Private Tales among friends

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Her distraction had done it’s job and General La caught Bac by the throat, teeth sinking into soft flesh, tearing as General La yanked his head back and forth. General Bac yelped, lashing out with his claws as the others attempted to help but were stopped by a mock charge from the king. It was over as quickly as it had begun, La tore Bac’s throat out and he fell to the ground, defeated as General La roared "this is what happens when you challenge my king." with bloodlust and anger in his eyes. He attacked one of Bac’s supporters who attempted to flee, killing him quickly.

Gaia watched the 2nd kill quietly, it was unnecessary as the male had tried to escape, but La was beyond reason, a dangerous state that did not go unnoticed but Gaia. The remaining opponents did their best to work magic at La, but the princess negated their spells with her own, protecting General La whom still tore at the 2nd casualty. The 2 remaining opponants began pleading with the king "please your majesty we resign our challenge just please dont let him near us, we beg of you!".

Gaia noticed that she was covered in blood, though she hadn’t really caused much damage, she was in the splash zone for the damage done to Bac. She watched as the king cast a spell on La, and he fell to the ground, snoring. A sound of disdain from the crowd caught her attention and she looked around to them all, frowning a little, the desire to see death was not something that flowed through her veins. "let it be known to all that i have not spared these generals lives i have only postponed there suffering, by not completing the challenge to there deaths in honoble fashion i here by strip them of their ranks and titles, they shall live the rest of there lives with single names everyone will forever know there shame, their children will forever hear of there fathers cowardice in battle and they will never serve under me again. now go and think about your new lives as unmarried women"

She rose a brow…. Unsure what he meant by this, they now had new lives as unmarried women? Did they loose title and now were considered as low as unmarried women? Why was being an unmarried woman such a bad thing? Her eyes watched the king silently, the statement irritating her soul but she said nothing as the crowd growled and roared in pleasure at the announcement, the forsaken slinking off into camp like rejected cubs. Some of the crowd moved to La, picking him up and heading towards the medicine tent while the king and the medicine woman spoke.

Gaia snorted, looking to her new “pet” for a moment before heading in the direction of water, following the scent to a small creek (river, lake, whatever is close) in silence and walking into the liquid to wash the blood off her and sooth her angry nerves.

how disappointing. i had hoped to get at least a tate of there blood. i look at my new food source she was covered in it. i flutter happily onto her shoulder as she begins heading towards a small pond in and empty part of the camp were no one was to be seen. everyone in the battle yard had begun to return to prayer. as if the battle had not occurred in the first place. i hop off her shoulder as she wades into the pond and rest on a rock at the shore alone time was what i needed.

"you know if you want my help in future battles your gonna need to start finding me better food i was hoping to eat one of those lions but that stupid brute killed his prey too early. you know food is best when its eaten live right?" i say rather annoyed, ruffling my feathers a bit

my words were not at all in a bird voice but a girls voice as if my bird form was possessed by a young girls spirit, talking like a stupid animal is humiliating im glad i at least was able to finally address someone properly, these idiots would probably freak out if they found out i wasnt some dumb familiar id have to eat them all if that happend. my mouth began to salivate at the thought

She dunked herself under the ice water, shifting to her Anthro form as she did so, letting the water wash away the blood. She looked to Cra'ull quietly, her magic and pent up aggression having all but made her forget the little bird. She smiled softly towards the bird, curling her lips as unthreateningly as possible. Then, the bird began to speak and Gaia tilted her head.

"you know if you want my help in future battles your gonna need to start finding me better food i was hoping to eat one of those lions but that stupid brute killed his prey too early. you know food is best when its eaten live right?" The bird said, fluffing her feathers in notable irritation.

"So hunt? " She said softly with a chuckle as she headed out of the water, shaking her pelt out as she did so to relieve herself of some of the water. "You are no ordinary shifter... She said matter of factly as the dripped dry, looking to her new friend. Her mind drifted to the General, she drug her tongue over she smokey muzzle as she thought about him for a second, then she shoved the thoughts away... the princess liked him. She could not favor him as well... she told herself.

"ordinary? huh ive never thought of myself in those terms, i suppose solid shifters like you have a hard time shifting into what they need to me its natural. i can change the property's of my form in anyway i see fit as long as ive eaten a creature with those features"

i morph my feathers into the long spines of a porcupine then i change my skin to scales of a snake and back to my multi colored feathers all while staying a bird.

