Private Tales among friends

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Silence spike volumes as they walked, Gaia had nothing to say and instead held her connection to the shadows. As they came to the opening in the trees they headed for a field and the shadows held back in the trees while the sun continued to go down. Her eyes caught the shaded elder and she watched him closely as they approached. Her vision held those around him as well though she did not pry her eyes from him specifically. Her party was beckoned to sit and sit they did, she waited for everyone to sit before she did, making it a point to prove that she was not tired, should they think as much and see weakness in the idea.

The elder had seen better days, she could smell the blood on his breath but made no sign that she knew he was not well. A blood elven stood besides him before stepping forward bowing. "my name is Julius i am his Holinesses attendant. i will be here as a stand by incase his holiness um becomes ill"

She tilted her head in acknowledgement before looking to the elder who was looking to her with inquiry in his eyes as he pointed to General La. "you are- are- you are pure bloods, i never thought id see the day when my own kind would set foot back on the main land"

The elder coughed and the blood made itself seen, her rounded ears twisted forward as she watched him beckon the Elf to speak for him. Her eyes, still shaded by darkness turned to the elf.

"i apologies his holiness is in poor health, the reason we have come here is because we were ordered by the lord who presides over our eastern tribes, we are to ask what has become of men from several tribes along the eastern territory's one such tribe was recently attacked and no one survived but many are missing, our lord does not wish to be forced into another war but if this attack on our people is not rectified hes ready for one, we are here to make sure this does not happen."

The shadows crept forth as the fires were lit, Gaia turned her eyes to General La, nodding for him to answer as she knew nothing about things that happened before she arrived, she would let him talk first, than she would bandaid his words to hopefully keep some peace, if possible.

the general understood and gave gai a wincing kinda look.

"i speak for my king i am general la, we captured many of your people in the months we have been here, unfortunately we got the information we needed and there lives were forfeited to the darkness, our teachings speak of the savages as i can see non are here save for the messenger boy, was that because you already know about the tensions between our peoples? i must ask you to forgive us for our transgressions my king only sees the evil among your people"

the old man beacons the attendant over and whispers in his ear.

the attendant stands at attention once more

"his lordship is willing to forgive the death of one tribe, his holiness wishes to know what happened to the children. surly they knew nothing of value yet we did not find any body's so what was there fate?"

the general looked at gaia ashamed before speaking.

"well the king ordered the children's be kept alive we have 59 in our care kept in crates many more died in our raids."

the general looked back at gaia a bit worriedly.

She gave no acknowledgement of the wince, General La and their kind had saw fit to take the lives in question, so she felt no sorrow in him having to answer for their transgressions.

"i speak for my king i am general la, we captured many of your people in the months we have been here, unfortunately we got the information we needed and there lives were forfeited to the darkness, our teachings speak of the savages as i can see non are here save for the messenger boy, was that because you already know about the tensions between our peoples? i must ask you to forgive us for our transgressions my king only sees the evil among your people"

Gaia watched as the elder whispered to the Elven man, watching as the Elven stood at attention to speak.
"his lordship is willing to forgive the death of one tribe, his holiness wishes to know what happened to the children. surly they knew nothing of value yet we did not find any body's so what was there fate?"

Again General La looked to her and again she nodded, telling him to reply "well the king ordered the children's be kept alive we have 59 in our care kept in crates many more died in our raids." he said quickly before looking to her again.

She awaited a reply from the Elder, seeing what he would say in response before she said too much to protect them and causing more damage in doing so.

the old man whispers to his attendant, he stands to attention as the old man begins to speak ounce more.

"the dead do not concern us however the children in your custody are expected to be returned to us" he pauses his raspy voice needing water as he motions a slave to give him more water.

"i am the spiritual leader of the falwood lionmen. i speak for the lord of all the lords under him, i hold both the knowlage and power under the light of the gods, above the creatures of the land and the devils below"

he begins another coughing fit and holds his cloth to his mouth. he waves away the slaves who attempt to give him water. he clears his throat and speaks ounce more in his raspy tired voice.

