Fable - Ask Drunken Mess

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
Liza lifted her head to look at the young man next to her. The fact that he hadn't pushed her away, and was instead trying to help her, was a very pleasant and welcome surprise. She rested her small frame on Zael's arm with a smile, grateful for the support, and turned her attention back to Delaney and Gaage.

This was short lived however, as Zael's voice drew her away again. "What? My blood? No way! I can't do that!" Liza whispered back angrily. How could Zael even suggest something so horrid? Liza had a reputation to uphold. Ever since her first day at the academy, she had gone out of her way to be a good student and stay out of trouble. She would be one of the last people somebody would expect to cause trouble, though her magic was likely very well suited for that sort of thing.

More importantly than any of that though, she couldn't stand seeing the others not getting along, and couldn't fathom doing something that would make the situation worse. "If you wanna cause trouble, leave me out of it!"

By the time Liza's attention returned to her other classmates, the conflict had been resolved. A small sigh of relief escaped her and her grip on Zael's arm loosened a bit. But Liza couldn't stop thinking about what Zael had said. What if she had decided to go along with his idea? What was the worst that could've possibly happened? It might even have been fun. She shook her head, trying to dislodge the malicious thoughts, but they still nagged at her from the back of her mind.

Last edited:
Had Kristen been more focused on the actual conflict between Delaney and Gaage, she would have been relieved when (so it appeared to her) Alistair got through to them and they did, indeed, calm down a little.

Of course, what captured her attention was Delaney. Well...Kristen...he isn't lying...

Kristen immediately turned as red as a tomato. She reached over to the proffered handkerchief from Alistair and accepted it, this in the slow manner of someone in the throe of mild, realizing shock. Then she attacked her face with the handkerchief, energetically scrubbing and wiping at her lips and her cheeks in quick, flustered motions.

"Oh my gosh! Delaney! I am so terribly sorry! In my irresponsibility and wanton ale consumption I, I, I may have indeed--" She saw the faint marks of lipstick staining the handkerchief and only fretted more, "Holy Aionus! I did force myself upon you! How could I have done something so scandalous! Oh dear! What shall I do?? So lacking seems a mere apology for this affront!"

And she kept on dabbing rapidly at her face with the handkerchief.

Alistair Krixus Delaney Lennox Gaage Eberwhit Liza Newcastle

As if summoned by Kristen's anxious outburst, the door to the Yuna Lager opened. A local courier with a stern, impassive face was there.

One glance around the trashed interior of the tavern, and of those who were clearly from out of town and currently awake and alert, told him all he needed.

"Dreadlord Initiates," said the courier. All business. "Your 'Proctor,' Proctor Penworth, has a message for you. Per a request from the wife of the mayor of Vel'Yuna, you are to..."

He clicked his tongue against his teeth, as if disgusted by all of this.

"...locate her husband. In his intoxicated stupor, he was last seen wandering into the woods south of Vel'Yuna. Good luck. That concludes this message from Proctor Penworth."

And with that, the courier turned promptly around and left.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Liza Newcastle
Little Liza. She had the same problem Chasmine and Kristen had: too nice. Which would have been fine outside the Academy. But they were here to forged into weapons of war. It was all about aggressiveness. Controlled, skilled aggressiveness, taking the fight to your enemies. And that's what Zael loved.

He rose to his full height again, smirking mischievously down to Liza. "You'll break bad sooner or later. And you'll feel great." He poked her lightly in the side. "Lemme know if you ever want to use your free period for sparrin."

No fight actually happened, Kristen was frazzled, and then in came that courier.

Heh. Proctor Penworth. That fucker was a slacker. A slick slacker, yeah, probably keen on being a Proctor because he thought it would be an easy job. No other Proctor looked the other way more than Penworth, simply because he didn't want to deal with hassles. Reason he didn't show up in person to give them all that message was probably because he had gotten blackout drunk too. Zael both disliked and admired him at the same time--his dedication to being a relative piece of shit was astonishing.

"A mission," Zael said out loud. Then he swept a thumb across his chin, plotting with a grin. "Maybe we can get some extra marks out of this."

Alistair Krixus Delaney Lennox Gaage Eberwhit Liza Newcastle

• Bless
Reactions: Liza Newcastle
Alistair watched all of the events of Delaney and Gaage with a slight look of relief. Primarily, because if those two actually did fight then they would have to explain to a Proctor why an entire tavern had collapsed.

He turned to Kristen and good only chuckle at her flustered actions before jokingly responding. "You just had a little fun while under the effects of-". He kicked a nearby keg as he walked to the area behind the bar, "A large amount of alcohol if I had to guess, so nothing to apologize for."

The courier caused Alistair to stand up a little bit straighter, not for any need to please or impress the messenger, but more for the anticipation of earning a few more accolades.

Alistair dug around behind the bar where he pulled out six cups and a keg of water. He began to pour drinks for everyone while looking around the room. "A little cold water for everyone can only help, right?"

Last edited:
Delaney decided to not punch Gaage in the face for is little sarcastic quip. He was lucky that he was hot and she would be slightly sad if he died. Just a little. She threw Gaage a look that promised later before she walked over to the stammering noble who was apologizing.

Delaney slowly pulled her friend into a hug and smiled. "I didn't mind, Kristen," she said softly as she released the girl and watched the courier come in.

She listened to their mission and sighed. They were going to look for a drunken man who had likely run off with a whore. Like drunk guys like to do. Delaney took a cup of water and took a long drink. She needed that shit bad.

There was commotion all about the tavern, the other initiates struggling to find their bearings and discern just what they'd done the previous night. Who cares? If they were worried they had compromised their morals or image, Gaage had news for them; they were Dreadlords. In the eyes of the world they were already condemned to damnation.

He didn't care what had happened when he'd been drinking, nor was he apologetic. when Delaney's eyes searched his, he saw that Lennox understood that just as well as he did. That's why he liked her, maybe a bit more than he was willing to let on. Of course, it helped that she didn't mind taking her clothes off around him, but that was neither here nor there.

She left him though, comforting the shivering Pirian like some foster parent. Gaage didn't understand Kristen and all her whining. She was skilled enough, Eberwhit thought if she'd just shut the fuck up and fight she'd be an incredible soldier. Fine, if she wanted to be weak she could. Gaage knew better than to say that; Delaney liked her, and he didn't need the shadow-girl pissed at him.

"How about we check the upstairs rooms? 10 silver says he's up there ploughing a maid right now."