... Charity pouted. They had only been friends for a short time, and already Dianna could read her like an open book. I-I don't like alcohol that much you know! Charity snipped defensively, snatching the wine from Dianna and taking a long drink from the bottle. Just helps me forget about things I would rather not think about. she said quietly as she passed it back to Dianna.

Her cheeks flushed again after she realized what she had said. Charity loathed revealing her innermost thoughts and secrets, preferring to hide behind an air of aloofness. But Dianna's mere presence seemed to pull these highly guarded secrets from her effortlessly.
Dianna nodded in agreement. Although she's not seen combat on the battlefield, she's seen her share of the consequences for a blade opening flesh. Visions that anyone in their right mind would wish to forget if they could. But, while Dianna enjoyed a drink every now and then, she never used it to try to forget. Because then she knew the memories would come flooding back, and she would have a hangover on top of it.

While she was curious about what sort of memories this happy-go-lucky girl might try to escape from, she decided it wasn't her place to ask. Some boundaries even friends didn't cross, and Dianna sensed that this was one of them.

A-Anyway... Charity hastily tried to recover. You wanted to know my favorite food! She paused for a short time before she made up her mind. There were so many different kinds of food, how was she supposed to pick just one? Cake! Charity declared after a moment. Its always so sweet and spongy! Cleo used to make the best cakes I have ever had when I was a child. And she still does! You should really try it sometime!
Ah yes, sweet confectionaries. Dianna smiled at the memories of her youth, when she would sneak pastries out of the kitchen and share them with her little sister, of the beautiful works of art made with frosting and layers of light and fluffy cakes on birthdays.

It was like she was looking back on a past life. The thought of consuming that many sweets now nearly nauseated her, and thinking back she couldn't think of a greater example of the privileges she enjoyed as a noble and aristocrat's daughter.
Her comrades of lower birth never let her off that easy.

"I wouldn't necessarily consider that an actual food, but I suppose that counts as an honest answer!"
She laughed aloud as she continued eating her portion.

Charity popped the last bit of sandwich into her mouth and leaned against Dianna's shoulder. The peaceful scene before them put a happy smile on her face as the sun continued its descent towards the horizon.
Since Charity claimed her shoulder, Dianna rested her head on Charity's available head, gazing out at the sinking sunset and watching the few ships attend to their evening moorings.
It was good, to have this close comradery with someone not tied down to military protocol or noble etiquette. It made her feel so terribly human, and she liked it.

• Cthuulove
With her head resting on Dianna's shoulder, Charity looked at the sun setting out over the water. Normally when she was looking at the docks, she was thinking up new plans and strategies for her work there. But now, sitting there with Dianna, the whole world and all of its problems seemed to fade away. It was just the two of them. Nothing else mattered.

A deep feeling of calm serenity filled Charity. It was as if when she was with Dianna, she could feel safe. Cared for. And she didn't didn't make Charity feel like she was just a weapon or tool to be used. Like for once somebody actually understood her. She knew that she had one person on her side that she could trust with anything, and still feel unconditionally loved.

Charity wished she knew how to express all the foreign thoughts and feelings to Dianna. She tried to put them in words, but just couldn't. There didn't seem to be any way to get it across. Well... She did know of one way.

Charity gently nudged Dianna's head with her own and sat up. "Hey Dianna..." A mischievous smile was on her lips as she took a moment to study Dianna's face. Gods... She had to be the most beautiful woman Charity had ever met. "C'mere."

Without so much as a warning, Charity gently wrapped her arms around Dianna's waist and pulled her closer. An instant later, she had pressed her lips lightly against Dianna's. She poured all the strange new feelings she didn't know how to express with words into the kiss, hoping they would get across through the contact of their lips. The kiss was over almost as soon as it started, and Charity released Dianna with the same mischievous smile still playing on her lips.

But the smile slowly faded away as the full force of what she had just done hit her. Charity's eyes grew wide as she looked at Dianna in shock, and her face became almost as red as her hair. Who the hell in in their right mind kisses their best friend?!

"Di-Dianna..." Charity stammered. "I'm so sorry... I-I don't know what I was thinking! I-" She had more she wanted to say but the look on Dianna's face sent her back into a shocked silence.

Last edited:
  • Gasp
With her head resting on Dianna's shoulder, Charity looked at the sun setting out over the water. Normally when she was looking at the docks, she was thinking up new plans and strategies for her work there. But now, sitting there with Dianna, the whole world and all of its problems seemed to fade away. It was just the two of them. Nothing else mattered.

A deep feeling of calm serenity filled Charity. It was as if when she was with Dianna, she could feel safe. Cared for. And she didn't make Charity feel like she was just a weapon or tool to be used. Like for once somebody actually understood her. She knew that she had one person on her side that she could trust with anything, and still feel unconditionally loved.

Charity wished she knew how to express all the foreign thoughts and feelings to Dianna. She tried to put them in words, but just couldn't. There didn't seem to be any way to get it across. Well... She did know of one way.
This was nice.

Just taking the time to appreciate the view. The view of the inlet wasn't exactly the sea or the ocean, but the vastness gave the landlocked northern girl the same wondrous feeling of appreciation for its greatness.
Spending this time with a friend made it that much more special, she took her cues from Charity on how she should react to this amazing sight.

