Private Tales among friends

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
the general looked up questioningly from his battle plans when he saw gaia his face softened.

he took the scroll and opened it gently placing the feather on his desk.

his eyes moved back and forth as he read the strange dialect.

his hair bristled suddenly if he was a human he would be beet red. it was an embarrassing letter for him it seemed.

he crumples the letter up tossing it in a box of other discarded things and papers.

"i thought it was weird for the king to make me your history master general ga is so much more adept in the history of our people. i guess im your secret combat trainer" he smiles drawing close to her.

"with the coming battle my allegiance is to you ever since i saw you i knew...i mean i hoped.."

he places his paw gently against her cheek

"you were the one, the only one for me, we may be of different breed but something about you has made my heart yearn like it never has before" he pulls away turning his back to her.

"i understand if you dont feel the same way" he turns back around looking determined.

"however regardless of our relationship henceforth i will protect you not because our king claims you are a child of the gods but because from the moment i saw you i knew that i could never live without you and i shall defend you till my last breath or the gods be damned " he growls a bit

She smiled at his softening features, the sight of it making her calm too. She handed him the scroll quietly, watching as he read it, avoiding looking to the letter, not wanting to read any part of it as it was not her letter to read. She noticed him bristle and seemingly cringe a little uncomfortably. She tilted her head slightly, unsure what General Ga had said in the letter but she would never know as General La crumpled the letter up and tossed it away.

"i thought it was weird for the king to make me your history master general ga is so much more adept in the history of our people. i guess im your secret combat trainer"

He smiled as he stepped closer to her, she felt her heart throb behind her breastplate as she felt the tips of his fur disturb her own pelt. Had she been in human form she would have gotten goosebumps.

"with the coming battle my allegiance is to you ever since i saw you i knew...i mean i hoped. His paw raised to rest against her cheek and she leaned into it softly as he continued
"you were the one, the only one for me, we may be of different breed but something about you has made my heart yearn like it never has before"

He moved away, his back to her as he cheek was left suddenly colder. She watched him quietly as she listened to his words closely. "i understand if you dont feel the same way. However regardless of our relationship henceforth i will protect you not because our king claims you are a child of the gods but because from the moment i saw you i knew that i could never live without you and i shall defend you till my last breath or the gods be damned "

She smiled softly at his words and stepped to him this time, lifting her chin to gently rub her cheek against his, a soft purr trailing through her throat, tail lashing softly as she rested her hand against his chest gently. She brought her muzzle to his ear and whispered "I feel the same way..." short and sweet. She backed gently from him and smiled to await his reaction

the general was speechless for a moment. then he seemed to pull back to reality shakeing his head a bit

"im glad" he smiles watching her for a moment before forcing himself from her gaze clearing his throat a bit

he turned around and went back behind his desk

"we cant train now, i must plan the evacuation routes in case we are overtaken by the enemy if we are attacked the barrier spells around the camp will hold them off for some time, if this is an invasion there forces will most certainly be ten fold to what we are used to dealing with so escape is very important, once we are alerted of the attack you and i as well as most of the breeders and all of our children will be ready to evacuate by then." he begins righting on the map he was looking at

"im glad" he said as he backed away before forcing his gave away and coughing to clear his throat as he moved to his desk.

"we cant train now, i must plan the evacuation routes in case we are overtaken by the enemy if we are attacked the barrier spells around the camp will hold them off for some time, if this is an invasion there forces will most certainly be ten fold to what we are used to dealing with so escape is very important, once we are alerted of the attack you and i as well as most of the breeders and all of our children will be ready to evacuate by then."

She moved to his desk before moving around to be next to him. She delicately lowered herself to her knees to sit besides him while he planned, leaning back on her heels in silence, folding her hands on her lap.She listened quietly but had little input on war and could not see his paperwork from where she sat. Her long tail lashed from side to side as she sat there, trying to ignore his scent as he planned their escape.

"Perhaps us a whole need to rethink whom we abuse...." She said softly as she eyed him slightly. "we wouldn't have to worry about them coming to attack us if we didn't butcher them like sheep"[ /i]

he sighs and places his quill down.

"you are a kind soul, your words would be true if it weren't for our history with the savages it would be simple to flee this land to ignore them and live out our lives devoted to the gods and rebuilding our people."

he picks up his quill once more

"the savages aren't attacking because we have captured and harvested the lives of there people, the savages revil in others pain they seek to exploit everything that roams this land left unchecked they have infested the woods of falwood, they have committed atrocities' beyond reason. they sell others to the slave guilds and those they dont sell they eat. the blafamy they spew is that there gods of death and war made them the chosen all other life forms be they man or beast are theres to do with as they please." the grip on his quill snaped it in half and he grould a bit pulling another from his drawer.

