Private Tales Drugs and Deceit

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"It is a pleasure then." His was a grip equally firm, if not slightly rougher than Móirne's. Diedrick continued the physical contact for a few moments longer before letting go of her hand, retrieving his own only to leave it resting on the chair's leathery frame. "Seldom do I run into interesting people these days, yet you seem like an auspicious bunch." Diedrick reached forward to grab a tankard of ale, not bothering to create eye contact with his co-works. The male was satisfied to find it filled with mead. Taking a whiff, he noted the liquid's sweet fragrance that could oh-so-easily intoxicate his dreamy mind. Bringing the keg to his mouth, Diedrick tipped it over, feeling its content spilling down his rapidly cooling throat. The alcohol left a familiar sensation of warmth in the pit of his gut, reminding him that mead, was in fact, not juice, regardless of its deceitful gustation.

"I have to admit, whoever remembered to cool the drinks must be a genius. Drinking warm beer is no better than ingesting piss if you ask me." Diedrick pocket his hand, rummaging in search of an adequate piece of cloth that could wipe his stained lips. Finally, he managed to produce a reusable napkin. The hazelnut-haired male smiled triumphantly, running the napkin's satiny contours around the edges of his mouth. Once finished, he returned the object to its original resting place.

"Sooo," began Diedrick, purposefully dragging out his opening vowels, "I have a hunch that everyone in this room has a talent, or several of, that would be usable during the heist." Diedrick's upper body crept forward, chin resting on the palms of his hands. Running his eyes over all of them, the male made it his priority to include everyone in his statement. He even considered Urchin's presence in the matter. The kid looked crafty enough to do more than just plan-making. "Hence why I am curious to know more. Both due to my ever-growing interest and the fact it'd be favorable to know the abilities of my partners in crime."

There was not a hint of dishonesty in his words, not even a trace. It was his eyes that betrayed Diedrick, glistering with childlike anticipation. "Please, tell me a bit about yourself."

Móirne
Urchin
Mute
alphabunny
Finnegan Argon
Samara Asenta

Samara nodded to Moirne before her eyes slid back to Finnegan. "It is. Some bottle it in until they explode. I won't." The Elven woman leaned forward so both of her hands could subtly adjust the way his jacket fell on his shoulders. "But I have slain many kinds of monsters; so never forget to treat beautiful company with the respect they deserve." It wasn't a threat so much as a confirmation that a female bounty hunter or assassin was just as deadly as a male one. Especially when they were a Vampire whose strength wasn't entirely dependent on just how thick her muscles were -- and they were far from flat already.

As for the business at hand, Samara regarded Rou when the younger woman replied. A slow nod followed. Then she looked over at Mute, however, and after a flick of the eyes toward Urchin raised a brow. When should the substance be introduced? Specifically, how likely was it the youth would try to get a 'sip' of the keg when someone wasn't looking? Whether Urchin was an important piece to the plan or not, an unconscious body whose well-being was vital to getting paid was a complication they could do better without. She could dose it now or just before the keg rolled out.

Then the late comer whose ease and charm seemed to win a few over already inquired about those he'd be working with. A repetitious topic, but not unwelcome. And it was something to talk about. "I am Samara. Queen of the Night." With a smile she briefly turned her gaze toward Finnegan in jest. "I can elude guards and enter places others cannot. I was once a mage until life conspired to strip me of my power; so I learned how to become one with shadows instead. A woman must have a means of survival, after all."

"Oh, Didi,"
Samara had been listening, "perhaps you and I could arm wrestle later?" A smile spread over her dark lips for a few seconds. "I am even stronger than I look."

Last edited:
Slowly her fingers slid down to her waist to gently squeeze a small bottle out of a concealed pocket in her jacket. Samara held it aloft between her thumb and index finger for a moment for people to view the violet fluid within. "They going to be needing this, Rou, or should I give this to you?"
Perfect. Mute had absolutely no idea what the purple concoction was, but he took Samara at her word that it would put any potential meddlers to sleep while they got the jobs done. Hopefully not causing any damage stronger than a mild headache in the morning. Mute had dealt some pretty harsh justice in his day, but he drew the line at dragging unsuspecting innocents into his messes.

