Private Tales Brothels and Broken Things

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
He let out another heavy sigh in contentment as she lay down and nuzzled at him and his arms wrapped around her. It was as it should be, and yet so much better than he'd imagined it could be. "Hm.. We still have a couple hours.." he mumbled against her hair, his eyes blinking heavily for a moment.

Her question woke him up a little however. He felt put on the spot and felt the back of his neck tense. Marriage was one thing, but the thought of having kids terrified him, but he wasn't sure of what the right answer was or if there even was one. "I.." he started without knowing what he'd planned on saying at all, and sighed..

"Lass right now I just want you, whatever that means." he frowned gently and looked down at her, deciding to let his thoughts out rather than shut her down.

"Marriage din't work out too well for me first time roun'.. I'm sure, as soon as we were married, she felt tied down to me an' wanted out. Fuck knows how many men she saw behind my back." he groaned quietly. Not that he'd suggest that Lexi would be so cruel but.. "I don' wan' you to feel trapped, lass. But... I'd be damn fuckin' proud to make you my wife someday, if you ent sick of me by then." he laughed almost shyly under his breath.

"A family, though... I ent sure I'd be very good at that either, lass."

• Love
Reactions: Lexi Quinzell
"That's fine," Lexi's voice was sleepy and her eyes were already closed as she entwined her legs with his. The tenseness in him hadn't registered at all on her radar and she clearly had no view on it herself. He had already set her thoughts at ease when it came to being a pretty little housewife and anything further than that she had no strong feelings on. She would be lying however if she said a part of her didn't get a thrill at hearing him say he would be proud to make her his wife though she hope she manage to hide her blush in her current position.

"As long as there are no pink aprons and bread baking..." she shifted her position and threw her arm over his chest to complete the subtle takeover she had been doing of his body. The heat and feel of him against her again settled something which had become uncomfortable within her until now. "I love you... but not that much." There was no love strong enough in the world to get her in a frilly apron baking.

• Love
Reactions: Cassian
He let out a breath. Good, he hadn't seemed to have said anything wrong, she hadn't changed her mind. He watched her legs entwine with his and her arm drape and he smirked smugly to himself. "Nah. No pink aprons, lass.." he chuckled and ran his fingers through her hair.

He stopped for a brief moment when she told him again that she loved him and he frowned with a soft sigh, thinking his heart had swollen so much it might burst at any moment. The hand in her hair slipped to gently guide her chin up to allow him to kiss her, soft, gentle, adoringly.

'I'll never tire of hearin' that, lass.." his cheeks dimpled as he laughed under his breath "You can dress me in whatever frilly aprons you damn well please." he mused and wrapped his arm back around her.

• Love
Lexi gave a soft noise of protest when he asked her to move but when she realised it was just her head she melted against him once more and allowed it. Her returning kiss was all soft pillows and sweet dreams and when he let her go she nestled back down with her cheek against his chest this time. She did, however, give a soft chuckle at his promise.

"I wouldn't be so quick to promise me that, I can get rather... creative," the last word was half a yawn and she rubbed at her eyes. "I just need a quick nap before we dock," it was a incoherent mumble and pretty soon she was asleep.

It was roughly three hours later that a shout went up outside for people to begin readying the ropes for landing. Again, the polite tap on the cabin door and then nothing further. Lexi sighed. She had already been half coming around naturally, her mind telling her that soon she would need to get up anyway. She ran a hand through Cassian's hair and placed a kiss to his lips.

"Ready for that holiday?"

• Love
He'd smirked sleepily at her words and drifted off almost immediately as soon as her head had nuzzled in against his chest. He slept soundly, his body soothed by her and recovering from various stressors.

With the tap at the door and her fingers in his hair, he gave a quiet rumble and his lips curled into a grin before he'd even opened his eyes. He nodded and wrapped a tight grip around her "Yes ma'am."

"Mh.. I should break it to the lads that we won't be goin' out.." he yawned and stretched out on the bed, trying to wake himself up.