"im unsure what my natural form looks like but i know im formless. that reminds me ive only been eating bugs do you think that general still has my vile id sure love to relax in there at some point, its hard to keep a solid form when your diet consists of the life force and souls of bugs, not very nourishing if you ask me but this camp is the first peaceful place ive been were i can eat without fear of attack, the way solids eat isnt nourishing for me sure i can do it but if i want real satisfaction i must be in my natural state when im most vulnerable the prey must be alive if its soul departs it loses its flavour"

i look around a bit as i speak wondering were that vile is, its so small and cozy.

"ordinary? huh ive never thought of myself in those terms, i suppose solid shifters like you have a hard time shifting into what they need to me its natural. i can change the property's of my form in anyway i see fit as long as ive eaten a creature with those features"

Gaia watched as the shifted different parts of her body before settling back to the bird shape. "im unsure what my natural form looks like but i know im formless. that reminds me ive only been eating bugs do you think that general still has my vile id sure love to relax in there at some point, its hard to keep a solid form when your diet consists of the life force and souls of bugs, not very nourishing if you ask me but this camp is the first peaceful place ive been were i can eat without fear of attack, the way solids eat isnt nourishing for me sure i can do it but if i want real satisfaction i must be in my natural state when im most vulnerable the prey must be alive if its soul departs it loses its flavour"

Gaia just looked to her as she spoke... saying alot that Gaia phased out, exhaust starting to settle in to her body... mentally she only took in a very little bit of what the bird said.

"We can go see him... find out if he has the Vial..." She said softly as she started walking back towards the camp, trying to wrap her head around everything she said. So she needed to be in liquid form to eat, but it couldn't possibly be as easy to hunt in that form, could it? She eyed the little bird as they got to camp. "I'll help you get food shortly... lemme check on the General " she said tiredly.

the bird flutters back to her perch on the shoulder of gaia. drums begin to beat throughout the camp as well as un identifiable chanting. the moon had hit the top of the sky so the camp had started comunion. gai enterd the medicine tent. inside was different once again a cot sat in the middle with a bloodied general la laying on it. the smallest of the women was the only one there. she was applying a salve to his wounds as he winced a bit.

"oh ya big cub, you can handle a scratch but cant handle the pain of a healing salve"she giggles teasing him. as gaia enters the general attempt to get up in respect but the old lady pushed him down.

"hello dear. here you are" she hands gaia the vile from the generals things without looking up from a woun d she was stitching. the general winced again. "cant you just use magic to heal me?" she chuckled.

"healing magic is cheating nature let your body heal itself" she says smiling sweetly.

"oh i forgot your a natural healer, great the one day i could use your sisters healing magic is the day they are leading comunion" he looks to gaia with a worried face.

"im sorry for earlier i was in a bit of a state i hope i didn't scare you, my family line possesses the curse of blood lust, in battle we get so focused on survival all decorum goes out the tent flap" he says wincing again at the old woman. "are you trying to poke me to death with that thing?" he says to the old woman jokingly she just shakes her head at him with fake annoyance.

Gaia heard the drums as her and her friend headed back to camp. Her tail lashed slowly as they walked, ears resting against her skull at the noise, which to her was foolish but she said nothing. As she walked into the medical tent she heard in of the healers talking to the general and she looked to him quietly as she watched the female rubbing salve on him and giggling at his babyishness.

"oh ya big cub, you can handle a scratch but cant handle the pain of a healing salve"

The general attempts to sit up when he realized she was there, but was pushed back to laying down. "hello dear. here you are" She handed Gaia the Vial for her friend and Gaia lifted it, making sure she saw it.

"cant you just use magic to heal me?" The General whined and the healers chuckled. "healing magic is cheating nature let your body heal itself" Gaia chuckled as he looked to the healer, then to her

"oh i forgot your a natural healer, great the one day i could use your sisters healing magic is the day they are leading comunion. I'm sorry for earlier i was in a bit of a state i hope i didn't scare you, my family line possesses the curse of blood lust, in battle we get so focused on survival all decorum goes out the tent flap" He flinched and glared to the other female.. "are you trying to poke me to death with that thing?"

Gaia chuckled, shaking her head and sitting to watch until they were done, not wantingnto distract the healers work.

the old healer finished with a stitch above his eye. "now come back in a week and ill remove those stitches there may be some scaring but that just adds character"

she laughs. she suddenly gets up approaching gaia "the generals destiny is not with the princess" she barley whispers in her ear giving her a wink then she suddenly looks surprised but clearly it was fake surprise.

