Private Tales among friends

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

king dac'are

the forest is thick. the 4 purebloods stalk through the shrubs silently the lead huntress stops taking in a deep breath sniffing the air feverishly. the others do the same and its as if they can read their leaders mind, the smell of savages was near, they could hear the rattle of chains as well. they knew it was a slaver troop.

as they reach the perimeter of the savages small camp they know that staying down wind is most important. they carefully surround the camp.

in a small clearing sits 3 savages and a bound feline.

"we're going to get a hefty reward for this one" says one of the brutes in his harsh voice as he tears into a cooked bird they all are eating.

he gras the chains on the bound feline and yanks her close, so close you can smell the rot on his breath.

"if only i could take such a white beauty like you for myself" he says as he scratches his claw down the side of her face. the largest of the 3 growls

"don't mess with it, its bad enough we have to drag it limping the way it does through this gods forsaken jungle, i dont need it bleeding out before we get to the slavers guild"

the savage chuckles and throws the feline to the ground

"yes sir" he says rather defiantly as he hisses at the feline.

without warning and before the savages can act 2 pureblood huntresses jump out from the shadows roaring fiercely and begins engaging the brutes in claw to claw combat. the thrashing and fight of the savages is strong as the three battle the two.

"its the white demons!" a savage yells as he slashes his claws at the nearest huntress.

"who are you calling demons" she retorts slashing his face and tackling him to the ground.

an arrow fly's from the shadows piecing one of the savages in the eye. he yowls in pain and stumbles to the ground.

"bind" says the hunting party's mage a simple spell that wraps the target in vines the savages begin to realise how out numberd they are in terms of magic. one attempts to escape but but an arrow fly's from the shadows once more and strikes him dead.

the leader roars in fury and charges the mage.

she reacts calmly as if a butterfly were charging her. "sleep" she whispers and as if all the rage were wiped away the savage collapses into a deep slumber.

the trees rustle as the lead huntress steps out bow in hand.

"good work ladys this is a good haul his majesty will be pleased with this bounty." she puts her bow on her back and kneels down to eye level with the terrified feline.

"hello there, lets get you out of those chains"

she says calmly. her mage un prompted whispers the words "break" into the chains and as if they were made of sand they just disintegrate away into the wind.

the leader smiles and slowly flicks her tail back and forth with her eyes closed, a sign of trust among cat folk.

"would you like to come with us? my mage is not a healer but we do have one back at camp who can take a look at your wounds" she offers politely and carefully

"

Gaia’s tail lashed as ice blue eyes wandered along the camp she now resided at. Her face had been covered until a short while ago, and her eyes scanned the area for the first time for a means of escape. Her hands were chained behind her back, the chain cutting into the silvery pelt of her Anthro-Form. Her short rounded ears twisted this way and that as she scanned the area, paying her captors little mind. Her masters, those she’d lived with her entire life were now dead and now… these were her masters.

"we're going to get a hefty reward for this one"
one of the males said as he buried his maw into a bird they were cooking. The chain, linked to the collar around her throat which kept her in this form lay at his feet. He grabbed the chain and yanked her hard to him. She lifted her head slightly, trying to get her own short muzzle away from him, away from his scent, her body too close to his for her comfort. "if only i could take such a white beauty like you for myself" he said to her, his claw trailing down her face suggestivly. Her ears twisted and her lips curled slightly, showing off her beautifully white teeth but she didn’t need to further the warning and the largest males growled loudly.

"don't mess with it, its bad enough we have to drag it limping the way it does through this gods forsaken jungle, i dont need it bleeding out before we get to the slavers guild"

And with that she was thrown to the ground as the smaller male was forced to loose interest. “Yes Sir” escaped his maw on the edges of a hiss. She growled slightly as pain tore through her already aching hip, but she said nothing as she got to her feet, somehow, gracefully even without use of her arms and with an injured hip.

No sooner had she gotten to her feet, chaos erupted, startling her. The scent of female felines assaulted her senses as they jumped from the shadows, their roars breaking the silence and the sounds of fighting following there after.

Unable to fight, Gaia skitters out of the way of the battle, getting herself behind a large tree, leaning back against it to and just listening to the battle behind her. She could barley hear the words spoken but as quickly as it had begun… it was over and the females spoke, making it clear who’d won.

"good work ladys this is a good haul his majesty will be pleased with this bounty."
Suddenly the one talking was in front of her, kneeling to be eye level with Gaia. She swallowed dryly as she looked to the female.

"hello there, lets get you out of those chains" the female said as another came up alongside her and whispered “break.” The chains around her wrists disintegrated into dust which lifted it into the air, before it disappeared into nothingness. The female before her closed her eyes, her tail flicking from side to side, obviously trusting Gaia, though Gaia knew little of the feline way of life she understood.

"would you like to come with us? my mage is not a healer but we do have one back at camp who can take a look at your wounds"

Gaia nodded softly as she got to her feet, favoring the right leg slightly while she stood still. Her collar had it’s own magic upon it, and as such, remained even when the mage destroyed the chains that had bound her. Gaia herself did not know how to remove the collar, but knew it was possible somehow. She said nothing to them, unsure who these beings were but thankful for their getting her away from the males that had killed her “family.”
king dac'are

the camp was not far thankfully dragging two bound and gagged savages would be quite a feet if the camp were any further away.

"his majesty will be very pleased with this hall, we are lucky we didn't have to kill the leader this time"

the mage says quietly and to no one in particular. the group walks slowly as they drag the beasts behind them by the scruff of there manes

within 20 minutes the group reaches the out skirts of the camp. but the camp does not appear to be there. the lead huntress nods to the mage who in tern approaches a large tree.

she closes her eyes, the air around her glows with a green haze and the tree begins to twist and writhe like a snake with its head cut off a opening begins to form as the tree takes the shape of an arch. beyond the arch is a large field filled with tents and purebloods going about their business. the groups steps through and the arch disappears into thin air replaced by thick jungle. a male general approaches the group the group salutes him with a fist across the chest.

