Private Tales Wolves At the Door

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Silver lifted her bow and quiver and slung them over her back, leaving Raksha in the stable outside. She felt like walking today, and she breathed in the fresh air with a deep sigh as she let it out. She looked one way and then the other down the road and nodded.. "This way."

It was easy for her to find the rivers, she'd always been able to find them based on the vegetation, how the soil felt under her feet, what sort of birds and insects there were around the area. But now she could smell them too, and hear them if she was close enough. They found it within ten minutes of walking, and the small, derelict village was only another short walk.

She paused as it came into view, and she pulled at the air searching for any scents, people, smoke, but she couldn't smell anything from where they stood.. "Do you still want to teach me?.." she asked as they made their way onto the road.. "I was still aware of everything.. I still want to know how you shut down from it.." she frowned, unable to get the wolf's face out of her mind.

Jorg glanced over towards her for a moment, frowning fornusut a few seconds.

He didn't want to admit it, but his confidence in the control he had was shaken. He had managed to shut the worlf down, drag it back when it had hesitated...but before then it had all been next to useless. He wasn't sure if he could teach her anything if he wanted to, and on reflection...perhaps his own connection with the wolf had made it easier for it to jump Silver.

That thought scared him. "I...can try."

He said quietly as they walked.

"I mean I will." Jorg swallowed. "But after what it did to you. I'm not sure how much control I really have."

He paused a second. "I can feel him...it now in the back of my head. The power that comes with him, the anger, but something else...almost like...joy."

Which was new and utterly terrified him. "I don't know what to make of any of this."

He confessed to her quietly.

She could sense his hesitation in answering what she'd asked of him, and she understood why he'd feel more reluctant now, of course.. "Well.. It might be easier now. Without the threat, I mean. We got that part out of the way.." her lips twisted and she shrugged, pushing open a gate to a home that seemed as though it too had been abandoned. Still, she remained wary..

She turned back to him as he paused, her eyes narrowing in though over his words and she gave a small smile as he spoke of joy. She cleared her throat and looked down for a moment to force the smile into something more serious before looking back at him.. "I suppose, it makes sense. Normal wolves are sociable, they don't often live or hunt alone. We have been, so far... I feel, a little more peace." she frowned as she singled out the feeling, and she nodded as she felt it the right word.

"Like she feels safer..." she added and tilted her head at him.

"But I don't know either. I guess we just, help each other survive for now." she shrugged and turned away to wander up the path..

• Popcorn
Reactions: Jorg
He frowned after her, watching for a few seconds in consideration.

Jorg had been alone for so long that the idea of someone besides him was...daunting. Even if they were going to cooperate, work together, it was still strange. He'd not been a recluse for the last five years, but he'd certainly been on his own.

After a few moments he quickly stepped up and followed after her, deciding that it would be best just not to think about whatever this strange...connection now meant.

"We'll need to go around the back." People in this part of the world weren't exactly keen on naked strangers walking up towards them. "Maybe we can find some laundry hanging up in the fields."

It'd be better than having to stick up a tailor.

• Dab
Reactions: Silver Romani
"Mh.. Right.." she agreed with a look up and down him as she tightened her towel around her. It wasn't the first time she'd had to steal clothes from people's drying laundry, still she hoped at least this time there would be something that fit.

She crept around the outside of the building, and sure enough there were several lines of washing in the meadow out back. With another wary glance around she rushed out toward them and wove in between the sheets that hung, fluttering in the breeze. She smirked at the array of clothes that hung beside them, the people here were clearly farmers, and she mused at how they might look on a man like Jorg. Still, she wasn't too choosy, a plain white shirt and a pair of black leggings were thrown over her shoulder, and a spare shirt set for good measure..

"This one looks like it'd fit you.." she mused and pointed toward a frilly apron..

• Sip
"Well at least it would cover my balls." Jorg said with about as much enthusiasm as you could expect.

