Private Tales among friends

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Gaia knelt besides the wise women whom was awake, settling herself to her knees as she reached out for the woman's hands gently. Her natural instinct told her the women were not well.

"my dear there you are, i saw this meeting last night. im sorry we wont be here for your marriage ceremony trust me when i say your life with la will be challenging but fruitful you are destined to be happy in the end"

Gaia simply nodded, not wanting to discuss the obvious with the notably ill female. She forced a smile.

"I will do my best to make sure the people are happy and well for a very long time" she said softly as her eyes wandered to the sister whom slept before she looked back to the woman who's hands she held... she felt tension in her throat, she hardly knew this woman yet she felt the sting of wanting to cry hitting her like a stampede. She took a slow breath to calm herself.

the old woman smiled

"do not worry child its just time for us to join the darkness and rest for eternity thats the destiny of all that live and die its nothing to be sad about" she gripped gaia's harder but her hand was shakey "our eldest sister was our strength she kept us alive these past few years as my sister and i became ill from old age, with her soul returning to the darkness so must ours it is the way of things"

she looks sternly at her

"we have one last duty before we leave tonight my sister will stand before our people and declare you a god our word will be heeded the people will trust you do not worry about our customs your words will become law you are destined to-to-" she sighed taking in deep labored breaths " to unite the three races of lionmen that exists on this plain" she gasped her grasp on gaias hand slacked and the old woman fell asleep.

Gaia sat there, in silence for a long few minutes, holding the woman's hands even after they'd gone lifeless as she fell back asleep. She sighed and gently put her hands on her stomach before standing quietly, ears drooped against her skull as she headed out of the door to find La once more. When she got to his tent she stepped in quietly.

"I am back love..." She said lightly as she moved to his side, wrapping her arms around him lightly from behind, above his shoulders, moving to tilt her head and bury her burning eyes into his mane gently.

the general sat behind his desk working on some sort of letter, they spoke common but seem to only write in there language, he pulled away from his work to kiss gaia back.

"im working on some orders there's a bit of paperwork involved with organizing a tribunal. i have to order most of my guard to secrecy and send letters sealed and un readble to most."

he finishes a letter and seals it with a wax seal pushing his seal into the wax.

the side of the tent has a small opening that the general pushes the scroll through the shadow of a guard could be seen picking it up and running off

"the former mates of the king have sent me a request to have them give you something called a make over? whats that supposed to mean? anyways it seems they wanna make you more godly for the tribunal." he bigins writing again trying to concentrate on whatever he was working on

She nodded. "A make over is to make me look, clean and beautiful. " she shrugged, she didn't see the point as she already had a mate, but she would go along with it.

"The wise women are dying... they will not live long enough to see us wed...." she said softly, awaiting a reply as she hugged him close, moving to drag her tongue lovingly between his ears.

"Are you sure you want to be king....?"

he sighed and frowned as he continued to write letters,

"i found the report of there health on my desk this morning as for being king, my father told me something before we left the home land, 'leadership is sometimes bestowed it is up to the man to make it his curse or his destiny' he had made sure i would become a general, his pull with the king was great. perhaps his words meant more, more than he knew" he scribbled some more words on his scroll. he gave her a pecking kiss.

"you showed meet with the mates of our king. he has 4 wives so you will be taken care of, i need to organize a few things make sure they feed you dont worry about asking for food they would head your command if you asked for the flesh of the rarest bird anything you need just ask" he kissed her once more looking to gaias eyes shortly before continuing his work

She was to nervous to think about eating. She smiled faintly and pulled away to leave.

"I will find them love" She said softly as she stepped back out into the light, looking around. She headed to the kings tent, assuming they'd be there, unsure where they actually were.

She ducked into the tent that she thought was the kings slowly, cautiously and looked round slowly.

" Ladies?"

the four women were looking over trinkets and things on the tables in the tent their were racks set up with clothes and fabrics in them. one of the servants who were standing in the tent bowed the other two did the same.

one of the women turned and saw gaia.

"her emences is here" she said a excitedly.

the kings mates seemed young at least 18 to 20 years old.

the other three began arranging things. the fourth approaches gaia

" my future queen and current god, we have brought many things for you to choose from, your beauty is divine but only your mate the future king should see it, you must dress we are here to dress you"

she pointed to a table with silk fabrics.

some were blue others read some white and a few shades of green.

"these are to be your under garments choose a collor you like if it is n
ot here we will have it made for you"

She looked to the women quietly...

"What is La's favorite color?" She asked softly, unsure. She was not much into fashion, so it did not matter to her, though the red would likely show off her grey spotted pelt the best. She looked to the females... they were so young, and the king so much older. She shook her head slightly as the dream she'd had flickered through her mind.