• Popcorn
"Going out?" Lexi gave him a bemused look as her eyes roamed his face, committing every little inch to memory in this moment. If he was going to explain it further to her she wouldn't get to hear it as another rap came at the door and a series of voices on the deck, the sound of a gang plank being lowered.

"Lex, Farah's out here for you she says it's urgent," she gave a soft sigh and lowered her forehead for a brief moment to his before she pried herself free from his grip. Once she was free she bound her hair back up and put on the eye patch. It was like putting on an armour and a mask; that of a Commander.

"Can you grab the stuff? I'll meet you out there," she cast him one last glance then slipped outside. "Farah," Lexi turned her gaze to her young assistant who stood on the deck looking around her as if something might eat her. How she always looked so scared Lexi would never know, she had made the mistake of getting on her bad side once and would never do it again. "How can I help?"

The woman snapped to attention quickly.

"Commander, I just thought I would give you a heads up. Your mother is back and she wasn't that far behind m-"

"Alexandria," the panic had been rising in her as soon as Farah had spoken and she actually winced a little as her mothers voice sounded across the deck. Taliah Quinzell strode towards her daughter. She was a savage beauty with long rich dark brown hair and piercing golden eyes that seemed to cut a man to his very soul. Despite her years she was tall and in peak physical fitness and it showed in her every confident movement.

"Mother..." the two embraced. The similarities were quite clear between them. "What... are you doing here? I would have met you in the city."

"Nonsense darling, your father and I have brought a picnic, we thought we could catch up before you chain yourself to your desk again,"
the woman cupped her daughters cheek fondly then glanced across the ship ad if she were searching. Lexi knew exactly who she was searching for and pressed her lips into a thin line.

• Wow
Cassian pulled himself together swiftly, though he had a feeling their escape to Oban wasn’t going to happen as soon as they’d hoped given the urgency of Lexi’s summons.

His black shirt had been ruined in the fight with the serpent, and he’d torn his white one clean off of Lexi, and so he’d have to make do without until they got back to the city. He gathered their things and lifted them out onto the deck, about to call over to Peter and Alec before he caught the look on their faces. He frowned “What?..” and he followed their looks toward the woman Lexi was standing with.

“Fuck.”

He hadn’t meant to say it aloud. He hadn’t meant to drop their bags and weapons at his feet either but he did. His chest tightened. There was no mistaking who the woman was, no introduction was necessary. She was also incredibly beautiful and impressive for her age and that only intimidated him further.

Cassian rubbed at the back of his neck, suddenly more aware of his bare and battered torso than he’d ever really cared to notice. If he’d had a shirt collar on he’d have loosened it as his skin warmed and he offered a sheepish smile. He was terrible with people, he was even more terrible with the people he didn’t want to be terrible with, he just never seemed to make a good impression. And this.. this was pressure.

“Your sister?..” he asked Lexi. That was cute, right? He gave a wary glance around the deck, half expecting some raging man to be coming at him with a weapon in tow.

• Haha
The curse and then the sound of clattering bags and weapons snapped Taylin's attention sharply to Cassian and Lexi half winced at the look on her mothers face. It wasn't exactly a horrified look but more of a critical one. In fact, Lexi imagined it was the exact same look she had given Cassian when they had first met and for a brief moment she felt a pang of guilt for how she had treated him all those weeks ago. Her back had been to Cassian but now she slowly turned and shot him an apologetic look - she hadn't known her mother would be here nor her father. She had thought them both safely in Oban and would have been able to engineer a scenario where they could have met her parents briefly in a controlled and more public environment.

In the awkward silence that followed Alec threw Cassian a shirt from his own pack.

In other circumstances it would have made Lexi laugh but she bit her lip to hold it in; her mother wouldn't appreciate it. Taylin gave the man an almost sympathetic smile.

"Adorable," though her tone suggest it was definitely not.

"Where's dad?" Lexi tried to turn her mothers attention away from him to give him a brief reprieve to recover but her mother waved her off.

