Private Tales Extended family

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Conrad

Character Biography
Link
Conrad and his wife Syvis had been married for several months by now. His father had fully abdicated to live elsewhere with his wives, and that left Conrad as the head of the family, and as the new lord of his father's lands. So he had to make sure that things were properly taken care of, the inner workings of the region were dull to deal with but his nights with Syvis were more than enough to make up for it. But inner workings weren't the only thing to deal with, so he was off on a long trip to make as many deals as he could with the surrounding regional lords, foreign affairs would be the work of the month. Of course, he'd left his wife with her tease-toy on.

Now he was going into another town, and decided to get a room at a local inn before going to the lord in the morning. So he went in, and got a room. He'd be there for a few days.

(Palmyra Creze)

• Wonder
Reactions: Palmyra Creze
Palmyra had been here; her ,home‘ for a new found total of three months. Chained here in delicate golds and silvers, her bonds ornate and beautiful in a sick way. Sadly it seemed the more she ran and was captured the less gold chains were draped around her and more silver was added. She questioned if her ,husband‘ just dull or enjoyed the thrill of chase.

She cringed as she remembered the night she’d been dragged in by the lord‘s brutes and his whispers that hissed in her ears like a puff adder remained as a constant reminder „Remember lotus no matter how fast, how far, and no matter who helps you I will kill them all for you are mine. Always mine.“ it was heart breaking as for once she’d gotten a tip on a elf matching Dayana— Syvis‘ description. She was at a banquette dinner with a vampire it seemed. Goddess above her sister seemed to have an amazing life, vampires, banquettes, one day she‘d find Dayana and enjoy life herself.

There was a scrape and a clunk that broke her out of her day dream. She sat up on her bed and stared about the chamber in which was her new found prison. It‘s „exotic“ decor was reminiscent of the rich men‘s houses back in her true home. It was made to make her adjust comfortably.

The stout and chubbier man she’d been sold off to wandered in. He spoke of a man coming to visit, another lord and how Palm was to be on her best behaviour. A dutiful servant he meant, to display his lordly power. She could not sire his heir as his „common lady“ so that’s all she was; a glorified servant. Confined to this room and used as a prop to display his power. Palm nodded like a good girl did and laid down in preparation for a night of humiliation.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Conrad
He was scheduled to meet over dinner, once the sun had set, that way he had nothing to fear from the sun while visiting and didn't need to wear his hood and mask. That would raise far too many questions. As unfulfilling and dull mortal food was, it was something he didn't have any real problem with consuming if it meant his nature was kept a secret.

He made a meal of one of the barmaids, who was more than happy to let him drink from her after the first bite. But true to Syvis, he didn't do more than feed. The woman would likely say different if asked, probably thinking that they'd had intercourse, but in truth she never lost her clothes.

The sun was nearing the horizon when he got himself ready to meet with the local lord. He wore his black longcoat of leather, and at his hip was his longsword. His hair was pulled back over his shoulders but fell free neatly. Syvis had suggested cutting it, and he was considering it, but he had to leave on this trip for foreign affairs before anything could actually be done.

So he mounted his horse, a formality really, and rode his way up to the lord's castle (Manor?) and doubtless the guards would alert the lord to the pale-faced man clad in black with wine-red eyes that glowed. He told the guards his purpose, and once he was confirmed he was let in. It was time he met with the lord.

• Cthuulove
Palmyra had already been freed for an hour in advance for the lordly visit. Only two gold chains kept her to the wall, easily enough to break. They let her into the kitchen and from there a Slave would help her escape. Until then she laid out the wine and bread and assumed her kneel on a satin pillow by the head of the table.

Like always he made her dress as if she was a conman street dancer, fine fabrics covering get green eyes laid thick with kohl. He had decorated her in simple jewels and the silk slippers were the best part. There she knelt as she waited for the other lord. Her husband would be down in a 15 minute measure after the lord entered. Another power display Palm had learned.

• Devil
Palmyra had already been freed for an hour in advance for the lordly visit. Only two gold chains kept her to the wall, easily enough to break. They let her into the kitchen and from there a Slave would help her escape. Until then she laid out the wine and bread and assumed her kneel on a satin pillow by the head of the table.