It glittered like a million jewels, the reflected light streaked her vision every time she moved her eyes to take it all in.

Charity gently nudged Dianna's head with her own and sat up. Hey Dianna... A mischievous smile was on her lips as she took a moment to study Dianna's face. Gods... She had to be the most beautiful woman Charity had ever met. Cmere.
Dianna looked down at Charity, it seemed like she had another question so Dianna was game.
But what she did next caught her completely off guard.

Without so much as a warning, Charity gently wrapped her arms around Dianna's waist and pulled her closer. An instant later, she had pressed her lips lightly against Dianna's. She poured all the strange new feelings she didn't know how to express with words into the kiss, hoping they would get across through the contact of their lips. The kiss was over almost as soon as it started, and Charity released Dianna with the same mischievous smile still playing on her lips.
Dianna did know what was happening when Charity put her arms around her waist... But she tensed immediately with shock and surprise when soft lips pressed passionately into hers.

Immediately she was overloaded with thoughts and feelings, all conflicting and all vying for priority in her mind, as a result she froze until it was over.
But the smile slowly faded away as the full force of what she had just done hit her. Charity's eyes grew wide as she looked at Dianna in shock, and her face became almost as red as her hair. Who the hell in in their right mind kisses their best friend?!

Di-Dianna... Charity stammered. Im so sorry... I-I don't know what I was thinking! I- She had more she wanted to say but the look on Dianna's face sent her back into a shocked silence.
When the joy suddenly drained from Charity's face and she began to stammer Dianna was finally shocked out of her surprised stupor.
She fell on her back and away from Charity, blinking rapidly as she tried to understand what happened and wiping her mouth with her sleeve.

She suddenly felt breathless and weak and vulnerable, she felt anger, pain, disappointment, a little bit of fear as well.
"Wha-? did you just... Why did you...?"
She couldn't form a complete sentence, and she could almost perceive her panic mode kick in.

Without thinking she got unsteadily to her feet.
"I'm... I'm sorry... I'm sorry, but I'm not like that... I have to go..."
She turns, not able to think about anything else as she walks away back into the city... She felt a tearing sensation in her heart as she did, which summoned forth tears from her eyes.

Last edited:
  • Cry
Charity watched Dianna in shocked silence, unable to muster forth the words she needed to even begin to try and make things right. Each change in her friend's expression was like a new red hot knife being torturously driven into her heart. Dianna spoke, but the words didn't register in Charity's mind, as her friend stood and unsteadily walked alway.

All Charity could think about was how foolish she had been. She had no one else in her life like Dianna. Dianna was one of only a few people who treated her like an actual human being and not a living weapon. She had made Charity feel safe and cared for, and like she had somebody in her corner.

But that wasn't enough for Charity. She couldn't just be happy with how things were, and wanted more. And now, because of her selfishness, Charity had hurt Dianna, ripped her friend's heart to pieces, and driven away the sole positive influence in her life. But, in all reality, what did she think was going to happen, kissing Dianna out of the blue like that?

Charity let out a loud sorrowful cry as tears streamed down her cheeks. She didn't want to lose Dianna. She couldn't lose Dianna. But she couldn't see any solution to the problem. So Charity slowly rose from the bench and did what she had always done when faced with a problem. She ran.

She ran through the busy streets. Ran, choosing to ignore her problems instead of facing them head on. Rivers of tears streaked through the thin layer of dirt and dust that had gathered on her cheeks. But Charity didn't care. The only thing on her mind was running until the situation resolved itself, or she had found a place to hide until it all blew over.

Charity pushed through the masses of people headed on their way home, oblivious to any looks she might receive. Truth be told, she didn't care what she looked like or what other people thought. She just kept running until she had come to the place she thought she could hide from everything. Her mother's archives.

She didn't slow down as she sprinted towards the door which silently swung open as it detected who the visitor was. Charity dashed past the reception desk, through to her mother's office, where she located and passed through the secret entrance to the archives proper.

Down Charity ran, the seemingly infinite spiral starcase bringing her past a seemingly infinite number of gigantic floors, each one packed with towering rows of bookcases with barely any space to walk between them, until she finally reached the bottom, and was met with a floor made of enormous stone tiles. Charity stumbled onward breathlessly, and entered a dark, intracately carved door leading to her mother's hidden garden.

Snow white flowers bathed in a mysterious pale light surrounded her and a sweet scent hung in the air. Charity paid little mind to any of that though, opting instead to make a beeline for a padded bench made out of the same wood as the door. Charity threw herself down onto it, her breathing ragged and the tears not having let up in the slightest, and hugged herself. She was finally safe. Her problems couldn't reach her here, or so she had always thought.

After laying there for what felt like an eternity, Charity finally cried herself to sleep.

Last edited:
  • Cry
Cleo knew she was there.

Few things went on in the archives Cleo was unaware of. However, she was at a loss.

Like a man separated from his arm by a blade in battle…

She was quite aware of the situation and equally ill equipped to deal with it.

She dealt with theives and intruders.

Charity had never much cared for her growing up…

Well that wasnt true..

She did like Cleo for the first three years…when she was younger.

Cleo was like an imaginary friend to the girl almost.