"the gods above forgive all even the transgressions of the darkness below"

he eyes the leader of the wise woman. she stares back menacingly

the other two women look at there sister surprised. second oldest of the triplets looked at her older sister with suspicion

"your mind has become closed to us what is happening sister" her eyes widen as the eldest of the three gave her a cold look

"the king wills it" she says eyeing her sisters defiantly the two guards that came with the pureblood delegation stepped away into the darkness

the other two sisters stand and make a defencive stance around gaia general la does the same.

the elven and the oldman as well as the slaves watched in silence as if unfazed by the strange occurrence

"the dead do not concern us however the children in your custody are expected to be returned to us"

Her eyes narrowed slightly at his ailments, feeling slightly bad for the elder as he spoke between coughing fits.

"i am the spiritual leader of the falwood lionmen. i speak for the lord of all the lords under him, i hold both the knowlage and power under the light of the gods, above the creatures of the land and the devils below, the gods above forgive all even the transgressions of the darkness below"

Gaia followed his eyes to the wise women quietly, listening quietly

"your mind has become closed to us what is happening sister"

"the king wills it"

Her eyes caught the guards stepping back into the darkness as two of the sisters and General La moved to stand defensively around her. She had no clue what was happening, her eyes moved to General La questioningly.

general la growled.

"something isnt right here."
suddenly
the the sounds of yelling and roars could be heard in the distance the sun that looked like it was setting was indeed just fire and battle in the distance the wind had just turned in the direction of the delegation allowing the sound of battle to drift and the smell of smoke and death.

the two sisters looked to the third in horror. and rushed to there knees to the holy leader and begging for there sisters forgiveness.

"without our knowledge your holiness our eldest sister has chosen to shield us from her visions she only dreams of war we beg forgiveness for our kings transgressions he does not yet know how it should be" they both say in that creepy unified voice

"she is the future her virtues are the true path"

the both point to gaia the eldest who has not moved from her place eyes gaia

"either you are against the savages or you are for them either way it shall always lead to war the gods forbid the savages from their royal palace if you truly serve the king then kill that old man with your ultimate power"

she yowls these words in anger challenging gaias position. general la growls at her and trys to protect gaia

the old man watches quietly as does the rest of his subjects. the boy who lead them here was nowhere to be seen

Her eyes turned to La "something isnt right here."
She heard the sounds of battle as the wind shifted and her eyes narrowed as she looked to the older wise woman as her sisters dropped before the elder.

"without our knowledge your holiness our eldest sister has chosen to shield us from her visions she only dreams of war we beg forgiveness for our kings transgressions he does not yet know how it should be, she is the future her virtues are the true path"

Gaia spun towards her and the shadows seemed to roar in a great sucking noise. Her eyes, a dangerous black now as she looked to the woman, listening to her words

"either you are against the savages or you are for them either way it shall always lead to war the gods forbid the savages from their royal palace if you truly serve the king then kill that old man with your ultimate power" The old wise woman yeowled. Gaia stepped up to her as the area went dark and she snarled, pulling her lips from her bright ivory fangs. A darkness she didn't understand came over her senses as she snarled and her shadows took over.

the old woman stood her ground. looking at her.

"what is your answer young one" the darkness seeming to be flowing into her, her eyes glow a dark purple looking at gaia at if she were a worm.

"the gods embow me with there power war is not evil it is necessary, you may be a child of the god but the gods cannot know all, the savages are devils they pretend to be nice but there souls are evil you must see that" she whispers growling her way through the words

the old woman stood her ground. looking at her.

"what is your answer young one"

The shadows seeped into the woman and Gaia grinned slightly as she yanked the shadows and twisted them within the woman, pain tore through her as she twisted the shadows within herself, latching onto her insides as they mirrored the action to the woman whom was taking the shadows in.

"the gods embow me with there power war is not evil it is necessary, you may be a child of the god but the gods cannot know all, the savages are devils they pretend to be nice but there souls are evil you must see that"

"The only evil I see is you... " She snarled as she twisted the shadows harder within herself and lashed out quickly with her hand, sharp claws reaching to hopefully sink into the females fleshy face as she launched herself forward towards her.

the old woman reared back taking a leap that seemed impossible for the old woman.

"you have much to learn from the world child, much to learn" she pulls a small sharp crystal from her satchel and holds it up her sisters gasp in unison

"sister dont" general la grabs gaia suddenly pulling her away from the old woman "stay away from her" he growls.

the old woman smiles and plunges the sharp crystal into her own chest. the darkness around her begins to pull into her form rapidly. her muscles begin to bulge and grow. her eyes turned pitch black and she bellows a roar that sounds almost wild.