"oh dear it seems ive run outta yuka moss for the pain will you watch the general dear while i go get some be sure he does not move"

she quickly hides the yuka plant she clearly already had in her medical kit and hurrys off. the general seemed not to notice. once gone silence falls in the tent. the general looks at gaia apologetically

"im sorry for my appearance i haven't had the chance to clean up in the pond, but i see you have, you look rather.... wonderful" he says looking away from her gaze embarrassed at his awkwardness "i see you have warmed up to your new friend there. if you uncork that bottle im sure she will love you for it. huh familiar in a bottle how convenient" he chuckles "wish it was my idea but i just found her in there one day it was her idea"

Gaia watched quietly as the healer finished up with the stitches above the General's eye. "now come back in a week and ill remove those stitches there may be some scaring but that just adds character"

Gaia chuckled internally as the healer laughed. .oO("Just what he needs... more character") she thought to herself with a chuckle. Suddenly the healer was besides her, leaning in to whisper almost inaudiblely "the generals destiny is not with the princess" The female said suggestively, pulling away and winking. Gaia rose a brow slightly as she looked to the female curiously, but the female suddenly was distracted and pretending to be missing something.

"oh dear it seems ive run outta yuka moss for the pain will you watch the general dear while i go get some be sure he does not move"

She shook her head slightly, looking to the general as the woman skittered off, leaving them alone, he seemed sad and she had no clue why until he spoke. "im sorry for my appearance i haven't had the chance to clean up in the pond, but i see you have, you look rather.... wonderful"

She would have blushed had she been in human form, but her silvery smokey pelt hid the blush thankfully, his pelt likely hid his own blush as he quickly turned away. "I see you have warmed up to your new friend there. if you uncork that bottle im sure she will love you for it. huh familiar in a bottle how convenient, wish it was my idea but i just found her in there one day it was her idea"

She opened the Vial for her friend, knowing she wanted to be back in it, so she did not question it. She looked back to the general for a moment before standing and moving to a bowl, grabbing a towel and filling it with water to begin helping to clean him up.

"for a strong General you apologize to me alot..." She smiled softly as she soaked the towel and moved to wash some blood from his face delicately.

the bird on her shoulder quickly hopped onto the bottle in her hand and dissolved into a liquid and stuffed herself inside.

the general chuckled a little as gaia began to wipe blood from his fur. "magical beauty such as you deserves respect, you are clearly a gift from the gods"

he says looking a bit flustered he seems to think for a moment as if hesitating before he begins to speak once more

. "my mother told me a story when i was a child, about a goddess of darkness that could change her shape at will. she changed her shape for the man she loved but was shunned by his tribe regardless of her shape, they ran into the woods together escaping the angry tribe, but were found and executed for there love, im not so naive to think you could be her but her beauty was said to be unimaginable and when i first saw you i thought the same. maybe im foolish for that but its how i felt, id hate for you to dislike me for my peoples flaws. so i apologies for them and myself so that maybe you might see me as more than how my people behave"

he looks away from her gaze his fur bristling in embarrassment at his boldness

"i know we are from different worlds but i do hope you feel you can stay in mine and allow me to get to know you and you I. unfortunately i must serve my king to the best of my agility's regardless of our difference in views if i could i would ask you to run away from this place." his gaze turns serious suddenly.

"not everything here is as it seems please be careful id hate for you to fall from the graces of the king, i heard about your interruption of a integration earlier today if the king had found out you surely would be interrogated yourself for taking a savages side, lucky for us that info died with general bac and as far as i know none of the generals have reported it to him as of yet they most likely didn't believe bac when he told them,"
he looks away once more wincing a bit in pain at the movement

Gaia watched as her friend became a liquid after hoping onto the bottle, then she stuffed herself into the bottle and Gaia put the lid on quietly before setting it down.

"magical beauty such as you deserves respect, you are clearly a gift from the gods. My mother told me a story when i was a child, about a goddess of darkness that could change her shape at will. she changed her shape for the man she loved but was shunned by his tribe regardless of her shape, they ran into the woods together escaping the angry tribe, but were found and executed for there love, im not so naive to think you could be her but her beauty was said to be unimaginable and when i first saw you i thought the same. maybe im foolish for that but its how i felt, id hate for you to dislike me for my peoples flaws. so i apologies for them and myself so that maybe you might see me as more than how my people behave"

She tilted her head slightly at his embarrassment, not really understanding why he was in such a state. She smiled softly and dipped the towel in the bowl, rinsing it before continuing to wash his face, then neck.

