Private Tales Brothels and Broken Things

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Lexi choked on her drink.

Tahlia's lips pressed into a thin line as Cassian spoke and her husbands was the mirror image with his growing into a grin. The pair shared a brief look and clearly found the others reaction an affront to their own emotions and for a moment it appeared as if they were having a silent argument. For two people who had spent all those years together it was entirely possible but there was also a small tinge of magical energy in the air that indicated it was more than just a conversation with the eyes.

"It's not that we don't... like you...." Tahlia clearly struggled to get those words out and Christopher went to speak but she held up a hand. "We hardly know you. You seem nice enough, though I could have done without hearing my daughter was paraded through the streets practically naked," her jaw clenched a little and Lexi's face went crimson. "But she's not even entirely... human anymore, nor is she just an ordinary soldier. A whole population relies on her..."

"What, Tay is trying to say Cass is - can you handle that? It's going to be a weight on your shoulders as much as hers and we just want to make sure you know what you're getting yourself into before this goes any further."

"You know I am an adult and I can make my own decisions,"
Lexi's body was growing stiff with her rising anger.

"We know that, darling, but your decisions - your partner - is going to impact all of our lives. Taking away the fact we're your parents as well we're also on your advisory council. This is a concern for more than just us. We just want to hear it from him, whether he thinks he can handle that."

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Cassian
Cassian’s brow quirked at the woman as though he didn’t quite believe that she didn’t like him, and he laughed awkwardly under his breath as he dropped his gaze to rub at the back of his neck. So she had heard about that.

His jaw clenched but he tried to see the fairness in what they were asking rather than being his usual self and telling them to fuck off. It was fair. She was their daughter and she had a lot on her plate as it was.. He pulled in a breath and sighed it out as he looked between them, a firm squeeze given to Lexi’s hand as he felt her anger rise.

“I can handle it.” He assured. “I am an ordinary soldier. She is my commander and she knows I’ll follow her quite literally anywhere. I’ve no intention of hindering her job, I know that is what comes first and I accept that. Whatever your concerns are you needn’t have ‘em, I’ll fight for her and I’d die for her if need be. What else matters?” He asked bluntly.

• Bless
Reactions: Lexi Quinzell
Tahlia seemed to take a moment to work that over in her mind and then she inclined her head.

"Then I am content, as an adviser. As her mother, well you'll never be good enough for my baby girl," her voice was blunt and her face cold but as she lifted her glass and met his eyes over the rim she offered him a crooked smile and there was a playful glint to her gaze.

"I am afraid that's as good as you're ever going to get from her," Chris sighed and helped himself to some more food having somehow managed to get through his mountain already. Lexi relaxed a fraction and leaned her weight back against Cassian with a soft sigh, leaning up to press a kiss to the corner of his lips. It was as openly as she could say thank you to him whilst still with her parents.

"So, how did you find fighting Tryst?" Christopher was clearly buzzing with excitement. "I hear he threw his axe at you."

• Wonder
He let out a breath at the woman's answer, realising it'd meant a little more to him than he thought, and he returned a small smile as he dipped his chin in a nod to the woman. "Oh I know that.. believe me." he assured her as seriously as he could.

Cassian smirked at the man's words and laughed quietly under his breath.. "That's good enough for me." he rumbled and reached to cup Lexi's face and accept the kiss, brushing his thumb across her cheek affectionately with a quiet sigh. He felt a little more relaxed..

"He did, aye.. Almost cut me in two.." Cassian laughed as the topic changed to Tryst. "I realised quite soon into that fight that he fully intended on killin' me if I wasn't up to the task of fightin' him. I really didn' have much choice other than to win.. The barrel to the chest hurt though I'll give him that..." he grinned.

• Love
Lexi busied herself with feeding Red some pieces of meat and after a while even Tahlia hesitantly asked to pet the kitten. It didn't take long for the two women to have shifted closer together to lavish all of their attention on the small bundle of ginger fur. With their heads bent that close together it was hard to deny the family resemblance.

"Oh man I wish I could have seen that," Christopher laughed and stretched out his own legs then bent one casually to lean his elbow against. "When I first met him I had just picked Alexandria up and thrown her round and he thought I was attacking her," there was a mad grin on his face. "Damn giant picked me up by my foot and threw me into the ground like I was some kind of rag doll. The fact you're not dead was what convinced me you must at least be a decent fighter."

"Sometimes I surprise even myself.." he mused and shook his head.

He sighed and helped himself to an apple as he watched the two women fuss over Red. Things hadn't gone as badly as he'd feared that they would, he hoped he'd done enough to avoid any further questions that they wouldn't enjoy the answers to, and contented himself with sharing battle experiences with her father. They each impressed the other with their stories, and shared a similar sense of humour to the point that they both cried real tears of laughter.