"i shall teach you all the devastating power of war bow down before gods and repnt your ways" she says in a dark and unnatural voice.

the old mans attendant steps in front of the possessed beast

"you will not interrupt these peace talks" he says unconcerned by the wild womans form he draws his blade

"prepare to meet your end devil"

he leaps at her swinging his sword. the old woman jumps back and forth with the speed of a thousand horses his sword swinging just as fast.

the pureblood guards that had disappeared before reappeared from the darkness as if they were ghosts. one holds a blade to general la's throat the other points a sword at the two other wise women who are now hugging and sobbing uncontrollably hugging each other.

general la growls

"what is the meaning of this?"

the guard hold a blade to his neck says in a curt voice.

"the king would never talk peace with the savages to think otherwise was your mistake we didn't come here to talk peace we came here to kill there leader the old woman will achieve this then we will let you be"

the other guard yells at the crazed old woman

"wrap it up old bag stop playing with your food" he growls.

the beastly old woman smiles and strikes with such speed the elf did not notice the severing of one of his arms. he steps back in shock.

The female jumped out of reach before she could get to her, Gaia was stunned, having thought her magic and youth guaranteed her out maneuvering the old woman. "you have much to learn from the world child, much to learn"

"sister dont"
The others cried

General la grabbed Gaia, pulling her away and she ceased fighting as he growled "stay away from her." all she could do was watch, panicked as 2 wise woman sober at their sisters actions. Pain tore through her as the shadow magic backfired, since she didn't know how to use it really in the first place. She couldn't fight La's strength, her energy draining rapidly, pain filling her senses as he pulled her against him. She attempted to struggle for a moment, attempted to grasp at control of the shadows she felt slipping from her as the elven was de-armed. The amount of blood and her drained magic overwhelmed her and darkness clouded her senses as she fainted in La's grasp.

the elf clasps his sword tightly and attempts a swing at the woman. she removed his other arm swifty without remourse.

her claws had grown to talons razor sharp blades.

the elf falls to his knees blood covered the ground

the crazed woman approaches the old man. the slaves attempt to stop her but a batted aside like paper.

the old man locked eyes with her grabbing onto the crystal in her chest. he pulls a blue stone out and shouts.

"gariat are rea!" the fires around the field began to roar burning brighter and hotter than ever before. the stone in the old mans hand glows white so bright it immediately blinds the two attack guards. general la covers gaias eyes and his own. there is a sickening yowl and when general la opens his eyes once more the guards and the possessed she beast were gone. the two old women left were silent now.

the remaining slaves tended to their wounded wrapping the elf's arms in cloth and stopping the bleeding.

the old man was sitting in his chair looking winded eyeing gaia once more.

"explain your people's actions here today, we invite you to speak and yet i hear war in the distance i smell blood in the air and i see disorder among your ranks" he growls and coughs a bit a slave gives him water and he clears his throat.

Gaia felt La's hands over her eyes and it startled her to consciousness. She blinked unsure what happened, leaning back against La gently, exhaust overwhelmed her. The old king looked at her

"explain your people's actions here today, we invite you to speak and yet i hear war in the distance i smell blood in the air and i see disorder among your ranks"

She could no sooner explain mother nature's choices. She tilted her head to look back to La.... every muscle hurt from using her magic so haphazardly. She hoped he could come up with something.

the general gently places gaia in a chair and goes to the old mans feet. he kneels with his face to the ground.

"i assure you we did not know of this attack. she is our goddess but she's yet to solidify her position as a spiritual leader among our people, it seems our king had no intentions of speaking with your holiness, please forgive my people, i will attempt to rectify the situation to the best of my ability's "

the old man sat appearing to think, he grumbles a bit.

"i never excepted to return home with the same army i came here with" he motions over a messenger boy and whispers in his ear. he nods and darts off into the Forrest.

the old man clears his throat once more.

"ive ordered the retreat of my forces but they will demand revenge there will be consequences to your kings actions. as for the children in your stay an immediate release would smooth over tensions"

he looks at gaia intently.

