Private Tales among friends

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Gaia finished the tea as she old woman smiled and spoke again "be careful hun your powers have been forced dormant for so long they are itching for exercise, if your not careful you may find unwanted attention within the camp." and with that the woman stood, cracking and groaning slightly. Gaia tilted her head as she looked to the woman. "it is almost sun down later tonight we walk with the gods, i must get ready for the ceremony, remain here as long as you like dear, i do hope you attend tonight. you are here during a special night we dont perform the ceremony too often"

And with that the woman was gone. Gaia looked around the tent… before heading after her. She felt, empty. Now she felt the tingle of whatever her powers were and she wanted to use them, but didn’t know how, or what would happen if she did. She felt the tug, seemingly in 2 different directions, to shift and she had to mentally control the desire to just let the feeling take over. She frowned as she looked around the outside before heading in the way of where she’d sleep, more trying to get somewhere out of the way than anything.

ms maw stands beside the tent as if she were waiting for gaia. she had a dandy lion in her hand and was humming to her self, she looks excited as she sees gaia

"oh hello dear" she eats the dandelion suddenly and ducks into the tent coming out once more with a bowl of cold stew.

"this is for you, i had the cooks make a meat stew for you we dont eat meat that often but i wont judge you if you decide too" she says in her chirpy tone. shoving the stew in gaias hands without stopping her jittery talking she continues on.

"the ceremony starts at high moon if you wish to sleep before than you should. the ceremony lasts till sun up then we rest tomorrow work is forbidden and we fast the whole day so eat up! now im going to enjoy prayer its not required but you may pray with us after you eat" and with that ms maw waddles off

"oh hello dear"

Gaia blinked as she saw the plump Ms. Maw standing beside the tent she now recognized. She felt so drained, Ms Maw’s bouncing around almost irked her, but she forced a smile as the female forced some stew into her hands. The smell hit her senses and she felt her stomach lurch, she closed her eyes against the dizziness as Ms. Maw continued chirping loudly.

"this is for you, i had the cooks make a meat stew for you we dont eat meat that often but i wont judge you if you decide too"

Gaia clenched her jaw, rapidly loosing control of the shift that begged to happen. She shuddered slightly as Ms Maw continued talking.. For a fleeting moment Gaia thought .oO(“Will she never shut up?”) This way of thought… this temper was very abnormal for her. The shadow magic which for so long had been pent up making her feel aggression, anger like she’d never felt before.

"the ceremony starts at high moon if you wish to sleep before than you should. the ceremony lasts till sun up then we rest tomorrow work is forbidden and we fast the whole day so eat up! now im going to enjoy prayer its not required but you may pray with us after you eat"

Then the woman waddled off. Gaia groaned, thankful for the silence as she ducked into the tent, putting the bowl down and laying on a cot, not even bothering to figure out if it was hers. She could hear the praying, a bit off from where she was. Her direct area seemed quiet and she finally let go of the hold she had on the desire to shift, letting her body do what it so badly wanted. Laying there on the bed she shrunk into the much smaller pure snow leopard form that was her true form. She was plumper in the form smaller but her fur looked the same and her over all body just lacked the humanoid features. She panted slightly as she drug herself to her paws, doing her best to look at her body, though without a mirror she couldn’t get all of her form in view.

Well… now that she knew what feeling to focus on to shift… she focused once again on it and within moments she was shifting again. She’d never seen herself in other forms, so she did not know what all she could do. The little bit of light in the tent went out as she focused, shadowed encompassing the light and pain tore through her as her muscles shifted and her fur melted away. Her thickly padded paws elongated as her fur melted, leaving just flesh in its wake, her bones stretching into fingers, claws shortening to nails. Darkness began shadowing her mind and she moved to the cot, laying down as the pain embraced her and she passed out. She’d shifted into her human form, nude, the shift complete moments before she’d fallen to the darkness.

Last edited:
general bac stalked the near empty camp most had gone to the fields for prayer but he felt something different in the air. hes not as adept at most in magic but his senses could faintly sense it when it was strong.

he gets to all fours and sniffs the ground. his eyes flash in the night, the sent clear in his nose.

"ms maws tent?" he questions aloud. he peaks into the tent find gaia there. he smiles a sick grin, in her sleep he ties her up with lengths of leather shes so deep in sleep she does not wake. he wraps a pelt around her small human form and ties more lengths of leather rope around her feet middle and neck. to fasten the pelt to cover her indecent form when he tightens it that is the moment gaia wakes, how she managed to fall asleep so deep was foreign to her she hadn't done so for awhile

"hello false friend i see the sisters finally released your evil" he whispers cackling quietly like an hyena,

"you have no idea how fortunate it is you came here this day, i mean i knew my plans would go well but i didnt think they would turn out this well" he smiles his demeanor seems far different than the way he presents himself in public.