She never had needed to hide her true form from Charity when she was younger. She had used to in the beginning…

Cleo being worried her fangs and horns would scare the poor girl, and not being too curious as to Gwen’s reaction to such an occasion.

But once on an off day (She was allowed one every century or two.) the demon slipped up and Charity had caught her.

Charity surprised the startled demon by being fascinated by her horns, loving her tail, and adoring her wings. Finding it suddenly neasicary to poke, pull and admire every new detail. She often led Cleo around the archives showing her new discoveries, and asking about what sweets or food Cleo was preparing…

But she grew up.

Cleo had gone from an imaginary friend in a place of danger and wonder….

To a servant in her home….to a nuisance only aiding in getting her in trouble with her mother…

Cleo sighed as she glided softly into the clearing.

The archives were not too fond of shadow stepping in its walls, but it seemed to turn a blind eye to 3 of its particularly regular guests in that regard..

She sat next to Charity on the bench silently.

Looking at the grief stricken child..

Well maybe not a child by human standards.. Cleo sighed once more and began to run her fingers through her hair gently.

“I feel safe here too..” She admitted to her sleeping companion.

“As a demon..I don’t feel the same things the same ways you humans do..but..” Her hand stopped softly stroking Charity’s hair for a moment.

Cleo thought for a moment before it resumed.

“I feel close to her here. Like she just walked out of the door and I have some time here for a moment before I need to do what she needed..” The demon said thoughtfully.

Cleo would stay there with her until she woke.

Gently wiping away her drool and stroking her hair.

Her wings enveloping them both..

The way she had when Charity was just a young imp..

child..

child….Cleo..

At some point Charity’s head had began to rest on her left thigh.

Cleo had been flustered for a moment, but hadn’t had the heart to move her. They sat quietly while Charity slept.

Cleo extended a single finger as parchment and quill rose from the shadows hovering in front of her as her finger guided the quill and she filled out paper work for business for the twins.

Heticate never needed help managing the school she ran, but was known to occasionally slip up…

One instance Cleo could recall readily involved a ransom note from a rival merchant company asking for demands in return for the captured associate.

“Their being held in” had been scratched out with “their” being corrected to “they are” andthat was just the beginning of a laundry list of other corrections before concluding with a “C” grade regarding good structure but poor spelling and grammar.

….And a small note asking for them to apply themselves in the future written at the base….

Cleo had simply faced palmed and sent them a note letting them know Gilgamesh would like a meeting in person to discuss meeting their demands.

The associate had been back on their doorstep in less than a fortnight with a letter declining the invitation for meeting and apologizing for the inconvenience.

In all honesty, if Cleo had come to him with the letter asking him to handle it he would’ve looked at her like she sprouted a third arm and professed her undying love for him.

In reality she likely would have just sent Faustian.

The outcome being much the same if not for a loss of most of the security and staff of whoever the offenders were.

The desired result was achieved if not more messily.

Gilgamesh could cut off the head of a snake and use it’s body for his purpose.

Faustian just atomized the snake to guts and bone.

There were a pair of twins she’d begun using to clean up after her “royal highness of destructively grief aided rage, and messy death dealing.” as of late. They weren’t half bad in the demons opinion.

Even the one who seemed far too happy…and maintained that happiness to an almost eerie level even to the demon.

Something about intestines falling from a ceiling covering the girl in blood and guts and receiving a chipper

“Well Gosh! Look out belooowwww! Haha! Someone mustah really gone crazy in here huh!?” In retort.

All the same…She was usually Cleo’s final option when asking for help with the day to day.

Between a Faustian constantly shifting between sulking and unfit table wrath was getting hard to manage.

And Heticate was throwing herself so hard into work in general Cleo hadn’t been by to make her bed in two months.

She simply made sure her neck wasn’t in a painful angle where ever she had decided to slump in her office.

The twins did try to help as much as they could.

But with the problems mentioned…Cleo had been doing a lot on her own.

Gilgamesh was never more than a call away…

But he was dealing with his grief in his own way…

In truth he seemed split..While Cleo had never seen him more kind and honest with his children…

She had never seen him so ruthless to his enemies… his children feared him less. Cleo feared him more.

As a demon having no connection to him beyond his aid in her binding…

Her status of useful and possible liability was always something that hung over her head with a lord like Amadeus.

He had never been cruel to her.

But then again one was never rough with a sturdy blade that served well.

But a chipping blade.

A blade that dulled and needed it’s user to swing harder and harder…

A blade like that was discarded, and melted into something more useful…

Cleo blinked at that frightening thought feeling Charity stir.

Standing softly she flicked her finger quickly.

Vanishing the paper work back to the shadows it had sprung from and a wave of her left hand left Charity’s head hovering where it had been.

Cleo took her leave quickly returning with a sliver tray. On it was something rather unique.

To Charity, Gwen and Ellie.

It was the closest thing to a tradition they had.

The perfect set of ancient elven china. It had been Gwen’s mothers since her own youth. Runes of each of their names would begin to glow when the soul and essence of the individual was near.

It also heated or cooled the tea to the perfect temperature when sipped…Well sipped correctly.

Slurping too quickly over the edge would often provide the displeasure of piping hot or jarringly cold tea slipping past the pleasantly warm tea pouring over the lip.