"Aeleanora did put me on my arse though. That woman is terrifyin'.." he whistled with a small smirk at Lexi .. "She has a strong team on her side.. I went out on my own after I left Vel Anir, din't think I'd ever find any real purpose again." he rubbed at the back of his neck.. "But they whipped me back into shape." he chuckled.

• Popcorn
"Your father is smitten," Tahlia commented quietly as the two men were clutching at each other and crying tears of laughter over some story or other. Lexi smiled to see them in such a way then turned her eyes to her mother as a hand came up to cup her cheek. "And I see he is not the only one," she only managed to hold her mothers gaze for a moment or two before she shyly looked down at Red who had rolled onto her back and was batting at a strand of her mothers longer hair.

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you when you said I would love again," a smile creased Tahlia's cheeks at her daughters words and she placed a kiss atop her head with a happy sigh then gathered her into her arms.

"It's nice to see you happy again, Alexandria."

"Can you try to not kill him please?"

"I promise to try,"
and the two shared a laugh when she caught Cassian's look and the tail end of what he was saying.

"Oh Aeleanora is terrifying," Chris nodded with a frown. "Her father was a Master in the Ways of the Water he called it - that's the method she uses. It's a real work out you should try one of his courses if you get the time."

"The White Ravens have a bit of a reputation for taking in the wayward and dusting them off. I don't know if Lexi has told you much about our family, but my parents and Chris's were strays too."

Cassian laughed quietly over his cup of wine as Chris agreed with him, and he turned his attention back to Taliah as she spoke to him. "Is that so? Your family were from Oban, righ'?" he asked with another sip. He'd be careful not to drink too much, or as fast as he usually did, he was sipping at the wine like normal people did.

• Bless
Tahlia nodded with a small smile.

"My parents filled Damien's head with stories about the Griffin riders - it's actually their old house we stay in when we visit now," she ran a hand down Red's head as the kitten nudged at her for the food in her hand before passing it over dutifully.

"My folks are from over in the Spine - a dragon burnt their village down and they were wandering aimlessly till they came across the White Ravens who took them in. They just never left."

He nodded as he listened "It's a beautiful place, I'm looking' forward to the visit." he smiled with a look to Lexi. He winced a little as Chris spoke of dragons, he'd never seen one before, but he didn't much care to admit that in front of them.

"That's rough... I'd been wanderin' myself for a few years before they finally found me. Took their damned time." he smirked with a wink at Lexi.

"I keep telling you, it was Red. Shoulda got the kitten earlier," Lexi returned his smirk with a warm smile of her own. She couldn't quite put into words just how much it meant to her that he had agreed to even come with them on this picnic, let alone that he was getting along with her parents. Well, at least with her dad.

The four continued to chat about this and that, politely staying away from subjects which might become more awkward; politics, religion, the past. It was only when she sky was beginning to darken and the sun appeared to finally be preparing to set did Christopher stand up and stretch.

"Alright, I think we've used up our one day allowance for the month Tay, let's leave the kids alone," Lexi laughed under her breath. She had actually been falling asleep against Cassian almost; the nap on the ship hadn't helped the fact she had barely slept all night and she was beginning to feel it having sat in the sun all day with food and wine. She stood to help the others pack away - not that there was much left - then gave them bid them both farewell. Tahlia dotted her face in kisses and Christopher picked her up in a bear hug.

"it was lovely to meet you," Tahlia actually smiled and when she bid him farewell she gave him a hug instead of a handshake, and Christopher parted ways with a slap on his back and a promise of a duel at some time in the future. The two then saddled up and started off towards the river to go and see Mitch as they had promised him earlier.

Alone, Lexi breathed out and put her hands behind her head and turned to Cassian.

"Well, you survived," she bit her bottom lip as she smiled.

Cass shot a grin at Lexi and rolled his eyes to then look at Chris and shake his head "Y'see?.." he huffed quietly. "The cat does have far better charm though, I'll give her that." he lifted a shoulder in a shrug.

He hadn't expected the hug from Lexi's mother, and for a moment he failed to hide the shock of it before he returned it with a small smile.. "Aye, and you Tahlia." he looked down at her and gave her an appreciative nod. Cass agreed to arrange the duel and bid Chris farewell with a pat on the back also before wrapping an arm around Lexi's shoulders and watching them go.

They seemed to breathe out at the exact same time and Cassian laughed. "Aye... Always knew I would lass. Parents love me, din't I tell you that?.." he looked down at her with a wink before scooping the woman up into a hug and pulling her straight off of her feet to bury his face into the crook of her neck and kiss at her skin now that he had the freedom to do so.