"I think red may be best..." she said as she stepped to the fabrics, running her fingers over them slowly, feeling them with the pads of her paws.

the woman picks up the bolt of fine silk and hands it to her sister wife who gives gaia a bow before going over to a tailor bench and find a measuring strip.

"may i take your measurements my lady" once given permission

she begins measuring gaia's waist thigh's arms and neck as well as her head.

the woman makes notes of each measurement and hurry's back to the bench. there is a crude looking sewing machine made into the table she begins sewing and mending making a dress carefully and expertly

the woman before smiled and pulled out a box from a shelf. she opened it presenting it to gaia.

inside were about 10 different crystals all different colors, they glowed slightly even the black color had a dark hew

"i would suggest the black and white and red colors these will be used in the making of your crown those colors signifie the darkness the light and the fire of the devils that war above but choose what colors speak to you my lady"

she hands the box to gaia.

She tilted her head as she watched them quietly. Moving as they went to measure her,, lifting her arms, twisting and moving however they needed her too. She was extremely nervous, her nerves beginning to get the better of her, making her nauseous. She looked to the crystals in awe as they were shown to her, turning her eyes to the female showing them.

"I will do the colors you suggest...." She said softly as she ran her finger over one cautiously.

She looked to them all quietly as they moused around preparing things.... she still was unsure why such young females married such an old male... she wondered if he was capable of giving children still... but did not ask as it was rude to do so. Instead she bit the inside of her lip while they worked

as she touched the strange glowing stones they seemed to darken the room, gaia could see darkness wafting off the women and flowing into the stone that in turn gave gaia a jolt of energy and power the wives of the king looked at her carefully butt took there eyes off her as if ashamed to look at her, there fur rising in fear

the woman who presented the stones thanked her weakly for choosing her suggestion

she set the stones into a cloth bag and went to the tents opening sending it off with a guard.

she clasped her hands and bowed before speaking.

"is there anything else you need while we wait, i have sent the stones off to be crafted into the crown you will were during tribunal, they are made to empower you for our strength is yours to take" she bowed once more holding the bow longer this time

The room darkened slightly as she touched the stones, the women seemed to seep shadows which proceeded to flow into the stones. A jolt of energy tore through her, making her flinch slightly as the wives looked away as if ashamed. She frowned a little, hating that they felt lower than her, this was not something she wanted and this would change.

The woman who'd made the suggestions thanked her meakly as she set the stones in a bag and sent them off "is there anything else you need while we wait, i have sent the stones off to be crafted into the crown you will were during tribunal, they are made to empower you for our strength is yours to take"

Gaia lowered her hand and lifted the female up from her bow. "please... you need not lower yourself to me, especially in private. I do not know what I need... I know nothing of your ways... I look to you for advice..." She said softly.

she smiles. "even in private you are still my god" she walks over to a shelf and puts the rest of the stones away.

"if i want to join the darkness one day the least i can do is bow to their child." she says sweetly. looking startled suddenly by a thought.

"oh my forgive me we have not introduced our selves. my name is ra,dac. this is my sister lie' dac" she points to the closest woman who is working folding some fabric.

"that's ray'are and over there on the sewing table is lay'are. they are also sisters, the king wanted pairs as his mates and he wanted us to take both his last and first name but you may call us by our first names soon we will declare the stripping of our lasts names and hopefully take on new mates"

she scurrys over to some light see through strips of fabric.

"anyways your face will be covered during tribunal, these fabrics you can see through but people will not see you pick any color you wish" she lays the clear silky fabric down on the table for her

She did what they requested, none of it made much sense, but it made them happy for her to follow their traditions and such, it made no matter to her. She smiled faintly as they introduced themselves and nodded, keeping her mouth shut about her opinion of the multiple mates. It was obviously ok in their family, she wouldn't question it since this one didn't involve her.

Then they mentioned the fave covering and she just stood there dumbfounded, but said nothing. She just grabbed one and handed it to the female, it was black. She was ready to go now, her patience for all of this draining rapidly. She was tired and this was not helping.

the woman on the sewing table giggled in excitement, she had finished the dress which was more of a robe than anything else but it was still pretty. she had some how finished it in no time and she even sewed in diamonds on the hems.

she dances over to gaia helping her get it on. it fit her perfectly as if on cew a guard came in with a gold cornett lay'are. takes it to a table were her sister sat patiently the sister began carefully cutting the gems with some sort of tiny chisel and mallet she took the smallest stones and shaped them setting them into the cornett she presented it to her sister who set it in a velvet lined box.

