Private Tales Extended family

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
With that she giggled. "My wisdom?" she asked with a smile. "While I thank you for the compliment, but is far from necessary. We are family if you'll have me." Palmyra said reassuring him.

"We'll see if Syvis is opposed," He told her. "I doubt she will be but she does have some trouble trusting certain people. But I have a feeling that she'll be happy to help you."

She crossed her tanned hands delicately over her lap. She looked about and said a mild "excuse me." before drawing the shades over the windows. Once they were closed she took off her linen wrap and folded it neatly beside her. This being the vampire across from hers first time truly seeing her face she let out a warm smile. She outstretched a hand, "I may be a little late to restart introductions, regardless I am Palmyra Creze. The successful student of the famed healer woman of Maraan." Her curled dark hair bounced as she spoke.

He took her hand with a smile. "It's nice to meet you Palmyra Creze, I am Conrad."

“That is understandable. Plus I will have to read her soul to see if I even want to be around her.” Palm said in all honesty. “People lie— but the soul, never.” She said warmly.

She nodded politely. “Pleased to be properly acquainted.” Palm said as she gave the hand a pat before withdrawing.

“So. I must ask,-“ Her accent got thicker as she got more nervous. “-please understand I mean no offence.” Palm added before going into her sentence. “But you will not eat me, yes?”

• Haha
Reactions: Conrad
“That is understandable. Plus I will have to read her soul to see if I even want to be around her.” Palm said in all honesty. “People lie— but the soul, never.” She said warmly.

He cocked an eyebrow. "Read her soul? How does that work?"

“So. I must ask,-“ Her accent got thicker as she got more nervous. “-please understand I mean no offence.” Palm added before going into her sentence. “But you will not eat me, yes?”

That earned laughter from the big man. Laughter that kept him from answering immediately. When he recovered he said, "no, I won't eat you. I'll find a barmaid or maybe a bandit to feed from."

“Nearly every living thing has a soul. Yours is a matter of discussion, but that is purely based upon your race not you as a person. I see them.” She answered simply. There was FAR, FAR, FAR, more but to get within the logistics of it would have taken her years. It took her 15 years to even learn the ability, and only the blessed may.

“It tells me basically if one is a good person, or bad person, lost, or found, conflicted, or at peace. With a soul comes an aura, everyone has one regardless of the status of their soul. It’s their deepest depths, the most one could ever get to knowing someone. Some people are blessed with its sight for life, others loose it after they grow out of being a babe. Notice how babies will refuse to go to certain people? That is because they see what we cannot.” Palm told him. “That is how I knew you were a good man.” She added with a shrug. Some did not believe her abilities, and that was their issue. The truth presents itself always, if they didn’t take heed to her warnings the consequences are theirs alone.

The laughter relaxed her. He was not offended; good. She let out a breath. “Thank you. Do you feed off Dayana?” Palmyra asked him curiously. To prevent her being startled should the occasion arrive.

• Popcorn
“Nearly every living thing has a soul. Yours is a matter of discussion, but that is purely based upon your race not you as a person. I see them.” She answered simply. There was FAR, FAR, FAR, more but to get within the logistics of it would have taken her years. It took her 15 years to even learn the ability, and only the blessed may.

“It tells me basically if one is a good person, or bad person, lost, or found, conflicted, or at peace. With a soul comes an aura, everyone has one regardless of the status of their soul. It’s their deepest depths, the most one could ever get to knowing someone. Some people are blessed with its sight for life, others loose it after they grow out of being a babe. Notice how babies will refuse to go to certain people? That is because they see what we cannot.” Palm told him. “That is how I knew you were a good man.” She added with a shrug. Some did not believe her abilities, and that was their issue. The truth presents itself always, if they didn’t take heed to her warnings the consequences are theirs alone.

He nodded his understanding. "Makes sense. I suppose to some extent everyone can sense that sort of thing to a point, albeit not always accurately. When you have a feeling about someone that you can't explain. Is it basically like that but more Reliable?"

The laughter relaxed her. He was not offended; good. She let out a breath. “Thank you. Do you feed off Dayana?” Palmyra asked him curiously. To prevent her being startled should the occasion arrive.

