Private Tales among friends

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
i was feeling hungry and so i carefully exited my bottle, turning to a pelican, it was surprising to be left alone. i found a bucket sitting on the floor near the exit of the tent as if placed there for me.

i took the handle in my beak and fluttered from the tent taking a low flight to the pond. setting the bucket down and i sat beside it just as i noticed Gaia across from were i was. i took back to the sky circling the pond. swooping down catching fish and water in my mouth and dumping them in the bucket. im sure i did this for at least ten minutes but sometimes when im low on energy i get stuck doing tasks for longer than i need to so who knows. once the bucket had 4 or 5 fish i went down to it and returned to my liquid state to feast. moment later i feel good enough for a half cheetah half human form i morph into the she tiger form i walk casually over to gaia kneeling down beside her.

"must have been some party, i could feel the tribes presence from the medical tents last night, normally i dont sense anything except for strong individuals, it felt like danger though"

i say eyeing a weird rock formation that seemed outta place near the pond i shrug and lay back in the grass suning myself

Gaia watched the bird catching fish, lifting her head to the sky and eying it, something seemed very familiar about it and when she picked up the scent she recognized it.. She smiled softly, laying back against the dirt, relaxing silently.

"must have been some party, i could feel the tribes presence from the medical tents last night, normally i dont sense anything except for strong individuals, it felt like danger though"

Gaia opened her eyes, rolling to her stomach and smiled faintly, long tail lashing from side to side.

"Yea... some worship thing... I am not sure I am born of the same world as these lions. What do you think of General La?" She asked quietly, trying to sway the discussion away from the Gods nonsense that she really didn't understand.

i giggled a bit. "the solids seem to obsess over origins i never understood it myself, as for the general hes interesting, spends most his time studying the things in this land that is new to him. hes wrote scrolls and books on me alone, over all he was a good pass time. he would feed and study me and i would eat and study him. a most intriguing solid if i've ever met one"

i roll over onto all fours and crawl to the water looking down at my reflection resting on my belly

"ive learned to fear the solids but there was always something different about him, most solids see you transform and want to contain you but he studied me for months and never tried to capture me, he learned my habits and would spend each day tracking my movements. i got tired of our game and started eating closer to camp eventually i just tagged along one day, figured he seemed like a good solid to be around and if he turned on me i could just eat him in his sleep"

i sit up and shrug looking up at the sky

"the solids seem to obsess over origins i never understood it myself, as for the general hes interesting, spends most his time studying the things in this land that is new to him. hes wrote scrolls and books on me alone, over all he was a good pass time. he would feed and study me and i would eat and study him. a most intriguing solid if i've ever met one"

Gaia watched her quietly creep towards the water, a slow grin beginning to seep onto her muzzle, her tongue slowly slipping from her mouth to drag over her pelt as she continued speaking

"ive learned to fear the solids but there was always something different about him, most solids see you transform and want to contain you but he studied me for months and never tried to capture me, he learned my habits and would spend each day tracking my movements. i got tired of our game and started eating closer to camp eventually i just tagged along one day, figured he seemed like a good solid to be around and if he turned on me i could just eat him in his sleep"

Gaia chuckled "I suppose so... is he mated? " She asked curiously... the healers words echoing in her mind as she watched her friend... she'd thought to playfully pounce the other feline formed female, but instead, asking questions seemed more fitting .

i chuckle a bit and eye gaia

"ive not seen him with another female if that's what you mean by 'mated' "

i roll over and approach gaia on all fours closely

"do you want him as your mate?"

i ask quietly smiling and eyeing her quiz idly. i pull back into a sitting position and sigh.

"i once had a 'mate' as you put it, but it couldn't be. we were far too different. i took the form of a girl he liked shortly before she died i found her beaten and robbed seemed like a decent meal at the time but it was the first form that showed me the pain of love, be careful it can both uplift you and tear you down"

look up at the sun as it slowly reaches noon

Gaia nodded softly.

"Being in love has never ocurred to me.... it was nothing a slave would ever expect... dream of, of course I think all do at one point or another. He is... quiet attractive... and I am sorry for your loss but yes, I have heard love hurts.