She slept heavy, the strain on her body bringing forth nightmares, one of which the King made an appearance. In her coma like sleep the scent of the general mixed with her senses and he crept into her dream for a moment. His paws on her as before, she snarled in her dream, the sound escaping her throat in reality as his paws in fact did begin to work on her. She was deep in her dreams and she felt his fur against her flesh, though in reality it was the pelt he wrapped her in that she felt. She growled again as he wrapped her up tightly.

She awoke groggy and drained, her energy and power gone, even the ability to comprehend what was going on was lacking severely. The general’s smug sneer melted into her consciousness as he spoke. "hello false friend i see the sisters finally released your evil, you have no idea how fortunate it is you came here this day, i mean i knew my plans would go well but i didnt think they would turn out this well"

She drug her tongue over her dry lips as she blinked her ice blue eyes, groaning slightly. She hardly knew what was going on, this feline was familiar but her brain was having a hard time linking him to the hatred his scent brought. Her nightmares had kept her from sleeping restfully, so she was as drained as she had been before she’d slept and as he picked her up she slipped back into unconsciousness for a moment, limp in his grasp.

he carries her to the group of lions all bowing and praying in an open field in the camp. a huge stone slab sat at the back of the field on it was the kings throne a different chair made of stone as well and carved with many different lions.. the old sisters sat on a lower stage with similar stone chairs. three wooden chairs sit on each side of the kings chair. to his right is his daughters there bodys dressed in dark polished jewels to the kings left 3 woman of similar dressing sit proudly on there chairs looking over the praying lions. besides the children most of the lions were here.

the general tosses her onto the stage in front of the king triumphantly interrupting the kings own prayer. he looks down recognize the girl. his wife's rush to her side and immediately tending to her untying her.

""what is the meaning of this" the king bellows at the general. who stood proudly before the people. he holds a scroll of paper.

"this is a declaration of challenge. i bring this creature as further proof of the kings ailing mind, he allowed himself to make far too many mistakes that has cost lives at every turn, do you really think that bringing this trickster into our mists is a good idea? his track record thus far would suggest this creature will only bring us more misery! so signed here are four generals signatures including mine we four make up most of your army, my soldiers will support me. you cannot refuse this challenge"

the kings body is calm but his chest heaves with anger and his eyes are like fire in the night. he suddenly lets out a roar that startles everyone in the crowd.

"you dare challenge me?" he bellows " and on the night we commune with the gods? such disrespect has never come fourth before this day" he growls standing from his throne.

the generals comrades step from the crowd and joins behind him.

"dont act so surprised your majesty i seem to remember a story you once told about your own ascension to the throne, how the last king was a tyrant and something about your own challenge, surly you cannot deny the situation is similar you have become obsolete old and in the way"

the second general sneers. the crowd watches quietly no one dares interrupt a declaration of challenge.

She was tossed onto the stage, the jostle waking her fully though she was still somewhat out of it, somewhat confused. A few lioness' came upon her and began untying her as her daze wore off. As they struggled to untie her and she came to her senses she shifted to the form she was so used to, grey fur tearing through her pale skin as she grew nearly a foot in height and her slight human frame filled out as strong lean muscles thickened beneath her pelt. The leather creaked and snapped under the pressure of holding her tight and she snarled as she fully came to awareness, and recognized the male who'd brought her out here.

"what is the meaning of this" The king roared in frustration, his praying having been interrupted so rudely by the show from the general. Gaia's rounded ears rested against her skull as she snarled at the generals words.

"this is a declaration of challenge. i bring this creature as further proof of the kings ailing mind, he allowed himself to make far too many mistakes that has cost lives at every turn, do you really think that bringing this trickster into our mists is a good idea? his track record thus far would suggest this creature will only bring us more misery! so signed here are four generals signatures including mine we four make up most of your army, my soldiers will support me. you cannot refuse this challenge"

Gaia looked to the king, unsure really what was happening, but understanding the concept of the general challenging the king. The king, his pelt of snowy white roared and Gaia flinched at the sound. There was no doubt this male scared her, her nightmares only making her fright of him worse but right now, she hated the general far more.