"With the horses dear, Cassian would you like to join us?" she stepped over to where he stood and offered her hand. "Taylin, we've heard nothing but stories about you since we got back so we simply had to come and see you for ourselves. I hope you don't mind."

• Scared
Cassian was squirming at the tone of the woman’s voice. He caught hold of Alec’s shirt and shot him a look of appreciation but shook his head and threw it back. Because bursting out of a shirt would be a great look.

He unrolled his jacket and pulled it on to cover himself up and fastened it. It was a little bloody, and a little warm for the current climate, but it did the job of covering his skin. As though she’d sensed his squirming, Red immediately bounded to scale Cassian’s body and settle herself into his fur lined hood and settle her chin on his shoulder. His little wingman brought him at least a little comfort... and she’d been what made Lexi give him the time of day, perhaps she’d work her magic on her mother.

He glanced to Lexi as the woman approached him. His stomach threatened to evacuate again. “Stories?...” Fuck. He’d scorned gypsies, picked fights in public, been pissed drunk, broke Kain’s jaw and marched Lexi half naked through the streets offering a slap of her arse for coin. Stories, in his case, were never a good thing.

Cass looked to the woman’s outstretched hand and reached to take it and bring her knuckles to his lips. It was gentlemanly, wasn’t it? “Of course I don’ mind. A pleasure to meet you la- m..m’lady.” he smiled awkwardly. “I’ve been hopin’ to meet you for some time” he lied “I’ve heard so much about you.”

Last edited:
  • Devil
Lexi actually put her head in her hands. Taliah watched him like a hawk might a mouse, trying to decide whether to kill it now or later. She was about to say something when Mitch suddenly appeared at Cass's side like an angel from above.

"I thought I told ye, ye ain't welcome on me ship anymore?" he slapped the woman on the back sharply. Her eyes lingered on Cass a while longer with a small smile before she finally tore them from him, released his hand, and turned her attention instead to Mitch who very quickly and smartly turned her away for a walk about the ship. "Lemme show you how your bloody spell still fucks wit' me lady," he was heard saying as they parted ways from the others.

There seemed to be an audible sigh of relief from everyone nearby. Even Tryst looked pale.

"Why didn't you send me a Raven!?" Lexi turned to Farah, her rage peaking. The assistant blinked at her calmly.

"I tried and she shot it out of the sky."

Kain snorted a laugh but covered it with a cough.

"I'm so, so sorry. Of course you don't have to come on this picnic, I can send you off on a mission with Kain," Lexi turned her gaze to Cassian, a thousand apologies written across her face. Her eyes ran down his coat and then she glanced to Kain. "You're a similar size, do you have a spare shirt?" Kain chuckled and nodded, glancing over to Cass.

"Yeah, if you want to try it on before she comes back," his head tilted towards the lower decks where his own stuff still was.

Last edited:
  • Cry
The woman's eyes really did burn into his soul. She was fucking terrifying. As soon as she'd left with Mitch he let out a breath and rubbed at his face.. "Fuck, lass. I'm not ready for this.." he shook his head at Lexi, his tone low in fear of the woman overhearing. "Like she's not going to see right through that." he frowned. He didn't have much choice, they were going to judge him either way, at least if he was there whilst they did it he could try and stand up for himself.

He was in full panic mode, fingers in his hair, breathing rigid, and he disappeared quickly below deck to rummage through Kain's things and find a shirt to change into.

"Fuckin' ambushed, Red. You gotta play it cute..." he muttered at the cat and growled.. "Get it done, Cass."

He changed into a shirt and felt at least a little better, it was clean and fit fine, and Red quickly reclaimed her place around his neck and nuzzled at his face. "Good job." he smirked at her and pulled in a breath before heading back up the stairs and onto the deck, ready for his fucking family picnic.