The kettle had a pleasant steam coming from it as a pleasant breeze blew threw the cave around them. Stirring the pleasantly strong smell of mint with a hint of jasmine into the air.

A small table for two slowly rose from the ground to accommodate the tray as two chairs slid under it.

In the middle of the tea set was a basket of a Charity favorite for breakfast…When she was younger at any rate…

Four big fluffy cinnamon twists dipped in butter and powdered with cinnamon and sugar.

Cleo placed a pillow under Charity’s head before taking a seat at the table. With a flick of her hand Charity’s head dropped to the pillow.

Once she had woken and realized where she was Cleo would calmly look up from pouring herself a cup of tea.

Her eyes peaking over the lenses.

“Breakfast?” She would offer. She knew something was wrong, but she would let Charity tell her what when she wanted.

“You seem to be distressed when you came in..I felt this would help..” She would say in her usual polite monotone.

Dianna stumbled over a rain bucket and flailed her arms before regaining her balance.

She wasn't walking anywhere in particular, she was walking for the sake of walking.
This new development caught her off guard but suddenly so much now made sense, the accidental brushes and touches were not so "accidental" in her mind anymore, the awkward moments in the baths that seemed so innocent to Dianna she now saw in a different light... Had Charity been crushing on her from the very beginning? How could she not have noticed? It's not like women had never expressed interest in her before, it was a common thing for women in the military to forgo the touch of a man for the touch of a woman that did not risk pregnancy and the end of their military career.

But Dianna hadn't been looking for the signs... Charity, her only friend in this foreign land... She wanted to find a reason to be angry, to despise her for treating her like someTHING instead of a person, like she could just kiss her out of the blue... But really, was Dianna simply THAT dense?

That kiss... It must have been a mere moment but it was so deep and... Passionate.
Charity must have thought that their relationship had been progressing, that this was the time to take it to the next level.

She grunted when her shoulder collided with a wooden support beam. Why couldn't she watch where she was going?
Why was everything so blurry?

She touched her cheeks... Tears?

Yes, of course she was crying. Why wouldn't she? She cared deeply about Charity, they were friends! But why did this feel like such a betrayal? Was it because she never knew this rather important aspect about her friend? That Charity saw her as a romantic interest?
If Dianna had known this certainly wouldn't have been such a shock...

She bumped into something else, a shoulder belonging to a black robes man.
She mumbled a quick apology, wiping her eyes to see who it was.
"Terribly sorry..."
Her gaze met a porcelain white face, a mask of a man with a grim expression and empty eyes.
He was tall and wiry with a deep black hood. Any flesh he might have was thoroughly covered in black.

"... Worry not... Child..."
The man replied in a low disembodied voice that echoed behind his ceramic mask.
He stopped in the street as Dianna staggered past.
She felt a chill run down her spine from this man... He was odd.

She moved on while he watched her leave with those empty eye holes.

In spite of this menacing encounter she made it back home without incident. She lit the fire and put on a pot of tea while she sat down and tried to center her thoughts.

• Cry
Charity's eyes slowly fluttered open, her gaze coming to rest on the ceiling that sat high above her. Where was she? Oh right. Gwendolyn's private garden. And when did she get a pillow?

She pondered on the events that had led her to this point. Spending the evening with Dianna... I wonder what she's up to?... Shopping and the picnic... then... Charity scrunched up her face, fighting back a sudden wave of tears as the rest of the night played out in her mind. NO! She forced the memories deep down, locking them in a remote corner of her heart. What was done, was done, and she needed to forget about it and move on.

“Breakfast?” She would offer. She knew something was wrong, but she would let Charity tell her what when she wanted.
"...Hmm?" Charity let out a small shaky sigh and tipped her head towards the direction of the voice. How had she not realized there was somebody there with her? "Oh... G'mornin' Savoca..." She sat up groggily and scratched the back of her head. While Charity truly did appreciate Cleo coming all the way down to the garden to greet her, she couldn't help but be a tiny bit annoyed. The demon had a vexing habit of appearing and inserting herself into Charity's life, despite her best efforts to avoid her.

"Shoulda gone to Faust's..." Charity grumbled with a frown as she rose from the bench and took a seat at the table. At least her sister had the courtesy to leave her alone and let her work things out in her own time without trying to butt in.

Charity looked at the spread before her and made a clear point of ignoring Cleo. Gwendolyn's elven china, still somehow in pristine condition despite the numerous time Charity had clumsily broken them. And were those cinnamon twists?! Those were her favorite breakfast! Charity stole a quick glance at Cleo and wondered if she still remembered that from when she was just a young child. Of course she did, Charity decided. It was her job to remember those sorts of things. She was their servant after all.

But deep down, Charity wondered if Cleo was more than just a servant. For the first few years of living with Gwendolyn, Cleo was her best and only friend. They had spent countless hours exploring the archives, reading books, and doing many other fun things. Cleo had also always been a willing playmate when Charity had run home crying after chasing away the other children by picking fights. Maybe Cleo wasn't strictly just a servant, but then what was she?

"Distressed?" Charity repeated around a mouthful of food. "What makes ya say that?" she continued feigning ignorance. "If I really had been distressed, the twins would be out there cleaning up after me right now."