"No. My home has a system in place to keep the vampires fed while protecting the mortals. I suppose the best word for it is slavery, but that isn't entirely accurate. See, we take criminals, and depending on the severity of the crime they serve time, but not in a prison but rather as cattle for vampires to feed from. And there are also donations where one can volunteer to be cattle for a little while in return for pay. I have myself a girl I feed from, twenty years old I think, we caught her after we raided a bandit camp."

Palmyra nodded. "That's a good description." It was a fairly good description for someone who seemed not to know a whole lot about the subject. "Most people don't look for souls now anymore, since the rise of magic why use herb healers when there's mages who'd fix you up in a moment. But there's still some who seek us, so we thrive on." Palmyra felt no hard feelings towards the rise in healing mages, what they could do was just as amazing as what Palm could do. Too many people bashed one and other.

Palm nodded in semi-understanding. "Forgive my questions, I just haven't a clue on how your world works." With that the carriage shook violently. "What in the worlds?" Palm asked concerned.

• Bless
Palmyra nodded. "That's a good description." It was a fairly good description for someone who seemed not to know a whole lot about the subject. "Most people don't look for souls now anymore, since the rise of magic why use herb healers when there's mages who'd fix you up in a moment. But there's still some who seek us, so we thrive on." Palmyra felt no hard feelings towards the rise in healing mages, what they could do was just as amazing as what Palm could do. Too many people bashed one and other.

"Is soul reading not magic?" He asked, surprised at her words.

Palm nodded in semi-understanding. "Forgive my questions, I just haven't a clue on how your world works." With that the carriage shook violently. "What in the worlds?" Palm asked concerned.

He would have said it was probably a rock in the road, but with what she had told him of her husband he didn't think so. He opened up the storage compartment under the backseat and whispered, "Hide, I'll see what it is. It might just be a rock, but maybe not."

Once she was hidden he'd stop the carriage and step out.

“Yes and no. I have no magic, I’m just blessed.” Palm told him.

Palmyra nodded grabbing her linen wrap as she cocooned herself in her flowing desert garments. Placing her head wrap over her face and laid still; hoping she looked like sheets.

• Bless
Stepping out he saw mounted on a horse and flanked by two men, his new companion's husband. He scowled and stepped down to the ground and strode forward with clear threat in his posture, "What do you want pig?"

Palm‘s breath caught in her throat as she heard muffled interactions through the carriage walls.

Lord Derren made to dismount off of his horse, but as he wiggled he figured a quick get away would be best. Should the man become... violent. He let out a boarish and dry wheeze. „Pig.“ he said to his comrades. They nervously chuckled yet clearly didn’t wish to be there. „Have you my lotus?!?“ Derren declared.

Lord Derren made to dismount off of his horse, but as he wiggled he figured a quick get away would be best. Should the man become... violent. He let out a boarish and dry wheeze. „Pig.“ he said to his comrades. They nervously chuckled yet clearly didn’t wish to be there. „Have you my lotus?!?“ Derren declared.

"Lotus? You mean your prized whore? No. How could I have her, she was with you when I left and I haven't stopped moving since I left your estate. Though I should thank you for finding me," he started to draw closer to Derren, and drew his sword at the same time, "you've saved me the trouble of declaring war. Now you're right here, and I can cut you into as many pieces as my wife's honor demands!"

• Nervous
Reactions: Palmyra Creze
Palm heard yelling. Yet she laid still. Eyes clenched shut.

Lord Derren chuckled, “My actions do not grant war boy.” His face turned dark. “You are new to this-“ he snarled “-pathetic excuse of lordship. The old have friends, friends who will snuff the flame of the youth.” He smiled jovially.

“Do me the honour of searching your carriage. All this over as you called her, a prized whore. Is she really worth starting a war over? Ruining the reputation as you make it?” He questioned in attempted reason.

• Devil
Lord Derren chuckled, “My actions do not grant war boy.” His face turned dark. “You are new to this-“ he snarled “-pathetic excuse of lordship. The old have friends, friends who will snuff the flame of the youth.” He smiled jovially.