She shrugged slightly as she looked to her friend with a smile.

"Alot of things hurt"

i frown "yes but power can make it hurt less, i see your potential you could make this whole tribe young again if you used all your strength, course that would kill you in the end. i can say that the only reason i purched on your shoulder is i could sense your power untapped, ive no idea as to my own age but in all the time ive lived ive never sensed anything so powerful"

i look her in her eyes and stare deeply

"you could rule the lands if you wanted to and i could follow you to the end of your rule, you can have whoever you want" i look away eyeing the rock formation near the pondPhoto_1920x1080_2021-07-04_14-04-21.png

she tilted her head slightly at Cra's words and then simply nodded. "I will keep all of that in mind..." She said softly as she looked to the water. She suddenly realized how tired she also was... and frowned, slowly getting to her feet.

"You are not my pet, friend... you can move about as you so desire... I am going to find a tree to nap in, or something." She said softly. If she'd felt weird as a slave amongst them, she felt even weirder as some "amazing" goddess, whatever that meant. She sighed and smiled tiredly.

i bowed my head acknowledgingly "do as you must i intend to rest here and eat the fish all day"

Gaia smiled and moved past Cra... resting her hand on the top of her head for a moment before continuing on. As she walked she groaned. She should go be with the lions, she knew that but she didn't feel like being social. She groaned and headed to the pride tents, looking around quietly.

She found herself at the interrogations tent and she ducked in curious as to what tortures were being dealt this moment, but everything was quiet for the second in time

inside the tent is a savage tied to a post. hes older looking and sits slumped on the ground, gaia enterers and hides when she sees a female mage standing in front of the savage. the mage pulls a large crystal from the bag on her side, its a dark purple stone. she begins to chant a few words unintelligible to gaia the stone glows dark energy only gaia and the mage can see, it whips and wurls for a bit as the mage ends her chant the tendrils shoot out towards the savage. he growls as a light mist leaves his mouth it swirls around attempting to rise up into the air. the dark glowing tendrils snatch it from the air drawing it into the crystal, the crystal turns white glowing as the mage bags it and exits the back of the tent. heading off to another tent. the savage is dead and now slumped lifeless to the ground

Gaia frowned as she watched another loss of life because they were different. She shook her head. If she were a goddess, this would be addressed... perhaps it was just her not understanding or ever being around this type of group... but it disgusted her.

When the mage left she slipped from her hiding space and moved to the body, closing her eyes and resting her hand on his head quietly. She rested her forehead against his shoulder

"I am sorry fellow creature of nature..."

She said softly, feeling sick to her stomach.

the mage went from tent to tent exiting from each with another glowing stone in her pouch, the last and final tent she entered she seemed to stay in it a long time. suddenly a yowl could be heard a clatter and crash. out from the tent walks a savage. blood dripping from a chewed off paw, the other paw grasping the severed head of the mage from before. he tosses it to the ground, looking longingly at the sky. a growl leaves his throat as he goes into another tent. inside he finds some bandages and wraps his wound, stopping to kiss the forehead of his fallen brother before leaving the tent. he seemingly is looking for something as he sniffs crates and barrels around the interrogation tents opening them and growling in frustration when he could not find whatever it is he was searching for

Gaia was walking out of the tent asnshe heard the yowl then saw the 'savages walking out of the tent, sniffing crates and barrels. She ducked back into the tent she'd come from, closing her eyes and trying to focus on the shadows around her, trying to think of what to do, hoping against hope that the brute wouldn't come in here as she struggled to think of what to do.

the savage enters each tent carefully searching eventually he enters hers he smells her immediately though his senses are all hindered. gaia can see his face covered in scars one eye is heald closed and the other is a murky silver weather he can see at all would be a miracle. half his nose is chewed off yet another old scar. he steps back startled for a moment. she didn't seem that big but the savages instincts were yelling 'danger and 'run away'.

