Private Tales among friends

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
the king couphed looking dumbfounded.

"but i am a god" he gasps.

general la pushes the king by the arm causing the king to stumble back loosing his footing on the hill. he falls backwards and down the hill the steep incline causing him to roll all the way to the bottom. startles guards attempt to help him but general la roars at them.

"the king has been judged by the gods revive him and bind his magic, i want around the sun watch on him"

the guards seem confused but do as the general says, i few seem almost happy to place a binding collar on the king. a similar artifact that gaia had worn most her life

he looks to gaia. an whispers in her ear

"killing him outright would only upset the people a public trial will have to be set" he turns to the shocked generals.

"do any of you question your gods judgment?" the other generals kneal to gaia in submission.

"the king will be held to tribunal tomorrow if her eminence still feels his crimes are fit for execution then so it will be"

he puts his arm around gaia and leads her back down the hill

"the generals will fall in line, they fear you. a little fear is healthy for the mind sometimes, tomorrow the people will both fear and respect you in the same way. the only way for this tribunal to be legitimate is telling the people of your status as a child of the gods, they wont question a kings tribunal if you are the one who commenced it normally it would take a vote of all the generals but im sure one god is good enough." he said seeming a bit worried about the situation

"but i am a god"

She watched La push him, then order thr guards to help the king, heal and bind him once he'd rolled down the hill. She did not disagree "the king has been judged by the gods revive him and bind his magic, i want around the sun watch on him"

La leaned in, whispering into her ear and she found herself leaning back slightly into him, feeling his chest against her shoulders "killing him outright would only upset the people a public trial will have to be." he pulled away and looked to the other Generals who kneeled before her. "Do any of you question your gods judgment? The king will be held to tribunal tomorrow if her eminence still feels his crimes are fit for execution then so it will be"

La put his arms around her and the feeling soothed the anger in her and she leaned against him lightly asnhe lead her back down the hill, letting him speak. "the generals will fall in line, they fear you. a little fear is healthy for the mind sometimes, tomorrow the people will both fear and respect you in the same way. the only way for this tribunal to be legitimate is telling the people of your status as a child of the gods, they wont question a kings tribunal if you are the one who commenced it normally it would take a vote of all the generals but im sure one god is good enough."

" I intended on healing him... I was not going to let him die, I just intended on letting him realize... he could die." She said softly "I'd like to let him live if possible...." the anger and adrenalin fading she felt the exhaust hit her again.... a bath would be great and rest but something felt unsafe... she eyed La slightly, hoping she could stay close to him for the night, he helped her feel safe.

general la looked sternly at her
"that wouldn't have fazed him the king has died may times within his life we have always revived him the only reason he lives is because the tribe needs him, he holds all knowledge of our past the blessing bestowed upon him by the king before him allow him to read the holy texts only he can read the books anyone else would only see jumbled nonsense, bestowing the blessing unfortunately always results in the death of the former king, all his power and all his abilities are transferred and he is left a withered shell."

he looks sadly at gaia.

"if you wish to dethrone him his life must be forfeited"

the general leads her to his quarters.

inside were two large cots and of course some books.

"im unsure if you want to but id feel better if you stayed with me from now on im your attendant after all i need to protect you, to the death if need be"

he smiles a bit renfrensing that young savages comments on who he was

General La looked to her sternly as he spoke, she listened intently, her steely blue eyes wandering from his own eyes down along the features of his face curiously. "that wouldn't have fazed him the king has died may times within his life we have always revived him the only reason he lives is because the tribe needs him, he holds all knowledge of our past the blessing bestowed upon him by the king before him allow him to read the holy texts only he can read the books anyone else would only see jumbled nonsense, bestowing the blessing unfortunately always results in the death of the former king, all his power and all his abilities are transferred and he is left a withered shell."

His features turned sad as he advised "if you wish to dethrone him his life must be forfeited" and he lead her to his personal quarters. She looked to the cots quietly then back to him "im unsure if you want to but id feel better if you stayed with me from now on im your attendant after all i need to protect you, to the death if need be"

She nodded softly as she looked to the books silently before replying. "I will stay in here with you... it would make me feel better as well...." She said softly as she looked back to him with a gentle, tired smile.

general la sat in his cot. the cots were huge compared to gaia and covered in soft furs. the general picked up a book and opened it to were he left off and began to read. he frowned a bit as he did. he looked up from the book at gaia.