Although that was normally true, the pain Charity had felt the night before was an entirely different beast than what she typically experienced. For the first time, Charity hadn't felt the urge to destroy, and had instead only felt the need to hide and disappear from the world.

"Look... Don't worry about it, Savoca. I'm fine." Charity deflected Cleo's observation and grabbed another cinnamon twist. If it was her mother or Eilerias, Charity was sure that she would be bawling her eyes out and telling them everything that had happened. But with Cleo? Not a chance. She was a demon. There was no way she could even begin to understand how Charity was feeling.

"How are the twins doing?" Charity asked casually, pretending to herself that she wasn't just trying to change the subject. "Haven't seem much of them since... well you know."

Last edited:
It always struck him odd.

Land as far as the eye could see.

Stretching out like the ocean.

It had been jarring slightly. Slightly being the polite term Kezzinah used to describe his weak knees and crippling disbelief.

His father had decided island life had made him soft.

As one of the three sole amabassadors of Kezjectah.

The island the elf grew up on. A community of reclusive, tribal elves. Many never saw the outside world past the vast sea that separates the island from the rest of the world.

The island sun long ago turning their fair skin an almost tan complexion.

Kezzinah was just the medic.

Skilled in physical first aid with the bandages and the magically imbued tools issued to him, but he was also pretty gifted at healing magic.

Some said watching him work was like watching a warrior waging a war against a fortress bare handed. The warrior was Kezzinah.

The fortress?

Pain and injury.

Despite his vigor he was a gentle soul, and given his rather youthful if not slightly almost feminine looks most of the guards and soldiers gave him a harder time than most, but his kind heart and skill at his craft endeared him to most and kept the ribbing mostly good natured.

He had been heading back to his own quarters after duty when he saw Dianna walking back as well.

She had been relieved earlier than himself. She had been very excited to be going somewhere.

A date Kez had guessed or she was meeting someone close to her all the same. But seeing her now..

He almost hailed her from a distance before watching her stumble into a wooden support beam and a dark robed man before finally making it home.

He had followed her for no other reason than to ensure she was ok.

His healer heart already picking up something was amiss. Dianna was a strong woman.

She didn’t need his protection. He was a little above average as a fighter as it was.

Being given a hard time and constantly under estimated for his appearance and demeanor Kez had always had to work hard in the sparring ring.

Knocking down many a larger peg thinking they could demolish the cutesy healer. Only to be left disarmed, embarrassed and undoubtedly slightly sore. Which he would gladly heal….

Dianna on the other hand. He had seen for himself by the caliber of who she sent to the medical tent from the sparring ring and how many people had to carry them.

People that could beat him with a move..

It wasn’t a physical wound.

She wasn’t in physical pain at any rate.

So he couldn’t render his healing..

No this was a problem of the mind he concluded. Now that could often be mended by a listening ear.

…and that he could always provide.

He gently knocked.

“Paladin Calcutte? Medic Kezzinah requesting entry.”

He said formally. Dianna was nice and probably wouldn’t care off duty. But he respected her, and she liked off duty formality to a degree even if she didn’t demand or ask for it…

Call it a hunch of his..especially with her subordinates which thankfully he was.

“I’ve come to nenke mandalacki!” He stopped realizing he had spoken in islander.

“I mean I’ve come just to say hello! I thought you might like to talk…You seemed..” He stopped realizing he was still on the street.

Maybe he should not bear the business of his sister in arms so plainly.

It was a problem he often had…

It was from island life..

Everyone knew everyone for the most part.

There was little use to secrets or private business.

But here..

These land dwellers..

So many secrets and lies…

To eachother and to themselves.

It was odd, but something he understood. Though generally not a quality at large it was an attitude held by most of the diplomats his father worked with..and his father as well..

If Dianna answered the door she would be greeted by the tan smiling elf. A tribal style tattoo on his right arm. His eyes already beginning to slightly glow in the fast approaching dusk.

he would give her his most comforting smile and offer a slightly glowing hand.

It wouldn’t take away any of her emotional distress. If she was sad she would remain so. It was understood by his people no magic could cure the heart.

Only manipulate and break it.

This made empath magic a bit edgy for him.

He didn’t trust the powers the people were meddling with.

but he could heal the fringe damage it would do to her health.

Slowing any rapid heart beat, ease any tension in the neck and shoulders and calming any rapid breathing.

Last edited:
Oh... Gmornin Savoca... She sat up groggily and scratched the back of her head. While Charity truly did appreciate Cleo coming all the way down to the garden to greet her, she couldnt help but be a tiny bit annoyed.
Cleo sighed. The annoyance was expected…She would be more worried if she had been sad…and if gods forbid cordial.

That would have been almost scary.
Shoulda gone to Fausts... Charity grumbled with a frown as she rose from the bench and took a seat at the table.
“Faustian is away. I’m sure it would have suited you better.” Cleo agreed. The more roguish sister had been Charity’s friend almost to the day they met.

Her general chaotic outlook and jovial as well a generally dismissive behavior when dealing with emotional trauma or grief of varying degrees….It made more sense. However lately…

She’d been distant. Secretive. The unspoken reason Charity had not gone to Faust was the erratic and increasingly paranoid sister was just as likely to slam the door in her face as she was to welcome her or even be there to do either….