"i know we are from different worlds but i do hope you feel you can stay in mine and allow me to get to know you and you I. unfortunately i must serve my king to the best of my agility's regardless of our difference in views if i could i would ask you to run away from this place."

"you hardly know me, why would you do such a thing..."

"not everything here is as it seems please be careful id hate for you to fall from the graces of the king, i heard about your interruption of a integration earlier today if the king had found out you surely would be interrogated yourself for taking a savages side, lucky for us that info died with general bac and as far as i know none of the generals have reported it to him as of yet they most likely didn't believe bac when he told them,"

"I am not afraid of your king... if he opts to interrogate me because I disagree with his, policies, rather than explain them, then his interrogation of me is the least of everyone's concern. Just because he is king... does not mean he is perfect."

She said lightly, unashamedly about her view on it. She leaned down, leaning over him to get the far side of his face as she washed him gently. Her muzzle was very close to his and she thought for a fleeting moment about what the female had said... .oO("the generals destiny is not with the princess") why was this informative the seer had shared with her. She swallowed dryly as her muzzle was so close to his, their eyes catching a moment before she pulled away, and continued washing him with the towel and water.

"your words are bold but fearing the king or not isnt the issue he wont be the one interrogating you, loyalty of his people is what you need to earn if you do that they will object in the event you are targeted by the king, but i promise you if that day comes and no one defends you ill challenge the king myself he fears the blood lust and in that state nothing can stop me not even his majesty" he looks determined in this statement his eyes flaring with passion.

"though i must confess ill never mate with a member of my own, unfortunately my blood lust is seen as a curse. perhaps my wish to run with you is a wish born from my solitude. even growing up i was feared as my father was and his father before him, the only way i could make friends was when they were forced to be near me, my father was the court mage back then, he was tasked with training the young the king wanted him to mentor. even now my respect is earned through fear but i never wanted it in the first place, i became a general because of my fathers reputation not my own. when we left the home land he made sure i wasn't one of the chosen to stay behind like he was" he looks around worried suddenly.

"im sorry we shouldn't be talking like this if someone heard id be in trouble and you in danger"

he forces a smile for a moment. then looks away again wincing a bit as he stretches a stitching on his chest

"your words are bold but fearing the king or not isnt the issue he wont be the one interrogating you, loyalty of his people is what you need to earn if you do that they will object in the event you are targeted by the king, but i promise you if that day comes and no one defends you ill challenge the king myself he fears the blood lust and in that state nothing can stop me not even his majesty"

She listened, but his words did not worry her. She did not know why, but instinctively she was not worried. Unless they collared her again, she doubted that she had to much to worry about. But then he began speaking about something that did catch her attention

"though i must confess ill never mate with a member of my own, unfortunately my blood lust is seen as a curse. perhaps my wish to run with you is a wish born from my solitude. even growing up i was feared as my father was and his father before him, the only way i could make friends was when they were forced to be near me, my father was the court mage back then, he was tasked with training the young the king wanted him to mentor. even now my respect is earned through fear but i never wanted it in the first place, i became a general because of my fathers reputation not my own. when we left the home land he made sure i wasn't one of the chosen to stay behind like he was"

She pondered his words quietly. "I am not one of you " She said lightly, meaning to say it internally but instead saying it out loud, as she thought about what the seer had said.

"im sorry we shouldn't be talking like this if someone heard id be in trouble and you in danger" She chuckled. He sure was worried about her. She continued washing him lightly, trailing the cloth very gently over his wounds. She stopped for a moment as he winced, then she looked to the door, then back to him. She closed her eyes, resting her bare paw-hand over one wound as she concentrated. She took a slow breath as she let instinct take over, her mind reaching for the shadows within his body, focusing on reconnecting the wounded flesh and muscle. She clenched her jaw, pain tickling her senses as she took the pain unto herself through through shadows an it dissolved mentally like dust. She kept concentrating on the wound, attempting her hand at healing.