Like always he made her dress as if she was a conman street dancer, fine fabrics covering get green eyes laid thick with kohl. He had decorated her in simple jewels and the silk slippers were the best part. There she knelt as she waited for the other lord. Her husband would be down in a 15 minute measure after the lord entered. Another power display Palm had learned.

Palmyra would see the giant of a man walk in, back straight, shoulders back and head held high. His size dwarfing almost all of the guardsmen present. Only one or two were of semi-comparable height. His gaze landed on the woman at the other end of the table, and he noticed the golden chains on her wrists. A slave perhaps? Maybe a concubine?

He didn't see the noble he was supposed to meet just yet so he decided to have a conversation with the woman. He gave her a polite bow at the waist and said, "Greetings miss. I am Conrad Kinniger of the Spine, might I inquire your name?"

• Wonder
Palmyra noticed the large man enter. It looked as if he could over throw their whole manner himself.

He spoke to her and she smiled after sending his aura. He was a good man, though his soul was a matter of debate. Vampire. Her smile reached her eyes as she spoke in a sweet and gentle tone, her accent thick „Hello, Conrad, Kinniger of the Spine, I am Palmyra Common Lady of the Manor.“ she choked on her words a bit. She hated the title, she hated this place full of useless material objects. She’d be content in a tent in the desert. The only advantage was this place was how much her common tongue had progressed.

She made to stand up. „May I pour you a drink? We’ve some wine from your..“ she stumbled on the words „home.“

• Bless
„Hello, Conrad, Kinniger of the Spine, I am Palmyra Common Lady of the Manor.“ she choked on her words a bit.

He heard her reluctance to say the words. And he knew instantly that this was an arranged deal that basically put her at her husbands mercy. She was a lady of the manor, but she was, quite clearly, a slave too. But he didn't let his realization of this reach his face, "It's a privilege to meet you Lady Palmyra."

She made to stand up. „May I pour you a drink? We’ve some wine from your..“ she stumbled on the words „home.“

"No, no thank you, I prefer to avoid alcohol so early in the evening." He says as though to reassuringly dismiss the offer. "Tell me, where is your husband? It's quite rude to keep their guests waiting. Someone might take offence."

It was a subtle threat, but coupled with his size and armament it would be clear that he meant business.

She nodded. "I prefer to avoid it entirely." she said with a kind smile.

"Pruning." she said snarkily before panic reached her eyes and she coughed. Staring at him as in begging him not to mention her slip up. A hand slid up to her mouth before she continued in a calm voice. "Lord Derren will be down momentarily, ser." she said bowing her head in servitude.

• Dab
She nodded. "I prefer to avoid it entirely." she said with a kind smile.

"Not a bad philosophy." He comments.

"Pruning." she said snarkily before panic reached her eyes and she coughed. Staring at him as in begging him not to mention her slip up. A hand slid up to her mouth before she continued in a calm voice. "Lord Derren will be down momentarily, ser." she said bowing her head in servitude.

That earned a laugh from him, and he smiled at her and said, "it doesn't surprise me. I can honestly that's typical of nobles."

• Sip
The laugh surprised her and her panic subsided. Her eyes noticed the gold band on his finger. “Do you miss her?”

She looked about and lowered her voice. “I may get you some proper.. sustenance if you so require.” Palm was hinting about blood. Her being a healer allowed her some perks. Plus in a metal goblet one couldn’t tell a difference.

“Will the silver bother you?” She asked genuinely concerned. All things she could fix before her lord came down.

• Bless
The laugh surprised her and her panic subsided. Her eyes noticed the gold band on his finger. “Do you miss her?”

He followed her gaze and smiled fondly while he rubbed the ring with his other hands fingers. "Yes. But I'll see her again soon. This is my last stop before heading back."

She looked about and lowered her voice. “I may get you some proper.. sustenance if you so require.” Palm was hinting about blood. Her being a healer allowed her some perks. Plus in a metal goblet one couldn’t tell a difference.

“Will the silver bother you?” She asked genuinely concerned. All things she could fix before her lord came down.