"you dare challenge me? and on the night we commune with the gods? such disrespect has never come fourth before this day"

Everything they said about communing with their gods meant nothing to her, outside of the fact that it was deemed important to them and it seemed to be in great distaste that these other males made their move tonight. Gaia watched as the other generals stepped up to stand behind the Challenger. Gaia straightened, shaking herself slightly to toss the leather fully off her as she stood besides the king she hardly knew. She knew he was better than these males though and she'd defend him for that.

"dont act so surprised your majesty i seem to remember a story you once told about your own ascension to the throne, how the last king was a tyrant and something about your own challenge, surly you cannot deny the situation is similar you have become obsolete old and in the way"

The crowd, the rest of the King's pride didn't seem to be willing to stand by his side... this was something she didn't understand, but she did not step down and remained standing near the king with her lips curled, showing off her sharp teeth. Her tail lashed dangerously as she watched the males, her ears perking forward to show that she was not afraid. As she stood there, growling defensively she felt a darkness creep through her, the muscles beneath her pelt rippled slightly and to a very trained eye, it would be noticed that the area seemed to sink slightly more into darkness.

the king roared once more. "if i am old i have become wise your words do not cut me, as the challenged i decide the form of combat your lives end in." he looks to the moon that has begun to rise up in the sky.

"perhaps i can send you to the everlasting darkness before communion, we shall fight natural only our ability's no swords. you may choose 3 fighters i shall do the same. in one hour we settle this" he growls. the other generals in attendance stand and join together on the other side of the stage murmuring to each other

the king bares his teeth and growls at general bac who stands definitely looking smug.

"now leave from my sight before the battle happens too soon" he storms over to the generals and joins in there discussions. the crowd begins to pray some praying for the kings downfall others praying for his safety. the challengers saunter off to plan there own strategies and a few of there soldiers leave the crowd to follow.

the three woman fawning over gaia help her up and lead her to one of the now empty wooden chairs.

"we are the kings mates" the first woman says. her jewels aren't black like the others but red rubys all over.

"we know his majesty well he will triumph"

the other two mates nod in agreement and smile.

meanwhile, the king is talking to his generals. gaia can hear there bickering clearly they are mere feet away on the other side of the rock

"why bother with these trivial matters tonight is communion we must lodge a continuance of the challenge so that we can prepare for this most holy event" one roars angerly.

"no a continuance would hurt the people's view of our mighty king general bac will use it for further political gain, we must dispatch this swiftly before peoples faith wavers" another older general blurts out. the king feels a tug on his kilt and looks to the leader of the old women standing there.

"you must employ gaia into this challenge" the kind frowns.

"shes an outsider madam or has your old age caused you to forget our ways i cannot consider putting her life in danger for our ways"

"ive seen it, the child is important her future lies with us. give her the choice, your victory in this challenge has been yet to be set"

with that she goes back to her seat.

the king looks confused meeting eyes with gaia. seeing her oura as if for the first time. it was the darkest of dark and swirled around her in big wafts of smoke and power glowing with a dark hue of purple. 'are the gods testing me' he thought to himself

Gaia’s presence was mostly ignored by the much larger males as they spoke, but this did not deter her. The king roared at Bac at his insinuation that he was too old to rule. "if i am old i have become wise your words do not cut me, as the challenged i decide the form of combat your lives end in." The king fell silent and looked to the sky. Gaia’s eyes followed his gaze, one brow raising slightly. "perhaps i can send you to the everlasting darkness before communion, we shall fight natural only our ability's no swords. you may choose 3 fighters i shall do the same. in one hour we settle this"

"now leave from my sight before the battle happens too soon" He snarled, glaring at General Bac before turning and heading to the Generals who stand on his side. Gaia remained standing in place, watching the challengers with her chin high. She looked extremely regal, not like the slave she actually was. Her instinct to not back down holding her stance as she looked down to the males though they dwarfed her in size. When they finally turned away the three women began fawning over her again and led to her an empty chair. She huffed as she was led to the chair, her steely icy eyes remaining on the challenging males.

"we are the kings mates, we know his majesty well he will triumph" the females all nod in agreement, smiling. Gaia eyed them slightly as she looked at the king, then General Bac and his siders. Her eyes drifted back to the king, the skin, hidden beneath her pelt flushed and she felt the rush of warmth as part of her dreams raced through her mind. She chuffed slightly as she turned her eyes back to the king, her ears perked forward trying to listen to him and his men as these other females pawed all over her.

"why bother with these trivial matters tonight is communion we must lodge a continuance of the challenge so that we can prepare for this most holy event" one male roared in the direction of the king. A growl rose through Gaia’s chest, though she quite didn’t know why she was defensive of the king, she didn’t even know him.