“Do me the honour of searching your carriage. All this over as you called her, a prized whore. Is she really worth starting a war over? Ruining the reputation as you make it?” He questioned in attempted reason.

"You aren't the only one with friends you incompetent landmass." He said back clearly not intimidated. "And if you think that my wife's honour is not worth going to war over you incompetent, bloated landmass, then you're very wrong. Besides, killing you is doing the world a favour."

"And do not presume authority over me mortal." He growled dangerously. "You are little more than an insect, a parasite to be eradicated. I tell you now, leave before I rip you in twine."

• Thoughtful
"Fucking leech. You're poor 'wife' is likely nothing but a thrall you disgusting boar." Lord Derren growled. "Give me my fucking wife!" He bellowed. "I own her, she is MINE. You disgusting thief!" He drew a silver stake. "Do you really think, I'd pursue you without a hunter?" He asked, assuming he had the upper hand by the vampire hunter he'd taken with him and hidden in the trees. With that Conrad would hear a rustle in the surrounding trees meant as a display of presence. "We are equal blood sucker, you might be doing the world a 'favour' by killing me, but I will be purging the world of evil impurity by having your demon spawn head slain, then killing all of your kind in your state." He added gruffly.

The pressure was getting to Palm as she heard tidbits, if Conrad died over her, Syvis would likely never even attempt to hear the girls story. Palmyra also couldn't allow the Lord Derren to die, despite how dark he was in the soul the man was not evil. Few times he even showed her compassion. Her mind was going in circles, the whole thing could be avoided if Palmyra just left her hideout and was brave enough to her face demon and go home.

• Devil
"Fucking leech. You're poor 'wife' is likely nothing but a thrall you disgusting boar." Lord Derren growled. "Give me my fucking wife!" He bellowed. "I own her, she is MINE. You disgusting thief!" He drew a silver stake. "Do you really think, I'd pursue you without a hunter?" He asked, assuming he had the upper hand by the vampire hunter he'd taken with him and hidden in the trees. With that Conrad would hear a rustle in the surrounding trees meant as a display of presence. "We are equal blood sucker, you might be doing the world a 'favour' by killing me, but I will be purging the world of evil impurity by having your demon spawn head slain, then killing all of your kind in your state." He added gruffly.

That was it. The sun had set just moments before, and he removed from his face his mask of steel. Then he moved, fast, faster than a mortal's eyes could follow, and instantly the two guards who'd come with him no longer had heads, and their headless bodies flopped off their horses.

"If you think a hunter is all it takes to kill me you are sorely mistaken." He approached the mounted man, no insults now, just death.

If he wasn't smart enough to spur his horse to run then and there the horse's front legs would be cut off, sending the fat man to the ground, where he'd find a sword pointed at him.

Of course, he hadn't forgotten about the aforementioned hunter, and he'd react in whatever way was necessary, after all, the man's arrogance exposed the threat, and thus blunting the knife's edge so to speak.

Lord Derren kicked his horse into motion as he stepped away from the blood thirsty beast. He cackled, "YES!! YES!! SHOW US ALL THE MONSTER YOU ARE, THE MURDERER, THE COLD-BLOODED KILLER!!" The lord gained sick enjoyment as the hunter he'd hired jumped out of the bush and barreled into the vampire. The goal of the hunter was to kill the vampire, after all thats what they did best. Yet for Lord Derren it was merely a distraction to look for his wife. The slayer immediately started throwing punch after punch to Conrad's now exposed face, it was a mystery to Derren how the slayers gained the strength to be a worthy opponant to a vampire but they had it and that was all that mattered.

Palmyra heard horses crying and rustles. Next her husband saying murderer, so Conrad had killed. Death had been shared over her. Enough. Palm left the portrait on the carriage seat behind her as she got out of her hidey hole. She left the carriage, "Enough." was all she said sadly as she resisited the urge to vomit at the sight of the slain guards. Palmyra gagged inbetween her words. "No more death over me, just take me." She said to her husband and to Conrad.