"No, no it's fine, I had a meal before coming over. But yes the silver would be a bit of a problem." He tells her. "If you have one of lead or copper it would be better."

• Yay
She smiled warmly at him. It seemed he really loved his wife. Not a bad thing at all.

“We’ve wood. I don’t like lead in the house.” She said simply as her chains rattled behind her steps to the kitchen to give him some proper utensils.

As she returned with the wooden utensils she heard her husband’s steps. Her face fell and she landed kneeling on the pillow beside his chair once again.

Lord Derren entered his dining room in rich fabrics. His balding head gleaming in the dim candle light. He smiled gleefully and patted the large mans bicep. “My good lad! To what do we owe the pleasures?!?” He asked ecstatic before sitting down in his chair avoiding a hand shake or any form of proper greeting. He set a hand on Palm’s head as arm rest. “Isn’t she a pretty thing my little lotus.” He patted her cheek in small slaps. In a barbaric tone he said “she looks like she’d be a good fuck too. Stand up bitch.” He ordered and Palm did as she was told silently.

He wanted a power display. She knew what would be ordered of her next. “Dance.” He ordered with a dry laugh, spittle flying across the room. Palmyra’s midriff wiggled as she belly danced behind the chair with jingles and rattles.

“Her parents sold her for cheap. Had to save their precious little tavern likely didn’t want her anyways. Picked her up in Maraan made her my wife I did. She’s common though. Need to knock up a noble woman, maybe I can locate that elven bitch the blonde one Sylvia I think, the fancy prostitute.” He explained banging on the table. “Where in gods name is my sup!?” He growled like a child.

“Ah not Sylvia I do believe it’s Syvis haven’t seen her at an event in awhile though. Maybe someone else beat me to it” he said with a wink. “She was a sexy little thing.”

She smiled warmly at him. It seemed he really loved his wife. Not a bad thing at all.

“We’ve wood. I don’t like lead in the house.” She said simply as her chains rattled behind her steps to the kitchen to give him some proper utensils.

As she returned with the wooden utensils she heard her husband’s steps. Her face fell and she landed kneeling on the pillow beside his chair once again.

"Thank you kindly madam" he said with genuine thanks while she left to get the wooden tools.

Lord Derren entered his dining room in rich fabrics. His balding head gleaming in the dim candle light. He smiled gleefully and patted the large mans bicep. “My good lad! To what do we owe the pleasures?!?” He asked ecstatic before sitting down in his chair avoiding a hand shake or any form of proper greeting. He set a hand on Palm’s head as arm rest. “Isn’t she a pretty thing my little lotus.” He patted her cheek in small slaps. In a barbaric tone he said “she looks like she’d be a good fuck too. Stand up bitch.” He ordered and Palm did as she was told silently.

He wanted a power display. She knew what would be ordered of her next. “Dance.” He ordered with a dry laugh, spittle flying across the room. Palmyra’s midriff wiggled as she belly danced behind the chair with jingles and rattles.

“Her parents sold her for cheap. Had to save their precious little tavern likely didn’t want her anyways. Picked her up in Maraan made her my wife I did. She’s common though. Need to knock up a noble woman, maybe I can locate that elven bitch the blonde one Sylvia I think, the fancy prostitute.” He explained banging on the table. “Where in gods name is my sup!?” He growled like a child.

“Ah not Sylvia I do believe it’s Syvis haven’t seen her at an event in awhile though. Maybe someone else beat me to it” he said with a wink. “She was a sexy little thing.”

Conrad instantly didn't much care for the man. Sure he and his wife had some petplay and some less than orthodox fun but that was kept private.

But it was when he mentioned a name, Sylvia that he really started to not like him. But even then it was because of his clear attitude towards his wife.

Then he corrected himself, and at Syvis's name, and the man's attitude Conrad ripped the arm off his chair and stood up with a look of pure death on his face, his eye glowing with anger.

"I hope for your sake that we are thinking of different women when you say that name."

• Yay
Palmyra jumped at the chair ripping. A distraction. She could run. She could escape.