"no a continuance would hurt the people's view of our mighty king general bac will use it for further political gain, we must dispatch this swiftly before peoples faith wavers" Another male said loudly as one of the old women moved to the king and pulled on his kilt. "you must employ gaia into this challenge"

Gaia titled her head at the words, noting the kings frown and listening intently to his answer. “shes an outsider madam or has your old age caused you to forget our ways i cannot consider putting her life in danger for our ways"

"ive seen it, the child is important her future lies with us. give her the choice, your victory in this challenge has been yet to be set"

The old female headed back to her seat and the king looked to Gaia, their eyes catching as he stared at her. The shadows flowed around her, she could sense them, but was unsure what it really was. Her muscles rippled beneath her pelt as she looked to the king before giving him a simple nod. She had no clue really how to fight, she would have to allow the instincts she’d never felt to take over but she would not decline the King’s request… if he requested it, if he didn't, she would step in regardless. She wanted to help especially since the fight was about her, or at least had been brought up over her. She felt a growing tension in her gut, her heart throbbing roughly behind her breast plate and she closed her eyes for a few moments to calm her mind.

Last edited:
the king pulled his gaze from gaia rubbing his eyes before returning to the bickering group of generals.

"be silent," he growls "i have every intent to choose my fighters who shall join me in battle and squash this rebelion into failure before more of you decide im too old to rule. general la is the first of my choice followed by my daughter her talent in magic will be most useful she is second to me in ability. and gaia the spotted beauty, assuming she agrees." go and find general la he usually prays alone in his quarters" he barks at his daughter.

she approaches gaia and bows to her mother's none of which birthed her. "may i take gaia for a moment?" she could sense the women were making gaia uneasy and was trying to give her an out.
before getting permission she drags gaia away.

"why dont we go find general la" she says "or you can stay here but i wouldnt advise it" she giggles a bit, looking far different and less shy with gaia

She drug her tongue over her maw slowly as the King pulled his eyes from her, and she followed suit, tearing her eyes from him though her ears remained perked, listening to his words intently.
"be silent, I have every intent to choose my fighters who shall join me in battle and squash this rebelion into failure before more of you decide im too old to rule. general la is the first of my choice followed by my daughter her talent in magic will be most useful she is second to me in ability. and gaia the spotted beauty, assuming she agrees." Gaia smiled softly to herself, for a moment, she thought it would be to have a king asking for her help… most definitely never a place she thought she would be. Then the King directed a request towards his daughter “go and find general la he usually prays alone in his quarters"

The mage did as told, approaching Gaia who was still being pawed all over "May i take gaia for a moment?" she asked softly before grabbing her hand and whisking her away without waiting for the females to answer. Gaia smiled softly as she followed thankfully. “why dont we go find general la, or you can stay here but i wouldnt advise it"

“NO I’ll go!” Gaia said softly, laughing as she walked with the mage quietly. She could not remember names… assuming but not sure which male General La was. She followed in silence as the Mage drug her to General La’s tent and she smiled softly. “You should go in there… you like him…. Surprise him. I can wait out here. she said softly, going off the idea that La was the male the mage had been giving googly eyes to earlier.

"i dont like him one bit." she whispered embarrassed and not very convincingly . looking worried before entering she hesitates then enters.

the general was inside writing in a book.

he looks up from his book surprised.

"shouldn't you be with his majesty and your sisters, its important for the royalty to stand as a symbol for our people" he says catching a wiff of gaias scent his ears perked up a bit wondering were she was

"um well the king has been challenged and he chose his battle companions me you and gaia will help protect his majesty" she stammers not looking him in the eyes.

the general looks worried.

"its general bac isnt it" the mage nods

"he came to me a few days ago for my sword in battle but i refused, i never thought he would get enough support for a challenge he has tried for years to get such support and could never sway a single general." he sighs and closes his book. before standing and walking out of the tent. when he sees gaia he stares at her intensely.

"if you fight for the king i shall protect you on the battle grounds. he has no doubt added me to the party because im the only one who can fight bac in a claw to claw match" his eyes shown emerald green as the moon light made them sparkle, he all but forgot about the now frustrated mage. he turns to her questioningly "do you mind heading on without gaia we will join you in a moment" she huffs and mutters "very well sir"

the general looks confused for a moment as the mage stomps off. "i wonder if she's worried about the challenge, she sure is acting weird" he shakes his head ignoring it. "i wanted to show you something. once i met you knew what to do with it, your auras are similar i think it could become a familiar or companion of sorts, i wanted to show you as soon as i met you but...well i got nervous" he chuckles a bit suddenly looking far too young to be a general. he rubs the back of his mane awkwardly. then quickly goes into the tent there's a clatter of things then hes back outside holding a small jar of a silver shimmering liquid. it sloshes back and forth in the jar as if excited.