Time to put her thought of teaching mute sign language into action, when she answered samara she made sure to look directly at Mute instead. "Add it to the ale," she spoke and signed slowly, looked to samara then back at mute. "We can give the keg just like that, better he doesn't know what exactly we are making use of."

Hmm. Well this was most certainly interesting. The sign language alone he could not understand, but whilst combining it with spoken word, he could pick it up over time. From what he gathered, the sign of the left open palm with the right open palm touching it meant 'add' or 'put'. The cupped hand making a drink gesture meant 'ale', and open palm extended in an offering way meant 'give'. These signs could all come in extremely useful in communicating with Rou, and he'd be sure to make an effort to remember him, going over some of the most important signs in his head so that he'd be sure not to forget them.

Fixing his eyes on Rou after she finished talking, he could only offer her a nod of gratitude as he did not yet know the sign for 'thank you', but he'd be sure to keep an eye out for it. He certainly owed the woman a great deal of gratitude for being once of the only people he'd ever met who'd made the effort to communicate with him after he lost his tongue.

While it was nice to see that the group was getting along, the clock was ticking, and while they had plenty of time before their little friends arrived, he wanted to make sure that all the other sailors were out for the count by the time they got there. Once the talk died down a bit, Mute put his hand firmly on Urchin's shoulder and pointed to the keg of ale, signalling that it was time to get started.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Móirne
"Add it to the ale," she spoke and signed slowly, looked to samara then back at mute. "We can give the keg just like that, better he doesn't know what exactly we are making use of."

"Awh, what's that yer doin'?" Urchin asked with interest. "That like a special language fer people what can't talk? Think ya can teach me some, Miss? Would be good ta be able ta understand what Mute says better so I ain't such a massive pain in 'is arse all the time." Yes, Mute would certainly be grateful if he could communicate with the little brat without having to make the same clearly obvious gesture a half dozen times until he got it right.

"I have to admit, whoever remembered to cool the drinks must be a genius. Drinking warm beer is no better than ingesting piss if you ask me."

"Agreed!" Urchin declared happily, although in his personal opinion, drinking beer in any form was like ingesting piss. He was more of a rum fan himself. Not that he'd turn his nose up at any alcoholic beverage that was offered him. Urchin was a teenager after all, and in his opinion, drinking alcohol was the single coolest thing that anyone could do, regardless of how it tasted.

"Sooo," began Diedrick, purposefully dragging out his opening vowels, "I have a hunch that everyone in this room has a talent, or several of, that would be usable during the heist."

"Oh sure," Urchin agreed easily. "I'm good at spyin' an' sneakin' an' causin' distractions an' shit. Also runnin' an' climbin', an' apparently comin' up with some real swell nicknames." He was sure that Beef Cake and Baby Cake could attest to that.

"I can elude guards and enter places others cannot. I was once a mage until life conspired to strip me of my power; so I learned how to become one with shadows instead. A woman must have a means of survival, after all."

"Ya what?" Urchin asked with piqued interest. "Ya mean ya used ta do magic but now ya can't? Damn, Miss, that sounds like a right shitty hand ta get dealt. Ain't no fair at all." Of course Urchin, who was absolutely fascinated with magic in all it's forms (but had no aptitude for it himself), could imagine no fate worse that being a talented mage and then losing all of your power. Poor Samara.

"Oh, Didi," Samara had been listening, "perhaps you and I could arm wrestle later?" A smile spread over her dark lips for a few seconds. "I am even stronger than I look."

"Oh, fer reals?" Urchin asked excitedly. "Let's see than Miss! 'Ows about everybody at the table pairs up fer arm wrestlin' an' then the winners play each other till we find out who's the strongest? ... Maybe I should sit this one out though. We got seven. Need an even number." Besides, Urchin wouldn't stand a chance in hell against any of them.

When Mute's hand fell on his shoulder though, the boy was quickly reminded that they weren't just here to have fun. There was actually a job to do. "Uh... On second thoughts, maybe wait till we get back an' do all the arm wrestlin' then. We should probably get started on gettin' all the punters their drinks." He suggested, getting up from his chair, ready to leave when the others were.