"along with our new king you also will be crowned the first female with power over men and gods perhaps a good change in leader ship is the answer to our prayers" she smiled and shut the box. "however its not my place to wonder" she set the box on a shelf.

she then helps gaia back out of the dress

they all bow and say in unison

"thankyou for giving us your holy time"

ra'dac the first woman to greet gaia opened the tent flap for her.

"tribunal happens at high noon, till then a guard will be by your side for protection" a guard that was standing outside saluted gaia

"your eminence ive been briefed on your status i pray that i can serve you to your satisfaction and if need be die for you in the line of duty" she says bowing slightly but not much. " you may go about the camp i shall follow"

Overwhelmed.... that was all that explained how she was feeling. She stood there, doing as was requested, trying things on and giving answers to the questions imposed on her, but she didn't realty think much through. She was tired and this was all way more then she'd ever been tasked with. She was a slave, raised as one and now she was some goddess ... it was too much.

She was assigned a guard and she groaned internally as the female bowed, vowing to serve her and follow her everywhere. She just wanted to go to La's tent and curl up with him and relax, not do all this. She forced a smile to the female and headed to La's tent to see if he happened to be there. She stepped in quietly, her eyes scanning for him

the general was not in his quarters, howver it seemed to have been cleaned a silky black carpet had been added to the bottom of the tent were dirt had been before

beside gaias bed were 3 books with common language on the front the top one read 'into the darkness cub edition" there was a polished mirror made of silver that almost perfectly reflected its surroundings, it was also another new edition to the tent.

He was not here, she sighed internally, just wanting to spend a few moments with him but instead she found herself moving to her bed and laying down tiredly. She stretched out on her back, grabbing a book, looking to it and opening it curiously.

It wasn't long into it that she fell asleep, the book resting on her chest. Her brain felt fried, so much change in her quiet little slave life she couldn't wrap her mind around it all. Her mind needed this few moments of shut down time to be able to refocus her energy for whatever the day brought her.

the book was a simple picture book, the first page was a depiction of the 3 lionmen the words read 'three brothers who were once kin" the second page showed those lionmen fighting with spears and claw. the next caption said

"who were once brothers are now enemy's"

looking at the detail of the pages made gaia fall asleep before she could think to turn another page.

she slept deeply for several hours in her dreams were only visions, they dipited the end of the former king, she saw his death and his judgment but could not remember the whole dream as the feeling of a paw on her drew her from her slumber, her guard was shacking her softy awake

"im sorry your eminence but the tribunal is about to begin you must wake your emenances its time to get ready" she says gently but urgently

Her eyes parted to see her guard. She felt quite a bit better. Not amazing but better over all. She yawned slightly as she closed the book and set it back down as she moved to stand.

"Thank you... " she said softly as she smoothed her fur and regathered her senses. She smiled faintly, looking to her guard for guidance on the next steps since her mate was not here besides her.

"Well, let's get this party started..." she said softly as she forced a smile, ready now, after her nap, to take on whatever today threw at her.

"of course your eminence." she bows before leading her back to the kings quarters. only one of the sister wives was present.

"hello your eminence lets get you into your dressings" she gins helping gai into her dress and vaile

"the crown will be awarded to you after the tribunal" she smiles and bows.

the guard begins to lead gaia from the tent to the stage like structure the vail is barely see through the blackness and shades of the cloth obstruct most of her surroundings

the guard leads her to the stage and up the steps helping her sit in a cushioned throne of sorts

on the left side of her cushioned throne was a larger throne general la's scent wafts from the chair and though she can barly see his form was clear.

on each side of them were 3 chairs with the other generals sitting in there seats. only hers adorned cushions. her throne though smaller than the generals was shiny covered in gems and lined with gold.

it shone brightly in the high noon sun. the crowd seemed confused murmuring could be heard as well as the sounds on children playing. now that everyone was gathered in full including the guards and soldiers the sheer volume of purebloods was clear. nearly 230 healthy purebloods were standing in attendance a few were injured from the battle before but sat up from there cots in awe at the spectacle

the old wise woman stood in front of gaia and the general facing towards the crowd

she rose her arms.

"people of the darkness i call to you, i beg you to head my words and take them as truth for they are given to me from the gods, king dac'are has committed too many sins to be aloud to further rule the gods have cast away there shadows from him and he has been exposed to the light, the gods have sent us there child, for the first time in history they have created life that life has ruled the king unworthy, the gods will speaks from her therefore we must head her ruling"

she bellows into the crowd. the crowd had become silent hanging onto every word that left her maw she pauses clearing her throat.

"our god is before us in flesh and blood as well as spirit"

she walks to gaia and lifts her veil

"bow before your god"

she bellows loudly

the purebloods looked confused for a moment until the other generals began to growl.

one by one the members of the tribe bowed as they were told averting their eyes from gaia.

the general looked into the distance stoically grabbing gaias hand gently. he was shaking a bit.