"i will return in three days time, use that time to change these peoples ways if we cannot stop more blood shed then how will we ever live as a people. i can see even after all these hundreds of years the purebloods still hate our people and that hate has only bred hate our people are angry all lionmen pure or not"

he coughs into a rag and waves a hand at his slaves. they undo a rolled up cloth and it covers the old mans view. 4 slaves pick up the old mans chair and the other carry's the elf over his shoulder, the disappear into the darkness of the night like ghosts. one slave was left behind too wounded to be carried. the general helps the old women to there feet. there gazes seemed distant.

Gaia sat as La pushed her gently into a chair. Her head ached but even through the ache, an anger was building. The King had done this.... her jaw tensed in frustration as she forced her eyes onto Genera La, on his knees before this elder for something he knew nothing about... begging for forgiveness for something he had nothing to do with.

"i assure you we did not know of this attack. she is our goddess but she's yet to solidify her position as a spiritual leader among our people, it seems our king had no intentions of speaking with your holiness, please forgive my people, i will attempt to rectify the situation to the best of my ability's "

The elder mumbled, thinking before speaking "i never excepted to return home with the same army i came here with" A messenger boy was called and the elder whispered in his ear, something which sent the messenger rushing into the forrest as the elder cleared his throat once more. "ive ordered the retreat of my forces but they will demand revenge there will be consequences to your kings actions. as for the children in your stay an immediate release would smooth over tensions" his eyes fell upon her, staring intently."i will return in three days time, use that time to change these peoples ways if we cannot stop more blood shed then how will we ever live as a people. i can see even after all these hundreds of years the purebloods still hate our people and that hate has only bred hate our people are angry all lionmen pure or not"

She blinked, how would she change their minds in 3 days... something drastic would have to happen to change their minds, and right now she didn't even know if she could walk back on her own accord at this point she felt so weak. She nodded slowly, watching the elder cough again into a rag. They picked him and most of the wounded up and headed off. She groaned and attempted to stand but gravity had other plans. She growled and upon a second attempt she held herself on her feet dizzily..

General La helped the wise women up, they were dazed in disbelief of what had happened, as was Gaia but she knew once they got home... there would be no rest.

after the drama of the solids i fluttered to the human who lay bleeding out on the ground.

he smelled delicious but eating him might upset someone so i just intently stare at the wasted meal.

i flutter to the generals shoulder as gaia seemed too tired to carry me herself

Gaia groaned and shifted to her pure feline form, unwilling to waste more energy holding any other form. She watched Cra'ull flutter to General La's shoulder before she headed back the way they'd came, head hanging slightly tiredly, saving as much energy as she could for the next drama that was guaranteed to unfold.

when they got back to the camp it was in chaos soldiers were rushing around, some enimes were captured ans screaming obscenity's as the soldiers struggled to subdue the men.

screams of agony could be heard as wounded were being tended to. and amidst it the king stands with his generals up on the hill were the war tent sat. some are laughing and drinking the king stares proudly over the camp as if this were some victory to him.

general la ordered a solider to escort the two old wise woman back to there tents. general la was unsure how to address gaia in her current form.

"um if you wish to follow do, i have some words for his majesty." he growls looking at him in the distance.

he marches off heading for the king.

She saw the chaos as they walked and her eyes locked in on the king, laughing as if death did not surround him and a new rage grew in her chest. She turned her eyes up to La as he spoke to her "um if you wish to follow do, i have some words for his majesty." and she snarled as she walked besides him. She shifted back to her half form as they grew closer to the king. Her hands clenched, nails biting into the flesh part of her palm.

As they approached she let La go ahead... if she charged in she couldn't tell what she'd say or do so she gave him a chance before she tore the king apart. Adrenalin began to course through her veins, spiking her heart rate and flooding her with new found energy and rage. Her ears pressed against her skull as she glared at the king whom she once thought was a good guy.... how quickly the tides had turned.

the king smiled at the general as he approached. he stretched out his arms looking around him as he spoke

"look at the glory that surrounds us, the gods have blessed us this day"

the general looked at the king surprised and confused most of all anger.

"what blessing do you see my lord?" he said pointing down at the camp.

the king frowned and looked around.

"we won the battle and since your still alive i assumed we also took out there leader, the enemy's ran away like cowardly cubs, we captured several of there generals, its a good day. casualty's were excepted but those that have died join the darkness we must rejoice with the gods."

the general shaked his head growling.