"im sorry i growled, there was a raid 12 months back they took my mother, im sorry for what my people have to do to end the bloodshed and misery the savages bring to this land but the king has willed it , i follow the kings will he speaks for the gods and they speak through him why would he lie, they must be demons there's no other explanation for there actions, and they call us white devils" he scoffs a bit writing on a piece of paper vigorously

"you are a kind soul, your words would be true if it weren't for our history with the savages it would be simple to flee this land to ignore them and live out our lives devoted to the gods and rebuilding our people."

She tilted her head slightly at his words, letting him continue without intersecting though she definitely had something to say about it. She watched him pick up his Quill to begin writing again as he spoke. "the savages aren't attacking because we have captured and harvested the lives of there people, the savages revil in others pain they seek to exploit everything that roams this land left unchecked they have infested the woods of falwood, they have committed atrocities' beyond reason. they sell others to the slave guilds and those they dont sell they eat. the blafamy they spew is that there gods of death and war made them the chosen all other life forms be they man or beast are theres to do with as they please."

She flinched as he growled and snapped the Quill, frowning slightly, his ease into anger unsettling slightly. He grabbed another as she eyed him slightly.

"im sorry i growled, there was a raid 12 months back they took my mother, im sorry for what my people have to do to end the bloodshed and misery the savages bring to this land but the king has willed it , i follow the kings will he speaks for the gods and they speak through him why would he lie, they must be demons there's no other explanation for there actions, and they call us white devils"

"And do you not think that they're saying the same thing about you all... you think you're all high and mighty. To a bug, a spider is the murderer...." she'd gotten a little too bold with her tongue and she shut up quickly, whether these people thought her a goddess, she was still a slave. In one form or another and she knew better than to be so rash.

• Love
Reactions: king dac'are
" i do not think my self higher than any creature, however the savages do, it is our duty to protect the innocents that they lay waste to, we've seen villages mascaraed by raiding party's we have heard stories of there tastes for elf flesh how they breed and farm elves like cattle selling the lucky few to the slave markets, when they eat the elf flesh it turns them into rabbid beasts they loose all sense of self and revert to pure animal instinct sometimes to celebrate they go to a village kill the children and laugh at the anguish of the parents then they burn the whole place to the ground. our people go to villages preach the word of the gods and give food and blankets to the poor, maybe that doesn't mean we can exact punishment on an entire race but if we dont who will? the leaders of this world care very little for the weak and poor, they sit in there fortresses of stone and hide from the horrors of the world doing nothing."

he stands abruptly and goes over to a shelf pulling something from a shelf. it was a small pendant of some kind made from a ruby.

"this is a stone meant to assign rank, when we had the numbers one would were this on their belt, right now theres not much need everyone knows who the generals in the camp are. i have 1 most generals hold 10 before they become generals. i was given 1 as a starting rank, my opinion means little to the other generals even the younger generals hold more than me. you know i wanted to be an explorer? but coming here i had to become a general i trained and became the best of the best fighters worthy to leave the homelands with the king but my bloodlust outcasts me and my rank shames me i cannot change my peoples ways on my own"

She listened quietly to Genera La speak about the savages and what they did, though she said nothing in response. She still did not think all Savages could be these gruesome maniacs he described, but what did she know was that not everyone fit into a box and just they're born savages does not make them as such.

She flinched slightly as he suddenly stood, tilting her head to watch him as he moved to a shelf, grabbing a pendant.

She listened to him again before speaking.

"Well, allegedly that's why I am here. She said softly, dragging her tongue over her muzzle slowly.

the flap to the tent opened suddenly the large form of general gail filling the entry way as he ducked inside having to slouch even in this large tent

cra ull was in the form of a hawk perched on the generals shoulder

"this bird told me to bring her to you?' he looks questioningly at gaia seeming a bit afraid to have the bird on his shoulder

"did i do good?" he asks Gaia almost like a child.

Gaia startled slightly as the tent opened, then she stood in silence to look to the General. She lifted her nose slightly, scenting the air and could tell who the hawk was by the scent.

"this bird told me to bring her to you? Did I do good?"

"Yes, thank you." She said softly as she walked to him, putting her hand out for Cra to move to. The sharp talons of the birds feet looked menacing and painful but she didn't care.

"Hello Cra'ull"

i carefully settled on her arm trying my best not to harm her. the general i had been perched on before bowing slightly before running from the tent. he took quite a jump into the air hearing a hawk address him directly

i put my beak to her ear and whispered in an almost human sounding voice.