"perhaps you and I could arm wrestle later?" A smile spread over her dark lips for a few seconds. "I am even stronger than I look."
For some unbeknownst reason Finnegan felt a tang of jealousy, but pushed it to the side. Finn was never the jealous type and he was not about to start now....hopefully.

until life conspired to strip me of my power; so I learned how to become one with shadows instead. A woman must have a means of survival, after all."
A mage? Samara grew more interesting by the second, he just hoped she didn't plan on sucking him dry.

Finn turned now to Didi, answering his question. "Basically just hired muscle to put it nicely, majority of the time I go in, get information and as Urchin would say 'clonk a few heads' if needs be."

Rou rolled her eyes at Diedricks request, "well if you cannot tell by the bow and arrow right in front of me then I have to assume you are all muscle and very little brain." As she spoke she continued to sign, most of the signals she tapped lightly at her facial features and arms.

Rou could often come across as very catty when she spoke, this was due to her being absolutely blunt. Her words normally did not offend or irritate those with thick skin but the words that escaped from her mouth often left a shadow disgusting her true personality.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Móirne and Urchin
"Oh, Didi," Samara had been listening, "perhaps you and I could arm wrestle later?" A smile spread over her dark lips for a few seconds. "I am even stronger than I look."
"Hm? Arm wrestling?" Diedrick placed a finger to his chin as if in deep thought, only to sheepishly rub it but a few moments later. "I wouldn't mind," declared the male, "it's been a while since I indulged in a strength-oriented competition against a peer opponent." The prospect captured his interest. Samata looked bulky enough to put up a good fight, though he doubted her physical abilities exceeded his own. He then turned to Finnegan, brow arched high to emphasize Diedrick's ever-so-curious nature.
Finn turned now to Didi, answering his question. "Basically just hired muscle to put it nicely, majority of the time I go in, get information and as Urchin would say 'clonk a few heads' if needs be."
"I presume that you are proficient with a weapon of some kind? I'd personally peg you as a sidesword and dagger or a buckler kind of guy." Diedrick tilted his head to the side, eyes following in suit as he wandered off, pondering on the matter of Finnegan's affinity. "You remind me of someone," Diedrick's voice finally chided in, barely above a half-hearted whisper, "met a knight some years ago. Well, a knight might not be the right term to use. He was more of a duelist who used the knightly calling to boost his prestige." Something about the way he spoke seemed off. Almost as if Diedrick was struggling to conjure up the correct memory. Perhaps the knight he mentioned wasn't the most memorable person out there. "His name was Alain if I remember correctly. He must've killed several dozen men in arranged duels, and I, rightfully so, suspect that he used a kind of magic to augment his bodily prowess."

Rou rolled her eyes at Diedricks request, "well if you cannot tell by the bow and arrow right in front of me then I have to assume you are all muscle and very little brain." As she spoke she continued to sign, most of the signals she tapped lightly at her facial features and arms.

Rou could often come across as very catty when she spoke, this was due to her being absolutely blunt. Her words normally did not offend or irritate those with thick skin but the words that escaped from her mouth often left a shadow disgusting her true personality.
"Hahaha!" Diedrick's chortling laugh filled the room's bowels, jittering them into a more spirited atmosphere. "You might actually have a point there, Rou," answered the overwhelmingly muscular human, "my brain tends to hammer down when dealing with multiple people at once. That's why I asked about your abilities in the first place." Diedrick's gaze conspicuously moved to the table, noting that he was without a drink. The fact saddened him, but even he knew better than to get drunk during a drug heist. "I have a hard time remembering names, so I make little associations. I associate people based on their facial features, dress code, the kind of weapons they wear, anything really."

Diedrick's mind finally shifted back to the business plan, and the man acted accordingly, gazing at Urchin once more. "Anyways, shall we move out soon?" An idea crossed Diedrick's mind, and he couldn't help but voice it. "You mentioned distractions, correct? Moirne's assigned to that, but perhaps I can offer my expertise on the matter."

Urchin

Samara turned to regard Urchin, though there was just a little less warmth in the smile on her dark lips when he sought clarification. Dealt a shitty hand?