"at ease. give me your report"

a young girl no more than 14 stands behind him with a makeshift clipboard and a quill ready to write the report.

the lead huntress steps forward

"sir we came across a group of three savages, they had this feline in chains, we managed to capture these two but i regret to inform you i had to kill the third he was trying to get away and i couldn't let him warn his tribe. however that one their seems to be their leader"

she points the the largest of the two beasts. the general eyes the feline up and down suspiciously

"the king should be pleased with this bounty, as for the feline im sure shes exhausted. ka,ra,da will be in charge of getting her whatever medical attention and food she needs"

ka,ra,da is the name of the mage huntress she salutes the general and takes a position beside the feline.

"hello my name is ka,ra,da if you follow me i can take you to our healers." she says very shyly and quiet not making eye contact .

she leads the feline though the camp. the purebloods around them look at the two girls curiously. a cub runs straight into gaia not noticing where he's going as he plays with his friends. he begins to murmur an apology until he sees who he ran into. his eyes sortta bulge out.

"wow your fur is pretty. what kinda pureblood are you?i love your spots!" he says mistaking her for his kind. a large female clicks her tongue and admonishes him for being rude she leads the cub away back to the other children at play.

the mage giggles a bit and continues leading gaia to the medicine women. they weave in-between children at play. blacksmiths banging tools and women cooking food and cleaning cloths. there's even a few older cubs gathered around a table studying and being schooled by a teacher. most of them turn their heads to watch gaia walk through. the camp. the medicine tent looks lonely in a clearing of its own its alot bigger than the rest of the tents and has cots all around the outside. a couple soldiers are resting in them but they aren't too badly injured. the mage opens the flap to the tent.

"ill wait for you outside, the madams are inside, please don't be alarmed by their appearances" she says in her shy quiet voice.

inside the tent is rather dark but most purebloods have no issue with this since seeing in the dark comes naturally.

in the middle of the tent is a table with four chairs around it. three of the chairs are occupied by the oldest looking cats in the camp. they all look identical except for one who has deep scars in the shape of claw marks down her face. they all smile in warmly as gaia enters.

"hello gaia we thought you might drop by" they say slowly in unison some how knowing the her name.

"please have a seat dear we made tea" they say again in unison there blind milky eyes seem to look directly at gaia as if blindness weren't an issue. a fresh cup of tea sits in front of each of them as if they poured the tea as gaia walked in. the fourth cup is near the seat across from them the steam rises gently in the darkness of the tent.

Gaia’s icey eyes scanned the world curiously as they walked, she was always quiet the curious cat and even under these circumstances she couldn’t stop herself from looking around. She followed them quietly, though the felines carrying her “masters” walked behind her. She limped slightly as they walked, her hip sore but she tried to make it look like no big deal.

"his majesty will be very pleased with this hall, we are lucky we didn't have to kill the leader this time" the mage spoke, Gaia’s ears perked forward as she listened curiously but she said nothing more and within a short while they all started slowing. There was nothing here, that she could tell, until the lead female moved to a large tree and closed her eyes. A green haze grew and the tree opened. Gaia back stepped slightly, unfamiliar with such a sight.

The group walked forward and she was forced to as well lest the ones behind her run into her. A large male walked up to the lady in the lead and asks for a report. Gaia did her best to make herself unnoticeable, her ears resting against her thick skull nervously when the lead woman mentioned her she flinched slightly, having hoped to stay under the radar.

"sir we came across a group of three savages, they had this feline in chains, we managed to capture these two but i regret to inform you i had to kill the third he was trying to get away and i couldn't let him warn his tribe. however that one their seems to be their leader"

The large male looked her up and down, eyes seemingly tickling along her full body as he studied her for a moment.

"the king should be pleased with this bounty, as for the feline im sure shes exhausted. ka,ra,da will be in charge of getting her whatever medical attention and food she needs"

The mage moved to Gaia’s side, and she turned her head to look to the mage. She sniffed slightly, taking in the woman’s scent without saying anything, curiously.

"hello my name is ka,ra,da if you follow me i can take you to our healers." the female said softly, submissivly which to Gaia, was weird as she was not used to anyone being submissive to her. She tilted her head as she looked to the woman and smiled before the woman began leading her through the camp. As they walked a young feline ran into her as he played and she laughed… he reminded her alot of her little brother, though, he had been human. She reached out to pat his head lightly at his comment about her fur, but another female made him skitter away before Gaia had to reply and within a short walk they came upon the tent.

"ill wait for you outside, the madams are inside, please don't be alarmed by their appearances"

“Uh… OK….” She said softly as she ducked into the tent, looking to the wounded soldiers quietly, unsure about what she was doing as she looked to the table.

"hello gaia we thought you might drop by, please have a seat dear we made tea"

She froze slightly in place as they say her name. The fur on her back on edge slightly, her overly long tail lashing from side to side nervously. Their look did not frighten her… but their knowledge of her name did. She swallowed and stepped forward to sit at the table with them without a word. She looked to the tea, her ebony nostrils flaring as she smelled it before looking back to them. Her eyes picked up that their eyes seemed void of life, not like her own but yet, they still looked at her.

“How do you know my name?”
king dac'are

Last edited:
the women sip there tea as the scared one begins to speak first.

"we had a dream about you last night, we dreamed this very conversation though in the dream you introduced yourself" the other two women nod in agreement.

"you are lucky my child for the tapestry of time had planned your demise at the hands of the savages we decided it should not be so, so we convinced the darkness to spare you" they say speaking in unison once more.

"the tea will heal your pain drink up child for the future needs you in good health and spirit" the scared woman speaks once more alone

"now lets take a look at you" the leader of the three says. she begins sniffing the air

"how interesting i thought i smelled something different about her, dreams are not always accurate the gods did not tell us of her nature" the other women nod in agreement.

"im sure the gods know what they are doing" the third woman says matter of factly.

"shes been bound, that collar is blocking her energy's" the scared one says to her sisters.

"the king will want to meet her before we take care of it" the other two say in unison.

"would you be willing to meet the king? until he asks for you personally it is up to you if you wish to bask in his grace, he can be a gruff man but his heart is pure" they ask again in that strangely accurate speech somehow knowing each other's words

"we had a dream about you last night, we dreamed this very conversation though in the dream you introduced yourself" Her eyes look to the scarred woman as she spoke, taking in the sight of her, noting the other two’s nods in agreement at the words she uttered. Her maw parted slightly as she breathed in, taking the taste of the air in through her mouth through the scent finding organ within her mouth, learning everything she could about the area she was in using as many senses as she could.