"i spotted a rather sizable force more than a hundred soldiers, seemingly all men they carry a lion hes gray but seems to be a pure blood, the lion isn't captured, hes in a throne carried by what looks like human slaves. they are coming from the east and will be on us within an hour"

i didnt care to let the general hear me i wasn't sure what was happening here but something just doesn't seem right

Gaia looked to General La as Cra' spoke jnto her ear, listening quietly. She rose a slight brow at the description of those coming to them. She nodded softly before relaying the message.

"We have visitors inbound. Cra'ull has spotted a hundred plus soldiers carrying a grey lion, but she says he appears to be a pure blood. He rides on a throne carried by what looks like human slaves. They comE from the East and will be here within an hour"

Gaia watched him closely, watching for his reaction.

general la rushed to his desk scooping up his evacuation plans.

"that's not nearly as much time as i thought we had, we need this info to make it to the king, you go he will be in his war tent tell him the news, i must get these plans to my lieutenants so that they can start to prepare for an evacuation."

he gave a slight bow then left the tent before leaving he turns and holler's.

"ill meet you in the war room shortly" then he jogs away

She watched him quietly begin to panic,, raising her brow as he scooped up plans in a hurry.

"that's not nearly as much time as i thought we had, we need this info to make it to the king, you go he will be in his war tent tell him the news, i must get these plans to my lieutenants so that they can start to prepare for an evacuation."

He bowed... she shook her head slightly as he stopped and spoke again.

"ill meet you in the war room shortly"

She nodded, eyed Cra'ull then headed to the kings war tent silently. When they got there she ducked in quietly.

"Your highness She said... waiting for his acknowledgement.

the king was looking over maps of the area a few generals talked about battle plans they all fell silent when they saw gaia.

the king looked up from the plans.

"hello your eminence" he said bowing the other generals bowed as well following his lead.

"how can i help you?"

She did not waste any time with the niceties as he acknowledged her, telling him exactly what she'd told General La. "We have visitors inbound. Cra'ull has spotted a hundred plus soldiers carrying a grey lion, but she says he appears to be a pure blood. He rides on a throne carried by what looks like human slaves. They come from the East and will be here within an hour. General La is aware and working on getting word to his Lieutenants

She said nothing else, just waiting for the king to advise what he'd like her to do. Her long tail lashed from side to side in a slow movement, she could feel the other Generals staring at her and it made her nervous. General La being around her made her feel at ease... but he wasn't here right now.

the king looked at the maps then at gaia and back to his maps.

"well that changes things, we expected far less how they have managed to organize a force so large in such little time is more troubling it means our projected pride numbers needs adjustment, as for the pure blood the sacred texts speak of a few of us that stayed behind to try to guide the savages back to the darkness so either this army headed our way is a welcoming party or the more likely scenario the people who left us long ago to stay with them have bread offspring sympathetic to the savages "

he begins rewriting some battle plans.

general la enters the war tent a short while later. looking a bit confused. he has a scroll in his hand

"um my lord a messenger boy came here ahead of the attack he gave us this scroll to be delivered to you, we caged the savage boy for now"

the king grabs the letter and begins reading it quietly.

he growls throwing it unto the table in anger. the letter was in there native writing so only they could read it but each general looked degusted by what they read.

finally the king addresses gaia

"there spiritual leader seems to have deep a un fathomable understanding of ancient laws, laws we are sworn to follow founded by the the ordinal cardinal kings, they also happen to be laws we no longer use" he yells clawing the maps on the table into shreds in anger.

"they wish to in a sense parlay with us, its called a da,ra the army is to ensure the da,ra be honored. their leaders and ours will meet on neutral ground away from camp. i will take general la gaia and our three medicine women for now they serve as our spiritual leaders as well"

"well that changes things, we expected far less how they have managed to organize a force so large in such little time is more troubling it means our projected pride numbers needs adjustment, as for the pure blood the sacred texts speak of a few of us that stayed behind to try to guide the savages back to the darkness so either this army headed our way is a welcoming party or the more likely scenario the people who left us long ago to stay with them have bread offspring sympathetic to the savages "

She listened in silence, eyeing Cra'ull on her shoulder as she stood there, watching the king begin to quickly scramble to rewrite his plans. Then General La walked in with a scroll in hand, the look of confusion plastered upon his face.