If anything I stacked you hand full of Aces, my Sweet.

There were words in Elvish or the Common parlance able to express the kind of hand she'd been dealt. Fiend had taken everything familiar away from Samara even after escaping Her clutches. All that was left was most of her autonomy, and a growing set of new skills to aid in her survival.

Diedrick then perked up as to the Elf's suggesting for amusement later. "A little entertainment between friends." The man certainly looked imposing enough, and there was something just a little off about him. Could he best her vampiric strength? It would be enlightening to find out either way.

Slowly Samara lifted her hand off Finnegan's shoulder as she stood from her seat. The bottle of violet substance was easily palmed out of sight in doing so. "Time for action then." At Mute's lead, of course. Diedrick also seemed anxious. There'd be time enough after their crime spree to chat and indulge themselves. They'd be of even greater cheer after a successful heist too.

It only took a few steps to circle the table and draw near the barrel they'd obtained to put the skeleton crews to sleep. Hopefully all of them, but if not they'd be able to handle whoever passed up a good drink while stuck with the duty of nightshift. "This will keep them unconscious for an hour or two hours, if they take a proper drink," she explained for Mute's benefit. He was the one orchestrating the affair, after all. Seemed appropriate his expectations should be set. Hopefully none of the crew thought to sip their drink so it'd last through the night; such people might only be out minutes.

If the signal was given, Samara would introduce the knockout potion into the drink where it would be easily mixed in transit.

• Cheer
  • Popcorn
presume that you are proficient with a weapon of some kind?
Finnegan pulled a dagger from his sleave, "mainly use this bad boy and my fists." He placed the dagger back into its concealed hiding place. "But Im pretty good with a sword too, just not that easy to conceal."

It was safe to say he was not a fan of diedrick, from the moment he had walked in Finnegan was put off. He would make a point to keep an eye on the man, especially where it concerned Samara

• Nervous
  • Popcorn
Móirne followed the conversation, absentmindedly counting the criminals located in the tavern. There were two to the left. One was a man with curly brown hair tied back into a tight ponytail and a scar that stretched across his face, beginning at his top right cheek and ending under his left eye. His partner, a man with thick black dreadlocks, also had his hair tied back. He had a thin and warm face.

She couldn't recall either of their names. Honestly, Móirne was surprised she recognized them; her information network had only mentioned the two once or twice. Regardless, she peeled her eyes away from them and continued to count. It was a good way to preoccupy herself while her associates got familiar with each other.

Mute liked this woman. He had decided that very quickly. As well as being extremely beautiful and charming, she was making the effort to communicate with him, and better yet, still using the sign language when she wasn't even speaking to him so that he could pick up as much of the language as he could.

He made a mental note of all the signs that were easily recognizable. Clenching the wrist raising the upper arm and tapping the lower arm. Muscle. Tapping the finger on the forehead. Brain. He certainly wouldn't be able to pick up on every sign Rou used the first time she used them, but she was picking up key signs here and there and would most likely learn more the more he saw her sign. Mute was glad he'd placed the woman on sniper duty on the roof with him. She was going to be a pleasure to work with.

Diedrick's mind finally shifted back to the business plan, and the man acted accordingly, gazing at Urchin once more. "Anyways, shall we move out soon?" An idea crossed Diedrick's mind, and he couldn't help but voice it. "You mentioned distractions, correct? Moirne's assigned to that, but perhaps I can offer my expertise on the matter."

Mute considered that, and he had to admit he was a little surprised. He wouldn't have guessed Diedrick to be a distractions expected. He'd pictured him as more as a barge into a fight with an axe in each hand and hack away until everybody was dead type... But of course, appearances could often be deceiving. He nodded to Diedrick, tapping his fingers on his forehead in much the same way as Rou had before in an attempt to ask the man what exactly he had in mind.

"This will keep them unconscious for an hour or two hours, if they take a proper drink,"

Mute nodded his head once more, pointing first at the vial and then at the keg. If he could get this whole business over with, with no civilians getting injured, he'd consider it a job well done. He then pointed at Samara, Rou and Urchin in turn, and gestured to the keg once more. He had assigned them the task of taking care of any civilians in the area and making sure they took a little nap. Then again, if anybody else wanted to help in that little task, he would welcome their cooperation. Until the smuggling vessel arrived, there wasn't much else the group had to worry about.