"feel free to sleep ill get to sleep after a few chapters"

he says as he lays on his back half sitting up as he reads the book. it had strange symbols on it and seemed old but well kept.

She eyed him slightly as he settled into his cot. She swallowed dryly as she nodded and moved to lay slowly down on the other cot, back to him.. He kept reading as she settled in tiredly, but she could not get comfortable.

She sighed softly and moved to stand and moved to his cot. "May I?" She asked softly, though she didn't exactly wait for an answer as she moved to lay down alongside him, looking to the book curiously as she cuddled up against him.

the general was surprised and gently put his arm around her allowing her to rest her head on his chest.

"uh...this is a copy of ray,ca,las's philosophical journal he was a an early thinker among our people im reading his scientific theories and philosophies that led to the discovery of many of our spells" he pauses for a moment

"im sorry if the translation doesnt sound right but some words aren't translatable between common speak and the pure word but ill do my best"

he clears his throat and reads from a passage.

" and though i question the darkness i do not deny its power perhaps the creation of all things both comes from the darkness but is brought into the light without darkness perhaps light is nothing and therefore cannot exist"

the general chuckles a bit.

"im sure such things don't concern you his writings can be a bit confusing at times. this book was passed on from my family, one of the many books deemed unholy and banned by a king in our past much of our past was destroyed that day but my family has always kept the sciences in higher regard than any kings ruling."

he looked at the pages admerly.

he closes it abruptly and pinches out a candle that had been the only light in the tent.

"we must sleep now tomorrow will be busy and we need to be rested" the general said sternly
secretly just wanting to cuddle with a demi god that liked him for a mate.

She listened silently and nodded as he spoke. She felt his passion for the book and smiled softly as she rested her head against his chest and let her eyes fall closed, letting his voice soothe her. She'd been slave to a family with meager money, and a small abode and while she was a slave she was treated mostly like their children so she was very used to sleeping besides others, though never anyone like the General.

She heard him close the book, her eyes opened as he reached for the candle, and suddenly they were plunged into darkness. She smiled faintly and curled up against him once more, her eyes falling closed again.

"Aye, tomorrow will be a busy day" she said softly

general la woke suddenly, he had tried to stay awake the night before but had fallen asleep, the events of the night before wer fresh in his mind however, he looked down at his new mate,gaia was curled around his chest with her legs around his, he carefully maneuvered himself from her grasp managing to somehow not wake her, the sun was barely above the horizon as he stepped out. the early morning breeze hit as he exited the warm tent. ha solider greets him as she starts a fire for him

"good morning general, let me start a fire for you. last night there was an odd frost best we warm you up now before you freeze."

the general nodded.

"could you heat a barrel of water for me?"

he whispers to the soldier trying not to wake gaia.

she nods and hurry's off to get a barrel of water

Gaia felt him move but only sort of grasped what was happening. She curled back up amongst herself, curling into the smallest ball she could in this form, her overly long tail curling around her legs. She shivered slightly at the newly found chill in the air with his body gone.

The chill brought her to her senses quicker and she groaned softly, unfurling her tail from her legs and stretching a little as her blue eyes opened. She was moderately sore from yesterday's fighting and then also a late night, but she smiled softly at the fact... she wasn't mad at all.

She moved to look around, looking for La and saw him whispering to the soldier who quickly trotted off. She smiled again and forced herself to her feet.

"Morning" she said softly, unsure what to call him.

the general approached her placing a deep kiss on her maw without hesitation, when he pulled away he smiled

"good morning my love come sit by the fire, ive called for a barrel of hot water for you to bathe in this morning" he seemed brightly giddy as he put some more logs on the fire.

She smiled against the kiss, wrapping her arms gently around him.

"Morning" she said softly as she stretched a little again before following him to the fire.

"Thank you my love." She said as she sat down quietly "a bath sounds exquisite " she said with a laugh, that would definitely appease her sore muscles. She watched him, moving around with a new bounce in his step. She smirked slightly, having a good idea why he was in such a grand mood, even with the impending day looming ahead of them.

two soldier return with a large barrel of water the speak a quick spell over it before they leave that turns the water warm.

the general helps gaia in placing a log for her to step up on to get in the warm water.