"shes shy but watch." he takes a bucket near his tent and un corks the vile size jar. he turns it upside down but it does not move it shimmers for a second.

"please will you come out come one girl its okay"

he whispers to the strange goop. it slowly drips from the vile but seems to never run out till finally the bucket is full and the liquid shines in the light of the mood. its surface as clear as a mirror. the general takes another larger vile from his side pouch. live crickets and bugs swarm around inside he dumps them into the liquid. the silver goo seems to vibrate in response as though enjoying the meal. not a moment later the bucket of silver goo turns into a mouse its goo form shrinks away and there is a mouse in the bucket.

"I dont like him one bit." She chuckled slightly, letting the Mage enter while she stayed outside quietly, looking around. Her ears twisted back, this General was quiet handsome, as far as Lions went but the King’s daughter was crushing on him… she wasnt going to get in the middle of that. She could hear his words "shouldn't you be with his majesty and your sisters, its important for the royalty to stand as a symbol for our people"

"um well the king has been challenged and he chose his battle companions me you and gaia will help protect his majesty"
The mage said softly. Gaia lifted her head, taking in the scent around them as she listened in on the conversation being had. If the conversation went towards their personal information, she would cease to listen but for now there was nothing she couldn’t hear.

"its general bac isnt it" the General asked, continuing on without awaiting an answer "he came to me a few days ago for my sword in battle but i refused, i never thought he would get enough support for a challenge he has tried for years to get such support and could never sway a single general." Gaia heard a book shut and then footfalls and suddenly the General stepped out besides her. She turned towards him, his eyes staring her down, making her swallow a lump in her throat that she didn’t know she even had.

"if you fight for the king i shall protect you on the battle grounds. he has no doubt added me to the party because im the only one who can fight bac in a claw to claw match" He said softly as he looked to her. She back stepped slightly, looking into his deep emerald eyes for a moment before forcing herself to turn away as he turned to the Mage. "do you mind heading on without gaia we will join you in a moment"

Gaia blinked at the request, watching the Mage huff, mutter "very well sir" and walk away. Gaia frowned, turning her eyes back on the General as he spoke.

"i wonder if she's worried about the challenge, she sure is acting weird. I wanted to show you something. once i met you knew what to do with it, your auras are similar i think it could become a familiar or companion of sorts, i wanted to show you as soon as i met you but...well i got nervous" She rose a brow slightly as he chuckled, suddenly seeming nervous, moving his hand to rub the back of his neck. Then he ducked into his tent, rummaging around before coming back out with a small jar of liquid that seemed to have a mind of its own."shes shy but watch." He said as he grabbed a bucket uncorking the vile, turning it upside down, notable trying to empty it. But it does not pour out it just shimmers.

"please will you come out come one girl its okay" he whispers. Finally the liquid pours out, then another vial of bugs is added and the goo turns into a mouse. Gaia watched, her jaw agap, confused… ”What is it?? She asked softly, looking a little closer… a little off put that any creature was locked up in that tiny vial.

i sat in my jar quite content the confined space was cozy and comfortable. in this state i am blind and deaf but that does not mean i cannot sense things. a magic creature coaxed me into a jar one day since then i've been fed regularly and had a cold dark place to sleep in its been heaven on earth, nothing trying to kill me nothing trying to pick a fight and nothing i need to fight to eat, this is what i call simple living.

i feel the familary movement of my dark cold place shifting and beginning to move around, no doubt a feeding time was close.
this time something else is in the air too, these magic creatures tend to be simple in nature sure powerful but nothing for me to care much about. i tried to eat a magic caster once it didn't end well since then im usually suspicions of them the only reason i let this big cat take me was cause his magic oura is so faint and he had been feeding me yummy bugs for free. but this sense was like no other it was strong i could taste the energy in the air and in this form i have no taste so this was particularly odd. for a moment i hesitated exiting the vile but i could sense my food source vibration the glass with his voice and that made me relax

i sat in the bucket stretching out felt nice but also scared me a bit i could be attacked at any moment the cozy feeling of my vile was gone but then several lifes entered my form, bugs! i do enjoy bugs. a wild boar is nice but usually more trouble than they are worth to eat. bugs freely land on you as if wishing to be eaten. i gobbled them up in no time. each time he feeds me he expects a show non shifters are so easily entertained. i turned to a small mouse gaining sight and hearing. i peaked from the bucket coming face to face with the weird creature i sensed before it was beautiful not a word i would ever use but i had no way to categorize her in my mind. the danger and grace of her aura was captivating. any other creature emanating this much untapped power would scare me back into a liquid but the sight of her did not invoke my usual fear responses, i fear i will need to leave my food supplied for this creature im sure she could protect and feed me. the thought made my mouse form salivate. i've decided. i jump on the edge of the bucket and reform my body to that of a parrot. i flutter onto the she cats shoulder and squawk. settling myself onto her shoulder.