"I have a hard time remembering names, so I make little associations. I associate people based on their facial features, dress code, the kind of weapons they wear, anything really."

"Ah, dun worry about it, I ain't great with names m'self," Urchin reassured Diedrick. "If ya forget, ya can just call us Red, Pinky, Curly, Blue Eyes, Pretty Boy an' Grumpy Face. Am sure we can figure out who's who." Of course Mute shot Urchin another scowl and gave him an irritated shove on the arm about being granted the nickname 'Grumpy Face'. He did not look amused at all... Hence the nickname.

Samara turned to regard Urchin, though there was just a little less warmth in the smile on her dark lips when he sought clarification. Dealt a shitty hand?

Well, that was unfortunate. Him and Samara had been getting along so well tonight and Urchin certainly hadn't intended to throw a spanner in the works. "Sorry Miss, I didn't mean to offend none," he said sheepishly. "Just thought it must'a been real sad fer you ta lose yer magic is all."

"Time for action then."

"Sure thing," Urchin declared enthusiastically. "Now, it's mostly the folks on the docked boats what we gotta deal with, since they're the ones most likely ta see us. An' if there's any folks sleepin' rough around the docks, I'm sure they'd be 'appy fer a free mug o' ale too. Also wouldn't hurt if some o' that ale made it's way into the tavern. Guards an' passersby, we dun need to worry 'bout so much. Anybody guardin' the docks is gonna get real suspicious if we just start offerin' them random mugs of ale. Besides, our little 'distraction' should deal with 'em... Only problem is, 'ow do we get the ale ta the folk in the boats? Rou, do ya think yer friend the inn keeper would mind if we borrow a couple o' mugs?"

ta the folk in the boats? Rou, do ya think yer friend the inn keeper would mind if we borrow a couple o' mugs
Rou thought on this for a moment, "I don't think that would be a problem."

She watched Mute as he concentrated on her signing, attemting to practise some of is own. Rou was rather happy to see that he had taken an interest, it could possibly help him in his future indevors.

• Popcorn
The Dark Elf's blue eyes looked over at Urchin as the young one sought to recover from what seemed a downturn to the conversation. "Like losing an arm," Samara replied at last. More like losing both arms, but then she wasn't completely disabled. What she couldn't do with invisible forces and spectacle, Samara accomplished with her hands and feet.

A forced smile hoped to signal she wasn't upset with Urchin's comments. Though a paranoid person wouldn't be taken in by a smile; they would think that only ensured she'd strike in their sleep. Couldn't placate everyone. While Samara did not want Urchin to feel put out, it was difficult for her to provide a genuine smile or just casually ignore the topic. It had been a traumatic experience. No point drawing it out in public.

Samara introduced the vial contents to the ale and then made sure the plug was firmly restored. Seemed unlikely Urchin would manage to sneak a mug between now and the dock.

Hand atop the keg, her eyes roamed between Urchin, Rou, and Mute. "I can haul it where it needs to go and help our... customers to their drink. Rou, can you be the face to our venture? Deal with your contacts, arrange acquiring mugs. Perhaps even see if they know of an order for the ship-borne crew for drink we can fulfill? Urchin, if you're with us, help hand out the mugs full of drink." Samara paused with her eyes on the lad among them. "No stealing a drink unless you want to start an uproar with laughter. Depending on what the ships' crews expect, perhaps you'll be the one to deliver notice their order has arrived." Seemed like a good idea. Samara could put on a pleasing smile to disarm them, Urchin could help fill orders, and Rou could coordinate with the locals to make sure everything else didn't draw unwanted attention.

• Popcorn
Rou nodded in agreement. "Sounds good to me, I'll head out now already to get everything in place."
She stood, slung her bow and arrows over her shoulder and took a last sip of her drink. "Mute, when you arrive and are ready to be in position just go straight up the staircase. Take a left and open what looks like a broom closet, there you will find a ladder leading to the roof. I will meet you there.