"its better than the cold pond" the general says winking at her before walking towards the cold pond.

"ill be back soon, enjoy yourself. yesterday was stressful and today may be more so" he runs towards the pond. his tent is in view of it so gaia can see him take off his leather kilt and wade to the middle with the other generals who were bathing in the pond as well. the camp was somewhat quiet except for some hollars in the distance as what sounds like a crew of guards felling trees.

She took a step into the barrel with La's help, sinking into the warm water with a soft sigh, noticing that there was no way he'd fit with her. Then he mentioned the cold pond and she nodded, watching him head off. She dunked herself under the water before coming back up and shaking off.

She was used to the cold so she cold pond would not have bothered her either but the warmth was nice on her sore body. She shook the water from her face as she soaked for a few moments before dragging herself out of the barrels. She didn't hate water, but being in warm water was foreign and felt a little higher then her. She bathed as he was, in the closest body of water as she grew up... hot bathes were a luxury only afforded once in awhile.

She shook off as she got out and looked around quietly as she waited for his return

the one of the kings wife's approaches taking a bow to her before addressing her directly,

"excuse me your eminence but ive come on behave of the kings wives and i, we wish to apologies for our mates actions, we did not marry a tyrant but since his 250th year hes been paranoid and almost always assuming the worst of anyone in his company. the many challenges to his throne in these past few years have not helped, i tell you we do not beg for his life for his actions have made him deserving of his life to be forfeit. we ask to be only stripped of title, tradition would ask us to also forfeit our lives to serve the king in the darkness and beyond but we talked and since you are a child of the gods we, hoped you would allow us to live as unmarried women under your grace"

she put her paws together praying to gaia quietly in her native tongue awaiting an answer

Gaia blinked as one of the kings wives came to her, asking that they themselves be spared. She listened in stunned silence, not really understanding why they would have to die with him. It was a miracle this race could survive at all if the females died when their mates did. She looked to the female... then towards the pond... then back to the female who had taken to bowing and praying before her.

She didn't known of she righteously could make this call but she saw no reason for so many to die when only 1 needed to pay for his sin. She stretched out her hand and rested it on the woman's head.

" I will have to consult with the gods but I do not think you all should die. I will consult with them first and then make judgment. " it was the best she could come up with at this very moment. She wished La was here with her to guide her.

the woman thanked gaia and bowed once more before hurring off, the general was approaching just as she ran off he looked questioningly at gaia

"what happened? did the kings wife need something?" he looked confused at gaia hoping it wasn't anything bad

She stepped toward him and smiled, hugging him gently even though he was wet still.

"she said it was your way for then to die as well, to serve their husband in the afterlife. They asked to be spared, to live as unmarried women under me... I told them I must consult the gods for I know naught the rules, but I do not agree to their deaths and I feel that if they vow to be my ladies beneath me... I could definitely probably use their help. One day we will have children and I know little about our kind, their help could be beneficial."

She drug her tongue lightly over his chin, the barbs on her tongue pulling through his fur, pulling the water from him as she purred softly, watching him think.

"oh that only happens when a king is deposed or if he loses a challenge for his throne, since its the former in this case taking them as your ladies would not be too strange usually the new king will demand the wives be sacrificed so that they can serve the true king they are loyal in the darkness but if you trust them then i see no reason why they shouldn't live if they denounce the kings actions before the tribunal and before you and our people then no one should question their loyalty."

he licked her back kissing her before moving to the fire to dry off

She smiled softly and followed him to the fire, grabbing a towel to help dry him, trailing her claws gently through his fur as she helped to dry him, standing quietly behind him as he sat by the fire.

"Will you help me explain all that... you know better than I, and I would hate to mispeak and cause issues...." she said softly... then another question sparked her curiosity.

"So.... are we now established as mates... or are there certain ceremonies and traditions that happen... like humans have big weddings if they can afford it... but even the less fortunate have celebrations...." She looked down to him curiously.