Gaia looked to the little mouse with a soft smile, her grey nose flaring slightly as she scented the little beast. She flinched slightly as the little critter jumped up to the edge of the bucket before it shifted, much like Gaia herself did, however this little one seemed to not have a set form preference and went from mammal to an avian form gracefully. She alighted on strong little wings and fluttered to Gaia’s shoulder where a fluff of her feathers made a statement of .oO(“This is where I will stay”)

Gaia smiled faintly, lifting a furred hand to tickle the parrot under the chin before she turned her eyes to the General again. There was too much time to wonder much about the strange creature which now called her shoulder home. She took in the sight of the strong male before her quietly before looking away.

“The young mage has a liking for you… You are blind to it” she said matter-of-factly as she drug her tongue slowly over her maw again, turning her eyes in the way she and the mage had come, to where she’d last seen the king. She needed to help him tonight and she was not looking forward to it.

”The hour has to be almost up… there really isn’t time to dwell on things right now.” she said softly as she looked back to the male before her. Her heart beat rapidly behind her breast plate, a sickening feeling of dread plaguing her.

the general chuckles at the birds immediate liking it took to gaia.

"she must like you i can hardly get her out of her vile for most people"

“The young mage has a liking for you… You are blind to it” gaia says suddenly. catching the general off guard.

"no that cant be right can it?" he scratches his head. "she's like my little sister we grew up together, you must be mistaken" he shakes his head, and glances at the moon. "i suppose we better go,your free to keep her, besides i think shes decided to keep you herself" he points to the bird who was just watching the two of them intently flicking her head from side to side.

the general leads her back the the stage things were different now the people have gone to the edges of the field they begin to cheer at the arrival to the general and gaia. the challenging general and his allied generals stand at one side of the field sharpening claws and roaring to the crowd how they will gut the king and what not. the king stands at the other end of the field with his daughter they are quiet but stand proudly, the king wasn't stooping to the foolish challengers ways, this was not meant to be a show for amusement but the challenging party sure seemed to want it to be one.

the king shook hands with the general he looks to gaia.

"have you chosen to join me in battle? i realise in the comotion i neglected to ask you if you felt up to the task" he eyes her new familiar "already taming creatures i see perhaps the medicine women aren't just crazy and old" he laughs.

"she must like you i can hardly get her out of her vile for most people" Gaia smiled softly as she nodded in acknowledgement to his words. She had seen how the General seemed totally stunned by her statement and she rose a brow with a smile. She could see why the mage was enamoured with him… if the young princess (mage) wasn’t already she could see herself looking at him in a different way, but she surely did not want to step on royalties toes. "no that cant be right can it? She's like my little sister we grew up together, you must be mistaken"

She shrugged slightly as he shakes his head before lifting his eyes to the moon. "i suppose we better go, your free to keep her, besides i think shes decided to keep you herself" he said before pointing to the little one upon her shoulder. She nodded softly and the headed back to the stage. She walked proudly, tail lashing from side to side as she eyed the others, her eyes narrowing dangerously as she looked to the General she could not stand as he and his buddies made a mockery at the seriousness of what was happening with their roars and hoots and hollars.

"have you chosen to join me in battle? i realise in the comotion i neglected to ask you if you felt up to the task" The king asked after shaking the General’s hand, as he eyed her new found “pet” "already taming creatures i see perhaps the medicine women aren't just crazy and old"

“I will join your cause… she said softly as she turned her icy eyes to the others once more, narrowing them. A wayward cloud blocked the moon for a moment… a forewarning of her impatience with the situation. She let her maw part slightly and drug her crimson tongue over her ivory fangs, not removing her eyes from the leader as her mind started reeling dangerously. She kept a tight hold on her thoughts as she watched him. Waiting for the fight to begin.

looking around the camp i could feel the tension in the air. i wasn't paying too much attention to the talking it was the eyes that bothered me. these creatures were out for blood..maybe ill get to eat one of them! their eyes stared intently on the opposing sides. i ruffle my feathers a bit, how i managed to go from blissful retirement to another pointless battle because the solids dictate it ill never know, but looking at my new food source and protector i could tell i needed to stay by her side.

there is one upside to a battle i suppose, lots of tasty snacks.