"you are lucky my child for the tapestry of time had planned your demise at the hands of the savages we decided it should not be so, so we convinced the darkness to spare you" All three women spoke in unison and she rose a brow at the idea… they saved her? Why would they change the course of fate for her, she was a slave, no one of any importance. Then she turned her eyes back to the scarred woman again as she spoke directly to her.

"the tea will heal your pain drink up child for the future needs you in good health and spirit" Gaia tilted her head slightly and looked at the cup of tea on the table before her. She hooked her finger into the handle and brought it to her maw. She’d spent all of her life in this form… though she had others she was never allowed to use them so she wasn’t even sure how to shift. She sipped the tea, feeling its warmth trickle down her gullet, soothing her in ways she did not understand. She took a few sips, before turning her eyes to another of the females who lifted her head to scent the air, much like Gaia had done earlier.

"now lets take a look at you, how interesting i thought i smelled something different about her, dreams are not always accurate the gods did not tell us of her nature"
The other two nod and she sets the tea down, not sure what they meant.

The third woman spoke "im sure the gods know what they are doing"

Gaia’s head turned back to the scarred one quickly as she now spoke. "shes been bound, that collar is blocking her energy's"

"the king will want to meet her before we take care of it"
Then the other two spoke in unison. She was starting to get whiplash looking between them all and she shook her head quickly to shake off the dizziness of her swiveling skull.

"would you be willing to meet the king? until he asks for you personally it is up to you if you wish to bask in his grace, he can be a gruff man but his heart is pure"

“Yes…?” she replied… sort of questioning if she did or not. She knew nothing of this king, but from the way things had evolved, he owned her now so sooner she met him the better.
king dac'are

the tent flap suddenly opened and a large male entered, he was different then the general but still wore simulare cloths

"is this the feline ive heard so much about?" he says knowing full well of the awnser.

"general bac,ra,sa you know the rules, interrupting communion with us will earn you no favor with the gods"

the lead woman hisses in anger.

"quiet you old crones i am a general you are one name bitches not worthy of my time, or consideration" sneers almost growling his words

he grabs gaia by the fur on her head and yanks her head back ward he takes a deep breath smelling her scent.

"perhaps ill-" hes unable to finish his words as a ball of light hits him in the head he grabs his face yowling.

the old women had cast a spell without the use of words

"perhaps you should go rub some yuka moss on that nasty burn of yours general you really must be more careful sometimes the gods send balls of light at random"

they say as if they weren't the ones that cast the spell

he growls and eyes gaia for a moment then slinks off to lick his wounds somewhere.

"accept our deepest apologies for his behavior men can be impulsive a beauty such as you would catch any mans attention but you dont want his kind of attention he would have you as a third mate faster than a hummingbird's heart beat hes already got two mates he does not need a third" the leader says frustrated at the general

the mage peaks her head in.

"lets go see the king, im sorry for listening but i went and had someone request an audience. the camp is abuzz with news of the spotted beauty" she says in her usual soft shy voice avoiding eye contact as always.

she takes gaia's hand and leads her out of the tent.

she leads her through the camp to the middle were another large tent sits except this one is heavily guarded

"im sorry to leave you again but ive not been granted an audience with his majesty"

the guards to the tent open its flaps looking forwardly without expression or acknowledgment.

inside is a fully finished room the floor is a red carpet with golden painting of lions. the side of the tent has tables covered in maps and paper. at the back of the tent sits the largest lion of the camp. his throne is covered in the finest furs. two servant girls are both feeding the king and fanning him with a large leaf.

his ears perk at the sight of the gaia.

he waves away the servants who stop what they are doing and kneel beside the throne with their heads bowed and their arms in the saluted fist across there chests motion.

a guard enters the tent and addresses gaia rather kurtly.

"you may approach the king and kneel at his feet" she says pushing gaia further into the tent

She lifted the teacup once more to her lips, taking a drink as the tent fla opened. A large male lion walked in, heading directly for her as his booming voice interrupted the stillness of the scene. She tore her eyes from him, to the women, then back to him quickly as he came upon her.

"is this the feline ive heard so much about?"

"general bac,ra,sa you know the rules, interrupting communion with us will earn you no favor with the gods"
the one she assumed was the leader said with a deep frown.

"quiet you old crones i am a general you are one name bitches not worthy of my time, or consideration" the male growled as he grabbed her by the nap of the neck, mixed with her hair and yanked her to her head backwards as he lowered his massive head to her. She felt the wind whisk by her fur as he inhaled her scent deeply "perhaps ill-" he began but within seconds a globe of brightness hit him in the head and he grabbed his face, letting her loose. She snarled as he yowled in pain and the woman spoke again.

"perhaps you should go rub some yuka moss on that nasty burn of yours general you really must be more careful sometimes the gods send balls of light at random"

The male, who’s scent lingered in her mind, looked to her, growled and turned to leave. She blinked, swallowing slightly, nervously as she watched him disappear. His show of dominance was somewhat… appealing to her instincts, something new to her as she’d lived with humans her entire life, not other felines so the musty scent and the strength of the male was a new experience, eliciting new feelings.

"accept our deepest apologies for his behavior men can be impulsive a beauty such as you would catch any mans attention but you dont want his kind of attention he would have you as a third mate faster than a hummingbird's heart beat hes already got two mates he does not need a third"
She tilted her head at the idea that the male had multiple mates… this was not something she’d ever been around, at least her masters had not practiced such a thing so she was not sure she understood. As she turned her head back towards the women and took another drink she heard the tent flap shift again and her rounded ears twisted seconds before she looked behind her again.

The mage showed again, refusing to look her in the eyes still and spoke. "lets go see the king, im sorry for listening but i went and had someone request an audience. the camp is abuzz with news of the spotted beauty" She smiled, finishing the tea quickly as the mage grabbed her hand and she stood, being lead out of the tent…

“Th… thanks” she said quickly as she was drug out of the tent quickly and pulled through the camp by the mage. As they walked Gaia’s eyes scanned everything, she was too interested to even talk to the mage holding her hand. The mage lead her to a tent that was heavily guarded and stopped. She blinked as the mage backed away with a timid "im sorry to leave you again but ive not been granted an audience with his majesty"

She didn’t understand why she couldn’t come in… all these feline mannerisms were foreign to her. The guards opened the tent flaps to let her in, but other than that they did not acknowledge her presence which, in itself was comforting lest they grab her like the other male had. She walked in silently, overly long tail lashing from side to side as she took in the sights of the room. Her icy eyes focus on the throne after a moment, taking in the sight of the massive maned lion settled in its grasp. She looked to the females feeding him, curiously as they fed and fanned him. His ears perked as he noticed her enter and a wave of his hand signaled to the females that they were done, and they settled into a kneel besides his throne, heads lowered, arms in a salute of sorts.