With that Rou left, she mounted her horse who was tied up outside the Tavern. Pulled her hood over her head and went off in the direction of The Shallows.

smile hoped to signal she wasn't upset with Urchin's comments. Though
Finn was no fool, he saw Samaras discomfort. He moved a hand to gently squeeze her shoulder.

"I think thats enough on this topic ey kid." He spoke to Urchin just before Samara continued with her idea.

When Rou left Finnegan turned to the rest of them, "Well seeing as we cant touch the keg, anybody one summin' from the bar?"

"Sure thing," Urchin declared enthusiastically. "Now, it's mostly the folks on the docked boats what we gotta deal with, since they're the ones most likely ta see us. An' if there's any folks sleepin' rough around the docks, I'm sure they'd be 'appy fer a free mug o' ale too. Also wouldn't hurt if some o' that ale made it's way into the tavern. Guards an' passersby, we dun need to worry 'bout so much. Anybody guardin' the docks is gonna get real suspicious if we just start offerin' them random mugs of ale. Besides, our little 'distraction' should deal with 'em... Only problem is, 'ow do we get the ale ta the folk in the boats? Rou, do ya think yer friend the inn keeper would mind if we borrow a couple o' mugs?"
Hand atop the keg, her eyes roamed between Urchin, Rou, and Mute. "I can haul it where it needs to go and help our... customers to their drink. Rou, can you be the face to our venture? Deal with your contacts, arrange acquiring mugs. Perhaps even see if they know of an order for the ship-borne crew for drink we can fulfill? Urchin, if you're with us, help hand out the mugs full of drink." Samara paused with her eyes on the lad among them. "No stealing a drink unless you want to start an uproar with laughter. Depending on what the ships' crews expect, perhaps you'll be the one to deliver notice their order has arrived." Seemed like a good idea. Samara could put on a pleasing smile to disarm them, Urchin could help fill orders, and Rou could coordinate with the locals to make sure everything else didn't draw unwanted attention.
Diedrick observed them move and chat, delighted by the prospect of collaboration. He didn't take them for granted, yet the way they conversed about sedating people stroked his curiosity. Diedrick pitched ahead, turning into an ear. "I know a thing or two about sedatives. My father taught me." Diedrick pocketed his hands, rummaging through his earthly belongings with abandon. Hardly anything was there besides a flask of spirit, a hunting knife, and a small notebook. Contrary to what most would estimate, he rarely bared arms, especially ones easily distinguished upon surface investigation.

"He might be an archeologist, but damn me if that man isn't interested in just about everything." A proud grin crept onto his features, lips stretching like a lazy question-mark. Ever since Diedrick's mother passed away, his father took upon the sole parental role as the head of their dwindling family. Diedrick loved him dearly but couldn't stand some of the academic fields that his dad lectured.

"Erm, anyways," he continued, knowing that the pause between the sentences was becoming annoyingly dull, "make sure that the sedative you are using isn't a myorelaxant." Diedrick tapped his finger against the wooden facade, slightly troubled at the notion of drugging people. It was no longer a matter of sheer utility. He found it distasteful and would've fancied knocking them out through more mundane, likely physical means. Alas, the latter wasn't an option, at least not an effective one.

"Y'know, those things can cause death by asphyxia. Primarily due to rapid relaxation of diaphragmatic and intercostal muscles." Diedrick scratched the back of his head, contemplating how to voice his concerns. "The way I see it, we should aim for minimal casualties. Since more casualties equate to higher chances of getting caught and a harsher punishment to top it off."

When Rou left Finnegan turned to the rest of them, "Well seeing as we cant touch the keg, anybody one summin' from the bar?"
"I wouldn't mind!" shot up the voice of an overly excited and slightly erratic male. "My body is aching for some action. Wouldn't hurt to get our diversion set, right, Moirne?" Diedrick's head turned by the faintest of margins, throwing an encouraging look at the pink-haired female. It was as if his face radiated energy, positively revitalized by Finnegan's invitation. Diedrick was about to suggest the same thing, but the smaller man beat him to it.

Móirne

"Like losing an arm,"

"Wow, that's a damn shame... Ya know, I ain't never 'eard of someone losin' magic before. 'Ow did it 'appen?" he asked curiously.