• Haha
He was right, of course, Taliah wasn't a stupid woman and would call her out in public if she came up with that excuse. But she would pull rank and get her to back down at the cost of some serious cold shoulder for the rest of the day. For Cassian she would do it though. She didn't even get much of a choice to comfort him, ease him back from the riding tide of panic, before he disappeared beneath the deck to try and clean himself up a little. She fist her hair in her hand and took in a deep breath. Time with her mother required a lot of careful mental preparation and she felt emotionally raw after the past 24 hours. This wasn't going to go well.

By the time Cassian came back up Taliah had rejoined her daughter and was fussing over her hair. Lexi clearly looked less than impressed with the topic of conversation about how she wasn't looking after herself and almost looked relieved he was about to relieve her from being the centre of her mothers attention. Taliah's gaze followed her daughters and she gave him a different smile. Whether different was better stood to be seen.

"Let's get going then. Kain can deal with all that other nonsense, can't you Kain?" the other man nodded. "Excellent, pass my love on to your mother for me," she waved her fingers over her shoulder as she turned and walked back down the gang plank.

"I'm so sorry," she murmured again when Cassian joined her before the descended. "I promise... I will do... anything you want tonight to make up for this," her hands ran down the front of shirt as her eyes searched his face. "If she oversteps we'll leave."

"Are you coming darling?"
Lexi sighed and ran a hand down her face before turning and following after her mother. At the bottom her father stood with the horses having clearly just held the stirrup for his loving wife before he turned to greet the pair of them. He was a tall man with a mop of blonde hair and kind pale blue eyes with creases at the corners. His whole face said he was a man who enjoyed and did laugh a lot.

"Smurf," he smiled and strode forward to sweep his daughter into his arms. When he dumped her back down he ruffled her hair and then turned to Cassian, extending a hand. "And this must be Cassian," when he took his hand he leaned in with a smile and a wink. "When we're away from the girls you have to tell me about that fight with Tryst, it sounded epic," before releasing the young man to climb onto his own horse. "We best get going before your mother slits all our throats."

Last edited:
  • Scared
Cassian didn't know what to make of the woman's smile, he wished he could hear what she was thinking...then again, perhaps not. He doubted it was anything kind. Parents didn't like him..

He shot a glance to Kain and forced a small smile to the man in thanks, but it was clear he wished he was doing anything else. Anything but this. He knew however, that sacrifices had to be made, and he'd make any for her. He tried his best to relax a little, but he still had her father to meet and the back of his neck ached.

'It's alrigh' lass.." he looked down at Lexi as she spoke to him, a look of torture on his face as he sighed. "Stop apologisin' .. It'll be fine." he frowned, clearly not so sure about that. He didn't bother to suppress the urge to press a kiss to her forehead. They both needed the reassurance, and it was a tender affection that he saw no shame in expressing, whether her parents liked it or not, he loved her.

He followed down the gangplank and toward the horses, trying to mentally prepare himself for dealing with her father. Whatever Cassian had expected, it hadn't been this. Normally, the fathers were the problems for him, but this man seemed genuinely pleased to meet him and Cassian struggled to hide his shock as he reached to shake his hand in return. He gave a husky laugh as he mentioned the fight with Tryst, and hoped that had been the only story they'd been told..

"Good to meet you, sir." Sir. It'd been what he'd called his father and he realised how long it'd been since he'd said it, it felt strange to him. The man was a polar opposite of his own father with first impressions. Her mother however, it seemed she could give his old man a run for his money.

• Devil
"Oh no, Sir was my father, Sir Sir to be exact, the third in a long line. I'm Sir Sir the Fou--"

"Dad,"
Lexi pleaded as she swung herself up into the saddle.

"Christopher, really," Taliah sighed and shot her husband a look that despite her tone indicated nothing but love for the man who had been her partner for nearly 30 years. Lexi made a face behind her parents back as she reigned her horse in close to Cassian's and followed the pair further away from her beloved city. She turned to look at it disappearing once more with a soft sigh of regret.

The journey was a mixture of small talk and Christopher telling a, what he thoughts was hilarious, story about a drunkard they had met on their way back from their mission who had offered to by Lexi's mother in exchange for a camel.