For a few moments he looked over what else was on the lines, and after a minute he managed to find a simple white shirt and pair of leather trousers. The Former was a tad tight, but it would have to do for now. Especially given their situation.

He tugged on the hem of the shirt, glancing at Silver. "The Bandits had a bit of coin on them."

Jorg said as he showed her the leather bag he'd been carrying.

"Good opportunity to get some supplies." He intended for them to stay in the dilapitated village a little while longer, at least until they came up with a plan.

• Dab
Silver snort laughed and stopped herself with a bite to her lip before turning away and dropping the towel to pull on the clothes. They fit well enough, and she tucked in the shirt as she turned back to him.. "Oh I have plenty of coin.." she told him with a small smile. "Huge fuck off stone too. Sapphire." she shrugged, a smug look on her face. "Alliria won't miss me.." she chuckled. He killed people and took their coin, he couldn't exactly judge her for making a living..

"Lead on, Boss." she joked, but she grimaced as though to say 'too soon'? ..

"Do you?" He asked. "Where have you been keeping it..."

Jorg peeked around, as if glancing at her rear, but quickly turned around and headed towards the village before she could even give him an answer.

The village, as expected, was just about the sleepiest thing one could ever imagine. There were two taverns, a general goods store, and then some market stalls for the farmers who lived in the surrounding area. Jorg had seen many like it all over the world.

He and Silver walked slowly down mainstreet. "I need boots."

The wolf always ruined those. "General Goods store first."

The Mercenary declared as he made a b-line.

• Sip
Silver smirked as he looked her over and she turned slightly to pat at her quiver, the sound of coins rattling at the bottom of it as she did..

"Mh.. I hate boots.." she commented and looked down at her bare feet. She'd always had an aversion to wearing shoes, she felt unable to walk properly with her feet enclosed, and gods help her in heels. No, she preferred to feel the ground she walked on, regardless of the terrain.

"I hope this village has something decent to drink. I could use one.." she murmured and pushed her way into the store.. "The taverns here have to be better than the shit hole we're sleeping in.. Perhaps we should stay here.." her brow quirked.

• Popcorn
He glanced back at her for a moment as they walked towards the General Good Store. "You think that's a good idea?"

Jorg wasn't taunting her, in fact he couldn't have been more serious.

After what had happened the night before he did not entirely feel confident in himself, particularly around Silver. Though she was now...well...now that the wolf inside of her seemed to submit to him it might not have been a problem, but he was still weary.

"If it's what you would like, I won't make you go back to the other village." Well, unless it was to get her horse.

• Popcorn
She paused in her step and turned to look at him with a sheepish look "I.. suppose not." she dropped her gaze and curled a lock of hair around her ear, her mind on the mess they'd left in the derelict inn. She hoped it wouldn't come to that again, but truth be told she didn't know.

"
It's alright.." she assured him, but couldn't help but offer a small smile as he seemed intent on giving her options.. "It'll do fine." she nodded. "The fewer people around the better I suppose." she sighed..

He nodded his head. "We'll get some new blankets, some nails too to fix the damage we did."

Jorg tried to at least offer her some semblance of comfort, stopping and looking back at her with a warm smile to try and be a little encouraging.

"Maybe a pillow too if you ask nicely." A smirk touched his lips, and he offered a quick wink before he turned back towards the General Goods store and pulled open the door.

The inside of the shop was about as bland as one could imagine. There were shelves of random things everywhere. Food, sacks of cloth, blankets, camping supplies, all of it seemed to be lined up and ready for sale.

Jorg began to look for boots first.

• Popcorn
"Hm.. Yes, No offence but you make a terrible pillow.. Nowhere near soft enough.." she rubbed at the side of her neck with a small grin. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad. She'd felt somewhat like her freedom had been revoked, and she supposed it had in a way, but there were far worse places she could be and with far worse people. Jorg seemed to have a kind soul, from what she could gather so far. Sure, his wolf had thrown her through a wall and went for the jugular, but he'd also comforted her twice now and his humour was amusing. If she had to be bound to someone she was glad he was not a brute nor a boring bastard.