Heticate the same if not a bit more composed.

It was worrying the sisterhood…as well as Cleo herself. Sisters had gone rouge and it was always harshly dealt with.

But never sisters so close to Amadeus..The utmost caution and tact was required…
Distressed? Charity repeated around a mouthful of food. What makes ya say that? she continued feigning ignorance. If I really had been distressed, the twins would be out there cleaning up after me right now.
“You were crying. Which is why the twins are not cleaning up after you. Not all problems can be blasted away, not all distress is responded to with rage.” Cleo said directly.

The demon had very little grasp of tact and this being Charity she felt it would be lost on her even if it was used.

It was not impolite, but it held no warmth in it.
Look... Dont worry about it, Savoca. Im fine.
Cleo opened her mouth to continue but closed it dutifully the moment Charity bid her not to worry. “As you say ma’am.” She would say with a short nod.
How are the twins doing? Charity asked casually, pretending to herself that she wasnt just trying to change the subject. Havent seem much of them since... well you know.
“They are well. An odd couple like you said, but very effective, efficient, and confidential. I had my doubts but I’m happy to report they have made me feel foolish..” Her tail flicked slightly in an annoyed way. “Which is no small feat.”

It always struck him odd.

Land as far as the eye could see.

Stretching out like the ocean.

It had been jarring slightly. Slightly being the polite term Kezzinah used to describe his weak knees and crippling disbelief.

His father had decided island life had made him soft.

As one of the three sole ambassadors of Kezjectah.

The island the elf grew up on. A community of reclusive, tribal elves. Many never saw the outside world past the vast sea that separates the island from the rest of the world.

The island sun long ago turning their fair skin an almost tan complexion.

Kezzinah was just the medic.

Skilled in physical first aid with the bandages and the magically imbued tools issued to him, but he was also pretty gifted at healing magic.

Some said watching him work was like watching a warrior waging a war against a fortress bare handed. The warrior was Kezzinah.

The fortress?

Pain and injury.

Despite his vigor he was a gentle soul and given his rather youthful if not slightly almost feminine looks most of the guards and soldiers gave him a harder time than most, but his kind heart and skill at his craft endeared him to most and kept the ribbing mostly good natured.

He had been heading back to his own quarters after duty when he saw Dianna walking back as well.

She had been relieved earlier than himself. She had been very excited to be going somewhere.

A date Kez had guessed, or she was meeting someone close to her all the same. But seeing her now...

He almost hailed her from a distance before watching her stumble into a wooden support beam and a dark robed man before finally making it home.

He had followed her for no other reason than to ensure she was ok.

His healer heart already picking up something was amiss. Dianna was a strong woman.

She didn’t need his protection. He was a little above average as a fighter as it was.

Being given a hard time and constantly underestimated for his appearance and demeanor Kez had always had to work hard in the sparring ring.

Knocking down many a larger peg thinking they could demolish the cutesy healer. Only to be left disarmed, embarrassed and undoubtedly slightly sore. Which he would gladly heal….

Dianna on the other hand. He had seen for himself by the caliber of who she sent to the medical tent from the sparring ring and how many people had to carry them.

People that could beat him with a move...

It wasn’t a physical wound.

She wasn’t in physical pain at any rate.

So, he couldn’t render his healing...

No this was a problem of the mind he concluded. Now that could often be mended by a listening ear.

…and that he could always provide.
He gently knocked.

“Paladin Calcutte? Medic Kezzinah requesting entry.”

He said formally. Dianna was nice and probably wouldn’t care off duty. But he respected her, and she liked off duty formality to a degree even if she didn’t demand or ask for it…

Call it a hunch of his... Especially with her subordinates which thankfully he was.

“I’ve come to nenke mandalacki!” He stopped realizing he had spoken in islander.

“I mean I’ve come just to say hello! I thought you might like to talk…You seemed...” He stopped realizing he was still on the street.

Maybe he should not bear the business of his sister in arms so plainly.

It was a problem he often had…

It was from island life...

Everyone knew everyone for the most part.

There was little use to secrets or private business.

But here...

These land dwellers...

So many secrets and lies…

To each other and to themselves.

It was odd, but something he understood. Though generally not a quality at large it was an attitude held by most of the diplomats his father worked with. And his father as well...

If Dianna answered the door, she would be greeted by the tan smiling elf. A tribal style tattoo on his right arm. His eyes already beginning to slightly glow in the fast-approaching dusk.

he would give her his most comforting smile and offer a slightly glowing hand.

It wouldn’t take away any of her emotional distress. If she was sad, she would remain so. It was understood by his people no magic could cure the heart.

Only manipulate and break it.

This made empath magic a bit edgy for him.

He didn’t trust the powers the people were meddling with.

but he could heal the fringe damage it would do to her health.

Slowing any rapid heartbeat, ease any tension in the neck and shoulders and calming any rapid breathing.
It wasn't long after she put the pot on the fire that she heard the knock on her door.
She was about to answer it when she heard her subordinate identify himself, in his characteristic culturally awkward fashion.
Kezzinah, the combat medic of their unit.

The island elves had to travel far and wide to come into contact with the kingdom of Mardania, but relations with them have proven beneficial in spite of the difficulties of distance. Through the teleportation stones trade was made possible.
Kezzinah and Dianna had an amicable relationship, but she'd never actually learned his first name. True to military form they usually addressed each other by their family names.