The lord Derren smirked. „What? She take your for a ride and get you whipped. I heard she was good, but that good?“ he cackled in what he viewed as good fun. He clearly hadn’t clued in that Syvis was not a prostitute nor the fact that Syvis was Conrad‘s wife.

Palmyra needed to step in. He was going to get himself killed and she did not condone death. She was the enemy of death. She was a healer. Draping an arm around her husbands chest she flashed her eyes at Conrad. Her gaze saying „don’t do it.“

Syvis. Dayana. She had questions. Many questions for the strange dark man.

• Devil
Palmyra jumped at the chair ripping. A distraction. She could run. She could escape.

The lord Derren smirked. „What? She take your for a ride and get you whipped. I heard she was good, but that good?“ he cackled in what he viewed as good fun. He clearly hadn’t clued in that Syvis was not a prostitute nor the fact that Syvis was Conrad‘s wife.

Palmyra needed to step in. He was going to get himself killed and she did not condone death. She was the enemy of death. She was a healer. Draping an arm around her husbands chest she flashed her eyes at Conrad. Her gaze saying „don’t do it.“

Syvis. Dayana. She had questions. Many questions for the strange dark man.

With those words he simply ripped the table in half, each half falling out to open a straight path to the noble.

"On the contrary, pig, she's my wife." He said about to start towards the man. But then Palmyra stepped in and said, quite clearly, don't kill him.

So he took a breath and said. "It seems we will not be able to negotiate anything. Do not set foot on my land, and do not come looking for Syvis, or I will rip your limbs off myself."

And with that he strode out, nearly throwing the doors off their hinges as he left

Palmyra looked deeply afraid as he snapped their oak table. She'd never seen such raw power in her semi-sheltered life. It looked as if his wraith might turn on her lord and that scared her more.

Alas he took a breath and was off. He couldn't leave. "I'll find some staff to clean." she said urgently as she dodged large slivers of wood to get to the kitchen. Escape was imperative. Gold, a soft metal, a fools metal was easy to rip apart. She wrapped her chain around the metal leg of a counter and chaffed her wrists while ripping the chains apart. Freedom.

She threw on her linen wraps that a friend had placed for her and stole off into the night jumping through a bottom window and chasing after the carriage that took the now angered lord. She wrapped her face off and ripped off her dangles. As much as the jewels disgusted her, she could sell them. Coin was the most important thing to the men that ran the world.

Waiting for him to enter the carriage she hid. She'd catch the back of his carriage.

• Popcorn
Palmyra looked deeply afraid as he snapped their oak table. She'd never seen such raw power in her semi-sheltered life. It looked as if his wraith might turn on her lord and that scared her more.

Alas he took a breath and was off. He couldn't leave. "I'll find some staff to clean." she said urgently as she dodged large slivers of wood to get to the kitchen. Escape was imperative. Gold, a soft metal, a fools metal was easy to rip apart. She wrapped her chain around the metal leg of a counter and chaffed her wrists while ripping the chains apart. Freedom.

She threw on her linen wraps that a friend had placed for her and stole off into the night jumping through a bottom window and chasing after the carriage that took the now angered lord. She wrapped her face off and ripped off her dangles. As much as the jewels disgusted her, she could sell them. Coin was the most important thing to the men that ran the world.

Waiting for him to enter the carriage she hid. She'd catch the back of his carriage.

He only used a wagon for when it was daytime, but it had also been a largely a formal event so he used the carriage, a black one. Everything he had was black, save his sword and his armor. Which could potentially be problematic for her if she were to try hiding against it, but the other option was on top.

• Sip
Wrapped in her yellow linen wrap with only her eyes showing she ran after the carriage, lightly landing on the rear end. Letting out a breath she flattened herself against the back wall.

Escape was her biggest priority as was finding her sister. She wound up her remaining chain in her hand for fear of her chain getting caught in the wheel. She let out a breath and repressed the urge to howl in joy.

Her loose linen dress from her days in the desert covered her demeaning clothes, holding one hand to the carriage she ripped off the clothes and threw them after her, she stared at the satin slippers, took them off spat on them and chucked them back towards the house.

"I'm free." she said happily as whatever hair that was out of her head wrap whipped around at her face.