"I think thats enough on this topic ey kid." He spoke to Urchin just before Samara continued with her idea.

"Oh... Uh... Yeah. Sorry. I'll drop it." Urchin really needed to learn how to read social ques a bit better.

Urchin, if you're with us, help hand out the mugs full of drink." Samara paused with her eyes on the lad among them. "No stealing a drink unless you want to start an uproar with laughter. Depending on what the ships' crews expect, perhaps you'll be the one to deliver notice their order has arrived."

"Will do," the lad agreed readily, then he smiled at Samara's plan of how they would distribute the drink to the crew. "Hey, that ain't a bad idea! Just roll the keg right up to 'em an' say, "Hey boys, the captain were feelin' real sorry fer ya sittin' around keepin' watch over the ship with no drink in yer bellies, so 'e sent this over an' said ya can all 'elp yerselves!" Doubt anybody's gonna argue with that!"

"make sure that the sedative you are using isn't a myorelaxant. Y'know, those things can cause death by asphyxia. Primarily due to rapid relaxation of diaphragmatic and intercostal muscles."

"Oh shit," Urchin declared nervously. He hadn't stopped to think that the sleep inducing drug could actually cause anybody any lasting harm. Certainly nobody wanted that happening. "Hey Queenie, that purple stuff weren't no mi-o-relax stuff, were it? We dun want no one ta die from as-pic... Ash-fic... Ass-fix... That." Though, of course, that was highly unlikely to be the case. Samara knew what she was doing.

Rou nodded in agreement. "Sounds good to me, I'll head out now already to get everything in place."

"I'm comin' too!" the boy declared, using all his meager strength to tip the keg onto it's side and then awkwardly rolling the thing towards the doors. "Ya comin' Queenie?" he asked happily. The three of them together were going to make a great team, he just knew it!

"Mute, when you arrive and are ready to be in position just go straight up the staircase. Take a left and open what looks like a broom closet, there you will find a ladder leading to the roof. I will meet you there.

Mute nodded to Rou's suggestion. Honestly, he'd just planned on sneaking into the alleyway and scaling the building, but this plan seemed a lot more convenient. As she left though, he found himself feeling surprisingly anxious. Somehow, he felt like he should be going with her, to make sure that everything was okay... Was he really worried about this woman? After only a couple of hours of knowing her? This wasn't like him. This wasn't like him at all.

"I'm comin' too!" the boy declared, using all his meager strength to tip the keg onto it's side and then awkwardly rolling the thing towards the doors.

Mute took a breath and shrugged his worry off. She would be fine. Urchin and Samara would be helping her, and besides, this was the easy part of the job. All they had to do was hand out ale and get a few sailors to fall asleep. They would all be fine. It was the later part of the job he should be worrying about.

"Well seeing as we cant touch the keg, anybody one summin' from the bar?"

Mute nodded in reply, though he didn't attempt to communicate what he wanted. Trying to sign that would be too complicated, and he was happy to have whatever the other men were having. He could use a drink to calm his nerves. This was a big job they had ahead of them and he needed to get himself in the right state of mind to make sure everything went off without a hitch.

"Y'know, those things can cause death by asphyxia. Primarily due to rapid relaxation of diaphragmatic and intercostal muscles." Diedrick scratched the back of his head, contemplating how to voice his concerns. "The way I see it, we should aim for minimal casualties. Since more casualties equate to higher chances of getting caught and a harsher punishment to top it off."

Well, well. It seemed that the man certainly wasn't all brawn and no brains after all. He knew his stuff. Certainly a lot better than Mute did. Killing someone with a sedative was something he hadn't considered at all, or even thought was possible. Mute turned to Samara and waited for her answer. This could throw a real wrench in their plans if the sleeping drought was that dangerous.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Móirne
The Dark Elf glanced at Finnegan for a moment at the touch. She offered a slight nod acknowledging Urchin chose to abide the man's suggestion not to push further. An unexpected relief of a burden Samara needn't carry -- trying to politely excuse herself from the topic. In public, surrounded by people she didn't know, was no place to lay it all out. It only kept raising questions until the answers became more than any wanted in their company.