"um my lord a messenger boy came here ahead of the attack he gave us this scroll to be delivered to you, we caged the savage boy for now"

They caged the child... what for? Fury burned her flesh beneath her fur as her ears rested against her skull and she looked to La, but she kept it held her anger back by a thin line. The King read the letter, growled then seemed to dissolve into a temper tantrum which was followed by the General's reading the letter and also seemingly becoming angry. The king turned to her

"there spiritual leader seems to have deep a un fathomable understanding of ancient laws, laws we are sworn to follow founded by the the ordinal cardinal kings, they also happen to be laws we no longer use"

He was yelling now, his claws shredding the maps on the table. A slight growl pressed forth from her chest, a warning that she was less than impressed and less than afraid of his anger. The sound was an instinctual sound, one a female would make around any angry male, letting the male know that they would defend themselves if need be.

"they wish to in a sense parlay with us, its called a da,ra the army is to ensure the da,ra be honored. their leaders and ours will meet on neutral ground away from camp. i will take general la gaia and our three medicine women for now they serve as our spiritual leaders as well"

She shook her head and chuckled... " So these "Savages" want to have a peaceful meeting rather than fight and this is how you behave? And who are the Savages here?" her eyes turned on La, while she did have a massive crush on him... his actions greatly disgusted her and she shook her head... " Caging a child? Really was that necessary?" She turned her eyes back to the king "You expect me to go with you? You refuse to listen to anything I say why should I bother? Perhaps their savagery is worse than yours... but perhaps your actions made them go to that extreme. She was ready for punishment should it come, still not used to having any power over much. She stood her ground however, showing no sign of being worried.

general las ears fell flat to his skull and he seemed ashamed. he exits the tent abruptly and returns meer moments later with a crate. he opens it and a young boy crawls out rubbing his eyes he had been sleeping as if nothing was amiss he looks around wide eyed the other generals are astonished by general las actions.

general la looks to gaia

"i do not wish to upset you non of us do"

he growls at the other generals who have taken a defensive stance around the king looking at the boy with disgust and anger. the king has a blank expression on his face clearing his throat.

"the general has a point her eminence is upset by the treatment of this young savage, repent your actions to her so that your hearts remain pure"

the generals looked confused as the king approaches gaia he looks down at her his face empty of emotion suddenly, then to everyone's surprise he kneels in front of her bowing his head

"your eminence forgive me for my anger and my prejudices against the savages of falwoods, the ancient texts teach to fear them but we also fear our gods"

the other generals one by one approached gaia kneeling and asking for forgiveness.

the boy watched gaia for a moment from his place on the floor. then he stood and approached her himself.

"my name is travor callen, you appear to be the leader here. you may call me tray. you have a very pretty companion"
he speaks smoothly and quietly looking at the bird in awe, he was no more than 12 winters old but he handled himself like a little diplomat

"i would be honored to escort you and your delegation to the neutral meeting place we have set up, our delegation is there as well"

he gives her a bow and clasps his hands behind his back

General La brought the crated cub in and released the young one, who seemed unphased by having been in a cage, which in itself disgusted her, that anyone would be so accustomed to a cage, especially a child. Even she, a slave hated being caged.

"i do not wish to upset you non of us do General La said softly before a growl erupted from his throat at the other generals who seemed to want to defend the king from the child.

She rolled her eyes slightly and was about to speak when the King stepped to her and spoke to his guards. "the general has a point her eminence is upset by the treatment of this young savage, repent your actions to her so that your hearts remain pure" The king knelt before her, bowing his head slightly as he spoke to her "Your eminence forgive me for my anger and my prejudices against the savages of falwoods, the ancient texts teach to fear them but we also fear our gods"

She had no clue how to react to such actions to her... the only thing she could think to do was reach her hand down and rest it on his head gently in a sign of acceptance and softness. The other generals followed suit and she did the same to each. She looked to La as he approached and the faintest of smiles broke her stern face for him, she found herself lost in his eyes for a second before he knelt and she touched him head as well.

When La walked away the boy stood and then approached.

"my name is travor callen, you appear to be the leader here. you may call me tray. you have a very pretty companion.
I would be honored to escort you and your delegation to the neutral meeting place we have set up, our delegation is there as well"

He bowed lightly, his hands held behind his back. Her steely blue grey eyes watched him for a moment, he was intelligent for sure... old for his age without a doubt... worth keeping an eye on definitely, but not worth caging. She nodded softly at his words.... not correcting that she was actually not the leader here... let them think that. If she were in fact a goddess as they all thought, and things went bad at the meeting, they would strike at her and she would no doubt survive. Better that than them do harm to the King. From what everyone seemed to think, she had powers she didn't even know about... if that were true... she was better protected than the true leader.

the king smiled a bit. "on second thought general la will speak for me in the negotiations if they fail i dont want to be in the middle of a perfect ambush, no the wise women will go and two guards for protection, general la you must defend gaia with your life, i shall remain here and take care of the rest of the issues on our end" he grins

he exits the tent from a back exit the other generals follow, general la growls a bit.