"And then I said. Look 'ere lad, I won't let a prized piece of arse like this go for any less than five camels and-"

"- How about here?"
Taliah cut in as they got to a sprawling meadow dotted with wildflowers that offered them a beautiful view down towards the river and the lands beyond. Lexi nodded, relieved her fathers story was cut short, and dismounted. The girls set about laying out the blanket whilst Christopher motioned for Cassian to help him with the food.

"Tay always goes over the top with these things," he said in a conspirators whisper and passed him one loaded basket before taking the other. "So, we hear you're from Vel'Anir?" he asked casually as they moved back over to the blanket. Lexi had stretched out already in the sun and she smiled as Cass came to join her.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Cassian looked between the three with mild amusement as he lifted Red from his shoulder to sit her in front of the saddle before he pulled himself up. Her father's demeanour had eased him slightly and he sighed, rubbing at the kitten's neck as they trotted calmly along the road. He was afraid to laugh at the man's story about his wife, but he glanced to Lexi with a small smirk and looked down as the man was cut off once again.

He slid down from the saddle and patted his shoulder, waiting for Red to make the jump before he went to help Christopher with the food. Cassian laughed under his breath and shook his head as he took the basket from him "It's kind of her.." he responded quietly, though clearly a little nervous about it.

"Aye, born and raised. I served in the Anirian army.." he answered and set the basket down before joining Lexi and lifting Red down into his lap like a comfort blanket since he couldn't exactly pull Lexi into his arms, as much as he craved to.

• Love
Lexi slid her fingers over his hand and entwined them when he settled down beside her. Taliah watched the small display with slightly narrowed eyes and opened her mouth to say something before Christopher flopped down next to her and pulled her down boldly into a sudden kiss.

"Leave them alone you old bag, they're young, we were off doing worse things than holding hands at our parents picnics," the woman snorted but there was a colour in her cheeks and she seemed to make an effort to ease the stern look from her face. He looped an arm about her shoulders and kept her in a loose headlock against his chest as he directed his attention back to his daughter and Cassian. "I have to say throughout my travels it's always the Anirian's who've stood out for their skill - how do you think the Ravens compare?"

"Dad has this board,"
Lexi sighed deeply like she was tired of having to explain her fathers actions. "Where, he likes to rate us against other armies and Templar Chapters."

"Hey, now. There will be no disrespecting of the board Squirt."

"It's a stupid concept - we're fighting different things!"

"Ah but that's why there's different stats,"
Lexi groaned.

"Why did you leave?" Taliah injected as her husband and daughter bickered, a slim eyebrow raising.

Last edited:
  • Scared
Cassian's hand tightened in Lexi's and he looked at her with a small smile as his father defended them. He liked the man, he'd decided, but he still felt like her mother wanted him drawn and quartered and knew there were a lot of questions to come. He looked back to the man as he asked about the skills of his people but kept his lips tight shut as he and Lexi argued back and forth.

Her mother's question caused him to tense and he cleared his throat. He couldn't exactly lie, he had a feeling the woman could see through him as it was. Still, the truth was uncomfortable, and it wasn't going to shine a very pretty light on him..

"I was exiled. My father was a General and we had a disagreement.. Not my proudest moment but there it is." he answered with a brief frown at the woman before looking to her husband.

"I'm not sure how well the two can be compared if I'm honest. Standin' against an army, there's none better than the Anirians, our trainin' is brutal and our lives are entirely committed to becomin' soldiers, there isn't another army quite like it. That said, we're human, I hadn't ever faced anythin' like what I have since joinin' the Ravens.. We had Dreadlords, but I reckon Lexi would put most of them on their arses." he shrugged.

• Popcorn
Tahlia seemed to mull over this information as he went on to answer her husbands question and busied herself with unpacking the two baskets. She really had brought a feast of food. There were meats, cheeses, breads, fruits, cakes, creams and jams. She spread them all out then passed each of them in turn a plate, knife and fork and let them to get on with it. Christopher didn't need telling to begin heaping his own plate high with food.