"your majesty there leader lives and he spoke of lords and kings i fear the lionmen of falwood out number us by thousands they will come back and they wont give us mercy if we do not make peace. please your majesty stop this endeavor to finish what our ancestors started"

he looked at gaia as if wondering if she approves of what hes said.

the king growled.

"the savages are not lionmen we are the only lionmen left our blood is pure they are savages meer animals, even if they attack with hundreds of thousands i will not make peice with demons and animals, and anyone that does will feel my fury!" he roars "for the gods are on my side, who are you to question the gods will?"

the king asks menacingly hissing the words.

"look at the glory that surrounds us, the gods have blessed us this day" The king said, arms outstretched and joy in his voice.

"what blessing do you see my lord?" General La asked,, pointing towards the camp in apparent disgust. Gaia's eyes did not follow the point thougb, they remained on the king as a growl rumbled through her vocal cords.. the muscles beneath her pelt rippled with held back aggressive energy..

"we won the battle and since your still alive i assumed we also took out there leader, the enemy's ran away like cowardly cubs, we captured several of there generals, its a good day. casualty's were excepted but those that have died join the darkness we must rejoice with the gods."

Gaia couldn't stop the laugh that escaped her maw as she just stared at the king, General La shook his head, a movement she caught from the corner of her eye, as he growled.

"your majesty there leader lives and he spoke of lords and kings i fear the lionmen of falwood out number us by thousands they will come back and they wont give us mercy if we do not make peace. please your majesty stop this endeavor to finish what our ancestors started" General La said, looking to her to see if she agreed. She said nothing as the king growled

"the savages are not lionmen we are the only lionmen left our blood is pure they are savages meer animals, even if they attack with hundreds of thousands i will not make peice with demons and animals, and anyone that does will feel my fury! For the gods are on my side, who are you to question the gods will?"

"YOU are the savage...." She snarled as she stepped up to him, long ivory fangs bared as she stepped right up to him, not flinching in fear at the massive height difference between them. She could smell his breath as he breathed and she snarled again, tail lashing as she glared to him. Her muscles were tight, prone to strike should the need or opportunity arise as she stood, uncomfortably close to him.

the king snarled back

"you may be a child of the gods but your fate lays in my hands,I am the ruler of these people and I can decide there fate the gods have blessed me with life eternal and thing that are internal rule all in the end" he growls quickly scratching his paw acros gaias face.

"you were born a slave your emance" he hisses "and you may lead our faith but I lead our people learn your place and serve me well and you may even be my wife some day" he smiles barring his sharp teeth. general la growls not like the kings demeanor. the other generals watched the stand off like an entertained crowd not caring to intervene

"you may be a child of the gods but your fate lays in my hands,I am the ruler of these people and I can decide there fate the gods have blessed me with life eternal and thing that are internal rule all in the end"

He lashed out with his paw, an attempt to rake his claws across her face that she ducked beneath with narrowed eyes and and chuckle, having had her share of slaps throughout her life she was quite ready to avoid the contact.

"you were born a slave your emance" he hisses "and you may lead our faith but I lead our people learn your place and serve me well and you may even be my wife some day"

She laughed as he smiled, showing his teeth.
General La growled besides her. "YOU think for one second I would take an old worn out male like you as my mate.... you sure do think highly of yourself. " She chuckled. Shaking her head... "Quite pathetic really... I already have a mate and he is Far stronger than some run down King who thinks he rules the world and his gods."

She chuckled again, watching him... waiting for him to make a move and give her an opening to attack. She was fueled by rage and adrenalin now and she was ready for him, unlike the wise woman's attack, this one she expected.

the king looked at her in astonishment. he barred his teeth growling

he stepped back a bit to slash his claw down on gaia.

general la stepped in as he did catching his paw mid swing.

"enouph!" he roars "you will not harm her"

the other generals were watching intently fearing to intervene

She snarled back as he stepped back and slashed at her again, again she ducked, but this time General La caught the kings paw mid-swing, roaring at the king that he would not harm her. "enouph! You you will not harm her"

She took the opportunity to step behind the king, standing on her tippy toes to whisper in his ear... a dangerous tone hide in her vocals, something having come over her that she could not control, a darkness in her voice.

"the gods have judged you.... and found you no longer adequate...." She said with a whispered growl. She reached around and drug her sharp claws across his throat without remorse.