Private Tales Brothels and Broken Things

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"Let's find out!" Lexi clapped her hands together in glee, the same longing Cassian felt reflected in her eye. Even the misty one seemed to swirl with eagerness for release. But before Alec or Cassian could protest, it was Kain who threw an arm out to stop her from getting past him.

"Absolutely not," he scowled, using the whole inch he had on her to draw himself up. "The Doctor told me - you're allowed to walk. Nothing else, not for another month and then it's light exercise."

Lexi gaped at him. Never before had Kain told her no.

"Why don't you come take a swing at them?" he turned instead to Cassian.

Oh dear fuck no..

Cassian's hands oh-so-slowly rose to cover Daphne's fragile ears as he expected an outburst in response to Kain's refusal, his expression a grimace of expectation. But when there was, surprisingly, nothing, he eased.

Kain's offer caused his brow to rise and a fleeting flash of excitement to cross his face, but he schooled his features into something more nonchalant in effort to be more understanding of Lexi's debilitation. "I can wait until we're both fit." he glanced briefly at the woman by his side.

"I trust you can have them ready by then.." he smirked.

• Spoon Cry
Reactions: Lexi Quinzell
Alec tentatively put a hand on Lexi's shoulder, sensing the building explosion incoming. Kain seemed to sense it too. He had worked with Lexi since they were children; he knew full well that silence was never a good sign. So before she could explode at him he quickly plucked Daphne from her carrier and pressed her into Lexi's arms.

"Nonsense! Come on," he grinned, clapping Cassian on the back and then all but dragging him towards the recruits who had paused in their movements to wait nervously to see if their Commander would be joining them. "Cadets, you're in for a real treat today!"

Kain's gambit seemed to have paid off. Lexi's simmering rage had subsided when her daughter was placed in her arms and she let Alec guide her to one of the benches to watch.

• Nervous
Reactions: Cassian
Cassian rubbed at the back of his neck as he accompanied Kain onto the training ground, his throat clearing as he turned to give Lexi a smiled that was still more of a grimace than anything. "She's goin' to beat the shit out of you for that, as soon as she's allowed to.. You know that right?" he murmured.

He grinned at his announcement and casually sized the recruits up as he went to pick up his weapons of choice. His shoulders rolled and his hands grasped the two, wooden short swords as he wandered to the centre.

"They all look a little wet behind the ears.." Cassian commented, noting the anxiety on some of their faces, but they quickly composed their faces in effort to look more determined. "Think they can bring me down?" he challenged with a smirk.

• Frog Eyes
Reactions: Lexi Quinzell
"Oh, I know," Kain shared a grimace with Cassian before turning to the cadets. He would deal with the fall out as soon as the doctor gave her the all clear, which would be for a few months at least. He had time to organise a strategic mission that took him away just as that happened. In the meantime, however, he had no qualms of using the small babe as a metaphorical shield.

He looked back over the cadets and let his lips lift at one side, forming a crooked smile.

"I might have told them a few stories about you," fear could be healthy in certain doses. The cadets had been getting cocky with him, he wanted to see how they did with Cassian. "Brock and Jared. you're up," he nodded to two of the lanky looking lads who nervously stepped forward.

• Smug
Reactions: Cassian
"Stories, eh?.." Cassian cracked his neck from side to side and flourished his swords with a smug grin as he watched the two lads step forward. "Some say I'm a God.. Physically...Sexually.." he looked to Lexi and waggled his brows, then he sighed as though it were the heaviest of burdens to carry.

"It's true. I am, somewhat of an Adonis, but I'm not a God. We all have to have somethin' to aim for." he grinned, and beckoned them forward.

"Anyone gets a kill shot, or manages to bring me down, I'll buy your ale for a month." he offered, piquing their interests. They ran at him, loud and clumsy and instantly clotheslined to the ground. They scrambled to their feet and flanked him..

"Fuck me, Blue Balls, what shite have you been teachin' them?"