"The Dreadlords give me the creeps, I have to say. Tay and I ran into a group of them when we were hunting something once and the way they work..." he shook his head. "I mean, don't get me wrong is fucking worked but," he whistled low. It had been bloody and ruthless.

"Surprisingly good drinkers though," Tahlia interjected with a small smile as she ate a few olives off her plate. "Must've been quite hard to find a place for yourself when your father was a General," her eyes slid back to the boy as she bit into another one. "My father was similar, if it weren't for Christopher I think I would have left," she glanced to her husband and gave him a funny look. He gazed back at her with a goofy grin.

"Can we not, I'm trying to eat," Lexi muttered darkly and fiddled with her eye patch uncomfortably.

"Oh just take it off Darling, honestly, I don't know why you wear it. It makes you look like a pirate." Lexi looked about to quip back with something but sighed and did pull it off, deciding whatever old argument it was wasn't worth it today.

"But Tay, I like having a pirate for a daughter, who else is going to bring me plunder when you won't let me sell you on the Silk Road for camels eh?"

Cassian helped himself to some bread and meat and leaned against Lexi as he ate. Having refused breakfast and emptied his stomach earlier, he was starving. With the talk of Dreadlords Cassian nodded, his eyes creasing in an understanding grin at the two.. "Aye, they creep most people out in fairness. But they get the job done." he bobbed his head with a half grimace as he thought on those he'd worked with in the past. They were a terrifying group of people, he'd always been glad to be fighting on the same side.

His eyes lifted from his plate as Taliah spoke of his father and he swallowed a mouthful of bread. Had he just found a little common ground? Shame he hated talking about his father, but still, he nodded slowly.. "Aye it was.. I commanded my own team, but I was always going to be outranked." he laughed under his breath and went back to his food as the three conversed, and he gave a small smirk at Christopher's words.

"How did you two meet?.." he asked. It seemed a natural question to ask to show interest and to take the attention off of him, he only hoped they didn't ask him the same question. He'd been truthful so far, but he'd need to draw the line somewhere.

• Devil
Now it was Christopher's turn to grimace and he half choked on the bite of food he had just taken.

"Not my brightest moment," he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly causing his blonde hair to fall about his face. Taliah leaned forward and brushed the strands back with a soft laugh. "Well, you see, I saw her before she saw me. I was smitten. Head over heels, bowl me down with a feather smitten. But she didn't know who I was."

"Poor Mi Amore,"
Taliah laughed under her breath. "The absolute idiot tried to get my attention when I was out on a hunt. He went streaming past me after this Stag but his horse spooked and he ended up being dragged by the stirrup for half a mile before I caught up and managed to slow his horse. Spent six weeks in the infirmary with a broken leg, arm and collarbone, and he said-"

"But so long as you agree to go out with me on one date, at least my heart shan't break,"
Lexi mimed throwing up as her parents stared at one another for a moment. Christopher laughed. "Alright then Squirt, how did you two meet?"

• Popcorn
Cass laughed as he listened, and found himself easing a little more as the atmosphere had thawed considerably. He looked between the two as they spoke, they bounced off one another well and it was obvious they had the sort of relationship that most people would be jealous of. He couldn't help but feel a little envious of Lexi's upbringing, he could only imagine that it'd been a nurturing one, and he was happy that it was, it was just something a little foreign to him.

Of course, the question was returned, and Cassian's skin warmed. He dropped his gaze, trying not to betray his shame, but the question had been directed at Lexi and so he'd leave her to it as he picked at the dried meat on his plate.

• Popcorn
Lexi could feel him tense and she eased herself against him so she rested against his shoulder, squeezed his hand where it was still entwined with hers. She saw no shame in the way they had met but she could understand it from his perspective. He had been drunk, had felt her up, and had just been thrown out of a tavern for sleeping with the innkeepers daughter. Probably not the best impressed one wanted to set for the in-laws. She tugged out the bottle of wine she had seen in one of the baskets and popped the cork with her teeth, earning herself a slight frown from her mother, before pouring herself and Cassian a drink in the provided glass.