Silver picked up a handful of new arrows from the basket by the door and slipped them into her quiver as she browsed what other delights there was on offer. She picked up some candles and a large woven blanket that she held against her face with a smile at the softness against her skin. She'd forgotten about the blood that'd dried over her face though..She hoped they wouldn't draw too much attention.

"Ya beauty." she perked as she found a barrel with some bottles of wine sitting atop it and she wrapped her arms around the lot of them and lifted them up. "I'm sorted!"

• Popcorn
Jorg meanwhile had found some boots.

It had really been the only thing he'd wanted from this damned place, and he was more than happy to actually manage to find it too. Slipping them on he wiggled his toes, casting a glance over towards Silver as she came back carrying an armful of wine.

"Ummm." He frowned. "Good thing you brought your own money."

Jorg most definitely did not have enough.

A few seconds later of bartering and speaking with what was clearly a terrified looking shop clerk Silver and Jorg made their way back outside of the Store. Somehow they had managed to wrangle a free canvas bag for Silver's wine bottles, which Jorg was now carrying.

Silver had made a decent amount of coin during her three days in Alliria. The clerk's eyes had gone wide as she tipped the purse onto the counter and sifted through the various pieces of jewellery and a sapphire the size of a walnut to pick out the coins required for payment. Silver wasn't particularly used to paying for much, but from time to time she did use the coin that she earned.

She walked beside him and looked up with a small smirk as he carried her bottles. Not that she didn't have the strength to do so, but she appreciated the chivalry that she wasn't used to.. "So..Aren't you supposed to rule your people at some point?.." she asked curiously as they walked.. "I mean, how long can they go on believing you're in the military for? What when the others return home without you?.." her lips pursed..

• Haha
He chuckled. "I didn't join the Mallian Army."

His parents already knew that he had run away, in fact he had seen them a few months back and then proceeded to run away again. He did not want the responsibility of leading. Hell, he barely wanted responsibility for himself.

"I joined a Mercenary company." Jorg explained. "We went out into the Wilds and did whatever job we came across."

Of course, one of those jobs had lead to his transformation. "If I don't return by the time my father dies...the title will likely go to my brother."

Which Jorg was entirely okay with.

"Why? Were you hoping I'd be taking you to a palace?" Jorg teased with a smile.

• Thoughtful
"Oh.." her brow lifted as he explained. It was all so complicated to someone who'd never lived in a city before..Her gaze fell downcast as he mentioned a brother and she nodded slowly in understanding.. "Mhm.."

"What? Gods no.. I'm terrible at curtsies. I don't understand why they need so many forks and corsets can get fucked." she frowned and looked up at him, but her face softened and she cleared her throat as she realised she'd gone off in a bit of a rant.. "I don't do well in gilded cages.." she smiled..

"Give me a meadow, some music and decent wine and I'm happy." she shrugged. "Well. At least I used to be.." she muttered with a a shrug..

Last edited:
  • Popcorn
"Well I guess we'll find out if its true again." Jorg said with a brief smile, tapping the canvas bag practically filled to the brim with bottles of wine.

Funnily enough his own mindset was very much the same as hers.

"In Mallian." He told her softly. "I wasn't much of a Prince. I never cared about my position, most of the time I was out drinking, playing cards, and horse racing."

A chuckle passed his lips. "Every night was just chasing another bit of fun."

He smiled at her.

"I think you would have been fun." Jorg couldn't have even imagined the trouble they could've gotten into.

• Devil
Silver grinned at him and twisted her lips with a shrug "Oh I was fun.." she laughed.

"You sound like you know how to have fun..Sure you're not a gypsy?.." her brow quirked. It amused her that only hours ago he was trying to rip her throat out and she was bawling her eyes out wanting to kill herself. And here they were, on their way back to their pile of rubble with a sack full of wine in other people's clothes.