• Love
"That is definitely not wha-" she squealed as he whisked her off her feet and her arms wrapped around his neck out of instinct more than anything else. Laughter rumbled in her chest as she buried her face into the crook of his neck as he did the same to her. Lexi just breathed him in with a happy sigh. They seemed to stay like that for what felt like hours. Happy hours.

"Thank you for doing this for me," she leaned back a little to look at him, her hands coming up to gently cup his face. "I can't tell you how much it means that my mum is not going to try and kill you on holidays," her lips curved into a small smile.

"Now I believe... I promised I would do anything with you tonight. So what would you like to do," her fingers ran down to his chest.

• Love
His cheeks dimpled as he clearly enjoyed her praise, giving him the look of a proud puppy who’d been awarded a pat on the head for sitting on command. “It wasn’ as bad as I expected..” he admitted with a grin “Your father is far from what I imagined.. you have good parents, lass.” he nodded, and he felt the weight lift from his shoulders as they’d both seemed to have accepted him..

He laughed at her reminder of her promises and gazed his lips against hers. “Whatever you want.. My nights used to be copious amounts of whisky, pit fights and..other things I ent proud of.. Now I just want you.” he gave a quiet, throaty groan.. “I think.. I’m gettin’ old, lass...”

• Haha
Lexi couldn't help the bubble of laughter as he spoke about her father. It was actually the mistake a lot of people made before they met her parents.

"Thought he was going to come at you with a sharp knife hm?" her eyebrows raised before he leaned down to brush his lips against hers. She gave him a taste of her smile as she returned the gesture. Loving gentle caresses and kisses shared under the setting sun. The warmth was pleasant against her back and her hair swayed on the breeze.

"I resent the idea settling down with me is making you old," she brushed her nose against his then turned it to the side as she ran her lips across his skin. "But I am absolutely shattered so a night in by the fire sounds perfect to me. I will need to sort out a few things if we're leaving for Oban tomorrow anyway."

• Love
“Too fuckin’ right, I’d do the same if some Anirian ex military drunkard had his hands all over my daughter.” he laughed and captured her lower lip between his teeth.

“Yer mother though..” he winced slightly. “Still not entirely sure she won’t hunt me down..” he smirked.

As she spoke of ‘settling down’, Cassian’s grin widened and his dimples appeared once more. “That’s exactly what it means. An’ I’ve never been so happy to be old now I know I have you to look after me an’ bring me fresh ale, lass..” he mused and squeezed playfully at her ribs.

A night in by the fire sounded perfect and he threw her over his shoulder to lead her back to her horse, giving another slap on her arse for good measure.

• Love
Someone was in a very good mood, Lexi laughed softly as he nipped and tugged on her lower lip. It stirred a warmth much lower down than the love she felt form him right now caused by the way he had handled her parents sudden appearance. She wouldn't deny her mother would hunt him down though and merely gave him a slightly apologetic look for what would no doubt one day come. Though if she hadn't killed him after hearing about the story of him carrying her through the streets in nowt but a towel she was curious to see what it would take for her to draw her blade.

"When did I become you-" she was cut off once more by being thrown over his shoulder and she gave a sharp cry which quickly turned into laughter. Oh but who didn't like to be thrown? "I would just like to remind you this behaviour was what nearly got you killed by my mother. She's only gone a little way, I bet I could call her back - MUM!"

• Haha
Cassian pinched at her arse as she yelled "Fuck, Lex! The woman terrifies me!" he laughed and set her down at her horse to pull her into a deep kiss. He was in a good mood. It'd seemed that all manner of worries, past or future had melted away and he existed only in the here and now, with her..

Back at her apartment, Cassian quickly got to work on lighting the fire and settling some cushions and blankets on the floor in front of it. He lit candles too, he was feeling particularly romantic. Red quickly claimed her cushion and curled up into a ginger ball. He'd sit Lexi down before fetching a bottle of wine and two cups and settling himself down next to her.

"How am I doin' lass?.." he grinned as he poured the wine..

• Love
Lexi was trying to wrap her head around this whole new person three little words had apparently unwrapped. It was like he had been tense and now he had finally let out that breath and relaxed around her fully. When they had gotten back to the apartment and he had set about organising the vision he had in his mind for their evening by the fire, Lexi had attempted to attack some of the pile of papers on her desk. She was half way through when he proudly entered the room and half picked her up by her shoulders and guided her out.

She was still holding a few letters in her hands as she was sat down.

"This is..." she looked around the transformed livingroom with a smile and set the letters down. "This is beautiful, Cassian," she leaned across and drew him to her in a slow and deep kiss.