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Gaia
Gaia eyed the parrot on her shoulder, lifting a hand and rubbing its head faintly as she waited, her tail lashing annoyedly as she looked to the challengers once more. She clenched her jaw as the tension of restraining herself started to wear on her.

“So… what are the rules of this fight? she asked softly, tearing her eyes from the others to the king once more.

"one of the three sisters will explain it to the crowd before we begin, but basically the challenged party has the right to set the rules, ive chosen a natural talent battle which means no swords or armor just claws teeth and magic the first leader to fall in battle is the loser no matter the condition of the other party members. familiar's do not count as team mates so your free to use your bird in battle, the battle will commence at the sound of a bell and a roar" he says in a hushed tone eyeing general bac intently "but be warned general bac has chosen 3 generals who specialize in magic so watch out they could attack from afar". just then the old leader woman of the sisters comes out of the crowd and slowly goes to the middle of the field. the crowd quiets down as she raises her paw into the air.

"tonight is a most sacred night, however a most sacred challenge has also come into fruition as the laws of the gods dictate the challenge must be commenced immediately even if its on a night of communion so that old tensions do not continue to ferment. as you all are aware the challenged is his majesty he has decided to commence natural combat!" the old woman yells so that she can be heard. the crowd cheers and hollars, she moves quite swiftly back into the crowd. a random she lion stands in site with a medium sized bell and rings it before roaring the battle has begun

the king stands in the back of the group casting protection spells. gaia stands by general la who has taken a protective stance near her and the kings daughter stands between the king and general la

"stay behind me do what you can to help but you shouldn't try to take any of them head on" he says not taking his eyes off general bac

they begin approaching one another, the king casts his spells while his daughter lobbed a fire ball at the challengers. its blocked but the generals step back a bit just in case making the kings party have to move closer. the bird on gaia's shoulder squawks and says in that parrot voice all mocking birds seem to use.

"squaaaak! time to die" she says pleading her wings and fluttering a bit

“one of the three sisters will explain it to the crowd before we begin, but basically the challenged party has the right to set the rules, ive chosen a natural talent battle which means no swords or armor just claws teeth and magic the first leader to fall in battle is the loser no matter the condition of the other party members. familiar's do not count as team mates so your free to use your bird in battle, the battle will commence at the sound of a bell and a roar but be warned general bac has chosen 3 generals who specialize in magic so watch out they could attack from afar". Gaia looked to the king quietly, frowning slightly as she turned her eyes back to the others, hear ears resting against her head. She looked back to her parrot. “If you do not want to fight you do not have to” she said softly, having no clue what her feathered friend was capable of outside of shifting.

One of the older females headed into the middle of the field and rose a paw, a silence settled and Gaia watched quietly. "tonight is a most sacred night, however a most sacred challenge has also come into fruition as the laws of the gods dictate the challenge must be commenced immediately even if its on a night of communion so that old tensions do not continue to ferment. as you all are aware the challenged is his majesty he has decided to commence natural combat!"

The time had come, Gaia turned towards the challengers silently, watching intently. She would not make the first strike, she would simply wait and let her instinct take over. Her ears twisted, taking in the fact that the king was speaking words she did not recognize. She could feel the electricity of magic in the air as he cast spells that she did not know. She looked over her shoulder, General La besides her, the princess next and the king behind his daughter.

"stay behind me do what you can to help but you shouldn't try to take any of them head on" Gaia assumed he was speaking to her. She just shook her head slightly. Right now… for some reason she felt very powerful and was actually not scared at all. Though she said nothing, she would do as her instincts dictated this night. Her new found pet squawked and futtered its wings as they moved forward. Gaia shifted to her pure feline form as the magic filling the air awoke her own magic more. She shrunk into her smaller feline form without even thinking about it. Her ice blue eyes turning a charcoal grey as she started moving forward, one large furred paw stepping before the other. Her head dropped as her eyes stayed on General Bac dangerously as she slowly crept in his direction, not listening to the protests of the others behind her.