At this moment, however, Dianna debated whether she should open the door at all... The tightness in her heart only seemed to increase at the idea of seeing anyone right now, let alone talking to anybody. She tried to take a deep breath to calm herself, but the breath came out with a heavy shudder and only served to increase her stress.
She glanced in the small mirror on the wall, she looked a mess already, how long had she been crying? her eyes were red and puffy, and her cheeks streaked with tears and dust.

Well... She was hurting... What better companion to have at this time than a medic? He'd seen her with messy open wounds in her flesh, what was a gaping wound in her heart to someone like him?

She slowly unlatched the door and opened it, leaning against the doorframe.
She couldn't even bring herself to force a smile to meet his, but she did take his hand, allowing his healing magic to sooth her physical stress.
"... Kezzinah... What brings you by at this hour?"

Kezzinah kept a straight face as the door opened to reveal a puffy eyed Dianna. Clearly distressed, and distraught.

She would never allow herself to be seen like this. She had taken arrows, slashes and blows without more than a grunt.

The island elf felt the reaction he had held back would have only worsened her.

Reminded her of how she appeared.

Such a far cry from the strong and driven Dianna he knew.

But she wasn’t in her armor now.

This had nothing to do with an enemy.

Not one you could fell with a blade at any rate.

Just like she was not injured in a way that his kit could fix. These were matters of the heart.

To be undone with words and kind action. When she took his hand he simply remained silent and gently led her back to her chair.

He busied himself straightening up her hastily thrown on pot and finishing brewing some tea.

Allowing Dianna to speak and ask her question but he would only gesture for her to sit and gather herself until the tea was complete.

It wasn’t until they had a mug each that he finally spoke.

“As I said…I came by to see how things went. When I saw you though..” He gave her a saddened look.

“I had a feelings things had not gone like you had hoped they would..” He was very careful not to pry, but wanted Dianna to know she could speak if she wished, but it was not required.

He was not here to find out the problem. He was here to make sure she recovered back to usual self despite it, and allow her to not worry about saving any face.

He would answer the door if someone knocked.

The island elf simply smiled and enjoyed his friends presence. Dianna had a way of allowing others to relax. Maybe not everyone. Some warriors were just too high strung…He chuckled thinking of a few names. But being the medic..He never felt judged by Dianna..and he had always respected how she treated him normally..

He swore people took his easy going island nature to be ignorance. Just as they took his slimmer frame and more effeminate appearance as weakness.

While respected for their intellect that came from their long lives as a whole…

He had a feeling his Allie’s thought him and some of his people a bit naive..

He pushed those thoughts out of his mind however focussing on the hurting person that was the exception to those foul thoughts.

His healing having done wonders on her stuffy nose, and puffy eyes.

Her expression however remained distraught and unchanged.

Last edited:
“You were crying. Which is why the twins are not cleaning up after you. Not all problems can be blasted away, not all distress is responded to with rage.” Cleo said directly.
Charity waved what remained of her cinnamon twist dismissively. "C'mon Cleo. You of all people should know how much of a crybaby I am. Seeing me running into the archives bawling my eyes out is nothing new."

A slight frown pulled at the corners of her mouth upon being called "Ma'am". Charity couldn't understand why Cleo had insisted on calling her that ever since Gwen had passed. It wasn't as if she was Cleo's new master or anything. Charity wondered what had happened to the cute nicknames the demon used to call her. She was particularly fond of "imp", but she would never tell Cleo that. Charity ultimately decided to let it slide for the moment, and sipped her tea.

“They are well. An odd couple like you said, but very effective, efficient, and confidential. I had my doubts but I’m happy to report they have made me feel foolish..” Her tail flicked slightly in an annoyed way. “Which is no small feat.”
"That sounds like my sisters!" Charity grinned proudly and greedily snatched another twist from the basket. "There isn't a job on Arethil that those two devils can't handle!"

"Especially Faust!"
she added. Ever since she was a little girl, Charity had dreamed about what the perfect older sister would be like. Faustian had proven to be all that and so much more. She was fun, fiercely protective, incredibly beautiful, and most importantly in Charity's mind, monstrously strong.

And while Charity also cared deeply for Heticate, the other twin had shown herself to be too cold, formal, and uptight for Charity's liking. She was exactly what one would expect of the head of a number of prestigious schools. Though Charity would never admit it, she also resented Heticate a bit for how strongly she reminded her of her late mother.

Charity sat in silence, thoughtfully munching on her breakfast, until new train of thought suddenly popped into her head. "Hey Cleo...?" she asked cautiously, "Have ya never done something that seemed like a good idea in the moment, but then later turned out to be the worst mistake of your life?" Charity studied the demon over the rim of her teacup as she waited for her response.

Last edited:
  • Cry
Kezzinah kept a straight face as the door opened to reveal a puffy eyed Dianna. Clearly distressed, and distraught.

She would never allow herself to be seen like this. She had taken arrows, slashes and blows without more than a grunt.

The island elf felt the reaction he had held back would have only worsened her.

Reminded her of how she appeared.

Such a far cry from the strong and driven Dianna he knew.

