Private Tales Extended family

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
She nodded. “Thank you good sir.”

“She has had quite the life it seems.” She said with a smile, although the vampire across from her would only see her eyes crinkle.

“I am a healer, trained to commune with the goddess and use her powers for good. That is all I’ve ever wanted, I make clinics in battlefields yet soon I have to run and they’re destroyed.” She said truthfully, there was no sorrow in her voice. All Palm was, was calm. She was not monotone nor boring just serene. People took their lives too seriously while not taking them seriously enough.

• Sip
Reactions: Conrad
She nodded. “Thank you good sir.”

“She has had quite the life it seems.” She said with a smile, although the vampire across from her would only see her eyes crinkle.

“I am a healer, trained to commune with the goddess and use her powers for good. That is all I’ve ever wanted, I make clinics in battlefields yet soon I have to run and they’re destroyed.” She said truthfully, there was no sorrow in her voice. All Palm was, was calm. She was not monotone nor boring just serene. People took their lives too seriously while not taking them seriously enough.

He chuckled. "That she has. Say, how much do I need to worry about your Master catching up with us? Do we need to move faster or is this pace sufficient?"

"I've never been too involved with gods, they being holy don't usually like vampires. So I stay away from them."

• Nervous
Reactions: Palmyra Creze
With the mention of master Palm let out a low growl. “I regret to inform you that, that man is not my master. In the future I ask of you not to refer to him as such.” Her voice was light and polite still yet there was an undertone of hostility.

“He won’t catch up with us, he will catch up to you within a day or so but you haven’t seen me. I ran off.” She said simply throwing a Ruby at the vampire across from her. “I’ve no use for it and I’ve heard that’s a way to ensure silence.”

“Is Syvis... one of them..” she asked meekly referring to a vampirism.

With the mention of master Palm let out a low growl. “I regret to inform you that, that man is not my master. In the future I ask of you not to refer to him as such.” Her voice was light and polite still yet there was an undertone of hostility.

"He owns you does he not?" He said with a cocked eyebrow. "You may not like it, and I may be helping you escape. But your arrangement with him makes him your master."

“He won’t catch up with us, he will catch up to you within a day or so but you haven’t seen me. I ran off.” She said simply throwing a Ruby at the vampire across from her. “I’ve no use for it and I’ve heard that’s a way to ensure silence.”

He simply tossed the ruby back to her. No need to buy his silence. "Well then we aught to be ready for when he does."

“Is Syvis... one of them..” she asked meekly referring to a vampirism.

"No, not yet. She's decided that she will, but she's nervous, so she's holding away from it for a while."

• Popcorn
"You're just like him." she murmured looking out the window.

"I do not fight." She said simply refusing to look at him. If she had her way she'd run off the world, and he'd never find her again.

"Good." Palm said sternly. She didn't judge the vampire across from her but Palm couldn't understand how one could come to love a beast.

"You're just like him." she murmured looking out the window.

"If that were the case, I'd just March you right back to him."

"I do not fight." She said simply refusing to look at him. If she had her way she'd run off the world, and he'd never find her again.

"I do."

"Good." Palm said sternly. She didn't judge the vampire across from her but Palm couldn't understand how one could come to love a beast.

"I'll try Not to be offended by that.

She giggled. "Yes. That is true."

"I am aware of that. You broke my table." Palm mused, she wasn't upset it was simply fact.

"I apologize ser." Was all she said, she meant it. Palmyra didn't mean to offend it was never her intention.

"I apologize ser." Was all she said, she meant it. Palmyra didn't mean to offend it was never her intention.

He sighed, "it's fine. I know that you meant no insult. But where we're headed, there is a mix of mortal and vampiric people. We have a system to protect both in place, and it's allowed them to live together. So you'll be seeing a lot of vampires when we finally get there."

• Popcorn
She burrowed her green eyes into him once again, as if searching for things he could not see. "Was it hard for you?" she asked sweetly and gently. "It couldn't have been easy." she added in a kind tone.

She looked down before looking up again. "I am afraid to tell you, I do not know how your wife will react to me." Palm's accent thickened as her drowsiness increased.

She burrowed her green eyes into him once again, as if searching for things he could not see. "Was it hard for you?" she asked sweetly and gently. "It couldn't have been easy." she added in a kind tone.

She looked down before looking up again. "I am afraid to tell you, I do not know how your wife will react to me." Palm's accent thickened as her drowsiness increased.

"It wasn't me. It was my father, I simply keep it together. He built it."

"Well I suspect she'll be happy to meet someone. She's generally friendly, though very territorial, just don't ruffle her feathers and you two will be fast friends I'm sure."

"You're not my type" she added with a chuckle attempting to make a joke.

"All in due time." she said indifferently. "All in due time."

"You're not my type" she added with a chuckle attempting to make a joke.

"All in due time." she said indifferently. "All in due time."

"Oh it doesn't matter. She kills anyone who looks at me wrong." He said in all seriousness. "Hughes, in due time. Why can't you tell me why you want to see her?"

She cringed. Her sister killed? Had commited murder? It seemed everything she'd imagined of her sister was different. You know what they said about getting your hopes up. She let out a nervous chuckle before answering his question. "She's my sister." was all she offered up, she was unaware of how much he knew of Syvis' life. Most girls don't flaunt that they're born out of wedlock, at least that's what Palmyra assumed had happened.

• Wonder
She cringed. Her sister killed? Had commited murder? It seemed everything she'd imagined of her sister was different. You know what they said about getting your hopes up. She let out a nervous chuckle before answering his question. "She's my sister." was all she offered up, she was unaware of how much he knew of Syvis' life. Most girls don't flaunt that they're born out of wedlock, at least that's what Palmyra assumed had happened.