• Devil
Lord Derren kicked his horse into motion as he stepped away from the blood thirsty beast. He cackled, "YES!! YES!! SHOW US ALL THE MONSTER YOU ARE, THE MURDERER, THE COLD-BLOODED KILLER!!" The lord gained sick enjoyment as the hunter he'd hired jumped out of the bush and barreled into the vampire. The goal of the hunter was to kill the vampire, after all thats what they did best. Yet for Lord Derren it was merely a distraction to look for his wife. The slayer immediately started throwing punch after punch to Conrad's now exposed face, it was a mystery to Derren how the slayers gained the strength to be a worthy opponant to a vampire but they had it and that was all that mattered.

Pathetic. The hunter's cover had already been blown, and if he wasn't using any weapons, it would be his end near instantly. Unless he took the fight seriously, there would be the sound of bones cracking while his head was twisted too far to the right. Leaving only Derren aliv
Palmyra heard horses crying and rustles. Next her husband saying murderer, so Conrad had killed. Death had been shared over her. Enough. Palm left the portrait on the carriage seat behind her as she got out of her hidey hole. She left the carriage, "Enough." was all she said sadly as she resisited the urge to vomit at the sight of the slain guards. Palmyra gagged inbetween her words. "No more death over me, just take me." She said to her husband and to Conrad.

"This isn't only about you child. This man has insulted the honor of me and my family. He will die for it, whether or not you choose to go with him." His eyes were focused solely on the fat man on the horse, the dead hunter limp on the ground. He kept his ears open though, who knew if a second was around.

He began to advance on the mounted man, he'd run, or he'd die.

(I think for more purpose in the thread Palm will have to be taken by Derren. Gives Syvis and Conrad a mission.)

She was angry. Palm didn’t know why she was angry but she was. There was no use for this killing, this murder, insults are recoverable but loss of life was not. Yet she stayed quiet and hopped upon the back of Derrens horse. “I appreciate your help.” Was all she said to Conrad as the clearly nervous Derren sped of fast.

• Devil
(I think for more purpose in the thread Palm will have to be taken by Derren. Gives Syvis and Conrad a mission.)

(Sure, I was thinking more of a defensive war thread but an offensive one works just as well.)

She was angry. Palm didn’t know why she was angry but she was. There was no use for this killing, this murder, insults are recoverable but loss of life was not. Yet she stayed quiet and hopped upon the back of Derrens horse. “I appreciate your help.” Was all she said to Conrad as the clearly nervous Derren sped of fast.

Oh this wasn't over. If not for his sister in law, for him and his wife's honour. He'd be back, he'd be back soon. His uncle could send some troops to hold down the city while they were gone. And regardless of what Palmyra wanted, people would die, anyone who defended this man, would die.

He put his mask and hood back on, and freed one of the horses, he was on a timetable. He'd return to his home a week later, and inform Syvis about what had happened.

• Sip
Syvis heard of Conrad's arrival through a very exhausted squire, who'd taken it upon himself to attempt to outrun her husband on horseback. His only saving grace was that Conrad had to ride through the streets and the squire could run about the walls.

She was puzzled, why was he home so early? Where was his carriage, nonetheless she ran to their foyer to greet him in her usual manner. Syvis could ask her questions later.

• Bless
Syvis heard of Conrad's arrival through a very exhausted squire, who'd taken it upon himself to attempt to outrun her husband on horseback. His only saving grace was that Conrad had to ride through the streets and the squire could run about the walls.

She was puzzled, why was he home so early? Where was his carriage, nonetheless she ran to their foyer to greet him in her usual manner. Syvis could ask her questions later.

He got there just as Syvis did. She'd see a dour expression on his face, and fury in his eyes. It brightened when he saw her, and he gave her a tight hug, maybe a tad tighter than normal but nowhere near enough to hurt her.

"It's good to see you again Kitten." He said, bringing up the old nickname he'd given her a while back. "I hope you have been well.

• Cheer
Reactions: Syvis
Uh oh. He looked mad, very mad. She leaned into his hug, and kissed his shoulder. „Hello handsome.“ she responded, he hadn’t called her kitten in awhile. With her arms still wrapped around him she asked „what’s happened my love?“

• Cthulhoo rage