A guard walked in behind her, apparently, she was entering too slowly and she nudged her not too gently forward. She gruffly spoke "you may approach the king and kneel at his feet" as she nudged her again. Gaia chuffed at her but did as she was told, walking slowly towards the king. She was a slave, yes, but had never had the formalities of dealing with royalty, so bowing to a king was odd to her. She watched the male closely as she walked towards him, her maw parting slightly again to take in his scent through her mouth and her nose, storing his information in her mental database as she slowly lowered herself to her knees. She kept her head up proudly, her icy blue eyes staying locked on him.

king dac'are

the king chuckled a bit and waved the guard away.

"you are a curious one ill give you that. raise to your feet such formalities' are for my commoners ill exscuse your gaze of disrespect as you are not accustomed to our ways yet" he says in an amused tone.

"get this young lady a seat so she may be comfortable." one of the servants leave through a back flap in the tent and quickly returns with a padded stool she places it behind gaia.
the king motions for her to sit.

he motions to his servant

"would you like something to eat, my servants picked them fresh not too long ago"

he smiles as the servant offers up the vegetables and berries

"your probably wondering why your here before me, its a small camp and rumors spread quickly before you came here i was reading the report from the hunter party, you were a slave of the savages. must have been scary to be in the presence of such evil."

the front flap to the tent opens once more and in steps the rude pureblood frombefore his face is slatherd with some sort of ointment. he stands at attention before the king.

the king takes on look at him and begins to lauph and roar.

"did you stick your head in a fire? your mane is singed i can smell burnt fur from here" he says between giggles.

the general ignores his laughter.

"sir. i dont think its wise to commune with an outsider without a guard in here to protect you"

the kings brow furows.

"if i cant handle a small cat woman then my place as king was never lagitimate in the first place now whats your reason for interupting" he growls no longer amused.

"ive come to inform you the regiment you sent to the western front has come back the eradication of the savage village was a success not even there brood were left standing"

"you could have written this in a report for me to read later so why are you actually here"

the general scoffs his respectful tone suddenly goes away.

"im here because this creature is not worthy to step foot here, im here because after pressing further the seers have revealed they left something out."

he approaches gaia and grabs her collar and yanks her into the air her so that she has to stand on her tip toes to breath.

"this talisman hides whatever her true form might be, it also binds her powers. shes deceived us from the start and poisoned my mind with her feminine wiles i cant beleive id even consider her beuty to be worthy of a man as great as i." throws her to the ground in discused

the king sits back in his chair thoughtfully.

"i doubt she would wear such a collar of her own will and even if that were the case it does not excuse your behavior towards her or me, i fear as always you have forgotten your place and let your emotions become your guid, now get out of my site before i decide to let my emotions guid me"

the gener points a claw at gaia.

"you may have everyone fooled but i see the evil that lurks within you" he growls before storming from the tent

the king sighs.

"don't mind him we butt heads constantly he will probably call a meeting with the generals and make a stink about it they will laugh him out of the room like they always do, believe it or not hes not much older that 20 years, still a cub in my eyes, now how would you like to get rid of that collar once and for all?n im sure the sisters will be more than happy to help"

Gaia watched him quietly as he waved the guard away and chuckled at her. "you are a curious one ill give you that. raise to your feet such formalities' are for my commoners ill exscuse your gaze of disrespect as you are not accustomed to our ways yet"

She got to her feet, noticing now, for the first time that her hip did not hurt. She moved her leg slightly, testing the joint before looking back to the king.

"get this young lady a seat so she may be comfortable." the king ordered one of the servants. The servant skittered away, coming back quickly with a stool which was placed behind her, the king motioned for her to have a seat, she did as instructed, curling her tail around her waist, playing with it lightly as the kings attention went back to the servant.

"would you like something to eat, my servants picked them fresh not too long ago" his attention was on her again, she looked to him, then the servant who held the veggies and berries. She shook her head softly, nerves preventing her from being hungry at the moment.

"No thank you.... " she whispered softly

"your probably wondering why your here before me, its a small camp and rumors spread quickly before you came here i was reading the report from the hunter party, you were a slave of the savages. must have been scary to be in the presence of such evil."

"They killed my family...." she said softly, unable to finish her statement as the tent was opened and the male from before stormed in. He stood at attention before the king, her ice blue orbs narrowed slightly at him.

.oO( "speaking of savages....") she thought to herself as she looked to him, a rumble threatening to escape her chest, but any sound she did make was suddenly drowned out by the kings laughter. "did you stick your head in a fire? your mane is singed i can smell burnt fur from here"

"sir. i dont think its wise to commune with an outsider without a guard in here to protect you"

She watched as the kings face contorted slightly in annoyance at the male. "if i cant handle a small cat woman then my place as king was never lagitimate in the first place now whats your reason for interupting"

"ive come to inform you the regiment you sent to the western front has come back the eradication of the savage village was a success not even there brood were left standing"
the male stammered

"you could have written this in a report for me to read later so why are you actually here" the king said sharply, the annoyance hanging heavy in his tone.

"im here because this creature is not worthy to step foot here, im here because after pressing further the seers have revealed they left something out." The general said as he moved to her. Suddenly he grabbed her collar, lifting her into the air high enough to cut off the air to her lungs. She stood on her tippy toes, but that hurt, she pressed her tail into the ground and gained a third leg as such and was able to get a little bit of leeway on the choking.

"this talisman hides whatever her true form might be, it also binds her powers. shes deceived us from the start and poisoned my mind with her feminine wiles i cant beleive id even consider her beuty to be worthy of a man as great as i." she snarled, curling her lips again and readied herself to kick him, her sharp claws ready to sink into his flesh, but he threw her to the ground roughly before she had the chance. She winced slightly as the dirt burn from skidding on the ground slightly.