"ive fought many in battle and i still fight, but i wont fight you, if you wish to kill me please do"

he says slowly and with a lisp revealing yet another battle wound gaia realized the savage had half a tongue

he turns his back to her to kiss the forehead of the dead savage he pulls out a knife and begins scalping the dead body expertly slicing the pelt from the body until he had a strip. he put it in a satchel he had on

he looks at gaia for a long moment watching her while sitting on a crate looking puzzled "your not a white devil" he says bluntly referring to the pure bloods. looking relieved suddenly

She backed as he came in, she said nothing and just watched him quietly. Her overly long tail lashing from side to side as he sat down. They looked at each other, both puzzled by the other.

"I am no white devil... you are correct "

She said softly as she looked to him quietly. He was worn, tattered and beaten through the years shs could tell. She felt pain for him as she looked to him. He could have killed her but did not...

"You're also no monster." She said softly

he chuckles "monster no, i suppose i am not." he looks puzzled again

"your not a white devil?" he repeats then shakes his head. then looks calm once more.

"im sorry my mind sometimes does not work right i thought i had said that before but i cant remember" he gets up and begins rummaging in boxes and pots once more muttering to himself.

"were would they keep the things found on us when we were captured?" he says seemingly talking to gaia but not faceing her just continueing to search

"I do not know.... you need to get out of here. They will kill you if they find you and they're guaranteed to be headed this way with the noise you made..."

She said softly, eyeing him a little. They would not listen to her when they came and she didn't want another to die.

She was nervous, but not sure which had her more nervous... this male before her, or those that would come for him and what would happen if she tried to save him.

he giggles a bit at that, then he gasps pulling another satchel similar to his own from a crate. he rips it open and retrieves a necklace with a strange pendant a green palm sized crystle.

"you see we were told to carry these by our shamen" he crushes the rock in his hand revealing a small flute that was trapped inside. he blows on it but it seemingly makes no noise "and now we wait, death comes for us all eventually." he sighs siting back down on the box

She frowned slightly, taking a slow breath as she looked to the door, deciding whether to leave or stay. She could not decide, her two sides fighting whether to save this feline or leave him to his fate. She sighed and headed for the door... if he wanted death, as it seemed he did, there was nothing she could do about it and she would not go against his wishes.

the savage looks pleased with himself "death isnt something to fear, its something to look forward to" he smiles. as gaia leaves the tent she runs straight into a general she had not met yet, he looked older than the rest of the young generals in the camp.

"who were you talking to miss"

he looked around her peering into the tent but not seeing anything

"A ghost" she said softly... a true statement as of he stayed in there he would be dead shortly. She said nothing else and just headed away for the moment. Thinking with a major frown on her muzzle.

She stopped after walking quiet a distance. Sitting down silently under a tree, mumbling softly as she looked around and leaned back against the tree quietly.

"that was rather interesting" i hiss. im in a snake form slithering from the bushes. i look to the interrogation tents in the distance as roars are heard for a moment then silence.

"ill never understand the honor in dying" i hiss. slithering around gaias leg and up around her chest like a sash.

"most didn't hear it. i assume you didn't either. that creature set off a siren and any creature that's willing to be captured and killed just to set off a noise isn't good in my experience, i fear this camp will be in the throws of battle my sun fall." i hiss quietly looking around eyeing the tree line. "they have been watching us somehow, they know when a rest day begins" i sigh "they aren't the dumb brutes theses people claim them to be" i hiss quietly

Gaia looked to Cra quietly, listening to her with a nod.

"Well if that's their God's wishes.... there is nothing we can do to change it... now is there?"

She said curtly.

"Sorry, not trying to be bitchy at you... just irritated with the situation. " she said softly as she shook her head and looked to the sky.

Last edited:
i hiss a chuckle her words seemed true to me

"things that are worshipped as gods rarely exhibit the traits you would expect from a loving god" i hiss annoyed as well

"however this being were we reside currently its become our issue as well, if you trust in their gods to save us then we can sit and do nothing but if you dont we must act and do something even if its just running away from here before a battle starts. im with you to the end of your life regardless" i hiss bluntly