"Not possible. Her father is an elven lord. She was born of a tavern whore from what I remember. And dropped off at his estate. I suppose it's possible but how likely is it?"

• Yay
Palmyra cringed at the words ‚tavern whore‘. Despite the coldness her mother treated her with, the woman was still her mother. Palm sighed and reached into the folds of her linens, she pulled out a crinkled and old portrait of Dayana. There was a airy scrawl written on the back of it saying Syvis and underneath it a different writing stating Dayana. She handed it over to the man across from her.

„Is this your wife?“ she asked simply. Allowing him time to mull over the information she‘d just given him. „I do believe the first scrawl is from whoever raised her, do you recognize it?“

„Is this your wife?“ she asked simply. Allowing him time to mull over the information she‘d just given him. „I do believe the first scrawl is from whoever raised her, do you recognize it?“

He took a look at the ordered drawing and he looked at it astonished. "Yes, that's her. Down to the last detail. Where did you get this from?"

Her claim of being Syvis's sister started to sound a little more likely now. He wondered how Syvis would react to this news.

• Bless
„My mother’s drawer.“ she exhaled through her nose. „I stole it the night she sold me.“ it was hard facing this, harder then Palm had expected. All of life had been harder then Palm expected, it seemed no one cared for the good. They simply just took advantage of them.

„I lived alone. From a babe to sixteen. They locked me in a room above the tavern because I was not the babe they‘d lost. I spent my whole life being told how I was never going to be Dayana, the child you know as Syvis.“ Palmyra teared up. „She was supposed to be dead, it would have made their behaviours justified; but she wasn’t— isn’t dead. She’s as alive as you and I.“ burbling a little she recovered. „I have spent a whole life trying to live up to your wife, to no avail.“

„My mother’s drawer.“ she exhaled through her nose. „I stole it the night she sold me.“ it was hard facing this, harder then Palm had expected. All of life had been harder then Palm expected, it seemed no one cared for the good. They simply just took advantage of them.

„I lived alone. From a babe to sixteen. They locked me in a room above the tavern because I was not the babe they‘d lost. I spent my whole life being told how I was never going to be Dayana, the child you know as Syvis.“ Palmyra teared up. „She was supposed to be dead, it would have made their behaviours justified; but she wasn’t— isn’t dead. She’s as alive as you and I.“ burbling a little she recovered. „I have spent a whole life trying to live up to your wife, to no avail.“

He looked at her with sympathy. He didn't know parents who didn't love him. His father was distant because he thought he was protecting him by staying away. A fault but done out of love. His mother and stepmothers raised him, and he never once felt unloved. So he couldn't say that he knew how she felt.

He put a hand on her shoulder. "It has nothing to do with you being less than her. She's my wife so I hold her above most others of course, but you shouldn't have had to live up to her. The simple fact is your parents didn't love you enough. That's on them, not you."

The truth was hard. She swallowed and nodded. "Yes." Was all she had to say, "Did she have a good life?" Palmyra asked him.

• Sip
The truth was hard. She swallowed and nodded. "Yes." Was all she had to say, "Did she have a good life?" Palmyra asked him.

He sighed. "I wouldn't say that. Her father wasn't exactly the nicest, nor the most sound of mind. So her childhood could most definitely have been easier."

• Yay
Palmyra chortled at that before lifting a hand above the wrap that covered her face. “I apologize, I just find it funny. Mirim spent her whole life believing she’d done something good—“ Palm’s laughing interrupted her again as she howled. “— but she really just fucked over the kid she claimed to love so much.” Gaining composure she slowed her laughing down letting out little chuckles and giggles.

“I do apologize for my cussing, it’s not something I typically do.” She said with a happy sigh.

• Devil
Palmyra chortled at that before lifting a hand above the wrap that covered her face. “I apologize, I just find it funny. Mirim spent her whole life believing she’d done something good—“ Palm’s laughing interrupted her again as she howled. “— but she really just fucked over the kid she claimed to love so much.” Gaining composure she slowed her laughing down letting out little chuckles and giggles.

“I do apologize for my cussing, it’s not something I typically do.” She said with a happy sigh.

"I'm not bothered by foul language." he said simply. "It is a tad Ironic though. But I don't think her life has been as hard as yours though. Things have calmed down for her now."

He smiled at her, "It is pretty funny though."

“Your life is what you make of it.” Palmyra said happily. It was no secret that a childhood like that was hard, that her forced servitude was hard but there was so many good things that came out of it.

• Bless
“Your life is what you make of it.” Palmyra said happily. It was no secret that a childhood like that was hard, that her forced servitude was hard but there was so many good things that came out of it.

"Well said." Came his commentary. "Your wisdom amazes me."

He himself wasn't a very philosophical man. He had morals and he stuck to them, but he wasn't a philosopher. He focused almost entirely on today and tomorrow, not the reasons a lot of people have to race.

With that she giggled. "My wisdom?" she asked with a smile. "While I thank you for the compliment, but is far from necessary. We are family if you'll have me." Palmyra said reassuring him.

She crossed her tanned hands delicately over her lap. She looked about and said a mild "excuse me." before drawing the shades over the windows. Once they were closed she took off her linen wrap and folded it neatly beside her. This being the vampire across from hers first time truly seeing her face she let out a warm smile. She outstretched a hand, "I may be a little late to restart introductions, regardless I am Palmyra Creze. The successful student of the famed healer woman of Maraan." Her curled dark hair bounced as she spoke.