She quickly got up, definitely as she stared at the general, eyes narrowed as her lips curled dangerously. The king spoke though and she ceased the growl that begged to be released.

"i doubt she would wear such a collar of her own will and even if that were the case it does not excuse your behavior towards her or me, i fear as always you have forgotten your place and let your emotions become your guid, now get out of my site before i decide to let my emotions guid me"

The general turned towards her, pointing a claw at her. "you may have everyone fooled but i see the evil that lurks within you"

She hissed deeply as he turned and walked away, storming out of the tent. She turned her eyes back to the king, her features softening slightly as he sighed in frustration.

"don't mind him we butt heads constantly he will probably call a meeting with the generals and make a stink about it they will laugh him out of the room like they always do, believe it or not hes not much older that 20 years, still a cub in my eyes, now how would you like to get rid of that collar once and for all?n im sure the sisters will be more than happy to help"

She nodded. "If you'd like to have it removed... it really doesn't matter to me. I do not remember a day without it. I was told I had to have it to keep me from shifting." She remained standing, bringing her hands to the collar, rubbing slightly where the metal had bit into her flesh.

Last edited:
"mmm that's not right the darkness teaches that all life under the darkness should be able to determine their fate no one has the right to decide ones way of life, even servants under me choose there own fates in the end." he turns to the younger of the two servants.

"why don't you tell our guest why you have chosen to serve me at such a young age"

the girl looks gaia in the eyes for the first time. her eyes are two different colors blue and yellow. they shine bright with admiration.

"i was given the choice of serving his majesty when i turned 10 im now 12 and the last 2 years have been the best of my life, i serve his majesty because his heart knows no malice i feel it is my duty to serve him for he serves his people much in the way we serve him, he keeps us safe and their is no place id rather be" she says looking at the king for only a second before bowing her head once more.

the older of the two servants speaks up as well.
"im a 4th generation servant my mother served his majesty too as did her mother i feel it is my family duty to be by his side till the day i die and return to the darkness"

she says rather proudly and a bit louder than needed.

the king twitches his ears a bit wincing. he chuckles.

"you see the admiration in there hearts there willingness to serve is their own will as is yours from now on, if you wish to remove the collar you may go to the medicine tent and get it removed but it is not my choice for you to do so that is a fate you must decide on your own. i do believe my daughter is your guide she's very shy, still shivers in her own father's presence, she was so nervous she clearly didn't enter here even though she was invited, im sure if you ask her she can find a family for you to room with, there are plenty of family's willing to take in a guest. our council here is done unless you have any questions.or wishes to convey, you may take your leave"

"mmm that's not right the darkness teaches that all life under the darkness should be able to determine their fate no one has the right to decide ones way of life, even servants under me choose there own fates in the end."

.oO("Well not all feel that way.... obviously ") she thought to herself, thinking to the overly aggressive male as she watched the king turn to the servants.

"why don't you tell our guest why you have chosen to serve me at such a young age"

Gaia looked into the girls multicolored eyes curiously as she spoke, listening but also pondering quietly.

"i was given the choice of serving his majesty when i turned 10 im now 12 and the last 2 years have been the best of my life, i serve his majesty because his heart knows no malice i feel it is my duty to serve him for he serves his people much in the way we serve him, he keeps us safe and their is no place id rather be" the young one said before bowing her head once more. Gaia tilted her head slightly, their answers seemed so... rehearsed which to Gaia was a little odd. For being willing servants of the king they seemed overly submissive, unable to even keep their eyes raised.

"im a 4th generation servant my mother served his majesty too as did her mother i feel it is my family duty to be by his side till the day i die and return to the darkness" the older servant said, again... the lines seemed rehearsed as she spoke them with gusto. Gaia rubbed the back of her neck slightly as she listened, still not sure what to believe

"you see the admiration in there hearts there willingness to serve is their own will as is yours from now on, if you wish to remove the collar you may go to the medicine tent and get it removed but it is not my choice for you to do so that is a fate you must decide on your own. i do believe my daughter is your guide she's very shy, still shivers in her own father's presence, she was so nervous she clearly didn't enter here even though she was invited, im sure if you ask her she can find a family for you to room with, there are plenty of family's willing to take in a guest. our council here is done unless you have any questions.or wishes to convey, you may take your leave"

His daughter... so the king had a mate she noted as she sniffed the air slightly. She would have the collar removed, if only to give her ability to fight the aggressive male better. She took a step back, to leave but the nagging in her head made her stop.

"If all's willingness to serve you is a truth... why do they cower? Even you say your own daughter shivers in your presence. Why?" She didn't really expect an answer but she was quite curious about it. The king seemed to think he was a great leader yet his subjects seemed ruled by fear... to Gaia... if one had to rule by fear, he couldn't be that great. The aggressive male for example would earn no brownie points with her by pretending to be all Billy Badass.

She stepped back again before turning to the tent flap and stepping out, leaving the king to his thoughts about what she said. Her ice blue eyes fell on the kings daughter... the princess apparent. She smiled softly. "I am going to get this collar removed... then I guess I need to bunk with some family... of your choosing." She said lightly.

king dac'are

Last edited:
her words cut the king deep.

he sat in his throne pondering the statement.

outside the mage sat quietly on a stump near the tent.

another male general was standing beside her.

"so this is the gaia ive heard so much about, its a pleasure to meet you."
he took her hand while kneeling planting a soft kiss on her hand. he stood beaming with a smile of pure goodness.

"
im general la,ga,ya but people call me general la. if you need anything at all im but a hollar away" he bows slightly once more before rubbing the mages head and sauntering off into camp w

the mage stands.

"your popular with the men here, a new female is always interesting i guess" she looked longingly in the direction the general headed before sighing.

"ill take you to miss maw first she will find a place for you then ill have to leave you to do as you please,i have a few duty's before prayer starts at sun down, when you hear the bell the service will start, i believe the sisters are leading prayer tonight."

the mage lead gaia to a group of children siting in a half circle around a very different she beast. she was a fat woman and seemed very cheery as she taught the children's. the mage stood quietly in the back of the class while she finished her lesson.

"okay children who can tell me why we have white fir" she looks around the the group at the kids raising there paws and picks one. the little boy stands up broadly his fir is poofy like a pillow.