"we have similar traditions when a mated couples wish to share there coupling with the tribe they declare each other as mates before all can see, its a bit involved but we can have the ceremony when the current crisis is averted our ceremony will be different higher status people such as generals or kings tend to have large celebration's im unsure how involved a goddesses coupling will be though "

he frowns a bit then as if thinking

"one problem remains, i talked with the generals during our bath and they believe that if the king is removed from his place on the throne only i can replace him, to the generals you are a god the generals also have put two and two together and figured we are mated they figure if a god has chosen me as a mate then it only makes sense that i should lead the people with you together, but this troubles me. you are my love that will not change but me king? 3 years ago i was still in training and apon my finishing of my lessons i was elevated to the title of general i never wanted to be a general and i sure do not want to be a king, but i see it as the only way to ensure that the tribe accepts you as a spiritual leader, you need a king who has your back and as queen we can rebuild the tribe together, but i still worry how could a mesure up? im only 20 winters old"

he sighs looking a bit worried he smiles up at gaia half heartedly trying to hide his deep uncertainty

"we have similar traditions when a mated couples wish to share there coupling with the tribe they declare each other as mates before all can see, its a bit involved but we can have the ceremony when the current crisis is averted our ceremony will be different higher status people such as generals or kings tend to have large celebration's im unsure how involved a goddesses coupling will be though "

She continued to dry him gently, listening to him. When he seemed dry enough she moved to walk around him and settled herself on his lap, resting her head on his shoulder as he continued to speak.

"one problem remains, i talked with the generals during our bath and they believe that if the king is removed from his place on the throne only i can replace him, to the generals you are a god the generals also have put two and two together and figured we are mated they figure if a god has chosen me as a mate then it only makes sense that i should lead the people with you together, but this troubles me. you are my love that will not change but me king? 3 years ago i was still in training and apon my finishing of my lessons i was elevated to the title of general i never wanted to be a general and i sure do not want to be a king, but i see it as the only way to ensure that the tribe accepts you as a spiritual leader, you need a king who has your back and as queen we can rebuild the tribe together, but i still worry how could a mesure up? im only 20 winters old"

She could see the worry in his eyes and she shifted how she sat to straddle his thighs and hug him.

"it will be ok.. we will work through all things together. Unless you do not want to be my mate.... as it comes with all those responsibilities. I would understand as I don't even really know what all is expected of me as a god, but I guess I have to learn. If you are with me... we can learn together. "

She smiled and rested her forehead against his gently.

"do not worry my fears are my own to conquer i shall defeat them, you are already my mate that cannot change id cross oceans for you if that meant you would be happy, i shall do my best to lead these people better than the king before me"

a soldier approaches the two and clears her throat awkwardly

'"im sorry to interrupt but gaia has been summoned by the wise women it seems urgent"

the general looks worriedly at gaia.

"you better go a sommuning by the wise women is important usually they wait for you to come to them"

he kisses her on the lips. the soldier looked away giving them privacy of sort

"ill be in my study tent there are a few things that need to happen before todays tribunal. as much as id like to stay here with you ive got duty's" he kisses her once more this time just a peck

"do not worry my fears are my own to conquer i shall defeat them, you are already my mate that cannot change id cross oceans for you if that meant you would be happy, i shall do my best to lead these people better than the king before me"

She smiled and purred softly at his words.... humans were far different than these lions. Mating did not equate to them actually being considered "mates" in the human world... but he wanted to be her mate, and she wanted to be his... so that was a vow they now shared. She rested her head against his still smiling softly as an approaching soldier caught her attention.

'"im sorry to interrupt but gaia has been summoned by the wise women it seems urgent"

Gaia looked to La quietly, he looked concerned, but she was not. She smiled as he kissed her gently.

"you better go a sommuning by the wise women is important usually they wait for you to come to them ill be in my study tent there are a few things that need to happen before todays tribunal. as much as id like to stay here with you ive got duty's"

He gave her a peck as she pulled away, removing herself from his lap as she headed after the soldier quietly.

"Alright love... I will find you shortly" She said as she headed after the soldier to the wise women. She ducked into their tent silently, looking cautiously around for a moment.

the two women were in cots. a young medic was tending to them. when she saw gaia she hurried off out the back of the tent

one of the women was awake the other was asleep.

the awake one was the smallest of the 3 known for her power of prophecy

"my dear there you are, i saw this meeting last night" her voice is weak and raspy

"im sorry we wont be here for your marriage ceremony trust me when i say your life with la will be challenging but fruitful you are destined to be happy in the end"