"squaaaak! time to die"

.oO(“ It most definitely time for them to die” )
she thought. A darkness coming over her mind that she’d never before been tickled by. She drug her tongue over her muzzle slowly and the darkness seemed to slip from her mind and ripple throughout her pelt like a smoke filled wind. Another cloud embraced the moon, sinking the area in shadowed darkness as Gaia crept forward slowly, never removing her eyes from Bac, wanting to lock eyes with him.

the two groups almost dance on the battle feild no one attacking just yet lotsa growling and magic spells being cast back and fourth as if each party is just testing one another's ability. general bac makes the first move roaring and charging general la. they meet in the middle bashing claws and butting heads together. the other generals also charge heading for the king but his daughter shoots a fire ball at them that causes them to pull back. all the while general la is slowly pushing bac back further and further. the two lions coats have gone from pure white to a deep red as they slash at each other all the while roaring

Gaia watched in silence, her now steel grey eyes taking in every movement, every flinch of a muscle beneath the lions pelts. General Bac made the first move, roaring and charging General La in an attack of teeth and claws. Gaia growled, the hands on battle had begun and the other generals followed suit, charging for the king, but the princess shot fireballs in their direction, causing them to retreat.

Gaia had been looking to the General's attacking the king and Princess but then turned her eyes to the bloody General La and General Bac. She growled deeply, suddenly pissed. She jumped forward, sharp hins claws unsheathing, digging into the ground as lean strong muscles tightened and then sprung loose, propelling her quickly forward towards the pair. Since she was much shorter than them both, she stayed in this form as she twisted around behind General Bac, snapping her jaws at his heels, if she could just stop him from being able to move, La could finish him easily, she had no doubt.

She fought the urge to use magic, hoping to not delve into something she didn't really know much about or know if she had any control over, just yet.

the battle is savage by my account, the way they fight is pure animal it would make my skin crawl if i had real skin that is. my new found food source seemed excited rather than nervous but im not that good at telling the difference. she lunges nipping at the feet of the aposeing cat beast. i fluttered into the air myself scratching and squawking at the beast. he attempts to bat me away but i fly back in and continue my assault.

the moment general bac was distracted by both the bird squawking and clawing as well as gaia's nipping gave general la the moment he needed to bite the general in the neck. he sinks his teeth in and begins shaking his head back and forth. general bac is helpless and can only yelp and attempt to scratch general la. general bac's fellow fighters attempt to intervene however the king makes a move like hes about to charge them causing them to step back from such an idea, the men looked dejected as if this battle might have not been such a good idea.

general la rips his teeth away from general bacs neck taking much of the fur and skin along with him. he spits it out quickly before roaring a most fearsome roar. general bac looks confused for a moment before dropping dead.

the general roar's once more and quieting the crowd to a mermer. his chest heaves and his flesh bleeds but the generals eyes shown in fiery blood lust

"this is what happens when you challenge my king."

he yells once more before charging the closest supporting general who rears back attempting to escape his wish to fight suddenly gone. the general pounces on his back knocking him to the ground. suddenly its as if the well manner general was filled with blood lust. he tears and bites and claws the generals back long after his death.

the king smiles, he had chosen the general for this reason exactly the generals blood lust in battle is legendary once he tastes blood he falls into a fit of rage and cannot be stopped till the focus of his anger has been defeated.

the remaining generals begin frantically casting spells at the blood lustfull general but as they do the kings daughter is also casting as many nullifying spells as she can. one fire ball breaks through her defence and hits general law who now was a red lion rather than a white one. it singes his fur but does very little to him. he turns his head looking up from the long dead general hes now torn to shreds. the two generals cowardly begin pleading to the king in the middle of battle "please your majesty we resign our challenge just please dont let him near us, we beg of you!".

they both plead similar arguments and begin urinating on themselves. as general la begins his crazed charge at the two crying cub like generals. the king raises his hand and casts a spell of sleep on general la and he falls to the ground fast asleep. the crowd seems disappointed such a spectacle was not common.

"let it be known to all that i have not spared these generals lives i have only postponed there suffering, by not completing the challenge to there deaths in honoble fashion i here by strip them of their ranks and titles, they shall live the rest of there lives with single names everyone will forever know there shame, their children will forever hear of there fathers cowardice in battle and they will never serve under me again. now go and think about your new lives as unmarried women" he says loudly to the crowd. the crowd growls and roars at the dejected generals as they slink off into camp.

a few members of the crowd take general la to the medicine tent.

the king notices the leader of the medicine women beside him smiling

"didnt you say gaia would choose the fate of this battle? maybe you are a crazy old woman" he chuckles.

"she will decide your fate one day perhaps her presence here was her way of showing her loyalty to you"

the king looked confused for a moment. "but you told me to involve her" she smiles knowingly.

"did i?" she says feigning ignorance before waddling off to the medicine tent leaving the king to contemplate his own memories of barely an hour before