"well the gods saw our suffering one day and he made a deal with the great hero, if we gave him the colour from our fur he would grant us with ma ma maget?" the boy says mispronouncing magic

"very good but the word your looking for is magic" she says in a chipper sing songy tone.

she then spots gaia and the mage.

"oh dear it seems we have a visiter say hello children's"

all the kids turn and say hello cheerfully oos an ahhs can be herd.

"now go play children we will pick up were we left off tonight." the kids wine wanting to stay and see gaia but the teacher shoos them away.

the teacher approaches gaia with a cheerful face.

"well hello there dear im ms maw its a pleasure to have you here, i take it you have brought me another stray child?" she says delightfully to the mage.

"yes ms maw, i need to go do my rounds will you make sure she has a place to sleep tonight?"

ms maw beams with glee

"oh yes yes of course dear id be delighted to. come along my child"
she says as she waddles away even her gape is cheerful.

she leads gaia to a tent on the edge of camp.

"you can stay here with me dear. remember this tent so you don't get lost. the camp can be confusing at times"

a loud roar can be heard near by ms maw looks worried for a moment but puts her cheerful face back on quickly.

"don't mind that, the interrogation tents are near by you may here the roar of the demons as they are punished" she says in her usual perky tone, a rather odd statement to hear be said so cheerfully.

another roar could be heard followed by the crack of a whip

ms maw ignored it this time shacking her head.

"anyways there are two cots in the tent their is a communal eating area for food right over there" she points to a fire pit were another plump woman stirs a pot and surves stew to waiting people.

"if ya get lost dear just ask anyone to lead you were you need to go" she smiles and clasps her paws together.

"i need to go round up the cubs and begin the next lesson feel free to sit in on it if you so choose, we are learning about the gods today! oh and your bowls are under your cot to the right of the entrance"

she gives a curtsy and a giggle and waddles off

As she stepped out she noted the male standing besides the young mage… Mage and princess at that, she assumed. Why the female was so frightened of her father she did not understand. He seemed nice enough… but she wasn't sure it wasn't just a show. As she came upon the mage she eyed the male, having had pretty bad experiences with the males so far, she was weary.

"so this is the gaia ive heard so much about, its a pleasure to meet you." The male spoke as he took her hand, kneeling and kissing it. Her rounded ears perked forward and she sniffed the air slightly, remembering his scent which was far different than the King’s, and different from the other rude males. " im general la,ga,ya but people call me general la. if you need anything at all im but a hollar away" the male said before bowing, ruffling the mages fur and wandering off.

Gaia looked back to the mage with a raised brow and giggled slightly like a love-sick school girl at the obvious flirtation between the two. The mage stood, watching the male leave longingly, a look Gaia had seen in her human siblings eyes, though she’d never experienced it herself. "your popular with the men here, a new female is always interesting i guess"

Gaia chuckled and shook her head. “I am an outsider…. Someone unknown and not understood. Nothing more.” To her, she was nothing special. She looked nothing like these females here, strong and muscular, solid in their colors. She was lean, with an abnormally long tail and a spotted coat that looked dirty. She was nothing special.

"ill take you to miss maw first she will find a place for you then ill have to leave you to do as you please,i have a few duty's before prayer starts at sun down, when you hear the bell the service will start, i believe the sisters are leading prayer tonight."

“Prayer?” she asked, but before the mage could answer they were to the circle of children and the beautifully plump woman. Gaia smiled, this feline reminded her so much of her human “Mother” that before she even realized it, she had begun purring. The sight of the kids around the female made her heart ache to be back home… but her home was gone now thanks to the savages.

"okay children who can tell me why we have white fir" Gaia listened quietly, smiling happily at the innocence of the children, the excitement in their little bodies. "well the gods saw our suffering one day and he made a deal with the great hero, if we gave him the colour from our fur he would grant us with ma ma maget?"

"very good but the word your looking for is magic"
Gaia was giggling as the woman’s eyes locked on her and the mage and Gaia was brought back to the reality of her not being a cub learning with them. She smiled faintly as the female spoke. "oh dear it seems we have a visiter say hello children's" The young all turned and ooh’d and ahhh’d at her. She chuckled slightly, they were adorable and she loved them all instantly. "now go play children we will pick up were we left off tonight."

The wine of disappointment echoed through the area before the woman shoo’d them all off. Gaia laughed again as she watched them scatter as the female came to her.

"well hello there dear im ms maw its a pleasure to have you here,

Gaia said “Hi” lightly, but her attention span wandered as she watched the kids goofing around, her attention to the mage and the woman disappearing for a moment while they talked until the plump female nudged her with a gentle “come along my child" as she waddled away. Gaia brought herself back to the world and followed, catching up quickly.

"you can stay here with me dear. remember this tent so you don't get lost. the camp can be confusing at times" Gaia nodded, looking around quickly as the sound of a roar broke the relative quiet. "don't mind that, the interrogation tents are near by you may here the roar of the demons as they are punished"

Another roar and the snap of a whip echoed through the area and Gaia flinched, looking backwards over her shoulder at the sound.

"anyways there are two cots in the tent their is a communal eating area for food right over there. if ya get lost dear just ask anyone to lead you were you need to go"

Her eyes were on the interrogation tent as Ms. Maw clasped her hands together excitedly. "i need to go round up the cubs and begin the next lesson feel free to sit in on it if you so choose, we are learning about the gods today! oh and your bowls are under your cot to the right of the entrance" and with that Ms. Maw wandered off.

Gaia blinked… suddenly alone. She ran her hand to the collar… she needed to get it off of her neck but she was distracted and could not recall where the medical tent was. She headed towards the interrogation tent curiously, knowing she probably should not go near it… but curiosity getting the better of her and she could not fight the urge to see.

king dac'are

Last edited:
the tent was large but its walls thin inside. the crys of a savage can be heard.

the general a male integrating him speaks softly to the demon, gaia peaks into the tent through a tear in the side of the tent. the slit was small but she could see a savage tied to a post back facing the angry general in the middle of the tent, inside was also a female. she had a few papers in her hands but she was bowed down to the general.

"you have nothing to fear from the darkness, it only wishes to purify you and return you to its dark embase, to join it all you have to do is tell me where your village is, you are worthy to join the darkness" the general says. as he whips the savage across the back once more."

the savage response in a exhausted tone taking labored breaths between each word. he was bleeding from many wounds not all are from a whip. gaia sees the bites and claw marks and even burns covered in blood and fur from the savages skin.