"what are you-" the general says before sighing in sudden relief. he suddenly falls asleep, the wounds would not heal but gaia seemed to have at least made him rest. the old woman returned right as he dozed off. she smiles and wipes a drop of blood from gaias nose

"healing is no simple matter it takes a toll of your own life, magic is just like nature dear, there is always a balance and always a cost to keep that balance."

she smiles and places her hand on gaias holding it over the general.

"you have much power but you must train your body and mind if you wish to use it without destroying your yourself"

she closes her eyes and she begins to glow. gaia is also glowing as the wounds begin to close, gaia felt as if the old woman was channelling her power for her. she smiles once hes all healed and returns gaias hand.

"now lets allow him to rest, as for you dear, you look as withered as a leaf, i sure do hope you go join the festivities' its almost time for the gods to arrive"

she hands her a greenish blue moss.

"eat this its a cave moss that will give you the energy you need to make it through the comunion" she giggles a little

"dont eat too much though or you will be awake for weeks, take a small clump by mouth as needed"

she waddles out of the tent once more and disappears into the camp

"what are you-" the general asked softly, sighing as she notices his muscles relax. "I am a slave... " in all honesty that had been her identity her entire life, so when asked who or what she was, she really couldn't answer, instinct lead the things she did now that her collar was gone... but instinct was not something she could explain. He fell asleep suddenly and she smiled softly, glad she could help. Then the old woman reappeared, her hand reaching out to wipe a drop of blood from her nose that she hadn't even noticed.

"healing is no simple matter it takes a toll of your own life, magic is just like nature dear, there is always a balance and always a cost to keep that balance. You have much power but you must train your body and mind if you wish to use it without destroying your yourself"

Gaia almost flinched when the woman's hand came to rest over her own, but she did not move, her rounded ears listening to the words she said. She felt the unusual drain on her senses
she closes her eyes as she begans to glow. Then the woman let her hand go and Gaia opened her eyes.

"now lets allow him to rest, as for you dear, you look as withered as a leaf, i sure do hope you go join the festivities' its almost time for the gods to arrive. eat this its a cave moss that will give you the energy you need to make it through the comunion dont eat too much though or you will be awake for weeks, take a small clump by mouth as needed"

Gaia looked to the moss put into her hand. She shook her head slightly as she lay it on a table before she shifted to her feline form and curled up on the ground near the sleeping general. She would take a nap then maybe go outside. She'd been awoken already once, she hadn't gotten good sleep then and now, after the magic drain and the adrenalin boost earlier, she was exhausted.

the drumming had begun to get louder and the yips and roars were what pulled gaia from her slumber. she leaves the ten following a strange music. on a hill over looking the group of purebloods she could see them dancing in a circle chanting and singing a strange song. the king sat in his throne watching the people dance and sing. two soldiers carry a black chest on poles of gold the chest is covered in silver chains. the chest itself is decorated with savage pelts and blackened bones. the soldiers set the chest in front of the king then take positions on either side of his throne. the yips and drumming began to become louder and faster. then the king stands. looking to his wives then his daughters, they each give him a nod. he approaches the chest taking a small blade from a sheath on his hip. he cuts his hand and as he does the drumming and songs stop and the crowd looks on in awe.

"i give this offering to the gods" the king roars as he smears his blood on the chest. the chains fall away into dust and the chest bursts open, springing forth a several black entities that roars and screams. they swirl high above the crowd, then shoot towards the king jumping down his throat. the whites of his eyes begin to turn black as well as his fir. his pupils become red slits barly seeming to be open.

the kings mouth moves as if hes roaring but gaia hears nothing, suddenly time seems to cease the crowd that was loud and praising the possessed king were stuck in place. a whistle by a tent gets her attention and the king is there before her yet somehow still on the stage in a frozen state as well. his blackend eyes and red slits watched her from the darkness. she could barly make out his form but she could tell it was him or rather whatever was inside him.

he approaches from the shadows yet they seem to follow him in a dark haze.