"Raksha has won every race she's ever run.. She's got me out of trouble a fair few times." she smiled warmly. "Most other horses seem to have taken a dislike to me since I became a little more bitey."

• Popcorn
He smirked at her. "Well, my mother would have some explaining to do but...I wouldn't put it past her."

There was no love lost between his mother and father, at least by the time he'd left. It had been a marriage of convenience and both of them had known that from the very beginning. It was the way of things in Mallian.

Would have been his fate too if he hadn't left. "Works that way with the flyings one too I'm afraid."

The Elves in the Jungle had shown him as much.

"Most animals." He remembered walking into a barn once, the noise had been nearly unbearable.

• Sip
Silver gave an awkward laugh under her breath as she felt a little tension around the subject of his mother. She chewed on her lip rather than further explore the subject of families and left it at that. She’d no desire to speak of hers either..

“Flying ones?...” her brows lifted as she pushed open the creaky door of the inn.

“I guess they can smell what we are too.. I could smell you a mile off.” She smirked

• Sip
Jorg nodded his head in agreement with her. "It was worse after you bathed."

His lips thinned for a second.

"Not that you smell bad." Jorg clarified quickly. "It was just...much more there."

Hed never experienced anything quite like it. Since the wolf and him had made their deal his sense of smell was a thousand times better, but with Silver it had been the first time he'd smelled actual emotions. He was still trying to puzzle that one out.

As he thought about it his nose tickled, her scent catching there once more almost as if thinking about it had brought it to the forefront.

• Thoughtful
She frowned and nodded in mute agreement. It’d been like he’d washed off any other scent that might’ve been masking his own. Right now all she could smell was blood, on her skin and in her hair, from the wounds that had begun to heal over.

She looked around at the shattered room and huffed quietly.. “Surprised the whole place didn’t fall in.” She frowned, there was hardly any wall left, the floor had craters left by his fists and there were far fewer tables and chairs.. “Least there’s plenty wood for the fire.” She shrugged and left her blanket and candles along with her bow on the bar.

“I’m going to get cleaned up..” she rumbled and started stripping off as she left the room.

• Devil
Jorg nodded his head. The stinging of his wounds had gone down a bit, though just like Silver the stench of blood was practically stuck in his nose. It couldn't be helped of course, the scratch on his face would take a few weeks to heal even with the Wilds head.

"I'm going to patch some of the holes in this place." He told her as he put down the bag of wine Silver had made him carry and dug through it until he found the nails that he'd purchased. A hammer would be around here somewhere and wood...well they had plenty between the chairs and tables.

As Silver walked back towards the other room Jorg turned away. Adjusted his trousers the mercenary glanced around the room.

The belt he'd stolen off the clothes line was a little small for him, but it worked out well enough considering that his breeches hadn't yet fallen to the ground. Shifting slightly uncomfortably Jorg picked up one of the nearby tables and began to get to work.

If they were going to stay here, might as well have walls.

• Haha
The cold bath wasn't as pleasant and done nothing for her aches but she cleaned her skin of blood and got out as quickly as she could, leaving the water a pale pink. Her wounds were still angry and her bruises had grown darker, and she lifted the shirt collar around her neck to try and hide as many of them as she could and tried to ignore the pain that spread across her back.

He'd done a fair bit of work by the time she stood in the doorway, towel drying her hair and she grinned playfully. "He cooks and he's a carpenter.. You really are a shit prince." she laughed under her breath. Silver made use of some of the pillows and cushions she'd found in the rooms, setting them out on the floor by the hearth to try and make the place a little cosier, and she lit candles to get rid of the cold, grey light.

Finally she grabbed a bottle of wine and uncorked it with her teeth as she flopped down in front of the fire with a pained wince, and took a long drink..It was far more pleasant than the god awful stuff Jorg had found in the floor.

"Better."

• Haha