• Bless
Wrapped in her yellow linen wrap with only her eyes showing she ran after the carriage, lightly landing on the rear end. Letting out a breath she flattened herself against the back wall.

Escape was her biggest priority as was finding her sister. She wound up her remaining chain in her hand for fear of her chain getting caught in the wheel. She let out a breath and repressed the urge to howl in joy.

Her loose linen dress from her days in the desert covered her demeaning clothes, holding one hand to the carriage she ripped off the clothes and threw them after her, she stared at the satin slippers, took them off spat on them and chucked them back towards the house.

"I'm free." she said happily as whatever hair that was out of her head wrap whipped around at her face.

He wouldn't notice her there until the carriage stopped. In a village a good long ways from the manor. He'd step out, having driven the carriage from the inside via viewport and a slot for the reigns. And upon stepping out he spied the yellow clad woman and asked. "What are you doing?"

• Thoughtful
"Awe newts." she sighed having been detected.

"You were my escape. I've done it 8 times before that is why he chains me. I do not wish to be there, all I wish for is the simple life." Palm explained distraught, "Please, I beg of you, do not take me back. I am a healer and traditional medicine woman. I have use. I have purpose." She pleaded, praying to her goddess.

• Cry
"Awe newts." she sighed having been detected.

"You were my escape. I've done it 8 times before that is why he chains me. I do not wish to be there, all I wish for is the simple life." Palm explained distraught, "Please, I beg of you, do not take me back. I am a healer and traditional medicine woman. I have use. I have purpose." She pleaded, praying to her goddess.

He sighed. "Well, it's not like I don't have some questions. Hop in. I was planning on stopping here but it's likely best if we keep moving. I have a few questions. First of all, how do you know my wife?"

• Yay
She nodded and patted his cheek. “Goddess be with you.” And she got in.

“I do not know your wife.” She said plainly yet with a twinge of comfort. Palm was often described as having a very calming effect.

“I know of your wife. If we think of the same person. Yet I know your wife in a light she doesn’t even know herself, I know your wife by a different name.” She said in a way that the medicine woman who taught her used to speak; airy and prophetic.

• Popcorn
She nodded and patted his cheek. “Goddess be with you.” And she got in.

“I do not know your wife.” She said plainly yet with a twinge of comfort. Palm was often described as having a very calming effect.

“I know of your wife. If we think of the same person. Yet I know your wife in a light she doesn’t even know herself, I know your wife by a different name.” She said in a way that the medicine woman who taught her used to speak; airy and prophetic.

"Speak plainly. I will help you but my patience is dangerously low." He tells her.

"What do you know? And why is she of interest to that pig?"

• Sip
Palmyra took a deep breath. “I apologize but I do not speak your tongue in the ways you do.” She exhaled through her nose before smiling calmly.

“The things I know are for Syvis alone. I do not know what the Lord Derren wills, I am a mere slave in my own way. She was a date for hire, from what I understand a great beauty, there are many things men want from beautiful women. I have read your deepest depths Conrad of the Spine, and I know you are no fool. So why must you act as much?” She inquired.

“You cannot steal a star from the night sky and expect those who wished upon it not to question where their star went.” She wrapped her face up more so only her eyes showed. “I will find my way to Syvis with or without your help, you needn’t take me but do not be surprised when I follow you.”

• Devil
Palmyra took a deep breath. “I apologize but I do not speak your tongue in the ways you do.” She exhaled through her nose before smiling calmly.

“The things I know are for Syvis alone. I do not know what the Lord Derren wills, I am a mere slave in my own way. She was a date for hire, from what I understand a great beauty, there are many things men want from beautiful women. I have read your deepest depths Conrad of the Spine, and I know you are no fool. So why must you act as much?” She inquired.

“You cannot steal a star from the night sky and expect those who wished upon it not to question where their star went.” She wrapped her face up more so only her eyes showed. “I will find my way to Syvis with or without your help, you needn’t take me but do not be surprised when I follow you.”

He sighed. "I told you I'd help you, so I will help you."

"She was, a date for hire, but eventually we got ourselves in a supernatural prison, and from there we simply... fell for one another. She's back home right now, probably waiting for me to get back."

• Smug