"we are their gods, we have been waiting for your awakening. a most unfortunate curse befalls these people. that drove them to war, we did not want to see these people suffer any longer so we planned for there future as any gods would do for there children. we knew it would come to this but there is only so much we can do from our realm. but we saw you, we saw that your body could serve as a place for our power. you were destined to be a slave for the rest of your life, we plucked the string of time and we wove a new future for you one were you will become powerful, a god in solid form. worshiped by all."

the voices coming from the kings mouth were whispers but none were his own voice

his body points to the crowd below

"these people wont be your masters for long, one day if you so choose you will march them into a new age. these pure bloods seek power but they do not know the meaning of such a word they plotted and schemed there way to the top, long before we became there masters, they called us into this world worshiping us as gods begging to defeat their enemies those they called lesser than them. a once peaceful land was plunged into war do to to many differences in what they called gods. we were foolish then we made the pact and gave them power in exchange for life force the pull from our realm had weakened us and this world didn't have the power we needed to live. the carnage that followed cost the lion people millions of souls on both sides of the conflict, our magic was too great for them they had very little understanding of the magic we had given them. after the carnage we had the power to return to our realm but our leaders saw the misfortune that had fallen these folk so they saw fit to leave behind us. we cant fix the past for these beaten people and we see the conflict with the so called savages ending in the extinction of an innocent people, but you can stop these events and one day you will, these people are your future subjects your power will be known savages and purebloods will unite and spread peace among the many kingdoms in this realm"

the soft voices coming from the kings mouth say in an harmonious chorus

Gaia startled awake from a pretty graphic dream, her ice blue eyes scanning the area quickly as the sounds of drumming violated her ears. She groaned as she stood, shaking off the slight dirt that had settled on her fur. She yawned slightly as she stood and checked on the General before heading out of the tent to follow the noise. Her blue eyes wandered over all those gathered, falling on the king as he sliced his hand after nodding to his wives and children. She frowned at his words slightly, shaking her head "i give this offering to the gods" he said as he smeared the blood on the ebony chest that had been set before he let out a loud roar, making her flinch slightly, ears twisting to rest against her skull. Chains which had been wrapped around the chest fell away, becoming dust as the chest opened suddenly and black forms escaped.

She stepped back at the sight of them and when they charged into the king she blinked, the fur aliging her spine on end as she growled, watching his eyes turn black, as did his pelt, his pupils turning crimson. She flinched again as the king appeared to let out another roar, expecting the sound to hurt her ears but no sound came, and then everything around her went still. She tilted her head and poked at a nearby lion and it made no movement. A whistle caught her attention and she walked to it, and then the king was there, watching her. She swallowed dryly as she looked to him in silence. He came to her, enveloped in the shadows she felt so comfortable around.

"we are their gods, we have been waiting for your awakening. a most unfortunate curse befalls these people. that drove them to war, we did not want to see these people suffer any longer so we planned for there future as any gods would do for there children. we knew it would come to this but there is only so much we can do from our realm. but we saw you, we saw that your body could serve as a place for our power. you were destined to be a slave for the rest of your life, we plucked the string of time and we wove a new future for you one were you will become powerful, a god in solid form. worshiped by all." he said… though the words were not in his voice, he pointed to the crowd before continuing.

"these people wont be your masters for long, one day if you so choose you will march them into a new age. these pure bloods seek power but they do not know the meaning of such a word they plotted and schemed there way to the top, long before we became there masters, they called us into this world worshiping us as gods begging to defeat their enemies those they called lesser than them. a once peaceful land was plunged into war do to to many differences in what they called gods. we were foolish then we made the pact and gave them power in exchange for life force the pull from our realm had weakened us and this world didn't have the power we needed to live. the carnage that followed cost the lion people millions of souls on both sides of the conflict, our magic was too great for them they had very little understanding of the magic we had given them. after the carnage we had the power to return to our realm but our leaders saw the misfortune that had fallen these folk so they saw fit to leave behind us. we cant fix the past for these beaten people and we see the conflict with the so called savages ending in the extinction of an innocent people, but you can stop these events and one day you will, these people are your future subjects your power will be known savages and purebloods will unite and spread peace among the many kingdoms in this realm"

She shook her head… they’d just said alot and she was totally confused by most of it. She understood that somehow she was going to save their kind, but what they wanted from her she had no clue.

“Why me…?” she asked, somewhat annoyedly, she didn’t even know who these gods were and yet she was supposed to believe what they told her and she was supposed to rule these people. She awaited an answer in silence, frowning.

the entities, pause for a moment as if in thought.