But she wasn’t in her armor now.

This had nothing to do with an enemy.

Not one you could fell with a blade at any rate.

Just like she was not injured in a way that his kit could fix. These were matters of the heart.

To be undone with words and kind action. When she took his hand he simply remained silent and gently led her back to her chair.

He busied himself straightening up her hastily thrown on pot and finishing brewing some tea.

Allowing Dianna to speak and ask her question but he would only gesture for her to sit and gather herself until the tea was complete.
She let him inside and followed his unspoken instruction to sit while he tidied up and prepared the tea properly.
That was fine with her, she didn't trust herself to speak for fear that her voice might quiver.

His healing steadied her a little bit, she didn't feel as disgusting as she did earlier with the various ailments brought on by unbridled tears. She found a handkerchief and dabbed at the remnants of her running nose and eyes.

It wasn’t until they had a mug each that he finally spoke.

“As I said… I came by to see how things went. When I saw you though...” He gave her a saddened look.

“I had a feeling things had not gone like you had hoped they would...” He was very careful not to pry, but wanted Dianna to know she could speak if she wished, but it was not required.

He was not here to find out the problem. He was here to make sure she recovered back to usual self despite it, and allow her to not worry about saving any face.

He would answer the door if someone knocked.

The island elf simply smiled and enjoyed his friends presence. Dianna had a way of allowing others to relax. Maybe not everyone. Some warriors were just too high strung… He chuckled thinking of a few names. But being the medic... He never felt judged by Dianna... and he had always respected how she treated him normally...

He swore people took his easy going island nature to be ignorance. Just as they took his slimmer frame and more effeminate appearance as weakness.

While respected for their intellect that came from their long lives as a whole…

He had a feeling his Ally's thought him and some of his people a bit naive..

He pushed those thoughts out of his mind however focussing on the hurting person that was the exception to those foul thoughts.

His healing having done wonders on her stuffy nose, and puffy eyes.

Her expression however remained distraught and unchanged.
She accepted the cup in both hands to keep them from shaking and took a sip as he explained himself.
He wasn't a therapist, he'd made that clear on several occasions during their tours together, but he had a doctor's patience and that was further soothing to her.

"I had... I had no idea what to expect..." She began, testing her voice to see if some of her usual eloquence had returned... there was no eloquence, but she didn't tremble so she forged ahead.

"I thought it was just an outting with a friend... I... I don't even know why I left like I did... I don't know why I started crying..."
She lowered her cup to the table and touched her fingers to her lips, her eyes looking nowhere in particular.
"She kissed me... I feel so naive that I didn't notice that she had feelings for me... I thought everything was so innocent... I was so wrong!"
She felt tears welling up again.
Again, she couldn't tell why she wanted to cry. She felt foolish, naive, like maybe she had led Charity on without even realizing it, like she had done something dirty, like what had happened was wrong... It WAS wrong, wasn't it?
Yes, because women couldn't reproduce with each other and have an heir, she couldn't have a WIFE and bear her legacy, such things were impossible.
And that's what she ultimately wanted, wasn't it? To eventually find someone she could devote herself to, body and spirit, go on grand adventures and then watch their children grow up together...

That's what she had always wanted since she was a child... So why did she feel so confused by a single kiss from a woman?
Why did her first kiss have to go to a woman? Her first real kiss that caught her by surprise but in that brief moment was so deep and passionate, soft and inviting... Why couldn't she shake off the memory of those incredibly soft and needy lips!

Her cheeks went red as she realized she was daydreaming and quickly picked up her cup again, taking another deep sip of the steamy tea.

• Cry
Cmon Cleo. You of all people should know how much of a crybaby I am. Seeing me running into the archives bawling my eyes out is nothing new.
The demon shrugged. “As of late that has not been the case…But I see your point..” She let it drop casually allowing charity to continue.
That sounds like my sisters! Charity grinned proudly and greedily snatched another twist from the basket. There isnt a job on Arethil that those two devils cant handle!

Especially Faust!
she added.

Cleo nodded slowly.

Faustian…

the imp had certainly taken to the demon. A fact many sister that had once trained under Faust had been bitter about. Faustian only had time for Charity.

But now..She didn’t have time for anything but whatever she had been getting up to with that sister of hers. Cleo found them both frustrating in her own way.

They were a bit too…

Willful..

For her liking.

Demons were to serve perfectly. Not decide things for themselves..When things like that happened.. but they weren’t servants..

They were soldiers. And good soldiers could make their own decisions in the parameters of the mission at hand. The demon twins excelled at that..

Hey Cleo...? she asked cautiously, Have ya never done something that seemed like a good idea in the moment, but then later turned out to be the worst mistake of your life? Charity studied the demon over the rim of her teacup as she waited for her response.

“Yes..” The demon would say after a moment.

The question had pulled her from her thoughts like her leg was being hauled out from under her by a a full grown kraken.

But her ingrained obedience forced the truth from her effortlessly. Regardless of her thoughts on it being shared.

“The night I let your mother leave and did not accompany her.” She said her ingrained desire to obey leaving her and allowing the weight of her words to sink into her with a delayed effect.

“I’m sorry ma’am.” Placing a hand to her mouth she would apologize softly. Not meeting the young woman’s gaze.