"If we're lucky, a patrol might even 'ask' for a drink to let us pass." A few less eyes roaming the area couldn't hurt. Unless they passed out in front of an even larger body before the 'distraction' was set to go off.

Then Diedrick of all people suddenly spoke up about sedatives. Not that Samara had thought him a mindless brute, but to think he was educated to an extent he spoke of myorelaxant qualities of certain sedatives and the risk they posed to life... it was shockingly like her own back story and how most wouldn't easily know it seeing her as a mere assassin or bounty hunter.

Urchin took a sudden interest once Diedrick brought up the possibility of death. Samara's attention swung back to the young man before she reached out to lay a hand atop his shoulder. "We're not going to fix anyone's ass, Urchin. I've hunted and survived in the wilds my entire life. While I didn't need to use such things before, I knew the properties of their ingredients and their affect on various kinds of life." Another sleight of hand along her waist band and a vial of purple fluid with streaks of black emerged. "This is the one we'll save for another time." With a wink, Samara slipped the lethal concoction away.

A slight nod to Diedrick followed, along with a moment's stare. Perhaps they could discuss more than how large his muscles bulged during arm wrestling.

Then the youth did something unexpected -- he toppled the keg over and began rolling it away. Samara's eyes slid aside to look over at Mute as her brows formed a peak above her nose. Urchin could have let her carry that as one might a bag of feathers, but... "I'll see you soon." With no time to dawdle, Samara followed after Urchin before he dropped it down some steps outside.

Soon the crew would be fast asleep for the festivities to begin. One way or the other. Shame Samara couldn't just tell them to enjoy their drink -- it was healthier for them in the long run. After all, the alternative was trying to put them in a sleeper hold and such a struggle would likely get a few of them killed so they didn't sound the alarm.

• Popcorn
  • Wonder
"My body is aching for some action. Wouldn't hurt to get our diversion set, right, Moirne?" Diedrick's head turned by the faintest of margins, throwing an encouraging look at the pink-haired female.

"Sure," Móirne said. She pushed herself up from her seat and turned towards Diedrick. "Let's go."

Móirne was relieved; she wouldn't say so, not even under the effects of torture, but she was. The tavern had quickly begun to feel claustrophobic. She was glad to finally have an excuse to leave, even if it was to set up a diversion with a man she'd just met.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Urchin
faintest of margins, throwing an encouraging look at the pink-haired female. It was as if his face radiated energy, positively revitalized by Finnegan's invitation. Diedrick was about to suggest the same thing, but the smaller man beat him to it.

Finnigan was lost to all the jibber jabber about postions , toads and elven gods know what else. It wasn't that he was stupid, he simply had no interest in the matter.

Speaking of interest, he could see the way Diedrick looked at Móirne...ah to be an idiot fallen into the deadly clasp of love.

He went and fetched the remainders each a drink.
He returned to the table. "So now that its just as men," he raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Whats the deal with yall n the girls ey'? " he took a big swallow. "To say Diedrick has his eyes on rainbow is an understatement. "

"How about you my man?" He turned to mute, "got a lady at your side?"

• Nervous
Rou, Samara and Urchin all headed off to the Shallows. She informed them that she would ride ahead and speak to the bar keep.

When Rou entered, to the luck of the group, the first face she saw when she enteted the Tavern was Western. He greeted her with an enormous hug. "How things goin ey lil elf?" He asked with a chuckle , rubbing his hands on his big belly. "Well , I have a favour to ask."

The pair sat down and spoke in hushed tones , eventually, Western agreed. He never asked a question about the job, not wanting to put his finger in a pie he had no interest in eating. They finished talking and Western went back to the bar to tend to new customers.

Just as Samara and Urchin arrived, Rou heard a voice yell over the crowd. "Hey half breed!."
It was Riley, a tall, lanky human, no older then 24 smiled at her.

The pair met half way and embraced, she then went to introduce him to her new friends. "Urchin, Samara...this is Riley." She smiled a genuine smile, arms crossed lightly she leaned in, "the one who owes me a favour." She gave the pair a knowing wink.

• Cheer
I see that the "riley" has a profile link. That profile has nothing to do with the riley mentioned here xo

• Yay