"simply put you were young in your mother's belly, your soul was powerful enough for us to sacrifice a few of our own to imbue you with our power. you were chosen because you were the only one who could be chosen. our time here is ending soon and we do not have the time for another like you to be born. the war the purebloods started in there homeland has weakened us. but our power mixed with your own, you can do what we cant, acces the dark realm we come from while remaining in this world."

the vision fades and the kings image fades away. the crowd seems to whirl around at great speed. then gaia wakes up, its early morning she's in the medical tent general la looking down at her

"suns up, i found you asleep on the hill people say you just layed down and went to sleep no one could wake you" he says chuckling a bit. "the king says the gods spoke to you but he wasn't sure what they said, he wanted to speak to you about it when your feeling well"

"simply put you were young in your mother's belly, your soul was powerful enough for us to sacrifice a few of our own to imbue you with our power. you were chosen because you were the only one who could be chosen. our time here is ending soon and we do not have the time for another like you to be born. the war the purebloods started in there homeland has weakened us. but our power mixed with your own, you can do what we cant, acces the dark realm we come from while remaining in this world."

Gaia listened in silence as the beings spoke, and then began to fade. Everything seemed to go into hyperdrive around her, making her queasy and dizzy so she laid down with a groan and was asleep before she was laying down entirely. When she awoke she was in the medical tent, the General standing above her looking down. She blinked slightly, dragging her tongue over her muzzle slowly before moving to sit up, groaning slightly.

"suns up, i found you asleep on the hill people say you just layed down and went to sleep no one could wake you, the king says the gods spoke to you but he wasn't sure what they said, he wanted to speak to you about it when your feeling well"

She eyed him slightly, moving her legs to push herself to her feet. She nearly fell, her legs wanting to give out from under her, catching herself on the table. She mumbled “Yeah… whatever they were… spoke to me” she huffed as she straightened up… testing her footing as she looked to him. “Where is the king then?” she asked softly.

"the king is bathing in the sun near the pond" the general says smiling before standing up. "most rest after meeting with the gods but ive put off far too much paper work" he gives gaia a salute before he exists the tent swiftly .

gaia wonders to the pond seeing the king there laying in some grass. his two servants fan him and feed him strips of meat

the king senses gaia approaching and slowly gets up groaning as he does so. he approaches gaia taking her hand and whispering softly to not be overheard.

"i welcome you my goddess"
he pulls away and smiles.

"let us go to my tent so that i may greet you properly in private" gaia follows him to his tent. he shoos away the guards stationed beside it. his servant him and gaia are the only ones in and around the tent.

the king stands beside his throne seeming hesitant to sit. he finally does so seeming reluctant.

"the gods inhabit me in front of the people bending the events of time so that all the people can see there glory at once but receive message individually, i see it all, however one vision stood out"

he smiles.

"yours is the only one i care to remember, i sensed great power from you even when you were bound by that evil collar but i did not know you to be a child of the gods. i apologies for your disrespectful treatment thus far and please be lenient with us, if i tell the people you are our gods child you would be worshiped above even me, if you wish me to keep such information a secret i will guard such a secret with my very life. regardless of your choice i and my servants will serve your holiness for all eternity "

he gets up from his chair and kneels in front of gaia with his face to the floor.

"i just ask one thing, forgive me for my past transgressions so that i may join the darkness and escape the fires of the light"

the king seemed scared the whole time his demeanor was much less threating for sure

"the king is bathing in the sun near the pond, most rest after meeting with the gods but i’ve put off far too much paper work" the General said, saluting her, which to her was weird before turning and leaving. She chuffed through her nose as she watched him go and headed to the pond in silence, her ears resting against her skull the entire time. None of this made much sense to her. She slowed as she came upon the king, his servants fanning and feeding him strips of meat, eliciting a slight shake of her head in slight distaste of it. He stood quickly and grabbed her hand lightly

"i welcome you my goddess" He said as he pulled away, smiling "let us go to my tent so that i may greet you properly in private" She rose a brow at the ideal, but nodded, following him still without having said a word. He shoo’d everyone away, leaving her alone with him and his servant. He moved to his throne, but hesitated before sitting, notably uncomfortable once his ass hit the chair.

"the gods inhabit me in front of the people bending the events of time so that all the people can see there glory at once but receive message individually, i see it all, however one vision stood out. yours is the only one i care to remember, i sensed great power from you even when you were bound by that evil collar but i did not know you to be a child of the gods. i apologies for your disrespectful treatment thus far and please be lenient with us, if i tell the people you are our gods child you would be worshiped above even me, if you wish me to keep such information a secret i will guard such a secret with my very life. regardless of your choice i and my servants will serve your holiness for all eternity "

She frowned as he stood then knelt before her, she grabbed for his arm to lift him to his feet as he continued speaking. "i just ask one thing, forgive me for my past transgressions so that i may join the darkness and escape the fires of the light"

” You are all looney… I am a slave not a goddess. I have no clue what makes any of you think I am really special but if I was so special why would I have been collared my entire life… and made a slave, shouldn’t I have been learning to use my magics?” She mumbled at the stupidity of the idea as she looked to him, letting go of his arm awkwardly as a dream she’d had flickered into her memory.