"ill never tell you were i call home. it matters not what you you do to me ill never tell you till the moment i die" says the savage as he spits up blood

the general chuckles .
he quickly slices the savages throat from behind blood pours onto the ground, the general seems to revel in the savages death.

"ill see you again soon" he whispers softly into the savages ear

he points to the small female in the tent with him.

"revive him"
he says without taking his gaze from the dead savage.

she begins reading from her notes speaking a spell that was no spell ever spoken in the mainland. it sounds like a form of yips and screeches but as she makes these sound the wounds on the savage seem to vanish and suddenly he is heald from death. the young mage however seems to be struggling through the spell her nose and eyes begin to bleed and by the end she collapses to the ground as if on cew another mage grabs her non moving form and drags her away presumably to a healing tent, another mage much older and full grown enters and picks up the papers the last dropped

the general laughs as the savage is revived and takes no notice to the change in mages.

the savage looks around horrified as if he had had a terrible night mare

"you see no matter how many times you die we can always bring you back" the general laughs at the sight .of the creatures despair. the savage hangs his head and falls silent.

the general scrapes his claws down the savages face beginning the interrogation once more

Last edited:
Gaia walked close to the tent, her eyes peering through the small tear in the side, tilting her head slightly as she looked to the occupants. One of the “Savages” tied to a post with a general before him and a female bowed with a handful of papers.

"you have nothing to fear from the darkness, it only wishes to purify you and return you to its dark embase, to join it all you have to do is tell me where your village is, your are worthy to join the darkness"

Gaia’s icy blue eyes narrow as she looks to all the wounds on the “Savage.” Bloody, bitten, scratched and over all damaged. He glared to the general before him and growled "ill never tell you were i call home. it matters not what you you do to me ill never tell you till the moment i die"

The general just laughed, the cold sound made her pelt stand on end, her rounded ears pinned against her skull in disdain for what she was watching… but she couldn’t tear her eyes away from it. The general suddenly reached out, drawing a sharp claw across the savage’s throat, opening a bloody canyon in the claw’s wake. Gaia gasped in shock as she watched blood gush from the wound with each throb of the feline’s heart until the savage ceased to struggle.

The general grins, seemingly glowing in the death of this creature… then he points to the female. "revive him" without even bothering to look to her. The female begins speaking words Gaia did not understand and within moments the savage was once again alive. Gaia blinked at the sight, but her eyes quickly looked to the female who collapsed, another, taking her place while yet another takes the fallen away. Gaia waits for the fallen to be removed before moving for the door to the tent… She had to stop this… this was cruel, playing with death like this was not right.

She entered suddenly as the General was laughing "you see no matter how many times you die we can always bring you back" and he drug her sharp claw over the savage’s face. She bolted in between the two, chin high and lips curled from her ivory teeth.

“STOP THIS CRUELTY!” she screamed as she stood up to the general, who was much larger than her, but she did not flinch as her icy eyes glared dangerously.

the general stepped back confused befor exstending his 10 foot height and looking angered

"cruilty!" he yells.

"who are you to question the will of the gods this savage would rather you die than let you help him"

the savage quietly whispers into gaias ears.

"my fate is done, do not sacrifice your future for me, the gods above will grace me with everlasting war, and death. no matter how many times i die the gods give me glory in my resolve"

he speaks these words as fast and quietly as he can.

the general begins to roar not soon after. a paper is in his hand and hes just read it. he grabs gaia by the throat and yanks her from her protective position close to his face.

"the king may favor you now but when hes done using you, you will be mine."

he tosses gaia and the crumpled paper to the ground with little effort storming from the ten roaring.

the mage looks sympathetic to gaia but says nothing as she follows after. once alone with gaia the savage speaks once more.

"that was foolish child be lucky you are favored no matter the use the white demon has you in his graces, defiance will only earn you a worse fate than death. this fate is worse." he sighs.

"this is the 4th time ive been revived yet i still know my gods will save me." he seems to want to continue but he falls asleep leavening gaia to herself once more

the general towered over her, nearly 3 and a half feet taller and much wider but she did not back away nor flinch, her eyes narrowed and her lips curled.

"cruilty! who are you to question the will of the gods this savage would rather you die than let you help him" thee general roared at her, saliva spraying in her face but she did not move. The male behind her leaned into her, whispering into her ear.

"my fate is done, do not sacrifice your future for me, the gods above will grace me with everlasting war, and death. no matter how many times i die the gods give me glory in my resolve"

The general roared again as he read a paper he had in his hand. He reached out quickly, grabbing her by the throat and pulling her close, nose to nose. The collar around her throat preventing him from choking her completely as he spoke. "the king may favor you now but when hes done using you, you will be mine." He snarled as he threw her and the paper to the ground roughly and stormed out. She got to her feet, a little slower than last time, the repeated throws to the ground starting to become painful. Her eyes caught the mage's gaze before she too disappeared out of the tent and the savage spoke to her.

"that was foolish child be lucky you are favored no matter the use the white demon has you in his graces, defiance will only earn you a worse fate than death. this fate is worse. This is the 4th time ive been revived yet i still know my gods will save me." She looked to him silently as he fell asleep. She frowned and honestly wasn't sure why she helped him and from what she could tell he was with those that killed her family... however, judgement was not to be dished out by her for their wrongs. That was the creators place, no one else's. She brushed herself off and headed out of the tent quietly.

She wandered until she came to the medical tent, or what appeared to be the tent she'd been in. She ducked in quietly and looked around cautiously. She felt dizzy and tired, she was not far from her heat and this was a fact she knew well but it meant nothing to her as she'd grown up with humans, never other felines that would notice such a thing. When she walked into the tent she stopped at looked to a mage..

"Can someone help me get this off?" She asked softly.

the tents inside had changed, the table and chairs were gone and in its place was a short table with pillows on the floor same number as chairs befor in the same order only the middle sister sat in in her same spot as before the others are no were to be seen. tea is set on the table as before steaming as if freshly poured, one cup for the middle sister and one cup for gaia.

the sister smiles.

"welcome, please have some tea it will heal your wounds." she says sipping her own tea.