• Love
As soon as she'd spoken those words to him, that he knew she was his, his insecurities had seemed to melt away, and since meeting her parents and knowing they weren't trying to convince her to ditch him, his confidence was roaring. She loved him, and there was nobody in her immediate circle who disapproved. Perhaps things could work out alright for him, perhaps he didn't need to fuck it up.

He laughed against her lips and melted into it with a slow breath, his hand running into her hair to comb it back from her face. He loved it when she kissed him like that, it was never just a kiss, she always had a way of pouring her emotions into it and he fed on them until his heart swelled. He broke the kiss and let his lips graze over hers for a moment longer. He'd noticed the letters in her hands, but he wouldn't manhandle her work, they had days off to look forward to, and he had to accept she may have other things to do..

"You're beautiful." he smirked at her, an almost shy smile on his face. "And I love you." he reasoned.

• Love
"I love you too," Lexi hummed the words against his lips then pressed another soft kiss to his lips before looking down at the papers in her hands. "I know I said I would do anything you wanted this evening, I just need a few more minutes to finish these. I lost three men on a mission and I need to write to their families," it was one of her least favourite things about her job but she refused to let anyone lower do it. People needed to know their loved ones deaths were felt all the way to the top. They needed to know that even though the Raven died, that they were still there to be family for them.

She had brought her quill with her and she settled against him to begin scratching out her letters. She chewed on her lower lip as she wrote, occasionally asking if she could read him a sentence to make sure it sounded right before correcting it or continuing on her way. Her handwriting soon filled the page three times over and she set them to the side. When she ran a hand through her hair she smeared ink against her skin.

And there was the stupid grin against her lips again as she loved him back..It was still so new and he knew it’d never get old. He frowned and pressed a tender kiss to her forehead as she spoke "Of course, lass.". He didn't envy her a task like that. He poured the wine, played with Red and massaged Lexi's shoulders as she wrote. He'd sat himself against the cushions behind her, his legs at either side and was working on a knot in the crook of her neck when she finished her work. Strong arms wrapped around her as she set the letters aside, and he let his lips graze the side of her neck.

He wasn't sure if he'd ever had a more relaxing moment. Every time he thought about it there was always another moment, and then another, but as he breathed her in and listened to the cracking of burning wood and knew they had days ahead for just the two of them, he exhaled a deep and contented sigh and smiled.

• Love
It tore at a bit of her heart every time she had to write one of those letters and despite the mood of the room they had darkened her mind a little. Yet, as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her tighter against his chest she felt the pain ease just a little bit. She let her head drop back against his shoulder as she picked up her own glass of wine and sipped at it, content to just take a moment to detach herself from her work again, to enjoy the moment with him and not linger on the piles of work she had to do. Farah had assured her that it could all wait and that the other Generals would be able to handle things in her weeks long absence but she still found it hard to let go.

It had been so long since she had had a reason to let go.

"You're not going to try and ride one of these Griffins when we get to Oban are you?"
the image that was coming to mind was an amusing one and she knew her little brother would only encourage it.

Cassian muffled a laugh into the crook of her neck at the question and he settled his chin on her shoulder. "I'd have said aye, lass.. But honestly since bein' up in that riggin', I ent honestly sure I have the balls for it." he laughed, and groaned quietly.. He knew if it was a challenge he wouldn't turn it down, fear or not, and it'd been a long standing, childish wish to fly.. "But.. lets just say, if the opportunity arose, I could be persuaded.." he mused and bit gently at her neck.

"Are you sure you want to do this?.." he asked delicately. He'd suggested it to further prove his own commitment to her, to meet her brother and give her the chance to visit him and settle her anxieties. But he was trying not to be selfish and give understanding to the work she had to leave behind to go away with him. It was her main fear, that he couldn't handle it, and he was determined to eliminate those fears if he could. "I don' want you to feel pressure, lass."

• Love
"Damien hasn't graduated yet so I guess I'm safe from seeing my boyfriend and my brother disappear into the skies on some wild adventure," she laughed as he kissed and bit her neck, her head automatically tilting to allow him more skin to roam. There was still a few bruises and red marks from the previous night when they had been in the throws of confusion, anger and love. She didn't mind them in the least, though she had kept them covered when they had been around her parents. They didn't need more judging.

"What?" there was surprise in his voice as he asked whether she wanted to go away. She had been sat in between his legs but she turned now, sliding her legs so that she ended up straddling his lap. Carefully Lexi set her wine down behind his head and then wrapped her arms around his neck. "Cassian there is nothing I have wanted more for the past... seven years of my life. I would say longer but when I was 18 I really wanted a unicorn," she rested her forehead against his. "I just have trouble... letting go of my work. I know my Generals are there to help with the workload but I haven't had a reason to leave before. This is the first time since I've been a Commander I've taken a break."

• Love