"sometimes power can be thought to be bounded, the power within you could not be contained by such a simple magic item, its more likely that because you felt trapped your powers laid dormant"

the king goes over to his table grabbing a strange book bound with savage fur he unwrapped the clasps holding the pages closed and flipped to a page.

"those bound by the light can always find salvation in the darkness. follow us the gods whisper to our souls for those with power shall lead you to the forever sleep within our embrace" he read from the book

he sits back in his chair a bit more composed.

"thats a proverb from the holy text" he wraps the books pages with the clasp once more handing it to his servant who takes it carefully back to the table.

"the gods have always provided for us our magic comes from them and in return we give them thanks with our life force, you are very similar to them" he stands once more looking down at gaia.

"but you are not them yet, you will be trained how to act how to use magic, you will be taught our customs. but today we rest, its a rest day after all."

he flops back into his chair. his servent fans him and resumes feeding him strips of meet. the king looked drained as if what happened to his body the night before had drained him. his fur was whiter and his eyes look old

"sometimes power can be thought to be bounded, the power within you could not be contained by such a simple magic item, its more likely that because you felt trapped your powers laid dormant"

She listened quietly as the king spoke, her ears twisting this way and that as she watched him move to the table, grabbing a book. She lifted her head slightly taking in the scent of the area as he flipped through the book, stopping on a page before speaking again

"those bound by the light can always find salvation in the darkness. follow us the gods whisper to our souls for those with power shall lead you to the forever sleep within our embrace" She rose a brow at the statement as he read from the book, sitting back in his chair nonchalantly, having calmed down it appeared. "thats a proverb from the holy text" he said as he wrapped the books and handed it to the servants.

"the gods have always provided for us our magic comes from them and in return we give them thanks with our life force, you are very similar to them, but you are not them yet, you will be trained how to act how to use magic, you will be taught our customs. but today we rest, its a rest day after all."

She watched him quietly... "So.... where were your gods when your General stood up against you. And where were his gods when he lost? I am sure his family wishes his gods were more... present"

She huffed, she saw how worn out he looked but there was little she could do for that. She drug her tongue over her muzzle slowly.

"I will do whatever you deem needed... if we tell everyone that you think I'm important, that's your choice. You know this pride and more about pride life than I do... you tell me what to do and I shall, within reason."

"the gods do not take sides, all are worthy of the darkness and at the same none are. the only thing we can do is hope that our actions honor them, in our lives and our deaths. for now we rest tomorrow i will call a meeting between the generals and reveil you to them but only them for now the people needn't know, they already left there homes to go to ruin, they don't need there views to be called into question as well. "

the king slumps a bit looking weary "yesterday's festivities has drained me more than i realized. i apologies my goddess i must retire to my sleeping tent." he try's to stand but fumbles a bit. his servants catching each of his arms struggling to help the king out the back of the tent and to another not ten feet away to rest.

the camp was mostly quiet save for the giggles and screams of children who did not take part in communion and therefore are full of energy. their parents and guardians are fine with them wandering the camp so that they may rest and enjoy one of the few days they can eat meat and relax

"the gods do not take sides, all are worthy of the darkness and at the same none are. the only thing we can do is hope that our actions honor them, in our lives and our deaths.

.oO("Convenient... they take no blame for their actions") She thought before he continued

"for now we rest tomorrow i will call a meeting between the generals and reveil you to them but only them for now the people needn't know, they already left there homes to go to ruin, they don't need there views to be called into question as well. "

The King laid back in his throne, looking exhausted as he spoke again "yesterday's festivities has drained me more than i realized. i apologies my goddess i must retire to my sleeping tent."

Gaia tilted her head... she could offer him her own energy but his servants took him off so she excused herself and headed outside. She looked around at all the adults, so exhausted, and shook her head. She headed to the pond in silence, getting away from all the noise thankfully. She walked in quietly after looking around and sat quietly to think.