"together we will make our people whole again" he whispers to her turning his head and looking at her, worry was in his eyes but he looked away quickly squeezing gaias hand slightly once more.

the general had a black crystal gaia had not been able to make out before. it was glues to the middle of his forehead

the wise woman began to speak once more.

"this morning my sister joined the darkness, i shall do the same soon. i ask that you trust me when i say her eminence will one day lead us to salvation and peace" she pauses and locks eyes with gaia walking to her and pulling the veil back over her face

"dont worry my child i shall live for many more weeks, i will guide you in spirit even after i join the darkness, but before then i shall teach you how to be a lady of darkness" she whispers quickly into her ear before kissing her softly on the head and turning to adress the crowd once more.

"this tribunal will now commence raise your head and look upon the sinner that will soon stand before this holy tribunal"

she nods to some guards who drag the king from behind the stage. he looked weak and frail, he even stumbled a bit as the guards led him to center stage.

he glared at gaia the entire time.

"

"together we will make our people whole again"

La said, turning his head to look at her before looking away. She nodded faintly, having noticed the crystal curious about it but saying nothing as the wise woman again began to speak

"this morning my sister joined the darkness, i shall do the same soon. i ask that you trust me when i say her eminence will one day lead us to salvation and peace"

The woman moved to her, sliding the veil back over her face,, locking eyes with her as she did so.

"dont worry my child i shall live for many more weeks, i will guide you in spirit even after i join the darkness, but before then i shall teach you how to be a lady of darkness" the old one whispered into her ear before speaking again.
"this tribunal will now commence raise your head and look upon the sinner that will soon stand before this holy tribunal"

The guards drug the king out, his eyes on her. She eyed La... she hated every aspect of this... she was no judge and certainly no executioner. She clenched her jaw as his eyes bores into her though she knew he could not see her through the veil.

"I do not agree with this... I hate it..." she whispered so only La would hear.

the king faced the generals the guards force him to his knees kicking him from behind causeing his legs to buckle.

the old woman nods at the generals before sitting in her chair on the lower part of the stage.

general la clears his throat.

"you all know me, you know me to be moral and loyal to the crown, the fact that i sit with my brothers in arms against the king should be enough to know that i do not rebel for my own gain but the gain for all our people.
last night we had a battle, your king was supposed to talk with the savages they requested peace under our laws however the king plotted the death of the commander of the savages despite there legal request for talks to begin, he made sure that our god and me his best warrior was not near the battle, he acted cowardly and cost the lives of loved ones needlessly, the gods have deemed him unworthy as well as the men under him. today we decide our kings fate all here will have a voice let us begin."

he nods to one of the generals who stands and reads from a scroll its a list of offences from the past fifty years, the list seems long and he just drones on for nearly 30 minutes ounce he was finished he ordered those from the crowd to give there statements and complaints to the kings actions in the last 20 years nearly everyone had something negative to say most wished the king didn't make them leave family in the home land. children were even given a voice and they spoke of nightmares of the king

this took 2 hours

once everyone had said something general la rose his hand to quiet the now murmuring crowd

"i general la king candidate have heard your plights and wishes it is time the accused say something on his own behalf." he turns to the king

"my lord i apologies for this but i must ask you what is your defence? how can you convince us that you should continue to be king are the peoples words true? have you gone mad with your power.
the king raised his head looking at la with hatred.

"i did what was best for this tribe" he growled, "those that have died are blessed by darkness, follow la and all are doomed our ways cast aside and devils allowed in our midsts follow me and though many will die there sacrifice will mean the death of all those that oppose our ways we could become supreme or we could parish it is up to the generals and the people..." he looks at gaia as if staring through her veil 'however i refuse to willingly give away the blessing of eternal rule you will have to rip it from my body and end my life instantly."

general la whispers to gaia "if he willingly gives it he lives at least a year after but if we force the blessing out its an execution"

he turns to the king.

"is that all you have to say in your defence before the gods and the people?" the king nods.

general la stands as does the other generals. he extends a hand to gaia helping her to her feet.

"we shall speak in private and give our ruling in one hour" he bellows to the crowd.

the generals all go to a large tent that had been set up a few yards from the stage

inside there were 8 chairs around a table the generals seemed surprised as they sat down general la helped gaia to another padded seat that was beside the generals wooden throne also cushioned.

he cleared his throat.

"gaia shall voice her thoughts first then if there are questions or arguments i shall decide who speaks next, this quick change in leadership is going to be hard first we must decide the fate of our soon to be former king" he nods toward gaia

the generals look on quietly