"I picked him off the street and threw him into a wall," she watched them over the rim of her glass as she took a sip of her wine.

"Alexandria!" both of her parents exclaimed her name at the same time but with very different tones. Her father fell about laughing and her mother looked horrified.

"I want to say we raised you better than that but looking at your father I am doubting myself," Tahlia shot her husband a warning look and he quickly sobered up and tried to stop his laughter by coughing. "You know you shouldn't use the Gorgons gifts," her mother returned her disapproving stare to her daughter. Lexi shifted uncomfortably.

"I can't help it, they're a part of who I am, mum," she muttered into her glass and took another sip.

"And that didn't scare you off?" Christopher looked at Cassian with a definite mark of respect.

He smiled at her as she leaned and squeezed at his hand, thankful that she was trying to give him comfort whilst he was quite obviously squirming. He took the offered wine and took a sip, but he choked and coughed at her blunt version of events and winced as her parents yelled at her. At least she'd left out some of the other details, but he was certain his cheeks were flushed by the heat he felt in them.

Her father's laughing was once again, welcomed, but her mother seemed positively appalled and Cassian couldn't look at her as he composed himself. Cassian's eyes lifted at the question however and he managed a laugh of his own and shook his head.

"Quite the opposite, actually.. I found it particularly impressive, I ent an easy man to throw." he mused and threw a smirk at Lexi. "Actually the only reason she gave me the time of day was cos of the cat." he laughed under his breath.

• Haha
Christopher paused and then leaned forward and patted Cassian on the shoulder in that sympathetic but proud way of men.

"That, she gets from her mother. It's the horse, then the kids, then me," he sighed theatrically. His words drew Tahlia's anger away from her daughter at the very least and she gave him a dark look which he kissed off her face with a chuckle. "You know it's true, Samson always gets my treats."

"Samson doesn't give me sass like you do,"
she still didn't look particularly happy about the whole thing. "Your daughter is going around throwing men into walls and you have nothing to say to her?" Christopher sighed and turned to his daughter.

"Lexi... I'm extremely proud- OW," he rubbed his arm where Tahlia had punched him. "Look at where she gets it from!" that seemed to give the woman pause and she snatched up her own glass and muttered darkly into it. Taking the opportunity she swiftly moved the conversation on.

"Cass and I were planning on taking a holiday actually, this next week, to Oban. We were going to go see Damien,"
a safe topic of discussion. It seemed to work for Tahlia's eyes lit up.

"Oh that's a wonderful idea, use the townhouse when you go - it's right over the river Cassian it's beautiful, you'll love it. Have you been before?"

• Haha
Cassian smirked at the pat on his shoulder and laughed. He felt a pang of emotion but couldn’t place it, he wasn’t sure whether it was anger or hurt or guilt, but he found himself wishing his father had been at least a little like this man was. He felt at ease in his company, much like he now did with Kain and the boys, but it still felt entirely strange for him to talk to people at all never mind enjoy their company.

As the conversation moved on to Oban, Cassian nodded “Aye, once when I was younger. I always wanted to be a griffin knight, your son is a brave lad.” his brow lifted and he looked down at Red and offered her the slice of meat she’d been pawing at.

“Thank you, for this..” he glanced over the picnic. “Truth be told I was more than a little anxious to meet you both..” he looked to Lexi for a moment and returned his attention to her mother in particular. He had the feeling the woman had made her mind up before meeting him, and usually things just got worse from there..

“I don’ usually make the best impressions...” he admitted though doubted it’d be a surprise to her. “An’ I don’ need anyone else to like me, it won’ change the fact that I love your daughter..Though it’d help, for her sake.. But, I want to be honest. You ent the only ones who know she’s too good for anyone, especially me.. But whether you like me or not I intend on marryin’ her someday, if I’m lucky enough to hold onto her for long enough..”

• Wow