"the king rather hide and risk our lives"

the boy smiles. "shall we be off? i trust your attendant general la here will gather the people who are to accompany you?"

general la looks questioningly at the boy then shoos away a guard to go get the old women

"on second thought general la will speak for me in the negotiations if they fail i dont want to be in the middle of a perfect ambush, no the wise women will go and two guards for protection, general la you must defend gaia with your life, i shall remain here and take care of the rest of the issues on our end" The king grinned as he exited through the back exit, along with the other generals.

"the king rather hide and risk our lives" General La growled and Gaia nodded, but said nothing. She would not speak ill of the king in the presence of the child who per everyone else was on the side of evil.

The cub smiled "shall we be off? i trust your attendant general la here will gather the people who are to accompany you?"

She nodded silently, eying General La with a soft, almost secret smile.

"Once the others get here we will leave." She advised those in attendance. She closed her eyes quietly and followed her instincts, concentrating on the shadows of the night which would surround them as they walked. She had no training in what she was doing and she had no idea how long she could hold onto her shadow magic if needed but she would do her best to protect those around her, and herself should she need it.

The lights in the tent flickered only very slightly, like a candle flickers and only those that knew her power would guess she had anything to do with it. When she opened her eyes again she looked to La and he'd notice her steely eyes only slightly darker. The darkness symbolized her connection to the shadows which began to form shapes in the darkness of night.

general la bristled a bit and cleared his throat.

"lets head for the east passage. the old woman should meet us there"

the boy look puzzled a moment then seemed to understand.

"it seems women do not hold much value among the purebloods" he says matter of factly as he exits the tent.

general la grimaced a bit and led gai out of the tent.

at the passage which was as before just a tree. the others gathered two guards and the old women a mage stood ready to open the passage.

the boy eyes the tree suspiciously

"is this a gate or a portal?" he asks the mage standing beside it.

"its more like a tunnel a path you walk through to get beyond our barrier magic, the way is also magic so you forget that you even walked yourself out of the Forrest. it seems like a portal but it is merely a gate savages couldn't understand"

the boy smiled and looked at the tree some more

"lets head for the east passage. the old woman should meet us there" She eyed him, his fur bristled slightly, seemingly irritated that she seemed to be taking charge of the situation, so much so that even the boy commented which cause Gaia to frown as it was not wise to show tension in the ranks to the supposed enemies.

"it seems women do not hold much value among the purebloods"

"one would definitely think that...." She said sharply, eyeing General La as he grimaced and lead her out of the tent. She followed in silence, long tail lashing from side to side annoyedly, though it's twitching calmed as they reached the tree where the others were gathered.

"is this a gate or a portal?" The young one asked one of the mages.

"its more like a tunnel a path you walk through to get beyond our barrier magic, the way is also magic so you forget that you even walked yourself out of the Forrest. it seems like a portal but it is merely a gate savages couldn't understand"

She shook her head slightly at the statement but said nothing about it as they headed through the trees.

the walk was quiet after they exited the camp it was not to long before the trees opened to a field in the middle of that field sat a throne of sorts it had a cloth cover providing shade a very old man sat in the chair. each side of the chair was made to be lifted. 3 slaves stood on each side two of them ran to set up chairs across from the old mans chair they gestured for gaia and general la and the old women to sit, they were happy to take a seat the short walk was the most walking they did all day.

general la sat as well.

the old man looked shaky his grey and white mane was dreaded and so long it reached the floor, his robes were clean. a male blood elf stood beside him. he took a bow, as everyone sat

"my name is Julius i am his Holinesses attendant. i will be here as a stand by incase his holiness um becomes ill"

the old man eyes everyone, slowly raising his brow at gaia questioningly

he points a shaky finger at general la

"you are- are-" he pauses and begins coughing a slave tends to him wiping blood from his maw and giving him water.

he clears his throat

"you are pure bloods, i never thought id see the day when my own kind would set foot back on the main land" he begins coughing again more blood was wiped from his mouth and he was given water once more.

the old man falls silent again looking to his attendant and nodding.

"i apologies his holiness is in poor health, the reason we have come here is because we were ordered by the lord who presides over our eastern tribes, we are to ask what has become of men from several tribes along the eastern territory's one such tribe was recently attacked and no one survived but many are missing, our lord does not wish to be forced into another war but if this attack on our people is not rectified hes ready for one, we are here to make sure this does not happen."

the slaves begin lighting fires in large iron braziers as the sun sets the light illuminates everyone in a odd glow.