"my sisters and i thought about our last visit you were uncomfortable with our way. so i asked to break your bind myself so that you would be more comfortable"

her milky eyes shone bright as she fixed her blind gaze on gaia

"ask your questions child i know you have doubts in our ways, these doubts must be cleared your mind must be calmed" she pointed at her collar "or the god will never grant me the power to remove your bind" she sips her tea and smiles before drinking more.

Gaia looked around quietly as she noticed the changes that had taken place within the walls of the tent. She almost wasn’t sure she’d found the right one until she saw one of the blind sisters sitting at a table. There was tea, two glasses, one for her and one for this woman perhaps, but Gaia wasn’t too sure. When the woman smiled and spoke, Gaia moved to sit.
"welcome, please have some tea it will heal your wounds."

She lowered herself to sit and took the tea as she had before, lifting the cup to her muzzle and drinking slowly, though her eyes never left the female across the table from her.

"my sisters and i thought about our last visit you were uncomfortable with our way. so i asked to break your bind myself so that you would be more comfortable" the woman said, her snowy eyes locked on Gaia, seemingly seeing through her. Gaia swallowed a mouthful of hot tea quickly, on accident and coughed as it burned. “Sorry” she said softly as she coughed.

"ask your questions child i know you have doubts in our ways, these doubts must be cleared your mind must be calmed, or the god will never grant me the power to remove your bind" the female said. Gaia took another drink before setting the cup down, looking at her again.

“I do not understand your…. “Gods” what is a god? And why does it give you the right to kill and bring back these savages… it seems to my your generals are no better than these savages. If you need to kill then do so… but to bring back, then kill again. It is a sick torture that I do not understand”

the woman sighs,

"yes its is cruel but no more cruel than the savages. they killed your family after all, they live without consideration for you or i, their so called gods demand worship yet do not bless their people with gifts. they are backwards. men will always war amongst themselves its our job to support them, my sisters have seen a future where you help us rid this land of the evil that lurks but in the end it is your choice child be at peace in the fact that what you decide is your choice. let the doubts fade be at peace with the doubts let the darkness clear your mind" she says as she closes her eyes and takes each of gaia's hands

"yes its is cruel but no more cruel than the savages. they killed your family after all, they live without consideration for you or i, their so called gods demand worship yet do not bless their people with gifts. they are backwards. men will always war amongst themselves its our job to support them, my sisters have seen a future where you help us rid this land of the evil that lurks but in the end it is your choice child be at peace in the fact that what you decide is your choice. let the doubts fade be at peace with the doubts let the darkness clear your mind"

She frowned as the woman spoke... she still did not understand what the woman meant by gods. She opened her mouth to speak, to agree with the fact that these savages had killed her family but two wrongs did not make a right, but the woman told her to relax, so she did as she was told. The woman took her hands and she closed her eyes, trying to let her thoughts go. She drug her tongue over her maw slowly as she tried to settle herself and see what this female wanted her to see.

"your mind is clear, the darkness is infinite but in the distance you see something"

gaia could only see black at first but then the old woman began to hum, the melody was nothing gaia had ever heard.

with her eyes closed suddenly a dancing lion was in her mind. it glowed white as it rhythmically danced to the woman's hum. the feeling of the woman's paws fell away, gaia opened her eyes startled. she was no longer in the tent. she was no longer anywhere the humming was gone only darkness. she hears a whisper in her ear.

"gaia" it hissed. then suddenly the king was before her but he was huge as large as a tree he roared a roar that could crack the heavens.

"we are your gods!" he bellowed in a voice not his own but many as if he were speaking with a thousands souls his eyes were black with stars shining in them. he let out another roar and the dark world crumbled away. suddenly she was back in the tent. the old woman was sitting in the same place as before. she held her collar in her paws examining it thoughtfully.

"what a nasty thing to force on a girl" she snaps her figures and it turns to sand. she dusts the sand off onto a leather cloth, wraps it up and puts it away. she smiles and sips a now different cup of tea smelling of pine, a cup has been served for gaia as well. "drink my child it will clear your mind of the fuzziness your feeling"

“your mind is clear, the darkness is infinite but in the distance you see something"

Lean muscles rippled beneath her grey pelt as she settled in the seat, her short rounded ears twisting this way and that as the sound of the woman humming began to tickle them, the tone, a song she’d never heard. As she seemingly sunk into what seemed like a dream a white lion, the king, began dancing in her mind, glowing eerily and then the feeling of the woman’s paw falling away startled her out of her concentration. Gaia opened her eyes quickly, gasping as she realized she was not in the tent any longer, she was nowhere and everywhere all at once. She swallowed dryly as the breath of a whisper tickled her ear.

"gaia" the whisper hissed in her ear… Then without warning the white king was in front of her, massive and angry and his roar startled her, making her step back slightly at the sound.
"we are your gods!"
she nearly stumbled back again at the roar as the world crumbled around her. She gasped and opened her eyes and was once again in the tent, the woman, still in her assigned seat, now with Gaia’s collar in hand, examining it closely.

Gaia brought her paw to her throat, rubbing the now naked fur as the woman spoke. "what a nasty thing to force on a girl" she said absently before snapping her fingers, the collar turning to sand which she quickly scoops into a leather cloth to wrap up and put away. Gaia blinked… it was so strange to not have the collar on. She just stared at the woman, so many different feelings eating away at her mind and her muscles. So many different urges, magic she didn’t understand stirring throughout her.

"drink my child it will clear your mind of the fuzziness your feeling"

She did as she was told, the urge to shift plaguing her mind and the muscles beneath her pelt rippled as she fought the urge to release whatever it was beneath the surface that wanted to escape. She hoped the tea would help calm her sensitive nerves and muscles. Her head rang with the newly released magic, a buzz growing as she took a drink. She couldn't even process words to say right now, a tremble trickling through her and the light within the tent faltering slightly.

the old woman smiles sweetly.

"be careful hun your powers have been forced dormant for so long they are itching for exercise, if your not careful you may find unwanted attention within the camp."

she got up from her place bones cracking and groaning as she did so.

"it is almost sun down later tonight we walk with the gods, i must get ready for the ceremony, remain here as long as you like dear, i do hope you attend tonight. you are here during a special night we dont perform the ceremony too often"

she exists the tent slowly her bones still popping as she went